• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Aria meets her Father

This Rp takes place after the events of A Fated Meeting and Royal Dress-up.

The story takes place in the northern countryside of Ryken, following the characters:
|Aria RavenSong RavenSong
|Regula Elvario Elvario

Upon receiving word from an anonymous letter that claims the sender to be Arias father, Aria invites her friend Regula to accompany her to this meeting. Not knowing what to expect they arrive as prepared as they can on a private carriage.

Goals of this RP: To meet with Arias father - Obtain a military connection

anime-about-small-town-life.jpg

Shortly after Aria's and Regula's meeting with Count Linneus, they found themselves in a private carriage heading north into the countryside. After about two hours into their trip and ten minutes away from the destination, the drivers assistant opened the window into the passenger cabin. "Miss Aria, My apologies for the lengthy trip, our destination approaches soon. Please make yourselves comfortable." The horses that pulled their carriage neighed.

What they would see out the window would be the vast green hills, cattle, cabins and occasionally small houses. The air was crisp with hints of wet earth, it had just rained, and the scattered low clouds moved swiftly over head, morphing and changing into various shapes as they passed. Contrasted only by the sound of wooden wheels bumping and pressing into the wet earth.

Some people would be walking on the road, likely common folk from the villages that dotted the landscape headed towards or returning from their various errands. Occasionally some would eye them, but nothing else of note. At other times there'd be carriages or people on horses using the road.

---

Untitled310_20220821224525 copy.PNG

Aria had been a fair bit anxious, mostly due to her expectations, Was he a good man? What if this is some kind of cruel joke? What if..

It seemed Aria's mind was continually repeating the same questions, after some time however she sighed as her figure rocked left to right with the carriages motions. "Isn't it ironic, m'lady?" Aria said, with the usual slightly monotone tone in her voice. "How the tables have changed, I mean, just a few days ago you'd be anxious to meet the count.." She looked down at her hands, then up at Regula. "..now it's me who is anxious." She then turned to look out the window, watching as a shoddy carriage carried straw while the conductor held the reins, a little girl peeked her head out of the straw and waved happily at Aria looking at her. Aria would smile softly, waving in return. Then turning back to her friend, Aria thought it'd be a good time to ask a pressing question. "If I may be so bold m'lady, we are now to become part of the Counts order as royal knights? Have our plans changed in regards to establishing connections with nobles, now that we serve this order?

It had been a few hours of traveling when Aria gave in and laid down on the carriage bench seat. With a deep sigh, she looked to the ceiling. "I confess, I made a terrible mistake at that meeting in the courtyard with one of Linneus knights." She then closed her eyes with silent disappointment, shaking her head slightly.

Last edited:
Regula

Regula decided to come in her usual get-up. She wasn't the one that was going to be in the spotlight today, after all. So far, their journey was pretty pleasant, as a private carriage definitely surpassed traversing through rain and mud for days on end. They didn't even have to steer the horses themselves. If anything, it was kind-off boring, having do nothing other than staring outside. Even the prettiest landscapes got boring in a while.

Luckily enough, Aria broke the boredom with conversation. “You're right, I was quite nervous, but remember, nothing went wrong in the end. I'm sure this will sort itself out as well. Besides, our anxiety levels are not the only thing that got turned around. At this rate, it feels like I should be the one calling you m'lady.” She said, with a grin. “After all, the best I can get arranged is a hike through the mud and rain for days on end, whilst you're already getting a private carriage arranged! It seems like you're the real lady here, lady Aria.” There was nothing better to calm the nerves than some friendly teasing and jesting.

The topic then switched to the knights. Regula clicked her tongue. “Truth be told, I'm considering it an useful connection, but nothing more. If our goals align or if they open up an opportunity to gain some fame, we'll join them. However, I don't feel any particular desire or loyalty towards them otherwise, at least not yet. They'll have to prove themselves first. I'd rather not spent much time and effort on trying to impress an Order without any strong foundation or leadership.” She stared out the window for a bit, before continuing. “My goals are ambitious enough to make the path there a very difficult one, that much is sure. However, any connection we can obtain might prove to be useful in the long run. It's worth learning more about the other nobles, or perhaps reaching out the the merchants and artisans as well.”

Regula raised an eyebrow at the last topic. “I didn't see any blood spilled or hear anyone call for a duel to the death, so whatever happened, I doubt it was that much of a terrible mistake.”

Untitled310_20220821224525 copy.PNG

After hearing Regulas reassuring comments, Aria nodded with agreement, suddenly feeling a bit better. Yet the conversation sharply deviated when Regula jested about being in a private carriage. Aria didn’t think much of it, but it did make her chuckle softly for a moment before replying, “I sure hope not..” she said resisting an embarrassed blush, waving her hand rapidly at her grinning friend, “..please don’t call me that..” she said stuttering, “..I’m but barely warming up to being referred to as ‘the champion of light’ or ‘the hero of Highgrove’..” her embarrassment deepened, “..’lady Aria’ wouldn’t feel right, I’m just a barmaid!” then another thought would come up. Finding herself suddenly entertaining the possibility, bringing a pondering knuckle to her chin “..however, should that ever be the case, I’d use any potential resources to help the common folk, build their roads, create opportunities, access to clean water and food.” She looked out the window again, seeing a few people carrying baskets “..although this world is capable of unspeakable horrors, there are also those who seek to make it better..” Aria then turned to look at Regula, a certain gaze of deep fondness in her eyes, “..my only hope is to count myself among them.”

Regulas intentions seemed to have worked, Aria found herself resisting to contemplate on luxury and abundance. Yet, not in the way one would expect, as her intentions would inevitably be to benefit those less fortunate.

Somewhat surprised yet understanding of the situation with the order Aria sighed, “I see..” she began, “..it appears much needs to be built, I hold onto hope that Linneus will find a way. There are some among the order who have potential. I suppose time will tell.” Then the bit about meeting nobles stood out and It seemed to have also struck a nerve, “And meeting other nobles will be inevitable in our efforts, m’lady. I’d say even dangerous.” Aria found herself slowly making a fist. “I’ve heard of how some among them dispatch of their opposition and quell any efforts at rebellions. I desire nothing more than to be in their presence one day. Although I have doubts they’d ever listen to someone like me.”

Her trail of thought was then broken however, as she lay on the bench seat of the carriage, “If you'd have arrived just a minute sooner you'd notice me hemorrhaging.." She replied with a bit of exaggeration in her voice, after a pause she continued, "Very well, I'll tell you." She said as she cleared her throat, "Well, in my foolish attempt to flirt with the one Tyrmar, I accidentally shamed him by addressing his loud eating as uncouth.." She then turned to look at Regula, "..little did I know before joining the order, he was in fact, a slave!" Aria shook her head in disappointment, bringing her palms to her eyes. "I thought he'd be flattered somehow!" She gave a long sigh. "I guess, thats what happens when I flirt."

---

Roswaals_Mansion_HQ.jpg

A few moments later, one of the carriage conductors would open the small sliding window. "Were approaching Greyside Manor miss Aria. We'll be arriving shortly." the window shut again. If either of them would look out the window, they'd see what would be the land border of the property. The carriage would cease to pivot left to right as with a sudden 'thump'' the carriage began to tread on paved road. The sound of the horseshoes rapping at tapping on the solid ground, neighing as they pulled the carriage closer to the entrance. On both sides of the carriage one would see fountains, gardens, landscapers tending to their duties, various staff moving furniture from one side of the manor to the other.

Once at the front of the manor, two of the servants would approach and open the doors on both sides of the carriage, while another at the start of the entrance would announce, Welcome to Greyside Manor! Please allow our staff to kindly carry your belongings! And also your weapons if you have any, please understand this isn't an optional request." He would bow enthusiastically, and gesture them inside, "Please, right this way." When the two maidens would follow, he'd continue, "Master Marcus has been expecting you, although he never mentioned there'd be another, ill be sure to let him know."

---

Aria was immensely surprised at the sheer size of this place, whoever the owner of this giant estate was certainly wasn't a farmer, or much less an inn keeper. Once the carriage arrived at the door, and the door was opened, a hand was offered at her which she awkwardly shook. The servant squinted his eyes at her while Aria gave him a confused look, and got off the carriage. The maiden would straighten out any creases on her dress and looked towards her friend, and hoped she wasn't having as much of an awkward moment as her so far. Her attention suddenly shot towards the door to behold the main butler. Aria simply bowed her head, "Greetings, I am Aria Barlowe, and this is my dearest friend, Regula. Thank you for welcoming us so warmly."

"Ah, yes indeed. I will mention, Regula."

The two were lead to some kind of chamber, Upon entering, the atmosphere is as one would expect a medieval manor to look like, with the addition of various depictions of great battles and images of great military heroes and generals. Swords and armor plate sets on display, the place is impeccably clean. Guards stood at every door, entrance and exit, as still as statutes and with emotionless faces.

"If you two would please wait here, I'll return shortly. In the meantime, our servant here could take any requests for any beverage in our cellars. Now, if you'll excuse me."

With a bow, the butler was off, and the two were left on their own to contemplate and take in the atmosphere.

Aria would turn at Regula after examining one of the paintings over the fireplace, obviously feeling quite out of place for a country woman of humble beginnings, "I don't think I've ever set foot in a place like this. Have you?"

Last edited:
Regula

As expected, Aria had similar ideals as Regula herself. However, there was one thing she wanted to get back too, regarding the topic. “On a serious note.” She said, sounding as serious as those words suggested. “I think it might be better for you to just call me Regula in the presence of your father or his servants. It'll be difficult to explain the situation otherwise. For now, I'll just be a blacksmith and enchanter that you befriended. That should give us some time to figure out what type of person your father is first.”

Regula grimaced at Aria's fierceness regarding the shadier nobles. “They'll have to listen to us if we manage to get enough standing. It'll be a long road there, but just imagine their slimy faces looking in horror as you take away their wealth to redistribute it among those they stole it from. That said, I hope there will be some more neutral, or even good-inclined people among them. Surely count Light isn't the only one that wants to do good.”

Although she tried stopping herself, she couldn't. She busted out in laughter when Aria said she called someone's eating uncouth as an attempt to flirt. “I'm sorry... I...” She said, between laughs, before catching her breath. “If he's a good enough guy, I'm sure he was able to see your charms and managed to laugh it off. I'm sure you've nothing to worry about.”

The manor they arrived at was huge. Even during her previous life, she'd rarely seen this level of wealth. It was tough to believe this man wasn't a prince or king, yet still lived in such a giant mansion. As they arrived, they were immediately greeted by multiple staff members. That was luxury Regula had almost forgotten about. It also posed a first problem. Were they to ask her to hand over her weapons, she'd do so, but begrudgingly. She felt 'naked' without her trust gun, after all. That said, this was for Aria's sake, so just like with meeting Light, she'd bear through it.

All things considered, Regula felt fairly unwelcome by the fact that multiple staff mentioned she was unexpected and that master Marcus would be informed. She couldn't help wonder if she'd be kicked out soon. Luckily enough, Regula knew enough etiquette from her past life to not look too foolish, although she was on edge due to not knowing what differences there might be with what she'd grown up with.

The amount of guards was an instant eye-catcher. It made Regula wonder if this Marcus had made a lot of enemies to gain this wealth or if he was simply paranoid. Perhaps both. Either way, it didn't bode all that well. She was thinking about it so much she didn't even notice Aria's question at first. “Uh, ah, right. Yeah.” She said, before realising what exactly Aria had asked. “Although that's a long time ago, Count Light's place is the closest that I've seen recently.” She wasn't planning to start talking about the whole 'previous life' part right now, but wasn't going to lie either. This middle-ground would have to suffice for now.

Untitled310_20220821224525 copy-2.PNG

“Agreed. A sound decision.” Aria replied in response with a nod at Regulas suggestion to be discreet about their correspondence. Her name felt a little strange on her lips, but she could manage.

Then the tension in her body softened, when her friend mentioned about the nobles. “Yes. I can only hope there are kinder or a bit more open minded nobles among them, otherwise it will be an immense uphill fight to create any sort of meaningful change. However, even with just a few on our side would be enough. The thought of a forest fire comes to mind..” she said as she looked out the window one last time, her tension now visibly tempered. “..it begins small, then quickly overcomes everything in its path.” She chuckled at herself being so contemplative however. “My apologies, i love forests! As you know, of course. I’m just nervous it’s all.”

When Regula bursted out in laugher she joined her, “I know. I know!” She shook her head as she sat back up in her seat. “It was terrible. He gave me such a devastated look, and there I was, expecting a little interest..” Sighing deeply she rubbed the back of her neck. “..lucky for me, you showed up. Please. Remind me never to flirt again.”

Once in the foyer, and after the two had exchanged some words, Aria was looking at Regula a bit expectantly, when the butler then returned mid response to her question.

“This way if you please, Master Marcus is expecting you.” With an elegant bow, the butler lead them past a few large chambers, music rooms, and a great dining hall. The number of staff under employment was impressively large. Everything ornate to the highest degree of luxury for the era.

Aria wouldn’t speak very much, taking in the sheer extravagance of this place. Yet made sure Regula was close, slowing down or speeding up as necessary. Perhaps her anxiety was simply too great, or the possibility of getting lost in such a place was highly likely to a newcomer.

Then, they arrived to a great hall, at the end of it stood a door with two guards, in different dress and custom. They appeared to be some kind of private or personal guard of sorts. The statues of gargoyles, knights and various scultpures made of marble could be seen on both sides of this hall and above the door. Some would swear they felt these statues had eyes.

The butler gave the guards at the door a nod, and they retracted their halberds indicating free passage. Eerie as it was, the two ladies would then follow the butler inside. “This way. Oh! And miss Regula may enter as well.” He said dutifully. “Its not like the Master to recieve last minute guests. It must be a great honor.”

17c47ad40c9216490e6be5c8a9065f59.jpg

Marcus's Workshop

What they beheld was a poorly lit chamber, but perhaps it was on purpose as large tapestries about the chamber kept light from shining through. The only light that shone through was through a two to three story high window, various maps also dotted the walls and shelves, paintings of immense detail pictured great battles, others depicted the aftermath of such events. Fields of bodies, with ripped and tattered flags swaying in the wind were all too much of a common theme.

As Regula and Aria stepped forward, their footsteps would echo ever gently on the marble floors. The butler then picked up the pace, leaving the visitors behind and approaching a seat facing out the window. Leaning into whoever was sitting down, the servant whispered some inaudible words, before the silhoutte stood and came closer into the light.

IMG_8096.PNG

“Ah!” He said with an air of relief. “Aria! Is it really you?” The man then approached Aria, and without a word he took her in her arms and embraced her, closing his eyes in a warm embrace. Aria was frozen, eyes wide as she was embraced by a complete stranger. “I’ve searched everywhere for you, until i heard of a one, Champion of Light! It seems your valiant reputation proceeds you. Just what I would expect from my daughter.

As uncomfortable as she was, Aria managed a question. “W-who are you?”

“Aria. My dear, you don't remember me?” He asked with sigh of disbelief, as he broke the embrace and held her hands close cupped in his hands. “I’m your father.”

Aria, blinked visibly in shock as her eyes searched this mans eyes for even the smallest loss of composure. "My, father?" To which there would be none. Aria, unable to make sense of it, simply continued to stare at him.

The fancily dressed man, then looked over to Regula. “Ah yes, you must be Regula if my daughter Aria has brought you here you two must be close..” He said as he took a few steps towards the blacksmith, extending a gloved hand in greeting. “Marcus Barlowe, creator, artist, visonary and master of this estate. Any dear friend of my daughter's is a friend of mine as well.” He chuckled lightly. "You must excuse my men for being so curious, but upon inspecting your armaments, they've mentioned having never seen such an outlandish work, what do you call the contraption you carry?"

Last edited:
Regula

There was only one thing that Regula couldn't let go off, from their previous conversation. The idea that Aria should never flirt again. “Perhaps we should just get some lessons from a succubus~” She said, with a teasing wink. After all, a little flirting could be very useful. Then again, she was mostly joking around with that specific suggestion.

She'd be careful not to use such language in the mansion itself, as there were guards listening in on them at just about every corner. It was odd to be led through such a big mansion. Part of it felt like home, the homes of her previous life. Part of it felt out of the ordinary and made her feel misplaced, after what she'd gone through in this life. Combined, it was an odd mixture of familiarity without comfort.

Truth be told, Regula was surprised when she was allowed to enter instantly. She half-expected to be made to wait outside for a while for the big guy to have some time alone with his daughter. The butler even added to that by stating how out of the ordinary it was. Great, now Regula started to feel a little nervous as well. Until now, she'd been perfectly fine, as this wasn't her 'problem' to deal with, but this did put some nerves in her system.

Regula couldn't help glossing from Marcus to Aria and back. They were a little alike, but not enough for her to instantly know it was indeed her father. All they had to go on were his words and those weren't very promising. To a degree, it almost sounded like he just picked the first orphan with a fancy title to call his daughter, with the manner in which he announced her title so proudly. Was that a thing nobles did here? She knew it was a thing where she came from, for nobles without heirs to adopt someone talented. It was just a stray thought, but a seed of doubt had been planted in whether this man even was Aria's real father.

Then came her time for introductions. She figured she'd play it polite. “Thank you for having me, sir. It's a gun, sir. The mithril is enchanted with combustion magic to allow it to fire off projectiles.” She figured she'd give him the short answer, as she wasn't yet sure how genuine his curiosity was.

Fractured memories of her past flashed before Arias eyes, looking down, her appearance in deep thought. As Images of war, images of loss, images of pain, none of it made sense, the only thing she could recall was cannon fire, and great battlefields where men and women fought to the very end. The sky was filled with smoke, and the only thing she could hear was a loud ringing in her ears. And a siren in the distance. Recollections of a time in her world when humanity was convinced that the opposition they were fighting, was wrong. A time when the only apparent solution, was war.

Ignoring the frivoloties or the etiquette of the wealthy, Aria recovered from her visions, suddenly pacing up to and grabbed Marcus by the collar before he could continue his conversation with Regula. The war maiden would look into this mans eyes, emotionless and cold as steel. “Lies.” She muttered, disgusted and monotone. “My father would never abandon me, i’ve lived the last six years working for days on end to barely afford a place to sleep! I woke up in the middle of a meadow, with nothing but the memories of endless fields of death to comfort me as I wandered like a ghost through the world, facing a world that could never relate to me. Fatherless. Motherless.” Before the startled man could speak, she then suddenly let him go, still looking at him and asked, “Who really are you, ‘father'?” Saying father with sarcasm.

IMG_8096.PNG

Even as Marcus was forcibly held, he surprisingly held his composure, his gait very much collected as Aria expressed her anger. Meeting her gaze with an equal amount of disregard. When he was finally able to speak, he was pushed a bit and took a step back. “I see, just as i would expect.” A sudden grin enveloping his lips as he fixed his attire. “I suppose, we best get on with it..” he said as he turned around and walked towards the window, the view was overlooking the countryside, the city of Ryke in the distance. “Peace.” He said flatly. “Although most want it, to fight for it is to create the very element it stands against: War.” He continued, “You see, it's in humanities very nature to incite war, so is the desire for everlasting peace. A paradox, an unobtainable, intangible goal that once in ones grasp, has within itself the seed of chaos. Restlessness soon takes hold, and those who once declared themselves to be closer than brothers, turn. They turn, because their ambition is insatiable, it knows no end.”

He turned to look at Aria, “I dont kill. No, you see, i'm a man of peace. I simply give them the tools to commit these atrocious horrors on one another. They make me rich, as you can well see. Although, things are relatively peaceful now, the day will come when the vicious cycle will repeat itself. And when the time comes, my dear, which it will, I will be there to help them both reach levels of destruction beyond their wildest dreams!”

Marcus would lift his head, looking at Aria in all of his boastful authority, “You are my greatest creation, you see, you are not of this world, you are the beautiful shell encapsulating my ultimate weapon. You are a soul from another world.” His hands entwined as his face became contorted with glee. “Oh yes, i’ve heard of this divinity who’s bringing beings from the other planes, I will not stand idly by as my dominion is challenged, so i erased your memories, my dearest daughter, and you did so quite willingly, we attempted to tap into this force through an ancient ritual, however when it was completed, you vanished. Never to be seen again. I searched everywhere, and just when I was beginning to think I'd failed, you appeared, in the field of battle. As the Champion of Light. Now we are complete.”

Aria, visibly and absolutely shocked, unable to contain herself, teleported straight towards her father, closing the gap and re-appearing in-front of him, without another word she strikes him with a fist straight to the face. "Lies, lies!! You're not my father! You're an Agent of death! I will kill you where you stand!" However, before she could follow up with another strike, the tip of a sword from the shadows quickly taps under Arias chin. Clicking his tongue as he stepped into the light, a man only a bit younger than Aria herself. "Tch tch tch, thats no way to treat your old man." He'd push the tip of the blade up, making Aria raise her face as the war maiden gazed at this hidden guard. "If you care about anything in your life, you'll find it in your heart to aid me against this.. this.. monster!"

Leo

IMG_6220.JPG

Marcus chuckled, as his gloved hand swept a bit of blood from his nose, "So hard to think that you'd forgotten your brother, Leo. You two were so close." Extending his hand forward at Aria he continued, "Aria, my dear, it is over. The time has come for you to be who you were truly meant to be. At our side."

"You two are NOT my kin.." She retorted still holding her chin up from the sword pressing into her skin, "..I'd never descend into darkness for such profiteering criminals. You benefit from the death of thousands, all in the guise of good faith based on a twisted creed. I will never agree to that! I could never live with that burden."

"I'm afraid you have no choice, you accept. Or you will die!"

It was as if time stood still for Aria, but much more than anything she felt such shame to be bringing Regula along into such a heated predicament. If Aria was to decline, they both would certainly be slain, evaluating and considering that they had just walked into a place with guards at every corner, and who knew how many more could be summoned on command. However, she was surely not willing to risk it and find out.

The war maiden turned to look at Regula briefly, attempting to signal at her that everything was alright, knowing that Regula would likely be tempted to intervene would gesture for her to stand down. Looking at her she referred to the other two, "It.. would be most unfortunate for me to lose my life. And likely the life of my companion." Looking back at her father she continued, "If I was to accept, what would you wish of me?"

Marcus grinned, his eyes betraying his inner victory. "A wise choice. Very well, I need you to infiltrate the Ryken military, rise through the ranks and tell me everything you need to know from the highest position of intelligence from within, their conflicts, politics, and allies. After that, I will be sure to contact you, some way or another."

"On one condition." Aria added, after Leo brought his blade down, smirking at Regula. "I require a degree of resources. Mainly in the form of Rykes. Can this be arranged?"

Marcus laughed, "HA! Now this, this I did not expect. Very well, consider it done. Do we have an accord?"

"Yes, yes we do father."

"Splendid! Let me write you a letter, this will easily get you into the Ryken academy.." Marcus would take to his desk and write up a letter. "As a cadet no doubt but with this, no one will question your ability or your reputation." Going up to her, Arias father gives her a letter, the wax seal still hot from the iron. "Let's have a feast!"

"No, I have very much to prepare for, we will take our leave."

Aria looked at Regula, who was likely either outraged or astonished by what had just happened, ushered her out the chamber. As they started towards the door Marcus said one more thing, "Aria." He called and Aria paused and looked back, "Welcome back."

Giving a small nod, Aria responded, "Thank you, father." and they were out the door.

Marcus would then turn to Leo, an indifferent look on his face as he poured himself a glass of liquor. "She's not completely on our side Leo, join her at the academy, and see that she keeps her word. If she doesn't. Kill her."

Leo saluted, and nodded. "Yes, sir."

The entire way back out towards the carriage was a quiet stride, other than the buzzing of staff activity around them Aria said nothing. Yet once in the carriage and back towards the city, Aria broke down in tears. Her hands over her eyes as the thoughts going through her head became too much to bear. "I'm so sorry.. I don't.." She stuttered as she struggled to regain her thoughts, for a moment she'd simply weep, but once she was through, Aria gained some clarity. "..I must do what is right. But I must also play along with this twisted mans ploy.." she said, her emotional storm subsiding. "..clearly, this is a dangerous man, I must be vigilant and ensure that he never suspects me. Then we the moment presents itself, I'll expose him to the world as a criminal."

Last edited:
Regula

Regula was rather shocked when Aria lunged at her own father. She'd expected this reunion to potentially go in many different directions, of which this was something within range of expectation, but the pace at which things went wrong and the ferocity of it were totally outside her realms of expectation. After getting over the initial surprise, she'd step forwards to put a hand on Aria's shoulder, both to calm her down and to be able to pull her back if she'd look like she was about to do something she'd regret. Regula would hold that position throughout the entirety of Marcus' speech. She had many thoughts on it, but it wasn't the right time to express them. The one thing that hit the hardest was the part on Aria being a soul from another world. Seeing Regula herself was one, it wasn't totally out of the blue, but a native of this world having knowledge of them and using them to his advantage was shocking to say the least. Especially as it'd happened to a dear friend of hers.

The teleport was what finally pulled Aria lose from Regula, although Regula would jump forwards to stop Aria. She didn't want to risk her friend getting herself into trouble. However, she was beaten to it by a stranger, later identified as Aria's brother. The point where Regula finally snapped enough to the point she'd speak up, was the death threat. Her weapons might've been confiscated, but that was only half her gear. If she'd grab Aria, her cloak would be able to defend and heal them and her boots would be able to carry them away from here. They had a shot at running, if it boiled down to it. It's why she dared speak up. “If you try to harm her, you will fail and I will return to pay you back for what you did.”

That said, Aria herself wasn't as eager to try resisting, probably estimating their chances to survive a confrontation a lot lower and perhaps more realistically than Regula. Oddly enough, Aria was smart enough to at least get a lot of capital out of the arrangement. Besides, the command wasn't exactly against Regula's interests, that much she had to admit. Having Aria rise through-out the ranks would also be useful for her future plans as queen, they'd just have to become powerful enough to backstab that worthless father of Aria's. As Aria was leaving, Regula turned to get in one final word. “Sir, with all due respect, if you wish to keep up a facade, you should at least try to hide the fact you're providing to both sides of a conflict, rather than brag about it. If one side were to significantly outnumber or outclass the other, we'd have a much shorter confrontation and less bloodshed and we'd more quickly obtain that peace you talk about.”

With that, she was thoroughly done with this hypocrite and lousy excuse of a father. When Aria finally broke down in the carriage, Regula sat down besides her and pulled her in for a hug. “Don't worry, we'll figure it out.” She said, with confidence, when Aria told her about how she felt about it. Oddly enough, after all this drama, there was one thing that Regula wished to do more than anything else right now. “If we're heading towards the academy anyhow, let's take a quick stop at the capital itself. I'm going to introduce you to my mother.”

As she cried, Aria was pulled in by her friend, welcoming the embrace as Aria held onto Regula tightly. “Thank you for being here with me, Regula.” Attempting a smile through her sobbing. “For once in my life, i was afraid. Someday ill return, fearless enough to face my father.” Breaking the embrace, she glanced once more at Regula, as she attempted to recover from such an emotional rollercoaster.

She spent quite a bit of time pondering, evaluating and calculating her future. When, now back to her usual self, turned to look at Regula once again. “Well, i suppose it’s not all bad news. Turns out i got more than i asked for, i have a brother!” She said as if an idea had come to mind. “His eyes didn’t carry the same violence my father did. Maybe i’m being optimistic, but my heart tells me i can help him. Maybe. I could change his mind.” Her tone of voice, as if trying to convince herself. There was something peculiarly different about Aria, she seemed to be able to feel, to hope to dream.

Then Regula mentioned her mother, her eyes widened a bit at the prospect of meeting someone as close to Regula as her mother, many questions arose but perhaps those were better left for another time. “I’d love to, m’lady.”

With that, Aria knocked on the small window, the door opening. “Yes?” the driver asked, impatiently. “Take us to the Capital. There is someone I wish to meet."

And with that, the carriage adjusted its route. Straight to the Ryken Capital.

THE END.

Last edited:
Isekai Hell RP Grade

Well, hot damn, that was a pretty good ready honestly, seeing the interaction of Aria and her father, Marcus, was great to see. I've been wondering how the interaction between the two would go and it did not disappoint. I really like Marcus' character as he isn't necessarily evil but more business oriented, from what i can see. And him even sending his own son to go after Aria and possibly murder her is a great twist. Amazing story writing Raven! Onto the rewards!

Aria - 10 Points

Asset: Aria's Father, Marcus: A corrupt military official with power, despite Aria's and Marcus' relationship being rocky, an accord was made. Aria has a connection into the military now thanks to her deal with the man.

---

Regula - 7 Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back