• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

The others conversation about the TV viewing faded into the background to Kay and Fia also. Fia heard Elliott talk about the guitar and that was it, she was too busy talking to Kay and then eventually John. Fia particularly felt the pride he started feeling through the family bond which made her smile as she spoke, even though she didn't particularly know why he would have felt proud of them. Fia was aware how much better she was able to interact with Kay though, since knowing her younger self, even if it was strange to her.

Being who she was, Kay didn't particularly notice the similarities between herself and Fia as they spoke. She was always observant when it came to the similarities between Fia and John, or noticed certain facial expressions that were the same as herself if she wasn't directly involved in the conversation, but right now she wasn't aware of it at all. Fia rolled her eyes at John's comment, whereas Kay just smirked and chuckled. "I'm done with being extra for the day. Between flying whilst spray painting and completely showing off on a rope swing into the river, I wanna be boring and enter like a normal being" she explained as they all walked to The House together to get whatever they wanted.

"Somehow it doesn't surprise me at all that they have a rope swing here. It is such a cliché, yet makes perfect sense." Chas remarked, more to himself than to anybody else in the group. He was alos thinking that Trish would utterly love such a thing, being the complete tomboy she was. He found himself once again missing his family back on Earth and knowing that one hell of an explanation was going to be due. He would give them the truth, both his wife and daughter knew Elliott's extra-terrestrial origin story and had heard about Cal too. He'd also been keeping track of the dates and if they reached a certain date he would get himself teleported back to Earth. There was no way he was missing the rugby Final Trish's school team had managed to reach.

John led the way to The House, slipping the key into the lock, unlocking it and pushing open the door in a well practiced series of movements, the key vanishing back into his pocket through casual slight of hand that he didn't realise he was doing. Any door John unlocked was accompanied by some slight of hand gesture or another. "Your loss." John shrugged as the door opened with a tremendous screeching creak. He rolled his eyes. "Very mature House." was all he said, directing the comment at the House's sentient magic, which sometimes chose to take on a physical form, but right now wants one of those times.

They split their separate ways, Chas grabing his book and owkring pair of earphones (he'd bought multiple pairs as a precaution), before heading back to Cliff's family home to claim a particularly comfortable hammock he'd discovered that morning. As Fia went upstairs, John and Kay headed to their room, John wasn't actually heading there to get anything, he had what he needed on him. Once in their room he turned to Kay. "I'm gonna go see Ell, ask some questions about what happened the other day with his birth father."

"yeah it's cliché but was great fun and I'd never done it before so it was extra fun for me" Fia replied to Chas, having heard his little remark whilst they walked to The House all together. Reaching the building, she waited for John to unlock the door and just rolled her eyes at him saying it was her loss to not show off for once. When The House made the door screech she couldn't help but snigger as she walked inside. She headed straight upstairs to her room, opening the door and going to her stack of books in the corner by her desk. "Okay...Queen of shadows... Queen of shadows....I know you're here somewhere book" she commented to herself, shuffling through all the spines titles. "Yahtzee, found ya!" She remarked, a saying she picked up from Kay as carefully taking it out whilst not tripping over the pile.

Kay walked into their room with John and sat on the edge of the bed for a brief moment. She looked up at John when he said he was going to speak to Elliott. "Was wondering when you'd do that to be honest. I could turn around and say 'you sure that's a good idea?' blah blah blah but I won't. I know you need to know deep down and you won't be satisfied until you find out at least something" she replied to him. "Just...don't push it if he don't tell you anything or much" she suggested to him, standing up and standing in front of him. She looked him in the eyes as she spoke, to show him she was only saying it out of care towards him and Elliott. When it came to Elliott, she trusted him not to screw it up though. Then came a massive kick that really made her grit her teeth. "Mmfph..." she said, before putting her hand on his shoulder to steady herself.

It had been just over three days since Elliot and Cal had had their meeting with their father, but it felt like far longer to everybody. Given all the travelling it felt like at least a week ago. John could also see that Elliott had loosened up and relaxed considerably since they'd left Attil. He'd known Elliott was on edge there, but just how on edge he was hadn't quite been grasped by John until now. He listened as Kay said what she did, knowing it came from a good place and that she genuinely cared about Elliott and his wellbeing. Had this been said earlier when they didn't know each other as well he wouldn't really have responded or if he did it would have been along the lines of "He's my kid, I do actually know how to do this and if I wanted parenting advice I'd ask Chas."

"Yeah, I really do want to know, and it is kind of my business to know, I've been Ell's guardian for almost as long as Ell's father was. I do have a right to know. And I'm not going to be an insensitive arse about it, don't worry. Pretty sure I actually know what I'm doing parenting wise when it comes to him. I'm not going to push him to hard, and he knows that."
If all else he'd do three questions to get his answers. Another reason he was doing it now was because it felt like he'd had very little opportunity for it to be just him and Elliott. With Fia showing up, Kay getting progressively more pregnant and Elliott being in prison, he really hadn't spent any proper time with Elliott and was feeling slightly guilty on that (not that he'd ever tell anyone).

When Kay gritted her teeth and groaned he knew exactly what was going on, unborn Fia was in need of a punching bag. He wasn't the kind of person to talk to an unborn baby, but mentally he sighed and told her "really? Now? Just as I'm getting the chance to spend some time with. Could you not give you're mother and I a break and going back to just floating in birth fluid or whatever it is unborn beings do, instead of kicking the shit out of your mother." He didn't say that out loud. " She acting up again?"

If this was back when they first met, she wouldn't have said anything of what she did, and would have probably have just stuck with the cliché 'good luck, you know what's best' spiel, but she knew John and she knew Elliott and cared greatly for the both of them. She wanted nothing more than both of them to be as happy as they could be, which was why she felt she could word her response in the manner she did. She listened to his reply to her opinion and nodded smiling. "I know John, I just care about you both a lot, I worry" she smiled. She knew he felt bad for not spending alone time with Elliott, she didn't need a bond to tell her that, and it wasn't because it was obviously written on his face or the such, it was purely because she knew him and knew how much he cared for Elliott.

That was when the kick came that really knocked her sideways mentally. She nodded when he asked if she was acting up again, looking up as she exhaled through it. "Yeah... I'll be okay" she replied to him, before making him feel the kicking for himself so he could feel just hard unborn Fia was truly being with her kicks. She also didn't mind doing it as they were alone for once, and their unborn child may have the worst possible timing when it comes to interrupting them, but Kay tried to make it work by keeping it about her and John.

John had not been expecting her to grab his hand and make him feel the kicks. His first instinct was the animal one of panic and wondering what's gone wrong. The kicking felt..... weird, alien even (an ironic description given where they were and who they were with). It wasn't the first baby he'd felt kicking- Trish and Gemma took that honour- and he couldn't say if he'd ever feel another one after that. He knew Fia was an only child and that Rinaa wasn't born so much as created. There was no mention of either having siblings anor was there any mention of Cal and Cliff choosing to become parents. Nobody came to mind out of John's friends (and enemies) who'd be willing to let him near their unborn child (and fir good reason).

"I don't think her timing is ever going to get any better in the future." John replied the tiniest hint of fondness in his tone, smile and eyes as he removed his hand. Feeling kicking babies just wasn't his thing, or cooing over newborns. He was firmly in the 'people who think all babies look like Winston Churchill', regardless of gender and nationality' category when it came to babies. So far both teenager Fia and unborn Fia had shown an amazing ability for making their presence known at just the wrong moment, usually involving (but not limited to) interrupting John and Kay during important moments and completly derailed whatever had been happening beforehand.

She knew it wasn't his usual thing to do, but she just wanted him to feel first hand what she was putting up with, even if it wasn't the first time for him to feel baby kicks. It was her first time, she had never gone through this before, so for her if was a big deal even if she brushed it off most of the time. She also knew that Fia never mentioned about siblings that weren't Elliott, so she knew this was one a one time experience for her. Sure, part of her was the tiniest bit glad she didn't go through it again and had moaned that she never wanted to get pregnant for a second time, but she also knew anything was possible in their future, especially as their was so incredibly complicated and written for them. She just hoped it stayed at the one kid.

She heard the fondness in his voice and saw it in his face and eyes as she chuckled at his words. "I think you're right. She's certainly got a knack for just appearing at awkward moments" she replied, surprised that teenage Fia hadn't burst into the room already. The kicking started to subside as he let go of her stomach, and she wondered if unborn Fia just wanted the touch of John and that's why she was making a fuss so much. "Hmm...she's stopped kicking. Seems she's a daddy's girl even now" she chuckled. She then looked up at him, lifted her hand up and stroked his cheek. "When we're you going to talk with Elliott?" She asked, bringing the topic back to its original place, even if there was a part of her that wanted to keep the moment between them going.

John made a mental note to remember to start locking doors and important belongings away as Fia grew older. There would no doubt be times and things he didn't want her walking in on (such as him stitching himself up, a usually messy sight accompanied by some swearing and alcohol to numb the pain). Even with a kid he had no doubt that he would still be keeping dangerous things in his apartment, and The House was a veritable prison. There were many artifacts that he kept in The House simply fir the reason that he didn't want the League or any other mages getting their hands on them. He'd seen what happened with ARGUS and the Black Archive and knew they couldn't be entrusted with such power. Of course they'd thought the same thing about letting him in the Black Archive.

Unlike Kay, he didn't think it was his touch that had anything to do with Fia stopping kicking. It was just how babies were really, they got bored of doing it and wnet right back to floating around. "Relaly don't think that's what's happening, but medicine is not my area." He shrugged, tucking his hands back in his pockets. "As soon as possible. Not trying to run off, but I want to do this privately, in other words when Jay isn't around. She's going swimming with Cliff and her siblings right now, making it as good a time really."

Kay knew when unborn Fia was in the world that things most definitely would have to be locked away and/or baby proofed. Like John, she didn't want Fia walking in on John coming back battered and bruised from whatever job he takes on in the near future. Nor did she ever want their baby girl ever seeing herself injured in any way if it were to happen. When he said he didn't think that the stopping of kicking was down to him, she just rolled her eyes. "Course you wouldn't" she smirked.

She listened to what he said about when he wanted to talk with Elliott and it honestly made sense that he'd want to do it with Jay being around. "I get that don't worry. I don't think you're trying to run off at all. We got all the time we want to be together privately, I'm always going to be here" she reassured him. She stroked his cheek with her thumb before pecking his lips and letting go. There was then a knock on the bedroom door as Fia knocked on it. "I'm ready to head back if you two are! If mum is still awake that is" she called through the door smirking. "Yes I am still awake and we're coming, wait downstairs!" Kay called through.

He nodded at Kay's words, understanding that she was trying to convey that he shouldn't be feeling guilty for wanting to spend some time with his adoptive kid. He didn't usually make his self doubt so obvious and was guessing it was a combination of being magically bonded to somebody and being an expectant father of a biological kid. He didn't lean into the touch, but he still appreciated the slight calming it gave to him. "Yeah, I know." At the sound of the knock and the accompanying voice John found himself pretty surprised that Fia actually chose to knock on the door, maybe there was some rule they'd wisely imposed in the future. Either way it made a change from the norm, which was the other person/people in The House yelling extremely loudly in from wherever they were in the hopes that their calls would reach the other."Be out in a minute."

Once Kay was ready the two made their way out to meet Fia, John pressing a kiss to Kay's forehead as they left the room. Looking out, John could see Chas heading into Cliff's family home. He didn't bother to lock the door, instead activated the usual ward rune carved into the thick wood of the door that would only let those on the mental list of acceptable people who'd been into The House before gain access. Cal, Cliff and her siblings were heading towards the beach accompanied by Jay, having only stopped to drop non waterproof belongings off at their house. Cliff was hearing aid less and signing with Matteo. "Ell's at the boat, yeah?" John said, signing his words at the same time, his motions already far more fluent than earlier. "Yep, you know which one I take it?" "He texted yesterday, after we arrived" John confirmed, his words giving nothing away to Cliff's siblings about the real reason Rinaa had to stay on the boat. "Thought as much." The assassin signed back as John began heading down towards the harbour.

Kay nodded with a calming smile to him when he confirmed he knew she'd always be there for him. She noticed his surprise that Fia would actually knock for a change and not just burst into the room, something Fia would have normally done, yet something told her as she stood there holding books and her violin that she should just knock. Maybe it was because she was growing up or maybe it because it was how tired Kay looked earlier or maybe it was the bond telling her that they needed some privacy....she didn't know but she was glad she took the better road this time.

Fia had started heading downstairs and waited for them patiently. Whilst Kay made sure she was ready, not really needing anything as such. She walked downstairs with John, smiling as he kissed her forehead, just like he always did. The very action conveying more than enough to her. Leaving The House, she noticed how he didn't lock the door but just kept a ward up, Fia recognised the ward well as it was one she was shown early on. Not that she ever used it, but she needed to know what wards meant what, and thus that was in the list. Getting to Cliff's, Kay gave John a supportive pat on the back as he left to see Elliott then walked into Cliff's house and sat on the couch.

Fia gave Kay the next installment as promised, go which Kay gladly took, noting how much bigger the next book in the series was in comparison to even the previous one. "It's like 656 pages" Fia explained. Kay just nodded, "good because I need one that'll take a good chunk of time to read" she replied, as she opened the cover onto the first page.

Chas briefly nodded at Kay and Fia as they made their way into the house. He had staked a claim on the hammock. With his thick book (even thicker than the one Kay received from Fia), headphones in, relaxed slump and the large bag of popcorn poking out of his bag (along with a cold drink carefully placed on the balustrading) it was clear that he had no intention of moving from that spot at any time in the near future. There was a stack of books permanently kept in The House for him to read, a mixture of science fact, crime fiction (mainly classic detective stories), thrillers and whatever intersting fiction had caught his eyes the last time he was in a book store. John had given him the rune for reading any written language, but he had ample reading material in English so he didn't have to raid any of the bookshelves in Cliff's family home.

John made his way down to the harbour, jumping up on to the walkway, his boots hitting the wood with a thud. Out of curiosity he stuck a gnad in the water, testing in temperature. It wasn't freezing like the British sea would be, but it couldn't exactly be considered warm either. Water that would wake you up, he thought to himself, wiping his hand on his trouser leg as he continued his way to the houseboats. Elliott and Jay had opted to stay in a different one to Rinaa, as it was assumed that Moya would be staying with Rinaa. Even if he hadn't been told the address it would be easy to figure out which he was in by the sound of guitar and low singing floating on the wind.

After carefully stepping on to the boat so as not to make his presence known John stood in the doorframe listening and watching. He didn't recognise the song, but judging by the stiltedness to the lyrics' translation, it was an Attili one. Elliott's eyes were closed as he sang, his fingers sure of the chords. He was using John's guitar, which brought a string feeling of pride to John, knowing that it got a good, talented owner after him (he was refraining judgement on Rinaa's musical talents singing wise until he got proof which really wasn't very likely). Once Elliott stopped, he looked up to see John clapping. "Permission to come aboard, captain?" He asked with a slight smirk, to which Elliott rolled his eyes. "You are already on board, but come in anyway."

Kay and Fia both acknowledged Chas' nod as they came into the house, before they settled down. Kay instantly started reading, easily getting back into the world of Celaena Sardothian, Chaol and company. Oh how she missed reading about the fictional fae world. She couldn't say if the world was accurate or not but that didn't bother her. It was the characters that gripped her and the descriptive writing of what the areas in the world looked like that drew her in. Stealing the very first book a year and a half ago was one thing she never regretted doing.

Fia had put her violin down beside her on the other side of the couch and opened the book she was currently reading which was a horror book for something different. She rested her elbow on the arm rest and put her head in the palm of her hand as she held the book perfectly in her other hand. She didn't know that John was going to see Elliott to talk to him and it didn't phase her either way what he did. Glancing across, she saw Kay instantly get engrossed into her book, as Kay pulled up one leg, tucking it under her. Smiling, Fia went back to her own book.

John had to duck to enter the houseboat. It was narrow, but comfortable, designed to work as an apartment or bolthole for multiple people. The long bench seating transformed into bunks that could sleep at least four comfortably, with another two on the floor. The bathroom was jammed into the back. The galley kitchen was functional, collecting power from the roof panels. The furnishings were mismatched and worn looking. The much John sat on across from Elliott was deceptively comfortable and he raised an eyebrow in surprise, pulling his feet up on it to make himself comfortable. Elliott noticed the expression and smiled "my thoughts exactly. It looks too good to be true, but actually, I kinda like it." Elliott admitted, fingers idly strumming the frets as he spoke.

"Like it as in, its fun to stay in for a holiday, or like it as in the London property market is bloody expensive and living in a boat is looking like a very good idea?" John asked with a smirk, gesturing for Elliott to pass him the guitar, which he did. John ran his hands over the instrument, the worn wood and chipped lacquer just a she remembered it. He had to refrain from smelling it, but there was a certain comfort in the feel of his old guitar slotting against his body. "The second option really. I've been thinking...... don't give me that look, heat me out first." Elliott rolled his eyes at John's eyebrow instinctively raised in accusation. "Fia is arriving, at some point in the near future, six months is total bollocks, so it'll be when this is over and we're back on Earth. You two will need the space, and it'll all have to be done up child safe and whatnot." Elliott waved a hand around to indicate his point. "It's not that I don't like living with you, Hells I love it, even if you can't cook for shit and the apartment is a crap hole. But I've done a lot of thinking these past weeks and, long story short" He took a breath before just spitting it out. "I'm thinking of moving out when we get back to Earth."

Despite being totally engrossed in the book, Kay's mind did flicker every now and then to how John's time with Elliott was going. She never would have imagined though that they'd be talking about Elliott moving out of John's apartment when they got back to Earth. She just assumed that Elliott would stay in his room, she would move into John's room and when Fia was born, they'd turn the current room she was using into a nursery. She never thought Elliott would think to move out, especially as teenage Fia's stories or little bits of information never hinted to Elliott not living with them. She kept reading, her eyes having never darted away from the pages, as she turned them, already having got through 12 pages in just the few moments she had the book open.

Fia was the same as Kay when it came to reading. She hadn't read a fiction book for a while, her head always in a book for learning her magical heritage side or her phoenix history books to learn that side of herself. She still held a bit of a gripe against her phoenix side, but she was learning to accept it was part of who she was and she had to learn. So to read a fictional book was a nice breath of fresh air for her. The horror book she was reading had completely taken her out of reality, and on certain parts she found herself going wide eyed in reaction, every now and then her hand that was propping her head up, was going to her mouth in shock, suspense or surprise before going back to propping her head up. No words were spoken between the girls or toward Chas, there was a dead silence that would have made them hear a pin drop if it happened.

John couldn't say Elliott's decision was completly unexpected. Over the past few years since he turned eighteen, Elliott had been gradually spending more and more time away from the apartment. John would never dream of asking him to move out, or giving his room to anybody, it was firmly Elliott's room, no matter what else changed. Rooms in John's apartment were on a first come first served basis. As the two talked it became clear that Elliott had put a considerable amount of thought into his proposal outlining various reasons why it was a good idea, including the fact that he really didn't want to be woken up by baby screams when he was taking his few brief hours of rest. His spiel was wel thought out, and evidently rehearsed beforehand. John found himself fully supporting Elliott's decision, quizzing him on the scope of his plan as they passed the guitar back and forth. He also found himself completly agreeing that nobody else would get Elliott's room.

Fia, Kay and Chas would get about half an hour of peace before Matteo would quite literally barge into the house, opening the door so hard that it slammed against the wall. There was even a hole developing in the wall right where the handle would always hit it. His parents always bemoaned their five kids for abusing the wall, but it never led anywhere or changed anything. "Hi, don't mind me." He called out by way of greeting before heading up the stairs, his long legs allowing him to take three steps in one stride. His footsteps could be herd on the upper floors as he searched for something, followed by a triumphant noise. He re-emerged downstairs a few minutes with a volleyball.

Kay was completely forgetting where she was as she read the book, until Matteo came bursting into the house in the manner he did making her look up to see who it was. When Matteo said what he did, she looked back down at her book just smiling to herself with a slight shake of her head. 'teenagers' she thought to herself. As she read, every now and then she would run her fingers through her hair to brush it up and back so it out of the way of her eyes, still not bothering to tie it up. She heard Matteo come back down but thought nothing of it. She was content doing nothing but read.

When Matteo bounding in, she quickly looked up slightly startled but that was down to the genre of book she was reading when it happened. She didn't however for once, jump out of her skin. She looked back down to her book and continued reading as he could be heard rummaging around upstairs before re-emerging downstairs again. She reached the end of the current chapter she was reading and took a break, sliding her bookmark into place and closing the book so she could stretch. "Alright there Fia?" Kay asked, not looking up. "Yeah..just needed a break to stretch" she replied. Kay just nodded at the words.

Chas, unlike Kay and Fia had very nearly fallen out of the hammock at the sound of the door slamming open. He'd been so engrossed in his book and music that he hadn't heard or seen the the teenager approaching. He took advantage of the distraction to fix himself another drink. Matteo headed for the door, ball tucked under one arm, stopping just at the frame. "And in case you are wondering, yes, I'm pretty much always like that. They don't call me Hurricane Matteo for nothing." Chas gestured at the hole in the wall. "This is your doing then?" "Partially yes. It's been repaired a few times over the years, started with Benji and out parents just gave up correcting us after a while, one of those battles you can never win, y'know?" Chas nodded."All too well, except in my case it's the daughter and her sports gear."

The fact that Chas had a daughter had been revealed in Cliff's initial introduction of him. "What sports?" Matteo asked, genuinely curious. "Officially it would be rugby mainly, probabaly due the fact that you can get away with more violence in that sport, along with soccer. Unofficially Ell's teaching her boxing, mixed martial arts and parkour. What about you guys, clearly you're getting the ball for something?" "Either homebrew waterpolo, beach volleyball or beach soccer. It's not really been decided yet. You guys are welcome to join if you want."

If either Kay or Fia had noticed Chas near damn falling out the hammock, they both would have laughed hysterically, making the most of the fact that it wasn't either of them for once being the clumsy one. They both looked up again as Matteo spoke up and nodded in recognition that he was always like that. Fia smirked knowing if she so much as put a hole in a hole she would have gotten a right earful, which had happened once during a training session, and a training staff went straight into a wall. Needless to say Kay was more pissed than anyone else.

Fia debated about joining in before deciding that she could do with it. "I'll join in." she said, standing up off the couch, glad that she changed from her jeans to shorts and cropped vest when she grabbed the books. "You go ahead, I fully intend to do nothing but relax. I'll pop out to watch in a bit though" Kay commented, even if she was the only one who didn't join in, she wouldn't have minded. She just wanted to get another drink and she really was craving some fruit, so she wanted to do that first. "You can look after my baby then!" Fia smirked, referring to her violin that she brought across. "Yeah yeah" Kay as aid rolling her eyes.

"Another time, I intend to make the most of this hammock." Chas told Matteo who nodded with a broad grin. "Fair enough, that is the most comfortable of the hammocks, totally can't object to anybody staking a claim on it for the whole day, I've done the same myself." The hammock had been constructed from an old bedspread that had become to frayed and worn to be put on bed. Matteo nodded at Kay's words "I'd you do come along, just head towards the harbour, then turn left, away from where we had the campfire last night, you'll probably hear us before you see us." He told her, knowing that she wouldn't know where they were intending to go on the island. He held up a fist for fist bump as Fia decided to join them.

"Come on then, I'll lead the way." He told her, leaving the house and leading the way down to the beach. As he'd said earlier the others could be heard before they were seen. Getting to the beach required scrambling over some rock debris thrown up on the storm beach. This beach wasn't particularly long, the sand taking on a reddish hue due to the minerals in the surrounding rocks. There were also occasional streaks of black sand brought in from the volcanic islands by the tides Matteo explained. The waves rolling in were impressive, but not strong enough to drag somebody out, though there was a nasty riptide to the east. Just like Matteo, Benji and Nat were both shirtless, the latter having a large birthmark stretching across his shoulder blades. All were in the water, with the exception of Charlie and Jay who were charging in with surfboards."Hey people! I got the ball!"

Kay was glad that she wasn't the only one not fully intending in going along, and that Chas was the same in mind as she was. She took note of the directions that Matteo was telling her incase she did go down to watch. Knowing her she'd just fly up to find them and find her way of she really got confused. She was better at bearings from above a lot of the time, not that she was ever bad at directions from the ground. Her ending up in a dead end alleyway was a rare occurrence. "Got it" she replied. Fia gave Matteo a fist bump back, it quickly seemingly becoming their thing. She then headed to the kitchen after Fia left, and grabbed an apple and another drink, walking back into the living room and claiming the couch once more.

Fia followed Matteo out waving goodbye to Kay and Chas as she did so. She followed Matteo over the rocks to the small beach, noticing the red hue it was taking on and found it strangely cool to look at. She saw the others already topless like Matteo and just wasn't phased anymore, no matter how well kept they all were. She did take notice of Nat's birth mark though but said nothing as she didn't want to come across as rude. She also saw Jay on a surfboard and had to admit to herself she never knew Jay could surf. "Didn't know you could surf Jay!" Fia spoke up. She thought she knew a lot about her, considering she was one of her main trainers in the future but clearly she didn't.

Matteo chucked the ball at Nat who caught it easily, then kicked it over to Cliff and Cal, the three quickly forming a triangle to play in. Matteo then raced straight into the water with a war cry, tackling Benji at the knees, causing both of them to face plant into the water and go under. That turned into an undignified scuffle with both grabbing at the others legs and swimming further out underwater. With their girls neither needed to come up for air. It was clear that they were only playfighting, Benji having the height and age advantage, while Matteo had the balls and the 'nothing to lose attitude' It was only broken up by Charlie yelling "surfer coming through move your asses!" before ploughing through the water where her brothers had been moments before.

Jay looked up at Fia's call, smoothing back her wet hair. As it was saturated it appeared an even darker blue than usual. "Neither did I." She shrugged, adjusting the tie around her ankle. "Had a couple lessons when I was younger, but it often just devolved into messing around and ploughing into Jack, deliberately knocking him off his board, he had the knack for it." Her eyes lightened at the thought of her twin and the days where she was younger and things were both more and less complicated than they were. "Charlie offered to teach me and I figured why not." "Teach really isn't the right word, more of refresh. You're an extraordinarily fast learner, though I guess that goes with the territory. You're pretty damn good...... even if you are a goofy footer."

Fia watched as Matteo went diving in with a war cry, making her giggle at the whole thing as he tackled Benji and started play fighting with his older brother. She waded in, not minding if her shorts got wet as for once they weren't denim but actual beach shorts and she had a bikini on underneath her outfit. She waded closer to Jay as Jay examined that not even she realised she could surf to a decent ability. She smiled hearing how light her tone was as it also showed in her eyes.
"It seems to be a common trait in our group. We're all pretty quick learners" Fia added, more for Charlie's benefit than Jay's as she knew Jay would know that information already. Fia floated and waded in the water to stay on the surface, enjoying the feel of water around her once again in the day. "Never learned myself. Though not exactly anywhere to truly learn in London" she added with a smile and chuckle.

Kay just slipped back into reading her book with a content sigh as she ate her apple happily, she did think maybe she should go watch the others but she was perfectly happy on the couch. She also hoped the talk between Elliott and John was going alright and John was getting the answers he was hoping to get out of Elliott. As she read she found her mind constantly wandering

Nobody was wearing actual swimwear, just regular clothes that wouldn't drag them down if saturated. Jay's outfit was one she used for running in (having not planned for a beach trip when packing). "Its the only way to be really. And if you aren't a quick learner, then at least being willing to try new things will get you far in life." Charlie answered, replying in what was nicknamed her 'cop dispensing divine wisdom voice' full of over the top solemnity. "Thoug if you feel like learning now there is some spare boards lying around." The racerback of Jay's shirt revealed the white and red tips of her back scars when worn under normal cirumstances, but with the fabric saturated by seawater it was clinging to her skin revealed the exact extent of these scars. Her back was crisscrossed by deep scars, the tissue healed awkwardly into ridges. Some were straight cuts as would be given by a knife or sword, but others could only have been given by a barbed whip. There was also a tiny patch of scar tissue on her upper shoulder. "I doubt a beach in the middle of London would work in terms of weather and wave systems, but it would certainly be a sight to see." Jay replied, before hopping back up on the board to chase another wave with Charlie.

Elliott and John had moved off the topic of Elliott moving out onto the topic of Fia and Kay and unborn Fia, which had been discussed at length, before John managed to steer the conversation towards the real reason he'd came to the boat in the first place. "Not going to lie, it was strange. Don't know what I was expected, but he's gotten older, some very slight streaks of grey-silver and he's grown his hoar out of the military style cut he used to have, but apart from that, he looks the same really." "What about the scar?" "He expected it, but the extent of it came as a surprise." "You know it helaed badly originally so we had to cut it open again, lengthening it on the process." "He did a dress it's existance though not just brush it under the carpet."

Fia nodded in agreement at Charlie's words. They didn't mirror what she had been told by others exactly, but it was very similar. She was brought up to always have an open mind and learn what she didn't understand, which just flowed across to any skills she picked up growing up. "I'll think about it" she replied about learning how to surf, as she probably would learn at some point but right now she was just enjoying relaxing. She chuckled and nodded at Jay's remark about a beach in the middle of London as she then watched Jay and Charlie paddled out to catch another wave. She swam over to the rest who were playing with the ball, "mind if I join?" She asked.

Kay soon closed her book as her thoughts were just taking over her mind, putting her book down just as she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, taking a nap. Exhaustion from the day had eventually caught up to her. Her head lightly dropped to the side as she slept, one hand on her stomach and one dropping off the edge of the couch. Her afternoon naps seemed to be becoming a regular thing, and just guessed it was perfectly normal. Her nap though did consist of dreams of her bloodline once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back