• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

The Forge
Jay nodded. "That he does, I've been on the receiving end many times, though at the time I was trying to push as many buttons as possible and make him lose control." She glanced at Cal, who was frowning slightly in dissaproval, having not heard any if this before. "It's a long story set back in my prisoner and then my freelancer/solo vigilante days on Earth. But that's besides the point." She made a dismissive gesture on that story, indicating that it was for another time. "Every once in a while he'll come up with some remark that's so smart-arsed and funny, yet alarmingly close to the truth that nobody can ever come up with a comeback."

The City

John nodded in agreement, Elliott definitely knew his food, be it Earth food or off world food. He rarely failed with a food recommendation and John knew that he was in safe hands if he ever let Elliott order for him. "Considering that what I basically live on sometimes, it sounds like an excellent plan." John smirked, Jay had seen that his apartment never seemed to have enough food in it when Elliott was around, and the first thing Elliott did when he came back to London was buy groceries and bring them back to the flat before passing out and sleeping for a couple of hours. "But I'm not exactly known for smart health related decisions, plus the chippy down the road from the apartment is really good."

The forge

Fia listened to Jay agree with her whilst adding her own little half story without going into details. It screamed 'a story for another time' without her even needing to say it. "Agreed, I remember mum telling me about a time Elliott said something to dad about the two of them in Attili then ran off all smug in this time, neither myself or mum still know what it was. So I definitely about the whole he'll say something witty and close to the truth as I'm guessing it was, because it happened the night after they got together kinda thing in The House" she explained. "Mum and dad have told me many stories of this timeline's antics" she smiled.

the city

Hearing John say it sounded like an excellent idea she couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Of course you would think that" she teased. "i swear if it wasn't for Ell and myself you'd never eat correctly" she chuckled, showing she did mean lovingly. "Well maybe when we get back you should get me some to show me how good they were" she smirked. She really did have a cheeky streak sometimes, and it seemed lately John brought it out of her more and more.

The Forge
Nobody in the room had the foggiest what it could have been that Elliott said. Cal and Cliff hadn't even know of the event until right that second, and the day that happened was the same day Elliott had been on the receiving end of a Jay's particularly nasty hook. "None of us have the foggiest what it was he could have said." Cliff remarked, picking up on the fact that Jay didn't know either, along with the way Jay began running her fingers over her knuckles which were scarred from years of being split open in bare fisted fights. "And some of us remember that day for different reasons."

The City

John just rolled his eyes and took another handful of chips as if to demonstrate the point further. It had been Chas' job for most of their lives as healthy food wasn't exactly readily available in the Constantine household (or food in general really). "It's basically guaranteed that when we do get back nobody will actually have any motivation to properly cook and it will result in flipping a coin to see who goes to the chippy." A coin toss probably wasn't the fairest method out there, but with everybody scrutinising the coin before the toss and during, there was no way for magical cheating to take place. "So you have that to look forwards to."

The forge

Fia didn't think for a moment that any of them would actually know what was said by Elliott. She was just using it as an example of how Elliott could get his own back very easily. "Didn't think so, just using as an example. Many examples I can't use coz of the whole timeline stuff. And I was also told about that" Fia explained, aiming the last part toward Jay. "I'm just gonna continue to guess it was something perverse, which is kinda standard in the Constantine household" she chuckled.

the city

Kay just sniggered at him taking a handful of chips in retort to her comment. Deciding who goes to grab the food via a coin toss wasn't at all a shock. "So it seems! I'll enjoy watching that one, house arrest excludes me from getting the food, and yes that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it" she smirked cheekily, kissing his cheek then eating more food. She fully planned on using the house arrest situation to her full advantage, knowing she'd possibly be pretty far along by the time they get home.

The Forge
It didn't surprise Jay that Fia would know what happened. Elliott still had the remains of a black eye on his face and it was quite a vital part of explaining the story of how they all ended up on Attil in the first place. "That's standard in basically any household I think and, once you get beyond a certain age, it's a guarantee. You should see my family. With five kids there wasn't the slightest chance we wouldn't end up incredibly dirty minded and with a far larger profanity vocabulary than anybody else and extremely competitive. When you have four siblings, you quickly learn what your strengths and weaknesses are. And our favourite hobby is pushing each others buttons and making my parents regret ever having us." Cliff related this all with a fond annoyance, while Cal nodded her confirmation. She'd seen that family in action.

The City
"Work with what you got eh? Might as well make the most of being able to abuse that excuse." John replied with a smirk. He didn't see that particular example as an abuse, going outside on Earth had been thrown off the list for the foreseeable future, the stakes were too high, even if the chips were amazing. It didn't take John long to work his way through what they bought. The chips came with a side of spice mix and upon tasting it John immediately began to question how the British (who were stereotyped as loving nothing more than fish and chips from a chippy) hadn't not thought up of this innovation themselves. He'd aquired a selection of the meat parcels and found himself pleasnetly supriside by the variety of meat on offer.

The forge

Hearing what Cliff said, Fia smirked and chuckled. She could only imagine how bad it could get with more than one sibling. Even though technically if she really thought about, Cal would be sort of a sibling to her if Elliott was her half brother, which would then make Cliff an in law sibling, but she still grew up seeing Elliott more of a sibling than the others. Not because there was animosity, but because for obvious reasons, she didn't grow up living with them so it was difficult sometimes to see them as anything other than extended family, rather than direct family. "I can imagine, one sibling is bad enough, let alone four" she laughed.

the city

"Precisely! Especially when I got a strapping bloke to do it!" She laughed. She ate all she wanted, and what very little she had left, she let John devour. There was no chips left however because the spice mix went down very well with Kay. Mostly due to the fact that Phoenix's and spices were very heavily tied together. She still didn't fully understand why that was, and she found it hard to believe at first but then she realised it made sense for her obsession with spices- particularly cinnamon. "Chips and spices is something we're remembering to make at home." She stated. "Infact I'll take spices on pretty much anything." She added which made her then think about french toast with sugar and cinnamon.

The Forge
Cliff just shook her head and laughed. "No offense, but you have no idea how much worse it gets when more siblings are added, it's just not comprehend able like how I couldn't imagine being an only child, and Jay couldn't imagine what it was like not to have a twin." Jay nodded her confirmation to that. There were some things that just couldn't be grasped fully, no matter how hard you try. "Plus my family are literally crazy, throwing one another into the sea is an acceptable greeting. Literally we'll pounce on whoever back, manhandle them and chuck them into the sea with as little warning as possible. I dread what they're going to think is an acceptable greeting when I go back for the wedding."

The City

John smirked at the 'strapping bloke' comment before finishing off the last of the food. He could see that Kay was enjoying both dishes, just like he was, but that chips were the clear winner. "Most definitely agreed on that. How people back home haven't come up with that is beyond me. It's a stroke of absaloute genius." He would have waved a chip around to demonstrate his point, but there wasn't any left, so he had to be satisfied with imagining doing it. "Though the fact that they use spice in so much more stuff here is one of the reasons Ell was such a picky eater when he first arrived. We had to dose all his food up with serious spices as he was so acclimatised to the diet here."

The forge

Fia laughed accepting it just fine. She wouldn't ever try to imagine what it was like. Elliott was more than enough siblings to deal with in her mind. When the topic of how the greeting might go for the wedding between Cliff and her siblings, she just laughed again. "Will be a sight to see either way. Growing up with Ell made me decide a long time ago that one sibling is enough for me, so I don't envy either of you" she smirked.

the city

When Kay said what she did about John, she knew it'd make him smirk and hit that ego of his which was precisely why she said it. "I totally agree. I don't know how I've never thought it considering I love various spices on anything" she chuckled. She listened to why Elliott was such a picky eater back on earth and she could definitely see how it made sense, now she had eaten Attilian food a few times now. "Makes sense, it's just a case of what his palette was used to, so I can imagine earth foods coming across as rather bland to him" she replied.

The Forge
Jay listened with an amused expression as Cliff related how her siblings would greet each other and it sounded very much like something she could get on board with. She'd never visited Cliff's home planet, but had been in that solar system before and had seen the planet from a distance- an intensely blue orb against the infinite blackness. "Oh I'm looking forwards to seeing it, as a matter of fact I was thinking of giving Benji some ideas." Cal smirked wickedly only for Cliff to dig her hard in the ribs in mock annoyance. "Don't even think about that, he's bad enough already." Cal smirked before grumbling "this is physical abuse right here, I'm being abused." But it was clear by look she was giving her future wife that she didn't mean it in the slightest.

The City
"We could patent this and make a ridiculous amount of money back on Earth." John smirked, not caring that food probabaly couldn't be patented. "Yeah, that's exactly it. It took us a whole to figure out why he loved curry so much. This was at the same time that he was mute, so communicating what was wrong was a massive stumbling block." But once communication had been figured out things took a significant turn for the better. John still found it remarkable just how much Elliott had learned in such a short space of time. "Plus he'd spent the bones of a year surviving on the special food pack things made for long duration space travels. Not exactly gourmet food, but it was that or starve. But once on Earth we got there eventually."

The forge

Seeing the two of them banter the way they were made Fia smile and chuckle. It brought her back to the normal her they would have seen the previous days. She had to admit she was extremely excited about seeing Cliff's home planet, and the idea of being on such terrain made her happy. She couldn't wait to be able to dip her feet into the waters there and maybe go for a swim if an opportunity arises to do so. She could also tell that Cal didn't mean a word of the abuse comment toward Cliff. She's said similar before when she's been caught mid prank or the like.

the city

Kay found the idea of patenting food rather amusing. She was pretty sure it wasn't a possible thing but then again people on earth have done weirder so who knew for certain! She listened to the story about trying to figure out Elliott's tastes while he was mute and nodded. She could imagine how much work him and Chas went through to try and communicate with Elliott before things started advancing. "It's good that you got there and didn't give up on him" she replied.

The Forge
Cal straightened up and smiled. "The others are gonna be a while the scrap yard is a good while away, so how does eating on the roof sound for a plan?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "You know me, I'm always in. And if there's coffee it's even better. I get why I can't drink it in the apartment, and Dan has the good stuff here." "Count me in too, for both food and coffee......So what kind of food?" Jay asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "Chips more than likely, Attili style, with plenty of spice and piping hot. Cooking chips is another great everyday use for pyrokinesis." She added, casting a look at Fia as she was aiming that particular remark at her specifically.

The City
John nodded. Elliott had quickly grown on him, even as the completly silent boy who followed his every movement around the apartment with wary eyes. It was kind of like having a pet cat in a way. Always watching and you could never tell what he was thinking. "Yeah it is, there was no way in hell I was going to give on him once we got a proper look at the state of his face. The scar had healed badly, if you could even call that healing, so we had to reopen it and reseal it so that it healed properly." He paused as another though entered his mind. "I know you've heard the story, but I didn't show you the photos from the really early days did I?"

The forge

Fia nodded at the suggestion of eating lunch on the roof with a smile. "Sounds good to me on every aspect and that I did know...sort of. Been known to be caught using a flame reheating my food when I've not eaten it out of being distracted" Fia chuckled, remembering the first time she did that and got the look of 'really kiddo? I didn't teach you to hone your phoenix flame to reheat your dinner' from Kay. "And spice is all good with me. Fun fact, spices and phoenix's are heavily linked together, have phoenix blood? Instant like of spices, no say in the matter" she chuckled.

the city

Kay just smiled the entire time John spoke about raising Elliott. She still remembered how much both of them laughed at her expression when she got told he was John's adopted kid, and it took her a moment to truly comprehend that John could even have the patience for a kid, but getting to know Elliott, she knew he was a decent guy, even if it took her a lot to gain his trust. As for the topic of the photos, she shook her head, "no you didnt" she confirmed.

The Forge
"What's the point of having fire powers if you can't use them to reheat stuff?" Cal smirked, being a full believer in reheating being a safe and practical use for pyrokinesis. "It's like how Cliff uses her powers to make ice cream in the summer and actually just to make ice cubes in general." Cliff nodded her confirmation to that remark. Figuring out how to make ice cream properly had taken a few years, but she mastered the art eventually. At the spice comment all three raised an eyebrow. "That's fascinating, I wonder if it's a genetic thing or a psychological-neurological thing or is it hereditary or is there some other reason?" Cliff mused instantly going onto 'doctor mode'. "I thought you were off work this week doc" Cal smirked, gesturing the others to follow her into the kitchen.

The room was small and stone walled like the rest of the Forge, with a fireplace (currently unlit). The room was compact, and as a result brimming with ingredients and storage units. A massive rack of mugs hung vertically against one wall. Everything was worn and lived in and the there was a homey atmosphere to the place. There was five packs of cards on the table,, which was wooden and bore the tell tale rings where overfilled mugs had been placed This was the place where Cal did school and college work and Dan did taxes, accounting and stock supply as well as the place where the two had sat, eaten dinner and chatted about nothing. It was also where Cliff had spent many hours and all three had great memories of the times spent together.

The City
John knew he was not the type who would be expected to have a kid, and the age gap made people seriously question what exactly John had been doing at such a young age. The moment where their brains caught up and reaslied Elliott was adopted was easily visible on their faces and it was so damned hilarious that it never got old. Kay's expression had been particularly funny as she had been given the full 'I don't do people and those around me always get hurt and probably the biggest arsehole you'll ever meet' spiel. "I thought as much, here, gimme a sec."

He pulled out his phone, scrolling back into the depths of the phone to over eleven years ago. Once he'd located the correct album he passed the phone to Kay. The first photo was showed a thirteen year old with short black hair and an angry red, puffy scar across his face eyeing whoever was taking the photo with intense suspicion in his golden eyes. He was just about recognisable as young Elliott, the short hair made him look dramatically different. The second showed younger sitting Elliott cross legged on the arm of the couch, a pad of paper against one knee, he was deep in concentration and sketching. He was wearing an old Christmas jumper that was miles too big on him (it was John's, a gift from his sister that he never wore). Elliott was unaware of the photo being taken, his hair had grown out, but was undyed and the angriness of the scar had only partially died down. The third was one that had evidently been taken by Chas, John had passed out while sitting on the couch, but right behind his left shoulder peering over the sofa looking exactly like a meerkat in both posture and expression was the younger Elliott, the scar now firmly set. "There's more obviously, but these three speak for themselves."

The forge

When Cal replied with what she did, Fia instantly held her hands out in that 'see! That's what I think!' manner. Just from that animated but not over the top expression on her face and body language conveyed so much without her even needing to say a single thing. Yet she spoke anyway, "right?! No one gets that I swear!" She laughed. When Cliff replied with many questions about the since thing she had to chuckle, "genetic and hereditary I think. It's all in my book about my kind I have in my bag back at the apartment. You're welcome.go read up on it if you want later. There's so much history about the link it's actually pretty crazy. Especially with mum's bloodline, she's the daughter of the original phoenix" she told Cliff.

Like Jay and Cliff, she walked into the kitchen, glancing around at the surroundings. She leaned against the table once in there and looked at the cards on it.

the city

Kay waited for him to get his phone out and look for the right photo album on it before showing her the photos at hand. Looking at them she was reminded what an cute kid Elliott was. There was just something about him, even with the angry looking scar that made her smile. She didn't know if it was down to her brain going mum mode or not. She particularly chuckled at the last one of Elliott looking like a meerkat at the back of the sofa. "These are great. He was such a cute kid" she commented, handing the phone back to John. She couldn't wait all of a sudden to have moments like these to experience with Fia.

The Forge
"Well in my case it could be do with the fact that I could sneak food up to my room as a kid and reheat it at my leisure. Or from when I was living in the lockup and didn't have money for food or heating and pyrokinesis was a survival method." Cal shrugged sensing from Fia's reaction that Kay was the one who didn't approve of this use of her abilities. (She knew enough about to know he'd be all on board with it and probably asking her to heat up his stuff too while she was at it." "Or because the kettle in our place always gets thrown out a window for no real reason." "There is that" Cal chuckled, locating the bags of chips and coffee stuff. "Grab any mug you feel like." Cal told them as she began to make the coffee.

The City
John watched as Kay looked at the photos, he hadn't brought up any of the ones where the scar was truly gruesome, that, he felt, was for another day. At the comment of Elliott being cute, John rolled his eyes, it was such a typical thing of people to say when they saw basically any kid ever and he really didn't see it himself. Nobody under the age of eight actually looked like a proper person to him. "He was basically like a judgemental cat, he'd sit there and watch a nd we had no idea what he was thinking." He passed over the phone, showing Kay a different photo. It was the younger Elliott, sitting on the armchair, one leg up, one leg hanging, looking through narrowed eyes at the photographer. His hair was a mess and his resembelence to a cat was uncanny.

The forge

Fia laughed at her reasons, which honestly sounded like something Kay would have done when she was on the streets. A story that Fia wasn't ever meant to strictly know every detail about but had drilled it out of Kay when she was around 14/15 years old. She was adamant on knowing how her and John met and so it meant knowing about Kay's life on the streets. Which always made Fia feel like Kay was a tad hypocritical in her dislike of Fia abusing her powers the way she did. In her eyes, it was a way of learning control. "I get the feeling you need to chain the kettle to the wall or something" Fia laughed. She grabbed a mug off the wall ready for the coffee and put it down on the worktop ready before leaning back against the table again. If she was home she would have had one leg propped up with her knee flat on the table top, but she wasn't and showed a bit more decorum.

The city

Kay noticed the eye roll to her comment but she didn't call him out on it and decided instead to ignore it. She wondered if he'd think any different when Fia got born but then she realised it was probably stupid to wonder such a thing as it probably wouldn't ever change. She could imagine him seeing her as all kinds of things but never his cute baby girl. At the comment of Elliott looking like a judgemental cat she had to laugh. "He still had those moments to be fair" she pointed out, taking his phone from him again to look at the new photo he was showing her. "But you're right! He does! It's actually uncanny" she chuckled. "like an alley cat whose just had their food taken from them to be precise" she chuckled.

The Forge
Cal nodded, "it's getting to that stage, but there's little point when you have friends who own bolt cutters and laser cutters and would take any chain as a personal challenge." Jay smirked at the story as she grabbed a mug. "They sound like great friends to have, that amount of dedication to trashing a kettle has to be a sign of deep loyalty." She delivered it in an utterly deadpan serious manner, which only made it all the funnier for the others. Cal let the coffee brew, then just simply took the whole pot and gestured for the others to follow her up to the roof. Once up there Cal passed around the coffee pot then started heating up the chips. The smell of potatoes and spices quickly filled the air.

The City
John laughed and nodded. "He does still have these moments all right, but during the first few years he suffered from these really awful bad hair days. He was still growing out his hair, and it was just a complete mess and it took everything in me an' Chas not to laugh at how comical he looked." At first the young Elliott hadn't taken being laughed at well, he was still shook up and traumatised, but he'd clearly gotten over it and could make himself the butt of every joke. At her next comparison he snorted again. "He really does, I can see the resemblance there. But the effect isn't as noticeable, espescially without the intense gold eyes."

The forge

Fia realised with Cal's reply that there was a valid point in what she said but she also thought that Jay was right. If friends had to go through that much effort to throw a kettle out of the window, they were either very bad friends or very good friend with the strangest sense of humour. She went with the latter, even though she wouldn't know what having such friends was like. Jay's choice of delivery of said reply was hysterical however. With the kettle boiled, she grabbed her mug and followed everyone up onto the roof, sitting down, feet flat on the roof and knees bent up. She poured herself some coffee before passing it round and took in the smells of the spices and food. "The smell of spices is so satisfying" she commented with a smile and contented sigh.

the city

Kay chuckled at his story about Elliott's hair and wondered if that was the case why neither thought to try and sort Elliott's hair out, if of course Elliott at that age would have even let them near him. She could imagine how much it would have hurt a young traumatized child though to have a grown adult laugh at them. Which just made him now all that more admirable for what he has overcome and still accomplished. She laughed when he agreed with her about the alley cat remark, and could easily imagine how much more noticeable it would be with his natural golden eyes. "I can believe that." She replied, handing him back the phone once more.

The Forge roof
They all spread out on the roof, there was plenty of room to sit and relax. Cal popped the coffee pot on the chimney stack so it wouldn't fall and smash like it's predecessors had. At Fia's remark Jay's face twitched into an expression of amusement. "I don't understand how the people of Ertah can invent the deep fried Mars Bar and not think to put spice on chips. Spiced chips are actually a common enough thing on most planets and systems." Cal and Cliff's eyes widened at the realisation that this staple food wasn't available on Earth. "Seriously? Earth doesn't have this? You don't know what you are missing out on." Cal passed over the warm packages of chips as soon as they were sufficiently heated. "Enjoy!"

The City
"The golden eyes were insanely expressive, the human ones less so as they don't change in brightness as easily." John tucked the phone away and balled up the empty takeaway papers before throwing them into a nearby bin. Hours of idle practice and throwing in life or death situations had left him with a respectable aim. "So whad'ya say we start heading back to the forge and if anywhere does catch your eye, we stop there?" John asked, checking his watch, they still had enough time for wandering around and the main city was a very interesting place.

The forge

Fia had to agree with Jay's reply, she may not have tried spiced chips as such before but she knew she had a point. She never understood the whole deep fried mars bar thing, to her it sounded absolutely grotesque. She laughed at Cal and Cliff's shocked faces of discovering it wasn't a thing on earth. Taking the package from Cal she smiles, "thanks. Surprisingly no. We have Southern fried chips and who knows what else, which is probably the closest thing I'd imagine. But deep fried mars bars are and it sounds disgusting. It's literally deep fried chocolate and caramel with nougat. Mars bars on their own? Great! Deep frying them? Eww" she explained, shuddering at the last few words to make a point. She then tried the spiced chips and her face curled up into a very satisfied closed mouth smile. "So good!" She commented finishing a mouthful.

the city

"I can imagine that being the case, something about that shade of eye I think" she replied. She noted the precision that John threw the garbage into the nearby bins but made no obvious sign of she was impressed or not. Listening to his next suggestion, she nodded, "sounds like a good enough plan to me. We can grab a drink for the journey back?" She replied with her own suggestion. The city certainly was interesting and if they weren't on a time scale, she could probably explore for a very long time happily.

The Forge roof
Jay shrugged. "Never understood it either, but people will try anything once for the novelty factor, and that is most certainly what a deep fried Mars Bar is." The others watched as Fia took her first bite all having tried spiced chips before. The appreciation was evident on her face and it brought chuckles out from all three of them. "I take it you're enjoying them then" Cliff smirked, before digging into her own portion. The group lapsed into silence as they ate, just savouring the rich spices of the chips, combined with the warmth of the sun above and the roof below them. Fia wouldn't know, but eating chips on the roof like this was something that Dan had started when he first moved into the forge building.

The City
John stood up, making sure that between them they had all their bags. "It really is, espescially since there is no eye white just a lighter section where the white would be. Unlike Jay's eyes, which seem to be just a swirling colour around a central pupil." He gestured at his own icy-blue eyes to drive home his point. Kay wouldn't have seen much of Elliott's golden eyes, but John had noticed as soon as they saw him on Attil that they had changed back to their natural colour. "Sounds like a good call, any preferences for drinks?" Coffee and alcohol were out of the the question.

the forge

Fia didn't even care that her reaction to the chips got a few chuckles out of the other three. She was used to being laughed at. She nodded profusely at the assumption said by Cliff. "Mmhmm!!" She replied whilst eating more chips. Little did she or any of them know that they had the same thing as John and Kay. After her little moment she just fell into the silence with everyone else eating, staring out at the scene in front of her enjoying the sun and warmth.

the city

Standing up, she made sure to have the bags she agreed to hold in her hand and then did the usual looping her free hand through his elbow to walk. She listened to the explanation of Elliott's and Jay's eyes and nodded. His eye colour change was one of the first things she noticed about Elliott, but didn't make a thing about it as it would have been silly to in her mind, she just made a mental note of it and thought just how incredible his natural eye colour was. She knew her eyes changed when she was in 'phoenix mode', but hadn't ever really seen them for herself. She saw them for a split second once in a bathroom mirror but thought she was going crazy at the time. She gave it a thought for a moment wondering what she really fancied, when one thing came to her, "you know what I'm really craving? A milkshake" she commented, listening to what her body wanted. She knew that the cravings really were beginning now, and they'll either stick or change and get weirder as the trimesters went on.

The Forge roof
Jay ended up just lying back on the roof and letting the sun wash over her. Her skin was naturally lightly tanned, but it didn't hurt to get some real UV every once in while. "Is there a good night view from up here?" She directed the question at both Cal and Cliff, but it was the former who answered. "Yeah, when the skies are clear it's amazing up here. Lacknof pollution let's you see so much, plus the rings never really get old. You remember the heavy rugs and oversized hoodies in the secret compartment back there?" Jay nodded, she remembered them well from the time they had Elliott in the forge and were breaking the various pieces of news to him. "Well that's why they are there. When it was just Dan, he carried his own stuff up and down, but since there is more of us now, building a secret compartment seemed a good port of call."

The City
Milkshakes were never John's thing, he just couldn't get into them, even as a kid and as a teenager. They were more Chas' teenage drink of choice than his. The cabbie had perfected the art of doing an extremely judging stare while slurping a milkshake and managing not to look ridiculous. "That can be arranged, I'm sure there's somewhere around here that does such a thing. Any particular colour, flavour, texture whatever? Just to make ordered easier and not be standing there lie the clueless tourists we actually are."

The forge

When Fia had finished eating, she took a sip of her coffee, then just sat with her knees close up to her chest and staring out at the world in front of them. She listened to Jay's question and Cal's answer. She thought it was indeed a good idea that they thought of such a thing for nights just to gaze out at the world. It partly reminded her of when she'd sneak up onto the roof to watch the stars, mostly to gain inspiration for new pieces to play on the violin. "There's nothing like staring up at the sky at night full stop" she commented.

the city

Before now Kay could take or leave milkshakes. They'd have to be really something for her to like them and she found nowhere in London had mastered the art of a good one. Only in Seattle had she ever had a good milkshake. But her pregnancy was making her crave one really badly. She understood where he was coming from with asking her such a thing, "hmm, mint chocolate" she said as she did a bit of thinking to what she really craved. She definitely blamed the pregnancy for her craving because she was NEVER a mint chocolate milkshake type of woman. In the states it was always Oreo or peanut butter, she couldn't stand mint chocolate, but now that's all she truly wanted.

The Forge
Jay shook her head in disagreement at Fia's comment. "There's one thing better than that, and that is sitting on the outside of a spaceship as it hurtles through the blackness at speeds you can't even begin to comprehend. And without a space suit and left in the forcefield, just experiencing, that is something that there is nothing else quite like it anywhere in the universe." Her eyes lightened and her tone changed as Jay thought back on those few times she'd been able to sit safely on the outside of a spaceship without fear of upsetting the balence and just observe and absorb. It was times like that she wondered if the old myths were bull and if she really did have a sole. "Well damn, that's gotta be where Rinaa gets her deep thinking from."

The City

The flavour choice was a surprise, he couldn't possibly imagine if that would work as a milkshake. But who was he to judge this decisions out loud, mint chocolate chip ice cream was on John's list of favourites after all. "Interesting choice......ah, that looks like a likely place." He gestured to a sort of cafe building place and made his way over, scanning the menu outside. His smile widened and he pointed at a set of runes on the board. "Looks like we're in luck, not only do they do milkshakes, but they have mint chocolate too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back