• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Aslan City] Converging Moments

Deliverance

UbuwlVM.jpg

Elysia Wentworth from Shiei no Sona-Nyl ~What a beautiful memories~
Mentions: Novama Novama | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa
Languages: Common | [Terran] | {Sylvan}

Truthfully, he was surprised by how enthusiast Genevieve was at this endeavour. She didn't seem weary of how badly this could go at all. To hear her say she trusted them was... naïve, but also. How strange. How would one describe that odd feeling that it gave him? Kind-off, like, nice, but also a bit worrying? Like, a reason to be annoyed, but an inability to truly be so? Seriously, what was up with these beasts and making him experience odd thoughts and feelings. Between the vixens and this one, he was getting increasingly confused.

He sighed. “Although there is absolutely no scientific basis on which to trust these ruins, I cannot fault you for doing so. After all, at the end of the day, I too entered these ruins and surrendered myself to whatever they might or might not do to us. I guess, in that regard, yours is the more reasonable position. To fully commit, rather than to enter in doubt.” Yes, after some thinking things through, that was the main conclusion he could reached.

However, at her next suggestion (even though not aimed at him) he perked up. “That would be an excellent idea. Even if some positions within this maze might shift and change, it might allow us to start comprehending some of its inner workings.”

As the question of Siegfried, he nodded. “I sense the sheer intensity of magic pulsating from the runes in this place, it's a complex flow of energy that I cannot seem to grasp. It is a little frustrating, for I'd love to research it, but currently find myself incapable of even starting such an endeavour.” Still, Siegfried's question made him wonder. “Are you, perhaps, a scholar in arcana matters as well?”

Genevieve Damaris
cs reference
mentions: Faynorae Faynorae & Elvario Elvario

fc515abf7090158ee56614c5fda0e3d7.jpg
The alchemist was already sketching out her surroundings as the two companions in front and behind her both conversed. Siegfried made an interesting observations about the way the magic seemed to react to their movements. "Do either of you perceive them as well?"

The question left her a bit stumped, looking back up and away from the piece of parchment. She could see the pulsing of the runes, but she hadn't seen the magic flowing in the colors he described. Was she missing something?

"No.. I sense the magic and see the runes pulsing, but.. I do not see these colors you speak of." Her previously excitable tone was replaced with one of curiosity and a hint of frustration. Maybe her bangs were in the way?

Abruptly, Genevieve closed the sketchbook, tucking it and the charcoal away before untying one of the ribbons that were wrapped around one of her pointed horns. She nimbly used this ribbing to tie back her bangs, revealing a pale, freckled forehead and pale green eyes. Thick brows furrowed in concentration as she finished her mundane task, tying the ribbon into a small bow before continuing to listen to Deliverance's observations.

She felt a little bit better after hearing that Deliverance also felt an ebb of frustration with not knowing much about the runes. If someone as knowledgeable as him was unsure, maybe it was best not to be so hard on herself. With a better view of the runes, she pulled out her sketchbook and charcoal once more, doing her best to capture as many details as her eyes can spot.

"I'm unsure about Siegfried, but I myself and attempting to learn about the Arcana!" She piped up, smiling down at her sketch. "I've only read a book or two, so I don't think I'm a scholar.. but I certainly am interested." The beast-woman admitted, "Maybe the ruins can help me discover a new kind of magic." After a few more moments, she decided that she had enough sketched out for now, and decidedly put away the book once more.

Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario leviohsa leviohsa
OOC: cathal dropped out. Leviohsa skip 1. Sorry for the delays. Think we will try to move faster if everyone can get posts in.
Weather: cool air, clear sky
Cooldown:
TLDR: The party wandered around in the tunnels until they stumbled upon a massive underground ruin even larger and more impressive than the one on the surface.
Post Listening:

Duchy - Aslan - Forest Ruin

1687317141859-png.1096097

Deeper still, the trio ventured into the heart of the ruins, the ominous stone passage swallowing their every footfall. Though Siegfried had led with a steady pace, the darkness about them seemed only to grow, a living void that fed on the distant flickering light behind them.

A moment's respite was claimed as Genevieve paused to record the arcane symbols adorning the walls, their inscriptions pulsating like a beating heart. Yet the labyrinth was not patient for interlopers, shifting and altering in response. The symbols under her touch shivered, leaving ghostly impressions of their once detailed art on her fingertips, and a rustle echoed, an unseen ripple through the heart of the ancient construct.

Whilst Deliverance murmured theories and Siegfried peered into the depths of the labyrinth, the ground beneath them subtly shifted, and a low, near-inaudible hum resonated through the floor. Whether this was a response to their continued intrusion or the ruins' sentient guidance, none could be sure.

The magic Deliverance sensed grew thicker, an almost viscous presence clinging to their every movement. It was not hostile, but undeniably alien, a relic from an era where magic ran wild and untamed. His eyes would note the now faintly-glowing glyphs, their light a spectral blue that pulsed in time with the unseen heartbeat of the ruin.

Unseen by the trio, the walls behind them began to close, the stone grinding together with an echoing finality. There was no turning back now. They were at the mercy of the ruins, their path forward the only one available.

Just ahead, in the distance, an arc of light began to seep into their path. The meandering tunnel started to open into what seemed like a cavernous expanse. Faint outlines of towering structures, perhaps ancient columns or monuments, started to appear in their vision. An air of profound antiquity washed over them, and the weight of countless forgotten years pressed upon their shoulders. What secrets did this ruin hold? What story did it yearn to tell?

As the echoes of the past swirled around them, a solemn hush fell over the group. They were in the belly of the mystery now, adventurers lost in a tale written before their current world's memory. While going back now would be difficult, only they could choose to move themselves forward into what was ahead.

Deliverance

Mentions: Novama Novama | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa

He was pleasantly surprised when Genevieve turned out to be interested in the arcane as well. “Perhaps you might wish to seek out the Ethereal Luminary as well, in the capital. I've learned they are surprisingly open and supporting to those that they deem to have enough promise, regardless of their background, status or wealth.”

Still, he did wonder, these ruins uncovering a new kind of magic? “It would be possible in theory, though to me, it seems likelier they might deepen our understanding of existing magic. These are old, so they magic mechanisms within them might be predecessors of what we currently use. We might be looking at some of the fundamental building blocks with which our modern day systems of magic are built! Truly, whilst I still hypothesize that all magic stems from the Ethereal itself, I would not mind spending some time and effort to further analyse these ruins for the sources of their magic.” He'd gotten rather excited again, now that the topic was back to magic.

That's when he recalled something he could totally do! “If you'd want me to, I could possibly try to teach you some things? I've never taught another before, but I am willing to try it. After having been taught much at the Ethereal Luminary, I should be able to pass on some of that knowledge, at least.” Yes, if he'd ever want to do such a thing, a [beast] character would easily be the most suitable to teach. After all, nearly all of the [beasts] he'd interacted with thus far had been very pleasant people to engage with. He truly was turning into a furry.

As for the ruins themselves, their journey took them deeper still. “Is it just me, or is it getting unnaturally dark?” He'd question the other two. It was a little concerning.

Truthfully, feeling the strength of this magic and its ancientness was slowly getting him more and more hyped to meet the source of it, whatever it'd be. So much so, in fact, that he didn't even mind the point of no return announcing itself by the walls and tunnels closing up behind them. Entering the expanse was baffling. “This is even more stunning that I might have anticipated...” He mumbled. Still, he had to focus, as he tried to see if he could figure out where the magic was trying to guide them. Getting lost in this place probably wouldn't be ideal.

Genevieve Damaris
cs reference
mentions: (direct) Elvario Elvario (indirect) Novama Novama & Faynorae Faynorae

fc515abf7090158ee56614c5fda0e3d7.jpg
As someone who had not yet traveled to the capital, Genevieve had not heard of this Luminary place until Deliverance spoke of it. Was it a school of some kind? Either way, it was certainly something she would have to look into once she found her way out of the ruins and back into the world.

She kept walking as the human continued to theorize, noticing the rather visible excitement in the man's voice and demeanor. His energy made her smile gently, since it was not often that she was met with people who shared her enthusiasm for magic and the arcane. It almost made her miss his incredible offer,

“If you'd want me to, I could possibly try to teach you some things? I've never taught another before, but I am willing to try it. After having been taught much at the Ethereal Luminary, I should be able to pass on some of that knowledge, at least.” The beastwoman's eyes lit up at the thought of her learning more about the arcane, since she had no tutor besides a few books for beginners and raw experience.

She nodded quickly, braids bouncing along with her, "I'd love that! I'm afraid I only know basics, and I'm still a novice to the arcane. Any bit of advice or tutelage will always be appreciated! Oh gosh, thank you!" The friendly young woman couldn't contain her gratitude, outstretching her arms to pull the unsuspecting human into a tight hug.

It was quick, pulling back only a moment or so later. Nevertheless, the action would look a bit over the top to anyone else. Was it truly that big of a deal for her to maybe learn a thing or two about the arcane? For Gen, it was. Not many magic-wielding humans gave the cow-beast a chance to even speak with them, let alone spend some time to learn about the unknown magics of the world. His act of kindness was refreshing amongst the sea of glares and snide comments thrown her way.

However, this exciting news wasn't enough to distract her from the obvious: The Ruins are showing them something new. It brought a hush amongst the group, and it left Genevieve speechless for a few moments, until Deliverance spoke up once more.

“This is even more stunning that I might have anticipated...”

The alchemist certainly agreed. So much antiquity leaves her to wonder who, or what, built this place? Who was truly guiding them? Unlike Deliverance's cautious nature, the ginger-haired woman simply approached one of the many pillars, running her freckled fingers along the stone to feel for any runes similar to those she had sketched out.

"I wonder if the story of the ruins could possibly be inscribed. I have heard stories of people using stone inscriptions to keep their legacy persistent through time." The woman simply thought out loud, interested by this all-mysterious labrynth.

Deliverance

Mentions: Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa

Finding a fellow lover of the arcane was great, so he happily nodded at her enthusiasm. “It would be my plea...” His voice cut short when he was suddenly pulled into a hug. His mind shut down instantly. Then it rebooted. Just what the isekai hell was happening? Why was she grabbing him like that? What kind of weird custom was this? Was this a [beast] thing he hadn't yet learned about? It didn't feel like she was trying to hurt him, at least, which was great, as he wasn't eager to have to use magic against her.

Yet... if she wasn't trying to hurt him, then what did she try to obtain by this... thing? “Ehm... can... I... help you..?” He asked, uncertain of what else he could say or do at this stage. Then she pulled back. Wait! Of course. He heard of this before. He checked his pockets, realising she must've taken something from him. Pickpocketing was definitely a thing he'd heard about. Normally, it wasn't a concern to him, as there was nothing they could steal from him, but now that he'd been an honours student, he actually had a few things of some worth on him... yet they were all still there. Did she not find what she wanted to steal whilst pulling him in? “Was there something you wanted from me?” He figured he might as well straight-up ask her. “I'd rather give it than have it taken, though.” He explained.

As for his 'tutor-age', he knew where to start. “Are you familiar with Appraisal? It is a possess normally done through black orbs used by guards, but some are naturally capable of it. If you'd allow me, it would help me see more of what you might be capable off. ” He said, using Magic Appraisal E on her and, now that he was at it, using Magic Appraisal D on the environment and ruins, to see if anything had changed about it by now.

Magic Appraisal E – Magic E, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.

Magic Appraisal D – Magic D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

Colours in the dark, hexagons in your eyes.

• Mentions ~ Novama Novama | Elvario Elvario [Deliverance] | leviohsa leviohsa [Genevieve]​
    Step, step, step. The pattern continued... or was it even a pattern? The eerie dark which presented itself before him did not come into question for Siegfried. The would-be knight would listen to Deliverance's words attentively. The way in which Deliverance spoke made little sense to someone like Siegfried. Although, he did try his best to comprehend what the mage was trying to communicate.

He'd listen without speaking while Deliverance replied to his previous question to the beastwoman. He found it quite impressive, he didn't know much about the robe wearer, however, he seemed quite knowledgable and attuned to magic. It made the monocerous feel a sort of comfort, although what did cause him to speak was Deliverance's question. Siegfried thought about it for a few long moments while walking forth, in that time Genevieve was able to reply about her own interest in the arcane.

The fact that the long-haired beastwoman did not seem to perceive the colours that he had mentioned did not bother him all that much. The so-called 'knight' believed quickly that it may have just been his own perception of the ruin's pulsing. Seeing colour upon hearing sound or feeling vibrations, perhaps that was but just his own way of describing those senses. Although... Colour sight is far from a stag's best ability.

"No." Said Siegfried, quite bluntly. "Although it may interest me, it seems ordinary--" He'd breathe and remember to blink, and an exhausted sigh would leave him. "I am no scholar. Their practices, although honourable, seem too tedious. However, learning the arcane does align with my goals, so to say." Siegfried would say, he tried to soften his tone a bit so as to not sound so impudent.

The sudden dark that was seemingly enveloping them did not bother Siegfried all that much, he figured that it was likely the Ruin's way of omitting the chance to leave it. He didn't understand why it was so intent on not letting them return from whence they came. Either way, he had to move forward, that was all he could do as of current... And perhaps talk a bit more? Ugh.

He'd listen closely to what Deliverance and Genevieve communed. The Ethereal Luminary? What is that supposed to be? The 'knight' would think to himself. It was in the capital, so it was likely a place he had never been to before; Although it seemed that the mage thought quite fondly of it. The air somehow felt less breathable... It was strange. The black-robed one's enthusiasm was somewhat contagious however, he felt slightly interested in... Whatever it is that Deliverance was talking so optimistically about.

It was then that he heard the beastwoman's excitement, which was then followed by Deliverance's uttermost confusion. The monocerous couldn't believe what he was hearing, he'd turn to look at the situation first-hand. "Pft--" Looking at it, Siegfried could not help but chuckle, which turned into a muted laughter that he'd have tried his best to hold. His stomach felt slightly sore.

Once he was done, he'd chime in. "Sir with the black robes, I believe what just occurred now was a hug." He'd state, "'Tis a gesture of affection, gratitude, excitement or general kinship done by those who are close." He explained, "Sometimes 'tis also a method of comforting someone who is distressed or sad. The children at the orphanage were often told to 'Hug it out' when they got into fights. I do not believe Ma'am with the yellow clothes meant to take anything on your person. It is nice to see that you two are getting along." Siegfried added, gently smiling before turning around and continuing to walk forward. Although saying that Genevieve's clothing was yellow was far from accurate...

He felt quite happy all of a sudden. That adorable event made Siegfried feel a lot more comfortable in these caverns. The tip of Siegfried's tail swayed in anticipation of what lies ahead of this newfound light, the shifting glows and glyphs. That soundless hum was fluttering to Siegfried, he didn't understand it. Perhaps these unfamiliar Ruins and the ancient magic which made them breathe were not as familiar as he'd first perceived. Perhaps, they could have answers, perhaps the Ruin's story could reveal something that may aid his goals.

It seemed that even both Genevieve and Deliverance were noticing the changes in their surroundings, but was that not expected? The changes around them were as subtle as they were brazen. The beastwoman had also proposed an interesting thought. "If it were to be inscribed, I believe we would not be capable of comprehending them," Siegfried would say, "After all, the Ruins seemed to have been in slumber for a time much longer than ours, and thus, has a means of communicating far unlike ours..." The monocerous's eyes gazed at the 'walls' around them, seeing if he'd notice anything. He likely wouldn't with such stunted eyes, but it did not hurt to try. "Although, it'd pique interest to witness the language of that which is far more than ancient." He'd add with a positive tone.

Between twists, turns and the many mysterious questions that a small party of adventurers had encountered in the midst of their shared goal of exploring the Aslan Ruins, it was an unexpected announcement that while they were the first today to enter for their various reasons, they would certainly not be the last. Such oddity came not from neither man or beast, but rather a woman who had acquired both features from birth; a kitsune woman who had finally found herself at the Ruin's entrance after a bit of a lonesome trek.

'Phew... please do take a mental note next time, Diane. Make an effort to perform more cardio exercises in your spare time. You may very well be a scholar, but traversing through the likes of a library or an academy hall simply isn't categorized or considered to be 'helpful exercise' for when you find yourself in the thick of field work.' Such a woman had thought to herself, relief that she had finally reached her much-desired destination.

That woman, Diane Duste, in spite of her eloquent tone of speech as well as her odd dress sense, felt right in her element in the middle of a new adventure. While sure, she was neither a soldier or a sorceress, her vast knowledge of history was a vital skill that instead highlighted her as an Assistant Professor of Archaeology in the Ethereal Academy. And like any teacher worth their salt - assistant or otherwise - one needed to care for the students of the Academy. In Diane's case, it was but half of the reason why she rushed to the chance to explore the Ruins, the other half being that of any scholar's desire to learn.

Her heels clacked to a halt against the stones which littered to the ground as she proceeded to unravel the notice that she was given,. 'Missing Student - Deliverance. Reward to those whom provide credible information of his whereabouts, more so if he is discovered alive.' With a light wiggle of her kitsune tail, it was at that point that Diane mentally planned what she wanted to do for her new quest of sorts.

'Goal No. # 1 - Search for evidence of Deliverance's location.'
'Goal No. # 2 - Uncover more secrets of these Ruins.'
'Goal No. # 3 - Remind one's self to get more notebook paper once this job is complete. Recording my findings is such a pain in the tail without the appropriate writing material...'

With her goals in mind, an adjustment of her glasses and a firm nod, she'd then set off to do what an archaeologist did best. Whipping out her notepad, which she was running fairly low on pages, as well as a quill, she delved forward into the ruins as she recorded her findings. It wasn't before long that she ended up with a few snippets of knowledge that quickly came as a result of prior experience, both practical from her own previous adventures, and theoretical thanks to many hours spent studying.

Upon closer inspection of one of the walls, highlighting what appeared to be runic symbols humming of a light magical force, she'd perk a thin eyebrow.

"Curious." Diane then spoke out aloud, positively baffled but feeling her heartbeat race a little in excitement. "It appears that while these structures are that of a civilization that very much was from an era before ours... very likely before the existence of the Western Empires. Yet the runic structures contain magic... this is most truly a suspicious discrepancy of data! Ruins of this era wouldn't normally be charged with any form of mana... this demands further investigation."

With her eagerness to uncover the truth ever so growing at the idea of another new discovery, Diane's lonesome search continued, this time looking to get any reaction out of the runes around the ruins. Some she had attempted to push onto gently like a pressure plate, some she had symbols noted and highlighted in the strange magical lights and others she peered at, using her eye for detail to notice anything that might have solved the puzzle before her...

User Mentions: Novama Novama

Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario leviohsa leviohsa NimbusWing NimbusWing
OOC: cathal dropped out. Leviohsa skip 1. Nearly there. Let's see how the ending will play out.
Weather: cool air with moving breeze
Cooldown:
TLDR: The party is united with a duchy assistant professor diane. together they bare witness to an underground magical city with a threatening light at its center. Feelings of being watched and thoughts of stasis or time magic abound.
Post Listening:

Pre Era Ruin ???

1690335414160.png

Our group of intrepid explorers huddled together on the precipice of an underground metropolis. Its skyscrapers, swallowed by the eerie radiance below, seemed to reflect and play with the luminescent currents flowing upward. And at the heart of the city, a monstrous funnel of light gorged itself on any detritus foolish enough to stray too close.

Deliverance's appraisal spell would take shape and give him a revelation. His mind was a maze of celestial diagrams and spectral currents as he would be fed the information to the magical resonances surrounding them. To the uninitiated, it would seem as if he were staring into the void, yet he was perusing the very essence of the ancient city. Slowly, a narrative emerged from the echoes of the spellwork that held this place in its time-frozen grip. It was a magic of preservation, to keep the city intact and untouched by the ages, perhaps a sanctuary or a final act of desperation, or perhaps it was the accident of another magic that tinkered with time itself. Either way, it spoke of a formidable magic, the likes of which were scarcely seen even in the most ancient of tomes.

Meanwhile, Diane, had been busying herself with the pedestal beside her that was covered in suspicious patterns. The stone structure was low and wide, grooves and runes weaving a delicate pattern across its surface. She ran her fingers along the cold stone, tracing the paths of the runes. Her touch seemed to awaken something in the pedestal. A soft light began to flicker beneath her fingertips, resonating with the same ancient magic that Deliverance was sensing.

As Diane touched a final rune, the entire pedestal shuddered beneath her hands. Its surface erupted in a halo of blinding light in the eyes of the party. When they dared to look again, they found that the pedestal had transformed. The stone had rearranged itself, revealing a complex system of levers and dials that were previously concealed. The air seemed to crackle with anticipation, their next move feeling more significant than ever.

From the depths of the city, a low hum began to resonate. The funnel of light pulsed rhythmically, echoing the arcane heartbeat of the metropolis. The city, lost in time, was not so lost after all, and their presence had not gone unnoticed. As the echoes of the past intertwined with the mysteries of the present, the pull that would draw them toward the center of the city was slowly becoming more intense.

In the midst of their explorations, a sudden prickle of unease snaked its way up Siegfried's spine. Genevieve, would also have a feeling of alarm. Despite the vast panorama of the city sprawled before them, they could see no other soul, and yet they were gripped by an inescapable feeling of being watched, of other presences lurking unseen in the spectral cityscape. The city’s skyscrapers, lost in an ethereal haze, echoed not with emptiness but with a quiet murmur that seemed to whisper of countless unseen watchers. It was as if a veil separated them from an audience they could sense but not see, an audience which held its collective breath as they intruded upon this ancient, magical stage. The eerie sensation of these unseen multitudes would leave the pair with a chill that permeated deeper than the cold, underground air, a chill born of the unnerving dance between the known and the unseen.

Deliverance

Mentions: Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Diane NimbusWing NimbusWing

Oddly enough, Deliverance felt a bit insulted by what Siegfried said. “If you truly want to learn more about the arcane, you have to learn how to deal with things that might seem tedious. Otherwise you might continuously act without truly knowing.” He replied in kind, attempting to be polite, but clearly being offended that his entire passion was written off as 'ordinary' and uninteresting.

That said, the mood would soon change when Siegfried explained what had just occurred. “A hug?” He'd ask, a bit baffled. Mentally, he was checking the boxes. He wasn't sure why she'd show him affection out of the blue, he wasn't sure what she had to be grateful for or excited about, nor did he have a sense of general kinship with her. So then, why? He wasn't distressed or sad either, nor was he a kid getting into fights. All in all, this was beyond his comprehension. “I think you might be wrong.” He just stated, but he didn't feel like explaining his reasoning further. This wasn't too important, after all, they had magical ruins to check out.

“No matter how old they are, all languages should have some pattern to them. With time and effort, it should be possible to eventually translate and comprehend it.” He countered Siegfried, sounding fairly convinced of himself, even though he wasn't necessarily claiming he personally had the skills to do so. He was at least convinced it'd be possible.

That said, right now, they had something far more impressive to deal with. “To think there could be an entire city like this...” He spoke in amazement. He wasn't even sure where to start looking around for information. However, his appraisal was helping him there. “The magic here has been working to keep this city intact. Somehow, it stopped time in this place, or at least, for this city.” He shared his revelation with the others.

He'd have rejoiced about his findings a bit longer, were it not for some sort of puzzle being set off. On the one hand, he felt drawn closer to the centre of this city. On the other, it didn't seem like ignoring these levers would be a clever option. “Let's try figuring out what these do.” He suggested, as he'd use his Magic Appraisal (Mostly the Academia and Arcana parts) on them and on whatever gave him the feeling that someone or something was watching him (mostly the Sixth Sense [Spirit] part.)

Magic Appraisal D – Magic D, Magic Range F, Magic Targets F, Appraisal E, Academia F, Arcana F, Focus F, Sixth Sense [Spirit] F – Character uses magic to appraise up to 5 targets within 30 ft, with a special focus on arcana and academic elements. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

Mentions: Faynorae Faynorae Elvario Elvario leviohsa leviohsa NimbusWing NimbusWing
OOC: cathal dropped out. Leviohsa skip 2. fay skip 1. nimbus skip 1. We can have 1 or 2 more rounds. I'll know based on your posting activity.
Weather: cool air with moving breeze
Cooldown:
TLDR: while the rest of the party is awestruck by the ruin, Deliverance makes some additional discoveries.
Post Listening:

Pre Era Ruin ???

1690335414160-png.1104609

Deliverance's eyes, with the aid of his unique appraisal ability, darted across the strange levers and dials on the control panel. This mysterious mechanism seemed to be more than a simple control for the platform. Intricately connected to the fabric of the city, it was a part of something far larger, something ancient and well-guarded. The air tingled with magic, a dance of energies that Deliverance could perceive but not fully understand. A pattern began to emerge in his mind, like a puzzle slowly coming together.

As the others stared awestruck at the underground city's grandeur, Deliverance felt an unsettling sensation, a spectral chill that crawled up his spine. It was as if unseen eyes were watching them. His sixth sense, tuned to the ethereal, sensed a presence—or rather, presences—hovering near them. He was not empathic enough to note their nature, but there was the intuitive sense that perhaps they were protective of the secrets held within the city's depths.

His mind focused on the control panel again, his appraisal revealing its ability to manipulate not just the platform but possibly other parts of the city. A twinge of understanding nudged at the edge of his consciousness. These ruins weren't just a dead relic of a bygone era; they were a living, breathing entity, preserved in time and guarded by those who once called it home.

The platform shuddered slightly, reacting to Diane's earlier meddling. It was responsive, awaiting command. But Deliverance would know that the wrong move could be perilous. The city was like a sleeping giant, and they were but ants walking upon its back.

The mystery of the ruin had deepened, and they were now faced with a choice: to delve further into the unknown or to retreat. But the allure of the city, with its tantalizing secrets and eerie beauty, was irresistible. The path ahead was fraught with danger, some of it clearly visible as a white distortion tore through the downtown area, but it was a path they knew they must take if they wanted more answers.

Deliverance

Mentions: Genevieve leviohsa leviohsa | Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Diane NimbusWing NimbusWing

Absolute and total fascination took over when he started appraising all these levers and dials. He barely even recalled being here as a group (though not that the others had given him much reason to recall their existence). Either way, he mumbled to himself. “These must somehow control the entire city... why did it lead us there then..?” Why? Of course! “To use it, of course.” He answered his own question, a slight smile forming upon his lips. To tinker with the ancient arcana! What an amazing right and privilege!

However, just as he felt like the puzzle was falling into place, he sensed something a big more off. Some sort of protective spectres had surrounded them. “{Don't worry, I'll be respectful.}” He'd speak to the spectres, assuming they were more likely to understand Sylvan than Common or Terran, if they'd be able to understand him at all. Otherwise, perhaps they'd just sense his intentions, with some luck.

His attention returned to the dials and levers. He wanted to explore more of this. “{Please, guide my hand.}” He'd speak, as he reached out to the spectre's with his [Magic Appraisal], hoping to feel some sort of signal, like a pull, in the right direction of what he should or shouldn't press or pull on this panel, backed up by his own Academia and Arcana knowledge. If he were to succeeded to get an idea, he'd pull, push or activate it without reservations (unless someone were to stop him first).

Awful

• Mentions ~ Novama Novama | Elvario Elvario [Deliverance] | leviohsa leviohsa [Genevieve] | NimbusWing NimbusWing [Diane]​
    How strange, thought the monocerous. For he, to think that Deliverance found offence in his thoughts was quite unexpected. Deliverance was a mage, or so the would-be knight believed, and from what Siegfried knew, mages were those who were adept in magic and scholars of the arcane. Would it not make sense that they'd find magic ordinary? In this place of magic, was it not just a normal occurrence? He could not verily understand.

Once the group had stepped into the light, that felt as if it were piercing Siegfried's eyes. He'd stare with widened eyes at what was before him, he would even find himself a slightly bit shaken, his eyes glinted staring into what was like a beacon before him.

Awful. Yes, that was what it was. Siegfried stared, his gaze being overwhelmed with an illustrious gleam which set aglow to everything surrounding them. Although, was it truthfully that it had just seemingly unobscured their surroundings which were scarcely lit? Was this place even truly here to begin with? Something seemingly as large as this, beaming with a beacon of light... Were they truly underground? Siegfried did not remember seeing any light as magnificently bright as this exempt for that circle in the sky outside of the ruins.

The so-called knight listened well to Deliverance's words, from what the black-donned mage had explained, it seemed as if this place decided to stop following the movements of time of this world. It made sense, if the bodies of some creatures in this world could live forever unaging like thoughts, then so too did it make sense that buildings or cities could live untouched by the fingers of time. At least that is what Siegfried had thought.

"I see." He'd reply to Deliverance, smiling. This place which surrounded the group felt so new somehow. "...to adopt a new perspective," He'd remark in silence, turning to the group. "Since we have traversed safely, I judge that this is more attuned to all of your abilities." Said he referring to the group. As he'd turn to gaze at all the seemingly 'sky' reaching buildings before them. He'd wonder just how these things could have been built... Although, it felt quite empty.

It was as empty as it felt uncomfortable. It was as if although he knew things were likely to have thrived within here at one point, they were no longer here. Despite that, it was as if he was being stared at. Usually, he'd care not for being watched, however here it felt concerning. How truly bizarre it was.

With dame's violet eyes, the former monoceros would watch as Deliverance did whatever it is he does when he stands still staring at things trying to grasp what the mentioned mage was trying to accomplish. It was then that he'd spoken up after mumbling, seemingly to himself. "What is it Sir with the black robes? Are these sticks of importance?" Siegfried would ask gesturing to the levers and the contraption in general, with a face showing visible bemusement, not catching what Deliverance had been uttering to himself just moments prior.

Siegfried listened to Deliverance as he seemed to begin speaking some sort of odd language... or was he singing a song? Why so suddenly was he singing? The assumed knight stared. Siegfried lacked the necessary skills to actually help or perceive what it was that Deliverance was doing but unless it were to bring danger to the group, he'd let the mage do whatever it was that he was doing.

"Sir, are you trying to communicate with someone?" He'd ask, looking around trying to gather if there was something, or someone, here that they hadn't noticed prior exempt for their new friend, Diane. From what he could tell as of current, there was not anyone near that he'd possess the capability to see. Siegfried sighed. Then blinked.

The monocerous would place his gaze upon the odd contraption that Deliverance was inspecting. He watched in anticipation as Deliverance would seemingly begin to interact with it. For now, he'd trust that Deliverance knew what he was doing, or at least, was being guided by some sort of fortunate force or higher sense. His self-appointed job was to protect the group, so Siegfried kept an eye out for anything that may act as a threat to anyone... Although he'd doubt that anything physical was going to threaten to harm them.

As time she had spent learning, tinkering and understanding the multiple facets of history continued to prove itself kind to the lonesome Diane thanks to a result of her prior research and knowledge, it was obvious that she would eventually end up progressing forward, even if it was but a mere touch. By that moment, as she was continuing to poke, prod and play around with the runic stones which littered the ruins, such progress made itself clear.

The dragging of stones and the rumbling of old mechanisms became present in Diane's sensitive kitsune ears as she turned and smiled. It was a step forward in the right direction, and she damn well knew that her studies were paying themselves off fairly as the fruits of her labor revealed themselves. A passageway from the entrance of the ruin, with an exit that plunged deeper through mysterious grounds.

"... I knew it!" Diane exclaimed with a proud smile and hands on her hips, clearly showing some appreciation for work well done, even if it was her own. Perhaps she was a little too overwhelmed by the idea of a new discovery, but she knew it was far from a moment for her just to catch her breath. Almost immediately did the suited beastkin dive straight into the secret passage that loomed before her, weaving through the corridor effortlessly.

- - -

Eventually, Diane's traversal through the ruins met another stopping point - this time not deliberately, but as the result of visions of surprising beauty. The looming and mystical city before her. Once she moved past the halls, it was only natural that she would then uncover the efforts of the original party who had went as far as to seek the secrets of the ruins for their own separate purposes.

And it was at that moment that Diane felt herself underneath its mercy, the assisting archaeology professor whipping out her notepad and writing implements as she tried to even comprehend the existence of such a structure.

"This... this goes beyond anything that could simply just be written...! An entire city underneath the remains of a lost civilization... I thought that there would be answers that would be solved but... I'm only left with more questions! How could this even be conceived? What caused the magic to appear in the first place? Just who exactly could be behind its creation, and for what distinctive purpose? Oh my, I simply cannot contain myself... keep it together, Diane..."

Perhaps she was a little too loud in noting her sudden discoveries, but it was at this moment that it felt like Diane was undergoing the discovery of a lifetime. It was one thing that this was a place that predated her known civilizations, it was another that she knew that the magics present were not native originally. But the fact that under these ruins housed such a finding was more than enough to warrant her errant notetaking.

User Mentions: Novama Novama | Faynorae Faynorae | Elvario Elvario | leviohsa leviohsa

OOC: cathal dropped out. Leviohsa dropped out. fay skip 1. nimbus skip 1. Last round. Post as you like. I'll cap it in a week or whenever we feel ready.
Weather: warm and comforting
Cooldown:
TLDR: Party of 3 is whisked into the blinding white light at the center of the city. They wake up at the entrance of the ruin with no sign that anything they witnessed or experienced had actually happened with few exceptions.
Post Listening:

Pre Era Ruin ???

1690335414160-png.1104609

There was an uncanny silence that persisted atop the platform. The once bustling echoes of the ruin seemed to have dulled. A gentle hum resonated, its origins almost undetectable. For Deliverance, this place was more than just a mere ruin – it was a riddle, wrapped in the very essence of arcane.

Upon closer examination of the control panel, a particular lever seemed to beckon him. It was as if it had a life of its own, urging him to grasp it. And so, without much contemplation, he did. Or did he? The moment his fingers brushed the lever, it seemed to move of its own volition, and the platform jerked, setting itself into motion.

The world around them seemed to meld and warp as the platform spiraled toward the enigmatic luminescence at the city's core. The party would experience a primal apprehension mingled in with whatever else they may feel. The light was so blinding that it felt almost tangible, like a force pulling them closer.

And then, nothingness.

When they awoke, the sun's gentle rays caressed their faces. The sky overhead was a soft cerulean, clouds leisurely drifting by. They found themselves outside the ruins, the foreboding darkness and mysterious glyphs that had previously marked their descent now absent. The surroundings were eerily tranquil, a stark contrast to the electric tension they had just experienced.

Diane quickly noted the lack of the search and rescue camps that had accompanied her. No remnants of prior expeditions, no signs of their recent journey. It was as if they'd been plucked from one reality and deposited into another.

It was as if the ruin wished to keep its secrets and cast them out.

Deliverance would have reason to wonder if they had truly been inside the city or if it was all just a grand illusion crafted by the ruins themselves. Had the city granted them a glimpse into its heart only to then shield its mysteries from them once more? Any notes taken by the party while supposedly in the ruin were still present, however.

The trio, now amidst the stones of a bygone era, were left with more questions than answers. The ruins remained, stoic and inscrutable, holding onto its enigmas and ensuring that its tales were whispered only to those truly chosen to listen.

1686281300982-png.1093160

Unbeknownst to Diane - who was busy messing about with her various scribbles, scrawling and scribe-work of the notepad she so enthusiastically wrote upon - a strange interference seemed to tangle around with her surroundings. Walls warped, the floor rose and shrunk, and lights flickered and blinked with rapid excitement. And then, much to the archaeologist's extremely brief surprise, she'd experience a new oddity. One which had definitely not had been of her own interferences, but of those possibly more... otherworldly.

Diane would fall to the ground, her mind temporarily losing its grip of her feeble body, with whatever force seeking to protect its secrets, knocking her out effortlessly and letting her fall to the will of forces beyond even her potential understanding. She was powerless.

- - -

When Diane came to, it was the familiar sounds of the ruins that gently woke her up. Dew falling off of trees, the gentle chirp of an avian creature high in the sky, the whistling of wind that shook the younger trees gently. One of her ears would wiggle... before the other did. Then Diane's eyes opened slowly, discovering herself laying down on the ground as if she was sleeping on the stone floor.

"... Huh? My word... now this is odd."

Slowly, she recovered from her daze and regained her bearings, before she recounted what she had before just in case one were to pilfer and loot. And then she noticed it, or rather, who. It had taken a little while for her to realize thanks to her mental state being fixated on the grand world of archaeology that she taught and studied, but as it turned out, she wasn't alone, or at least, not in a way she expected. Before her were two other people. One being a graceful, knightly individual, and the other clearly looking familiar, at least according to a note she studied prior. The man of whom she was searching for, Deliverance.

Of course, this required the assistant archeology professor to prepare herself for an actual conversation, even if she might have been a little too pedantic. An adjustment of her glasses, a retying of the cute bow around her neck, and a straightening of the clearly odd suit she wore, complete with pink and white candy-striped piping. Nevertheless, even if her clashing attire and color scheme leaved much to be desired from an actual fashion standpoint, she felt she presented herself well.

"Ahem! Finally, somebody else to share information with!" Diane pleasantly exclaimed, a clacking of heels against stone signaling her approach as she dared not beat around the bush. "First of all, introductions - Diane Duste, Assisting Archaeology Professor of the Ethereal Academy and history aficionado. I've come here for two select purposes, the first being to uncover the truth behind this place, and the second for a certain student who may have found themselves here." Her ears wiggled gently as she turned her head to Deliverance and nodded with a gentle smile.

"To be frank, I was possibly a little foolish to not recognize either of your presence as I had researched, but the call of history beckoned me like a simple animal to food. I may have recalled signs of travel to the ruins, footsteps, wear and tear, and whatnot, which was what led me here. For example..."

The slow but graceful gait of a scholar marked itself in Diane as she walked over to where she thought were some tracks. A wagon being pulled through, tearing through the ground and leaving miniscule dirt canyons in its wake. But there was nothing. If anything, upon a further inspection, Diane's search would lead into well... just that. Absolutely nothing.

Whatever had happened prior. Any traces of travel, any hints that somebody else was present in the area, was wiped clean off of the face of the ruin. In sheer surprise, Diane was left with only a puzzling expression that crossed her face.

"... Nothing. But... how could this be? I was certain I could recall arriving with the assistance of the search & rescue camp that had accompanied me... this is more than just a mere befuddlement of the mind, it has to be! Something is most certainly amiss..."

User Mentions: Novama Novama | Faynorae Faynorae | Elvario Elvario

Last edited:
Deliverance

Mentions: Siegfried Faynorae Faynorae | Diane NimbusWing NimbusWing

“Yes.” He'd answered Siegfried's question as shortly as possible, too distracted otherwise to spent more thoughts or words on the matter. These sticks were of importance. Greatly so. As for the second question... “Yes.” Was his reply. He was indeed trying to communicate with someone. Perhaps asking Deliverance yes or no questions whilst he was focussing wasn't the best idea if you wanted something more concrete.

Sadly enough, all his tampering and trying didn't amount to nothing. Of course he'd been wildly excited when he got pulled into the great light, but when he found himself dropped back off at the surface, he realised it'd just been an exist... or maybe just a stop? He wasn't sure, as he wondered if this had all just been an illusion to begin with or not. There was certainly magic of it. Perhaps it's shown them its past? Whatever it had been, it was gone now. “That is a shame, I was hoping to study this a lot more...” He sighed.

That's when he realised Siegfried had been asking things. “Ah, I'm sorry, you asked me things, did you not? I was a little distracted. I believed there to be spirits nearby, to whom I attempted to reach out.” He explained.

That's when he noticed another, whom looked vaguely familiar. When she started talking, he figured out why. He must've seen her at the academy. He also realised why he barely recognised her. Not only was she just an assistant, she was also in a subject he cared little for. Other than these magical ruins, he cared nothing about archaeology. After all, ruins were rarely as ethereal as these had been. “Deliverance, student at the Ethereal Luminary.” He replied. Wait... what was that second part? He turned to Siegfried. Was Siegfried a student in the Ethereal Luminary as well? How peculiar. Perhaps it was a case of beasts looking after their own? Either way, he figured he'd not interrupt whatever they had going.

Then again, perhaps the woman was just a little confused, after what had occurred. She seemed to be talking about search and rescue efforts and whatnot, which all seemed like pointless mumbling to him. “No offence, but perhaps you require a bit of rest? We've been through a rather magic-heavy experience just now, after all.” He'd state, trying to sound friendly. “That said, I've yet to finish my actual assignment here, I still need to collect some of the flora here.”

He'd turn to Siegfried and Diana again. “It's been a pleasure meeting you. Perhaps we'll meet again, one day, but for now, I should go finish my assignment and return to the academy. I doubt they'd miss me, but it won't look good on my records if I vanish for too long.” He said, giving a bow for a goodbye and turning around to head into the treelines to go find the plants he'd actually been here for.

"Fare thee well," with a smile warm.

• Deliverance's unwavering focus on the strange contraption would lead the mage to give quite the blunt answers to the former unicorn. In soothe, however, a question straight to the point was better than an answer which is long and frivolous, although, any answer was better than being flat-out ignored. That is what Siegfried would think in the least. What made the would-be knight's eyes widen and sparkle was that Deliverance had the ability to perceive what he could not and commune with those he could not.

It made sense that a presumed native of this world had such fantastic abilities, after all, they must be much more attuned to the laws and rules of this world's reality. Siegfried would watch the mage, his eyes darting from one place to another as he'd examine what Deliverance was trying to do. Of course, he'd lack the natural skills to understand the darkly-adorned mage's workings... Not that it mattered, as all of a sudden blinding light overcame them.

Siegfried had not a moment to react before all he could see was something more lucent than white. Strange it was, had he died once more? Even if he had died, a unicorn bears a destiny unworthy of death, so he'd likely have to start all over again. After all, this was supposed to be a punishment to his former life for denying its fate of eternal solemn duty. Bemusingly, he did not cease.

Once Siegfried opened his eyes to stare at the azure above, he'd feel a bitterness pang his chest. This was a new feeling, one he had not the time to decipher. The monocerous would take a gander at where he stood, and would himself sighing with a smile as he'd spot that Deliverence, and that someone else was safe. The sun felt unusually warm in comparison to the ruins beneath.

"Perhaps that was best." He'd utter with a momentary stretch, he smiled at Deliverance. "Worry not. Your former answers are sufficient, there is no need to append..." He'd reply with a subtle nod. How fascinating, Siegfried would think. The people of this world were quite odd, however, the so-called knight felt a warmth in the future. The sonder was captivating.

A sigh would leave him, as a beastwoman, who Siegfried assumed had white hair, would introduce herself quite... professionally? Is this how people were supposed to introduce themselves?... He'd gag before being able to speak for so long, truly he didn't understand how they could possibly do that. He'd sigh once it came to be his turn, "It is pleasant to make your acquaintance, Madame with the white hair. My name is Siegfried." He'd breathe for a moment, "I am an aspiring knight. I enjoy helping people." Yes, that was perfect, thought Siegfried. He smiled with a tilt of his head.

In soothe, Siegfried understood nought of what the lady spoke, he'd nod to show he was listening, but thoughts were unformed behind his empty stare into a yonder plane of daydream. How long were they beneath, in the ruins? After all, it was evening when they had first entered the Ruins. When they were sent off, they were met with clear blue skies and the sun's warmth.

"Madame with the white hair, it is best you do not over-worry." He smiled as he spoke, "The Ruins seems, possibly, capable of manipulating time flow. Perhaps time has passed, and new dirt had filled those trails and steps." Siegfried would assure her, before turning around. "The wind flutters as the ocean expands. and so we must go." As Deliverance began to leave, the 'knight' would wave to him, "Take care, Sir! Remember to eat, do not pass your meals! Be wary and stay safe!" He'd shout, they were in a forest after all.

He'd turn to Diane with closed eyes, creases forming by the side. "You too, Madame. That boy and you work in the same place, yes? Mayhaps you could help that child with his assignment." He'd ask, before again stretching his arms. He'd turn away and begin walking... in some random direction. He turned back to wave at Diane, "Farewell, be sure to rest well as the other one said." Said he, before finally fading into the forest. Where he was headed? No clue. He'd hope that Deliverance and Diane return to their respective homes safely.

Mentions ~ Novama Novama | Elvario Elvario [Deliverance] | NimbusWing NimbusWing [Diane]​

OOC: cathal dropped out. Leviohsa dropped out. The end. grade coming in later
Weather: warm and comforting
Cooldown:
TLDR: the end
Post Listening:

1686281300982-png.1093160

In the lingering twilight of the forest, the world seemed to pause. The ancient trees whispered tales of times gone by, their voices a soft hum in the wind. The ruins, now obscured by nature's persistent growth, were monuments to stories untold. Time, in this secluded haven, was an enigma; minutes felt like years and years like mere moments.

Though traces of recent passage had vanished, the land still breathed an aura of discovery. A peculiar fern, nestled amidst the foliage, hinted at tales yet to be uncovered. The persistent hum, ever-present, seemed to emanate from everywhere and nowhere all at once.

The sun's descent painted the sky with hues of gold and amber, signaling the end of another day. As the world grew darker, the mysteries of the forest and its ancient ruins remained, waiting for the next seeker of truths to tread upon its hallowed ground. The forest, keeper of countless secrets, stood timeless, watching the dance of time and memory.

The End

Isekai Hell Grade

Novama Novama Elvario Elvario Faynorae Faynorae NimbusWing NimbusWing cathal cathal leviohsa leviohsa

A magical mystery in the middle of nowhere that went nowhere, or did it? Good job to those that stuck with it despite the pace being that of a snail. It was a tea party rp, but we got to do a bit of exploring and lore making all the same. Perhaps some needed the slow pace since keeping up with the conversations seemed to be a bit of a struggle for some.

Aftermath:
The ruin explored by the party left nothing to be discovered by those that came after. While buzz started up again for the dormant ruin, it quickly died when it seemed there was nothing more to discover. The ruin had become inert again assuming it had ever activated at all.

Rewards:

Novama - 35pts (narrator points)

Deliverance - 59pts
optional asset upgrade [Ethereal Luminary Student E] - character is recognized as a more promising student than the rest of their peerage. Additional privileges are due to them and staff may look the other way for minor offenses.

Siegfried - 105pts (with points booster)
optional title acquired [Wandering Lance] - character's not named lance but some may guess that's the name. Wherever they go, it may be asked what happened to the horse?

Diane - 19pts
optional title/asset acquired [Instructor of Ethereal Luminary F] - Although more prestigious than the janitor, the character is at the bottom of the ladder for educators in the establishment. More likely to be asked to perform temp instruction or grunt work by the other professors. Few perks on offer but all the praise that comes with listing it as a title.

partial participation

Penelope - 10pts
Genevieve - 27pts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back