News & Updates iOS Push Notifications are here!

Hey all,

The time has finally come, for us iPhone users who use the site to get something we've never had on our phones, and that's Push Notifications. Apple has released this for iPhones (you'll need to update to ios 16.4+) and use the safari browser for this process.

Go to the hamburger icon menu in the top left and look for the install the app button (you have to be using safari for this, this is an apple restriction).

Bigger Screens (iPad): If you can't see the hamburger menu due to a larger screen like an iPad, the instructions are the same. Safari > Share Menu > Add to Home Screen > Login to the site on this new app on your home screen, and the site will ask for permissions to send you notifications.

Follow the instructions that came with the xenforo software update, and you'll have RpNation on your phone like an app providing notifications.

23-05-16 22-43-50 0497.jpg

23-05-16 22-44-37 0499.jpg

If you have any questions or concerns, please post below. I'm so stoked about this!

Last edited:
Hey does this work on the ipad version of the site? I dont see the hamburger icon

Hey does this work on the ipad version of the site? I dont see the hamburger icon

Okay, so, I just had someone check. The hamburger menu only appears on phones due to the small screen. If you want to use push notifications on an ipad, the process is the same. Go to the site on safari and then trigger the share menu > Add to home screen. Use this new app like addition to your homescreen and the site will ask for push notification permissions like if you were on desktop. Enjoy!

I'll write a proper guide with notifications, settings, and more for every platform.

Okay, so, I just had someone check. The hamburger menu only appears on phones due to the small screen. If you want to use push notifications on an ipad, the process is the same. Go to the site on safari and then trigger the share menu > Add to home screen. Use this new app like addition to your homescreen and the site will ask for push notification permissions like if you were on desktop. Enjoy!

I'll write a proper guide with notifications, settings, and more for every platform.
Thx

This is so sick, I’m stoked! Finally, my perpetual rpnation tab can be closed. Thanks so much!

No problem!

On the desktop, I'm used to notifications, but on the go, I have to depend on discord alerts, which isn't the same to me. I want individual things in their own notification groups on my lock screen.

• I believe this now means we support the following:
  • Desktop: Windows, MacOS, Linux (I use this) and any OS flavor where modern browsers like Firefox, Chrome can be used.
  • Mobile: iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android (phones and tablets)
  • Discord
  • Email.

Yes woo!

YAYAYAYA THEY FINALLY MADE AN APP OMG IM SO HAPPY

So, I’m on my safari browser on my IOS, and when I hit the Install button I get a pop up that says:

“Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.”

But I do not see a video anywhere

So, I’m on my safari browser on my IOS, and when I hit the Install button I get a pop up that says:

“Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.”

But I do not see a video anywhere
Odd.

When you are in safari, open the share menu and add the site to your homescreen.

Odd.

When you are in safari, open the share menu and add the site to your homescreen.
Done!
All my push notification preferences are turned on as well. I even received a message since the app was added to my home screen, but I didn’t get an alert

I finally decided I needed push notifications, but it doesn’t ask me if I want to enable notifications. Am I doing something wrong?
Have to add it to your homescreen first then that will ask you if you want push notifications, it's an apple limitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back