• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Finn
76860d019770cbf0abe537d8e4197615.jpg

Panting, reeling, Finn stood in triumph as the shadow being was beaten.. Only for it to be eaten by a big maw of a beast that came from nowhere! Where did it come from? Was it always there? He hadn't taken much look around but now he had to regard the beast... it's gait, it's immense size it's strength was great that he could see.. And the fact it ate the shadow could only mean so many things... The.. Arm was left behind... To which Finn was unsure what to do with...

The man stood still for a moment.. taking it all in... and... really.. the first thing he could really say, when he was taking in the whole of this creature was...

"And I have never seen something as beautiful as you." he said, not really thinking, actually he was thinking, alot, alot about how he wanted to pet and cuddle this big fluffy creature. To cuddle and pet those big point ears and rub his hands in it's fur. Sure it ate the shadow being but goodness he would love nothing more than to bury his face into that fluffy cloud and give it lots of love!

1691685220801.png
Somewhere in the Wilds of the Sea
Night
The pale beasts grin grew wider, revealing rows of jagged razor sharp fangs, and all three of its eyes went wide before it began to emit a low pleasant laugh. "Beautiful?! I have been called many things by those that come here. Demon, monster, beast, but never has anyone called me beautiful!" It lets out another laugh and leans its face down to Finn, the fact that it could snap him up like it did the shadowy being painfully obvious at this distance. "You are an entertaining one... Do I not frighten you?" Its nose wrinkles near Finn as if it's sniffing him. "You are a Human, as are most I meet here. Do you not hate those different than yourself, like the rest of your kind seem too?"

Finn
1604.jpg

"Why would I hate those dofferent from me? Those are the parts I love best." The man answered without hesitation, all but glowing from his pure simple love. "People can be cruel, people can seem like they want to hurt you. But I feel if given a chance and a welcome hand, theres no reason to turn away possible friends." His smile was as radiant as the shining sunrise, not a deceitful bone in his body.

"You did snap up that dark thing, and left naught but that glowing arm left..." he looked over to it with a shrug. "But since it was not exactly the most friendly thing it's certainly forgiveable.

A suprise even, your immaculately fluffy self is a sight to behold. And what beautiful eyes, you certainly look like a fox, but I wonder who you are." He paused for a moment before perking up.

"My name is Finn, knight errant." Said the man who was very much not clothed as the picture above might suggest.

1691822602118.png
Somewhere in the Wilds of the Sea
Night
The large pale entity let out a deep sigh and it's massive tail swept from side to side. "You are unlike the other Humans I have met here. Most of them were afraid of me, or hated me. They said many cruel things about everything that was not a Human like them." It laughs once more it's deep pleasant chuckle. "That dark thing... A manifestation of your curse... You were cursed weren't you? They don't taste good, but the power they contain is well worth it. Oh, yes, the arm. Won't you give me a hand and hold it out for me? My snout would prevent me from picking such a miniscule thing up with my teeth." It smiles wider revealing it's teeth once more. The being maintains it's grin as it stares down its nose at Finn. "A fox, you say? Are they Beautiful? Others called me 'Demon", 'Monster', 'Beast', though I don't know if any of those are correct. I think I was called... Sa' Roka... but I don't remember if that was my name or what I am." It laid in the pool so it was on Finns level. "It is a pleasure to meet you Finn Nightarent. I am glad I did not have to devour you. I am enjoying our chat."

Finn
76860d019770cbf0abe537d8e4197615.jpg

"And you are immensely fluffy! With a big ol tail like a fox. Such beautiful white fur makes me want to run my hands through it. And what cute pointed ears, hot tall they stand! Very cute!" Finn continued to pile on the complements to Sa'Roka the immensely fluffy. He took a moment to look at the arm before taking it in... uhh... hand...?

He was going to feed the shadow things glowing hand to the big fox wasn't he?

Most certainly!

It needed a hand and its rare they day you can offer an extra one you have laying around. Even if its abit gruesome. He wont get used to this but whatever it was, the shadow probably wont mind. The holy energy might even be healthy for the fox?

Okay time to... uhh...

"Up up!" He clicked his tongue and threw the arm upwards for her to catch.

"I do hope we can meet again soon, I doubt I'll have much more time here. Mimi and Shalys are waiting for me."

1691905988998.png
Somewhere in the Wilds of the See
Night
Sa'Roka chuckled as Finn continued to compliment it, it's grin seeming to grow endlessly, though whether that was an effect of the place in which Finn found himself or a feature of the pale being itself was unknown. As Finn tossed the arm into the air, Sa'Roka tilted it's head skyward and spread its maw wide, its jaws nearly becoming a straight line before they snapped shut against the shadowy arm. Its long tongue moved from one side of it's face to the other across its lips. "Thank you, Finn. Yes, you should be leaving soon. Win or lose, triumph or succumb, no one stays here long. I shall miss you, you are one of the most entertaining creatures I have met here. Though it is unlikely, perhaps one day we shall me-" There is a blinding flash and Finn is suddenly awake, laying on his back in the spring as Mimi holds him afloat, an immense pain in his arm, though no physical damage is present. The signs of the curse are gone, with only scars left behind, a pattern of tears and cracks that spiral beautifully around his hand and forearm. Mimi hugs him tightly nearly choking him as she realizes he is awake and alright once more.

1691911883067.png
Mid Night
As Finn, Mimi, and Shalys stepped out of the woods and back into the clearing, they would see Meranzen sitting alone at the large tables Finn had helped bring out earlier in the day. In addition to the furnishings that the they had helped with that afternoon, the clearing was decorated with lanterns and paper flags and streamers that hung from long lines cast between poles. Clearly much work and effort was spent after you left the clearing at sunset. He nods curtly at them as they enter. "Glad to you back. All of you. Will you join me for the celebration? The moon is nearly at it's peak and the rest of the guests are about to arrive." He gestures to the empty chairs along the table.

Finn

He awoke with a start, then was suddenly being drowned again by a little creature who was ever so happy to have him back. he had to force himself standing once more, holding one arm around the canid girl as he finally go9t breathing again! "PFFFFFFFFT!" he spat out water, coughing abit. "M-mimi let me breath you silly goose!" he scooped her up with one arm nonetheless. He thought about the being from before... The gigantic fluffy fox(?) that ate up that power... He wondered... How could he see that one again...? He should ask the old man...

But first...

Bringing close he gave Mimi a BIG ol squeeze before putting her down to put on some actual clothes again.

Once dressed. He'd give Mimi a piggyback ride back to the party, hoping this will help sooth those poor nerves of hers.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Glad you kept a spot open for me." the young knight smirked, putting down Mimi. He gave his neck a crack before looking around at the place. "Beautiful, all that work really came together in the end. Glad to see it, and glad to see my arm clean again." he held up the bare arm, that still had some wounds from the expulsion, but he seemed to be taking it well.

he would sit down.. but.. something came to mind again...

"Right, hey Old fellah, have you heard of a big fox named Ra'Soka? She lended me a hand in that pool."

Mimi
1692676499859.png
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo Norschtalen Norschtalen
Languages: Common | <Beastial>

Mimi laughs as Finn carries her through the forest on his back, reaching for acorns and fruits as they pass by and leaning back to hand them to Shalys. She grunts and cries out in surprise as a branch hidden in the darkness smacks her in the face, filling her mouth with leaves that she splits out. She clings tight to Finn happily, but pays more attention the rest of the trip. As they entered the clearing, she squirmed and fussed until she got free and ran over to the table, next to Shalys, reaching for a slice of meat, but pausing at Meranzen's glare, choosing instead to take a seat as her ears folded down. She smiled and perked back up at Finn's words. "It does look really nice! And the food looks amazing!" She stares straight at the meat, licking her lips slowly, until she hears Finn ask about Sa'Roka, her cheeks puffing out in annoyance. Why did he care about some big dumb fox? She had helped him in the pool, too!

1692681492577.png
Midnight
Meranzen rubs his chin at Finn's query, thinking long about the question. "Hmmmmmmm... No. No, I can't say that I have... A big fox, you say... I haven't seen anything like that around here, only the thing that stalks the woods, and the normal sized animals in the area. You say it helped you in the spring? Strange... You know, once, long ago, while I was taking a walk, I saw a group of Grave Elves doing something at that spring. Grave elves are reclusive and don't like other species, even other fae, so I kept my distance. Maybe they might know something, if you're willing to look. There camp is a bit south of here, I can set you on the path in the morning if you like, or I can point you to the nearest town. Either way i-" He stops talking as voices can suddenly be heard approaching. "Ah, that must be my guests arriving." He smiles as nine young, or younger, elves enter the clearing, greeting him warmly. They take an interest in the three strangers and find seeats along the tables, one of them moving Mimi's chair completely to sit next to Shalys, and a few eagerly engaging Finn in conversation. The moon, massive in the sky overhead, shines down beautifully and the company enjoys music, food, drink, and conversation long into the night. The atmosphere is one of fun and merriment for all, so much so that not even Mimi notices the presence of something large, silent, and scentless watching the celebration from just beyond the trees.

End: Midnight Cleanse

Results Screen
Narrator Recommendations

Finn:
- Optional Title: [Big Brother] - character shows tendencies to protect and uplift those smaller or weaker than themselves. Such beings see his presence as a comfort.
- Title: [Curse Marked] - this character has cleansed themselves of a curse, but will forever bear the scars. Those who deal with curses can identify such scars and their meaning.
- Narrator Bonus: Grade up in Magic - As the curse is broken, Finn feels his abilities become stronger, like removing training weights.

Shalys:
- Optional Title: [Problem Solver] - character has shown a knack for solving problems with critical thinking. Their ideas are likely to work, at least somewhat, in most situations.
- Narrator Bonus: Area Knowledge F [Meranzen's Clearing] - from her time in the area, Shalys has familiarized herself with the location and features of the woods surrounding Meranzen's clearing, allowing her to navigate to and within it.
- Narrator Bonus: Grade up in Intelligence - Shalys's efforts in critical thinking have sharpened her intellect.

Mimi:
- Optional Title: [Carnivore] - character enjoys the taste and smell of meat. They don't need a balanced meal like most, but their drive for meat may get them into trouble.

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade

Norschtalen Norschtalen Orikanyo Orikanyo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Nice little rp of chores and curse breaking. Feels odd that it went for 3 pages, but the layering of the mysteries and peoples associated with the pool and the area seem like worth while pursuits for the future. The Fae See definitely benefits from rp's like these the introduce magic, wonder, and mystery.

Aftermath:
N/A

Rewards:

Mimi - 85 (narrator bonus)
optional title acquired [Carnivore] - character enjoys the taste and smell of meat. They don't need a balanced meal like most, but their drive for meat may get them into trouble.

Finn - 38pts
optional title acquired [Curse Cleansed] -this character has cleansed themselves of a curse, but will forever bear the scars. Those who deal with curses can identify such scars and their meaning.
optional skill upgrade [Magic skill +1] - Character may purchase or upgrade magic skill 1 letter grade. acquisition may not ignore intelligence requirement. If taken, add 7pts to earned and spent on character sheet.

Shalys - 47pts
optional title acquired [Thinker] - character thinks more than the average. They are more likely to come up with ideas and solutions given the time to think in the face of needing answers.
optional stat upgrade [Intelligence +1] - Character may upgrade intelligence by 1 letter grade. Upgrade does not ignore tribulation requirements. If taken, add 7pts to earned and spent on character sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back