• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay nodded, she agreed with what he was saying. It was obvious but at the same time completely and utterly not. Her identity was completely hidden in plain sight, right in front of them. "The saying of being hidden in plain sight and it's right under your nose feels the biggest understatements ever right now." She replied. Then he brought up the biggest question of them all... Letting Elliott know about Rinaa.

"I have no idea but I also feel that should be a conversation that is told by Jay and Rinaa first before either of us chime in. All we can do is be there for him when he does find out and try and help in any way we can" she gave her opinion as honestly as possible. She got his undertone, the bond actually helped with that this time and she was thankful for it. They did indeed to talk more about their kid, even though she had no idea how on earth they'd discuss it. They'd already agreed about the whole it being so fast aspect, but Rinaa and Jay had just brought their own future and kid to the forefront even more in her mind.

She had to think of a way of getting out of the cockpit and away from Chas for them to discuss their situation in private. It was too obvious to her that it was plaguing both their minds too much to try and ignore it before they reached Elliott, and it was only a matter of hours now.

"Those two need to sit down and talk everything out, we all know that's why Jay isn't flying this ship. It will no doubt come up, its inevitable, and with Elliott being a mind walker, he'd find out sooner or later that we'd held something back." John nodded in agreement, it was near impossible to hold back anything from Elliott, minds were his domain. He could get out any information by forcing his way into somebodys mind. "If they're going to ask anybody's opinion it'll be yours John" At John's expression Chas added "He's your kid, and she's your werewolf granddaughter"

John ran a hand through his hair. "I need a drink, and a lot of time to think" Chas understood and nodded, sensing that John needed space, and for more reasons that he was letting on. "I won't be moving from this cockpit, but if something happens up here, I'll yell and I expect you lot to listen" "Got it mate" John descended down the ladder heading straight for the kitchen, where he grabbed the whiskey and poured himself a mug, before slumping onto the table

Kay nodded, she knew Elliott would get what he wanted out of them, she just thought it'd be better to come from Jay and Rinaa first, then if or when Elliott came to them to ask they'd be able to open and tell him what they knew, listened to anything they don't know still and generally be there. If she was Elliott, she knew that's how she'd want people to be. "Then we won't hold anything back from him...just be there for whatever he'll need, but the initial word needs to come from Jay and Rinaa" she clarified her previous words.

She looked at John when he said about needing a drink and to think. That was their perfect opportunity to talk things through but she also wanted to give him space. She was torn on what to do despite being just as worked up as he was. But this was how she was all the time, she put everyone else first and not thought about her own emotions. She watched him go down to the kitchen and she sighed. "I'm gonna go after him...just to keep an eye from a distance...if you need me holla" she told Chas, really not wanting to be left alone with him incase he grilled her for any information about John.

So she left hastily, and climbed down the ladder. She was pretty sure her actions alone would make things suspicious but she didn't care. She just headed to the kitchen and leaned against the doorframe, gauging if John wanted her around first. "Want a drinking partner?" She asked him.

"I trust you to make sure he doesn't get too pissed or do anything too stupid" were Chas's parting words. They conveyed his trust in her to not let his mate do anything stupid, and his acceptance that she'd probably be of more use to him at this moment in time than he'd be. It was an acceptance of her status as whatever she was right now. Chas knew that they'd be discussing everything later, no matter how much John would deny it, he relying on Chas's insight. But right now Chas had a spaceship to fly.

John looked up as she entered "knock yourself out" He accepted her offer, gesturing at the bottle. It was pointless denying it, he needed to talk to somebody about all this crap. He'd get Chas's insight later, but out of everyone on the ship, only Kay knew the full extent of what was going on "If you're thinking half the shit I am, then you need it"

As she left she had given Chas a simple nod to acknowledge what he said and to reassure him she'd do exactly that. She wasn't going to let John do anything stupid, even if it bit her in the proverbial ass. She gave John the tiniest smile when she got the reply she was hoping for as she leaned against the kitchen doorframe. Walking in, she walked over to the bottle, picking it up and pouring herself a drink into the next nearest mug she could find. He sure wasn't wrong about her needing it. She sat on the chair next to him as he was slumped on the table. Kay noted how their sitting positions had changed but it was a stupid little thing in comparison to everything else that was spinning in her head.

"Yeah.. I am. How could I not be? This whole...shit is just making me think not only how Elliott is going to react, how those two in the med bay are gonna be feeling but us too... Or more to the point, our own future kid. I am terrified John...I'm terrified our first meeting will be something like theirs, how we'd even cope with being parents... I'm so scared of so many things" she admitted. "Yet I don't want our daughter to feel how Rinaa must be feeling...that she has to almost kill herself to get us to know her..." She added, her voice was quiet but breaking ever so slightly.

John listened and drank as Kay spilled her thoughts. The whiskey was good, even if it had come form some weird form of alien grain that was probably cannibalistic to humans or grew upside down, or whatever space plants did. He could feel the emotion both in her voice and through their bond. What they had just seen it had been horrific in ways and he was not surpsided that Jay wasn't coping with it. He himself wasn't coping with it. He'd be more surprised if Kay said she was okay with everything. If she'd said such a thing, he'd accuse her of lying.

Hearing her voice break, he wrapped an arm around her before letting out his thoughts. "Elliott'll have to deal with having a kid with somebody he hasn't even told how he feels. From the little I've seen Jay and Rinaa have similar personalities. It'll be majorly rocky for the next while as they try to figure it out. But Jay's tough, she survived all that crap in prison, and Ell's survived losing everybody he cared about. He's strong enough to get through, but not without some serious awkwardness."

That was followed by his own insecurities "I'm fucking terrified too. You had a vaguely normal set of parents, I had an abusive, alcoholic father for a father, and a mother who's death I was blamed for. Not to mention being the surving twin, when by rights I should have died." His voice went weird when he spoke of his mother, it was still very much an open wound. "I don't want to be my father. He was an absaloute brute to me, and I used to take the blows intended for my sister too, she didn't deserve them. I don't want to that much of a fuck up that I take it out in those I should be showing love to. With my lifestyle and decision to take stupid risks pissing of both demons and powered superhuman, how can I guarantee a safe life for any kid of mine? And I certainly don't want to see somebody go through all that pain just to see their parents when they were younger. I don't want to be so inept that I drive my kid into the past seeking a better....whatever it was that Rinaa came here for. Hell I don't want to be involved in any time travelling family shit, that always ends badly with somebody obsessing over the future.

The moment he wrapped an arm round her she just slumped into him, staring into her own mug of whiskey that she began drinking as he replied to her. He was right, Elliott was strong enough to deal with it all... Probably stronger than they were. Then came his insecurities about being terrified like she was. She listened to his reasons for being terrified and they were incredibly valid. She knew it'd scare the living crap out of him, knowing how he was brought up. She noted how his voice went when he mentioned his mother, she knew it'd forever be an open wound for him.

"If there's one thing I know John, it's you won't be like him...you're nothing like him. Bringing up Elliott has proved that in so many ways. But I know what you mean...bringing up a kid in our lifestyles? It's too much... I don't want her going through all that to see us either but if she's out there in some future then we clearly have her no matter how terrified we are now...I don't want to be involved either, I'm barely coping with the crap we're learning about me, but I can't help but feel we're gonna end up seeing her through time travel whether we want it or not" she explained. D

He listened to Kay's words, knowing that she spoke the truth. But it was just one of those insecurities that haunted him. Where he grew up, most turned out exactly like their parents, albeit after a brief teenage rebellious phase. It was one of the few things he was terrified to his core of. Even though he had killed his old man, Thomas Constantine still held a sway from him from beyond the grave. And when he inevitably died and descended into hell, there would be the inevitable Constantine family reunion. It was one event that hell was hotly anticipating and preparing for, if his sources were to believed.

"Even when I rid myself of him, he still effects me. But you're right. Elliott turned out better than I did, so there is some hope. Unfortunatly it seems inevitable we're going to have a time-travelling kid. Let's hope she has more sense than I do."

She listened to him. She couldn't blame him for it still haunting him. Her own birth mother's death still haunted her and she wasnt even there when it happened. Her own father walking out on her still haunted her also, so she really did understand where he was coming from.

"There's always hope John..I have to believe that. If I stopped believing it I would have never met you and be Hell's weapon by now no doubt." She began replying to him, sighing in between breaths before she continued, "mm..won't be hard" she quipped with a tiny smirk on her face, even though her head was near enough buried in John's shoulder. "but in all seriousness, I just hope it's not either of us on death's door that brings her to us...I can't lose you John" she admitted, surprising herself that the last bit even escaped her lips. Yet it was true, she couldn't bare to lose him, he was her home and she didn't know what she'd do if he was taken from her.

(Took me til this morning to post but finally managed to...had a migraine from hell last night so couldn't finish typing this out lol)

Normally John would debate the whole "There's always hope thing." Which would then turn into him thinking back on his times as a patient in a mental asylum and the depths and darkness he had sunk to after losing Astra. There was no way he wanted to permanently lose anybody. It had taken him a while to get used to seeing Chas dying, and even though he'd never admit it, it hurt him every time when he saw his mate slumped and dead. It was limited immortality after all. There's come a point where Chas ran out, so they de other have to recast the spell (which would involve a lot of deaths) or be extra careful.

He heard Kay's comment and smirked "Yup, it really isn't" He wasn't as surprised at Kay's words as he would have been a few days ago. So much had happened since then. "You don't have to worry, even if I do die I'll just be so annoying that Hell will kick me out and Heaven won't take me. Either that or I'll con my way out."He was partially joking, partially serious.

(It's okay, hope you're feeling better. Today is my brother birthday so things are kinda crazy on my end)

Even though Kay said it, she knew he'd not fully believe the whole hope subject, but she had to, which was her whole reason for saying it. It was now one of the only other things that was keeping her going..other than John. She may be immortal, but she knew he wasn't and was darn sure he'd die way before she would unless the downworld got her with iron. She couldnt let herself think like that though, not yet anyway. She just wondered if he felt anywhere near the same towards her. She k we he didn't want to lose anyone else but it still made her wonder.

She listened to his reply about not being able to lose him and heard no surprise in his tone which was a reassurance to her, as it seemed to show he wasn't phased by her little admittance. Hearing what he relied with made her know that he was only partially joking. She knew his sense of humour and his serious tones well enough by this point. "You better..." She told him back.

(I'm alright thanks, slightly queezy still but ho hum I'll live! And okay)

"Oh I will, I'm far too much of a bastard for the world to let go. Despite what they say, every once in a while the world needs a bastard like me to be there. And besides, I got out once, I can sure do it again." He sounded confident, cocky even in his assumptions. Some he knew were facts, others might have been his imagination. But one thing that was 100% true was that he had indeed gone to hell. It was the rule, a suicide always went to hell, no matter what. There was nothing in his voice or posture to suggest just how much of a hold Hell really had over him, yet it was there. He'd seen things that shouldn't have been seen by anyone. And a moment in hell felt like an eternity. He had no plans on staying around if he did go down.

Talking had made things better in his mind, even if it wa no less complicated than earlier. He took another slug of the whiskey appreciating that Jay had hood alcohol taste, just like Elliott had said.

Kay would have been surprised by his statement of going to Hell once, but she wasn't. She wasn't sure if she had heard it before or not, but something told her inside to not be shocked by the news. She knew his past was troublesome and checkered to say the least. "As long as you come back to me. Or I will beat your ass" she smirked. She guessed it was her way of telling him she loved him, but she couldn't be 100% certain. She was also sure she would never leave him and if she was taken again, she'd fight to come back to him.

Like him, talking had helped her. Sure, the complexity didn't lessen or the fear of bringing a kid into this insane world, but it had helped in some way. She knew deep down they'd be able to do it, both were too stubborn to give up on a kid, it was the not knowing how that scared her. Kay also drank more of her own whiskey feeling glad she was no lightweight.

"I don't doubt that for a second, but you will have to join the queue, Chas, Elliott and Sheryl have all said the same thing" He added, his paradoxical way of saying that yes, he would come back, no matter what stood between him and her. But like with most things about John, he couldn't say this stuff in an outward fashion like a normal person. The true meaning had to be searched for.

He lapsed into a comfortable silence, sipping occasionally from the whiskey. He couldn't think of anything more to say, he had said all that he needed to and felt better for it, but if Kay had anything she wanted to get off her chest, he was all ears.

Kay smirked at his reply. That she did not doubt for a split second, she knew how the others were around him and she hoped that he truly knew how many people really cared about him. "There won't be need for a queue, we'll all gang up on you together as a team" she said to him, half jokingly. She could just picture it now, they all surround him in a circle and take it in turns in punching him. The idea was highly amusing to her mentally.

The silence was indeed comfortable for once, when normally she'd hate silence, but with John it was never uncomfortable for some reason. She sipped more of her whiskey until she had finished it and she put the mug down on the table. There wasn't anything else she could truly think to say on any of the matters that had worked them up so much. She just felt better for being able to openly tell him how scared she was, instead of bottling it all up. She glanced at her phone for the time, as she was curious of the time and how much time they had left before reaching Attil. She hoped they had enough time to enjoy being this laid back for a few minutes, as she just felt they needed these moments of breathing time before each dramatic moment came their way. She was also aware if she was a lightweight, she probably would have used the time to throw herself on him, but she wasn't and had more respect for them both than that.

It would be a testimony to just how crazy his life was that he could imagine them all ganging up on him. But it brought a genuine smile of happiness to his face. Even amongst the craziness that was his life, he still managed to find the humour in Kay's remark, and to show it. When Kay checked her phone, he removed his arm from around her in order to check his watch. When Jay had given them a time update, he'd taken note, and now looking at his watch, he did the maths. A few hours had passed, meaning just under eight to go.

Idly he wondered how long before he could see Attil. Sure Elliott had described it to him, but he wanted to take it in with his own eyes, to see the place that brought so many mixed memories to Elliott's mind. "There is still over seven eight hours to go. And I honestly don't know whether I want to get there or not."

Kay had noticed the genuine smile on his face. That was something that she'd never tire of seeing, the genuine smiles her little remarks would bring him. She'd always been like that, always strived to see she was making others happier even if they were down in the darkest depths of their mind. She never cared fully for herself, her time on the run being the only time she put herself first. She didnt think she'd ever change either.

She let him check his watch, noting he clearly had the same thought as she did as she just checked the time then put her phone back in her pocket. She really ought to buy herself a watch she thought. She glanced up at him when he said how much time was left and she sighed. She hoped more time had passed but clearly not. "Mm..still a while then. But how come? I thought you'd want nothing more than to get there?" She replied to him. It was no lie either, she didn't think she'd ever hear him say he wasn't sure if he wanted to get there.

He sighed, trying to figure out how to put his thought into words. "Oh don't get me wrong, I want to get my idiot kid out of there as fast as possible. But this is his home planet. Whether he talks about it or not, he was born there, his childhood was there. Its not all bad memories that he has of that place. Elliott's been gone for over a decade. He doesn't know what's happened to his sister, his mother, his father. What kind of people they are now. Inevitably when we get there, the shit will hit the fan at the family reunion, he's going back to stop his past defining his life, to face his fears"

"And I don't want to see this hurt him more than it already has. Getting to Attil, steeping foot on the planet he grew up on, walking the streets he walked through, all that stuff, it makes it real, it makes what he's done real, up until now I could myself that this was all a dream, but getting there, seeing everyone, it makes it real. Maybe he's not ready to face it, maybe it goes wrong? What he's facing, he has to do it alone, stand up for himself. I'll be by his side all the way, but in the end, nobody can fix or end this but him. Blood or no blood, I raised him, he's a better person than I could ever be, and I want them all to see see that, to see who he is, what he has become."

He ran a hand through his hair. " That probably makes no sense."

Kay listened to every single word he said, it made sense now that he was putting it into words. She suddenly got it, and put herself in his shoes to understand it all the more. She knew if she ever were to find the place in Paradise where those moods were, where her kind was wiped out she'd no doubt feel the same way, her mother was created there and created all of phoenix kind there. So if she had the opportunity to go, she knew she'd want to but knew she'd be hesitant to see also.

"It does make sense John..I get it. It was like when I went back to the family house with you. I knew I had to go, but wasn't sure if I did want to... Or if I was ever to go to where my mother was created. There's so much history there, I'm not sure is want to go, even if part of me did go" she replied to him, hoping she now made sense. "It's tough.. and yeah you're right a lot of this Ell does have to do alone, but at least he'll have you there to give him that push both metaphorically and literally if it came to it, to make him finish what he started." She told him.

Thankfully Kay managed to make sense of the word vomit that came out of his mouth. He wasn't the greatest at explaining what went on in his head, a fact that was evident to everybody close to him, but for Kay he was willing to try, she didn't have the instinctive understanding that Elliott, Chas and his sister possessed through the years of experience they shared together. He couldn't verbalise emotions yet he could come up with brilliant speeches and witty comebacks when facing fatal danger. "I'm glad you do, cos that was a shite explanation on my part."

"Well, he's had me drag myself all these millions miles across the universe, so I'll be bloody delighted to do that. I really do want to see what he decides to do with himself now he's back on Attil. I wonder if he'll find Cal again, considering how close they were as kids. It'll be another level of weirdness for them to deal with, seeing their kid sibling as a fully grown adult."
He was genuinely curious, wanting to meet Cal to see if she lived up to Elliott's stories, and to thank her for trying when nobody else would.

Kay smirked at his reply. It may have been shit in his eyes but she still understood it, coming from growing up with someone like Sam who would ramble for ages before getting to the point at hand. So she used to people trying to explain their thoughts but struggling to do so. She honestly thought if John could see how much she out with when she was younger he'd think her as having the patience of a saint.

"Mm.. I wonder, I could imagine him trying to see Cal if they really were that close as kids. I also don't doubt how weird it would be to see your kid sibling all grown up now." She replied, she could tell from his tone he was genuinely curious about it all and she hazard a guess that he'd want to meet Elliott's sister for himself. She certainly was curious to see this sister for herself after she got told the whole story of what she did for Elliott. "I guess in just a short few hours we'll find out" she added.

"Oh they were that close, but all will be revealed soon, if this Cliff pulls through, which somehow, I believe she will. I can't believe I'm saying this..." he raised an eyebrow before speaking the next sentence, realising just how ridiculous it would sound to the casual observer with no context or knowledge about anything that had gone on onboard these past few days. "but I trust the time-travelling were-wolf's judgement on this. Clearly she has faith in somebody, even if it isn't one of the immediate people on board this ship."

He then chuckled at his own words, "time-travelling werewolf, hells that sounds like the plot of a crappy b-movie or little known straight to DVD release thing."

Kay had a feeling she knew what he was going to say but wasn't entirely sure for certain. Yet when he said he trusted Rinaa's judgement on Cliff she realised she was sort of on the right track. She just had that feeling Rinaa would come I to it somehow when he said he couldn't believe he was about to say what he did. She chuckled when he described her as it did sound indeed ridiculous to anyone but them.

"It really does sound like a crap B movie thing you're right" she chuckled. "Only to us could something like that sound almost normal" she remarked, "and even then it's a bloody stretch" she added. "But hey... If we have a phoenix in our group, what's a time travelling werewolf?' she laughed. Even in this shit show, she could still find something to laugh about, even if she didn't know how she managed to half of the time.

"It's quite the bloody stretch, splits across as chasm kind of thing" He snarked back in reponse. They really had aquired such a strange set of people in such a short space of time. His life really was more b-movie worthy than ever. "Add that to the aliens, we practically have a multi-racial zoo. So what will we get next? A Pegasus? A Gorgon? A Dalek? A three-headed shape shifting cat that can fly and shoot lasers from it's ears?"

By the last one he was smirking and spouting gibberish, although if a three headed cat with ears that shot lasers and the ability to fly appeared, he'd probably adopt it as a mascot for the gang. Also it just sounded so stupid it had to be cool

Kay just smirked at his snarky tone in his reply. He had a point, of course he did. They were the weirdest group of people ever to form together, but here they were. She let him ramble on and she just laughed, especially by the time he got to the cat comment. She knew it was gibberish but he still managed to make her laugh. Though she did think if Pegasus' were real she'd no doubt lose her mind as she always thought they were cool in books.

"You never know with us lot and what we'll find. Could be anything at this point or nothing at all." She replied, thinking they were becoming more and more like the game 'guess who' as more new people came into their lives. "We're like an intergalactic guess who game board" she smirked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back