• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

StarPrincessVal

Princess of the Stars
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a Roleplay set in the Isekai Hell universe. It takes place in the western part of the See, in the ancient, overgrown wilds that make up most of the country. It will follow Finn, a heroic Human who was recently cursed, Mimi, an amnesiac Beastfolk Wolfgirl, and Shalys, the Elvish aspiring bounty hunter, as they search the See for a way to break Finn's curse. This is a closed RP. We are not taking on any more characters without my approval. Anyone who enjoys this RP and would like to learn more about the Isekai Hell universe is encouraged to follow the links. <3

1686888642925.png
Somewhere in the wilds of the See
The group had been travelling for three days since they left the small town on the border of The Duchy. The only information they had received from the healers in Aslan was that a rumor existed of cursed individuals finding a cure in the western part of the See. With a rough map and only a basic idea of where to search, they had headed into the wilds of the See.

The moon shone brightly through the thinner parts of the canopy, while the ground was carpeted in the soft glow of luminescent flowers and fungus. The night was cool, but far warmer than the temperatures of the Kingdom the group had experienced previously. Every so often the silence of the woods was interrupted by the cry of a bird, or the snap of a branch. An eerie calm presided over the woods as the group of travelers made their way deeper.

Mimi
short gray hair green eyes wolf girl fantasy adventure farmer young rain s-1111963665.png
Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo Norschtalen Norschtalen

Mimi splashed through the shallow water of the brook as the moon shone down on them from the break in the tree cover. She lifted her nose and sniffed again, turning from side to side. She changed her trajectory slightly and begin to push through the foliage once more, back under the trees. "It's this way! The smell is getting stronger!" Her tail wagged as she paused and looked behind her, ensuring the others were still following. Mimi had picked up the scent of smoke and cooking meat not too long ago, the development prompting the group to push on a little longer, instead of settling down for the evening. The smell continued to grow stronger, now slightly perceptible by everyone.

As she pushed through the brush, she made sure to try to tramp the thickest parts out of the way, picking stickers and burs off herself when she finished. With a final push through a particularly thick growth, she arrived in a clearing. She looked up ahead of her at an old cottage that seemed to blur the lines of unsettling and inviting. She waited for the others to catch up. "Finn! Shaly! Look! The smell is coming from there! Sh-should we see if anyone's home?" She turned back to face the building and cocked her head curiously, studying in the ethereal moonlight.

1686979204719.png

Finn
arthur-welcome.gif

Time to return... Would these people care or even remember him...? He failed that mission, but was rewarded anyways.. it felt... Unworthy, but he had accepted it nonetheless. That shield lay upon his back as usual, a smaller elven shield of orichalicum. Unbreakable by any means known. But... Largely he found no use for it. He was set in a certain way, but... it... Was... Not very helpful when his fighting style belonged to the sword.

His thoughts were broken by Mimi's sing song voice calling out, she was a joy to have around in truth, nothing could keep this girl down and each time he winced from the pulsing in his left arm he could practically see the poor thing wilt in empathy. She was pure and innocent, thats really all he could discribe her as. And it brought all his urges towards protecting that little sweetheart each time he saw those eyes plead. Though she did lightly use them for evil, especially when they passed that sweet cart, even if she didn't know it her lingering eyes on those tarts were...

Well he couldn't help himself but spoil the little thing really.

"I'm coming!" he calls up, joining the little canid woman in looking at the.... spooky house... Real spooky house...

"...I heard there were magicians in the See lands... But..." this kinda looked like the place you'd find a witch... Mimi was just following her nose.. and.. she had her luck... So.. maybe this would turn out okay?

"Alrighty, lets just... Walk on up and knock on the door? Hope we're not interrupting dinner." and if they were and said dinner was people he would blow the place to the sky. Easy. Surely at a glance he could be seen as a strong individual... So... Likely whoever was in there wouldn't cause trouble.

He would lead the pack moving forwards, seeking to knock on the door once they got there.

u,. b,
Shalys Dar’Miam "Hunter"

Interactions: Mimi, Finn​

Having helped the caravan folks reach safe harbor at the Spring Shrine, Shalys decided to accompany Mimi and Finn. Finn had taken on some sort of curse in their last battle, so Shalys felt obligated to come help him, less this curse make him weak in a crisis and bring him or Mimi harm. As the dog girl was a refreshing breath of positivity to that dour frozen wasteland, Shalys finds her day dull without her around.

Still it surprised Shalys that she would return to the lands of the See so soon. Granted, where they went was nowhere near where her home village was, but it still felt like her neck of the woods. What she was less familiar with was this lead Mimi had that would help Finn with his curse. Shalys didn't know much about magic or hexes, so she has no clue how valid this source is, but if there's any danger ahead then Shalys will at least be willing to fight it.

As the trio moved through the woods, Shalys made sure to stay in the shadows, looking for danger more than for a path forward. With Mimi nose leading them, Shalys can afford to focus less on where they're going and more on what's around them. And eventually Mimi lead the team to a cabin in the woods, illuminated by moonlight. Doesn't look like a witch's hut, but then again Shalys doesn't tend to hunt witches so she has no idea what such a hut would look like. It does smell like someone is home though, and cooking dinner.

"If we are going, we should bring gifts. As a courtesy. My mother taught me that when dealing with fey, the best way not to incur their wrath is to offer gifts of sweets or wine." Shalys did have some elven spirit in her wineskin, but it would barely be e ought to satisfy her, let alone whoever is host to this place. Maybe they'll like her lembas bread. Either way she followed Finn and Mimi, sticking to the shadows and watching out for anything foul.

1687282496461.png
Somewhere in the wilds of the See
Light was coming from somewhere within the house, a small glow emanating from deep within apparent through the many windows, though the porch and entry way themselves seemed to be dark. As Finn rapped on the door a few times, sounds of movement could be heard from beyond the barrier. A moment later, a light appeared just on the other side of the door. The sound of many heavy locks and bolts could be heard being undone before the door finally creaked open. A single eye peered at the group through the lightly ajar door, as the voice of someone older spoke. "Yes? What do you want?"

As the person took in the group there eyes stopped on Shalys, lingering in the nearby shadows, then the door opened wider, revealing the inhabitant. An elf, bearded and bent with age stands before them. He wears the clothes of crafts man and his hands show the signs of toiling away with tools and effort. "Well if you have an elf in your company you must not be too bad. Why are you knocking at my door after dark, though I have my suspicions..."

1687284725302.png

Mimi
short gray hair green eyes wolf girl fantasy adventure farmer young autumn s-2097271033.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>​

Mimi stood nervously on the porch, her ears twitching at every sound the forest could produce. As Fin knocked her focus turned to the sounds coming from inside. Something metal being dropped, wood upon wood, then footsteps leading down a flight of stairs. Then the light came, and the locks began to stir. Mimi jumped back as the door was opened, just behind Finn, but ready to move at any moment should something threaten her friends. As the figure spoke, Mimi loosened up a bit, stepping out from behind her armored companion. Feeling more at ease once the figure was revealed, Mimi spoke up. "I smelled the food and fire and wondered if you might offer us some and a place to stay for the night!" Her tail wagged enthusiastically and she had a wide smile on her face.

Finn
(Phone post no art :()

"Hmm, I can understand your apprehension sir, very sorry to bother you." Finn took to a more poliet than usual approach, given the fact he was a very old fellow. Though Mimi sort of made her play, something Finn learned after awhile of traveling with his increasingly talkative and loveily fluffy friend, that she had a mind for food. It came with the nose he imagined, most food must smell pretty good, he remembers a fre times he got the eyes as he ate near her...

Subsequently giving some of his meal to her because he was weak to the Mimi eyes.

"I appologise if it seems forward, we've been travelling for some time is all... At the behest of myself they've been pushing, even if i've told Miss Mimi here I'm fine..." he showed his left arm, wrapped in bandages as it is the lightest thing o allow him movement... and to not hurt the tender skin beneath... The arm had been pulsing with heat and pain now and again, he kept any spreading corruption under controll... But he couldn't purge it. Not without it spreading further... "I can provide recompense, and can stay outside if you've worry." Finn offers to stay out, if the old... Elf who Finn just realized must be VERY OLD INDEED didn't feel like he should be allowed in.

Shalys Dar’Miam "Hunter"

Interactions: Finn, Mimi, Old Elf​

Shalys stayed hidden for the most part, up until the group got to the door. She debated staying hidden, but they were coming as guests, not thieves. So Shalys moved from the shadows to the back of the ground. She still remained distant for the most part, but at least wasn't skulking around anymore. What surprised her however was that the inhabitant was an elf, and not just an elf, but an ancient elf. At least by Shalys's standard. This man must've been centuries old at least. Her own parents were closer to 300 and her mother could easily be confused as a sister to anyone not familiar with elven ages. Even her father could barely grow a beard at his age, due to an elf's naturally slow aging also halting development of such things as hair. So for an elf to be this old, with this kind of mane, he must've been truly ancient. Thus Shalys knew to be on her best behavior and respect her elders.

As such, Shalys made sure to bow her head and keep her eyes down as she greeted the man, at least until he gave permission for her to rise. It was considered rude to stare, at least so her father taught her. "Good evening, sir. My name is Shalys Dar'Miam, from the village of Rosenthal. We are but humble travelers. We have come far, and respectfully ask to rest here for the night in your abode. I understand that our arrival is sudden, so I am willing to offer whatever aid or service for your hospitality." Shalys says in her native sylvan. It was a bit much she knows, but Shalys really didn't have much to offer the man that wasn't just food or supplies, which she's sure he has plenty of in his home. Maybe if he needs her to go gather some herbs or hunt a creature she can do that. She did notice that he seemed to be a craftsman, and while Shalys wasn't a skilled alchemist by any means, she could at least offer a tentative helping hand. "My parents have taught me the basics of alchemy. While I am not even qualified to be an expert, I know enough of alchemy to aid in any research or work you may have."

1687723771893.png
Old Cottage in the See
The old elf looked the trio over taking in what they had to say, before finally responding. He spoke to Shalys first, grunting haughtily. "No payment is necessary. I may be an old codger hiding out in the woods, but I would never turn away one of my own." He gestured to the other two without braking Eye contact from the bounty hunter. "So, I take it you vouch for these two then? Fine, you lot can stay. Shalys, was it? Dar'Miam? I'm not familiar with Rosenthal, but I've been out here a long time, but I knew some Dar'Miams a ways back. I wonder... There's a second bedroom in the back of the house. It's small and hasn't seen use in some time, it may be dusty, but you can stay there for the night." He turned to Finn. "You'll have to use the sitting room. There's a settee, but it may be too small for you to lay on. You got a bedroll, don't you? Adventuring types still carry those don't they? But your dog will have to stay outside. There's an old stables around the back of the house you can put it in for the night. Now about your arm. Let's see it then." He pulled on a pair of spectacles and reached down, gripping Finns arm in a surprisingly firm grasp for as old as he seemed, and began to examine it. "Ah, yeah, that's a real nasty one alright. Does it hurt? If it does, that's good, means you can still feel something. The worst curses numb you to their presence, physically, mentally, and emotionally. If it's bad enough, some folk don't make it back. But, yours seems still fairly manageable."

Last edited:
Mimi
short grey hair wolf girl green eyes fangs winter coat adventure fantasy annoyed s-1254199281.png
Languages: Common | <Beastial>
Mimi waited patiently and eagerly as the elf conversed with Shalys. He seemed friendly, if not a little grumpy, so it seemed like things would go their way. But when he talked to Finn, she realized how wrong she was. Her ears and tail drooped, and she frowned angrily at his comment about her sleeping in the stable. In had been awhile since someone had been mean to her. To be fair, most people ignored her on their trip through the Duchy to the See, but she preferred that to this. She considered baring her teeth and growling, but she didn't want to cause problems for the others, so she just resigned herself. "Fine! I'm used to sleeping outside anyways!" Maybe she'd still get some of that meat she smelled cooking...

Finn
334bd915619325973c771d16773d557e.jpg

Despite the fellows willingness to aid... Finn eyed the man with a look that spoke of distain for his words. "She is not my dog. She is a living, breathing, and thinking being such as yourself. The only one who owns her is herself." he makes a point, unwrapping his arm to show the stained flesh beneath... it was an unpleasant thing to look at, the skin was.. fine, but showed dark red along the veins as the skin was black as sin.

Finn winced suddenly, as his arm flexed. A fist lit with a golden glow before he smacked himself in the shoulder, sending light down the flesh to the precipice of the darkened flesh. the twitches ceased then, and he sighed.

"But I'll take a cat's paw at this point... have you thoughts on it? I've been searching for a healer who can break this curse."

Shalys Dar’Miam "Hunter"

Interactions: Finn, Mimi, Old Elf​

Sighing a breath of relief, Shalys was glad that the old man was willing to house them for the night. However when he remarks Mimi having to stay outside, as well as calling her a dog, Shalys stepped forward with calm anger. In a moment of anger she glares at the man, looking at him in the face instead of keeping her head down. "She is not a dog, she is my friend, Mimi." To emphasis the point Shalys grasps Mimi by the hand. Gently, but openly, so the old man will see that Shalys cares for the girl very much. "She will stay inside with me. I will prepare the guest bedroom." Shalys says knowingly making a backhanded remark about this man's lacking hospitality. Maybe not something he cares for, being a hermit in the woods, but her parents have taught her to care for such wordplay when dealing with elves and their tendency to have double meanings with everything they say.

But a bad attitude wasn't the only thing she was going to do. While the old man was dealing with Finn, Shalys walks into the cottage with Mimi in tow. After all she's already gotten permission to come inside anyways so she was just expediting the process, but she also wasn't going to wait, nor ask, for permission for Mimi to come inside. Plus she could tell the girl was hungry and Shalys could go for some food too, or at least have a chance to finish her day's rations. "Mimi, remind me again what we are looking for again? I'm not native to these parts of the See, so it would help if we could reexamine where we're at so we know where we should be going tomorrow morning. I do not wish to stay here longer than necessary."

1687799508444.png
Old Cabin in the See
The old Elf continued to examine Finn's arm silently as the he and Shalys spoke, but he did pause and scoff as the Elf girl dragged Mimi into the house. Once the pair was inside he spoke to Finn his voice calm and at a personal volume as he worked. "I'm not much of a friend of the Animals, or... What do they call themselves now days? Wassit? Beastfolk? Hmph... Not a friend of Humans either. Or constructs. And most Fae. When you live as long as I have, everyone lets you down eventually..." He released Finn's arm and looked up at the man, talking in his usual tone and volume. "Haughty group you lot. Fine, it... SHE can stay with the Elf, but if she breaks or takes anything, I'm holding you responsible. Now, your curse... Many have come seeking release from the dark afflicitons. I assumed you were the same, there's no other reason to be out in this part of the See. I can't do anything for you myself. I highly doubt any one exists that can. But you're not without hope." He steps down off the porch out into the clearing and beckons Finn to follow. "Not far from here is a spring that rests among ancient ruins. Most of the Anim- Beastfolk... and Humans think of us Fae as having always been in the See, but it was not so. Beings existed here before us and while we may have forgotten, the world remembers." A shrill howl sounds from somewhere far off, the night air carrying it's chilling shriek to the clearing. "If you enter this spring under the light of the full moon, you may be able to quiet your curse. But be warned, it will be an ordeal, taxing your body, mind, and spirit. If you survive, you'll come out the other side renewed. If you don't... the forest will keep you." He turned to face Finn. "In three days time, is the first full moon of the new lunar year. I'll have guests coming for a small gathering to celebrate the event. If you and the others help me set up, I'll let you stay here and keep you fed until the Full Moon."

Finnegan
09a8fa3e9f5c6d63259e9748064cdaeb.jpg

"...Understood. That seems like a fair enough trade." Finn gives a nod, even if he didn't like the man... He was being at least honest. "I'm not craftsman, but i've a strong body, even with a weakened arm." Finn cracked his neck and gave a stretch. "If the others agree of course. But I'm not going to force em. If you two want to go off to do something I'll be fine, see if I can catch up after this pool..." he scratched his chin, blinking lightly before noticing abit of stubble.. time to shave again...

"if you need of me, just call out my name, Finn, and I'll come running."

Mimi
small wolf girl big tail green eyes short dark grey hair fantasy adventure curio s-279105691.png
Languages Common | <Beastial>
Mimi's ears perked up at Finn and Shalys's words and her tail began to wag slowly. She was happy to have friends who would stick up for her. But she was taken by surprise as Shalys dragged her into the house, mildy panicking. "Wait! He said I had to stay outside! Is this okay?!" As they entered the sitting room, the smell of stronger, coming from a room nearby, most likely a kitchen. She started to lose herself to the scent for a moment, when Shalys asked her about their search. "I'm not exactly sure. When we asked about a way to stop Finn's curse in Aslan, they told us about a rumor that one could be found somewhere out here in the See. But that was all we got." As she spoke, she glanced around the room. It was a fairly nice dwelling with well made furnishings. Everything seemed well kept and cared for. A staircase nearby led up to a second floor that was open to the sitting room. Mimi considered sitting on one of the chairs or the settee, but was still conflicted on being inside right now.

Shalys Dar’Miam "Hunter"

Interactions: Mimi​

Shalys listened to Mimi as she heads to the guest bedroom. They didn't have much to go off on, but Shalys wasn't going to lose hope just yet. Just because they haven't found something yet doesn't mean they won't find something sooner than later. But for now they can rest. Shalys leads Mimi to the guest bedroom in the back. Sure enough, it was a bit dusty, and doesn't look like anyone has done much with it for a year at least. A couple of cobwebs in the corners and a few boxes of unknown stuff just laying around, so Shalys tried to clean the place up a bit by making more space, opening a window, and dusting the area off.

"The bed is a bit small Mimi, did you want to share or do you think you need more space to be comfortable?" Shalys was already preparing a spot for herself on the floor, putting her bag down and setting up an area for her to sleep. Shalys has always been a weird sleeper in that she has a hard time sleeping laying down, and always sleeps sitting, so leaning against the wall was the most comfortable way for her to sleep instead of laying in a bed. She would appreciate a pillow to sit on though, but of not she can just sit on her cloak. "I'm not sure if the old man is going to feed us tonight, but I still have some travel rations too. It's not anything as good as what's cooking, but I do have some fish and honeycomb."

1688055130462.png
Old Cabin in the See
"Alright then, It's a deal. It's late tonight, so we should turn in. We'll get started in the morning." He looked at Finn as if he wanted to add more, but simply hmphed and headed back inside. He hade his way to the back of the cottage and rapped lightly on the guest room door. He spoke loudly so Shalys could hear him through the barrier. "Your friend has agreed to stay for several days until he can seek to end his curse, in exchange for helping me with some chores and errands. The same offer is extended to you, should you want to take it. There's a bit of meat left over from a stew I made in the kitchen, you all are welcome to it. Just make sure you get the dogs for her, she's liable to take the whole thing. I'll leave you to think over the offer, and wake you at sunrise for an answer. Pleasant dreams." He heads back into the sitting room and up the stairs to turn in for the night.

Mimi
short gray hair green eyes wolf girl fantasy adventure farmer s-1555334345.png
Mimi looked around nervously, the overwhelming feeling of being somewhere she wasn't supposed to be weighing on her. But Shalys seemed to be calm, so Mimi tried to push the feeling aside. Mimi walked over and pushed on the matress of the bed, sending a small cloud of dust up into her face. She gagged and stepped back, before turning back to Shalys. "I think we can both fit. We're not very big like Finn is! If we pull off this top blanket it should be fine underneath." She gripped it and started tugging, when the old elf came to the door. She paused, listening, until he left, then looked at Shalys with a large smile, her tail wagging enthusiastically. "He said we could have some of the meat!"

Finn
129f6ff55fad064eef6ad84135315087.jpg

"...Hmm..." concerning... he hoped he wouldn't get worse over time with Mimi... Hmm... Well.. As long as she was happy, nobody should get in each others way... Hopefully... the blonde knight stepped forwards to doll out some stew, letting Mimi have the lion's share of the good stuff within... He'd take a moderate bowl, and sat at the table. "Well, had he pressed we likely all would have taken up the stable I feel." he smiled to himself, giving the broth a twirl... Ugh... Tomato...

No time to be picky Finn you need your strength....

But.. ugh... Tomatos were the worst... Why did they have to have such gooey insides and the little seeds... the taste was unpleasant to him aswell...

He could stomache any other veggie, but tomato... No... He silently put them aside in the bowl with a half askew glance as if the world was watching, he spooned a bit into his mouth, looking abit like he was chewing on a boot... And they infected everything with their taste....

...Damn you tomatos...

Shalys Dar’Miam "Hunter"

Shalys listens to the old man, slightly pouting. She still didn't like how he spoke to Mimi, but he was also going to help Finn... He must be one of those crusty old men that's common among humans, but is now one of the rare few elves who can claim such a title. Regardless he was going to help and he was willing to share his dinner with them, so Shalys needed to show some courtesy, even if he's lost in his own ways. Besides she did offer to help for room and board, and it would be even worse if she didn't follow up on her promise. The old man may be rude, but Shalys was not going to be some craven. She turns to see Mimi choke on some dust from the blanket, causing Shalys to cover her own mouth. "Alright, go ahead and meet up with Finn then. I'll just dust these sheets right quick and join you. It's been too long since I've gotten a chance to really relax, so I want to make sure we're both comfortable."

Doing a quick job of cleaning the blankets and pillows, Shalys would join Mimi for dinner. Now that she was in the kitchen she can identify the smell of veal, plus garlic and tomatoes. The man must've kept a garden. With Mimi taking a large share and Finn taking a modest bowl himself, Shalys will take only a bit, but supplement her meal with the rest of her trail rations. Sure it didn't taste as great as a home cooked meal, but Shalys didn't want to waste her food and plus this way gets their fair share. Though she did note Finn not liking the stew. Upon closer examination, she could see that it was the tomatoes he was having a hard time with. "Hey Finn, I'll trade you your tomatoes for my carrots." Shalys actually didn't mind carrots, but she also didn't mind tomatoes, so if Finn wanted more carrots instead Shalys was willing to trade with him.

Regardless if Finn takes her trade or not, Shalys is quick to talk business as she eats. "So the old man told me and Mimi that you're going to be helping him for the next few days. I presume that he knows some way to help you? Naturally, I'll help you help him, but if possible I'd also like to know more about whatever it is about this cure. Is it some sort of herb or do we need to hunt down some magic monster for their horn? Or something more arcane, like a ritual we have to do in some remote part of the forest?" As Shalys asks these questions she breaks what's left of her elf bread into the soup to thicken it up, eating it like a porridge.

Mimi
short gray hair green eyes wolf girl fantasy adventure farmer s-4113477431.png
At Shalys's nudging to head to the kitchen first, Mimi's tail started to wag and she quickly moved to the door, but paused with her hand on the nob. Her ears flattened as she looked back at Shalys sheepishly. "I-I know he said I would eat all the meat, but... I won't. I'll save some for you." She then headed out toward the kitchen where Finn had just arrived. Grabbing a nearby wooden bowl, Mimi stood there shaking with anticipation, her tail nearly toppling her body as it wagged, while Finn ladled out her stew. "Thanks, Finn! I like it when you give me my food! You always give me lots of meat! But... Make sure we save some for Shaly, too!" She sat at the table and began to pick the pieces of meat out with her fingers. She listened to Finn as she chewed blissfully on the thick gristly cuts of meat. "I don't mind sleeping in stables or out side. Sometimes it's fun. you can smell lots of stuff. But insides can smell good too sometimes. Especially taverns and inns. And butcher shops." Her tail swished from side to side as she ate, Shalys joining them shortly. She watched quietly while she spoke to Finn, waiting for her turn to speak. "I'll help too! If we have to hunt a monster, I can fight it!" She was happy to be here with her friends. She didn't care what they had to do, as long as they could be together, she would do it enthusiastically.

Finn
48cda61b45b26a076ba4778ab30a1ac6.jpg

"We'll do our best whatever comes." he couldn't help himself. he squished Mimi's face with both hands and ruffled her head with em once he was satisfied. she was.. just too cute... So lovely so sweet so just-

"Hmm? Ah, right sure.." he accepted the trade between Shalys, but he wasn't about to trade mimi it was his turn with her. "yes I plan to help out, part of me feels as if he's more important to the whole thing than he lets on, i'm accepting to take some time before the full moon and.. Well.. it's only right, for keeping us up for the nights." he finally released Mimi from her snuggled prison, before attending to his meal.

"no doubt theres some sort of trouble we'll be facing but i've no doubt we'll be fine."

Shalys Dar’Miam "Hunter"

"Thats all well and good, but what exactly do you need to do to get cured. Again, I'm not against earning our keep here, but I want to make sure whatever well be doing will work. Wouldn't want to go through the next few days hunting down different beasts or esoteric ingredients only to turn out this cure the old man speaks of won't help you, or might make things worse." Shalys finishes her dinner quickly and was already moving to the kitchen to clean her bowl. Force of habit, she always does that for her own untensils as well.

"Fortune favors the prepared, and if we want to get lucky we need to know what we're getting ourselves into. So tomorrow, doing whatever it is the old man needs us to do, I say we also take the time to learn more about this supposed cure." Shalys says seriously at Finn, despite having moved over to Mimi as well and rubbing her ears between the elf's fingers. She wanted to fluff Mimi as well, so once Finn finished Shalys took her turn, even if this cut into Mimi's dinner time. "For you sake Finn, we can't just go seeking out any random cure. Who knows how it'll affect your curse considering that your own holy magic is what caused it to attach to you in the first place. For all we know this new solution could end up just transferring the curse to the old man. And that's hardly a better solution."

Mimi
small wolf girl dark grey short hair big tail coat winter green eyes curious won s-1846132398.png
Mimi looked at Finn happily, smiling and blinking slowly as he squished her face while she contentedly chewed on a piece of meat, her tail swishing wildly behind her. As he released her and she turned back to her bowl, grabbing another piece of meat and popping it into her mouth, Shalys then grabbed Mimi's attention, rubbing Mimi's ears and fluffing her hair while her tail continued it's giddy swishing. Mimi was having a wonderful time. She wasn't sure what exactly was happening or why she was getting so much attention, but everyone here was really nice and the food was really good. She hoped it could always be this way. As she pulled the final square of meat from the broth and popped it into her mouth, a wave of exhaustion over came her. She let out a wide yawn that ended in a whine and rubbed her eyes. "I hope it's something easy. But, whatever it is, we'll fix Finn..."

1688608589443.png
Somewhere in the Wilds of the See
The next morning started as the old elf promised, right as the sun rose. He awoke Shalys and Mimi with a hardy rap on the guest bedroom door and Finn with a large clearing of his throat. They would find a decent breakfast awaiting them with a bowl of hard boiled eggs, several loaves of bread, a wheel of cheese, and a hunk of meat. He went outside and allowed everyone to eat, waiting for them to come to him. The forest seemed completely changed from the previous night, a cheerful peaceful clearing greeting them as they stepped outside, though they couldn't shake the feeling of something sinister lurking just out of reach. As they entered the yard he stopped cutting wood and assigned each of them a task.

Finn:
- "The fence surrounding the clearing has degraded from age. Behind the cottage, next to the stable, you'll find a shed. Everything you need to fix up the fence should be in there. Obviously you won't get to the whole thing, just do as much as you can. I don't have the strength to drive the posts in any more, but you should manage. Unless that physique is all for show."
following the elf's words, Finn would find the shed and a stack of well crafted fence posts and runners in good condition, if not a little old. It must have taken years to craft all of them, the ones toward the bottom of the stack showing the most age, the wood brightening and the work improving as the stack rises.

Shalys:
- "If you would, please take care of what remains of breakfast. On the west side of the house, there's a marker and trail at the edge of the woods. Following that will lead you to a large flat stone. Leave the leftover food there. It attracts boar to the area making them easier to hunt. Once you've cleaned up the food and taken care of the dishes, you can tidy up the stables. Just clear out any critter nests from the rafters, we'll take care of the overgrowth tomorrow. That will be all I need from you for today."

Mimi:
- The elf looks at Mimi for a moment, then scoffs and walks away. She pouts and lets out a low growl. "I want to help, too!" He frowns at her. "Fine. The forest has encroached over the years. See all the growth here in the yard? The weeds? Pull them. That's all." Mimi wagged her tail excitedly and smiled. "I can do it!" The elf just scoffed at her again.

Once orders were given he turned to head back inside but paused. "You are free to go where you will, but don't stray too far into the woods. You're safe here, but you won't be protected out there." He then went back to his upstairs workshop where he continued to work for the day. The day was pleasant. bright but with enough cloud cover that it wasn't hot, though the sky hinted at an unpleasant future. Hopefully when the rain broke it would pass quickly. It was quiet in the clearing, with little sound other than the chirping of birds or the rustling of small critters in the bush. On more than one occasion however, Finn and Shalys would notice an odd calm in which the birds would grow silent and Mimi would seem to stare off vacantly towards the woods. It only happened a few times and never lasted long, things returning to normal as quickly.

When night came, the elf called them in, specifically Finn and Shalys, but not objecting as Mimi came to. Dinner waited for them on the table, a helping of grilled fish for each of them, with potatoes and an assortment of cut fruit. After they ate, he told them they were free to use the house and grounds as they saw fit, even showing Shalys the larder in case any one wanted anything. It was almost as if his demeanor had changed, being much more friendly, though he did still recommend they keep an eye on Mimi. He gathered the left over food and took it to the designated spot himself, returning shortly after. He spent a long time on the porch smoking and watching the woods, and finally came in, heading upstairs for the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back