• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Isekai Hell][September Event]The Velstar Festival

saxon

One Thousand Club
Hello everyone, this RP takes place in the Isekai Hell universe. Feel free to view the links above to learn more about it!

This follows a group of adventurers who have come to visit the village of Hyroth during its Velstar festival, which is a celebration of lasting peace and has been celebrated for the last 45 years. Becoming a popular festival where merchants from all of Ryke come to sell their wares and enjoy the festival. Where on the final day of the festival, the largest event is held; a massive bonfire is assembled on the outskirts of the village and is lit for all the people in attendance.

Setting:
Time of Day: 6 pm
Weather: Fair, windy
OOC: Please include links to your character sheet in your first post!

Vendors lined the streets of the village of Hyroth as they tried to sell their wares. The sun was slowly starting to set as the air cooled, many of the people who clung to the shade earlier in the day were starting to move again. The air was filled with food from various stalls as the few inns in the village were filled to the brim with people from all over. Many of the merchants set lanterns on their stalls.

They were trying to get more of the wares they had brought with them sold before the end of the festival. Bard had even set up on the corners singing as the people passed them by with a few rykes being tossed toward them by the attendees. All the while the numerous voices blended to the point some people had to yell to be heard.

A fight outside of a stall that sold ale was well underway as many of the other stall patrons formed a large circle as the beast man with the head of a bull and a human squared off with one another. While the festival was always meant for peace and remembrance, many did fall into fighting when having a little too much in their cups. Though the guards quickly defused the fight as they rushed over to put a stop to it.

The crowd was promptly shooed away as the two were taken away, and the others started ordering drinks again. Drunk singing could be heard from the stall, which echoed down the street. After a few more moments, a man with a torch ran through the streets shouting, "Pardon me, excuse me! Torchbearer coming through!" The people made a path down the center of the road as the man with the torch continued on his way. "The light of Velstar shall be lit in an hour, all who wish to watch the lighting start to make your way toward the bonfire!" The man shouted as many of the people were clapping and applauding.

Some of the people along this street continued to stay where they were as some started to walk in the direction the man was traveling. The ones that stayed tried to haggle with the vendors to lower their prices on the last day to see if they could get any good deal on what was left over.

crop.jpg
Eris moved from stall to stall; this was the first time the girl had come to the festival; she had heard about it since she was a little girl. However, her family had never traveled to it. She knew it was one of the largest festivals of the year here; the silver-haired priestess was in awe of the festival. I never imagined that this festival was going to be this huge! She shouted in her head as she moved to one stall selling small trinkets, glancing around for a moment before moving on to the next stall.

As she moved further down the street, a man in priest robes stood on top of a crate, "Good people, let us not remember the true reason for this festival! The plains to the north were once the site of a large battle where several lords of Ryke fell in defense of the country during the early years of Ryke!" The man shouted as he started to tell the tale of the battle as the remnants of the old Empire tried to subjugate the young country of Ryke to bring it back into the fold before the eventual peace at the end of the war.

Eris stopped for a moment to listen to the man though she knew much about the story. But she always tried to pick up something when she visited a place. She lingered for a few moments before continuing down the path until she entered a square where more stalls lined the outside corners and in the center was a stage where a group of bards was playing music. Eris smiled as she started to move closer to the stage.

"Wow, they are pretty good," Eris muttered as she had a child-like gleam in her eye as she watched the group perform.

mentions: @Develius Orikanyo Orikanyo

"Aww come on the fight was just getting good!" a certain blond man complained at the two fighters being taken away, he had hoped to see them get their punches in but sure enough somebody had to ruin the fun! Ah... Whatever... not like it's the only thing around that was fun. The lightly drunk man took a deep drink of his mug, further, further and finally slamming it down on the bar stand. "Bah! whew! They bring out the good stuff for festivals to be sure, heres for the drink, one for the road?" he tossed a few rykes at the tender, who obliged, the mugs had marks to be returned to the owners when they are found by the cleaners anyways if he walked off with it.

And once poured so he did, he was here today to celebrate, see the sights and eat some delicious and in no way nutritious food. Earlier he availed himself of the Honey roasted skewers that were positively dripping with decadence. Some old veterans, old as sin in truth, were hammering out drinks for old friends long gone and those that were too stubborn to join them yet. Finn had talked with the old men before wandering off to get some drinks of his own.

Old war stories, drifting to funny tales, some sad goodbyes that had to be made long ago, and many, many drinks to be had... Not enough to pass out before the bonfire anyways, the old coots needed to be present for that!

Finnegan kept his eyes on the crowd, people flitted out and around, but with the torch barer coming through, it was a signal of the main event coming in!

The music, for now, called to him, he stepped and staggered his way forwards, more from avoiding folks in the crowd over his own drunkenness. The man gave abit of a pause near the stands, before someone caught his eye, mostly because they were speaking next to him. Though he could probably spot her out in a crowd, with all that white she was... Well... Was, her hair was white even.

"yea, pretty good I dare say. this village certainly knows how to throw a party thats for certain." the make punctuated with a long gulp of whatever brew he was poured. "Good to see people still celebrate life when they remember folks long gone. I know I wouldn't want people sobbing over me forever if I went. unless they were cute." he chuckled abit, fixing his shirt.

Bram Stoker

Hoping to blend into the festive crowd, Bram wandered in silence as his hooded figure walked through and against countless waves of glee-filled civilians and merrymakers. Though asocial in a way, he found the general atmosphere of the village pleasing to say the least.

With most being drunk on cheer and alcohol, Bram hoped that none would be wary of his presence or find him suspicious in anyway. To be fair, aside from his stature, there were many others who appeared more monstrous than him.

As he made his way from stall to stall, Bram found himself deviating from his initial goal; to get information. Instead, his nose veered him off path and into the presence of food that his body actually found appealing. With his stomach rumbling and mouth filling up with saliva, he was left with no choice but to succumb to his instincts.

His posture turned relatively lax, obviously less tense than he was before. No longer cloaked by his hood, Bram's face was bare for the world to see. Hopefully, the massive slice of meat - of questionable rarity - that was dangling from his mouth would make Bram seem less intimidating. If that wasn't enough, in one hand he had a plate-filled with blood sausages, and a pitcher of what looked to be a very bloody mary. Against his better judgment, Bram found himself swept up by merriment around him.

"Rke wahs. Ag rarar avoyb mawnyng ush wer." He unconsciously replied to the blonde-haired young man beside him. Bram didn't mean to, but the idea of dwelling on death in a negative light wasn't something he wanted as well. He realized his blunder far too late and had no choice but to continue conversing. Hurriedly swallowing up what was left of the meat he was partaking off, Bram cleared his throat. "Ehem!" Savory juices stained the side of his mouth but that did not stop Bram from apologizing for his behavior. "Pardon my manners. I was overwhelmed by how flavorful festival delicacies could be."

Eris enjoyed the music too much as she had tuned out everything else around her. She was nudged slightly as a drunk old man bumped into her on his way out of the crowded area. Glancing toward the man who had bumped into her, she sighed as the old man just seemed to grumble about being bumped into. Which Eris thought to be quite rude before turning her attention back to the bards on the stage.

She was just about to return to focusing on the music when she heard a voice right next to her; jumping a bit, she turned to look to see who it was. The person next to her seemed to be a knight based on the look of his armor. "Oh, sorry, good knight, I didn't hear you approach," Eris apologized for a moment as she gave a small bow. "Oh yes, they are; they caught my attention immediately as I entered the square. Well, the festival is one the larger ones in this area and the most popular for people to come to the outside of ones thrown in the capital," Eris explained as she was about to turn back to the bards. She realized she hadn't introduced herself yet. "Eris, priestess of the Goddess of Reincarnation and guider of souls, Holfeel," she introduced herself.

Then a rather large man appeared as he spoke some strange language before clearing his throat.
Did he just swallow that piece of meat whole?! Eris screamed in her head as she tried to comprehend what had just happened in front of her. She wasn't sure if the guy needed a lesson in table manners or just did what he wanted. Though needless to say, it wasn't the most appealing thing she had ever seen.

mentions: Palu Palu Orikanyo Orikanyo

Bram Stoker

Bram felt some awkwardness towards Eris, the young female who introduced herself as a priestess. There was something about religious figures that rubbed him the wrong way. And for some reason, his gut told him that his display of his ill-manners did not sit well with the white-haired girl.

Taken aback, Bram's forearm rushed towards his mouth to wipe off whatever that was left on it. "Uh, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, priestess." Bram briefly bowed his head before turning towards the blonde man. "To you as well, young knight."

Making sure his face was clear of any particles of food, Bram adjusted his non-prescription spectacles and introduced himself. "I am Bram, a simple physician apprentice." Uncertain of where to lead the conversation to, Bram extended his hand towards the the young humans. "By any chance, would either of you like a blood sausage. They're quite exceptional."

It was obvious that Bram wasn't the best conversationalist.

Mentions: saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo

Finngean
994e5a56adbc264ae5b051e5ac264a93.jpg
"Finnegan Huttman, Adventurer and Errant Knight. Mostly adventurer." He hadn't no lofty titles like this girl had, but sure as hell it was impressive to hear. "Goddess of Reincarnation and guider of souls? Don't think i've heard that one, that foreign?' he couldn't help but ask, giving the girl a few once overs to try and find any... Well..symbols or what not... But she wasn't half bad looking either.

...Then who the hell was this? Lad was ginormous, he certainly was a big one to be sure. "Been eating just about everything on offer, definitely a rich full flavor. Gotta use a healthy well taken care of animal for that to be that good. Cruelty seeps in and spoils any meal i'd say!" the blond cracked his neck abit. "Say, Eris? You live around here? Forgive me if it;s abit forward but from just a look at you, you seem more belonging in a big temple of some sort.

Right proper priestess i'd say! I'm just an adventurer but even I can see the divine spark in you." that is, to say, appraisal did see the divine spark, he his eyes glanced lightly to the results of the appraising. (Appraisal B)

""Was hopeing yea had some clue about the local customs and what their doing for this whole festival."

ARIA

Untitled310_20220821224525-2.PNG
It was a beautiful event, one that Aria had never attended but wanted to for quite some time. The stars aligned for the war maiden, despite her ever growing list of duties she found some time to attend. Usually she'd be accompanied by her friend Regula, but today she was out and about in the Festival.

Aria quickly found the numerous stalls selling drinks, tables were laid out about the place and so much delicious food both healthy and unhealthy were everywhere. If she was excited, her face wouldn't show it as the maiden made her way to get a drink. "Hello." She said as she pulled a few coppers from her pockets, "I'd like to have one of those please." she said pointing at the man sitting nearby. When the exchange was made, she took a good sip of the foamy liquid. "Ugh, not quite what I was expecting!" she said, out loud as the bitter liquid assaulted her palate, and shook her head disgustedly.

Deciding to walk around a bit before ordering something to eat, Aria began her stroll about the festival. So much laughter engulfed the atmosphere, jugglers, fire dancers, musicians and poets adorned the streets with their artistic spectacles. She'd give as much as she could, especially to one singing about the warriors of old, those ghosts that, this grand festival was held for in their honor and remembrance.

It was then that Aria was challenged. "Hey you!" A voice from a nearby table called out. "I dont like how you walk so smug, how about an arm wrestle ya little snowflake!" Apparently she was giving an air of authority, or perhaps it was that she carried her sword with her on this particular evening. Nonetheless it couldn't be helped. Aria tilted her head, "You'd be wise to choose your marks more carefully." She said as she walked up and sat down, placing her elbow on the table and clasped hands together. The man reeked of alcohol, she could swear he was seeing double. "When I win, you're going home and drinking a large pitcher full of water."

And they were off, the man put up quite the challenge for a moment, and Aria gritted her teeth but then seemingly out of nowhere, she manages to beat him.

Panting she continues, "Ha.. now.. go home." But the man wouldn't take defeat as an option, when he decided to strike the maiden. But before he could do so, Aria grabs hold of his fist and flips him over her shoulder and onto the table, landing with a crash on his back. He was instantly knocked out. Aria managed to get away quickly before a crowd gathered, yet in her haste she was looking back to see if anyone would spot her, when she suddenly crashed into Finn and falling backwards landing on her bottom. "Oof!"

Looking up at this steel clad person her eyes widened, "Finn?"

Eris watched as the large man who then introduced himself as Bram introduced himself; he still seems a bit strange, though I guess all strangers are at some point. She thought to herself as she brought her hand up to her chin. Then she heard shouting up on the stage as the group of bards that were previously up there got off the stage. Pouting for a moment, she turned back to look at the group letting out a sigh. "Of course," she replied to the large man as she bowed her head slightly.

Just as she spoke, another group came up and started to play. When he offered the sausage, she looked down at the food and then back up at the large man. "Uh, I'm good, thanks though," she awkwardly smiled as she didn't really find it appetizing, then turned to the knight.

"No, at least I don't think so. I mean, she isn't the most popular god though you would normally see her symbol on gravestones or in graveyards," Eris explained as she saw his eyes looking her over. "Huh? N-no, I don't live around here," she chuckled nervously, looking everywhere but at the knight.

Clearing her throat, “Book of Icarus verse 16-20, For the church moves and is always around us. The faithful shall never want for protection, for I am the church and maker of holy ground. The foundation is my very soul." She recited the verse aloud before a new arrival bumped into Finn.

"What do you two know about each other? I mean I suppose it wouldn't be that uncommon for a festival of this size to run into people you knew. Though-" She paused for a moment before squinting her eyes. "Though that would mean you actually are from here!? You were just trying to flirt with me to try and get your way. I'm a priestess! A holy maiden!" She shouted as she had gotten the completely wrong idea wrapping her arms over her chest. By this point, some of the locals were starting to look in the direction of the group, and a few started to whisper to one another about the whole situation. A couple of them even shook their heads.

mentions: Palu Palu Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong

Finnegan
48cda61b45b26a076ba4778ab30a1ac6.jpg

"...Aria...?" Finn couldn't help but be shocked by the sudden appearance of the woman.. She.. Looked different. A good deal bit stronger, a capability that belied the fact she just bumped into him just now... Ah... To see someone come into her own, Appraisal told a great deal different form the last time he had seen her. They were neck and neck in grade even! Not bad! lats he saw her she called herself just a country girl, but now, capable in her own right.

Though, he had to see her in action before hand.

"Sorry Eris, but you happen to be a little wrong with that. I'm not from this town, of that i swear." he speaks normally, suddenly sobbered. He steps once up towards Aria, before holding out a hand. "But this young lady is an old friend of mine. Almost an age ago even in truth. back from the days we were fighting forest demons with one another, under that Linneus guy's command. She is a capable sort, and brave beyond beyond simply called courageous." he held out a hand towards the woman who was currently flat on her rump.

"It's good to see you again after so much time, you've grown quite abit I can see." his smile was warm and sweet, the welcome of an old friend returning to him. "Hope that nobleman isn't driving you threadbare, they do have a tendency to do that to good workers." he seemed to not worry about the onlookers around, nor really the accusations of Eris.

Untitled310_20220821224525-2.PNGArias eyes were pulled towards Eris who seemed a bit indignant about something relating to Finn. But before she could clear up any misunderstandings the knight spoke for himself, blinking at his well spoken explanation.

Aria smiled, she was immensly happy to have run into the knight on an occasion like this of all others.

She looked up at the knight before he extended his hand to help her up which she took and stood. “It’s certainly been ages Finn..” she said quickly dusting off her outfit, “..last i remember you left Highgrove, singing a most peculiar song.” She chuckled, “I wont embarass you further though, its so good to see you!”

When Finn commented about her growth she nodded. “It’s been a trying time indeed, but i’ve learned so much.” Then about Linneus, “No, no not at all..” she said reassuringly, “..he’s doing his best for his people, i’m just happy he isn’t one of those greedy noble types who overly tax their counties to fund their sons or daughters wedding.” Aria shook her head disapprovingly. "Anyway, why are you at this festival? Interested in learning a bit about Ryken history?"

Turning to Eris, she nudged Finn with her elbow, noticing the little commotion had drawn a bit of attention “Are you kidding? He wouldn’t do that to you, this man here is as genuine and respectable as they come.” Aria then extended her hand, this was a festival to celebrate camaraderie among warriors and fighters of old. Least she could do is honor them by keepings good bonds with others. "The names Aria, Aria Barlowe of Highgrove village, pleased to make your acquaintance, priestess. And my apologies for any misunderstanding."

Bram Stoker

Given the young knight’s cheerful and easygoing demeanor, Bram did not feel the need to worry about him. The priestess on the other hand appeared less trusting, but Bram couldn’t blame her. If their roles were reversed, he would probably do the same. However, her transitioning from an awkward stare to an awkward smile was a better outcome than Bram had expected; that was good enough for him. The fact that his gesture was not accepted just meant that there was going to be more blood sausages for him.

As the conversation between their group continued, a fourth individual joined in. Apparently, a female acquaintance of Finn. The immediate response from Eris surprised Bram as he was not too keen on such things. “Flirting? Oh my. How unbecoming of a knight.” He thought to himself as he scarfed down another sausage, eagerly watching to see how things would unfold. “Aria. I see.” Bram took a mental note as if watching a show with a newly introduced character. Though brief, the series of exchanges that took place resulted into a clarification of some sorts. “It appeared the priestess simply misunderstood?” Bram pondered as he took a sip of his spiced deep-red beverage.

With his impatience getting the best of him, Bram slowly made his way beside Eris, mimicking Aria’s proximity to Finn. Given their difference in stature, the large man crouched down, as low as he could, and whispered to the priestess, hoping to prompt a response out of her.

“Priestess, I believe Finn’s intentions were genuine. He was definitely flirting with you. And the girl, Aria, appears to be nothing more than an old friend. How will you respond?” Despite Bram’s beady eyes, a glimmer of curiosity sparkled from them as he awaited for Eris to speak.

Mentions: saxon saxon Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong

Eris looked at the knight as she still had her arms wrapped around her chest and then back at the new arrival as the knight said it was a misunderstanding on her part. She squinted her eyes for a moment as the new arrival was called Aria. After a moment, she sighed as she dropped her arms to her side.

"Fine, maybe I jumped to the wrong conclusions. But I'm a visitor here just like you; in fact, I'm from the other side of the country, nowhere near here," Eris explained as she turned her attention to the woman dressed in Green who seemed to be able to handle herself in almost any situation. She was about to respond to the woman when the rather large man maneuvered around her and then whispered in her ear, which caused her to jump and let out a small shriek.

Turning to face the rather large man who had just whispered into her ear.
"What do you mean, obviously, the three of us know he was flirting. Secondly, I misinterpreted what he meant and what I took it as, so what is there to say?" She inquired as she thought the large man was a bit strange. "Besides, I came to experience the festival," she concluded before several large explosions went off in the sky.

The sound of objects flying through the air exploding in the night's sky in bright colors of blue, yellow, red, purple, and various other colors. Causing many people to stop and look up at the sky. "They are shooting off fireworks? Well, I didn't see that coming, I suppose," Eris spoke as she was in awe of the show, it had been decades since she last saw fire works. She didn't even know this world had them in the first place.

A few people whispered about how strange folks in pointy hats and long beards had been coming into town a few days before the festival had begun. However, this wasn't uncommon as many of these pointy-hatted fellows with long beards would often sell wares as they traveled. Sometimes they would offer their services to provide entertainment.

Finn
54ab08e1168ca6bd5fe31d0783c67cbd.jpg
"Now now you can't blame a fellow for saying someone is beautiful. Besides, I am not a knight, but an adventurer. Knight Errant is a term for an unlorded knight after all.. And I'm only a knight due to my late father who i was a squire to..." he apused a moment and lets out a breath... then quickly downs the rest of his mug that he was holding in his other hand. "Fuwa! thats good. Right. if any of us is a knight it's Aria here, and seems.. She found a good one lord... Rare enough as is to find these days.

Perhaps i'll need to give the man a benefit of the doubt... It was a trying time back when we spoke, and several days of siege can weaken any man's demeanor." he cracked his neck, rubbing it for a second. "I came for the reason I am a errant knight... Memory of my father. He's long gone, but... a tradition is as it is. And I had a brief moment where my work let me be. Best I make the most of it." the man added, putting his emptied mug on a nearby counter.

"Right, fireworks then? Hadn't heard too much of those, do they mess with the bonfire with magics? Seen pyromancy a few times, surely this should be a treat."

Untitled310_20220821224525-2.PNG
Aria stood there with her hand extended for a greeting, but it seemed to go on ignored.

When Eris squinted at Aria, Aria squinted in return, matching her gaze. This was her first time meeting someone of her profession. She seemed quite dutiful and conservative which was quite intriguing as Aria held in high respect those with infallible determination to their ideals or goals. Her gaze quickly softened however when she began to speak, however. Her gaze went back and forth from Finn to Eris. Whatever was happening between them seemed complex and out of Arias scope of understanding.

Aria couldn’t help but turn red when Finn mentioned she was more than courageous. Looking down and twirling her fingers. "I.. I don't know what to say." Although she had done a few things of note she always seemed to feel like she still had yet to prove herself further.

Aria tilted her head a bit when the larger man came to Eris and appeared to whisper something in her ear. Was something amiss? She wondered silently.

Then when she shrieked a bit, flinched. “Hmm!?” Then a sudden chuckle would escape her as as she covered her mouth. Once more tapping her elbow at Finn. “You’re flirting with this lady? Now things make much more sense.” She said teasingly. “That’s kind of cute. Although, i'm absolutely terrible at flirting.” She admitted. Then addressing the priestess she continued. “I can see where the both of you would make a lovely pair.” Turning to the Preistess, “..with all due respect, Priestess, from what I know about followers of an order is that they take some very disciplined vows.” Aria then put a hand on Finns armored shoulder. “Perhaps she might not be the one.” She said, closing her eyes solemnly.

“Well, for what it’s worth this is quite the setting for a date. Fireworks and all.” She said as the sky lit up with fiery colors. Looking up briefly her gaze returned to the ‘knight errant’ Finn who explained his title. “Oh.. well, I suppose I never knew that about you. I usually assumed by your stoic personality and armor.”

When Aria met Brams gaze she tilted her head a bit, he appeared to eat quite a bit, which would explain his stature. Of course.
“Well met! I dont believe I caught your name.” Extending her hand, maybe this one would be a bit friendlier.

After some time, it occurred to Aria to ask, “So what’s the purpose of this festival exactly? It’s my first time here, is it merely a giant party to honor the fallen warriors of the Great War?”

As Finn spoke, Eris was too engulfed in the fireworks, though it wasn't meant to be rude. But she hadn't seen fireworks in a lifetime, literally. She was in awe that they even had the technology or knowledge on how to make it work, though sometimes a bath was hard to come by, to say at the least. "Uh, from what I heard about the festival, the bonfire is lit by a torch that is run throughout the village by the guards for the whole day leading up to the bonfire. At which point, any who are still alive from the battle that happened nearby or have fought in other conflicts are given the honor of lighting the bonfire as a tribute," Eris spoke as she turned to look at Finn for a moment before glancing back up at the sky.

When Aria chuckled Eris turned to look at the woman in green, she even had to admit that the woman was pretty. She was surprised more strangers weren't following her though she figured there might be a reason for that. But that didn't really matter to her at the moment. When Aria started to speak again, she took her attention off the fireworks as she did so. She folded her arms across her chest and nodded her head until she mentioned the pairing part. "Wait what!?" Eris responded as she stopped in her tracks as she processed what she had just heard.

Her eyes darted around as she awkwardly chuckled, "Oh come on, don't joke that like that, hahahaha," She replied, waving her hand like it was all a joke. When the vows were mentioned, "Well actually, with my Goddess, the clergy are allowed to marry, in fact, its one of the most important life events in our religion. At the ceremony, there is a vow that each of the parties gives to one another," Eris explained as she offered her hand towards Fin as she was going to show rather than explain it. "If you would be so kind as to let me demonstrate," Eris stated, waiting to see if he would let her show rather than tell.

"Once both parties lock hands, the clergy doing the ceremony will give both parties a lantern to hold, which is the symbol of Holfeel at which point a cloth is placed over the hands. Symbolizing the eternal bond even if one dies before the other, Holfeel will reunite the two in the next cycle. Then one party starts the vow, 'Upon this day I accept that my soul will be bound to said person's name, that we will be reunited in the next life. That even if it takes 1000 years or 1000 more, we will find a path back to one another." Eris paused for a moment as she cleared her throat.

"At which point the cloth is removed and the lantern is then lit once both parties state the vow. The clergy then recites this, 'Book of the Begining Verse 1-8, Those joined by body and soul shall never know the sorrow of loneliness, nor shall they be without one another. For the cycle will continue and will fear not for you shall find one another in the next cycle for that my children, I promise you." Eris stated as she would then let go of his hand if he had grabbed her. "Then the ceremony is complete, in fact the ceremony is so sacred that you must be a high priest/priestess or higher to conduct it," she explained as there was the sound of a single bell as it tolled three times.

Turning back to Aria as she asked the question, "The Festival was originally held by the survivors of this village after the war ended as a way to remember those that died in the battle nearby. Though over the years it was expanded to other conflicts and the general lose of a loved one. The bonfire will be lit and whoever lights it often gives a speech and there is a small ceremony before he throws the torch on the bonfire. They say its a way to guide souls that died before their time back to their loved ones," Eris concluded.

Finn
c1515931ca8f6a66219575356ead301f.png

Finn listened with first confusion, then interest, then started to get a catty smirk across his face, she seemed to know all this very well, he wondered for a moment if she had done something.

Having hos hand returned to him, he gave a long weary shrug. "Whelp, guess I got married all the sudden. So very forward I dare day she is but its cute in it's own way right Aria?" He gave the fellow swordsman a wink. "How very forward, I dare say we've only met a few minutes ago, trying to bind our souls together in the next life under such beautiful fireworks and the tolling of bells used in weddings as well as this event? I dare say it was planned!

My my my, so very forward of her." His teasing looked like he was more like a cat who caught a mouse by the tail more than a stoic knight. "I'm afraid I must decline her offer for now, goodness, to think someone would desire my hand in marriage so! I'm just a simple homely man of no true import... And wretchedly poor at that.." he add that last part with abit of distain towards having so very little in terms of true fiscal freedom.

"And infront of Bram and Aria, my my, her audacity knows no bounds..." he chimed off the last part looking quite pleased with his teasing.

Kirito Strife
Kirito was not welcomed into the world by a perilous excursion or a grand adventure. Fortunately, he found himself in the middle of a celebration. His travels had brought him to the village of Hyroth, the venue for the Velstar Festival. Admittedly, Kirito had little knowledge of the history behind the festivities, but heard enough to know that it was an event that honored the lives of those who sacrifices their all in the war that occurred decades ago. It was in no way a day of mourning and bereavement, but a celebration of a well lived life. Swept up by the waves of merriment and joyous cheer, Kirito found himself somewhat inebriated, each of his hand lugging around over a pint of ale.

Flushed and unsteady, Kirito staggered his way forward, doing his best to keep his beverages from spilling. Though biting his lower lip, Kirito's focus was not as unwavering as he would like. In the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of the torchbearer, momentarily distracting him.

His pudgy frame collided with what felt like an iron wall. Kirito fell backwards, landing on his behind, and unfortunately, spilling his ale. One pint drenched his clothes, while the other was poured over a blonde-haired man. The incident quickly sobered Kirito up as his eyes widened.

"My apologies!" His hearty voice bellowed as he rushed to get back to his feet. "Just an accident by a...fool." The remorse that emanated from his words slowly shifted into surprise; the good kind. As Kirito tried his best to wipe off the ale from the young man, he couldn't help but appreciate how handsome he was. "I-I do hope you could forgive me." It wasn't everyday Kirito met someone who was husbando-tier.

Summary: Spilled drinks over Finn - Orikanyo Orikanyo

Last edited:

The smile from Eris' face quickly left as she heard Fin start to tease her. "W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-What? This doesn't mean anything!" She replied, drawing her hands back and folding her arms across her chest. "I was just explaining the ceremony not conducting it as there is no lantern and cloth, plus I am a priestess I cannot conduct such a ceremony as I do not have a high enough position currently," She explained, stumbling over some words at this point her mind had been fried and her face was turning red as she turned around to face the opposite direction of Finn she heard some cups hit the ground behind her.

Turning around, she saw a man on the ground covered in ale who seemed to be apologizing for spilling his drink, though a smirk appeared on Eris' face as she giggled and tried to quickly regain her composure. "Oh I didn't mean for that to come out," she chuckled shaking her head and trying to hold it in.

Then another toll of the bell was heard as a guard with a torch was running through the city, "Everyone make your way to the bonfire the lighting ceremony will begin shortly!" The guard informed everyone as people started to make their way out of the area and toward the outskirts of the village.

"Oh it's time already huh, well are we all going to go?" Eris inquired as she looked around at the group before starting to move that way herself; wither the others would follow or not was up to them. But this was the part she had come to see, the lighting of the bonfire.

At the site of the bonfire a huge pile off wood was erected and stacked neatly some table with drinks were set up as people were handed the cups of ale once everyone had been assembled, a man got up on the stage. "Welcome everyone to the Velstar Festival, we this festival has been held for the last 45 years and it has become a widely renowned festival. It started as a was to remember those that were lost to the war fifty years ago before peace came, though it has evolved into remembering all those we lost regardless of the time. So I ask that you raise up your cup, to the fallen, may their name never be forgotten and to our lost loved ones, may this light lead you all home!"

The man then took a drink from his cup as the others in the crowd repeated after him and down their drinks as well. "Now enjoy this light of the fire and the final event of the festival," The man concluded as he pointed to a group of bard who then came up to the stage and started to play their instruments. People started to dance as a torch was thrown onto the fire and slowly started to ignite. The flames didn't take too long before the bonfire light up the night.

"Wow," Eris remarked as she watched the flames roar to life and turned to look at the bard playing as those around her started to dance.

mentions:

mentions: Palu Palu Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong Stryg Stryg

7C0602F0-5EDD-48E5-AE28-AEF2BA059B3C.png

She looked on as the priestess continued about the formalities of the event. Admittedly, she was impressed by her knowledge on the matter. “Oh..” she started, as she crossed her arms, intrigued by her explanation of the sequence of the ceremony. “..it must be quite the honor, as a warrior to herald a festival dedicated to such great heroes.” A sudden determined look illuminated across her face, “I aspire to someday have such an honor.”

Aria raised an eyebrow with a soft smirk teasingly when Eris chuckled, but then the bit about the vows took her a bit off guard. “Really? Clergy can marry?” She exclaimed softly. “Well, I’m sure it’s quite nice to have that freedom. Compared to other, let’s say, more conservative beliefs.”
When the priestess would offer her hand at Finn, Aria would resist a smile, as she placed a hand over her mouth as if in deep observation nodding along to her descriptions of how people were wed in her tradition. At some point her indifference would soften however, as her vivid descriptions inspired a desire. “Hmm, I must admit, I’d love to be married like that..” she chuckled a bit, a light blush coming over her cheeks. “..I have much to accomplish before I give myself away to a partner however.”

She’d then look at Finn, who was very obviously enjoying himself, and for good reason. Knowing your possible date and maybe future partner could actually marry certainly seemed like good news.

“Yes, I must admit this one is quite bold..” she agreed with a teasing smile then winked at Eris, “..although it might seem planned Finn, I think it might just be fates doing, it’s even provided me to get here right on time to be your witness. Congratulations, you two, it was certainly meant to be!” She then pretended to throw confetti, before bursting out into a chuckle.

Shortly after collecting herself, Aria continued, nodding at Finns comment, “Yes, Eris is quite the adorable one..” then turning to Eris she shook her head, “..No, but seriously, thank you for sharing Eris. However, I assume these wedding rites are only for those converted to your faith?”

Surely, Aria had never thought of religions or to follow any kind of spiritual discipline. In Highgrove one only believed in the success that allowed you to get to the end of the day with an few extra coppers. Although most declared their conversion to various faiths, most didn’t have the means to donate, or the time to attend days of gathering. With the exception of the more widely known festive holidays.

Aria would then notice a few devious stares in her direction, but nothing to really be alarmed about. At least for now. Considering this was a gathering of warriors it was only proper that many of these brigands would take interest on the fair looking ladies in the company.

It seemed like the festival had reached its climax, and well, people were having quite a bit of liquid courage.

“Seems like we might have to find higher ground..” then she turned to face Bram and Finn, “..unless you two fancy yourselves a festival brawl?” She smiled, innocently.

Aria gazed on as the sky illuminated with the final flurry of fireworks, before reaching its rightful end. Letting out a dee sigh. “Wow! That was incredible!”

—-

Then, a bell was rung and a fire bearing guard was seen running announcing the ceremony’s beginning. Turning to Finn, she’d nod. “Right on time.” She said, as she started after the priestess, she’d do her best to not lose any of them in the crowd, but she managed well enough. She blinked, a bit confused at how quickly everything escalated. Taking a mug of ale, taking a large gulp, before the crowd exploded into dance. “Ah!! No one said anything about dancing!!” She exclaimed. But then attempted to copy others in the crowd, a bit awkwardly however.

Last edited:
Kirito Strife
Though taken aback by Finn's features, Kirito couldn't just ignore the giggle of a young woman. Looking over the blonde man, he found another beauty. Kirito blushed further as his jaw slightly dropped. Fair skin with ash-white hair, she was as pure and demure as they came.

"An S-tier waifu." He mumbled to himself as he bit his lower lip. Unable to immediately act, Kirito trailed behind Eris as she made her way towards the outskirts of the village, completely paying little to no attention to the rest of the group she was with.

With the crowd growing larger and the festivities about to reach its climax, the distance between Eris and Kirito gradually grew larger. "My goddess..." He whispered, his arm outstretched in a dramatic fashion as he had no choice but to be swept up by the waves of bystanders and civilians.

While the festival ceremony was underway, Kirito kept his focus and scoured the crowd in search for Eris. "I. MUST. FIND HER." Like a mantra, he chanted under his breath. Incredibly creepy, but dedicated. One white-haired female after another, Kirito bothered them one by one before he eventually found his goddess. Combing back his hair, the ale that had dried up on his hands served as some sort of styling substance. It hardly did the trick, but it helped a bit.

Puffing out his chest and raising his chin, he confidently approached the priestess. Blocking her view of the fiery display that was taking place, Kirito made his presence known. "Oh, I didn't see you there." He was obviously lying. "Lovely evening, don't you agree." With an eyebrow raised, Kirito attempted to look as smoldering as he could.

"Oh, where are my manners?" He bowed his head. "My name is Kirito Strife, but you may call me whatever you like." He giggled before flashing her what he thought to be a killer smile. "May I ask for the beautiful lady's name, perhaps?"

Summary: Someone save Eris from this creep.

Last edited:
Finnegan
09a8fa3e9f5c6d63259e9748064cdaeb.jpg

"..Ah..?' he felt wet all the sudden... Ah... Seems somebody spilled their drink on him.Normally thats grounds for at least one or two punches when one is drunk but he was.... Admittably.. nearby some soft hearted folk, and from the look of the man he'd probably die on impact. Not that he was a barbarian or nothing it was tradition to start a brawl if somebody did something stupid in a pub.

Sure he had to hold back alot but... Ah.. Well.. off he went.

He'd follow along with the others, and in truth he dare say the scene before him was quite magical indeed!

The fire was a big one to be certain, he hadn't seen one this big for awhile. The party naturally began to bussle hard once the flames roared on high, but Finn couldn't help but feel that twinge inside... Like... A small.. pain in the back of his heart... Like there was a greater meaning behind this sudden state of emotional... Pain... that he couldn't identify... He tried search around, figuring out what it was that was driving it so..?

No.. Aria was having fun, drinking and doing a little jig, sweet as she is.

Eris was... talking..? With the guy from before.

Where was that Bram fellow..? he was big practically hard to miss...

Why... Did the fire entrance him so... What brought upon this state... Something... about... The fire brought this strange feeling of... greif... But... Justice...? Like it was deserved... Without noticing.. he had gotten closer to the flame, the party in such an uproar not many would really notice his movements. But he didn't stop at a truly safe distance... His eyes staring into the fire like they were whispering truths between the crackles and splinters. the tongues of flame lashing out and grasping at any hold they can gain within the night air.

He didn't quite even notice, when he hand started to reach out to the flame, armor coated, and ale soaked hand reaching towards the inferno.

The entrancement only ceased when his armored hand caught quickly aflame, he winced and leapt back, a few in the crowd laughing at the display of "drunken" foolishness as the knight whiped his gauntlet off and snuffed out the burning with a swiftly applied foot into the dewy night grass.

"tsk..." he grumbled, swiping back up the gauntlet. "Thats one thing to sobber yourself up..." he approached Aria of the group, and smirked. "Not much of a dancer? here I'll give you a show, tell yea the secret first, neither am I!"

Eris looked back over her shoulder, "Uh, well, I mean I suppose, though it's not uncommon for people to have a ceremony for both if they don't share the same faith." There wasn't a whole lot of time before turning her attention back to the fire as it was suddenly blocked by a somewhat familiar face. If you could say that as her view of the fire was blocked. Taking a step back she saw as he tried to smolder.

Eris awkwardly smiled back,
"haha, yeah I guess so," Eris replied as she started to take a steps back as she found him to be a bit creepy. I mean what normal person would just appear like that usually, if they were like oh didn't see you there it was because they bumped into you. When he introduced himself her expression only became more concerned as her eyes darted around trying to find an excuse.

"I should really go find my friends, we were supposed to be leaving soon," Eris excused herself as she turned around and darted through the crowd weaving her way, looking around for any familiar face not entirely sure if she was being followed through the crowd or not. In her rush, she wasn't paying too much attention as she ran into Fin as her face smacked into the armor.

She bounced back and rubbed her nose.
"Oh sorry, I was in too much of a rush-" Before she could finish she recognized the face as she quickly glanced back over her shoulder to see if she was followed and tried to shuffle behind him.

mentions:
mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong Stryg Stryg

665c107753c27ec6316971abce2a5ef77b452f49r1-898-1064v2_00.jpg

Aria was quickly starting to enjoy herself, perhaps it was the drinks or the overall joyous atmosphere. She caught on quite swiftly with the dance moves and rhythmns and quickly started to improvise and make the movements her own. Adding a bit of a feminine flair to their step. “HA! i didnt think dancing would be so much fun!” She said as Finn joined her, her feet seemed to have a mind of their own at this point to which a combination of overestimating and a tipsy mind tripped and fell forward catching herself on Finn. “Woops!” she laughed loudly, before collecting herself and spinning in place.

Aria would continue channeling this inner dancer that suddenly appeared to take over her body. “Hey! where did your date go?” She asked Finn teasingly. But right after asking, Eris bumped into Finn. “AH!! There she is!” She laughed, and happily took Eris hand. “Dancing is so fun! Here try it with me!” Taking the preistess’s hand she continued where she left off, tapping her feet and moving her body the the rhythmn of the atmosphere. Aria would reach for her mug, then crash mugs with another nearby. “To the fallen comrades whom we honor this day!” then proceeded take another big gulp, shivering lightly at the bitterness of the ale. “Oof! Good stuff! Here you try it Eris!” She said offering the mug at the nervous Preistess.

Finn
48cda61b45b26a076ba4778ab30a1ac6.jpg

"Hahaha! Somebody's having fun now!" the young man couldn't help but join in Aria's excitement, as he expected, she was quick to pick up the moves and ready to go! But he couldn't help but also notice... Just how many were bumping into him today. Counting Eris, right now, that was four! Well, at least whatever happened to Eris is now being drowned by an ever increasingly drunk aria.

but she yet remained behind him... odd...

He took a moment to consider instead the lovely fire, the world around and the night sky...

"...Eris didn't you say something about fireworks? Were they suppoused to happen soon?" the knight asked the priestess, looking more or less sober now and just quite interested in the forementioned novelties. "Surely, the nights began so i'd imagine they'd be done soon. Do you know where they7 will be?" he asked, uncetrain how one really... sues fireworks. he hopes it didn't set anything on fire that people cared about.

Or maybe it was a thing tied to her goddess?

Eris looked around for a few moments to see if she was followed or not. After not seeing that guy from before she let out a sigh as Aria offered her a drink. "No, I'm fine, I don't really drink. Besides, having a drink is the last thing I would want to do right now," Eris stated as she did another glance around the crowd to look for that familiar face that she had just moved away from. That was the first time she had felt like she had been stalked.

When Finn mentioned the fireworks, she turned to look at him, she pointed up to the sky as the fireworks that had paused during the ceremony started up again. "They have been going for a while I do apologize for bumping into you sir knight," she apologized as she took a few steps back and gave a slight bow. "However, I had to escape from that guy who bumped into you earlier and split the ale all over you. He appeared suddenly and started to try and flirt and I mean really tried to flirt but it came off as creepy." Eris explained as she let out another sigh.

Aftermath
Another year had come and gone with the festival, many people continued to dance and drink until the sun came up and others simply passed out near the fire. By the morning, there was a field of bodies of the people who couldn't hold their drinks sleeping by the ashes. While the festival continues to grow as to does the village of Hyroth. With the festival over the many merchants that were staying in the Inns started to leave to head to their next town or to return home to their stores.

mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong Stryg Stryg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back