• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

the forge

Fia listened to Jay's question about price, something that hadn't even gone through her mind, but then she wasn't someone who wore armour or probably ever would. So it wasn't surprising that she wouldn't have thought of it, whereas Jay was much more the type to think of that sort of thing. She did find it interesting though at the mention of a rough starting price for something so customised to the wearer. She couldn't have said it was a good deal or not however. But the work was highly impressive and seemed worth every penny.

the city

Kay took in how the footfall had picked up but it didn't bother her like it would have done not that long ago. It seemed to her she was getting better about strangers being around her, and it did help having John close to her. "Sounds good enough to me" she replied, looping her free hand through his elbow as they walked together, bags in hands. She glanced at his watch when he looked at it to check the time and noted how they had a bit of time still, despite knowing it'll be a bit of a walk back. The day had definitely made her feel better, having been out in the fresh air and walking instead of staying cooped up indoors all the time. "Wonder how the clean up at the forge is going" she thought out loud.

The Forge
Jay nodded at Cal's comment, she didn't know the conversation rate for Attili money to pounds, but the price was fair, given all the effort they went into it's creation. A good set of armour was more than just protection, it was a second skin and had to give the wearer enough manoeuvrability in order to be able fight and move, yet had to be comfortable enough to remain in for long periods of time. Cliff went outside to get a signal and check if anybody had been trying to reach her urgently in the time they spent in the forge. She came back in with a smile and turned to Jay. "Some news for you, I got a friend to dig through the old application records for the university and Royal guards." "And?" "You passed with flying colours on both." Jay's eyes widened in undisguised shock as she attempted to grasp how differently her life could have gone. She ran a hand through her hair. "Wow, that's..... I have no words for that."

The City

"I'd say they are absaloutely covered in ash and crud by now." John couldn't keep the relived smirk out of his tone, he'd have pulled his weight if asked, having no problem with physical labour, but being out in the fresh air and shopping was, in his opinion, a more preferable option. "Cal said the other day that they do this extensive clear out every two years or so and they try and rid the place of much ash, soot and dirt as possible. She's a solid one that, you can't tell based on the testimony of a kid alone, but so far everything she's done has just proved that Elliott was right about her." Cal was something else, John could respect her, which was pretty rare when it came to people of Earth, let alone aliens.

the forge

Fia may not have ever had a need for armour, but that wasn't to say she didn't know the better the fit the better the armour for someone. Even if it a lot of it was based in books of fiction and phoenix history. She barely noticed Cliff step outside to check her phone, one of those moments where she could see Cliff move but didn't pay too much attention to it. It was only when Cliff came back in and told Jay the news of what would have been, she did pay full attention. The surprise on Jay's face was clear as day to her, and she had to smile. It was amazing how different a lifestyle Jay could have had.

the city

Kay noted the relieved smirk in his tone, seeing how he was clearly thinking they had the better day today out of their group. "Wouldn't surprise me at all" she replied. She listened to what Cal told him the other day and was surprised it only went through a deep clean every two years. She could only imagine the level of ash and soot that needed clearing out. She remembered seeing a bit when she was at the forge with Cal briefly, but didn't pay too much attention to anywhere else in there. "That's crazy, but as for Cal? I agree. She's a good soul that's for sure" she said back. She could also tell that John respected her, and if he could respect someone then they were clearly a good person in her eyes as she knew it took a lot to gain John's trust and respect.

The Forge
"It gets better, or crazier depending on your opinion."
Cliff passed the phone over to Jay. On the screen was a scanned copy of all the physical files related to Jay's application for the University and for the Royal Guards. "It's on the final page of the academic assessment and recommendations." Jay scrolled down, then began reading, the silver eye flicking back and forth. "Bloody hell!" "Indeed, seems they decided that not only were you good enough for the first stage of gaurd trials, but that also an academic scholarship was in order." "Well I just lost fifty now." Jay smirked and smiled at the same time, momentarily setting aside the fact that the person she made the bet with was dead.

The City
Minor clear-outs were done every few months, but an extensive clean took up the majority of a full working day and weren't done as regularly as they required everybody to pitch in. "That she is, and Cliff too, we owe both of them a helluva lot already." John wasn't very comfortable with the idea of him owing people, he preferred it to be the other way around so he could call in favours as needed. But seeing the level of security they faced to get Elliott out, their original plan would more than likely have resulted in them getting locked up too. As they talked they meandered their way down the street, John keeping an eye out for anywhere of interest.

the forge

Fia by this point only half listened to the conversation. She was aware of what being said though, feeling happy for Jay, but it all felt a bit pointless by this point as it was so long ago. Not to mention situations like this she couldn't relate to in any manner, so she just mentally distanced herself from it. She wasn't sure if she should say congratulations or what either.

the city

Kay found herself agreeing with John once again. The two girls were both incredibly good to them. "I agree, the both of them are amazing people. I'm not sure we could ever fully pay them back or feel we would have in comparison" she replied. She knew from tidbits that Chas had told her over the months she had been in their lives and from the general body language of John on certain subjects, that he didn't like being on the other end of owing someone a debt. Even if she hadn't been told, she would have figured that out for herself that he was that type to rather be owed than owe someone. It was just in his general personality to her. Kay also kept an eye out for anything of interest as they walked and talked.

The Forge
All this was history for Jay, but it opened up a line of thought into what could have been. It was looking increasingly likely that she would have know Cal and Cliff if she had attended the university and flight school. It gave a sense of closure to the situation as well, finally having an answer to the question. She passed the phone back. "Looks like I was meant to be here on this planet in some capacity or another." The other two nodded, Cal pausing to wipe the sweat from her brow. It was from exertion rather than the heat of the forge. She turned to Fia with a curious expression. "I don't suppose you've ever seen how you can use pyrokinesis to make jewellery from valuable metals?"

The City
John nodded, feeling that there really wasn't much more that could be said on the matter. They knew that a good chunk of this plan had been pre-empted once Cal realised that her brother was being brought back to Attil. But with John and the other arriving they had little warning to do anything proper, but what they had done was more than enough. They made their way into various other side streets and back onto other main streets. Just like in any major city you could find anything, you just had to know where. John saw places that were only pretending to be boarded up, but were more than likely locations for secret bars or clubs. There was various street graffiti too, some commissioned murals, others done by an unknown artist in the middle of the night.

The forge

If knew just how much closure this brought Jay, she would have been happy for her, but naturally she had no idea just how important knowing the information was to her. She also has no inclination to know. Her attention turned to Cal when she was spoken to, shaking her head. "No I haven't." She said, walking over to her. "Not really used my pyrokensis for anything than training to fight and to control it. Phoenix flame can be veeeery temperamental if not controlled" she added, suddenly remembering about what the other Jay told her about her other self's or Kay's abuse of the power. "I'd like to know though" she told Cal.

the city

Kay took in the sights just like she would back on Earth. Every now and then if she came across a piece of street art she liked, she took a photo on her phone as she always appreciated someone else's art style. She did the same in London and she even remembered one day she went on a Banksy art hunt just for the sheer hell of it to try and find as many pieces of his art as she possibly could. She did similar back in Seattle even before she studied in London which which was also the day her and Sam vowed to each other to get into the same art school in London.

The Forge
"Remind me some day to find out exactly what makes pyrokinetic flame and pheonix flame different." Cal mused aloud. "Control is the first step with any ability, and on most planets control training begins as soon as said ability manifests itself. Each ability is different and different methods for different people. So how I control and manipulate my particular abilities, night not be possible for another person with similar abilities. Like how Cliff can use her abilities to fly and I can't. Yet." She cast a look over at Cliff, who smiled. "Once you've got control you can manipulate it to do pretty much anything. Most find a use related to their job or hobbies, so for me that meant finding out that light metalworking and jewellery making can be done by hand with only pyrokinesis." She explained, some of the stuff she had no doubt was known to Fia, but the context just helped Cal to explain. Cal picked up a metallic ingot about the size of a finger and passed it over to Fia. "Have a feel of that, it's a silver and gold alloy made specifically for jewellery."

The City
John let Kay take the photos of the street art, having a sort of feeling as to why she was doing it. He wondered if Elliott would have made such art himself had he stayed on Attil. It certainly wasn't beyond him to learn how to spray paint and he'd have the necessary skills to get away. (Elliott had arrived on Earth with some basic parkour and fighting skills courtesy of Cal). One particular piece caught his attention, not because it was large or made to stand out, but because it was the exact opposite. It was a extremely minimal sketch of a face with shoulder length hair done in black paint. One side of the face was covered with a single character in red paint- the Attili symbol for justice.

the forge

As Cal predicted, Fia did know the basics of learning to control. As she told John, her ability first manifested when she had a nightmare and it triggered her phoenix side, igniting her bed. Both parents came rushing in, with Kay extinguishing it all before the long story and explanation of what was happening was told to her. It was the day after that training to control started, even if she spent a long time rebelling against it because she grew a grudge against Kay for keeping it from her. When she was passed the ingot, she took and held it, feeling it's weight. She took in the colour as well of the metal. "it's light" she commented.

the city

Spray painting was her weakest art ability compared to many others. She saw the beauty in it when done well, but for her if she was to use she preferred the canvas or paper and brush technique. She just found she could personally get more soul into the piece. She noticed John get interested in a particular piece and she has to look at what he was looking at. "Minimal but eye catching" she remarked.

The Forge
Cal nodded "that it is. As I said, it's for jewellery and certain decorative pieces specifically. Now this on the other hand is a blade starter, you get them in various sizes, metals and weights, this is one for a dagger." She passed over a considerably heavier lump of metal, which was long, flat and tapered slightly at one end and at the same time took back the jewellery ingot. "This ingot had a relatively low melting point for a metal which makes it much easier to work with." She held took the ingot and laid it on the flat of one palm. She then lit the hand alight with flame, but only on the outside, before curling her fingers around the ingot. "The basic principle is that the heat radiates through my hand, heating and softening the metal. You can't directly heat this metal with fire,it won't work that way."

The City
John nodded, it had caught his attention, but he wasn't sure why. It was so minimalist and so unassuming compared to everything else around it. But he knew there was some deeper meaning to it that he wasn't understanding. "Indeed, but I'm not sure why it's eye catching and that's annoying in a way. The symbol on the side of the face, its the Attili symbol for justice. Its not an alphabet character, they have an actual runic symbol for certain words with extremely ancient roots. And that one means justice." He took a photo of that particular piece in case it could be useful in some way or another later on.

The Forge

Fia took the heavier metal checking it out and noticing the weight difference instantly, but not put off by it. She did prefer to work with blades, so it wasn't daunting to her. She continued to watch and listen to Cal, actually enjoying the mini lesson right now and finding it helping her to feel a bit more included. She watched as Cal curled her fingers round the ingot metal with her pyrokensis flame, taking win everything she was being shown and taught. "Right..got it" she replied, showing she was listening and taking it all in gladly.

the city

Kay would be lying if she tried to say she wasn't enjoying seeing John take in the art. It was such a passion for her that to see John take notice of a piece did make her happy. "It doesn't matter if it's unassuming or minimalist. That's the amazing thing about art. What captivates one won't captivate another, it's all about interpretation and what you the viewer get out of it. The fact you say that rune symbol says justice is probably why it's drawn your attention. Now I know that what I get from it is this- that justice can come if one person dares to see the justice and aim for it. Or it could be interpreted as one will stand for justice because it's right, even if they consider themselves a small I significant voice, that one voice can make the difference. It's about belief in justice" she explained. She could of course be barking way up the wrong tree, but that is what it said to her. "The fact we're in a round about way seeking justice for Elliott as well, it's why it probably stood out to you" she theorised.

The Forge
"It takes practice, but I can regulate the temperature of the flame, I have no idea how exactly that works, I just know I can do it." Cal explained as the flame became white and hotter, a brilliant blaze of light surrounding her hand. "This alloy melts at around a thousand degrees Celsius, but I don't want it fully melted, I want it malleable, so this flame is considerably lower than that temperature." Inside her hand the metal was becoming more malleable as it liquified. Opening her hand again, Cal revealed that the metal was almost completly liquified. "For forming there's two options, you can use a physical former or you can do it freehand, it depends on what you are doing at who it's for. If I was making a ring for myself, I could just slap the metal on my own skin without permanent burns, but for others, well it would be permanent and probably fuse to their skin."

The City
John listened as Kay explained her interpretation of the piece of artwork he was staring at. It was obvious she had formally studied the subject and knew what she was talking about. John knew that the whole point of art was that it was interpretive and that every eye saw their own beauty and their own meaning and reasons. Kay's suggested sounded plausible as explanations for the piece and may have sat right with others, but they didn't sit quite right for him. The last part sounded more likely a suspect for the reason, John wasn't as much of a deep thinker when it came to art in general. "The last one sounds the most likely to be honest, my interpretive skills are better suited for old manuscripts an texts rather than art. Interpreting art is not me strong point. And the symbol is on the same side of the face as Elliott's scar, and crosses right over the eye like his does."

The Forge

Fia kept watching and listening and smirked when Cal said she didn't understand how it works just that she could do it. Like Kay, the whole way a flame moved and changed colour to temperature did fascinate Fia, even if she did try to tell future Kay differently on numerous occasions. As Cal opened her hand, Fia looked at the metal at the almost liquidified state, seeing what she was meaning moments ago. Hearing the last bit made utter sense to Fia as she had been told about her own phoenix fire and the consequences of it. How it wouldn't hurt her, not would normal flames, but she had to remember the element does in fact serious hurt anyone else. That is, until she learned to control the fire enough to not let it hurt others. In her time, she had seen Kay control her own fire enough that if something happened to her, John could touch her without being hurt. It happened once, and it blew her mind that it was even possible. "That's one thing we got common, burning hot stuff doesn't hurt me either, only iron does" she said in reply, unconsciously touching the part of her neck other Jay put the blade to.

the city

Kay realised after she spoke just how obvious it was she studied art and had to observe so much different styles, it became an old habit to look at a piece and think deep about it. She nodded at his reply about it being in the same place as Elliott's scar and she did wonder if that's a massive coincidence, something she knew John didn't believe in, or if it was a deliberate subtle piece made with Elliott in mind. "Seems to be a bit too much of a coincidence to be one don't it?" She replied.

The Forge
"It's not complete immunity for me, there are limits, but they are far beyond that of a regular being." To demonstrate the fact, she took the molten metal and bent it around her finger, with no smell of burning flesh or any sign of blistering. "I would demonstrate on a non immune, but the pain would be immense and it would more than likely scar. So I'll do the next best thing." Cal pulled out some scrap leather from a pocket and put it up against the heated metal. It instantly began to smoulder and warp. She dropped the piece to the ground and stamped out the flames, before taking the molten metal in both hands. "Now watch and learn." Cal grinned, taking the metal and using her hands to pull it into three long strands. As the metal cooled, she nimbly wove them together, forming a braided bracelet that reminded Jay of the old Celtic torcs. Her skill with the medium was evident as her fingers deftly manipulated the metal into shape and creating loops at the end to allow it to be fastened.

The City
John had been impressed with Kay's vast knowledge of art styles and interpretations, but couldn't bring himself to verbalise such thoughts. It just wasn't in him. "You're right, I don't believe in coincidences whatsoever. There's always something more at play." He sighed, not sure if he wanted it to be related to Elliott or not. If it was, then that meant there was something else going on, something bigger at play. "Though I can't help but wonder if it's just a side effect of stress or an over reaction and not some kind of secret message rallying war cry thing." He explained, running a hand through his hair.

Last edited:
The forge

Fia nodded in acknowledgement of what Cal said about how it was for her. She watched as Cal did her demonstration on her and on the leather scrap, seeing the visible difference. She noted how it was just as her parents told her it would be, or how she saw demons get effected by her fire. She watched intently as Cal started bending and braiding the metal into a bracelet with her hands perfectly. She felt there was no need to even say anything, she just wanted to keep watching as Cal reaches each end and made loops. "That's amazing Cal" she said smiling.

the city

"Exactly..think that's one of the first ever things I learned about you" she smirked but she was being serious. She hoped it wasn't something bigger at play, but she did keep remembering all the little times when Rinaa would say about shit hitting the fan soon enough. Before she just thought it was to do with Elliott's dad and Elliott, but now she's wondering if it was something a lot bigger than all of that. "I hope it is just that John, I really do." She replied to his next comment, though something told her it wasn't going to be just that of a worrying father.

The Forge
Jay watched, enthralled by the whole process, while Cliff just chuckled in amusement ast their wide eyed shock and interest. "That..... is something else entirely...... Wow, just wow." Jay commented, examining the bracelet as soon as Cal indicated that it was safe to touch. For something that had been made so quickly, it had such a professional beauty to it. Jay then passed the bracelet back to Cal who handed it over to Fia. "You wouldn't know, but that's how this one proposed." Cliff told them, gesturing at the matching engagement rings they wore. Cliff's had the fire pattern, while Cal's had the ice theme.

The City
"So do I, the last thing we need is some kind of other forces at play with their own agendas. We know the stance of Cal and her friends, and that the high ups are split in their thoughts. Some are die-hard believers, others are open and some are forced to express one view or another, normal politicians basically." John scoffed, he had a very low opinion on politicians, they were all equally as bad as each other, all making promises and not delivering on them. He turned away from the mural and continued in the direction they'd been walking beforehand. "It's just Overthinking I'd say, being primed to look for some kind of conspiracy where there is none."

The forge

Fia was completely mesmerized by Cal's work. She let Jay look at the braclet first, and when Cal handed it to her, Fia looked at it closely and in depth. It was truly beautiful for something done so quickly. There was no doubt Cal had unbelievable talent. She looked at Cliff when she spoke up and glanced at the rings on both Cliff and Cal's ring fingers."that's actually really romantic" Fia smiled. She then handed the bracelet back to Cal, realising she still was holding it.

the city

Listening to what John said, Kay nodded. She knew getting Elliott off Attil wouldn't be easy, but she did hope there wouldn't be even more complications that there may possibly be already. The easier things could be for them the better. Turning away from the mural, she wakes with him, but did take one last glance at it behind her before looking back forward again. "Yeah..old habits die hard I guess. right?" She replied giving a small reply.

The Forge
Cal shrugged reddening slightly, it had taken her a very long time to figure how, when and where to propose and she had sworn Dan to secrecy on the plans and made sure he wasn't in the forge at the time because that would have been downright awkward and embrassing if he walked in halfway through. (He'd walked in on the two furiously kissing before, but that was different). "My brain was too stupid to come up with anything else, plus I only realised afterwards how appropriate it was considered how much time this one spent here watching and chatting." "I basically became a fixture here." Cliff smirked. "And you aren't giving yourself enough credit, it was very romantic."

The City

"Thats if they die at all, some habits are immortal, or at least they seen that way." John smiled, unintentionally lightening the mood with such a typical John remark. They made their way along the streets, luckily not seeing any other copies of the art that had put them so on edge. They'd been walking for a good while when John realised he was starving. He knew that one of the things worth trying on Attil was the street food, espescially the chips. "What do you say to having food now? Ell's been recommending the street food for if we ever went out."

The forge

Fia smiled and chuckled at Cal blushing from the comment she made. For her, seeing Cal blush was an incredibly rare thing and there was something endearing about seeing her be like that. She listened to what the two of them said, smiling, chuckling and nodding at the words. "Was about to say, very appropriate for the two of you" she replied. "You're both really lucky to have each other" she added.

the city

When John replied with his typical humour, she had to chuckle and nodded in agreement. Walking through the streets she was glad that their moods were lightened after the nervous feeling the mural gave them. "Having food works. I could do with something to eat" she agreed, continuing the walk, and seeing the street food vendors all around. "Could go for a drink too before we head back or I'll drier than a haystack in summer by the time we get back to Cal's apartment" she added.

The Forge
"Yeah, I know, she's amazing." "Thanks, we weren't exactly sure how this would go considering Qui had no idea about any of this." Like with Elliott, blushing started at Cal's ears and they got gradually redder and redder if the embrassment continued. When the embrassment became too much their cheeks would quite literally flame up highlighting their cheekbones and facial structure. Neither blushed easily, but certain people (Cliff and Dan for Cal and Jay, John and occasionally Chas/Trish for Elliott) knew exactly how to get them to do it. "Would it be totally wierd if I said that you blush in exactly the same way your brother does?" Jay remarked, with a hesitant half smirk. "Yes and no. No because I knew it from childhood and yes, because I immediately want to know how you found that out and if you can make him do it on command." "That's story for another time I think. But I have a theory." Jay replied. She hadn't had a chance to test it yet, but no doubt the opportunity would arise at some point.

The City
"I'll join you on that drink, its shaping up as a really nice day." It was approaching the summer season on Attil, which was a pleasant change from the current season of 'undescribed grottiness' that was currently happening in London. The storm they'd been witness to a few days earlier was a sort of summer storm marking the end of the rainier season. John led the way back to one of the streets they'd been on earlier which had, in his opinion, the largest variety of street foods and drinks available. "And ideas what you want and from where?" He asked, his mind pretty much made up already.

The forge

Fia just smiled at their replies. Even though she wasn't here when the news broke out to Elliott about Cal and Cliff, the Elliott she grew up with was so open minded about things that she didn't have a doubt in her mind that he would just accept them for who they were, especially as he was bisexual himself. "I can only go by the Ell I grew up with? But I know he would have embraced you both with open arms so to speak" she told them. She wasn't even going to go into the whole times he's asked her if she's ever going to get out and find someone herself in her time. Which always made her shrug him off. When Jay mentioned about the blushing being the same as Elliott's, she realised that Jay was entirely right. "You're right, never twigged until you said it. I've only witnessed him blush to the extreme but never managed it myself" she added.

the city

"It really is" Kay agreed. The sun felt so warm and nice on her arms that weren't covered by the shirt and on her back. It's was so soothing on her skin in a strange way. She walked beside him to see what there was and she found it was really tough to decide. "Not entirely sure, there's such a choice to make." She said truthfully. "I'd be happy with anything I think, I'm really not fussy" she added.

The Forge
Cal nodded at Fia's words, they meant a lot to her. It had been one of things she worried about the most, having to explain that she had a whole new life now on Attil and wouldn't be leaving it any time soon. "He never knew that I was into girls, I was figuring that out around the time he was exiled, but hadn't told anyone. And I had no way of knowing what way he swung, so that was one of the more nerve wracking bits of the whole reunion. Never mind the fact that he's been gone for twelve years and was now a full grown adult. Of course with hindsight it seems like we were worrying about nothing. The reaction was pretty much 'Okay cool' then we moved on to a different topic.

Jay nodded, she had spent quite a while scrutinising Elliott's facial expressions and quirks. It originally started when she was the suspicious prisoner of A.J's crew, but when they cooled down and began to realise that they had more in common than they thought the scrutinising still continued. "He's good at hiding it, and with the hair covering his ears most of the time it's hard to see the colour change. Plus up until now, there's never been a biological family member for me to compare it to."

The City

John wasn't the biggest fan if choosing for somebody else, he usually just got two things he wanted to try and if the other person liked them that was an added bonus. Mentally he ran through the list of recommendations he'd heard from Elliott over the years. There was some foods on Attil that just didn't have any Earth counterparts and vice versa (with the deep fried Mars Bar being a prime example of food that only existed on Earth). "Well then, I'll just get two things I remember Ell talking about from his childhood." He told Kay, before finding the appropriate stalls to but from. The first thing he aquired was the street chips which were a 'must eat' food on Attil and the staple of broke kids and teenagers he explained to Kay. The other was some kind of meat parcel balls with cuts taken from animals that simply didn't exist on Earth and flavoured with various spices.

The forge

Fia could tell how much her words meant to Cal. She listened to Cal's explanation about Elliott never knowing she was into girls before he was exiled. She smiled at the end of the story, just easily imagining that's how it happened easily. It was just a typical Elliott way of reacting to such news. When it came to Jay's explanation of how she started noticing Elliott's blushing, she just nodded. "Makes sense. He does tend to get and hide it a lot in my time too. Though I've seen dad make him full blown turn tomato red which never ever gets old" she smirked.

the city

Kay didn't imply to have something chosen for her, she would have just picked whatever she fancied from the same place he did but as it turned out he remembered what was recommended by Elliott once and decided to try that. "Sure thing" she replied, letting him get the chips and the meat parcel balls. She had to admit the food did look incredible, and was impressed so far she wasn't finding too much that was being rejected by her body. So that was a massive plus in her mind. The chips to her particularly were smelling great, a simple food but always went down well with her, and now she was pregnant they were coming across as the best food ever to exist.

The Forge
Jay could picture Elliott going tomato red, yet at the same time she couldn't, never having been witness to that in all the time she'd known him. "I can only imagine." Jay replied, scratching at the back of her neck where a particularly large lump of soot was solidifying. "I'll have to keep a lookout for that." Cliff mused. "It's not that I don't believe you, you all most definitely know more on this subject then I do." "Well you have the upper hand when it comes to observing people in general, so I expect a list of at least twenty traits me and Qui have in common." Cal smirked, leaning against the anvil. "Challenge accepted."

The City

For John the food lived up to the hype from Elliott. It had been the chips that had drawn him in, having spent many an evening eating what the local chippy had to offer. These were different, made from a different type of potato, but none the less they retained the classic addictive quality that take away chips always seemed to have. The meat parcel balls consisted of various meats, each seasoned with different spices, then wrapped together around one another and cooked. There was some kind of game meat in there, as well as a duck-like meat, another bird, some kind of beef and on certain ones bacon. "Well whatd'ya know, Ell knows what he's talking about when it comes to food here." John smirked, the enjoyment of the food written all over his face.

The forge

Fia just gave a little nod before smirking when Cliff said about looking out for that before Cal joined in. She could never remember what John ever said to him to make Elliott blush so much, but she'd always remember the bright red and pink hue of his face from said comment. Though she did know Elliott gave as good as he got, getting payback plenty of times with John. She was pretty sure that's why he agreed to help her make sure her prank was successful most times. Even if they were old school ones. "Ell gives as good as he gets though, if he gets embarrassed you can guarantee he'll get his own back and you won't be safe for a while until he embarrasses you back" she smirked. She knew it was okay to mention because she had heard many stories of before she was even born on him doing that sort of thing, namely when he said something in Attili to John about him and Kay on the couch.

The city

There was no doubt about the foods quality. If really was as good as they hoped and Elliott raved about. Not that she had ever heard him talk about it mind. "Didn't have any doubts about that. He really knows his food in general" she replied, eating some of the chips gladly. she had a feeling all her food cravings could end up being junk food which would get her a lecture for not eating healthily from Cliff or anyone else who felt compelled to say something, even if it was in a tongue in cheek manner. Yet in this moment she didn't care. "If it wasn't so bad for me to do and it wouldn't get lectures thrown my way, I'd live for the next 6 months on chips and Ell's pancakes." She chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back