• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
jaydude jaydude is up with Grey Stone

12 - [Filial Wisdom]
10 - [Glade]
10 (7) - [Fat Cat]
8 - [Aredin]
8 - [Amara]
7 - Grey Stone <====
7 - Celestial Lion
4 - Mercy
4 - Mortal Battle Group

Round 2
12 - Amara
12 - Aredin
10 - Glade
10 - Amara's Sword
7 - Fat Cat
6 - Filial Wisdom

Trusting in Fat Cat's display of power to keep back the horde of cannibals, and taking advantage of his fellow Solars' attacks on Filial Wisdom, Grey Stone raised Faith's Pillar a little before swinging it at his opponent's back, hoping he could stagger him a bit and set him up to be disarmed or something.

[Withering Attack. 10 base dice + 2 dice from stunt. 10 successes.]

Essence: 2
Personal Essence: 16/16
Peripheral Essence: 30/40
Anima: Dim
Committed Essence: 5

Willpower: 7/7
Join Battle: 5
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -3, Incapacitated
Resolve 3, Guile 1

Attacks
Faith's Pillar (10 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 18, Overwhelming 5, Bashing, Melee, Reaching, Smashing, Two-Handed)
Unarmed (13 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 15, Overwhelming 1, Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural)

Actions
Rush: 6
Disengage: 6

Evasion 4, Parry 4
Soak/Hardness: 4/0

Effects:
Spirit-Detecting Glance (The Solar can look through the pall of reality to glimpse the realm of spirits beneath. With this Charm, the Solar can see (but not touch) immaterial spirits.)

Another flare of Essence can be seen from the big man as he moves his sword to block Gray Stone's attack. He counters your blow with a stroke of his own, sending his blade at you at high speed.

jaydude jaydude he is making a Withering counter attack on you. Eight successes in the roll, so it will hit unless you use a Charm or stunt to defend yourself.

What do you do?

Seeing the blow now coming his way following his failed strike, Grey Stone called upon his own Essence as he attempted to raise Faith's Pillar up into the path of it.

[Claiming Stunt to raise Parry to 5, and spending 3m Peripheral Essence to bring it up further to 8.]

Peripheral Essence: 27/40
Anima: Dim

Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -3, Incapacitated
Resolve 3, Guile 1

Attacks
Faith's Pillar (10 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 18, Overwhelming 5, Bashing, Melee, Reaching, Smashing, Two-Handed)
Unarmed (13 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 15, Overwhelming 1, Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural)

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 4

Effects:
Spirit-Detecting Glance (The Solar can look through the pall of reality to glimpse the realm of spirits beneath. With this Charm, the Solar can see (but not touch) immaterial spirits.)

Grey Stone can feel the rush of air as the massive sword just barely misses him. You now have your own action to do.

jaydude jaydude

12 - [Filial Wisdom]
10 - [Glade]
10 (7) - [Fat Cat]
8 - [Aredin]
8 - [Amara]
7 - Grey Stone <====
7 - Celestial Lion
4 - Mercy
4 - Mortal Battle Group

Round 2
12 - Amara
12 - Aredin
10 - Glade
10 - Amara's Sword
7 - Fat Cat
6 - Filial Wisdom

Feeling his wounds, the Celestial Lion turns to face the faltering mortal group and starts to tear into them, sending the few braver stragglers scattering in all directions.

Eonivar Eonivar is up with Mercy

12 - [Filial Wisdom]
10 - [Glade]
10 (7) - [Fat Cat]
8 - [Aredin]
8 - [Amara]
7 - [Grey Stone]
7 - [Celestial Lion]
4 - Mercy <====
4 - Mortal Battle Group - scattering and running

Round 2
12 - Amara
12 - Aredin
10 - Glade
10 - Amara's Sword
7 - Fat Cat
7 - Grey Stone
6 - Filial Wisdom
3 - Celestial Lion

Mercy evaluates the situation with the mob on the run, they now can focus everything on Filial Wisdom and his possessor. She feels that this was not yet the time for a powerful spell as their foe was still very hale, and she could see the dim echo of the spirit within their foe (using Spirit Detecting Glance) She raises Black Wind up above her head, her Twilight Anima blazes to life as she invokes power into the soulsteel skycutter in her hand, she could already hear its moaning and feel its desire to hurt the murderer before her and then with a spinning swing, her small slight form with her fire and burning anima spinning like a fiery pinwheel and launching the dread weapon at her foe, its distinctive drone of the dead filling the air as it spun towards Filial Wisdom.

Mercy uses
Precision of the Striking Raptor(1m, Treats its target at close range for accuracy no matter what range they throw their weapon at)
Spirit Cutting Attack (1m, enables strike of immaterial spirits)
Thrown Excellency +4 Dice (4 m)

Withering Attack Roll = Dexterity+Thrown+5 (close range accuracy score)+Excellency (+4)= 4+5+5+4 = 18 dice = 11 Successes
Damage = Strength+Weapon Damage+Threshold Attack Success = 2+14 + threshold attack successes?= 16 + (?) = 7 Successes (not including Threshold attack dice)

(OOC Do I have the math and dice right here?)

Last edited:
Mercy's Skycutter arcs through the air and manages to hit with one success. Go ahead and roll your extra die.
Psychie Psychie Rolled extra on my damage roll, rolled an "8"...a success

is that 8 successes on the damage roll?

The big Solar tries to block the incoming Skycutter wish his sword but is too slow and the weapon actually clocks Filial upside his head and he's is quite stunned by the blow.

Round Two, and everyone gets five motes of Essence back.
Eonivar Eonivar is up with Mercy

Round 2
18 - Mercy <====
12 - Amara
12 - Aredin
10 - Glade
10 - Amara's Sword
7 - Fat Cat
7 - Grey Stone
3 - Celestial Lion
Crashed - Filial Wisdom

Black Wind arcs up and back to Mercy's upraised hand....seeing the stunned condition of her foe, she wastes no time in capitalizing on her foe's weakness...her anima blazes filling the skycutter with further power, its glow turning to a vivid green as she invokes the ancient solar Ghost Eating Technique in preparation to strike at the spirit within as she turns and spins and launches her weapon at Filial Wisdom and his possessor.

Mercy is using
Precision of the Striking Raptor(1m, Treats its target at close range for accuracy no matter what range they throw their weapon at)
Spirit Cutting Attack (1m, enables strike of immaterial spirits)
Ghost Eating Technique (3m)
Thrown Excellency +9 Dice (9 m)

Decisive Attack Roll = Dexterity+Thrown+Excellency (+9)= 4+5+9 = 18 dice = 12 successes

Ok Quoting page 191 in the EX3 rule book "If attack is successful, roll your current Initiative value as a dice pool. The Double 10s rule (p. 183) does not apply to this roll"

So 18 Dice Damage....no double 10s... = 8 Successes

The sky cutter slices deep into the thick skin of the possessed man, drawing a gout of blood that runs down the front of his body and drips on the ground. Filial Wisdom stumbles and looks pale, even as he lets out a painted scream in a tone that no human voice is set to make. Once the scream stops, he looks up at the assembled Exalts in front of him and says, "Do you really think you can stop me? Exalts greater than you have tried for over a thousand years and still I elude capture or destruction. Since flesh is weak, this body may fall, but I will endure as I always have! Ha ha ha!"

With that, a change comes over the man's face as a dark shadow seems to rise up and away from him. It fades away from view of everyone that does not have the ability to see spirits that are not physically manifested. For those that can, the dark shape is clearly a spirit that is hovering above the wounded man, preparing to flee the area.

Filial Wisdom is still standing, but he is wobbling a bit and is looking confused as his blood continues to run out on the ground.

Sherwood Sherwood and Rykon Rykon are up

Round 2
18 - [Mercy]
12 - Amara <====
12 - Aredin <====
10 - Glade
10 - Amara's Sword
7 - Fat Cat
7 - Grey Stone
3 - Celestial Lion
Crashed - Filial Wisdom

Round 3
3 - Mercy

The sky cutter slices deep into the thick skin of the possessed man, drawing a gout of blood that runs down the front of his body and drips on the ground. Filial Wisdom stumbles and looks pale, even as he lets out a painted scream in a tone that no human voice is set to make. Once the scream stops, he looks up at the assembled Exalts in front of him and says, "Do you really think you can stop me? Exalts greater than you have tried for over a thousand years and still I elude capture or destruction. Since flesh is weak, this body may fall, but I will endure as I always have! Ha ha ha!"

With that, a change comes over the man's face as a dark shadow seems to rise up and away from him. It fades away from view of everyone that does not have the ability to see spirits that are not physically manifested. For those that can, the dark shape is clearly a spirit that is hovering above the wounded man, preparing to flee the area.
"Oh, so you make a hobby of running from weaker and weaker exalts do you?" Aredin taunts in an echoing bellow with a vicious smirk. "Sounds to me like you've no prayer, no following, no domain to sustain you outside of the host we just routed. You're probably the only being on this battlefield that will never see creation again when you die. Each of us? We'll just reincarnate again and again. Even these foot soldiers you've suckered into showing up just to soil themselves will see creation again before you would. A rather pathetic state to boast about isn't it, little god? To be weaker than walking fertilizer. I wonder... if we convince them to pray to their crap long enough, will it spawn a greater being than you? It can't have any less dignity, at least."

[Aredin activates Spirit Detecting Glance for 3m as a reflexive action.]
Filial Wisdom is still standing, but he is wobbling a bit and is looking confused as his blood continues to run out on the ground.
"As for you Dawn caste... Are you content to be abandoned so easily like this just to fight a coward's battles for him, or have you seen sense in surrendering to a superior show of arms? You heard it yourself already. No point doubting the very cowardice he just boasted of. Do you really want to die for a god and a people who've so little faith, so little utility, to you up to this point? Because that's what you're facing now if you keep fighting, Filial. Death." The Eclipse caste's glare burns with as much intensity as his flaring anima, making it clear this is the treacherous Solar's last chance to survive this day.

[Taking an intimidate/Threaten action with a full presence excellency for goading Filial Wisdom into surrendering. 4m, given that 1 die is free from Tiger's Dread Symmetry. Aredin's anima advances one stage once again.

Base pool of 10 thanks to charms, +2 assumed for a stunt for 8 successes to Threaten.]

Last edited:
The wounded Solar looks around, seeming to be quite confused with what is going on around him. Slowly, he lowers his daiklave and places a hand against his side where Mercy's Skycutter found its mark. Looking down at the blood seeping out from in between his fingers, he says, "What - what is going on? Where am I?" He seems to be genuinely puzzled.

With Aredin's spirit sight now active, you can see the hulking dark figure of Han Tha still lingering in the area, possibly waiting to see if you kill his former host body or not before fleeing to its haven. But there might be a very different reason for the dark spirit to stick around.

Sherwood Sherwood is up

Round 2
18 - [Mercy]
12 - Amara <====
12 - [Aredin]
10 - Glade
10 - Amara's Sword
7 - Fat Cat
7 - Grey Stone
3 - Celestial Lion
Crashed - Filial Wisdom

Round 3
12 - Aredin
3 - Mercy

Amara is on edge as she looks over at Filial Wisdom, since she is not able to see the spirit ghosting around. Is he being truthful, or is this a ruse to get us to lower our guard? He must still be considered dangerous until we know otherwise.

She says in a firm voice, "You are wounded, out-numbered and surrounded. I will give you one chance; drop your weapon and I will stay my hand. Otherwise I will have to assume that you are still a threat. I don't want to have to kill you, but I will if you force me to."

Last edited:
Filial Wisdom eyes Amara for a moment, obviously trying to get a measure of how dangerous she is. Even with one arm missing, she is a Solar of the Dawn caste, add that is not something to be taken lightly. Add to that the fact that he's pretty badly hurt just makes his decision to drop his blade that much easier.

He drives the daiklave point first into the ground and steps back a few paces, a bit doubled over in pain from his deep cut. In a rough voice, he says, "I yield, girl. I ask you to please spare my life because I have no memory of how I came to be here.'m

What does Amara do? Sherwood Sherwood

Amara keeps a close watch on the man, still not knowing if he is telling the truth. She does not advance on him, and maintains a short distance away from Filial. "Take a seat and relax before you bleed out. We still have an angry spirit to deal with."

Grey Stone saw Han-Tha emerge from Filial Wisdom. He then listened as Aredin taunted the spirit, before taking a deep breath in preparation to speak.

"Han-Tha!" he bellowed in Old Realm, his Caste Mark glowing as he looked at the spirit. "I am Grey Stone of Lookshy, Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, and by the power and responsibility vested in me by the greatest of the Incarnae, I command you to make yourself manifest!"

Spending 7m of Peripheral Essence to use Grey Stone's third Anima Effect; a Persuade action rolling with Charisma + Presence and [Essence] automatic successes to make Han-Tha materialize within the material world, with the spirit compelled to do so as if affected by a Defining Tie (giving him a -3 Resolve penalty against it). Also claiming a one-point stunt to roll with two extra dice.

Six successes, including the two automatic successes.
Peripheral Essence: 25/40
Anima: Glowing

Resolve 3, Guile 1

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 4

Effects:

Last edited:
With those words, the spirit known as Han Tha becomes visible to all. It is huge, towering over everyone except Fat Cat, a thing that is roughly humanoid in shape but far from looking human. It has massive claws on its hands, and a gaping mouth that is large enough to swallow a man whole. It's hide is thick and looks like it is armored, making for a very nasty opponent.

The thing looks over at Gray Stone and says, "Very well, Solar! You want to fight me? Let's see if you can stand against me in my own, natural form!"

Sherwood Sherwood and Chowlett Chowlett are up

Round 2
18 - [Mercy]
12 - [Amara]
12 - [Aredin]
10 - Glade <====
10 - Amara's Sword <====
7 - Fat Cat
7 - Grey Stone
3 - Celestial Lion
Crashed - Filial Wisdom

Round 3
12 - Aredin
12 - Amara
10 - Han Tha
3 - Mercy

Amara positions herself between the wounded Filial and the now manifest Han Tha, and takes up a defensive stance to protect the wounded man. If his claim is true, he may be redeemable. But not if he is dead.

OOC going to go for a Defend Other action
Fivefold Bulwark Stance Active
Increasing Strength Exercise Active boosting my Str to 5
Single Point Shining into the Void Form Active

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 9 / 7
Personal: 16 / 15
Peripheral: 40 / (21) / 0
Committed: 19

Join Battle: 9 +3i
Form Charm Join Battle: 11

Parry: 6
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 2
Guile: 1

Natural Soak: 3
Armored Soak: +8, Hardness 7
Hearthstone Soak: 2
Total Soak: 13

Weapons
Destiny

Attunement: 5m
Type: Light (+5 ACC, +10 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 3)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced

Evocations of Destiny
A user of Destiny may change the result of one die on an attack or damage roll, moving it up or down one digit. For example if a player rolls seven dice with the results “5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 2, 10,” they can change one of the dieʼs digits. In the above example, they might change the “6” up one digit to a “7” thus adding an additional successes. The magic of Destinyʼs evocations directly relates to the numbers rolled on dice. As such some players may also choose to decrease a number rolled.

When a player rolls their attack and it has three “7s” the user increases their weapon parry by 1 for three actions. Should they roll three “7s” again they may increase their parry by an additional 1, to a maximum of their (Melee or Martial Artist, whichever skill they use with Destiny), or extend the duration by 1 action, to a maximum of five actions.

Evocations of Fire Dancer
A user of Fire Dancer may place one of their Intimacies, which must be Defining, as their “innermost desire”. While the Intimacy is set and Fire Dancer is worn the user increases their Withering Damage by 4 when fighting for a cause related to the Intimacy.

Last edited:
The thing looks over at Gray Stone and says, "Very well, Solar! You want to fight me? Let's see if you can stand against me in my own, natural form!"

Although it is not his turn to act, O Mighty Fattest of Cats cannot help but smile grimly at Han Tha in materialized form! Oh, the smackdown the Lunar wants to dish out to this most-deserving of fiends!

Da Chonk is grinning like this and then some!
studio ghibli GIF

OOC - With Chowlett Chowlett being gone for a while, I'm pulling his character out of the initiative order for the time being.

Purr Purr and jaydude jaydude are now up

Round 2
18 - [Mercy]
12 - [Amara]
12 - [Aredin]
10 - <Glade>
10 - [Amara's Sword]
7 - Fat Cat <====
7 - Grey Stone <====
3 - Celestial Lion
Crashed - Filial Wisdom

Round 3