• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Gah! This cursèd forum! I explicitly unwatched and re-watched it, and it just dumps half a page of posts without emailing me. Time to read back....

Bet it's the same IC.

Since it probably doesn't affect anything (and also neatly explains why I'm out of the loop), I'm going to say that Glade was able to fly off to his village and back; Psychie Psychie shout if you vehemently disagree.

(Still reading...)

On a completely unrelated topic, I am back in the hospital with pneumonia in my right lung again. I was out for an entire month before getting my relapse. I hope to be out of the hospital soon; at least making this a much shorter stay than my previous forty four day record. Wish me luck.

Well, that sucks. Hope you're on the mend again soon, Sherwood Sherwood

Gah! This cursèd forum! I explicitly unwatched and re-watched it, and it just dumps half a page of posts without emailing me. Time to read back....

Bet it's the same IC.

Since it probably doesn't affect anything (and also neatly explains why I'm out of the loop), I'm going to say that Glade was able to fly off to his village and back; Psychie Psychie shout if you vehemently disagree.
Chowlett Chowlett Kindly-meant recommendation? Please have Glade tell everyone he's doing this so Mercy doesn't suffer some form of separation anxiety after what just happened with Amara? That way there aren't any ("Wait! Where is Glade going?! Is he coming back?!" Eonivar Eonivar do correct me if I'm wrong here) moments. =)

/silly on

Oh, and Glade is welcome to tell his flock that because Glade is part of O Mighty Fat Cat's Circle, the flock can enjoy a 20% for transportation on De Lucky Fat Cat Express! This coupon good for the next 30 days! Book soon! Travel happy! Travel Lucky Fat Cat Express!

Ha ha ha ha!

/silly off (wait. Is the silliness ever really off?) =)

lease have Glade tell everyone he's doing this so Mercy doesn't suffer some form of separation anxiety after what just happened with Amara? That way there aren't any ("Wait! Where is Glade going?! Is he coming back?!" Eonivar Eonivar do correct me if I'm wrong here) moments. =
Actually Mercy would be interested in seeing Grey Stone's village, and he has been very plain about sticking with the Circle.

Bet it's the same IC.

I have no problem with that.

Good news. I'm back out of the hospital and home once more. Feeling much better now.

Forty-four, to be exact. But yes, it was a god-awful long time and I'm very happy to be home again.

Good news. I'm back out of the hospital and home once more. Feeling much better now.
Hey! Already? That's terrific news! Keep doing whatever they tell you, Bud! That way you visit them less, right? =)

I'm so glad you're feeling so much better already! =)

Chowlett Chowlett Eonivar Eonivar jaydude jaydude Psychie Psychie Rykon Rykon Sherwood Sherwood (I'm pinging everyone because RP Nation's borked alerts didn't alert Rykon.)
Antonia looks up at the big Solar and says, "Underestimate her at your own peril, Noble Exalt. She is more than capable of taking care of herself, and I wouldn't discount the value of whatever information she may have for you."
Sherwood Sherwood I'm not trying to make it harder for your character to join our Circle - I just... have to play O Mighty Fat Cat true. I get that good ol' Psychie Psychie and you are trying to smoothly get this character in with our Circle, but details matter. I can't be that Player that plays his character falsely just for the sake of social lubrication or for out-of-game benefits (not like anyone is asking me to play falsely - just... there it is).

He turns to look at the rest of the Circle and says, "I have no complaints of her fighting skill. She obviously knows how to handle herself in a fight."
Maybe I'm reading into this too deeply? Did any one of us ask FIlial Wisdom of all people to test Delilah? He went and did that himself.

Now the guy's coming across like he's part of our Circle or something? Seriously, have I missed something?

The part where I posted that I used a sash of Delilah’s robe was a total slip on my part. I had set aside the star metal rings and when I used the sash it was more as a special effect of the Charm I used. It could have worked just as easy bare handed, and I didn’t add anything into the attack that Del couldn’t do weaponless. That was my mistake for using the sash instead of just using hands. Sorry.

As for Filial, it was asked by Psy if there was any objections to him coming along and joining the Circle. I don’t see it as if he is speaking for the whole group, just saying he was satisfied that she has the ability to hold her own in a fight and he has no objections to her joining in the Circle.

The part where I posted that I used a sash of Delilah’s robe was a total slip on my part. I had set aside the star metal rings and when I used the sash it was more as a special effect of the Charm I used. It could have worked just as easy bare handed, and I didn’t add anything into the attack that Del couldn’t do weaponless. That was my mistake for using the sash instead of just using hands. Sorry.
No need to apologize - no wrong was done. =)

Psychie Psychie I see that we might have two ways around this? #1 Sherwood rewrites his post excluding the sash (since it was an honest goof). I imagine that also means every post afterwards might be subject to rewriting as each of our characters responds to the retcon?

#2 We continue as we are and RP it out? EDIT: I see Sherwood has already posted to that effect. This too is telling of Delilah. =)

As for Filial, it was asked by Psy if there was any objections to him coming along and joining the Circle.
When was this, please? When did the Circle sans me agree to having him join our Circle? I don't remember this at all (maybe it was during one of my migraines?).

When was this, please? When did the Circle sans me agree to having him join our Circle? I don't remember this at all (maybe it was during one of my migraines?).

Psychie Psychie presented it as an option in the first paragraph of this post. As far as I'm aware, no-one's objected to it so far.

Psychie Psychie presented it as an option in the first paragraph of this post. As far as I'm aware, no-one's objected to it so far.

He is open to the possibility of joining your Circle if you want him to do so.
Ah! I took this line to mean, "If you want him to join your Circle, speak up to that effect," not "He's joining if no one says no." (or something to similar effect - I'm about to go to sleep and my brain needs the recharging so pardon me if I'm messing up my words again! Wheee!)

Thanks for sharing that, Jay! =)

I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that if you didn't want him to be an npc with the current group, I wasn't going to force Filial on you. If you have any objections to his presence, please let it be known and we can discuss it. I am quite willing to have him remove himself to keep everything running as it should.

I'm kinda unsure, but that's largely because his 2E version is the only canonical version of him I'm really familiar with, and it's somewhat jarring to have a version of him here that's quite different from that. But I'll wait and see what everyone else thinks.

Edit for clarification: I'm fine with the change to his character in general. But I don't know if I can handle this version of him sticking around us and constantly being referenced in the text.

Last edited:
I am fine with Filial Wisdom, I personally am not familiar with him or his history. Mercy thinks that they need all the exalts they can get to help fight the Empress.

I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that if you didn't want him to be an npc with the current group, I wasn't going to force Filial on you. If you have any objections to his presence, please let it be known and we can discuss it. I am quite willing to have him remove himself to keep everything running as it should.
I don't have any idea why he's with us beyond that our Circle freed him. I mean, the guy just left hundreds of faithful worshippers in Rathess (I don't know the story there) and the evil creature that wronged him is at his weakest. I thought Filial Wisdom would be the kind to go after Han Tha after what he did to him?

In the books, he has done many an evil thing under the thumb of Han Tha. Perhaps Psy is running him that he's trying to redeem himself from his past?

Or, here is just a thought, he is still evil and we have a serpent in our midst....

Or, here is just a thought, he is still evil and we have a serpent in our midst....

Disney Jungle GIF by unpeuflou

=)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back