• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"Clearly you haven't met John. Despite his gribbling, at the end of the day, when things go to shit, he will always fight and always help. Hell the JL Dark have kicked him out so many times, yet when another world threatening event happens, it is him they call for a magical solution. Of course he would never in a million years admit that. He'd say something like" Chas proceeds to do an excellent impression of John "I was completely off me scone when I did that. I'm never doing it again, not even if our Martian friend tries to midwash me." By Martian friend he was clearing refreing to Martian Manhunter of the Justice League.

Chas leant his head back, "you might as well ask any other questions, John won't be re-emerging for another" he checked his watch "fifty three minutes, unless of course he insults somebody and gets in a bar fight in which case he'll be out in twenty seven minutes" he appreciated her thanks, it wasn't often that he recived it, not that he really minded. Chas was after all a cabbie, he really wasn't built for the limelight.

She nodded, and glanced towards where John went before looking back at Chas. "Maybe I have got him wrong then." She commented. She was always one to admit when she was wrong. It's how she learned, despite being stubborn for most things, if she got someone wrongfully judged, she'll admit her mistake.

She actually admired Chas for his loyalty to John. She missed that kind of loyalty. It made her truly accept just how alone she was in the world. She didn't realise just how long it would take John inside the building. "I know you said you have no theories you're confident in currently but I'd love to hear them anyway? Anything just to make conversation." She queried with him. It was true, if she sat in silence she was convinced she'd go mad. "I told John my back tattoo was more a birth mark as I've always had it. I noticed you notice it back at John's" she added.

"Oh you've got him both right and wrong. John is a man of many sides, you'll see." Internally he hoped that she wouldn't see the broken side of him, the parts that had broke during Newcastle and could never be fixed. There was a reason they never mentioned Newcastle. And despite John's antic's earlier with Trish, Chas knew that his best mate was seriously worried. It had been too long since they had last heard from their wandering friend. It wasn't that he couldnt handle himself, he was more than capable of doing that, John missed having him around. Neither would admit it, but with the wanderer around John was better man.

"I'm a cabbie, noticing stuff is in the job description. Good memory is a cabbie's must. Have you ever heard of The Knowledge?" The way he daid it made it cleat that this was a capital T capital K situation

She nodded. "Well I hope I'm not too much of a burden to you both and I can be around long enough to see that." She admitted truthfully.

When he asked if she had heard of The Knowledge she had to shake her head. "Nope, can't say I have to be honest. What is The Knowledge or who? As I'm guessing it could be either in this world" she replied. She wondered where Chas was going to go with this.

"It's a series of route around London that were developed back in the eighteen hundreds. Shortcuts, alleyways, anyway to get to said destination faster. Over the years these routes have grown and altered as London has changed to. All the cab drivers at the time learned them off by heart, and as part of the exam to become a real Lodon cabbie, you have to memeorise every single one of them without fault. This is why real cannies are better than Uber drivers. Anyway the point is, every cabbie memorieses them, and after memorising hundreds of routes, you are left with nearly perfect memeory. Cabbies even when they seem out of it, remember everything and hears everything. If you wnat to find out anything, ask a cabbie or a bus driver. Think of us as being like the Bowrey in John Wick, only less homeless" Chas finished. The John Wick reference had come out of nowhere, but it was afilm series that he and John enjoyed

Kay found him utterly fascinating to listen to. It was amazing how he could memorise something so vast so perfectly. "Well that explains all the side routes to avoid traffic earlier" she chuckled.

"Chas you are one fascinating bloke." She had to admit to him. It also explained how he noticed things back at John's place on her that John didn't. "And FYI the John wick films are amazing" she smiled. She may have been on the run all this time but she learned a few trucks to see the latest films without having to pay or be seen sneaking in. She had her uses to survive as long as she has.

"Wait until you see me in a high speed persuit with John dangling out the widnow going full on hellblazer and blasting demons with fireballs, while El is in literally on my roof, smiting things. You haven't learned to drive until you've done that" it was clear in his voice that he both enjoyed and feared those times in equal measure.

"They really are, plus there are a lot of jokes I can make about John from them. So that is an added bonus. You sound like you know your movies, what would be your favourite?" He asked, genuinly curious. He and John ahd snuck into the cinema many a time as teens. Chas even amneged to get a aprt time job there once

(Last post for today)

(that's fine! I'll be slower tomorrow as I'm on a film set filming but will reply when I can. Just putting my reply now so I don't forget what to write lol)

Kay went wide eyed at his describing of some of the drives he's done with John. That sounded equally terrifying and amazing to her. How she felt this way towards the many things she was told she had no idea.

She laughed when he said about making jokes about John from the John wick films. It honestly didn't surprise her but it still amused her none the less. "I've snuck into the cinema a few times so I guess you could say that. My favourite film is s tough question to answer. There's so many classics out there truth be told. I guess one of my favourites would have to be The Crow.. utter classic from story to cinematography" she answered. She loved all those dark films that weren't all just violence and no plot.

(Yeah, same here.)

"You're not the only one to do that. I used to sneak John in to the projectionist booth back when I worked in our local cinema. Then that cinema burned down, so we snuck into a different cinema. He smiled at the memory.

"I can't even answer the favourite film question without splitting into genres or themes. It is an impossible question." He held up one hand and started to tick off the genres "Zombie- its Shaun of the Dead every time. Ridiculous action- Green Hornet. Plot line and dramatics- Inception. Movie based off a book The Martian. Hesit or spy- Mission Impossible."

(I started by picking one film, but then realised I cannot answer that question, hence the list)

Kay smiled. She could tell from his body language he removers those memories fondly. She listened to his list and nodded, "done good film's there and yeah you're right. It does depend on genre. There's so many out there it's hard to just have one favourite" she agreed with Chas.

Chas nodded in agreement. "film is probably one of the only things you can get away with saying there are too many options for favourote." He was no film buff, but they did provide a good distraction from everyday life. He glanced at his watch, John hadn't come running out yet, so clearly he hadn't started a fight yet. But that could very well change.

A slow stream of people were moving in and out of Bobbo's. Chas recognised them, and he had no doubt that if they could see the taxi, they would instantly know that he and John were there. The taxi was Chas's trademark, just like the trenchcoat was John's.

Glancing in the mirror, Chas caught sight of a figure at the other end of the alley. It couldn't be! He angled the mirror to get a better look. The figure was still there, even in the shadows Chad could make out the slashed up jeans and dark red hoodie pulled up and over the head. He narrowed his eyes, and watched, waiting to see what move, if any, the figure would make.

Kay nodded in agreement. She watched as random people walked in and out. She guessed from Chas' reaction they were people they didn't want to be seen by.

Then she noticed Chas keep an eye on a particular figure and she looked towards who he was looking at. She wondered if they should be on guard or relaxed, she didn't know.

Watching the reflection Chas saw the figure turn, but no face could be seen. Actually, no skin at all could be seen. It looked as if the clothes were simply floating in mid air. The figure ran, jumped and in a series of smooth parkour leaps was on the roof and running away into the darkness.

Chas pulled out a black leather-bound notebook from the glove-box. He checked his watch before jotting down something with a black pen, the end was chewed slightly. Then he flipped to the back page and added a dot and arrow to the line diagram of London's streets that was taped in the back.

Kay watched completely confused by what just happened but judging by the reaction Chas had, it was important to some degree.

"What was that?" She asked, mostly thinking out loud. She had to admit the parkour moves she witnessed were impressive. It was something she was able to do to help her when she would run from the demons chasing her.

"One of the many mysteries John an' I are trying to figure out" Chas responded, not going into detail. He'd noticed the shadow three months ago now, but both he had John had suspected that it had existed for quite a while longer. The figure always wore ripped up jeans and a baggy hoodie, but both the colour and style changed from night to night. The height also changed, leading Chas to believe it was a groul watching them.

Chas had started recording any spottings, trying to find a pattern, while John was trying to figure out what exactly it was. The lack of reflection was only seen in vampires and in some rare vamp half breeds. But the parkour skills suggested that this was more some bored tail. If they had parkour, who knew what other skills they possesed? And they still didn't know whether it was friend or foe,

"seems like you both never get a break" she said, actually feeling slightly sorry for the both of them. And now they had her to deal with as well.

She just hoped on top of everything else they were dealing with, she would t be too much of a burden to them. She decided if she became too much and they told her to leave she would oblige them but she hoped to any kind of higher power it wouldn't ever come to that. For the first time in a year she actually felt relatively safe.

"John is taking a while, I'm concerned about what will be said" Fee spoke to her and this caused Kay to massage her forehead trying to ignore her. Kay felt Fee knew the answers but was refusing to tell her anything.

Chas shrugged as if it was no big deal, which to him, it really wasn't at this stage. It was normal, and he'd known the consequences from hanging around with John, hell he'd seen them with his own eyes. But John was his mate, and that was what mattered. "its in the job description, which reminds me."

He reached into the glove box and pulled out a small business card. It was made of white card, one side was blank. The other side however had a message on it.
John Constantine
Demonologist, Exorcist, Master of The Dark Arts
It was followed by a number.

"You might need this, just in case." He passed the card back

Kay wondered how Chas could think it was no big deal. Then she figured it may not be if they'd been doing this for as long as they have.

She took the card from him when he handed it over and read the printed side and she couldn't help but smirk. "John must be really confident in his abilities if he's self titling himself as a master" she thought to herself.

She put the card in her jeans pocket for safe keeping. "Thanks", she said to Chas, hoping John wouldnt be too much longer. Deep down she was getting a little antsy in knowing if he'd come out with an answer or not.

"Yes, John did get that put on a card, he's been procrastinating for years about changing it to "petty dabbler of the dark arts", but it hasn't happened yet." Chas just knew what she was thinking, it was everybody's first thought upon seeing John's description of himself. Yes it was pompous, and egotistical, but it did somehow capture some of the man that is John Constantine.

Speaking of John, it was at that moment that the man himself was thrown out through one of the tavern windows, a hail of splintered glass and wood around him. John blasted a fireball through the window before running in the direction of the cab.

Chas gunned the engine, unlocked the side door and screeched around the corner. "hold on tight!" John took a running jump and landed in the passenger seat. There was glass in his hair, his lip was split and some of his ribs were cracked. There was also the beginning of some lovely bruising on his face.

She smirked and chuckled lightly at Chas practically reading her mind on what she was thinking. She knew in that moment it must a regular thing.

What Kay saw she was not expecting. Sure, Chas has mentioned something about he may get into a fight but she didn't he'd go flying out a window. She held on preparing for the speed that Chas would no doubt use to get John and them out of the situation.

It didn't stop her however from leaning forward just enough to brush some of the glass she saw out of John's hair. It was a habit she had. If people she knew got dusty or something on them, she'd just go and fix it. It was a second nature action for her to do, to the point she did it to John without even thinking.

When she twigged what she did she apologised. "Sorry.. old habits" she then sat back in her seat.

"Ta, you two" John grunted as he hauled himself upwards. Chas looked at John and the mess he was making in the cab, as well as the mess Kay had made removing glass and splinters from John's hair. He sighed. "Well done Johnny, who'd ya piss off this time?" He asked. John shut the door and belted himself in before responding. "The vamps have some kind of problem with me, and for once I don't think it is 100% my fault."

Chas raised an eyebrow, slosing the taxi down to a les suspiscious speed "Go on" he said, his tone skeptical, a problem that wasn't John's fault? That was either the worst excuse or the greatest truth of them all. "they were pissed beacuse aparently some other group has taken claim to us. They didn't say who, but theye were extremely pissed about it. They slaughtered some of the clan members as a warning. Of course, they think we hired a group to protect our handsome arses, but we both know that's not true."

Last edited:
Kay felt bad about adding to the mess in Chas' cab. Sometimes her habit really didn't help everyone and she decided she had to try and be less helpful at times. Or so she thought. Though every fibre in her being just wanted to be useful and help John.

She listened to what he was saying about how it wasn't entirely his fault this time round. "Take claim?" She found herself asking. His story had piqued her interest. "Kay, remember what curiosity did to the cat" Fee warned her. "Shut up Fee.." she thought back.

John nodded, "that's what they said. That can't mean anything good" "I don't suppose this is connected to our shadow? Who by the way made another appearance while you were downing a skinful" Chas asked, it seemed logical, but the magical world wasn't always the most logical place.

That piqued John's interests, "you might be on to something there mate. Which bugger was it tonight?" "The one in the red hoodie, he parkoured away after he realised I saw him. But I'm starting to think that they are letting us see them. I have this feeling that if they truly wanted to be invisible, they would be."

The two lapsed into silence, thinking hard.

Kay couldn't dispute it doesn't sound good. She stayed quiet at this point whilst the two of them spoke about the weird casually dressed figure that showed up earlier.

She let them think about what they discussed but she couldn't help wonder if he got anything out of those vampires that would lead to any information about herself. Kay however, didn't speak up as she felt it wasn't her place to make the conversation about her. Though she did feel bad this all happened because he was there about her.

Her thoughts were conflicted on whether she should say something despite previously feeling it wasn't her place to. Twiddling her fingers she looked out the cab window instead.

The cab drove on in silence. John and Chas gradually became aware that something wasn't right. They couldn't place it at first, but one look at the other confirmed their suspiscions.

Outside all was quiet. Deathly quiet. They were alone on the road, and as this was a wintery time of year, it was fast darkening. There was nobody around as the cab drove on, no late night walkers, no dogs, no pigeons, no nothing. Just stone cold silence and the over bearing sense of horror movie dread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back