• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay and Fia saw from above just how well Matteo and Nat worked together, and how well they managed to take their instructions when things were getting slightly off centre and not straight, something that didn't happen a lot, but when it did, it was noticeable more from above than on the ground. Both girls were glad that they had wings to cover such a large area, as flight did make it all that more easier, however it was still just as tiring as if they were on the ground with the boys. Especially for Kay. Fia noticed how both of them got distracted to begin with and she couldn't blame them, all things considered. It wasn't exactly a common sight to see one let alone two humanoid phoenix's flying above them.

The girls nodded when the call came up to take a break, they nodded and flew down to the ground. They both mirroring each others' landing as they stepped onto the ground one foot at a time, wings folding in and behind them but not disappearing. Each of them took a bottle of water, opening them and drinking them gladly, realising just how thirsty they were. "Very much needed" Kay remarked to no one in particular, sighing with relief as the cold drink went down her throat. "No worries! It's looking good from above too. It's been good to give our wings a real good stretch out for a change!" Fia replied with a smile. "Agree with Fia. Back home it's far too dangerous to go out flying, so as well as being useful it's been good for us too." Kay added. "What snacks are there?" Fia then asked.

The synchronisation of their landings and wing retraction looked like something out of a superhero movie and both boys noticed, casting smirks at each other, not saying anything, simply knowing exactly what the other was thinking. Both Matteo and Nat downed two bottles of water as quickly as posisble, each wiping their brows with their clothes, Nat using his long sleeves and Matteo using his shirt. "I know the feeling" Matteo replied in response to Kay's statement. "Doing any kind of work here is a workout in itself, particularly on warmer days like this one." "If it was one of those summer scorchers I'd have probably melted by now or dragged out Cliff to make a couple of hundred ice cubes to cool down with." Nat agreed.

They half listened to the conversation about flying and how Kay hadn't had any opportunities to do so recently. They knew about Attil's anti-magic stance and had inferred from the talking earlier that the magical world was pretty dangerous on Earth. At the snacks question Matteo gestured to the two backpacks resting in the shade of the truck. "Nothing extremely exciting, there's some sandwiches, a random selection of fruit in ice to keep it cool, chocolate that runs a chance of being metled by now, some cereal bar type things and whatever crisps happened to be in the cupboard. Help yourself to whatever, we've got so much food around the house at the moment for this wedding, it's gonna be crazy.....in a good way."

Neither Fia or Kay intended to make their landings so perfectly synchronized, but it happened just like when two people accidentally say the same thing at the same time in the same tone. It was sheer fluke it happened, but even they had to admit it did look pretty cool when it happened. To the girls, it just showed their familial relationship even more. Kay listened to what Matteo said about how it was like a workout no matter what they did, sighing she could well and truly believe. "I can easily believe that. It's a good job really that it takes A LOT of heat before us two are affected by it" Kay said. Unlike cold, that could be highly dangerous for the both of them if they got too cold too quickly. Something that Kay had felt once before on the streets and never wanted to experience again.

Fia nodded at the list of snacks that were brought, looking at where Matteo was gesturing toward before jogging over to the backpacks and having a look at all the snacks that were there. Just as he said, there was a good selection and she decided to go for a snack bar before pulling out a sandwich for Kay, knowing that if she didn't eat properly Cliff would have a go or make her eat properly as soon as. Kay took the sandwich, "thanks kiddo" Kay said, taking a bite. "Well, someone has to make sure you eat properly when Cliff ain't around" Fia smirked.

"Makes sense" Matteo nodded when Jay spoke about how heat didn't affect them as easily as it affected them."Cliff had a rough time in the scorcher summers when we were younger, being a cryokinetic she kept overheating and blacked out a few times. Luckily the streams and oceans here remain relatively cool here in summer, as does the area of the house under the porch and decking." lt has been scary for them all the first time around. Attil's climate wasn't as extreme in summer and was less prone to intense heatwaves, which made living there easier for Cliff. They both rolled their eyes at the comment about Cliff making Kay eat. "That's definetly sounds like our sister alright, being a doctor is the prefect job for her and she's damn good at that." Matteo told them.

"Though she wasn't always like that."
Nat added, and seeing that he had Fia and Kay's interest he continued. "She used to have no particular interest in medicine and was about as patient and helpful with sick people as a young kid can be. But after the incident she spent months in hospital, failing to come to terms with being deaf. She was refusing to talk, to learn sign, to eat or to have any interest in moving on in general. It took a medical student to snap her out of it. A stubborn ass medical student who refused to let Cliff sit there and wallow in self pity, one who showed up off shift to help her. It took a long time for my stubborn ass sister to see sense. When she did she immediately began questioning the student as to why. And it was from there that her interest in medicine grew, she wanted to help people in situations like hers to see that there was still hope. It was a complete turn around for her and ever since then she's been a damn awesome doctor." Matteo had been to young at the time to remember what Cliff had been like before the incident, but Nat could.

Hearing that Cliff had a hard time with extreme heat wasn't of much surprise to either Fia or Kay. It made complete and utter sense to them just as them not being affected by heat too much wasn't much of a surprise to Nag and Matteo. "Mm makes sense. It's the same with us and extreme cold. Cool temperature isn't a problem but extreme temperatures are. The risk of hyperthermia for us is ridiculously high. Gone through it once and it wasn't fun in the slightest." Kay explained, remembering when she was found in an London alleyway shaking violently in the freezing temperatures and snow, practically turning blue and should have been died from it. But some homeless guy found her, gave up his blanket and sleeping bag and took her to one of the secret underground homeless camps. Put her in front of a fire and stayed up with her until she recovered. She didn't know who was more scared, herself or the kind guy who risked his own life to save hers.

Fia listened to Matteo confirm that's as definitely like Cliff to do something, whilst Nat's addition piqued both their interests, them both listening to the story intently. Kay seemed to recall a brief explanation that Cliff or Cal told her about Cliff's beginnings into medicine. It wasn't any less fascinating to hear more in depth though. "It's incredible what just one person can do to impact your life." Kay replied, her tone saying she knew from experience but wasn't going to delve into it. If she had, it would have shattered the whole 'Fia is my little sister who I took in' story. "Cliff is very talented that's for sure. I feel lucky to have her on my back over this to be honest. I also know John is thankful for it, even if he won't say it out loud." Kay then added with a smirk.

They both nodded at the mention of hypothermia and how awful it was for Kay and Fia to go through, Matteo pulling a face in the process. Neither were going to ask why or under what circumstances she'd become hypothermic, it wasn't their place to ask and Kay's tome made it clear that she wouldn't be giving and further information on this topic or on the topic of how one person could have such a large impact on their lives. "She really is, it's part talent and part bullshark-headed determination to succeed at what she does. Her being a doctor is something that's been a constant pretty much my entire life." Matteo told them. "The age gap between us means I only remember what Cliff was like after she became deaf, the memories I have before that time are patchy at best and fabricated from stories I've been told at worst."

Nat nodded his agreement. "I remember more than he does, but again it's not a massive amount and I remember the day we got the news and those days after that where we just went through the motions in shock. Charlie and Benji remember the most of what she was like before, hence why he was extremely over protective of her afterwards and got really pissed when she decided to move off world, even if it was the right choice looking back. He's mellowed out since then once he realised that she's terrifyingly capable. She's the one you want on her side and she will do pretty much anything to do her job right. I can safely say she's the best doctor we know, so you're in good hands there."

Kay and Fia both listened to Matteo as he said what it was about Cliff that makes her such a good doctor and both of them had to smirk. Kay was particularly glad that neither he or Nat pursued the side topic of how Kay became extremely unwell from the cold. "A bit like myself and Kay. There's some things I don't really know when it comes to what she was like before I came around. Stories is all I have too" Fia replied, getting what Matteo was on about, and what she said wasn't entirely fabricated either. It was just lucky that it worked for both being a sibling and a kid of Kay so was easy to make the boys believe it was down to the age gap.

"Older siblings will naturally be protective of their younger ones. For the most part anyway. I know I won't like it if this one here decides to move out at any point!" Kay said with a smile, nudging Fia in the arm. "But in all serious I have no doubts I'm in capable hands with Cliff. She's even been reading up on our kind more to be of more help which is appreciated." Kay then added. She then finished her sandwich and screwed up the rubbish before putting it away where the other rubbish was, and not just chucking it on the floor. Fia finished what she was eating and her water, before like Kay, putting the empty packet in the designated rubbish bag. It seemed that unborn Fia was glad of the food too as she started to kick, making Kay rub her stomach.

Matteo and Nat nodded their agreement, Benji had been a third parent for both of them given the age gap and the fact that he (unlike his sisters chose to stay living on the island). "And the younger ones have a duty to bitch about over protective siblings, but we secretly love the attention." Matteo smirked. "And you miss then when you move out." Nat added, before fixing Matteo with a pointed glare. "Don't you dare tell Benji I said that, he'll be so insufferably smug about the whole thing." Matteo rolled his eyes, but nodded. "Yes, fine, I won't say anything, but you owe me." "I'll keep quiet on your dirt, if you keep quiet about mine." Nat agreed, ar which point the two brothers shook on it. Matteo's hand had a darker Tan than Nat's, but both were calloused from fishery work, hunting and in Nat's case woodworking.

"That sounds like Cliff alright" Matteo nodded as he added his trash to the small pile, then taking Nat's and putting the whole pile into a section of his backpack."Knowing her she's put out requests for any kind of info from any data base she or somebody she knows has the vaguest hope of accessing." The boys stood up again, this time reaching for the paint cans. "Right then, we'd best get started on the spraying, we'll start with the reds, blues and blacks first as they'll be the most visible." Matteo added as he began to walk away from the truck with his backpack, Nat following.

"totally agree!" Fia smirked back at Matteo's comment before Nat chimed in and there seemed to be a bit of truthful banter between the boys. Both girls just chuckled at it all unfolding in front of them. Kay listened to what Matteo was saying about Cliff, nodding. "I can easily see that. Even though she could just ask one of us, though it is a learning curve for even me" Kay laughed. As the boys stood up, so did the girls.

"Okay, so what did you want us to do? Also spray paint or keep a bird's eye view?" Fia asked, not entirely sure and she didn't want to just rush into anything that she wasn't needed for. Kay was the same in that regard, she'd rather be directed on what to do for these kinds of things than go in head first and make a mistake. Only time she got hot headed about steaming right in was if John was wanting to do something stupid and she refused to let him so it alone. But then again, pretty much everyone in his circle was like that.

"That's probably why she's not asking, she likes to be able to back up word of mouth information." Matteo replied, knowing that his sister liked to use as many sources as posisble, preferably outside ones to eliminate bias and to catch exaggeration or mistruths. When studying in the university library she had produced more study notes and cited more sources than almost any other student. Though with such a scarcity of relevant information Cliff would soon enough have to resort to questioning what the book couldn't tell her. The pheonix book she'd been given was currently with Cliff's belongings next to a pile of notes written in the doctors neat handwriting (as opposed to the messier script she used for signatures). Had she known The House had an extensive library she'd certainly be perusing there for something or trying to unlock the information Chas had within him.

"Either or." Matteo replied. "You've told us that the lines are correct, so all we need to do is paint 'em on and remove the guide ropes afterwards. I don't think we can really screw that up. And besides, the more people painting the faster we can get this done and we got quite a bit of ground to cover." Matteo answered. "It's best if we split up the spraying between us anyway, we can cover more ground that way without fear of interfering." Nat added. "I'll take that section" he gestured in the opposite direction to the one Matteo was heading in.

Kay nodded at those words finding they were completely valid and fair enough. There was after all only so much one book or person's knowledge get someone before needing another opinion or clarification from somewhere else. "Very fair point" she then said before Fia had asked her question.

With the question answered, the girls made their decision very quickly. "Cool then we'll help with the spraying." Fia replied, noticing which colours Nat and Matteo had taken so she and Kay could take the third colour. There would be enough for both of them to do one colour in different places, whilst Fia was determined to try out flying low to the ground whilst spray painting, to see if she could in fact accomplish it and make it go by faster. "Okay, let's get on with it then" Kay commented, grabbing a couple of cans of the remaining colour, like Fia did. "We'll start in that direction" she said pointing in the third direction that was different to Matteo and Nat.

The boys nodded and set off it their own directions intending to start work from the furthest point from the truck and work their way towards the van. The spraying wasn't hard work, in fact the boys found it easier than marking out the lines. They both adopted the same strategy of spraying the line first, then removing the guide rope and post. The work was reparative and Matteo found himself drifting off as he worked and accidentally ended up spray painting his foot red, cursing loudly. The runes could translate the cursing, but not all of it amde sense as it was mainly local slang which had a heavy emphasis on sea and sea creatures, a particular favourite of his being "Bloody bollocking barnacles!"

Nat glanced over at his brother, sighed and kept working. "Ignore him, he's accidentaly painted his foot." The boys found themelves sweating and Nat finally relented to the heat and pulled off his loose hoodie. Matteo went one further, pulling off his t-shirt and proceeding to walk around topless. With less layers it was easy to see that the boys had the same build- athletic and muscular with no extra fat on them, the same build that Cliff, Charlie and Benji possessed. Matteo had a couple of scars, the only major one being a jagged line across his shoulder. Once their sections were done they would move to the final section and help finish it.

With the boys setting off in their direction, so did the girls, taking the same.method as them by starting from the furthest point. Fia decided to fly low to the furthest end just to get there faster, making Kay roll her eyes but smile at the action. "Typical bloody teenager" she remarked to herself quietly. Reaching the end, she took the kid off the first can, shook it and started painting on the ground, removing the rope as she went, like Matteo. Fia didn't remove the rope as she went, she did in fact do what she wanted and sprayed whilst flying.

They got about half way down when they heard the cursing from Matteo, making both girls pause and laugh at the choice of words. "Fia! He's as creative as you are when cursing!" Kay grinned, referencing when she got scared in the bathroom. Fia looked at Kay and flared, "oh ha bloody ha!! It was ONE time!!" Fia retorted back, knowing she's never going to love the 'shit on a stick' remark down. Kay just laughed, "suuuuuure it was!" Kay replied sarcastically, having a feeling it wasn't the first time she used that complaint. They looked at Nat to clarify, "Artemis made her jump one morning and she said 'shit on a stick' so loud the whole apartment heard her." Kay explained.

After that they continued their work until the lines were painted with Fia flying back grabbing the rope and poles quickly before returning to near the van. The earlier note of the boys removing clothing didn't go unnoticed but Kay certainly had no intentions of looking elsewhere, and Fia glanced at Matteo very briefly but looked away to continue her work. She practically heard Cliff's previous warning of not oogling at her brothers ring through her mind.

Nat snorted in amusement at the story while Matteo fully started laughing before dropping his can on his foot, wincing in pain but deciding not to yell out in case he started yelling something like "Shit on it! Shit on it! Shit on it!" or "shit and piss!" Which were his two go to phrases for hwne he was in enough pain to warrant screaming but wasn't going to be collapsing to the ground unconscious. "I gotta hear the rest of this story and the context. Artemis doesn't seem like the pranking type, though that could be because my experience is based off my two idiots brothers." "Who are you calling an idiot?!" Matteo called over. "You, mister I'm pointing the spray can nozzle at face and don't know it."

Matteo started, blushed red and pointed the can the right way around. Nat chuckled to hismlef and made usr eto work as far away from Matteo as possible. Once the whole field was marked out he gathered up the empty cans and chucked them into the waste bag. He then leaned again the truck and wiped his hands against his t-shirt surveying the work. "That looks done to me, maybe one of you should give it a quick once over from above before we head back?"

Fia groaned the moment Nat asked to hear the whole story for context, a comment that Kay grinned deviously at, fully intent on spreading the story far and wide. She even laughed at Matteo and Nat having banter whilst Nat pointed out Matteo had the nozzle facing the wrong way. "Okay so... The other day Artemis was working late, and to not wake everyone in the apartment, slept in the bath. So next morning, this one" she points at Fia, "is the last to get up as per usual, sleepily walks out the room she's crashing in at Cal's and Cliff's, walks into the bathroom to use the loo and comes face to face with Artemis out cold in the bath. She jumps out her skin screaming 'shit on a stick' so loud, the lot of us heard it from the kitchen" she explained laughing. "I'm so never living this one down..." Fia groaned.

With the work done, both girls nodded. "Looks done to us too. But I'll go above and check" Kay said, stepping back and went above to survey everything. She started at the north end and flew to the south end, checking everything as she went, glad that she had keen sight when above. Everything was looking pretty damn spot on to her, so she flew back to the van and landed like she did before. "We're all good. Not a single spot missed" she confirmed.

When Kay started to tell the story Matteo sloped over too in order to listen. The idea of sleeping in the bath so as not to disturb anybody made sense to them, Cal had given them a video tour of the apartment and they knew that with all the bedroom in use along with the couch there really were limited options on where to sleep. Though being in the bath also sounded like she'd passed out there after a night of heavy drinking. (But Kay had already clarified that point so their thoughts didn't stray that way). Once Kay ahad finished telling the story and Fia had dig herself a deeper hole with her remark the two started laughing. As was the pattern with the boys Matteo laughed louder and harder, barely able to control himself at points, where as Nat was more controlled, his amusement showing more strongly in his eyes. "You really aren't going to live this down, ever." Matteo agreed.

With Kay's confirmation that all was looking good Nat nodded, sitting himself down in the drivers seat. "Excellent, and it looks good from done here. We might have to come back here again, but that would only be a short trip to do directional arrows and landing points." He told them as the clambered in (or in Matteo's case clambered on) to the truck. "Wonder how much the others have got done." He mused, putting the truck into gear and driving them back towards the main house.

The others had been busy erecting two giant tent metal frames. One was already covered with a white canvas, while the second was in the process of being covered. A huge pile of tables and chairs had also materialised having been carried from whatever outbuilding they were being stored in. Next to that was the giant pile of lumber and tber that would be forming the basis of the stage in one of the tents. There was also a selection of lights and sound equipment boxed up in the shade. Benji was directing the group pulling on the canvas which consisted of a ground team using ropes while Rinaa and Jay were perched high in the structural supports feeding the canvas through and laying it out. There was a brief acknowledgement to the arrivals, but it was clear that they wouldn't be able to talk until the roof was finished.

During the story telling, she could see Fia groaning and looking like she wished she was anywhere but where she was, as well as seeing both Matteo and Nat listen and bursting into laughter. It was actually infectious which was why she laughed at the end of her story telling. Matteo's laughter was particularly amusing to watch. "Sorry not sorry kiddo!" Kay smirked at Fia after Matteo agreed she wasn't going to see the end of this any time soon. Fia just groaned and hung her head down, "is it too late to find a new family to adopt me?" Fia questioned. "Yes...yes it is" Kay smirked, before she went off to do that check from above.

Getting into the truck she put her seatbelt on, as did Fia. Fia kept thinking of how she could get her own back on Kay for embarrassing her in front of Nat and Matteo, she needed to get one up on her now, whilst hoping she wouldn't get pranked first by anyone else. She could now see clearly that Matteo would gladly try to make her scream that catchphrase now he knows of it. "Yeah, that's fine, but at least we made a good dent in the work." Kay agreed. "I wonder as well" she then said in response to the second comment.

Reaching the main house, both Fia and Kay could see how much the guys and girls had got done, whilst how much still needed to be done. It was obvious they were too busy to chat and that was fine by both the girls. "I think this is the most grunt work I've ever seen John do" Fia chuckled. "Don't let him hear you say that" Kay sniggered, though she wasn't going to lie, she did enjoy watching, but she tried to make it discreet.

"My family is full, sorry" Matteo told Fia."My parents really can't wait to shove me out of the house and to college or university so they get to have some peace and quiet for once. Having five kids is a serious commitment.... Or so they say." He added with an eye roll. "Don't speak so hastily Matteo, if you're anything like the rest of us you'll get this period of intense homesickness and lie through your teeth about it to save face." Nat told him as the tents cme into view. "They have been busy. It's practically flying up. Still don't know how our parents found so many tables and chairs." As they passed the tents Matteo yelled over "lookin' good guys! "

Nat parked outside the house, pulling out the keys and shoving them into his pocket before briefly vanishing into the house to put them back on their rightful hook then grabbed a crate of chilled drinks, with about thirty bottles in it, knowing that all would appreciate it. With the canvas firmly secured and checked the others stepped back to admire their work. Jay and Rinaa clambered down from the tents frame, swinging down it using a mixture of parkour and acrobatic moves landing in identical crouches on the ground, making it quite obvious that Jay had trained Rinaa. Cliff's group came out shortly afterwards with the final version of the seating plan. The drinks were taken as they all either sat or lay down on the ground to give each other the run done of what had been done and what was still left to do.

"wouldn't join anyway, you wouldn't let me live this down. I'd need someone who DOESN'T know the story" Fia pointed out with a smirk and chuckle. "Touché Fia" Kay remarked back. Back at the house, Kay and Fia stepped out of the truck when Nat stopped, agreeing with Matteo that they really had done so much in the time, finding it impressive. They both walked over but stayed out the way for safety sake, until Nat came back with the crate of chilled drinks, where they then joined the others properly.

Seeing Jay and Rinaa clamber down in the style they didn't surprise either Kay or Fia, and they certainly didn't say anything as they had seen them both do similar things in unison before, as well as the fact that both Kay and Fia did the same thing earlier when landing after their flight. They reunited with John on the ground having taken a drink each, "seems to be going just as well here as where we were" Kay remarked, gesturing at the work they had done with the construction side of things. Kay sat cross legged as it was the most comfortable position for her, whilst Fia laid out on the ground, only propping herself up with her elbows for the sake of drinking.

"Yep it is" John nodded as they sat down near him. His trenchcoat had been long since discarded and his shirt sleeves were rolled up to his elbows revealing his forearm tattoos and the scars they concealed. He sat with one leg out straight, the other bent upwards, the posture that most of the others had taken, except for Matteo who'd thrown himself on the ground and Rina who had managed to snag the drinks crate for a seat. Nobody had made a comment, but there were quizzical looks to which John had replied with 'what you're thinking about the scars is probably correct'. There had been no more questions after that, and the work had kept them busy.

"You can see the two tents put up, and the ground has been partially covered with a sort of base lining thingy. And there was also the joy of carrying all the parts needed for the stage along with six million and five tables and approximately seven billion chairs." He gestured at the piles behind him. "The pontoons were also brought down to the side beach, not the main harbour. All the carrying is done so its just arranging and constructing stuff. What about you guys and Rudolph the red-footed teenager?" John tipped his head in the direction of Matteo, who hadn't gotten around cleaning the paint from his foot. "How'd you guys get on?" He asked before downing a large portion of the bottle in one go without needing to come up for air.

Last edited:
Kay wasn't surprised that John would have discarded the trenchcoat during all the work they had to do. It was one of the first things she noticed as they were driving up to the house when she was staring whilst totally not looking like she was staring. Though she felt she had every right to considering how she was linked to him in many ways. Seeing his scars was nothing new to her so it was never something she particularly saw when his sleeves were rolled up, so when the others looked on quizzically and he reacted to it, she realised it was something that many of the group wouldn't have seen before.

She listened to what he explained about everything they had done, looking around and nodding. "Yeah, we're pretty much on track as well. Got all the sections for the spaces marked out and painted. Matteo accidentally sprayed his own foot by zoning out at one section. But other than that, no problems. Fia showed off by painting and flying naturally." She explained with a smirk. "Just got the whole directional arrows landing marks to do but that's it. Just felt good to stretch my wings as well, by checking it all out from above" she then added. "And you embarrassed me by telling them when I got scared by Artemis in the bath" Fia pointed out, to which Kay smirked proudly. "Yes I did" Kay smugly replied.

John listened to Kay as she explained how her group had gotten on. The jab he'd made at Matteo had only been made for the benefit of Kay and Fia, as all the others nearby were Cliff's family and the Christmas song reference would be totally lost on them, just as the references they made were lost on him, Chas (and for a good part of the time Elliott, who'd missed out on almost twelve years of pop culture from his home planet and interplanetary cinema). Jay in the other hand was very much clued in, as was Rinaa (though that was due to her upbringing in the future watching all these films Cliff's family, Cal and Jay found classic. He could hear in Kay's voice and feel a consistent hum of contentment across the bond at her being able to fly and stretch her wings in safety.

He chuckled when Kay said that the story of Artemis in the bath had gotten out and knew that Fia overreacting with embarassment over it was only going to ensure it continued spreading. At the mention of Rinaa, his eyes flicked over to the teenager who was currently in a discussion with Benji about something ró another. He wondered idly if the mythology behind the name might have been a reason it was chosen. Artemis was the gidess of the hunt and depicted with wolves as companions. "Well of course that was going to happen given the reaction it gets every time its brought up. You still totally over reacted, though if I was in that situation, I'd probabaly have though she was dead....which says a lot really"

The reference did make sense to both Fia and Kay and it did make both girls smirk when he made it, which was one of the reasons behind her explaining how it happened. Even when she spoke of it, she could feel herself the bond reacting to her contentment at being able to fly again and as herself for once. It really was freeing for her and made her feel like that she was indeed the one more in control of her heritage and what she was, rather than Fee being in control. So she just knew John would also be feeling what she was when she spoke of it.

There was always something endearing to Kay when she could make John chuckle or laugh, and this moment was no different. She noticed how he glanced across at Rinaa when she was mentioned before looking back and replying to Fia. "I was half asleep and it took me off guard. I don't see that as over reacting. And yeah you would because you're morbid minded a lot of the time" Fia retorted back. Kay just smirked shaking her head at the reply Fia came out with. "Defend it all you want, we'll still find it hilarious and clearly you and Matteo have the same imagination for cursing, so it was only inevitable that'd come up in convo. At least you didn't come out of it red footed" Kay replied, taking another swig of her bottled drink.

John just rolled his eyes, being half asleep was no excuse in his book. He'd been half asleep when A.J's blood covered sister had appeared at their door and he had still managed to function, ride a bike and properly stitch up the various wounds Scott had received. It was a pretty lazy excuse in his mind, even if it was the truth. "That's really no excuse y'know." He rolled his eyes to emphasise his point before adding his agreement. "And I'm not going to bother rebuttling that, it's true." After so many years of living like he did, submerging hismlef in the dangerous world of magic and Downworders that mindset was permanently ingrained in him. It kept him alive and it never left him in the future.

John glanced at the teenagers bright crimson foot nd realised that nobody had even commented on it. "But clearly he knows how to pull it off and not get irked by it afterwards. Either that or it's a normal occurence ad not worth the family's effort commenting on." He shrugged, downing another large swig of water. The thought had crossed Matteo's mind to spray his other floor red and make it a fashion statement, but he decided against it. " So what exactly did he say that managed to match 'shit on a stick', ten thousand thundering typhoons?"

John saying it was no excuse was a well rehearsed line Fia had heard many many times before in the future, not that he would know that, but she just rolled her eyes waving her hand at him in a dismissive manner. "Yeah yeah...heard it all before" she replied, knowing deep down he wouldn't deny that he was morbid minded, and if he did try it, she would pull out many examples to prove him wrong, but luckily that wasn't required. "well considering Nat told us to ignore him because of what he did, I'd say they're definitely used to Matteo doing similar things all the time. It really wasn't any surprise to Nat whatsoever." Kay said back as he took another large swig of water. As for the question, the girls wondered who would be the first to say it, before Fia got there first, "he said 'bloody bollocking barnacles'" she explained. Just hearing it again made Kay chuckle once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back