News Invisioning The Future (RpN 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got concerned because someone asked if they were going to have to recode everything using the new editor and you said yes. That's enough to draw concern from someone who wasn't expecting to have to redo everything. Now you're saying it will carry over. That's two very different things in my book. 

I just felt a need to explain my concern. 

I'm.. pretty sure I never said it'd have to be recoded, but okay.

Some of it will carry over with the reconstruction. Some will not. That's kinda how it is right now. Not all codes are integrated yet.

So I have a fellow neighbourhood friend who is in this site, however he uses Google to sign in, and he says it's not working, So what gives?

I've tinkered with it for a bit, and the result is mixed. I can make topic in some section but the others are still greyed out

Nevermind, turns out the 1x1 roleplay section just got bright just now. So I believe that the admin is still finishing up the code and it'll be all ready to use sooner or later.

Yeah, the site's a little bit impaired at the moment. We'll see what we can and cannot do soon enough, and fixes will go out, too. 

Opps! I seemed to have looked over the fact the site was still under construction! Thank you so much to everyone who had contributed! I love the layout, and I can't wait to get to know the site all over :)

@MeredithApologies... it was not you who said it, but it was said... 

Wizard's post made it seem as though it was expected from the way I read it simply because the answer was yes. 

are we expected to recode everything with the new editor if we want our old posts to look nice (to look like anything at all)?

Yes.

Though once rebuilding is done, it should help make a lot of posts across the site pretty again.

So I have a fellow neighbourhood friend who is in this site, however he uses Google to sign in, and he says it's not working, So what gives?

Tell him to reset his password. Then he should be able to reconnect Google.

Worst case, have him email webmaster@rpnation.com

Last edited by a moderator:
@Meredith

another question... If I were to remake the 1x1 I have with a friend, will you be able to transfer the original over to the new thread?

Ooooooo thank you to the whole staff~

This is such a pretty new system to explore through! I'm speechless really. Tried to think more of what to say but...
tumblr_inline_o8ywxhpe281sljxm8_500.gif

1x1's are hilariously broken, I can't find most of my threads whatsoever aside from a few...but. I mean, I like the new group thread thing?

@Gilzar QAQ my Badges are in order from bronze to gold now. It bothered me for so loooong, thank you!

Also, everything looks neat! Although most coding I've seen so far seems rather.... busted. Dunno if that's just mobile, or stuff carrying over gradually, or if that coding section up there means it's just not up yet. 

i'm sorry if this has already been answered, but will the site's old privacy settings be reimplemented?

I'm really confused over the bbcoding....I understand it's still under construction though but what I'm getting to see now is just so freaking confusing 

@Meredith

another question... If I were to remake the 1x1 I have with a friend, will you be able to transfer the original over to the new thread?

1x1's are hilariously broken, I can't find most of my threads whatsoever aside from a few...but. I mean, I like the new group thread thing?

1x1s should work much the same as before. What's broken about them?

I'm really confused over the bbcoding....I understand it's still under construction though but what I'm getting to see now is just so freaking confusing 

BBCode should be coming in an update on the editor, like was said in the thread. It's just buttons, like the Rich-Text-Editor of yore

So, I am totally looking forward to this update but I am little confused about the support tickets. If we had a one on one on the previous site layout do we still fill out the support ticket with the link and new thread? 

Thanks so much for your help! Looking forward to such an awesome update! 

BBCode should be coming in an update on the editor, like was said in the thread. It's just buttons, like the Rich-Text-Editor of yore

Are we going to be able to take off this Rich-Text-Editor 2.0?

1x1s should work much the same as before. What's broken about them?

The tabs for the 1x1's aren't linked at all. I literally have to go from the IC section to the OOC section manually VIA the content button or the thread itself. There is no way to swap over like previous.

Are we going to be able to take off this Rich-Text-Editor 2.0?

No, because you can't type in BBCode anymore. This has been covered in previous threads - it'll make sense soon, I promise.

The tabs for the 1x1's aren't linked at all. I literally have to go from the IC section to the OOC section manually VIA the content button or the thread itself. There is no way to swap over like previous.

The tabs (characters and stuff) should be in the extra pages/character forums. No word yet on how to link them.

No, because you can't type in BBCode anymore. This has been covered in previous threads - it'll make sense soon, I promise.

The tabs (characters and stuff) should be in the extra pages/character forums. No word yet on how to link them.

They likely are. I'm just not understanding why they couldn't use the same system .-..

Also not sure why it sporadically unwatched my threads either.

I don't like it at all so far. I fully understand the technical urgency, and I understand it might've been necessary, but everything I've ever done on this website is useless now. Everything's just a huge block of code doing nothing. It's ugly and most of all, every piece of work ever is now a huge waste of time. I think the site itself looks really clunky and blocky too, which I don't like, but that's very subjective of course. Also, small avatars are sorta ugly and restrictive. At least I always thought so. Eh. I'll probably wait and see what becomes of my coding as the various BBCodes are implemented but if my RPs don't fix themselves through that, I don't think I have the heart to continue anything.

It looks like the site crashed again... :U

They likely are. I'm just not understanding why they couldn't use the same system .-..

Also not sure why it sporadically unwatched my threads either.

We're on a different forum system now where the old system didn't work.

And yeah. That's one of the updates charms. 

I don't like it at all so far. I fully understand the technical urgency, and I understand it might've been necessary, but everything I've ever done on this website is useless now. Everything's just a huge block of code doing nothing. It's ugly and most of all, every piece of work ever is now a huge waste of time. I think the site itself looks really clunky and blocky too, which I don't like, but that's very subjective of course. I'll probably wait and see what becomes of my coding as the various BBCodes are implemented but if my RPs don't fix themselves through that, I don't think I have the heart to continue anything.

It's not changing now, I suppose. If you're bent you don't like it then I can't really help you. Do you have any questions?

I do, actually: Can you turn off the sound for notifs?

Edit: Nvm, got it in the settings, but can't delete own posts, so...

Im having a problem with notifs. Im getting NOTHING FROM HERE and I followed and everything I could to bring up notifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back