• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

the forge

Fia looked over her shoulder at Jay when she disagrees with her comment, giving an example of something that was in her opinion better. Fia just shrugged it off, when deep down she did think how incredible that must be to experience but knew deep down that it was something she would never experience knowing the way her luck in life was. She smirked though at Cliff's retort about the deep thinking aspect of Jay's remark. "Like mother like daughter I guess" she commented.

the city

It was only after she said it, she remembered that that flavour ice cream was John's favourite and wondered if that had something to do with her craving, like it was some kind subliminal thought process going or something. Knowing her she was over thinking that majorly. She walked over with him to the cafe looking place, letting him read the menu as he was the only one who could. Seeing him smile widely though gave her the answer she desperately wanted even before he spoke it. "It's my lucky day!" She smirked.

The Forge roof
Jay just rolled her eyes at the remarks she didn't consider herself a deep and philosophical thinker, rather more along the lines of she had her moments just like everybody else and this happened to be one of them. "I have my moments I guess, but I'm not anywhere close to actually knowing what I'm actually talking about when it comes to being deep." She shrugged, her eyes focused upwards and not at the present company. "Everyone had those moments you're right on that I've seen my brothers, and I can tell you with one hundred percent certainty that she takes after you in the deep thoughts department."

The City
"That it is." John agreed, pushing open the door and heading up to order. The cafe was a small place, tucked between two larger buildings, but it had a quirky sort of charvetr with the mix of wood and rugs all over the place. Ever since coming to Attil and being exposed to proper native speakers he'd somehow absorbed the speech pattern through osmosis and to the cashier (a born and bred Attilian) it sounded almost as if John had been speaking the language all his life. John bought himself more dark chocolate and some ice cream (mint chocolate chip) as it seemed appropriate in a sort of ironic way.

The forge roof

Fia listened to Jay just shrug off the comments like they were nothing but didn't say anything else on the matter. In fact she didn't really react at all to what she said, letting Cal do that instead. she just stared out and up instead enjoying the view and time of relaxation from all the heavy lifting and hard work she had done between Rinaa's shipment container and here at the forge.

the city

Kay walked in with him and up to the counter, noting how it looked. It reminded her of home in a bizarre way. It was the kind of place that did similar to her favourite book store/cafe in Seattle. A little independent one tucked away in one of the side streets she had previously briefly mentioned to John when they were talking about the side shops earlier. It was all set up in a manner that you could shop for books, but down in the back was a tiny cafe bar and chairs, along with nooks made to fit inside the shelving with blankets and cushions so the customers to curl up in and read with a hot drink on cold days. It was her favourite place to go to to get away from anything upsetting her.

The one place that Sam would always find her if no one knew where she had gone. She was also known to do her art work in that very nook at the back of the cafe on occasion. Snapping out of her memories, she noticed how fluidly John was speaking the native language of the place to order their stuff, and once again she found herself being impressed by him. "Get you being all 'speaking the lingo'" she quietly teased and joked.

The City
John couldn't compare this particular cafe to any hangouts he had in London as a kid. The main factor was simply a lack of money- money for the kids was next to non-existent in the Constantine household and in the Chandler one, most of the money went to absurdly high taxes. Hence why rooftops and fire escapes were their usual places to haunt. When Chas got that cinema job he'd sneak John in as the building was warm and free movies were always a good idea. And once Chas was tall enough to drive and get away with it, the cab became John's second home.

At Kay's remark he shrugged, having not noticed the difference himself until she pointed it out. "Guess it's true what they say about going to the actual place improves your language skills dramatically. Seems it also applies to off-world. Plus it's not a bad language actually, it's just a matter of accepting the runes and symbols as the alphabet." The runes and symbols had been no problem for John to learn as they didn't share the same shapes or characteristics as those of the other runic langauegs he knew. Though he could see similarities between really ancient Attili words and ancient Earth languages.

The city

Seeing the way he shrugged at her comment, showed her he didn't really take much notice of how much he had improved during the day, talking the language. She listened to his reply and nodded, guessing that for someone who wasn't used to runes being an alphabet like John was, it would be a lot tougher to get their head around. "Language is definitely a universal thing when it comes to learning it. No doubt." She agreed. She hadn't really taken much of an interest in learning any new languages, but she learned little tidbits here and there from passing students who studied in London but came from all over. Mostly the usual basic greeting's, goodbyes and other polite saying like 'excuse me'.

"Never really sat and properly learned a new language myself. I know the real basics in a few but that comes from overhearing foreign students pass me in corridors or on the quad." She remarked as they waited for their order. Though now she said what she did, she realised how ironic that was as she somehow seemed to know the ancient phoenix language in her sleep, and speak it fluently. "Well...until I seemed to spout that weird sentence last night" she chuckled.

The City
John had taken little interest in languages in school. As a result he had next to no knowledge of French (he slept through those classes). His German however was pretty decent. His interest lay in the obscure, the old and the dead languages- Latin, Ancient Greek, hieroglyphs, the carvings of Mayan temples- and the mystical languages of demons, fae, the werewolves various signalling howls, under common, Enochian (the language of the angels) and some other divine languages that could be used to smite beings off the face of the Earth. "I did, but not exactly in the conventional way through school. I slept through French in school, but somehow still managed to learn German."

He collected the orders and passed Kay's over. He only realised after he'd ordered that eating matching food was one of those really embarrassing cliché couple things. But too late now. "But when it came to useful work languages, I somehow found the motivation. I taught myself all the old, the divine and the downworld languages I thought would be useful, and Ell taught me Attili. Most of my languages are self taught, but I picked up some stuff from proper speakers along the way." He joined in with the chuckling on her last remark, she had a point.

the city

Kay was one of these women who if she heard the same phrase over and over enough times in passing, it'd stick in her mind and she'd know it without realising it. So learning the odd phrase wasn't really all that surprising to her. She had to smirk slightly at his first remark, as she was pretty sure she didn't know a single person who didn't sleep or ignore all the teachings of French class. "Never took interest in languages at school, bunked off every time" she replied, taking her milkshake, truly now seeing he ordered the matching food to her drink. It was cliché as hell, but she was still slightly amused.

She always admired people who self taught themselves anything. Whether it's languages, art, dance, life skills...anything. she nodded at what he said, as he too found what she said amusing. "Always admire people who self teach themselves anything." She commented, even though she knew she was one of those people as she self taught herself the little tidbits to get by and her secret little hobby of dance. She sipped the drink, feeling like it was the best thing since sliced bread. "Damn that's good" she remarked. "Yet the stupid thing is, always hated mint chocolate as a milkshake before being pregnant" she said, one side of her lips rising up slightly into a smirk but the above eyebrow also rising up, before a chuckle escaped her.

The City
John smirked at the bunking off comment, he would have done the same thing had it not been for the fact that the classrooms were warmer and less rainy than the outside world. A lot of teachers just gave up and let him sleep, considering how he'd often show up to school looking shattered, or bearing some kind injury. "It's pretty damn impressive alright, espescially when it goes right." His first magic had all been self taught as a way to show off to his mates and feel in control of something. Most of the mages he knew were a mix of instinctive knowledge, training from a more prifessional/advanced mage and a lot of trial and error.

John took up a scoop of the ice cream, pleasantly surprised to find that it tasted exactly like Erath ice cream. It seemed that aliens hadn't come up with a way to improve ice cream. At Kay's comment he too tiased an eyebrow, he'd pregnancy cravings often made no logical sense, but it was weird to see it in real life. "Weird, but these days pretty much everything is weird." He took another scoop of the ice cream enjoying the mix of mint and dark chocolate chip.

The city

Kay was one of those school students (before university) where she played the system so right that when she bunked off every language class, she made up for it by making sure she was in every other class and still managed to bullshit her way through the languages. Even if being in school meant kids found out about her out of school life and made her life hell for it. She was that typical American kid who would hide up on the roof out of sight to skip a class or two, then still be on time for the next one she felt like attending. She was pretty sure her teacher's knew what she was up to but was too afraid to call her out on it because of her hospital visits and believed mental state.

She had no idea what sort of kid John or anyone else in their group would have seen her as. She was aware though people have always seen her as the perfectly straight A student so it always surprised people to learn she had a real rebellious streak. When he said about everything in their lives being pretty weird at the moment, she nodded. "Very very true" she smiled, continuing to enjoy her drink, savouring it. "I guess compared to everything else, craving something I usually don't like and hating something I adore isn't all that weird in comparison" she remarked.

The City
John just didn't bother trying to conform with the school system, for him it was a way to get away from his father. It was different for Sheryl as according to John she got the brains out of the two of them. His sister was the hard worker, who put in far more hours than anybody else in her year and as a result got into university on an academic scholarship to study law. In some ways the two siblings were like chalk and cheese, but in other ways like their stubbornness and ability to argue for hours on end and nurse grudges for years, they were exactly the same.

He nodded at her remark, taking out another spoonful of ice cream. He'd ordered two scoops and this place did extremely generous portion sizes. And John wasn't complaining about that, it was both good value and good quality food. "And at least its actually food you're craving, not trying to eat soap or liquid nitrogen or blue leaved trees" John couldn't resist adding in his new favourite plant "or just anything in general that wasn't meant to be ingested or digested as a food source."

The city

Kay had to chuckle at his reply as he really did have a valid point. what with everything else that wasn't like a normal human pregnancy, she could have craved something totally not meant for consumption. She also noted him bringing up the blue tree. "That is a valid point. If I start craving anything of the sort please stop me" she said. She really didn't want to think about the idea of eating or drinking something she really shouldn't be. She kept sipping her milkshake which she could tell was easily made from the very ice cream that John was eating, just how a good milkshake in her eyes should be made.

"Because there is no way swapping coffee for say petrol or something utterly ridiculous" she laughed, enjoying life in this moment. Then her mind went back to the fact he ordered matching food to her drink, and she got a crazy idea of what if the bond was subliminally making him want the same thing as her or not. She mentally shook it from her mind and just enjoyed walking in the sun with him back to the forge.

The City, walking back
John nodded, considering how unlike a normal pregnancy this was, Kay craving some kind of abnormal non-food item wasn't beyond the realms of possibility and would no doubt lead to some awful side effects for both her and the unborn Fia. And that really wasn't something his brain could cope with right now, considering it was still struggling to cope with everything else going on. He'd just gotten better at pushing those thoughts aside so he could have a clear head and allow himself to eat properly. "I'll do that, who knows what kind of weird side effects drinking petrol would have." He paused, then smirked and continued with the example of consuming petrol.

"Petrol tastes absaloutly awful by the way and the taste really doesn't come out of your mouth for ages." Seeing the expression on Kay's face John rolled his eyes and gave the context to his earlier remark. "I learned fire eating at one point in me life. It's actually kinda fun and there's a buzz from knowing you aren't fire proof and that this could go hideously wrong. It's just an occupational hazard getting the petrol or kerosene or lighter fluid in your mouth. Though doing magical fire hands is far more fun, it looks insanely badass, plus can be modified to make fireballs."

The city, walk back

Hearing him agree to stopping her from consuming anything non food related actually out her mind at ease a bit. It wouldn't have shown on her face but inside her head she was stupidly relieved she'd had that promise from him. She nodded in agreement about the weird side effects, when she listened to him continue on, curious to what they were talking about could make him smirk. As he started, she did indeed rise an eyebrow at the remark, feeling like she should be surprised he would know what it tasted like, but somehow was.

It all clicked into place in her mind though when he said he learned fire eating, showing that 'ohhh now i get it' nod. She had to agree with him on his last part of his explanation. "I agree with you there. Also proves insanely useful when you're freezing cold on the streets, trying to get some rest in shitty London weather" she smirked. She had ignited her hands plenty of times to give herself just enough warmth so she wouldn't get hypothermia during the night when she couldn't find a building to hold up in. "Or trying to prove to some blonde in a trenchcoat you can look after yourself only to fail miserably and fall at his feet...so I've heard" she joked, reminiscing about their first meeting. Remembering how she put up a fight against the three demons, and thinking she didn't need his help but so obviously did.

The City, walking back
John couldn't even remember why he decided that learning fire eating was a good idea. All he knew was that the notion had gotten into his head and he'd found somebody willing to teach him the tricks of the trade. He did enjoy it, and along with the other sleight of hand tricks and card tracks that he knew (the fake magic stuff) he probably could have been a moderately successful stage performer. But that just wasn't really who he was and John lived for the danger and the darkness. But fire eating had been useful, it had taught him a lot including how to make a solid torch that wouldn't fall apart and how not to flinch when somebody held fire to his face. Pheonix fire was different, it could burn things that regular flame couldn't, which was why he had a healthy respect for it.

At the mention of their first meeting he had to smirk. He'd been in that alley tracking a bunch of demons that had advertised their presence in London by coming through a massive portal and slaughtering half the patrons in one of John's favourite bars. (John hadn't been there at the time, but as soon as he heard about it he was on the demons trail immediately)"When somebody tells you to run, you run, not just stay there, get stabbed, then pass out. Which results in said blonde having to explain yet another mess to his best mate, who happened to be in the area."

The city

She knew he'd take her little remark of their first meeting in the spirit it was meant, as now she looked back on it, she realised just what a rookie mistake she truly made that night. First being running into a dead end alley. Though she did have to correct him slightly, "pretty sure I wasn't stabbed that time, but slashed on my arm by said demon whilst trying to run away, which could only be in the direction of towards said blonde because I stupidly ran into a dead end" she smirked. "But hey! All turned out right in the end! I survived and you got a hot chick. Literally and figuratively speaking" she laughed, as she was one of those women who didn't consider herself unattractive but she wasn't one to usually big herself up either.

The walk back
John rolled his eyes at the correction,it had been a slash wound, and at first based off the amount of blood, they'd suspected it needed stitches, but once they had cleaned it up, it wasn't as bad as they had suspected. (It had been worse, but Kay's self-healing abilities had healed the wound slightly,as they were being hindered by the potent demon posion in the wound). They'd bandaged up the wound as best they could, and then on the drive back to John's, John had extracted the posion from the wound. Chas redid the bandaging at the apartment as the earlier rush job had been kinda shoddy. "Well either way there was demon poison involved and that meant the healing factor was busy with that."

"And if you'd known parkour then, you would've been able to get over the wall and into the next alleyway, which led out on the crowded main street where slipping away would've been a lot easier. Though it would've been funny if you'd run into Chas' cab anyway."
He smirked, knowing that Chas had been cruising that street, just waiting for John to emerge splattered in demon parts. At the next part John had to smirk and refrain from making some kind of sarcastic remark based on how he was bisexual and a male pheonix could have potentially been even more up his alley.

The walk back

Kay just smirked at him talking about the demon poison hindering things, and if she had known parkour back then it wouldn't have been an issue, granted he had a point there. "And we both know I'm clumsy enough to have ran straight into his cab and you both would have had an unconscious me either way" she added, taking the piss out of herself. If she was clumsy enough to have fallen off his couch whilst trapped in his blanket, then she definitely would have been clumsy enough to have gone smack into Chas' cab and knock herself out in the process.

She notice his smirk over the last part and knew he was bisexual. So there was the knowledge that she could have been a bloke and it still wouldn't have a problem. She didn't say anything though even if it was tempting to say something along the lines of 'and yes I know, if I was a bloke you'd probably prefer it'. Yet here she was, very much not male. She knew he wouldn't leave her in her heart so she never once felt on edge or worried about whatever their relationship was. "so if you think about it we both won out. I'm alive, you get a hot piece of ass....win win!" She laughed, it felt so weird to talk about herself in such a way as she never normally would but she was in a playful good mood and she was going to fully make the most of it.

The walk back
John shook his head at the mental image, knowing the Chas would have lost his shit if he hit somebody with his cab or somebody literally threw themselves in front of his cab. "Yeah, I can see that. But if it had happened, Chas would have been the smart one and made sure you got to hospital and probably footed the medical bill too. Then called me in a panic afterwards as he'd all but committed vehicular manslaughter. Though the universe would have found some excuse for me to get involved, it always does when something is fated to happen with me."

John just smirked at that. "You said it, not me." He shot back, before tossing the empty ice cream container into the nearest bin. It was another thing about this planet he like, compared to almost every other major city in he had visited this one actually had something approaching enough rubbish bins. "And now you're on an alien planet hundreds if thousnads of millions of miles away from Earth, so you can't claim I don't take you to interesting places."

The walk back

Kay could easily see that happen when it came to Chas. He was such a good soul and she knew if she had got knocked out that way, she would have felt bad for making Chas freak out so much, not to.mention paying for her medical bills. She really would then be trying to make it up to Chas so many times he'd probably have to call John to just get her away from him! "That I don't doubt!" She replied.

She laughed at him not taking credit for what she called herself before throwing the rubbish into the bin, whereas she was still savouring her milkshake. She was about half way down it, by this point. "You think it though! Can't deny that, the sex proves my point" she smirked, practically showing a sly wink in the process. As for the taking her to interesting places comment she had to give him props for that one. "I'll give you that one. I can't claim otherwise now" she chuckled. "Leaves some interesting stories to tell I guess!" She added.

The walk back
"Yep, he's just that kinda guy." Although the first question Chas had asked once they'd established that Kay wasn't going to die was why it was always John being dragged into somebody else's magical problems and why the universe couldn't just find another lackey to fix all the problems. John's response had been a groan and another slug of beer. (alcohol being one of the few things properly stocked up in the apartment. "You haven't seen him lose his shit yet and when the level head goes, he's like an utterly different person. Not even when he's smashed does he change so dramatically. He's one you want on your side and not against it."

John just shrugged and smirked enigmatically at Kay's comment on the two times they'd had sex with each other. He wasn't denying that it was, if he actually sat down and talked about it, the second and third vest shah's he'd had in his life. (the best being when he hooked up with the devil himself). As she continued with her spiel he wiggled his eyebrows in a way that was somehow utterly suggestive and utterly John. "Oh definitely, and there's more to come it seems, space wedding on another fucking planet- which actually sounds awesome, despite how Cliff keeps trying to down play it."

The walk back

Kay could only imagine just how bad and terrifying Chas could get if he got truly pissed off. In her eyes the one saying of 'its always the quiet ones' really was true for so many things. "I can imagine. I swear it's a thing for the rational quiet ones that if something truly pisses them off they are the most terrifying people going" she commented. She wouldn't even want to imagine how Chas would be if something really bad happened to Trish.

When he wriggled his eyebrows she actually laughed quite a bit at it. Somehow it always making her laugh in that completely different but endearing way. The kind of laugh that says so much about a person when they're truly happy, it just seemed to change her whole face in a positive way. "I agree, I can't wait to see her home planet, she may down play it but it sounds really beautiful. And who can say no to being near crystal clear waters? I know I can't" she commented back. "There's something about it that just feels so... Freeing" she said.

The walk back
John couldn't agree more, it was the quiet people who held the most secrets and when they'd flipped it was extraordinary. "It's practically in their DNA to have this incredibly nasty side that nobody in their right mind would chose to fuck with." John had seen Chas snap before and was always left with a new found respect for the man afterwards. He'd also been the cause of said snap had had the full rage of the cabbie directed at him on a few occasions, and experience which he'd be in no hurry to repeat.

"Same here, there's nothing quite like it. I can't put it into words, but it's more than freeing." For somebody who'd grown up practically in the middle of the city, John was a surprisingly good swimmer. He claimed he wouldn't win any awards for technique and style, but that wasn't exactly the truth. He had a style to him alright. " Apparently the waters also like paint stripper to dyed hair, something about the natural chemicals in the water I think." John's hair was naturally that particular shade of blond, even though it did look like it came out of a bottle. Elliott, Jay, Cliff and Rinaa all had dyed hair, he knew, and if remembered correctly Cliff was also a blonde underneath the practically trademark purple.

The walk back

Nodding, Kay agreed with what John said about not only the other side of really nice people, but also being by water of any kind. Although Kay had grown up in a city that was by a pier, the water's weren't exactly suitable for swimming in, so like most people in cities, she resorted to public swimming pools to learn how to swim. Which now she knows what she is she finds rather ironic that someone so heavily linked to the fire element, to love water so much seemed completely bizarre to her.

"I remember Cliff saying something about that. Luckily for me, this is actually natural, even if it seems completely and utterly unbelievable. As a kid it started off just plain red like the top half of my hair is now, but as I grew older the oranges and yellows started coming through. Was a nightmare trying to convince teachers at school I wasn't dying my hair" she told him. She actually got to the point where Sam bought her a wig to wear just to shut people up and help take some.of the criticism off of Kay. "I had to wear a wig in the end of a 'natural' hair colour just to shut people up." She added. Then she got curious, she hadn't ever check if any of her old files managed to get transferred over to her replacement phone, so she took a little look. Low and behold some of them did, and luckily for her, there was one photo of her at her lockers in the black wig. She handed him the phone to see what she looked like with black hair. "Taken at the lockers between classes" she explained

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191203_203226.jpg
    Screenshot_20191203_203226.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 2
The walk back
John listened as Kay told the story about her hair, he knew it was natural as she'd mentioned that Fia wouldn't let her dye her hair back when Elliott was contemplating what was to be his next dye colour. "Yeah, I remember you saying yer other half won't let you dye yer hair before. I'm gonna guess like everything else it's probably just some part of the pheonix affiliation with those kind of fiery colours." He was half certain he'd read something to that effect in some tome a long time ago when pheonixes were the furthest thing from his mind.

At the next part of the story he raised an eyebrow in confusion while looking at the photo. He could see it was Kay by the face structure and eyes, but the hair was dramatically different, both in a good and a bad way. The black gave her more of an edge, but the red was distinctive and distinctive was basically John's middle name. "It's different, but why black? Surely the school systems would have older student record photos clearly showing you were a red head and black hair would just further emphasise that you were dying it."He remarked, thinking aloud.

The walk back

Kay nodded, "mm, its a phoenix thing. My birth mother had very similar hair to Fia actually. This insanely bright orange to blonde hair with the most piercing turquoise eyes. The type that looked like contacts and I could have sworn it was like the colour was always changing and flowing, like a dancing flame" She described, still being able to remember exactly what her mother looked like.

Seeing him react to the photo the way he did, she lightly smirked. It was a reaction she was half expecting as he wouldn't have seen her with any other hair colour or style before. To the question of why black she shrugged. "Sam's idea. No idea why she chose black. In the end I ended up bullshitting my way round it by saying because of the treatment and discrimination against me for my hair colour, I've had no choice but let my adoptive mother cut and dye my hair black just to appease them. It worked for the most part, at least, enough to get them off my back. My guess is because Sam is naturally a really dark brunette, and we were always together, it just kinda of worked" she explained.

"I never really felt like me though. Sure it was fun for a while to see what I'd look like with normal hair, but it stripped me of who I am ya know?" She added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back