News & Updates Short Notice Downtime - April 19th 2024

Today, sometime in the evening CST, we will be bringing down the site for a bit while we run some tests on the server to diagnose and investigate the stability that has been happening over the last couple of weeks. We can't give an exact time due to schedules, I apologize for the short notice, since we like to give advance notice usually for any scheduled downtime.

Should we be considering moving our stories off-site? This crashing seems to be happening frequently in the past few weeks.
It's never a bad idea to back things up. That said, we do have offsite backups and have been working through the server issues. It's some instability with the server hardware that we hope is now resolved after much troubleshooting. We don't intend to be going anywhere anytime soon.

The hardware issues caused some data corruption on the server that we also need to address. This may require some planned downtime in the future, but the main objective is to get the server stable. In the past two weeks, the hosting provide has replaced the power supplies, motherboard, and CPU.

It's never a bad idea to back things up. That said, we do have offsite backups and have been working through the server issues. It's some instability with the server hardware that we hope is now resolved after much troubleshooting. We don't intend to be going anywhere anytime soon.

The hardware issues caused some data corruption on the server that we also need to address. This may require some planned downtime in the future, but the main objective is to get the server stable. In the past two weeks, the hosting provide has replaced the power supplies, motherboard, and CPU.
Alright, my writing partner and I were concerned because we have some stories that have been ongoing for two plus years and we don't want then to just go poof. We have started the tedious process of backing them up but also had concerns that RPN might be dying out, which we certainly hoped was not the case so it's nice to hear that it is not going anywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back