• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Aslan City] Converging Moments

Novama

Elder Member
Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario cathal cathal leviohsa leviohsa
OOC: We will be keeping a 7 day post frequency per round. The rp is expected to last between 1 and 2 months. Ask any and all questions. At present it is a free for all as far as who posts when so long as it is done within the post period. Out of combat, action economy will be ignored, but be mindful to play within character limits otherwise. Some abilities are better for ignoring cooldowns than others. I repeat: ask any and all questions. Multiple posts per round are possible and acceptable when not waiting on something from the world (me). Do not wait on others to post unless you have directly told them you are waiting on them and they have told you they will post. Anyone getting skipped is no one's fault but their own.
Time: Morning
Weather: warm with a slight breeze, sun cutting through a foggy day
Cooldown:
TLDR: Opening narration. characters are gathered in a forest ruin, each brought for different reasons.
Post Listening:

Duchy - Aslan - Forest Ruin

1686281300982.png

A wisp of fog twisted through the ancient ruins nestled in the heart of Aslan's enchanted forest, its ethereal tendrils brushing against moss-covered stones and snaking through the skeletal remnants of structures lost to time. A quiet hum of potent magic lingered in the air, a ghostly echo of an age long past, yet imbued with a palpable allure that had drawn four souls into the forest's mystic embrace.

Siegfried, the novice knight, was a striking figure against the verdant backdrop, his spear glinting dimly in the muted light that filtered through the dense canopy overhead. His wanderings would bring him there by chance, or was it?

Not far from Siegfried, Deliverance, a mage of considerable talent, would be close enough to trace the arcane patterns etched into the crumbling stonework. He could feel the residue of powerful magic vibrating in the cool air, a tantalizing puzzle just begging to be unraveled, a testament to a time when magic was an everyday miracle beyond Aslan's current spectacle. A homework assignment would bring him to the place, but related to the plants the grew in the forest. No one had mentioned a ruin.

Nearby, the petite figure of Penny stood out against the hulking ruins. All varieties of items may have drew her interest to the forest from the magical plants, precious beasts, or random priceless babbles that may yet remain in tucked away ruins such as the one they were all in. The flora surrounding the ruins was unlike any she had seen, their vibrant hues shimmering with an unmistakable magical essence, a peddler's dream.

Finally, nestled in a quiet corner of the ruin, the still learning potion maker Genevieve could be find. The strangely colored magical herbs of the site called to her and begged to be mixed and experimented with. She would have heard of the forest's unusual properties, but seeing it first hand would be a completely different experience that may resonate with her love for nature and mystical.

None of them had planned to cross paths, their individual pursuits weaving them into the tapestry of the enchanted forest by pure happenstance. Yet, they all stood within the boundary of the ancient ruin, drawn in by the magnetic allure of the forest's magic and the enduring mystery of the bygone era it bore witness to.

The ethereal melody of the forest filled the air, the whispering leaves and chittering creatures painting a serene symphony that belied the undertones of intrigue and magic that hummed beneath. The journey that awaited the quartet was as shrouded in enigma as the ruin that stood steadfast in the heart of the enchanted forest, promising trials, revelations, and perhaps, the forge of a newfound companionship in this realm of ancient mystery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deliverance

UbuwlVM.jpg

Elysia Wentworth from Shiei no Sona-Nyl ~What a beautiful memories~
Mentions: Novama Novama | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa | Penny cathal cathal
Languages: Common | [Terran] | {Sylvan}

His life had changed drastically. He got free meals in the university's cafeteria. He had access to the library whenever he wanted. He'd even gotten a small grant for purchasing other study materials. He was living the dream, having gone from nothing to suddenly feeling he had everything he could ever want. All while studying the Ethereal. It was almost too good to be true...

Yet it wasn't. Hence he was here now, on a field trip. He was here to gather some plants, a relatively simple task, but an important one nevertheless. He had to be careful to maintain his position in the upper ranks of the academy, so that he wouldn't loose what he'd worked so hard to obtain there. Sadly enough, he'd quickly gotten distracted. How could he not be? Arcana patterns on crumbling stonework. The residue of powerful magic in the air. Even in the general ethereal melody of the forest, this place was ethereal among it all.

He hadn't yet noticed any others, as he traced the patterns, trying to read them with [Ethereal Arcanist] F (Academia, Arcana, Focus). It was only when he tired of it, turning around to see if there was more to it, that he spotted the other three. The knight felt a bit out of place in a country of mages. “[I had not expected to see a Knight in Aslan.]” He spoke in Terran, assuming the knight (Siegfried) to be Human, based on his looks.

Then his gaze turned to Penny, whom he'd address in the same language. “[Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem here to gather plants as well. I was here to collect them on an assignment from the Ethereal Luminary, until I was distracted by these ruins.]”

Finally, but definitely not due being less notable, he noticed the cow. Remembering how nice his conversations with the Vixens had been not too long ago, he instantly assumed this [beast] might be pleasant to interact with as well. “Well met to you as well, miss. What might have called you here?” He spoke in common now, not knowing Beastial and not expecting her to know Terran or Sylvan.

That's when he finally realised. “Ah, forgive me. I am Deliverance, student at the Ethereal Luminary and Arcanist. I arrived here for the plants, but will admit these ruins we find ourselves in have more than captured my interest.” He felt proud of that one. He'd remembered to introduce himself. Clearly, being a student had increased his social skills a whole lot!

Last edited:

• Was this how it felt to feel exhausted? It had been quite a time since Siegfried had slept upon the dainty and comfortable beds at the orphanage he had lived with for the most of this life. The wilderness was welcoming, it felt nostalgic to him to be aimlessly wandering through roads, thickets and other such things. He had felt conflicted to leave once he had seen the crying faces of the children who had been much younger before he decided to leave. Even the head of the orphanage who was such an old maid and ever so unkind seemingly held back a tear. In sooth, it may have just been for she had been losing a pair of hands she hadn't need to pay.

Despite the nostalgia of the wilderness, he had never been so unkindly treated before by the hands of nature. Now, he was being brandished by branches, being thrown with nuts by squirrels who he could give food, find himself sickened by the smell of some plants and preyed upon sleeping uncovered in the grass under the sky of night. Yes, these were all things which were particularly ordinary to any adventurer, but to Siegfried who was ignorant of such things, it felt quite unlovely.

For the time being, he was wearing not his armour but just a pair of light clothing. He still had to get used to the cumbersome suit, for the mortal body's bones and rotting skin was heavy enough. Stiffly, he had been walking through this forest. The slight breeze of the wind felt as if it were mocking him and his unfluid form, for the wind was only slightly dancing. What was this feeling that panged his chest? Like a prickly circle. That was what it was. All in all, Siegfried had much to get used to.

What had caught the interest of the aspiring knight was the flora of this forest he had stumbled into... Or had he been lost? Whatever problem he may have, Siegfried was earnestly following where flowers bloomed soundlessly and where he would soon come upon the ruins of the forest. It did not strike him much, for it was similar a scene to the dreams he dreamt of his past life.

The ambience was the thing that truly enchanted him. The feeling of the arrogant breeze against this skin that rots, the fog and the sun that obscured and blinded his vision, it all felt quite humming. Things like these were not meant for him as a monoceros. However, that ambient beat would quite quickly be broken by the inches taller than him, Deliverance.

Surprised, Siegfried's tail perked up slightly, twitching to show his alert. Surprise seemed quite common in the wilderness... Yet with the appearance of people, was this really wilderness anymore? However, Deliverance's language was foreign to him, who only spoke of common tongue and that of wild and mundane animals. What would a knight do in this situation? In sooth, his only knowledge of knights so far was that of stories heard and experiences told to him, other than that, he was but just a novice with the ability to wield a weapon.

Siegfried bowed down, his silvery tail calming as it fell unstiff, despite its twitch. "Yes." He'd reply, unintendingly brash, as he straightened his posture. He still wasn't too fond of talking either, the mere act made him uncomfortable and the way it felt as words left his mouth was indescribably obscene to him. As unpleasant as it was, it was a thing people did.

His eyes followed Deliverance, holding his attention keenly on what Deliverance was doing as he'd communicate with the other people who were there. He didn't understand what clad in black mage was speaking until he had gotten to someone who was quite familiar in a way. Then he introduced himself.

Once he was done, Siegfried turned to the other two and bowed. His tail was hooked, "Pleasantly met." Stiffly, he'd say as he'd stand up straight. "Siegfried is my name. I hope we get along well." Said he, with a slightly awkward air to it. Despite that inherently clumsy introduction, Siegfried smiled as kindly as he could. He did not want to come off as apprehensive on his first meeting.

Last edited:
Genevieve Damaris
cs reference
mentions: Elvario Elvario , Faynorae Faynorae , cathal cathal , Novama Novama

fc515abf7090158ee56614c5fda0e3d7.jpg
Another ordinary day of exploring the depths of an unknown forest was nothing new for the half-cow. In fact, she was in-between jobs, and her ever-persistent need to explore got the better of her. Especially when this forest in particular seemed to have an almost.. unnatural persuasiveness to it. A few hours of exploring and documenting the strange flora in her [Notebook] led to her attaining vials of shimmering liquids of various colors, all taken from within the tree trunks of these seemingly mundane trees with a tapper [Mobile Alchemy Set, Nature Skill F]. Said vials were now strapped securely across her furry thigh, all to be used when she returned to the local Tavern. Strapped along her belt are a few stray animal bones that she found on the forest floor. Her bag also contained a few leaves of different shapes and sizes, all for her to document and use for potential potions later on.

Eventually, later became the present, as she arrived at what looked to be an abandoned.. temple? Building? It was so hard to tell what this place once was, with all the overgrown moss and tendrils of vines snaking around the rune-covered structures. Genevieve, being rather knew to the Arcane arts, decided it would be best to start sketching out the runes that her green eyes caught a glimpse of. Maybe one day, she'll learn what to do with such ancient sigils.

So, she pulled out her notebook and charcoal once more, lowering herself so that she sat on the ground. It took her a few tries, but she eventually got a distinct sketch of the look and size of the runes she saw. She stood back up, the sound of her hooves echoing quietly upon the stone beneath her. Furry ears twitched at the sound of multiple people approaching [Heightened Sense (Hearing): E], willing the young woman to turn and face the noise. From where she stood, she was a little farther away, giving her a moment or so to get a feel for the newfound strangers.

It didn't take long for them to all arrive, all seeming to be here for different reasons. And, it seemed that the curious mage was the first to speak. However, it was with a language she hadn't heard before. Genevieve's gaze shifted from the mage to the Knight, who seemed visibly startled, but willing. Her gaze continued to drift, noting the man's white tail stiffening behind his back.

The blonde man continued his rounds, still speaking in this unknown tongue. It made her brows furrow, yet none would be able to notice due to her hair covering her green eyes and reddish-brown brows. As the blonde man continued to speak in this tongue to the red-headed woman, a frown began to make an appearance. Genevieve had much to learn, and it became abundantly clear every day. Would she not be able to speak to these people? Maybe she could write to them instead?

Eventually, her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of common tongue, causing her to relax a bit, “Well met to you as well, miss. What might have called you here?” A valid question, as it was very interesting to see this many people at a seemingly abandoned ruin. Still holding her notebook, Genevieve perked up a bit, ready to speak, until the mage spoke once more: “Ah, forgive me. I am Deliverance, student at the Ethereal Luminary and Arcanist. I arrived here for the plants, but will admit these ruins we find ourselves in have more than captured my interest.” Even the Knight named Siegfried introduced himself, albeit stiffly, but it was a polite introduction nonetheless.

Genevieve smiled back at Siegfried and Deliverance, only more excited now to find someone who seemed much more versed in the Arcane. Still holding her notebook, the half-human replied, "It's wonderful to meet you both! My name is Genevieve. I am simply a potion maker. I'm still learning, so I thought it wise to venture a forest full of ingredients I've never laid my eyes on before."

Turning to Deliverance, she continued, "I too found interest in these runes... I sketched them out to see if I could research them later. I have an affinity for magic and nature, so I am eager to see what mysteries this place holds!" Her excited rambling might've been a bit much for the others, but the young woman couldn't help it. Most people she spoke to thus far were clients, who wanted Genevieve to make ointments and simple potions to alleviate simple ailments. Now, she stood amongst interesting personalities, one being a magical University student!

Penelope "Penny" Hartfield
Mentions: Novama Novama Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae leviohsa leviohsa

1686344095701.png

It had been an entire month. A full thirty days since Penny had stumbled into this peculiar realm of unimaginable fantasy and fable. It was a situation truly unlike anything she had ever encountered before. In the first few days here, it had been hard, of course. Not only did had she needed to quickly familiarize herself with the local customs, geography, and language to avoid looking foolish and running the real risk of causing unintentional offense to those she encountered, but she also had to comprehend the intricate nuances and complexities of the foreign culture of the Magic Duchy, the country that she had the fortune to find herself in. But ever the opportunist, she had tirelessly endeavored to regain her bearings and establish a semblance of stability in a world so unlike her own.

That same opportunism led her to a curious realization as she started upon finding her footing in this extraordinary world. She couldn't help but question the extent of her sales skills' worth amidst a society brimming with magic and wondrous occurrences. What kind of value could an ordinary saleswoman like her, hailing from a world devoid of magic, possibly do? This persistent query echoed incessantly within her mind, urging her to uncover her true significance. This persistent question echoed ceaselessly within her mind, leaving her grappling with it: What possibly could she do?

As she stood there, taking in her surroundings, it hardly came as a surprise to herself that she found herself in such a place, on this very day. The sight before her, an expanse of ancient ruins, lost to the grasp of time, seemed as though it had leaped out of the pages of a captivating storybook, like the ones she had always so enjoyed reading when she was a little girl. But, it wasn't just the ruins that had captured her attention.

The magical flora and greenery around captivated her in a way that differed from the average onlooker. While others may have been mesmerized by the sheer beauty and tranquility that these natural wonders exuded, her gaze fell upon them with a shrewd and enterprising vision. For her, the sight of such captivating verdure was not merely an opportunity for admiration or contemplation; it was a potential treasure trove to be harnessed and brought to market.

With every glance, she discerned the untapped potential of these magical plants, their vibrant colors and delicate textures whispering to her in a language only she could comprehend. Each leaf, each blossom, held not just natural elegance, but a lucrative possibility waiting to be realized. While others might see a peaceful garden or a tranquil forest, she saw a realm brimming with botanical riches that could be transformed into valuable commodities. But, as she stood amidst the bewitching flora and greenery, her eyes twinkling with ambition, the tranquility of her reverie soon shattered abruptly as she finally became aware of someone addressing and speaking to her. A sudden realization swept her, that she wasn't alone in this place as she had so previously thought.

"Is that so?" With a simple yet enigmatic half-smile, she offered her response to the unknown man with blonde hair who had addressed her. It was a curt reply, tinged with a touch of frostiness, for she detested even entertaining the notion of vying against others for something she desired. It had been foolish to assume that she alone would discover this place. In this world, that seemed bereft of compassion, she recognized the need to be swift and nimble on her feet, always staying one step ahead. How else would her ambitions be achieved?

With a keen gaze, she observed as the blonde man made his way towards a woman who appeared to be half-cow, presumably after having conversed with the other man boasting a lion's tail. It was a sight she still struggled to acclimate to – the existence of half-humans, genuine non-humans, and outright monsters. As introductions were exchanged, she learned their names: Deliverance, Siegfried, and Genevieve. Patiently, she waited until the last trace of steam had dissipated from Genevieve before introducing herself. "I'm Penelope, but you can call me Penny." Similar to Siegfried, whether consciously or not, she chose not to divulge any substantial details about herself. The reason behind her reticence was simple - she had learned not to trust others easily, particularly in circumstances such as these where she may be faced with potential adversaries with similar objectives as her own.

Deliverance

Mentions: Novama Novama | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa | Penny cathal cathal

The sweet joys of seeing his increased level of social skills come to fruition was pleasant. However, the first results were odd. Actually, no, he quickly realised. The Human male was no Human. There was a tail. A Beast, of sorts? A Fae, perhaps? He wasn't sure. Either way, the knight spoke Common, thus Deliverance would reply in common to Siegfried. “Likewise, but if I might ask, what brings a knight such as yourself to a place like this?” He repeated his question in a language that Siegfried seemed to actually understand.

Next to reply was the one that was for more clearly a Beast (Genevieve). Oddly enough, he was correct in his judgement. She was as pleasant to interact with as the previous Beasts he met. “A potion maker? An interesting craft indeed. Perhaps the plants that you and I are looking for are similar enough to be of mutual assistance to one-another.” He offered. At her mention of the interest in magic, he smiled a bit. “Indeed, there are few things as interesting as the Ethereal, see...” he pointed to the arcane patterns he spotted “... I'd love to try translating these patterns over here. I've learned that magic is engrained into the foundations of this country, so to say, so ruins like these shouldn't be too uncommon, yet they might still house some things of interest. Perhaps with these patterns figured out, we'll know what to expect... Ah, on the topic of expecting. Nobody told me to expect ruins here, when they told me to go find the plants over here, which is rather odd at best. Perhaps a bit of care might be warranted.” He added, getting excited about this discovery the more he spoke of it.

He wasn't too taken aback by the cold reply from the other human (Penny), but he didn't feel a strong desire to interact with her much further afterwards.

OOC: Good job everyone. Slightly early posting round. Keep in mind you can post multiple times per round for those with the gumption to do so.
Time: Morning
Weather: warm with a slight breeze, sun cutting through a foggy day
Cooldown:
TLDR:
Post Listening:

1686281300982-png.1093160

As the characters conversed, a subtle change had come over the ruins, a sensation not unlike the chill of an unseen cloud passing over the sun. The words that passed between them seemed to reverberate strangely, as if the stones themselves were listening, their carved symbols glowing faintly in the dimming twilight.

Genevieve, keenly attuned to the changes in her environment, was the first to sense it. The azure flowers of the plant she'd been observing moments earlier had darkened ominously, their radiant glow dimmed. There was something in the air, a shift that could prickle the skin and raise the hackles on the back of their necks.

Deliverance would note the ruins seemed to hum with an energy that was older, and more potent than he'd initially realized.

As for Penny, even she couldn't ignore the shiver that swept through her. The gloomy atmosphere would swallow any indifference from the party and demand attention.

And Siegfried felt a shift in the mood around them. The lighthearted chatter had been replaced by a quiet, anticipatory silence. He could almost taste the suspense in the air. He found himself considering reaching for the hilt of his weapon. The ruins, it seemed, were no longer just remnants of the past. They were alive, pulsating with a magic that was at once fascinating and alarming.

The ruins had been waiting, patient and eternal. But now, they had visitors. And they seemed to be waking up.

Genevieve Damaris
cs reference
mentions: Elvario Elvario , cathal cathal , Faynorae Faynorae , Novama Novama

As Deliverance continued the conversation, jade eyes peered over at the runes he pointed towards, only looking
back towards him once he continued to speak. However, the longer he spoke, the more a particularly uncomfortable feeling began to wash over her. Pierced ears twitched once more at the sound of the plants around them wilting, the hairs on Genevieve's skin rising to form goosebumps. "...Perhaps a bit more care is warranted." Well, he was certainly right about that one. Maybe he felt the same eerie feeling she had?

Her previously excitably nature had taken quite the contradictory shift, her arms now hugging the notebook to her chest whilst listening to Penny introduce herself. She was quick and to the point, feeling stiff like Siegfried. Her features lifted into a gentle smile towards the human, before speaking up,

"Good to meet you, Penny." Most humans are taken aback by Genevieve's prescience. A half-human beast person is quite rare, and are often looked down upon. Or.. at least she was. So she usually did her best to remain polite to humankind, especially if they seem tense at first glance.

Nonetheless, prejudice doesn't bother her in her adulthood. Not like this oddly purposeful change in the atmosphere. It willed everyone into a tense silence. The potion-maker fidgeted a little, gently kicking the stone beneath her whilst her tail swayed slowly behind her. Was their prescience unwelcome? Nothing seemed to be a threat, but not even she could deny the visible change in the flora surrounding her. "Something has changed..." She mumbled, mostly to herself, as she peered over at the Azure flowers from mere minutes ago.

An observation such as this had to be documented. So, charcoal-stained fingers opened her notebook once more, diligently sketching and writing down notable changes in the plants. Long braids just barely grazed the stone floor as she squatted down to get a better look, allowing her focus to overthrow her previous unease.

• Mentions ~ Novama Novama | Elvario Elvario [Deliverance] | leviohsa leviohsa [Genevieve] | cathal cathal [Penelope]​
    It did not show inherently on Siegfried's face, but he had been quite intrigued to hear that the fur-legged woman was some sort of potion maker. Was she a witch? He knew of witches from storybooks he had read in the orphanage, but each type of witch was described differently. He knew for one that they made potions... or something. From what he could remember, potions were like magic.

Ever since he had become a part of this world, he had seen magic being scarcely cast. However, that may have been the result of being born in a less magical part of the realm. It was refreshing to finally be in a somewhat familiar environment, surrounded by folk with familiar traits and abilities. It couldn't be helped that the thought made his lips curl into a cheery smile... For whatever reason.

With the tip of his tail twitching, he tilted his head a slight bit, Siegfried was about to speak when the blonde-haired person asked him a question. The so-called knight's tail tip hooked, swaying down as he'd been caught surprised. "Uh- A knight?" He'd stutter, cheeks slightly blushed. He was abashed to be called such a title when he hadn't even done much to consider being called one. He blinked, "I am no knight yet." He avoided eye contact, still feeling that prickly stomach-emptying feeling. "I will become one. I want to help others." He'd say stiffly, before an idea would've popped up in his mind.

"I could help you. All of you!" A determined smile unknowingly dusted his expression, as he'd claim with naive confidence and... a bit louder than he'd like cheer. His tail fell flat, as Siegfried quickly stiffened up again. "My apologies." He'd mumble. Face a tad redder than usual. It was quite unnerving to meet new people all of a sudden. Perhaps it was better to listen rather than talk.

Siegfried nodded with a smile when Penelope introduced herself. Judging by how short her introduction was, Siegfried assumed she was tense similar to how he was. He hoped that by smiling it'd show her that there was nothing to be so uncomfortable about. However, Deliverance conversing with Genevieve had caught star-headed Siegfried's attention. "Ethereal?" Specifically caught his attention, as he'd lean a bit closer with his head slightly tilted. "There's magic within this land?" Siegfried's eyes glittered, "Is there more you know?" He'd ask, his tail curiously swaying.

Whatever Deliverance had to say, would likely have to wait. The sudden change in the forest would make the so-called 'knight' straighten up as he'd take a quick look around. The silence was calming to him at first, for silence was something nostalgic, however, there was this unfamiliar underlying feeling. This sense of wrongness. Was this the atmosphere danger rather than that of solitude? But no, there was something else about these ruins...

To Siegfried, it felt too early to draw his weapon when nothing had posed immediate threat. "The ruins are breathing." He'd say bluntly what he percieved and loud enough for everyone to hear. The air felt a slight bit colder, did the ruins perhaps feel a slight bit threatened by them? It was unlikely, but it was best to make it not seem so. Siegfried held a hand by his mouth, "Greetings!" He'd call out in a friendly tone, "Is anyone there?! We nought harm!" Siegfried added, stating the group's peace to any animals or such that may be listening.

Deliverance

It was thrilling to see the ruins starting to hum with old, potent energy. Even without being able to read any of the runes, this was exciting. He'd follow up on Genevieve. “Indeed, this place is far older and far more potent than I expected. If it's reacting to our presence, perhaps it used to be some sort of testing grounds or gathering point? I wonder what aspects of us might've gotten it activated, or what it seems to be starting up...” He was unsure with regards to the last part. Could be something amazing, could also be something highly dangerous.

He was surprised by the knight's refusal of being a knight. “A commendable goal and one for which I'd dare say you certainly already look the part.” The next part surprised him. “I'm not in any need of assistance?” He asked, his socially inept nature rising up again as he had no clue how to deal with such an offer. “Ehm... thanks for offering, I'll call you when I need it?” He asked, when he noticed Siegfried growing uncomfortable. Was that how this worked?

“Yes, of course. All around the world, but this nation is most specialised in it, and of course I know more, I study magic. Well, predominantly Ethereal magic, but magic nevertheless. What is it you want to know?” He replied, eager to talk about his favourite subject.

Still, the humming kept him occupied, so he turned back to the runes, trying to figure out what was up with them using [Magic Appraisal E] on them.

E CD's (0/1)
Magic Appraisal E – Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.

Penelope "Penny" Hartfield
Mentions: Novama Novama leviohsa leviohsa Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario

1687238615235.png
Something had.. changed and Penny, unconsciously, shivered. The undeniable shift in the atmosphere signaled that something was amiss, and even an amateur like her could discern the ruins before them as the cause. The sensation pricked at her unsuspecting skin, intensifying her growing sense of caution.

Deliverance and Siegfried seemed rational in their explanations about the sudden shift in the air, with Deliverance particularly enthusiastic in sharing his ideas. It all boiled down to one thing: magic. The ancient ruins were pulsating, as if they were alive. Perhaps it should be an actively enthralling or exhilarating experience, to be in the presence of likely ancient and potent magic, but for her, the absence of any confirmation regarding the safety of these ruins, and the possibility of them unleashing some perilous magical attack, made it anything but enticing.

Magic was a concept she was still struggling to come to terms with, as it added another layer of complexity to her already overwhelming reality, and Penny wasn't so sure she was currently well-equipped to deal with potential magical mishaps that might arise from the awakening of these ruins.

However, despite her heightened guard, she wasn't so eager to abruptly depart just yet. Unless faced with a direct threat, she remained focused on her objective—the obtaining of magical plants and other valuable commodities that might unexpectedly cross her path.

"On a scale of one to ten, how confident are we that these ruins don't harbor malicious intent, eagerly waiting to consume us?" It was the longest sentence she had spoken yet, addressing all three of them. Her words carried a tinge of concern, despite their otherwise pessimistic nature, unsure if her worries were unfounded or if there was a genuine cause for alarm.

Deliverance

Mentions: Penny cathal cathal

Penny's question instantly made him perk up, as it intrigued him. He probably took it far too serious, but that was the way he was. “If we were to assume 5 as a base value, with 0 being safe and 10 being dangerous, I'd say that we can exclude 10. It's nearly impossibly a highly dangerous area remains here, even more so that the Ethereal Luminary would sent people here for plants without knowing of it. For the same reason, I'd say we could also exclude 9, as others would've found or searched out this place. However, we could also exclude 0, as there's clearly something going on here. Considering we're dealing with much older magic and much more potent magic than I'd first realised, I'd say that means we can also exclude 2, 3 and 4. In fact, I'd say even the base level of 5 could be ignored by that. Old magic might be more volatile and the diversity of our group might grant an increased risk of something going haywire. I'd say we should be above 6 at least, but I doubt it'd be as dangerous as 8... So 7. I'd estimate the change of this being dangerous is 7 out of 10, or the other way around, that I'm only 3 out of 10 confident that these ruins don't harbour a risk of malicious intent.” His Etherealness was really shining through right then and there. He was happy with that, so he'd turn to Penny. “Is that a sufficient answer to your question?”

[Etherealness] - Character seems to be strongly aligned with the term Ethereal. Hard to follow or relate to, the character comes off a bit odd to most. Only ones not impacted by this title are other odd ones.

Last edited:

• Mentions ~ Novama Novama | Elvario Elvario [Deliverance] | leviohsa leviohsa [Genevieve] | cathal cathal [Penelope]​

He was surprised by the knight's refusal of being a knight. “A commendable goal and one for which I'd dare say you certainly already look the part.” The next part surprised him. “I'm not in any need of assistance?” He asked, his socially inept nature rising up again as he had no clue how to deal with such an offer. “Ehm... thanks for offering, I'll call you when I need it?” He asked, when he noticed Siegfried growing uncomfortable. Was that how this worked?

Siegfried's white tail swayed from side to side upon hearing such words from Deliverance. He was quite elated to hear he 'Certainly already look the part.' If he matched the apparel of a knight, then that likely meant he was doing a good job staying on the path of a chivalrous knight.

He smiled, however the smile that stuck on his face would be unharmonious with the surprise he'd feel after Deliverence's next statement. "Hm?" He'd tilt his head a slight bit, however, Deliverance seeming reaffirmed his answer afterwards. "I will charge right to you then!" Discomfort melted, Siegfried would positively proclaim to the Mage, smiling quite confidently, "Do call loudly, so I could hear you." He'd add.

“Yes, of course. All around the world, but this nation is most specialised in it, and of course I know more, I study magic. Well, predominantly Ethereal magic, but magic nevertheless. What is it you want to know?” He replied, eager to talk about his favourite subject.

"I understand." Siegfried would reply, he'd suddenly feel quite excited, he had many questions to ask. It showed on his face and the spark in his eyes, "Perchance, would you know how a unicorn was to re-attain his horn?" He'd very bluntly ask, "If not, do you know of means to break curses?... Albeit this may not be a curse. Is there a magic that returns things back to its original form? Have you met a unicorn before? Have you met with any magical or ethereal creature before?" Siegfried would say, before briefly breathing. He'd look away and cough into his hand.

Talking so much was a bit of a hassle and felt quite unpleasant to the would-be 'knight'... "Ahem--" He'd clear his throat and look back to Deliverance. "Is mayhaps a magic which allows one, not the need to breathe? And too; not the need to eat, feel tired, stops the rotting of skin and stops emotions? Is there a magic which removes pain or makes one's movements less stiffly?" Siegfried continued, "Perchance there is one that stops the flow of thoughts? Is there magic which makes people smile?" He'd finally ask before stopping. "That is all." The so-called 'knight' would smile. Asking all that he needed, it made him feel content.

"On a scale of one to ten, how confident are we that these ruins don't harbor malicious intent, eagerly waiting to consume us?" It was the longest sentence she had spoken yet, addressing all three of them. Her words carried a tinge of concern, despite their otherwise pessimistic nature, unsure if her worries were unfounded or if there was a genuine cause for alarm.
    Penny's question instantly made him perk up, as it intrigued him. He probably took it far too serious, but that was the way he was. “If we were to assume 5 as a base value, with 0 being safe and 10 being dangerous, I'd say that we can exclude 10. It's nearly impossibly a highly dangerous area remains here, even more so that the Ethereal Luminary would sent people here for plants without knowing of it. For the same reason, I'd say we could also exclude 9, as others would've found or searched out this place. However, we could also exclude 0, as there's clearly something going on here. Considering we're dealing with much older magic and much more potent magic than I'd first realised, I'd say that means we can also exclude 2, 3 and 4. In fact, I'd say even the base level of 5 could be ignored by that. Old magic might be more volatile and the diversity of our group might grant an increased risk of something going haywire. I'd say we should be above 6 at least, but I doubt it'd be as dangerous as 8... So 7. I'd estimate the change of this being dangerous is 7 out of 10, or the other way around, that I'm only 3 out of 10 confident that these ruins don't harbour a risk of malicious intent.” His Etherealness was really shining through right then and there. He was happy with that, so he'd turn to Penny. “Is that a sufficient answer to your question?”

Siegfried would listen quite attentively as Deliverance calculatively evaluated the level of danger they may be in to answer Penelope's question. Truthfully, to Siegfried, numbers felt unnecessary and quite inconvenient. Why need there be a scale for things? They felt odd and inaccurate. Though the mage's strange and confusing words did indeed bewilder Siegfried, he felt endeared by how seemingly enthusiastic Deliverance could be for such a simple question. He chuckled, "Need not fret, everything will be fine." Siegfried said gently as a means to comfort the tension, "If there is danger, I will safeguard everyone!" He'd confidently claim, with a cheerful smile.

OOC: please don't use replies in roleplay. assume members are reading posts and remembering what they posted themselves.
Time: Evening??
Weather: cool air, clear sky
Cooldown:
TLDR: the eerie feeling of the ruin continues to grow as questions go unanswered and time itself seems to be moving oddly
Post Listening:

1687317141859.png

As the sun kissed the horizon, welcoming the day, a shimmering ripple of magical energy danced around the ruin. The light around the group wavered, as if seen through a curtain of heated air. The world itself seemed to blur, and the sun raced across the sky, casting changing shadows around the ruins. Morning’s fresh dew evaporated in moments, replaced by the warm haze of noon, only for the afternoon to then cast longer, cooler shadows. Suddenly, the vibrant azure sky painted itself with hues of orange and purple, and the sun sank beneath the horizon, chased away by the burgeoning evening. All the while, the runes of the ruin pulsed, painting the stones with a spectral light. The passage of the sun was a blurred line across the sky, a dizzying dance from dawn to dusk. They stood there, in the same spot, untouched by the magic, a mere heartbeat having passed for them while a whole day had blinked away in the world around them.

Under the indigo spread of the evening sky, the ancient ruins continued to hum with an energy that was as old as the stones themselves. The air had thickened with a mystic quality, casting long, ominous shadows across the ruined masonry. The once-lively azure flowers had now wilted, their petals falling like delicate whispers upon the cold stone ground. The atmosphere, initially inviting and teeming with nature, had become eerily still, as if the ruins themselves were holding their breath.

Genevieve would notice an intensity to the concentration of air surrounding her. As her attention to her surroundings heightened, the ruins seemed to react, a subtle energy pulsing beneath the stone, making the ancient runes carved into the stone glow ever so slightly.

Beside her, Siegfried, his presence fought against the atmosphere around them in providing a sense of safety, even though the situation was far from familiar. The ruins stayed quiet, acknowledging his words with a mysterious, almost menacing silence in stark contrast to Siefried's shout.

The more they interacted with the space, the more it seemed to react. At Siegfried's words, there was a noticeable shift, a subtle vibration that traveled along the ancient stones as if the ruins were indeed breathing, responding to their presence. His array of questions about magic, however, were met with silence, as if the ruins were withholding their secrets, waiting for the right moment, or perhaps, the right question.

Deliverance's Magic Appraisal spell flickered in the air before dissipating, the runes revealing nothing under the magical probe. His articulate response to Penny's query, however, brought a new energy to the air, making the runes glow a tad brighter as if echoing his analytical thoughts. It was as if the ruins were stirred by the cautious skepticism that his words held, adding a deeper layer of mystery to their timeless existence.

Finally, there was Penelope. As she voiced her concerns, the ground beneath them seemed to shift ever so slightly, reacting to her words with an almost tangible energy. The ruins, however, remained silent, refusing to give away their secrets or their intent.

And so, the ruins stood there, bathed in the ethereal moonlight that was not above, silently observing their visitors, their secrets protected by layers of time and magic. Yet, there was a sense of anticipation in the air, a sense of an unfolding mystery that was waiting for the right moment to reveal itself. Only time would tell what secrets these ancient ruins held and what the impact of this group's presence would have on the unfolding mystery.

Deliverance

How peculiar. The moment he'd realise the 'Human' was, in fact, some type of 'Beast', he seemed to be getting along with the latter swimmingly. What was it about Beasts that made them so easy to interact with? Was he a furry?!? He wasn't sure. Either way, Siegfried's enthusiasm was infective. “Very well, I'll make sure to call at the top of my lungs.” He replied with a nod. Their deal was sealed.

That's when the questions arrived. Carefully, he segmented them mentally so that he could respond to all of them appropriately. “Assuming the horn is a natural part of a unicorn, regeneration magic or natural regeneration abilities should be able to regrow it. If the horn can be found, simple healing magic might also suffice to re-attach it. However, if it were to be more magical in nature, one might need someone both knowledgeable on healing or regenerative magic and dealing with natural catalysts to help re-attain it. Of course, depending on how it was lost, there might also be more culture based manners to obtain it, but I fear I know sparingly little about unicorns.”

“As for curses, most of them should be cleans-able with sufficiently strong healing magic. I'd suggest visiting a high ranking priest, or better, a bishop. Theoretically, there are more ways of breaking curses that might apply to more specific curses, but I'd need to know more of the context to see if I can offer other suggestions.”

“Magic that returns things back to its original form...” He had to think about that. “Nullify abilities can undo previous magic, healing magic can heal injuries, regeneration abilities and magic can restore the body to its previous states, a mixture of them might fully return something to its original form. However, I am not sure of how it would work, for this is a subject I am unfamiliar with.”

“I have not, or at least, I do not believe I have. Until now, that is, if I might infer that you, yourself, are one?” He was speaking to some [Beast] type and the odd fascination with unicorn horns and regaining them was enough for even a misfit like Deliverance to connect a few dots.

“Yes, I have. Many of them. In my university, the Ethereal Luminary, many students chose to work together with a familiar. A magical or ethereal creature. Spirits, constructs and even a few tamed monsters, although the latter still worries me. I have yet to find someone I'd be able to work with myself, although I've seen a great many.”

He finally took a few breaths, as Siegfried gave him a chance to do so. Then he'd start again, which would in turn cause Deliverance to start again. “A magic, not necessarily. Yet there are those with resilience against things like fatigue and exhaustion, ageing, suffocation, sleep... Perhaps there is magic to help obtain such things? I am not sure, but I know many [Construct] creatures have such resilience by default.” There was one part he wasn't sure on. “Although I am not sure emotions can be cancelled out... perhaps with a strong enough mind shield ability that is continuously active against one's own mental state? I wouldn't know for sure. I know that resilience against pain should be possible, yet as for making one's movements less stiffly... I think general acrobatic ability might be better suited.”

He nodded to himself. “Magic can do a lot, but to fully alter one's movements, it might be best to remain in the realms of the physical, so that movements remain natural. Of course, magic could be used to help alter physical attributes, such as by bolstering one's speed or strength, but I do not believe that'd be a sufficient long-term solution.”

There were even more questions. Deliverance started to feel like he was being tested on an exam right now. Luckily enough, he had experience with those. “I believe magic that stops thoughts is possible, but it would be difficult to achieve. Would you wish to halt your own thoughts or those of others? That would make it drastically different. As for magic that makes people smile... The most likely options seems mind control, but that one is difficult and perhaps not the most lawful option. I'd like to believe simply using magic to help others would be enough to make them smile, especially healing magic or magic that can help them in their daily lives might do so.”

When Siegfried finally said 'that is all' he couldn't help give a short sigh of relief. That was a lot, even by his trained academic standards. He almost felt the need to ask if he passed the test and wondered if Siegfried was just one of his professors in disguise. He just nodded when Siegfried stated his commitment to safeguarding everyone.

Meanwhile, the ruins were still doing their thing. Wait. What thing. “Ehm... is it me, or did an entire day just pass by?” He asked in confusion. “Either this is a surprisingly powerful illusion, or... no. No place could make the passage of time go that much faster, it's far more sensible to say it has made us go slower instead. We've been halted in a way, whilst time passed by. That must be it.” He concluded, taking a deep breath. This was challenging indeed.

“These ruins are too powerful to be appraised, yet some of our words and thoughts seem to make it react. Perhaps we need the right type of key-phrase or words to activate the magic within. Perhaps... perhaps these aren't malicious after all. Perhaps they're an ancient riddle. A challenge to those passing by to figure out what activates them through debate and through engaging with them?” He'd ask aloud.

Genevieve Damaris
cs reference
mentions: Elvario Elvario , Novama Novama , cathal cathal , Faynorae Faynorae

There was a lot of discourse over the magic that pulsed like a heartbeat. Were these runes connected to something bigger? Is that even possible? What would make these poor plants begin to lose their light? Curly, orange bangs hid the look of curiosity in her eyes as she stood back up, looking around more.

What she was not expecting, however, was to watch an entire day pass by her in the blink of an eye. Whilst she let the others speak, Genevieve simply observed her surroundings, watching the azure flowers from before wilt whilst listening to Deliverance's rather determined ability to respond to every question the group seemed to throw at him.

Deciding to put her book back its designated sleeve in her belt, the beastwoman's hands were now free. Calloused and scarred fingers began to fidget, either at her own fur that adorned her legs, or at her unpainted nails. It felt odd for her to not have either a writing utensil or an alchemy tool in her grasp, but she thought it best to remain focused on the ruins in front of her.

"I think.. it enjoys being included with us. The runes pulsate whenever we mention it in a rather neutral or curious way.." It was hard to tell, with how fickle the Ruins' reactions seemed to be. The young woman had never been faced with magic that felt so.. alive. It was exciting, in a way. Especially since it seemed to not be a danger to the group. She decided to take a risk, this time speaking directly to the ancient runes,

"Do you... do you wish to converse with us?" Genevieve looked around, talking to the air surrounding her. She spun slowly, curly hair swaying with her as she attempted to spot any kind of change in the air enveloping this ragtag group. Sure, she probably looked a bit.. odd. But what was more odd in her mind, was the fact that an entire day passed them all in a blink of an eye, with no repercussions. "Is that why you brought us here?"

The so-called 'knight' was quite extraordinarily pleased by Deliverance's answers. "I see. Thank you kindly." He'd say, gently smiling. Despite his past life as a magical creature, Siegfried never understood the workings of magic. Truthfully, the world he'd been reborn from likely had no explanation for why and how magic worked. Things just happened because they could. It seemed to be different here, however.

He'd found himself stumbled by the mage's perception. Siegfried thought for a bit. Although it was true that he was indeed a unicorn prior, he was not one now. His death was either so pitiful or somehow noble that God had given him a new chance at finding purpose, but that same God seemingly punished him for taking his own life by turning him into a more mortal creature. "No." Denied Siegfried, "I am not." He'd reply, although not elaborating further. A unicorn without a horn is no unicorn at all, all he had to show for was a star-shaped scar from where it was.

From Deliverance's explanations, it seemed like [Magic] was not the answer to all his grievances and slight bothers. He'd unconsciously sigh, he would need to learn how to harness magic himself to further his goals it seemed. Perhaps it was a good idea to seek out, as Deliverance had mentioned, a priest or bishop. The 'knight' smiled. He felt positive about knowing what he should start doing.

"Do you know someone like that?" Siegfried would ask a little excitingly, "Someone who is a bishop or priest?" Deliverance seemed to know quite a lot. It truly made him feel quite weak in his lack of knowledge regarding this world.

When the mage pointed out the change in the time of day, Siegfried looked up with a blank stare. "Hm." He'd utter, looking to the Mage, "Are you sure? Mayhaps we were talking for long." Said he cheerily. Did time move faster? Were they in some sort of halted dimension of time? Siegfried just accepted it either way. Time moves faster when you don't note to it. Siegfried's tail hooked at the tip.

Both Genevieve and Deliverance's statements intrigued the would-be 'knight.' "I see! It'd be best to introduce ourselves first." He'd state with a friendly tone, "They know us not and we did rudely awake them." Siegfried added, after all, it was the polite thing to do. He'd turn around with a smile, "Good evening!" He'd greet whatever was listening, "I apologise for our impertinence in awaking you, it was not our intention." He'd continue, scanning the area to see for any signs of minute changes. "My name is Siegfried, I hope to be a knight one day. Perchance you could tell us your own name?" Siegfried asked with a softer voice. It irked him to speak so much.

Deliverance

Mentions: Novama Novama | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa

“You would ascribe sentience to these ruins?” He asked Genevieve, but as he said it, he realised there could be something there. “A most intriguing thought... I know there are Constructs, non-organic lifeforms, so perhaps a set of ruins with such a state of being won't be too far off from what we're dealing with indeed... or perhaps these ruins house something more spiritual in nature that communicates through them... If only I could sense more of it.” He'd been speaking to mostly himself, in part to Genevieve.

Meanwhile, it seemed he'd mostly satisfied their knight in shoddily crafter silver plate armour. “You're welcome.” That said, Deliverance was confused. He claimed not to be a unicorn? After all that talk. Throwing 'privacy' out the window, Deliverance used [Magic Appraisal E] on Siegfried. Truly just a [Beast] then, it seemed. Nothing more specific. How peculiar.

He'd have to disappoint the knight. “I''m afraid I do not, but I'm sure it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. Places or worships, churches, cathedrals, are fairly commonplace. You'd merely need to look for one of those.”

“Yes, I am sure. We couldn't physically talk for so long without experiencing any discomfort from thirst, hunger, bathroom breaks, without magic affecting us somehow.” Even for an odd one like Deliverance, that was a weird question, but he answered it in full seriousness regardless.

When he saw Siegfried introduce himself to the ruins, Deliverance decided to first await the results of that. He'd rather observe first, experiment later, as truthfully, it did seem a bit odd to just start talking to the magical rocks, even if they might house a spirit or be of construct nature. He'd much rather figure out that nature and find a better way to communicate, if such a thing was possible.

E CD's (0/1)
Magic Appraisal E – Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.

OOC: 1 skip cathal. Cathal mentioned computer troubles, so let's see what happens from here.
Cooldown:
TLDR: the eerie feeling of the ruin continues to grow as questions go unanswered and then a new way is opened to the group
Post Listening:

1687317141859-png.1096097

The evening settled over the land, painting the ancient ruin in shades of dark blue and gray. Siegfried's appeal had reverberated through the desolate landscape, his declaration met by an eerie silence. The absence of immediate response might have unsettled others, yet the tranquility of the moment seemed undisturbed.

As though drinking in Siegfried's audacious introduction, the runes inscribed on the towering stones kindled with a renewed energy. An ethereal glow seeped from their carved lines, a slow pulsation that gave the impression of a hidden life-force coursing through the stonework.

Genevieve's gentle petition seemed to caress the stone as the wind caresses the leaves, mingling with the ambient sounds of the encroaching night. The magic of her words breathed life into the wind, which in turn appeared to stoke the resonance of the runes, a symbiotic dance of the arcane and the elemental.

In the wake of their attempts to commune with the ruins, an altered ambience was perceptible. The wind, once a mere whisper in the undergrowth, swelled into a sonorous rhythm that echoed the pulse of the runes. The ruins bore the weight of countless sunrises and sunsets, and yet, in response to their presence, showed signs of a silent stirring. Hidden beneath the moss and layers of weathered stone, additional runes emerged, glowing like a constellation of stars drawn on the earth.

Beneath their feet, the soil trembled, subtle yet distinct, as if the earth was awaking from a deep sleep. The illuminated runes cast a brighter light, weaving ghostly patterns on the ground. Astonishingly, a portion of the stone wall receded, revealing an unseen passage. The path was not a mere cavity in the ruin but a calculated invitation into the unknown, a silent beckoning that held the promise of revelation.

The mystery of the ruins had deepened. They had awakened a latent echo of the past, a puzzle nestled within the crumbling stones that demanded resolution. Awaiting their next move, the ruins stood vigilant in the twinkling night, an enigma cloaked in the darkness and the unknown.

Deliverance

Mentions: Novama Novama | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae

He watched in silent awe as the ruins switched and shifted around. More so, by them revealing a path into these ruins. He'd try to get a read the runes/ruins again (Magic Appraisal D) to see if he could get even the slightest glimpse of what they were about.

As for entering them, however, he was a tad bit more hesitant. He wasn't a fighter, after all. If there was trouble down there... “Perhaps you would be as kind as to lead us, to see what these ruins might wish to offer us?” He'd ask Siegfried. The knight seemed fitting to be the first one to get hit by any traps and trouble. He'd follow a few paces afterwards.

Magic Appraisal D – Magic D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

Charge, Without Fear

"I see," Siegfried uttered, staring at the pillar-esque stones as they glowed. It was truly as if it were alive, as if the magic was their blood, as it flowed throughout the ruin's 'veins.' It was awful, although, it did not make Siegfried feel a sense of wow. To Siegfried it just made sense, or was it more that he found it calming? Whatever he thought; it did not really go as he would've expected. He was fully expecting to hear something call back.

The silent and subtle pacings of the ruins had seemed like a reply to them of sorts, as if the ruins, or someone else, was trying to tell them to come closer. As if it either could not or would not tell them from where they were currently. He'd smile, to him, it felt like they were somehow communicating with the Ruins, and mayhaps they would all find some sort of friend in it.

Deliverance's ask would call the former unicorn out of his pondering, he'd flinch slightly as if the mage had startled him slightly. Siegfried did not understand verily as to why Deliverance wanted him to lead them, but he had no reason to refuse either. He'd gently smile, "Will do." He'd turn to everyone else, "Follow behind me, I'll head in first!" He'd exclaim with optimism.

He would then turn to the receded wall, "I apologise for my intrusion." He'd say softly to the presumably the Ruins. Then, without any hesitation, Siegfried turned around to head through the revealed passage. His white tail swayed in anticipation, there was this odd feeling in his chest which made his heart beat a tense bit faster. He wasn't the fondest of it.

Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario leviohsa leviohsa
OOC: cathal dropped out. Leviohsa skip 1. Let's see how this round goes.
Cooldown:
TLDR: Party would need courage and a plan to progress forward. Deliverance would learn some things about the nature of the ruin.
Post Listening:

1687317141859-png.1096097

The ancient ruins responded to the interplay of those who dared to venture within. As Siegfried took his first hesitant steps onto the threshold, a palpable shift had seemed to ripple through the age-old stones. Their vibrant glow flickered, then intensified, casting long, dancing shadows in the otherwise darkened expanse beyond.

Gone was the inviting openness that had greeted them initially. Instead, the pathway had narrowed into a dimly lit corridor, stretching out into an obscurity that made the depths of the ruin feel more like a labyrinth than a sanctuary. The soft rumble of shifting stone echoed behind them, a clear sign of the wall sliding back into place, sealing them within the ruin's ancient heart (just those that chose to follow Sieg inside). The last vestiges of light from the outside world were extinguished, leaving them bathed in the eerie luminescence of the runes.

In the aftermath of Penelope's departure, a silence had fallen over the group. It was a silence born not from lack of speech, but rather from the intensified awareness that something grand and ancient was unfurling before them. They could hear the whispers of the ruin more clearly now, an unintelligible language that wound around them like the cool breeze of a forgotten world.

With each step Siegfried took, the ruins seemed to respond in kind. Stones beneath their feet resonated with a subtle vibration, a hum that they could feel more than hear. The runes adorning the walls pulsed in sync with the rhythm of these vibrations, as if in conversation with the intruders, urging them deeper into the heart of the mystery.

Despite the ruin's beckoning call, the way forward was not straightforward. Crossroads and unexpected turns presented themselves, giving rise to the question of direction and purpose. Why were they here, and where were they meant to go?

The ruins withheld their answers, allowing the mystery to deepen. The sense of awe and curiosity was tinged with a sliver of apprehension. The group, having ventured into the unknown, were now ensnared within the enigma of the ruin. The party would need determination to uncover the secrets held within those ancient walls pushed them onward, deeper into the waiting silence.

As Deliverance applied his Magic Appraisal to the environment, his senses were flooded with the sheer intensity of the magic pulsating from the runes. This was no simple spellwork – it was an ancient, deep, and complex flow of energy that seemed to breathe life into the ruins. It felt as old as the world itself, maybe even older, like it was a part of the fundamental fabric of the universe.

The energy itself was non-hostile, yet extremely potent. It was intertwined with the very stones of the ruin, making them more than just inert matter. They were alive, in a sense, thrumming with the heartbeat of the mystical power that shaped and sustained them.

He could decipher that the runes were not just symbols. They were a form of language, a conduit through which the energy expressed itself. However, the specific nuances of that language were beyond his comprehension. It was akin to listening to a symphony in a language he didn't understand – beautiful and moving, but ultimately cryptic.

Despite this, Deliverance could sense the ebb and flow of the magic, how it responded to their presence. The ruin seemed to react to Siegfried's movements, to their collective presence, as if it was aware of them, guiding them further into its mysterious depths.

The magic also revealed a defensive aspect. The shifting and sealing of the entrance, the labyrinthine path within – these were the ruin's mechanisms of protection and seclusion. The magic didn't seem designed to harm, but to misdirect and confuse intruders, a labyrinth of sorts built not just physically but magically as well.

Deliverance's Magic Appraisal offered a glimpse into the profound and enigmatic nature of the ruin's magic, but the full understanding of its purpose and the secrets it held remained tantalizingly out of reach.

Deliverance

Mentions: Novama Novama | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae

“Thank you, I'll be right behind.” He answered, glad to have found someone that could would run into traps and dangers first. Perhaps he should see about hiring these knightly types more often. He wonder if the school had a budget or funding for that... but that was a question for another time.

These ruins... instantly played tricks on them, it seemed. Closing up behind them. “That... was not all that unexpected.” He mumbled. Of course it'd do a thing like that. Perhaps they should've notified someone they'd be entering this place first? Too late now. He'd best hope they would eventually open up again, somewhere, somehow, or he'd just walked into his tomb.

“It's a surprisingly intense magic, for how old it is.” He stated. “Almost like it's been here since the beginning of time.” He doubted that would be possible, but it certainly felt like it.

“With how much magic there's in these ruins, it was indeed correct to treat them as if alive, for this magic is sustaining them as if it were so.” He surmised, realising the others had been on the right track. “It's a shame I can't read what they're saying, as these ruins are beyond my comprehension.”

He hesitated. “It's clearly beckoning us to keep going. Yet why, for what... I do not know. We're walking straight into a maze, with these ruins themselves being the only thing that could have us leave it again, or chose to make this our tomb.” He words, ominous as they were, were spoken like the casual hypothesis of a scientist.

He turned to Siegried again. “I suggest we keep going and try to follow where these ruins lead us, hoping for their goodwill. I wouldn't know what else to do at the current moment.”

Genevieve Damaris
cs reference
mentions:
Elvario Elvario & Faynorae Faynorae & Novama Novama
(sorry for the absence! hopefully this will suffice <3 )​

"Follow behind me, I'll head in first!"
Brave optimism willed Genevieve to move her previously still hooves. Utter shock had left her in a state of awe, seemingly frozen in an inquisitive and awe-struck headspace. She hadn't any true expectations for the ruins, but it certainly wasn't the clear response that it gave the group.

She decided to follow behind Siegfried, barely noticing Deliverance's willingness to stay in the back. Naivety left her wanting to explore, and therefore, unaware of the potential of traps, or dangerous creatures. If anything, she saw this as a chance to fill her nature log with new magics and plant life. Her eager thoughts were only confirmed by the mage's ramblings of the age of the ruins.

"How exciting! Who knows what kind of life has been preserved in these walls!" Her palpable excitement was a stark contrast to the blonde's carefulness. Hesitation was clear in every word he spoke, so much so that she could feel his wariness from behind her.

“I suggest we keep going and try to follow where these ruins lead us, hoping for their goodwill. I wouldn't know what else to do at the current moment.” Deliverance always seemed to know what to say.. he seemed so official. It made the beastkind giggle a bit, her laughter echoing against the stone surrounding the trio. Before speaking up, Genevieve looked over her shoulder to Deliverance,

"Well, we asked the ruins for more details, and now.. I think they're telling us its own story the only way it knows how." For someone who was seemingly trapped within an all-ancient, sentient labyrinth, the alchemist held a rather intriguing sense of calm. "I trust them." She was sure, nodding in a matter-of-fact way before looking in front of her again. To many, this would show a clear sign of her youth, and lack of real-world experience. The young woman had much to learn.

"See anything interesting ahead, Siegfried? Oh-" She huffed, "I should sketch these runes!" With the clumsiness of an overly-eager explorer, she fumbled around for her charcoal and leather-bound sketchbook, quickly drawing out the ancient symbols surrounding the three. She abruptly stopped in her tracks, green eyes scanning the area carefully for any detail worth noting.

From frozen tears and warm dreams.

Step, step, step. One by one, each gentle step taken by the alleged knight held less than any anxiousness. Worry did not fall unto th'on, since Siegfried had no heart which wore fear for the strange or what is ancient. Once upon a time, he had been too, however, time would tell if he were to learn much from this seeming eventide. Siegfried didn't fret when the open passage closed, after all, it was impolite and dangerous to leave doors open to things unwelcome.

Now that they have taken themselves into this path, swathed in dark and scarce of light. The path would likely lead them someplace other, or so is what was believed by the one who was naive. After all, if there was a path there is a place it leads to or a place at which it meets an end, that is what the late unicorn had believed heartily.

The so-called knight would listen closely to what Genevieve and Deliverance had to say, however, he would stay mostly silent. After all, he preferred not to talk, for it was an awful sensation. Deliverance's words had caught the thoughts of Siegfried, the phrase 'beginning of time' held his mind. How old was the time? When had it even begun and will it meet an end? He'd bring himself to wonder, as he'd continue moving, not straight into a path forward, but somewhere.

Yes, somewhere. Even in this life, Siegfried was constantly walking to a place where he believed he was meant to find. Perhaps, at the end of these temperamental paves, he'd sooner or later meet the place where he meant to stay. Sooner or later, perhaps he'd stop this cumbersome walk.

Those were thoughts of another morning. Siegfried continued forth, unhesitant with each step. He was born from frozen tears to walk and was reborn again to continue, for it was simply his duty to do so. Genevieve's question pulled the monoceresque out from his thousand-yard stare into the deepness of the ruins' corridors and thoughtless movement forth; "I see nought," He'd reply bluntly. "Other than black and further paces forward, I assume." Said he, his tail's tip hooked with intrigue.

"Ah!" He'd utter after hearing Genevieve's other words regarding her need to sketch the ruins, "Do you draw? Is it possible for you to 'sketch' the colour of the pulsing vibrations?" He'd say, as the would-be knight began to further explain "The Ruins, they emit noises full of touch and colour every step we take. Do either of you perceive them as well?" Siegfried asked, continuing to move forward. "And Sir with the black robes," He'd address Deliverance, "I believe we are not walking into our tomb. Unwelcoming it may seem, I do not believe the Ruins would be so lively if it houses those who bear not a life in these planes." He'd positively reassure with a smile that was hard to see. Other than that, Siegfried continued to walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back