• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

She nodded in acknowledgement at what John was saying, looking over at the doors he was pointing to. It made her smirk coz he suddenly reminded her of the Beast when he tells Belle the castle is hers to explore except for the West wing.

"Duely noted, west wing out of bounds" she laughed. She had a feeling he might not get the reference but it was too tempting to say. Then Chas offered for her to come. "What does doctor strange here think?" She questioned.

"If you come with us, it means I won't have to worry about my house being blown up or a portal to hell being opened in my bathroom or something ridiculous like the last time I left somebody alone in my apartment. Demon blood is really hard to get out of tiles. And I really don't feel like doing that this weekend, so you might as well join, unless of course you have other life plans?" He rolled his eyes at the Doctor Strange comment, it wasn't the first time he'd heard that joke.

She listened to what he said and she wondered who the hell he had here to have caused all that and what the hell he thought she was capable of.

"Okay, guess I'm tagging along then" she replied standing up from the sofa. She smirked when she saw she irritated him with her little reference. If he was to put her through god knows what to give her answers, she needed to let him know she could stand her ground.

With everyone out of the apartment, John shut the door firmly behind them. He rested one palm on the door, and chanted the incantation that activated the sigils. He then sharply jabbed his hand against the nail on the door, causing blood to well onto the door. It glowed green, along with the sigils, before they faded completely from sight.

John and Chas made their way four floors down the grimy stairs, exiting through a side door and out into the grimy smog that hung over London. Parked in the alleyway beside the apartment building was a black London cab, which Chas unlocked and slid into the driver's seat of. John took the front passenger seat, his usual spot.

John had sat there ever since the two were teenagers and Chas had followed in the footsteps of his father and grandfather and grandfather's father of becoming a cabbie. It just felt right. And besides it was extremely helpful when John was hanging out the window waving around Merlin's staff or throwing fireballs at demons. Doing that while driving was not one of John's skills

Kay followed them both out and watched with slight fascination at the spell John was clearly using to keep his place safe. She was surprised at how well she was taking this whole situation. Once upon a time if someone said to her she'd be thrown into a world of demons and magic, she'd have called them insane. Now here she was just accepting it at face value.

She followed them outside and got in the back of the cab that belonged to Chas. She noticed how much cleaner Chas kept his surroundings compared to John. She sat quietly in the back deciding that she'd stay out of the way band not be a pain in their asses. She pulled out her phone to silently look through her old photos. Times of when she was close to Ethan. Photos showed their closeness and how often at times they were mistaken for a couple. Ethan had known her since they were kids. She still after all this time couldn't understand how he would turn on her like he did.

She shook the memories out of her mind so she didn't get emotional Infront of Chas and John. "That wasn't Ethan Kay... Remember that." Fee told her soothingly.

Chas started the car. It wasn't long before they reached a traffic jam. This was London after all. But it was also Chas who was driving. He'd grown up learning the ins and outs of every road, street and secret service access road on the motorway, if anyone could beat the traffic, it was him.

He swerved the cab violently, turning into a side road that Kay hadn't even registered as being there. The sudden lurch threw any loose objects sideways, John and Chas however, were prepared and they both remained firmly upright. The sound of items being thrown around could be heard from the boot and glove compartment.

After a few more unexpceted manoevers the cab pulled up outside the iron fence of what was clearly a school. "John, I'm trusting you not to hot-wire my cab while I'm gone" Chas said, placing specific emphasis on two words. John smirked back "oh you know me mate. I'm completely trustworthy, never done a wrong thing in me liiife" It was obvious from his tone that the opposite was closer to the truth.

Chas left, and John lit up a cigarette. He was thinking as he exhaled the smoke. His posture was relaxed to the average passer-by, one arm slung out the window of the cab, but maybe it was the look in his eyes or the slight tension in his forehead that said otherwise.

Kay swerved with the turns as she wasn't expecting it but it also didn't take her long to learn to hold onto something when the next turn appeared. She was a quick learner in life and she had never been thankful for that skill like she was now.

When they arrived at the school she smirked at their banter and was not surprised in the slightest that John would be known for hot wiring cars. "A smoker... Not surprising" she thought to herself, luckily it didn't bother her even though she wasn't a fan of the habit. See put her phone in her pocket and looked at John's expression through the side view mirror. She wondered if she should strike up a conversation or not. "So...these people you need to see..." She began not sure if it was a good thing to bring it up or not but the silence was driving her insane

(Ironic part is in the comics John legit cannot drive a car. Hence Chas)

John tipped his head back and exhaled, the smoke pushing the longer parts of his blond hair upwards. He contemplated his answer. "Some are old friends, I use that term very losely. Not all of them are human, some are Downworlders with their ears to the ground, much more reliable with info then you think. If he's around, there is a vampire who knows some things. Or the Demon. Or Lucien, he's got his pack. And an alien or two, you'd be surprised what an alien can tell you. After that you move into the memebers of JL Dark, they kind of hate me, so they're plan 2. And plan 3 are the people who hate my guts"

He looked more relaxed than he had any right to be. He took another drag on his cigarette and went back to thinking

(lol)

She listened to what he said. Of course he know aliens, vampires and other creatures. "Uh huh.." was about all she could figure out to say as she took in the information.

She was a bit hesitant when he said the word demon however. She hoped anyone but a son would be able to help. Her history with them weren't exactly positive after all.

"Question and I want a personal honest answer... How rare do you think I am? Nd what do you think I am?" She wasn't sure she wanted to hear his answer but she felt she needed to know. If she was to be around this guy, she needed to hear some truths from him.

"Honestly luv? I ain't got a clue, from what you've said you've got some kind of pyro powers. But pyros are two a penny 'round my circles. But beyong pyro, I havent got a clue. You ould be a dual personality and your powers actually belong to your other half. You could be half demon or have demon's blood in you, but half breeds are common enough. You could be alien, it's not uncommon for aliens to develop powers or even wield magic. At the end of the day, they go to heaven or hell, just like us Earth shmucks. It's not necessarily raraity that could be attracting the demons. They can sense power, and the more powerful a human, the more useful a weapon they can prove against others."

That was the truth, so far. But Johnn hoped that some of his friends could find out more. Maybe Elliott knew something, he had his contacts, just like John did. Wuich reminded him, where was he?

She listened to every word carefully. She was thankful it wasn't an answer she didn't wanna hear. But was hearing not much any better? She didn't know.

Then she remembered about her back. She remembered how Chas noticed it but John may not have. Did Chas have any other ideas? She was unsure if she should ask him. Then she toyed with whether or not she should tell John. "Don't you dare Kay" Fee warned but Kay figured one of his contacts would only see it and figure something out anyway.

"So... I may have left out one little detail." She began. "My back...I have this tattoo, except it's more like a birth mark coz I've always had it... They're red to orange wings...and SOMETIMES it's not just fire out my hands that occurs. The wings burn me sometimes..." She admitted, hoping he wouldn't go apeshit on her for leaving out that information

It was at that moment that a teenage girl quite literally jumped into the car. Her hair was dark brown stopping at her shoulders, with hints of black and her eyes were brown. She was tall and slim, dressed in a black hoodie and faded grey jeans. There were two nasty fingernail scratches across her face and some bruising but she didn't seem to care. She looked around sixteen or seventeen.

Chas dumped a school bag and gear bag in the boot before getting back in the drivers seat and pulling off. "You do know Mam is going to kill you for bringing John along?" "Yup, I know, she's been threatening to beat him senseless with a frying pan for weeks now and to be honest I really want to see that happen."

The girl laughed and John grumbled something about kitchen instrument brutality and threw his cigarette out the window. "Hey John, where's the wanderer gone now? I haven't got any postcard from him in a two weeks" The girl asked, completely ignoring Kay's existance.

She hoped she'd get a reaction from John about what she said but that was when they were interrupted by Chas and his daughter getting in the car.

She slumped into the car seat a little a decided to just look out the window. Though imagining John getting hit by a frying pan did bring a smirk to her face. The kid looked like the type of girl who woulda got on well with her and her friends if she was just that bit older.

Then she said something like piqued her interest. "Wanderer?" She asked, looking back towards the group.

At the sound of Kay's voice the girl turned around. "Oh, hi. I'm Trish, Trish Chandler by the way." She stuck out her hand, which was slightly bloody "that's not my blood, just so you know. It belongs to this absaloute bitch in my school. She thought it was funny to prank me, so I repaid the favour by giving her one hell of a punch to the face......and some kicks too."

"Atta girl" John smirked, "Chas, your kid is awesome." "Oh I know, and Trish does too". John completely avoided answering the question, trying to think of a way to put it that wasn't going to make him sound crazier than he already was.

Trish turned to Kay, "let me guess. You have some problem or something after you. And Jonny happened to be there at the right place and right time?"

She smiled and shook Trish's hand. "Kay.. Kay Hale" she introduced herself. She laughed at her little story. "Sounds like something I'd have done" she replied. It was true, she was never one for the damsel in distress syndrome, despite what her current situation may say.

"Got it in one. He just happened to turn up when I had my own fight. So yeah.. right place right time. 3 against one was much even for me" she said. She didn't know how much Trish knew about John's life so she said the truth without going into detail. The aura she got from Trish she decided she liked her from the get go.

"To answer your question, the Wanderer is third memeber of our little triumvate. He's always travelling somewhere, which A) makes him hard to pin down and B) led to his nickname." The words 'little triumvate' came out strangely from John's mouth. The explanation was lacking a lot of details, but not one word of it was a lie.

"And no Trish, I haven't heard anything from him, but its probabaly like that time he went off grid in Egypt" Trish made a noise like an angry horse, or a grumpy camel causing Chas to laugh and a smirk to wrap itself around John's face.

"uh huh..." Kay replied, realising that this seemed to be fast becoming her little default answer to anything John had to say.

She looked at Trish when she made that reaction and chuckled. "Men... Am I right or am I right?" She told Trish. If this group had met Kay before all this they'd quickly realise how alike in a few ways herself and Trish were.

"Unfortunately that description is far too accurate for it's own good" Trish sighed "well when he does make an appearance tell him he owes me both a Mario kart tournament and a Chinese take-away, no weaseling out this time!"

The cab pulled up outside what was evidently Chas's house. It was clearly in better condition than John's "Just a warning, Renne flipped her shit when she heard, so you're in for a right bollocking, but just remember, I'm damn proud, that wasn't probably the best way but it worked and you got one hell of a left hook to that other girl."

Trish jumped out of the car and grabbed her stuff." Bye dad! See you at dinner. John don't do anything stupid!" she yelled as she slammed the boots shut and walked up to the door. Chas and John waved as the drove off

She looked at the house from inside the cab and was impressed. She didn't say anything but kept her thoughts to herself.

When they drove off she relaxed again in the car. It was surprisingly easy to be relaxed considering her current situation. She had no clue what she was getting into but she was enjoying not being chased or smelling sulphur every minute of the day...or so it regularly felt.

She stared out the window once more watching the world go by. As she did everything that had been told to her made her look at the world in a whole new light. She didn't feel like an outsider as much anymore. Like she was a freak in a normal boring world.

Chas turned to John "where to? Gary's? Considering out of all the old crew he is the one who hates you the least compared to all the others, it would make the most sense to visit him first"

John shook his head "Nah mate, as much as I want to spend an evening with Gary freaking the fuck out about everything and refusing to help me, before inevitably deciding to help. That man is so predictable. I'm going to try see if Bobbo or the Stranger know anything. Then find our demon friend and question him"

"So you want to head to Bobbo's them?" "hole in one mate." "Also less chance of a punch up if we head there during the day. And before you ask, No, I'm not chauffeuring you aroundfor the entirety of tonight. I'm busy"

Hearing their conversation she wondered just what kind of people he surrounds himself with or what kind of crap yes done to make so many people hate him so much. She decided it's best to not know and so she kept quiet.

She'd just do as she's told when she's told and pray she gets answers. That's her best bet and her safest bet to staying alive. She did think however that Chas may be just too good for John at times.

Bobbo's turned out to be a pub situated in a back alley off some famous shopping street. The outside was redbrick and shutters kept nosy parkers from looking in. The dracks of light hining through the slats and under the wooden door, showed that somebody was at home. John knocked a series of raps and the door clicked open. Kay couldn't tell from the cab, but the door was magically sealed and the whol bjilding was warded and magically soundproofed

John hopped out of the cab "don't do anything stupid you two!" were his parting words as he salmmed the door shut behind him. Chas rolled his eyes and moved the cab around to the side of the building, concealing it in one of the shadowy areas. He turned the engine off, then turned to Kay "if you have questions, its best to ask them now, cos John won't answer or if he does, he will only half answer."

Kay looked around. John sure did know some dank looking places. She watched John get out and scoffed slightly when he told her and Chas to not do anything stupid.

She looked at Chas when he spoke to her about asking questions now. "I take it he's always like this?" Was the first question she just couldn't help but ask. Hearing that John would either only half answer or not at all somehow didn't surprise her.

"Second question, do you think he'll succeed in helping me get answers? I got the sense you have ideas of what I am whereas he has no clue" she said once more.

Chas nodded "yeah, John's always been slightly crazy, even as a kid. And he was always arrogant, cocky and trying to bite off far more than he can chew. Then as a teenager he turned into a punk mage, mainly as a distarction from his home life. Then the incident happened and since then he has been much more secretive and broody. He actually has the past trauma to go with the broody looks and the coat. But right now, you are not the only problem he has to deal with"

"He'll get you answers alright, he's pretty tenacious when he wants to be. I'm not the ideas guy, I'm the driver, the side-kick and willing to back him up. I don't have any theories that I'm fully confident in yet, but Im pretty sure John and I are thinking along the same lines"

She listened intently. His explanation of John made so much sense. It explained so much and she thought maybe, just maybe she would back off on the nicknames a little bit. "That actually makes his whole....thing....make sense" she said with a mini chuckle.

Nodding she was happy she was trusting the right people to get her answers. "I know you say you're not the ideas guy Chas, but thanks for answering anyway. I do appreciate everything you and John are doing. You both coulda just left me in that side street but you both helped me. Thank you." She honestly told him. She got a feeling Chas may not get the recognition and thanks he deserves often and it felt right to thank him aswell as John. She felt Chas was a kind soul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back