News Invisioning The Future (RpN 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to make colored boxes in posts, or is that not a feature yet?

I am beyond happy with this! It's beautiful and everything.

I thank you for doing so much work!!!

But what disappoints me most is that:

Followers and Followings were cleared

Logged on and had an immediate 'Holy Buckets of Fudge' reaction to the change. (Translate that to whatever you like. xD) 

This is awesome! <3 I can't wait to test it out and see what's what now.

Yay an update!

Dunno whether this is good or bad but from what meow've seen and read so far, it's a walk to the right direction.

Kudos to all the admins and mods!

But when you carry it over, will we have to redo the coding all over again?

Maybe.

As has been said, the site is currently undergoing reconstruction - most coding should port in in the next few days. (Also, editing a post may make the coding work again, just saying.)

So some will have to be redone, most should work once coding updates are up.

This is going to take some time getting used to. 

Yeah, this looks a lot more strange and complicated compared to the old system, not sure what I think about it for now :/

Last edited by a moderator:
As has been said, the site is currently undergoing reconstruction - most coding should port in in the next few days. (Also, editing a post may make the coding work again, just saying.)

It was said earlier though that old posts cannot be edited. So if a post was coded in an rp, do we have to remake the whole rp as we have no way of editing old posts? 

And I am slightly concerned. We were told pre-update that most coding would carry over and now we're being told something different. Had I known ahead of time, I would've saved the raw codeless text of all my coded posts and then just posted them as boring old things here in the new version. Digging it all out of the code is an awful lot of work. 

First off, I'm loving this! Second of all, when I went to make an interest check the boxes were grayed out and didn't open when I clicked? ( I could be doing something wrong, It just didn't seem right )

I like how smooth it is now, like I'm using the dark theme annnd <3

I like the idea of an update but it'll take me a little to get used to it.  I'm still wondering about a few things but I like the general concept even though the dark update isn't for me x DBut you guys did a great job on the update and I know that a lot of effort was put into it. Thank you so much for the time dedicated to it (: 

By the way, is creating new thread / post not possible for now?

There's a create button at the top of the page, near your alerts/PM menu.

@Meredith what will happen to the people who had 1x1s?

Not sure. I think they MIGHT have forums? Ask @The Dark Wizard

Is there any way to find things we were following and did everything bookmarked disappear?

Refollowing looks like what's going to have to happen. Bookmarks died.

It was said earlier though that old posts cannot be edited. So if a post was coded in an rp, do we have to remake the whole rp as we have no way of editing old posts? 

And I am slightly concerned. We were told pre-update that most coding would carry over and now we're being told something different. Had I known ahead of time, I would've saved the raw codeless text of all my coded posts and then just posted them as boring old things here in the new version. Digging it all out of the code is an awful lot of work. 

It should carry over in the next few days (most of it, at least),

Codes just aren't up yet for the new site. Calm down. :)

Okay, not to start on a sour note, but I do not like the format at all. Dispite my best efforts, I cannot make a 1x1, the ticket system is weird, I am confused why we can't upload video, change font color, change font size and font in general, and why I have to follow everyone again. 

Codes just aren't up yet for the new site. Calm down. :)

I got concerned because someone asked if they were going to have to recode everything using the new editor and you said yes. That's enough to draw concern from someone who wasn't expecting to have to redo everything. Now you're saying it will carry over. That's two very different things in my book. 

I just felt a need to explain my concern. 

There's a create button at the top of the page, near your alerts/PM menu.

I've tinkered with it for a bit, and the result is mixed. I can make topic in some section but the others are still greyed out

Nevermind, turns out the 1x1 roleplay section just got bright just now. So I believe that the admin is still finishing up the code and it'll be all ready to use sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back