• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay also noticed how quiet London was. It's never this quiet, no matter the time of day or year. Glancing at the two men in the front she knew it wasn't right.

If their body language said this isn't right, then it definitely was that case. She hadn't known them long but like with everything else, she caught on quickly. "Since when is London this quiet?" She said, looking around desperately trying to find a living soul outside but failing to do so.

"Coz I'm getting major silent hill vibes right now and that's not cool." She added, thinking out loud.

Chas's response was curt "It isn't. There is something seriously wrong going on here, and I'm preetty sure that we are right in the epicentre of it."

The road was in one of the rundown forner shopping districts. Once, a long time ago, it had been a nice place and a tourist haven, but now that wasn't the case. John wound down the window and stuck out his head, inhaling deeply "it absolutely stinks of demon out there!" a movement in the wing mirror caught his attention "CHAS, look out!" he scramed as a what appeared to be a giant wall apperaed out of nowhere.

Chas yanked the wheel around, but it was too late, the cab hit the wall full on, the bonnet crumpling, everyone being thrown fowards, only to be thankfully jerked back by the seatbelts Chas insisted they all wear

When Chas replied curtly she figured she shoulda kept her thoughts to herself. Though him saying about them being in the epicenter of whatever this was did not do her nerves well.

Seeing John stick his head out the window didn't help either and if she knew him better she woulda no doubt tables him back inside despite knowing he knew what he was doing. Then came the real shock factor... John screaming and a wall appearing out of nowhere and the cab slamming right right into it.

She flew forward but was glad for the seatbelt being on to save her from any real injury. The most she got was hair whipped by her ponytail. On the outside she composed herself, remaining calm but on the inside she was truly starting to worry and freak out. If it was demons, was her being here putting everyone in danger? Was it even to do with her? She didn't know but she did know that demons scared the hell out of her.

"Kay... Be alert...be prepared to run" Fee said to her but she wasn't going to run. Not this time.

Chas moaned something about his poor, poor cab doing nothing to deserve this unjust treatment under his breath, while John groaned. The cab was upright, and the wall had vanished, leaving them stranded in the middle of the road.

But that wasn't what make John's eyes widen. Oh no, that duty belonged to the tall figures, that had begun to appear from the side alleys. They were demon, that much was certain. They had horns, viscious snarls and the stench of sulphur filled the air. Whatever masking spell they had been using was gone now. And they were closing in fast.

John said only one word "run" before both he and Chas scarmbled out of the taxi, Chas pulling out a shotgun from under his seat.

Kay looked around them quickly noticing the walk had gone. Her calm exterior was truly starting to falter but she still kept it together...just about.

She unbuckled the seatbelt feeling it was needed. Seeing the demons closing in on them quickly and not in human form at that was enough to make any normal soul pass out from fright, but Kay didn't. She didn't even hesitate when John told them all to run. She rapidly opened the car door and scrambled out the car.

She darted her eyes all around to calculate the best direction to run in. "Shit! Everywhere is too open!" she thought to herself. Her breathing heavy. The stench of sulphur was starting to make her gag. It was worse than normal.

"I can help" Fee simply said. Now was not the time for Kay to suffer from the voice. She stood next to John and Chas. Fee knew she was being ignored and she was getting angry.

"I CAN HELP!!" Fee screamed inside Kay's head making Kay almost scream in pain and hunch over when her back glowed and burned red hot, her birth mark being the source and red to orange wings appeared on her. Kay's eyes glowed a bright golden ember. She wasn't Kay at this moment in time..

John and Chas both stepped backwards, now wasn't the time to comment. They had demons to weal with. And they were PISSED. "John Constantine" the leader rumbled his footsteps shaking the ground. "I'm not surprised you are involved, but I have to admit it will bring certain pleasure to finally be the one to wipe you off the face of this filthy planet."

John yelled back, "oh, you know me. I just keep on blazing, no matter what you bastards try to knock me down with. So why don't you back the fuck away? Eh? You clearly don't know what we can do"

"Oh but that's it, we do know. We know exactly what is going on. We know eaxctly who she is, and exactly who you are. You really aren't that good when it comes to protecting people, are you? Espescially women and kids" the demon said.

Under the trenchcoat John's shoulders tensed, and his face hardened. The demon had hit a nerve. "Oh mate, now you've just made an even bigger mistake, you've pissed me off."

Chas cocked his rifle and shot one of the lesser demons staright through the head. The bullet flew out leaving a trail of yellow behind it. The demon screamed in pain as it's body began to liquify. Chas swung the rifle around his finegr and gave the demons a death glare.

Fee was now in complete control of Kay. Kay was just asleep in her own mind and body. This was just as Fee liked it. She would purposely put Kay under to keep her from the truth...she was a phoenix.

Fee stood tall in comparison to how Kay only moments ago was standing. Sparks of ember began spark from her hands whilst John "spoke" with the demons. It wasn't long before fire balls were just hovering in her hands.

Fee took note of how they hit a nerve with John by their words of women and children. She decided this would be different. He wasn't going to lose Kay...not today. She smirked in a much dangerous way when Chas managed to kill a demon with his precise shooting.

Fee lifted her hands up to her lips and blew lightly but it was strong enough to send fire shooting forward like an arrow. It hit another lesser demon. Not enough to kill but phoenix fire was powerful and strong enough to cause real damage.

The demons hissed, sensing that this would not be as easy as they thought it would be. John summoned a ball of divine energy between his palms. It started off as little more than some glowing sparks, which grew and coalesced into a gleaming pale blue orb around the same size as a basket ball. Chas ejected the spent shell and adjusted his stance.

The two looked at each other, nodded and then started to raise hell. (Not in a literal way, in a metaphorical way.) They worked together fluidly, each covering the others backs. John was blasting the demons, the energy causing their flesh to blister and broil, making them hiss in pain. He punctuated his throwing of the energy with snarky comments. Chas proved to be an excellent shot, but it was his rugby style tackle of one of the bigger demons that really showed his uses.

The demons were injured but not beaten, and they were slowly closing in

Fee was impressed by John and Chas' skills. She was hesitant on whether they were trustworthy at all but she was beginning to become swayed by their actions.

She held her own in Kay's body. Phoenix fire flew and hit it's targets, her wings became lethal weapons of their own. She combined attacks using her wings to put more power behind her fire bolts. She watched the demons slowed down from their injuries.

She moved onto Arial attacks when she found an opening. As the demons closed in her wings became similar to fists, punching them back as far as she could muster. Being in the air was exhausting to her though. It had been months since she last took full control of Kay and it wasn't too long before she became grounded.

The demons bldies disintegrated as they fell, no doubt the souls were returning to hell, where they would once again attempt a dastardly revenge. Soon it was only the main demon, the leader who had taunted John earlier, that was left standing. Yet he did not seem afraid, more of amused. John turned to him "I don't know what you're so smug about, mate. Your little friends are back in hell where they belong."

"Oh Johnny, did you really think it was going to be that easy?" the demon smirked, his mouth splitting and revealing serated teeth. "We both know that those imbeciles were not going to stop you for long." But they ceartainly had worn them out. Both John and Chas were covered in demon's blood, and like fee, they had tired.

"You tricksy little wanker." John cursed, spitting a glob of spittle at the feet of the demon. This little act only made the demon grin wider. "For formalitiy's sake, one last chance, give up the girl and your death will be painless." John, Chas and the demon all knew what the answer to that quedtion was.

"up yours!" John yelled, gesturing rudely. "So be it." the demon smirked, and with a gesture of his hand the true enemy arrived, swooping down on wings made of darkness. Their beaks were metal and their eyes glowed red with hellfire. Their beak and talons could tear a man apart in minutes. Carrion crows. A whole murder of them. "Bollocks" was the only repinse suitable for the situation

Fee panted as she tried to regain her strength. She knew had to soon or Kay would wake up in her mind and all kinds of complications would occur.

She gritted her teeth in annoyance when the leader became smug and proved his strength and power just in his body language and words. Then the demon said about giving her up to him to stop this mess. This was the moment of truth for her- to truly know if John was trustworthy or not.

She sighed with relief when John refused to hand her over. She knew neither her nor Kay would survive in Hell. No matter how many times she get reborn. If in hell, Fee would only be able to reincarnate so many times before her essence became property to the demon kin of hell.

She watched as Carrion crows arrived. She knew John and Chas wouldn't fair against them but she would. But only just. "I hope you got a plan up your sleeve Constantine because I can only revive myself and Kay if we get through this." She spoke, her tone though tired still had a certain air to it.

"Yeah, I got a plan all right, but I don't exactly like it." His tone was hard, his eyes narrowed. Not liking it was an understatement, a massive understatement. He hated his plan, and he was pretty sure that once Kay/Fee realised what was going on, they would probabaly decide they were better off taking their chances on the run. But it wasn't like there were any better options.

The sky was black with birds now, they just seemed to keep on coming, with no end in sight. It truly looked like something out of a horror movie. Their wingbeats filled the air. As one single mass they dove, screeching towards the three. The demon laughed "See you in hell Constantine". They were screwed if John's plan didn't work.

John and Chas raced for the taxi, Chas took his place at the wheel as John clambered in and reached into the boot, pulling out a metallic canister. Inside, suspended in mid air hung a blob of yellow something. It didnt look like anything fee had ever seen before. "Are you sure?" Chas asked, his face concerned, as he, by some miracle, managed to start the cab.

"It's not like we have any other choice"

Fee looked up at the murder of crows analysing their movements with scrutiny. Even as John spoke she didn't take her eyes off of the birds.

Only time she did was when the demon said about seeing John in Hell. She got taken off guard when John and Chas ran for the cab as the crows dove for them. She ran to catch up the two men but knew she wouldnt get there I time so she skidded across the ground to get as close as she could before squatting down and wrapped her wings around her/Kay's body.

She had no choice, she had to trust what John was holding would get them out of this situation. She did not feel like showing John and Chas how she revives Kay. "WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO JOHN I SUGGEST YOU DO IT!" She shouted through her wings

"When I say jump, JUMP! And when I say run, you run like hell itself is chasing after you!" John yelled over the sound of the descending birds "hit it Chas!" He didn't need to be told twice. The cab, as battered as it was, still had some life in it. They lurched forwards, driving right into the thick of the bird crowd.

John pulled a pin from the cannister, and using that same pin, he leaned out of the window and drew a complicated rune on the door of the cab. The ruin glowed red and the cab slowly lifted upwards into the air. John pressed the cannister just in front of the windshield. "Jupm and as soon as you hit the ground, run and don't look back!" he yelled in before hurling himself out of the cab.

The drop was only a few metres, both Chas and John landing in a roll, Chas's far less dignified than John's. They scrambled to their feet, ignoring the carrion crows that tried to scratch at them.

About ten seconds later a deafening explosion filled the air, the heat searing against their backs as they ran.

She nodded at his plan. This was a crazy plan, an utterly insane risky plan but she had to go along with it.

She waited for her cue as John prepared his plan. Still being on ground she stood up, using her wings to shield her as much as possible as she watched John's plan come to fruition. She watched them jump and began running towards them so she was beside them as they landed.

Crows tried to scratch them so as she ran between the two of them she outstretched her wings to shield them aswell as the explosion happened. Unlike John and Chas, she could take the heat l, but not by much. She still felt it dear onto Kay's body and knew Kay was going to hate this story when she's told why she hurts.

She kept their shielded as much as she could until they could get to safety, when she retracted her singed wings. They were still on show but out stretched like before. When to safety, Fee sat down as her wings began to disappear in flames, before her whole body started to be engulfed. "Until next time Constantine...Chas" she said, her glowing eyes fading and Fee disappeared. The flames burned bright before they extinguished themselves to reveal a sleeping Kay.

The bomb hadn't taken out all the birds out, and in rage they turned on the perosn closest to them. Which happened to be Chas. The cabbie screamed as the beaks pierced his skin as if it was little more than butter. His body was ripped to shreds as Fee and John ran to safety. The two saw would have seen every gruesome part of his demise. There was no way that he could have survived it.

John's face was filled with horror as he saw this spectacle. It was too late for Chas. "Bastards!" he yelled, before seeing Kay's unconscious body. "You have to be fucking kidding in me" he groaned.

It took a moment or two and John shouting before Kay woke up feeling groggy and confused. She looked around quickly, almost panicked. She saw Chas wasn't with them and John looking horrified. She saw the birds that were left before she noticed where Chas could possibly be.

"Oh god...." She breathed. She still didn't know what was happening. Last thing she knew they crashed into a wall, and were facing demons that wanted her. Everything else was completely blank.

"If we get out of this you're telling me what the hell I missed!" She exclaimed to John.

"Now is not the time, run!" John grabbed her arm, pulling her away from the remains of his best friend. There were still some birds around, and he wanted to put as much distance between him and them as possible.

His coat flapped behind him as he ran, his long strides navigating the bird corpses, which were already melting into a tar like substance. He was still trying to figure out what was going on. And by figure out, he meant accept what he had just seen. John had seen a lot of crazy stuff, but this was pushing the bucket.

He wanted to get as far away as possible, a pile of dead demons this size would be sure to draw other occult forces. Not all of them would be friendly either.

She grabbed onto him as she jumped up onto her feet. She ran as fast as she could keeping a hold on John so she didn't get left behind, that was the last thing she wanted to happen right now.

She kept running despite not long even being conscious. "Please let us get out of this, please please please!" She thought to herself as guilt began to seep in as she was starting to feel like Chas' death was her fault. "Maybe I should give myself up.." she wondered to herself.

Luckily the birds weren't following them, John glanced over his shoulder quite a few times to ensure that they weren't being pursued.Everything merged into one seamless, timeless blur after the attack. The two ran, the pace only slowing when they reached the block of apartments that John called home.

It was then that he let go of Kay's arm. Unlocking the side door they made their way up the spiralling staircase to the fourth floor. John let himself in, then collapsed on the couch. He looked haggard and beaten up, his face smeared with grime and bits of glass, alonside demon blood and even a carrion cfow father stuck in the belt of his trenchcoat

She followed John inside his home and sat on the sofa next to him. She was still computing everything that happened, or at least- everything she saw.

"I'm so sorry John...I am so SO sorry." She said, sadness and guilt evident in her voice. "What happened??" She asked, still so hazy on the event that occurred. "Last thing I remember we were in the car after hitting a wall" she said, looking down at her hands. She was mucky and grimy but not as bad as John was.

John shrugged "that was the danger I warned you about. And as for what happened? It's not your fault. Chas knew what he was doing, without him, we wouldn't have got away from that bastard. What you saw, that's just an example of a day in the life of John Constantine."

"You still think hanging around me is a good idea?"
He was half hoping she'd say no and leave. After all, everybody he got close to, died. And he didn't want to have to go through that again.

She listened to everything he said. Despite telling her it wasn't her fault, she still felt it was. "You may say it's not my fault John, but I'm still sorry. You've lost your friend" she told him.

When he asked if she thought hanging around him was still a good idea she sighed. She had the same thoughts herself. "Did ANYTHING happen that gives answers to what I am? John I need to know" she truthfully told him. She hated having to bring the subject onto her but she was more confused than ever. How could she just lose time the way she did? She needed answers.

"If you can give me anything..." She started to say, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

John put his feet up on the coffee table, they fit neatly into the dent in the wood. Clearly this was his normal seating position. "Yes and no" he answered. It was a lot for him to take in, he didn't look at her, instead focusing his gaze on the wall on the opposite side of the room. "Yes, i have an idea, but it has raised more questions than answers." He clarified, before yawning loudly.

He really didn't feel like explaining anything at this precise moment in time. He was tired and battered and really just wanted to fall into the oblivion of sleep and let his problems wait until tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back