News Invisioning The Future (RpN 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. From some tests... it seems like the one sure way to code is to doc. And, it's the golden age of Gaia... in terms of formatting. Which, is an insult to what you can do in the previous system. For now, you just got to be patient and wait. Wait or quit. I'll give it a month to see if we can stop docing for crying out loud. It's cool, but serious... it's clip art lameness. x 3 x

Is there a way for me to get notifications when people reply to this thread... or any thread in general? On the last version, if you posted somewhere, it was automatic that you were notified of the next post in the thread and of every post after if you checked every one. Now I'm getting absolutely nothing to update me and it really really makes it hard to figure things out. 

Is there a way for me to get notifications when people reply to this thread... or any thread in general? On the last version, if you posted somewhere, it was automatic that you were notified of the next post in the thread and of every post after if you checked every one. Now I'm getting absolutely nothing to update me and it really really makes it hard to figure things out. 

Im getting nothing too. I edited everything from my settings (personal settings for notifs) to the forum stuff. Notifs are broken, I will admit.

Im getting nothing too. I edited everything from my settings (personal settings for notifs) to the forum stuff. Notifs are broken, I will admit.

I got a notification when you quoted me... so I imagine you'll get one from this. 

That doesn't help though. I want to see all the questions people are asking so I can see all the answers to them and maybe get unlost. At the moment, I really want to start rping again and I have absolutely no idea how to do that. I created my two roleplays and am waiting for content to be moved over and in the meantime, wandering around knowing absolutely nothing is very stressful. I tried posting in this thread hoping I could pay attention to questions and answers and it doesn't even notify me... how's that supposed to help anyone?

Apologies for the rant... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a notification when you quoted me... so I imagine you'll get one from this. 

That doesn't help though. I want to see all the questions people are asking so I can see all the answers to them and maybe get unlost. At the moment, I really want to start rping again and I have absolutely no idea how to do that. I created my two roleplays and am waiting for content to be moved over and in the meantime, wandering around knowing absolutely nothing is very stressful. I tried posting in this thread hoping I could pay attention to questions and answers and it doesn't even notify me... how's that supposed to help anyone?

I get notifs with tags, pms, and quotes.

OTher than that: 0 notifs. Im also wondering around like a lost zombie trying to get a feel but I just cant. Every time RPN would update, I would get mad about it and this time I gave it the benefit of the doubt... let me down :(

@MeredithIs there a way to set the site so that when I click a page that I'm already entirely up to date on, it automatically takes me to the last page of the thread? It's very annoying having to click to the last page every single time. 

Also, is there a way to set the site so that when I click a notification that pops up on the bottom, the notif on the top goes away too? Currently I have to click the bottom bar to make it go away and then I have to click the top notifications button to get that little red flag to go away. 

@MeredithIs there a way to set the site so that when I click a page that I'm already entirely up to date on, it automatically takes me to the last page of the thread? It's very annoying having to click to the last page every single time. 

I have no idea right now. Check through your account settings (through the dropdown) maybe?

How are we supposed to use a new site when staff don't know how to use it? I thought there were going to be people who knew what they were doing but if everyone's wandering around lost, I'm very scared that the site is going to lose a lot of members in the process and that's very sad. 

Apologies for the rant... 

We have notifications coming out of everywhere right now, so there's going to be a question-answer delay. If the site is being stressful for you, take a break. Go get a cookie and a bottle of water. Or just change your notification settings here: https://www.rpnation.com/notifications/options/

Tutorials will be coming up asap.

How are we supposed to use a new site when staff don't know how to use it? I thought there were going to be people who knew what they were doing but if everyone's wandering around lost, I'm very scared that the site is going to lose a lot of members in the process and that's very sad. 

If you have problems with the staff, go to admin contact, please. :)

I didn't know how to answer one question, which The Dark Wizard is currently looking into. It's going to be okay, there's no need to freak out, love. <3

so there's going to be a question-answer delay

I don't mind that there's a delay. I just want to be able to see / find all the answers easily and be notified when they exist. Currently I am getting no notifications for this thread unless I am quoted or liked. I looked at the changing notifications setting and I don't understand it. There's one for new content... is that like site wide new content? I don't want a notification for every single new post on site. I want notifications for threads that I have posted in and I don't know which little box is for that specific thing. Would you happen to know that at the very least? One helpful answer to some question or another would really brighten my day right about now. 

I was going to ask about tutorials, but I turned on the dark theme. Not even gonna complain.

I don't mind that there's a delay. I just want to be able to see / find all the answers easily and be notified when they exist. Currently I am getting no notifications for this thread unless I am quoted or liked. I looked at the changing notifications setting and I don't understand it. There's one for new content... is that like site wide new content? I don't want a notification for every single new post on site. I want notifications for threads that I have posted in and I don't know which little box is for that specific thing. Would you happen to know that at the very least? One helpful answer to some question or another would really brighten my day right about now. 

https://www.rpnation.com/notifications/options/

Just check the box that says "automatically follow content I reply to".

Just check the box that says "automatically follow content I reply to".

Thank you. 

Would you happen to know how to change fonts? A member of one of my rps is really freaking out about it right now and I'd love to be able to help him out. There is no button for fonts where it intuitively should be. 

I did this and still not getting notifs :/

Try messing about with the settings a bit? That should do it.

Thank you. 

Would you happen to know how to change fonts? A member of one of my rps is really freaking out about it right now and I'd love to be able to help him out. There is no button for fonts where it intuitively should be. 

And I don't think you can change fonts yet. Another thing that should be coming. <3

Try messing about with the settings a bit? That should do it.

And I don't think you can change fonts yet. Another thing that should be coming. <3

I did every little thing I could do to mess with notifs. From the forum settings to my personal settings

I only get them when quoted, tagged, or pmed

I did every little thing I could do to mess with notifs. From the forum settings to my personal settings

I only get them when quoted, tagged, or pmed

Clicking the box worked for me, so I'm not sure at all. i'm sorry!

Is it possible to get a list of codes that are coming yet? Currently I'm struggling to find borders, background colors, columns and rows, fonts, and I'm wondering if we're going to be able to access more colors than the ones that show up in the box because there are a lot more colors that we could use in the old version. 

Also... ctrl+a does not work to highlight everything. Having to highlight a whole post manually is a major hassle. Is there going to be a fix for this? 

Oh! You can do things. You can change fonts... just don't paste the name over. So far, that's been a failure so typing them out is aight. SO!!!!!! Basically, the entire system seems like it's in love with word doc. We tested shit by copying stuff straight over from a word doc. Everything moved over. Even the formatting. So, welcome to the world of docs, Athena. If this is not the case, then by all means say something. Because, that's all I got so far from this update. The age of docs.

Is it possible to get a list of codes that are coming yet? Currently I'm struggling to find borders, background colors, columns and rows, fonts, and I'm wondering if we're going to be able to access more colors than the ones that show up in the box because there are a lot more colors that we could use in the old version. 

Also... ctrl+a does not work to highlight everything. Having to highlight a whole post manually is a major hassle. Is there going to be a fix for this? 

That's not my forte - I've heard rumours there's a lot of them. ;)

Lists aren't really a priority right now, but it'll work, when it does.

its fine...

guess it cant be helped

I'm trying to find an answer for you I'm really sorry for the delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread