• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Even without kay's words Rinaa's head was down, she knew the drill. The blood was soaking into her hoodie sleeve, ruining the fabric. Without hesitation Chas took off the old flannel shirt he was wearing over his black t-shirt and passed it over. "This'll do, its old so if gets ruined, its okay." The dreadlocked girl took it, jamming it right against her face, pinching the bridge of her nose and tying not to breath too deeply.

Even through the hoodie Rinaa's skin was cold..too cold. And her mental walls were strong, so she wasn't loosing control and projecting her emotions and thoughts into Kay's mind like Elliott had during his nightmares. She was in control but hanging by a thread. It was her sheer willpower that was preventing this from happening, even as the blood continued to flow. A small trickle appeared from each ear. But she spoke "You think I don't know this already? I was bitten six months ago, the process started was irreversible. I've been supressing the effects, and this is the suppression failing as I've developed an immunity to the blocker. Shortly after this I'll start seizing, shifting, I'll probably start trying to tear my throat out, then cardiac spasms. I need to be dosed up with whatever blockers you have on board"

Kay watched as Chas helped by giving the shirt off his back, quite literally. She gave Chas the look to say thanks as it seemed Rinaa was most definitely incapable of doing so. She tried to help but yet again Rinaa was giving her attitude for it. She wondered why she even bothered. She felt how cold her skin was through the fabric, and it did in fact concern her greatly.

She listened to her snark and attitude and had to grit her teeth from giving her a dose of her own metaphorical medicine back. So she was a were-being. Her and John's theory was just now proven correct finally. She looked up at Jay, "Jay, is there anything in the med bay that Rinaa needs?" She asked, it was obvious she was trying so hard to not use a snarky tone over the whole thing, mostly toward Rinaa. "Because if there is, I highly recommend you take her and do as she says" she told her. Her pissed off tone was slipping through just a tiny amount.

"Yes, there is" Jay's tone was firm, she'd already made up her mind about something, but the firmness seemed to be more to assure herself that her choice was the right one. "You three get her down to the med-bay and strap her down. In one of the cabinets there's vitamin K and whole host of other coagulants. It'll stop the blood flow by making the blood less runny. A dose of 15 millilitres of vitamin K should do the trick, and while you are there, see if there is anything to prevent seizures"

John and Chas nodded, getting Rinaa (whose bleeding wasn't getting any better) to the med bay. John took the job of strapping her down, while Chas began scouring the cupboards for what was needed, instructing Kay to look for the seizure medication. He found the liquid vitamin K bottle, and a syringe, which was carefully filled with an outer calmness that did not reflect his inner turmoil. At some point the blood soaked hoodie had been removed, making it easier to inject her. Jay rejoined them a few moment later, the Omega cannister in her hands. That's when John and Chas both knew that it was worse than they could already tell

Kay was seriously hoping Jay wouldn't have said what she did. Yet low and behold, she got told to take her to the med bay with John and Chas, meaning no escape from Rinaa just yet. She wasn't going to argue but reluctantly did as Jay said, helping Chas and John take Rinaa down to the med bay after Jay told them what they needed to find and give Rinaa once down there.

Once in the med bay she let John strap down Rinaa whilst Chas looked for the vitamin K vials, nodding to her instruction of looking for something to stop the seizures that would come soon enough. So Kay looked around, rummaging carefully through the cupboards and cabinets until eventually she found what they needed. She grabbed the bottle they'd need an walked back to the bed that had Rinaa on it, standing between John and Chas. When Jay walked back in with the omega cannister from the other day, she too knew this was worse than they thought initially. She stepped to one side to let Jay through.

Chas took the seizure medication with a grateful nod, before administering it to the strapped down Rinaa. The bottom half of the girl's face was covered in both wet and crusting blood. With her face on view for the first time, it was perfectly clear who she was. She had Jay's narrow facial structure, arching eyebrows, sharp chin and no doubt a wide selection of smirks. Her cheekbones and eye shape were Elliott's however. Rinaa was also only seventeen years old but her eyes spoke of seeing and knowing things beyond her years. Currently her expression was one of agony, her body already beginning to strain instinctively against the straps. The scars on her throat were brutally extensive up close. The site of the bite no doubt.

Seeing the looks given to her by all four Jay set her shoulders and gave her explanation. "This stuff damn near killed me, and my brother. But it might just be enough to save her life." "Well if this goes to shit at least you've got your dead body to use for the switch" It was clear from Rinaa's quiet tone that she was in immense pain, yet she was willing to make an attempt at gallows humour. There was something suggesting that she didn't expect to pull through. John and Chas shot looks at each other that said 'this kid is something else'.

Even as Jay opened the cannister, unscrewing the top and lifting out the syringe holster, the changes Rinaa predicted started to place. Patches of inky blue-black fur began to rise from her arms, growing and retreating back into her skin. Her hands morphed to claws, skeletal bone structure that erupted from between the gaps of her fingers. The fingers themselves shrinking and becoming stubbier. The real thrashing began. The muscles in her arms straining, her skin being rubbed away by the lather and metal straps. The girls eyes were screwed shut, and her teeth were clenched in an attempt not to to scream. "If you want to get out, now is the time" Jay adressed them all, as she detatched one of the injectors.

Kay took in Rinaa's current state and look. The moment her full face came into view properly, her mouth dropped a gape just a little bit. She recognised Jay's features and Elliott's instantly, which meant if she did then John had to have done. It was true... Rinaa was his grandkid...and in a round about manner, her grandkid. She didn't know how to fully compute that information, so many more questions just piling into her mind. If she's they're grandkid, then who told her to keep that iron shard in her side? Was the future version of themselves? Did they warn her how they'd be toward her? Did she know who their daughter was? We're they from the same universe or different? If different, was there a version of their daughter that she knew? It was honestly making her head spin.

She watched on as Rinaa began to change in front of them all, but stepped out of the way when Jay came up to her with omega. Kay didn't need to be warned twice about leaving, the moment they were given the option she turned on her heels and left without a single word, leaning against the wall just outside the med bay. She ran her hands through her hair, stopping them on the back of her head with a hefty sigh.

Both Chas and John were caught halfway both wanting to leave, yet at the same time wanting to see exactly what would happen. So they settled for standing a safe distance away in the door of the med-bay and watched. It was as Jay approached that the fangs popped out, splitting clean through Rinaa's clenched lips. Her facial features shifted, becoming more wolfish, her hair untangling from the dreadlocks and shrinking to a choppy shoulder cut. Her ears (which were already pointed) became furrier.

Rinaa snarled, revealing the full extent of her fangs. The canines had elongated the most, nearly touching the bottom of her chin, the rest were now long, pointed and some serrated. She twisted against the straps, her body contirting, both fighting the transformation and embracing it, looking for any weakness to exploit. The leather rubbed the skin raw, drawing more blood, but still she persisted. She began snapping at Jay with her fangs. Then came the moment Jay had been internally dreading, the arm strap cracked and broke. One limb was all that was needed for Rinaa to free herself from the bonds, landing on the floor with a growl, claws drawn. "Shut the bloody door!" Jay ordered the dumb-struck Chas and John before the two launched themselves at each other.

Kay couldn't face going inside. She had a feeling the two men would want to stay but at a distance, it was just who they were. They never walked away from shit that could get them killed. As much as Kay had that instinct, this just felt too different to her. She listened in on what was happening, hearing the snapping and thrashing against the bonds that held Rinaa before she heard the snap of the bonds and Rinaa was free.

That was the last straw for Kay, she wasnt going to let either of them be involved with this, she had to get them out when Jay shouted about shutting the door. She turned to the doorway and saw what Rinaa had turned into, her eyes going wide. "Guys get the hell outta there!!" She told them, her tone showing she was messing around as she made a grab for the door to close it. "And I'm not telling you both twice!!" She sternly said. She knew with her own being she could survive being in there to help Jay but she didn't want to risk it. The night before and how Rinaa was just moments ago out her off helping.

She also didn't know when she would become pregnant or if she even was already, there was too much at stake. She even made a grab for John's arm. "Please!" She now begged.

They listened, and retreated, slamming the door shut. The door had two sets of deadbolt on each side, John drew across the top one, while Chas did the bottom one. There was no windows of any sort into the med bay, so they could only guess by the sounds what was going on in there. "Bloody Hells, that was....." Chas couldn't finish the sentence with words to do the situation justice, so he just trailed off. "I wasn't expecting it to be that bad" John replied, leaning back against the wall. "no wonder the kid doesn't want to be near us" "Did you see her face? Those cheekbones and eyes were Elliott's, no doubt about that"

From inside the room came snarls, the sound of blows connecting with flesh, and what could only be described as a war cry from Jay followed, by somebody being thrown against the wall, shaking it violently, Chas and John stepping backwards, horrified.

Kay thanked her lucky stars that both of them listened to her for once and retreated from the med bay and not become stubborn enough to ignore her. She watched as they both locked the door with the dead bolts. She was also thankful there were no window as she really didn't want to see what was happening in there. Her imagination was going into over drive as it was, just got the sounds escaping the room.

Nodding she replied to John, "I noticed it too... And the clear narrow facial features being like Jay's...Rinaa is definitely their kid, there's no bloody denying the biology there" she said. Seeing the walls shake unnerved her more than the demons and anything else she'd seen in these last two to three years.

The noises behind the door subsided into silence. The two glanced at the door, then each other, coming to an unwritten agreement not to open it up. When Kay spoke Chas nodded in agreement, glad he was not the only one who had seen the similarities between Jay, Elliott and Rinaa. "there really isn't. Guess it is proof that those to finally get their act together. As well as making me a grandfather of a time traveller" The unspoken part of that sentence was along with being a blood father to a telepathic daughter in the future, who I have with Kay. "I don't even know what that makes you Chas"

"It makes me seriously confused and question everything. She looks about seventeen, not even an adult yet. Which makes me wonder, and not for the first time, why she is here in the first place. And I would be hesitant to accuse Rinaa of being her birth name." This was clearly jarring and frustrating him.

When Chas nodded in agreement to what she said, she knew they were all thinking the same thing and came to the same conclusion about who Rinaa is. She listened to John and couldn't help but smirk very very briefly before it disappeared off her face, he had a point. It did mean they sorted out their shit and got together.

Of course Chas was getting frustrated, it was clear he had more questions running round his mind, it sure made more run through hers. "You're not the only one who has more questions in their head and frustrated about it... We solve one mystery with her and it opens up even more" she replied. She just didn't say that alot of those questions she had were kind of almost selfish ones. "We can only hope she's here for a good reason and not to cause more problems for everyone..." She then added quietly.

"I know one thing... I'll be glad when this crap is over with and we're all back home" she casually but solemnly spoke. Kay just wanted nothing more than to lay flat out on the old couch of John's and pretend for five minutes that this all never happened and what was happening was about to happen.

"I second that, I'll probably just crash out on the couch for a week and not move for a week" John sighed, echoing Kay's thought unbeknownst to himself. "Well I'm taking the family on some vacation for a few weeks somewhere you can't find me. Maybe hiking or scuba diving or paragliding, no earth danger compares to this shite show" Chas sighed, reiterating his earlier thoughts on getting away from John's craziness for a while. When he inevitably came back he'd get thrust right into it again, but right now he missed his family that much was clear.

The men lapsed into their thought, only be drawn out of them again, by a knock from the inside of the door. "You can unbolt the door, it's done" Chas drew back the bolts, and the door swung open to reveal Jay with a claw mark across one cheek, and Rinaa restrapped to a different table with far more restraints, stone cold unconscious.

Kay couldnt stop the smirk that reappeared on her face when John said about crashing on the couch. "I was just thinking the same thing" she told him and nodded to Chas when he mentioned about going on a vacation, "you definitely deserve it Chas" she told him with a smile. Kay knew just as well as the others how much crap he put up with being friends with John, so to say he deserves the holiday was a complete understatement in her mind.

She then looked toward the door when she heard Jay bang on it and call through that it was safe to open it once more. She watched Chas reopen the deadbolt and when the door opened, Kay looked in to see Rinaa out cold and the scratch on Jay. She was glad Jay managed to sedate Rinaa and actually impressed she managed it alone. She just wouldn't say anything.

"Yeah, I really I am, I'm long overdue" He smiled, accepting the implied recognition of the shite he put up with. He was better at accepting implied praise than actual praise. "Bloody bollocks, what the hell was that?" John asked, stepping back in, as Jay plopped herself down on a chair drawing it up to near Rinaa. She had shifted back to her normal seventeen year old self, but now had two gaping holes below her bottom lip. Jay ran a hand through her hair "she's the equivilant of a space werewolf, the particular species I think is called Astras Lupus. But I'm no expert on this."

She sighed, showing just how sick of all this crap she really was. "But she is also a chimera at the same time. It's the only possible way she can be my kid." The physical imilarities between her and Rinaa had not escaped Jay's attention. It was clear she was still trying to wrap her head around everything. Her thought process was one of confusion, disbelief, curiosity and realisation that some day something would happen between her and Elliott. "Why do you say that?" Chas asked, seeing that nobody else was going to ask what was an extremely personal question. "I was sterilised, it's physically impossible for me to have a child by natural means. Plus she has multihelixed DNA, more than the normal double helix."

Kay followed on in when John and Chas walked in, with John starting the questioning of what the hell happened. She stood to one side and saw how Rinaa looked like her normal self again, a ln appearance Kay didn't think she'd find herself being glad to see, but she was. She really didn't want to see werewolf Rinaa ever again.

She listened as Jay acknowledged the fact she was her kid. She could tell she was trying so hard to wrap her head around the whole thing, something that mirrored in Kay's own thoughts. Herself and Jay had now had something in common... They were both mothers in the future, only difference was Jay's was here right now unconscious, and Kay's was god knows when. She would have asked how it was the only possible way but Chas beat her to it.

The answer Jay gave was not one Kay was expecting. It was an answer that brought up more questions to her. Mostly if Jay purposely chose to be sterile or if it was forced upon her. She had heard stories back home of it being forced on young women and it upset her, despite herself never being the mother type. It was wrong no matter how you tried to look at it and that was something Kay always acknowledged.

Jay could see the questions written on everyone's face, it was the same thing every time she told people about her reproductive state. And she always told them the truth, preferring them to hear it straight rather than talk about it behind her back. "Before you predictably ask or try to figure it out, it wasn't by choice. It was an unknown side effect from the large doses Omega inhibitor I was given back in prison. Omega reacts differently with different people and has a whole host of side effects. The damage is both permanent and irreversible." She finished, hoping that the answers were satisfactory enough for the topic to move away from her (lack of) reproductive organs.

John didn't question any further. It was an uncomfortable topic, especially considering the dilemmas of having his own future kid, which had been praying on his mind basically ever since he and Kay had confirmed their thoughts. With Rinaa unconscious in front of them, Chas took the time to see what other similarities he could find between Rinaa and her mother. The unconscious had both her parents height, being almost as tall as John despite being seventeen. She had Jay's athletic frame, and strangely Elliott's long guitar player fingers. Jay was still trying to wrap her head around everything. She had been in prison with her own kid, fought in prison riots, cheated and swindled at cards together. All time having no idea who she really was. Jay cursed quietly in various languages burying her head in her hands as she attempted to wrap her head around it.

Kay gave Jay her full attention when she explained how it all happened. It indeed was an uncomfortable topic and without even knowing it, she had subconsciously stepped closer to John and held onto his arm. Hearing what the Omega injections did to Jay had brought out a motherly aide to her, she only briefly felt when Elliott was hurt or upset... Or when she heard their future daughter calling her mum in her mind. She hid it well through making her actions look like she was fidgeting with her T-shirt, but she did subconsciously run her fingers over her own lower torso with her spare hand that wasn't wrapped through John's, before she then held onto John with that hand also, practically hugging him from the side.

She watched Chas step up to Rinaa and take in the other similarities of her that ties her to Jay and Elliott. She also looked as Jay was struggling to take it all in, knowing she had spent so much messed up time with her own kid and never knew it. Kay didn't know what to do or say, or if there even was anything to do or say. So she kept silent but her thoughts were running wild. They never truly stopped since her and John's talk.

John let Kay grab onto him, his mind was a vortex of thoughts that would have floored even the most capable telepath. It was hard to put together everything that he had just seen and heard. His kid, Elliott's kid, Kay, werewolves, telepathy, empaths, Elliott, Attil, hereditary abilities, aliens, prison, his life choices up until that moment in time, pregnancy, how on Earth he could be a functioning parent, complete and utter confusion, to categorise a few.

Jay leaned back on the chair after fifteen minutes or so embroiled in her own thoughts and sighed. "Life is so fucked up" "I second that statement" "Same here." for once they were all on the same page.

Like John, Kay's mind was no clearer of thoughts. It was filled to the brim and she was certain if one more thing got announced that was big, her mind would quite literally implode on itself and she'd be dead... temporarily. She wondered how on earth she was even still standing and dealing with it all when out of their whole group, she had been in the world the least amount of time. It felt like they all had been silent forever, when it wasn't. Then Jay spoke up which made John and Chas agree on what she said.

She felt she didn't need to say anything to agree with them all, she just nodded with a simple "mm" coming from her as she agreed. Life was fucked up, beyond fucked up and here they were seeing between them all, at one point in time or another they were all bringing kids into this messed up world. She knew when this was all over, she'd need a seriously stiff drink whilst she was still able to drink.

"If I wasn't technically on duty as a pilot I'd be getting completely smashed" Jay sighed, looking at the unconscious teenager strapped to the table. She was repeating herself, she knew that much, but she was shaken by what she'd seen and had to do, the theories were running wild already. She made up her mind there and then that she wasn't leaving the med bay until they a) began the final approach to Attil or b) she got proper answers to her questions

"I'm not leaving this room til I get answers, so until then Chas you're in charge of making sure we don't crash into something before or final descent." Chas nodded and got up to leave, John quickly following, hoping and expecting Kay to do the same.

Kay couldn't blame Jay saying she'd get hammered if she could, it echoed her own thoughts. It was obvious to her that Jay needed time alone with Rinaa and it was only confirmed when Jay said she's not leaving the med bay. She let go briefly of John's arm when he began to follow Chas out the room, to which she gladly followed. She left the med bay completely with the two of them and sighed.

"I really feel sorry for Jay...to find out that way? It's rough..." She quietly remarked. Her tone was genuine, she really did feel sorry for her. She couldn't imagine meeting her kid in such a way, hearing a voice was one thing, but Kay figured at least her and John would meet their kid the normal way, and not in the way Jay had. Though, she wouldn't put it passed their lives to be introduced to their kid when she was grown up either.

John nodded "its just all kinds of screwed up, hell even I even feel sorry for her, I can only imagine what is going through her head" He sighed, subtly conveying to Kay that he was just as messed up about his kid as Jay was about hers. "That's probabaly the worst way to find out, to have your kid nearly die in front of you, then try to kill you" Chas sighed, when Jay emerged he would offer himself as somebody to spill to. He was pretty sure she'd accept too, considering her other options.

"When you put it like that, it sounds even worse. No wonder she wore the mask, even if we had our theories." The mask had been the one thing standing in the way of their theories until now. "I guess she was relying on whatever inhibitor/ blocker she was using to last until this whole thing was over. And the anti-psychotics make sense now. Geez I feel so sorry for the kid, having to deal with all this crap alone"

Kay agreed with what John replied with. It was screwed up and like him, she felt sorry for Jay majorly. She also understood he was subtly conveying about their future kid scenario. She felt the same way, and likes Rinaa was keeping her identity a secret, so were they. She went to reply but when Chas spoke up, she let him speak first. John was right, it did sound so much worse the way Chas described it. She didn't want to have to meet her kid whilst one of them were on death's door either.

The mask definitely made sense now, despite them having figured it out quite early on, even if they did think they were just crazy theories at the time. She had thoughts run through her head if their kid came back from the future to meet them, would she hide her identity like Rinaa did or would she be upfront? It was just making her head hurt more metaphorically speaking. "I never thought I'd say this but so do I. I feel for both of them. This is the roughest ways of finding out who your family is...and I thought my discovery of who my mom was was rough" she commented back. She wasn't going to mention her own daughter yet if John wasn't prepared to. They had to decide on that news break together, that much she did know.

Only somebody with a heart of stone wouldn't have felt bad for Rinaa and Jay. With so much out in the open now, Rinaa's motivations made far more sense. Being a time traveller, and meeting your family before you had even been born, there was no words to express the emotional torment that Rinaa must have experienced. "In hindsight it all seems so bloody obvious, and we look absaloutly blind. We had kind of figured it out anyway, but yet we hadn't." John was now hit with the triple whammy of having a future daughter, a were-wolf grandkid and the fact that Elliott had a kid and didn't know it.

"What the hell are we going to tell Elliott? Considering he's the father second set of DNA, whatever" He asked aloud. The main meaning of the question was about Rinaa, but there was an undertone that told Kay they needed to talk about their own child drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back