• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings IronWolf's Mechanical or Magical Menangerie

TheIronWolf

Gibbe Headpats
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

-Introduction-

Hello, everyone! I'm Iron Wolf, or Host. I'm an experience literate to novella style writer currently looking for a few new roleplay partners to work my writing muscles! I've been writing for over a decade and want to find a few partners who share my enthusiasm for this creative medium! I write in third person past tense and enjoy a good story first and foremost above anything else. I like to explore relationships between characters through stories that explore the self behind each character. Who they are, why they struggle, and ultimately how they come to terms with themselves with their own story. I also like simple, slice of life stories, but I've had so many of those lately that I'd really prefer to have a much more compelling and emotional story. That being said, if Slice of Life is still your preference over something more dramatic please still reach out and maybe we'll be able to work something out ^^. I work full time and have a bunch of hobbies, so I won't be able to reply every single day and please don't approach me expecting that. Writing is one of many hobbies, but I can definitely reply as often as I have time and muse!

-Expectations-

- Please be willing and capable of writing 3+ paragraphs. I will tend to match my partners, but I have been known to go up to 12 paragraphs before when the muse struck and there was plenty that needed to be written. I tend to value quality over quantity, but sometimes there's a lot that needs to be said, haha.
- Please be literate, I don't necessarily mean in post length (see above), but in your writing quality. Typos and stylistic flair are always going to be present in writing (including my own) but I can easily get distracted from writing when posts aren't well-composed and well-written.
- I'm totally fine with waiting for a reply, especially if we're both committed to a story! I've waited two months for a reply before; however, I'd really prefer consistency with a post every week or every other week at the minimum. Of course, if we can both manage to reply more often, that's even better!
- Please be willing to come to the table able to collaborate and write a story. We can both GM a story, but with that said I don't like excessively pre-writing a roleplay. We can have ideas in our head and just run with them. The surprise is part of the experience!
- I write in third person past tense and I'd love if you did the same!

-Plots and Characters-

Listed here will be the current plots that I'm craving and the characters I plan to use to go along with them. Most of my characters tend to be female, but I have a few male characters as well! Not all of these are intended for romantic subplots, but if you want romance please let me know so that way we can both be prepared and make sure our characters are capable of getting along. I do like romance and enjoy having it in my stories but it's not my priority. If we do write romance, I'd like for the characters to fall for one another organically. I'll use asterisks to denote how interested I am in a plot at the moment, so the more you see, the more interested I am!

Lost in the Woods **

A traveler finds themselves lost in woods long rumored to be inhabited by a dark or cursed spirit. Locals warn that those that wander too deep into the fog never come back and that deadly Fae known as Watchers prowl the depth of the woods disguised as trees, hoping to find their next meal. The truth is more complicated, and perhaps far more terrifying. The traveler stumbles across an old wooden shrine surrounded by trees, an ancient power dwells and thrums inside of the structure and the curiosity of the traveler finds themselves bound to a being more ancient than Humanity. It was alive when the gods walked the realm, and it has been in deep slumber for a long time. There are still threats to this being in the world, and it seeks to know what has befallen its kin. Thus, the traveler now finds themselves with new found power and a new companion, and greater then, a goal to show the world to this being all the while readying themselves for the danger that is to come. This is primarily meant for fantasy, but we can tweak it into a modern era!

My character for this story would be Akii, Daughter of Akemo, a six-tailed Kitsune sorceress whose loneliness is only matched by her theoretical power--if only it weren't limited through the new vessel she is forced to share space with (that being your character). Her story is one of rediscovery of a world that has left her behind and of the realization that she may be the only survivor of her people. Potentially, magic could even be fading from the world to add some more touches to the story. She also serves well for something more slice of life if you'd like less angst. As a character, Akii is very haughty and proud but quite compassionate and kind thanks to her upbringing as a priestess.

Threads of Fate ****

The meeting of clans ends in disaster as one of two characters find themselves completely displaced from their home and their lives. An avian-mammalian race known as the Ftero pushed the boundaries of their unique magic and attempted to grasp the Threads of Fate themselves. Alternatively, someone else was displaced and brought to a new and alien landscape filled with storms, clouds, and inhuman beings that crowd around them with curiosity and fear. This is a story about personal acceptance and perhaps a journey of discovery. It's similar to Lost in the Woods in that there may be an exploration focus, but this story is certainly meant more about exploring two completely alien cultures. This story allows for both fantasy and science-fiction adaptations according to your own preference. There's strange runic magic, an otherworldly force, and very soft feathers.

My character for this story would be one of two: Vaes'Fanmi'Iah, a Fteame (Male Ftero) from the Iah Clan who specializes in runesmithing. He's troubled by the developments back on his home island and is caught up in the political machinations of his father who is the current leader of his clan. He desires to protect his younger brother who was born without the ability to fly. Vaes'Fanmi'Iah is a stargazer and often has his head in the clouds but likes to wax poetic and thoughtful when brought into conversation. He's a very soft character, but that also means he holds in his anger until it's too much to bear.

The other character is Vael'Nano'Vei, a Fteaman (Female Ftero) from the Vei Clan she is responsible for Communing with the Void (their patron… deity?) and is someone who hasn’t had a lot of experience interacting with anyone outside of her coven. She’s gentle, but very musically oriented and pious. Her goal has always been to serve her clan, but she isn’t really sure what she wants outside of that. Ultimately, she wants to find a life for herself where she can be happy. She’s plagued by the memories of her childhood, hoping to remember the face of what she believes is her mother.

Curse of the Fold

A huntress lingers in the woods, a relic of an age long abandoned by the Empire. She’s remembered in the villages she visits as a drunkard, someone who stumbles into town with pelts and skins and seeks nothing but liquor. They say she’s an excellent shot with her musket, and that the notches on her pistols denote the bandits she’s taken down. They only know her by a nickname she gives to those she meets: Örn.

The truth is she’s cursed. Once known as an Ulfhednar, as a child she was taken in by a druidic order serving the Empire who sought to create a soldier that would hunt down high-profile threats against the Empire. They performed the Moonlit Sacrament upon her, granting her heightened senses, strength, and a terrifying bloodlust. It is that bloodlust that Örn runs from, she’s desperate to be free from it. The Empire lost its need for her decades ago, but they simply let her loose rather than cure or even kill her. She drinks to numb her cravings, but at nights when the moon is high she can nearly feel herself slipping away into who she once was. A beast that lurks the night.

This story, of course, is about a werewolf! Örn is a terrifying character, but her curse has given her a long-life and has slowed her aging. She’s scary, sure, and a little rough around the edges. Her body is covered in scars and is lean and sinewy rather than what some would normally consider attractive. What she needs though is someone to help her–either to find a cure, or to help her deal with the threat she poses to herself and those around her.

The Ashen One **

A Fragment of the Gods, left abandoned in a city of ash where life once thrived. She foretold a calamity, one given to her through omens and signs in the world around them, but she was ignored. The Gods gave their warning to the Eldasi through this Fragment, The Seer, but since this warning went unheard they turned their back upon their people and allowed the calamity to consume them. All that remained was ash, a broken city, and a broken woman left in the bowels of a prison meant for her. A Seer denied her vision, a Seer called a liar and a speaker of falsehoods.

The Gods sought a champion to save her. From herself, from the world. Life exists beyond this ashen city, beyond the mountains where new life flourished. All that was, is gone but it is the ash that feeds the forest as it regrows. Your character, of course, could be anyone from anywhere, given a new life by the Gods of this world to save their blessed Fragment. As a fair warning, this is probably the heaviest story and will deal with a lot of dark topics such as self harm, depression, and survivor’s guilt.

My character for this will be The Seer, her name is something she keeps buried within her. In her age, names were power, and she is not quick to reveal it for this reason. The Seer is a race known as the Eldasi, an ancient race that serve as the progenitor for Humanity. She has ram’s horns, a sign that she is a fragment of the Goddess Martivir. Dressed in the same clothes as she was when she was imprisoned, they are nothing more than rags now. A blindfold covers her eyes, and it’s not one she will allow to be removed–not until she feels that she is worthy of seeing the world again with her own eyes.

That's all I have for now! If you're interested, please reach out with a DM for me! I'd love to hear what you have to say! ^^ As an ice breaker, tell me what your favorite flavor of ice cream is, and why?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back