• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Isekai Hell] Chance meetings, Chance deals

Orikanyo

Do you hear it? The screams of Gacha salt?
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
A marketplace post for Finnegan Orikanyo Orikanyo and Mitsunari LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Rome's_Medieval_District_concept_art_1542079636.jpg

In a merchant square, somewhere, some when...
A young man is looking for something particular...
A magical implement of some degree,
a catalyst to channel power within.

And he...

Was having a rather terrible time of it. Everywhere he had gone he was getting hawked and thought a fool by any idiot with a sparkly trinket, sure as hell he wanted nothing more to clout them over the head for being idiots, but.. he was a stranger to magics, new to steep his toes within it. the marketplace was abuzz with several types of merchant and sure as he could expect they were grifters and next to thieves. he'd trust the cuttpurses more than the merchants here, at least they had to work for their coin.

Finnegan sighed and he walked down the roads, eyeing each and every shop, wondering when his search would come to an end.. he needed that catalyst... His abilities continue to grow in strange ways and if he was to control it he'd need it..

Each day he felt odder and odder... He had failed his mission before... it happened on occasion to be certain.. but.. its.. odd.. Ever since then hes felt... Off... Like something got shook loose. he wondered... About what happened to that fox man and Seven... properly good scrappers they were. Though.. He did bare ill will towards the leader of that troop.. He did wonder... Whatever happened to those mercs...? Surely they weren't imperial born and bred no doubt not slaves.

Unspoken law of mercenaries, it's never personal. He didn't know anything about the fox man... outside of being.. Actually rather gorgeous.

And fluffy.

Seven... Why was she there...? he'd have to ask her and judge then...

As he thought about this, the young man walked down the way, lost in his thoughts and only half looking for his catalyst now... The busy streets around him seethe with life and shouting, the stone pathways of the market ever abuzz even on this cloudy day.

1667021394597.png
Seikatsu Mitsunari

Every market had its dark corners; places where shady dealings could be done absent righteous eyes. Such cervices were frequented by thieves, killers, and sometimes worse ilk, like foxes seeking to make a quick sale. Fortunately enough for Mitsunari this market was no different and so long as he stay out of the sight of the meek and honorable, he was certain he'd not leave empty handed.

Sadly no one would approach him. Whether because of his burnt and bandaged appearance or because of his race, he could not tell. His price was not high and his product more than valuable.

That was when his ears heard a familiar voice, one he could not place a name to, but was certain that he knew it. Gazing out from behind his curtain of shadow he witnessed a person he thought gone from this world. "So you live." He whispered to himself. The kitsune was beyond surprised, amazed even as he had assumed the blond man a corpse.

What was more surprising was that his voice was the one he heard asking about a catalyst. In this part of the market he didn't need to be too cautious about his past deeds causing him trouble so he stepped out into the open where he would block Finn's path.

1667022720008.pngThree black tails swayed behind the kitsune as a smile stretched pressed against the bandages that covered his face. "I thought for sure that forest would be your grave, knight." Mitsunari taunted as his tails lifted upward, people on the street giving him a wide berth. "Yet here you are, seeking exactly what I am hoping to sell." His hand went up to clutch the orb which hung around his neck.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Finnegan
c93917a4f7911538901ebc60e61f2ee6.jpg

He blinked.. Live..? Who was talking to him? Damn, when did he make a bad turn down this alley...? "Ah!" he paused to consider the fox before him... he remembered this one... yes.. he remembered him, and his spells. Finn thought him a slave before, bent against his will back then, he got taught the hard way it was not so.. He.. HAD just been thinking about him wasn't he?

Funny, how these things happen, you think of somebody and they appear, and start speaking somewhat cryptically to you...

"Huh, didn't think i'd see YOU again so soon. And in a market no less. Can't say i'm mad about it, i've made a fair share of enemies and friends over the years." the man gave a light sigh.. The fox man was blocking his way, asking if he was going to buy what he was selling... Odd fellow this one... Normally when old enemies meet they clash immedately. he didn't feel this one a foe now, but he was certainly looking at him with curiosity...

Perhaps he sees what Finn can't?

"I've a extraordinary ability to... Not die when expected to. You'd be suprised, but i guess you already are." he gave a shrug, but looked the fellow over abit... bandages... Hmm... "I take it, then, you are hopeing to sell a catalyst? Been searching today for one in truth, but.. I do wonder how you knew this..." he considered the fluffy fellow with curiosity and interest!

"You certainly are a mysterious sort... Fluffy and mysterious..." One couldn't help but notice he wasn't exactly looking at the catalyst Mitsunari was holding.. But.. the array of tails behind him...

1667170081867.png
Seikatsu Mitsunari

"Are you giving me a compliment?" Mitsunari teased with a smirk before he cast his gaze elsewhere. The knight was certainly peculiar and while they had been on opposite sides the last time they met, he held no grudge against the swordsman. "My catalyst is yours if you wish to purchase it, I'll give you a fair price, provided you're willing to answer my questions?" He glanced back at Finn from the corners of his eyes and turned to point at a bench nearby. He briefly joined the follow of traffic, his geta clicking on the cobblestone pathway as he moved to the vacant seat. He swept his kimono underneath him and the three tails wrapped around his waist.

"When our paths crossed in the forest you did not instantly attack me and then your response to my appearance now was the same. Why is that? " Mitsunari gently leaned back on the stone wall behind the,, the exterior of a pub most likely. The cool stone were a balm to his aching body and offered some relief. "I'm also curious to know who you serve as where I'm from, a warrior of your strength would be a very sought after asset."

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Finnegan
48cda61b45b26a076ba4778ab30a1ac6.jpg
"Hmm.. fair price for questions as well, sure, don't mind. Don't got much to hide." he lied, he did have one thing, but that one is locked far and away. "back then, I kinda figured.. Since I know the Empire types, you were being forced along. though that about Seven herself, not sure the case but.. Well.. i guess I'm just an idiot who tries to see the good in folks, don't LIKE to kill or hurt folks, but its the job."

He scratches his nose, then ran a hand through his locks. "I've fought monsters, I've fought men, but i'm not interested in killing. if I can talk them down i'd be happy to. Problem is I'm not too good at it, so i stay tough enough to survive what comes. Normally folks get scared the moment they see they can't hurt me. Had a cutpurse shit himself once, tracked him down to find him with my wallet and gave him a good smack, then he tried to cut me.

When his dagger snapped he wet himself... Let him go with a warning, but well folks should be less gung ho about killing and hurting folks than they are." the man stood at ease, it seems, in a way that made one uncertain if he was that confident or just too stupid to recognize the danger in this back alley dealing. He moved to sit next to the strange vulpine fellow, the bench creaking lightly under the weight of man and metal.

"..But i'm no knight... not beholden to any lord, most of them can go off and get themselves killed before continuing to make people die for their sake, or their misstakes. I'm sure theres good ones out there... Just.. gotta find em i guess... Only way to get anywhere in the world is to bow your head and play toy for your "Betters"." said the man waving his hands at the word.

"...A question for yourself, if you don't mind. The bandages, you get hurt?"

1667259554884.png
Seikatsu Mitsunari

Reluctance to violence was a trait that Mitsunari had yet to see in this world as most he'd crossed paths with were either bloodthirsty or not afraid to kill for whatever they deemed a worthy goal. Finn was a breath of fresh air in this regard. His optimism and innocence were fitting of his appearance. Perhaps that was the gods' intentions when they crafted him. It was no surprise that he would also hold disdain for the nobility, a group of were often associated with callousness especially in regards to the lives of the less fortunate. Mitsunari cared little for either group, must were still his enemies no matter their social standing. "With your power you could change the lay of the land for many and turn society on its head if you would commit to the hard work or the plans of a worthy partner." The kitsune shrugged his shoulders. He had at one point considered finding a master to serve, but found his own power sufficient enough to make the changes he desired.

When Finn questioned his physical condition, Mitsunari chuckled lightly. "We beastkin are treated as less than by everyone and so I am seeking to change that. I reached for a power beyond common mortals and to no surprise the divine turned their back on me." He plucked the bandages around his fingers to pull them loose and reveal the badly burnt skin beneath. "I have not given up my cause, but I am finding a different way to go about it; seeing the Empire fall and people like me free." He started to wrap his hand once more and looked to Finn with a forced smile. "Perhaps in the future we will work on the same side. Your vitality and my power coupling bring down a fearsome foe." Mitsunari's tails slid from his lap to brush against Finn's hand and his arm.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Finnegan
fc3f142334b17ae92d28cc8c6a3fa696.jpg

"The fall of the empire... I suppous thats why you wished for that war then. I want to change the world in such a way... But everytime I think of it, I know that poor sods will be put in my way to stop me.. men who have no clue what their getting into... Folks who have families at home, put forward by idiots who wont fight for themselves." the arm traced so lightly clentched into a fist that cracked his knuckles, not so much at the touch, but the thoughts.

"Lives tossed away for no other purpose than to keep a pig squealing..." he sighed and let out the breath and stress.. "Power.. I've heard many a story about people who reach for such as get hurt... The divine could be said to be no different than nobles, the force they could use to help, is only ever used to secure their lofty positions. But I dare say.. Your stronger than most people could ever be. YOU don't let failure be the end of you. Thats fortitude and grit nothing can take from you."

...This is a serious conversation Finn... ignore the tail.. ignore.. the...

His hand lightly grazed the fur, trying his best to look innocent on the matter.

"I like beast folk in truth, and.. thats not a... Buttering up thing I say... I've always been somewhat jealous.. of people with wings... Tails are just nice.. To have the hearing of a hound or fox would be quite handy i'd think."

1667265077490.png
Seikatsu Mitsunari

It seemed the swordsman was not too different from the fox, a welcomed surprised as Mitsunari sized the man up. He had witnessed the swordsman's notable constitution withstand lightning bolts, arrows, wind spells, and still survive. He would be a valued partner in any future endeavor. And although he spoke down of his own intelligence, Mitsunari could not shake the feeling that there was more to the blond man than a shiny suit and big sword. But he could not think to converse with the man when he felt his hand upon his tail. Finn was the first person to ever do such a thing and Mitsunari was unsure how to respond at this time.

Then the man confessed his envy of the beastfolk and it all became somewhat more clear. "I think we are of similar mind." He declared as his tails slowly snaked their way around Finn's armor. The black fur caressed the metal shell and Mitsunari turned his gaze to the swordsman. "Perhaps even the same spirit, for I have not met a human like yourself. You might be human in appearance only." A warm chuckle left his lips and he smiled behind his bandages.

"I hope our paths do cross again in the near future; for defiance of lazy gods and greedy nobles." Then the kitsune pulled his necklace up and over his head, an act that caused him to groan a bit. He held the necklace and thus the catalyst out for Finn to take. "Here."

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Finnegan
129f6ff55fad064eef6ad84135315087.jpg

The man silently cursed his armor, keeping the fluffy things away... But.. then again.. maybe this was a bewitching spell..? No... only bewitching thing were these luxuriously soft streaks of midnight surrounding him. he'd gone far enough, to think of backstabbing. Fin took a look at the catalyst being held to him.. A remarkable thing, quite beautiful even. "Heh, until I sprout a tail myself, i guess we'll see on that huh?' he shifted over to a jovial nature, procuring a bag out from his pocket. "Even on failure, the guild pays some dues... Their good sorts, don't turn away new comes and have safety nets for those that fall through.

...The Adventurer's guild i mean." hepaused to consider amounts, but with a glance of his burgeoning knowledge in magic.. he could tell the power within that shiney stone...

He placed in the hand the pouch, figuring it'd cover it either way. "Don't worry about change, even I can practically smell it's power." he danced the necklace in his palm, eyeing the strange stone, he brought up his sheath and tied it around the upper part, the chain coming together nice and tightly around it. "Like a charm, this will perform perfectly I'm sure... Though.. I dare say i've a way to go before I'm a competent magician in any rate haha!" his jovial laughter rung through the dismal alleyway like a streak of sunlight breaking through a veil of darkened night, enough to make some lesser theives scatter further into the dark, and a nearby rat scurry.

"If your running off, next we meet lets have a round or two, if you've stomach for it. battle or not, make some greedy heads fume and have a good lunch." he smirked, surrounded by tails of darkest midnight and hes more than happy to laugh. tail connected to somebody who had launched a massive arcane barrage at him not too long ago either.

"Show those so called gods what for... ah..." he pauses, laughing abit once more, he shook his head at his own foolishness.

"I almost forgot, my name is Finn. Finnegan Huttman."

Seikatsu Mitsunari

1667272009062.png

He felt his hand weighted down by the coin purse that Finn had chosen to pay him with and the weight of the purse was enough to replace to weight of his catalyst. He tucked the pouch into his obi belt and nodded his head. "Everyone starts somewhere, you're lucky to have obtained such a useful tool to start off with." It had been a very long time since he had sat and conversed with anyone, let alone laughed and had a somewhat pleasant time. "Finnegan Huttman." Mitsunari rose to his feet, casting a healing spell upon himself to ease his growing discomfort. "Seikatsu Mitsunari." He replied with a bow of his head. "It has been a pleasure doing a business with you." Now it was time to get back to work and set himself back on the right path, but he would never forget this joyous interaction. An oasis in a desert.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back