• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Rinaa rubbed her neck, leaning over the back of Jay's chair watching her work. "So let me get this straight, you gave yourself that cut in the middle of the night while half asleep?" Jay turned around, one eyebrow raised high, her tone giving nothing away. "Yep, and it's not exactly the first time I've done something like that" she nodded, "so, whadya think?" she asked hesitantly, flicking her hair forwards to give a better view of the cut and dye-job. Fia may have said she liked it, but in the grand scheme of things, what Fia thought didn't matter to Rinaa. "It's damn good, espescially since you did that in the middle of the night. It suits you, both the style and the colour. And I see what you're doing with it, halfway between us, am I right or am I right?" She smirked on the last phrase, prompting an eye roll from the teenager. "Figured if Elliott's doing matching hair then I should get on board too."

"Well it works, you've clearly got design fakir for hair as well as mechanics." "If you are going to hover, you can make yourself useful and pick up a cloth and help clean this. I take it you know what you're doing?" Jay's remark was such a typical parent one, yet it came out so easily and naturally that the others all glanced at each other as if to confirm that everybody else had heard Jay such a typical mother thing. Rinaa willingly took a cloth, pulling up a chair and snagging an oil bottle. Rubbing her neck again she winced slightly and John couldn't help but make a comment. "Did future me never dispense the wisdom about not sleeping in bathtubs as you get bad neck pains for the rest of the day?" "He did give that advice, after I fell asleep half hanging off a fire escape. I see the point now."

All looked up when Fia came in, "and here we have the renowned artist of this morning's classic trending hit 'shit on a stick'" John smirked as she entered. Cliff slipped in her hearing aids, knowing this was a conversation worth listening to. They all let Kay take charge, all smirking in various ways. " You should sleep in weird places more often, we need some humour in our lives." "I'll sleep on the washing machine next, that weird enough for you?"

Kay watched like the others as Rinaa sought Jay's opinion on the hair cut that she had impressively done whilst half asleep and just like the others, she too looked between them all when hearing Jay come out with such a parent style comment toward Rinaa. She looked then between John and Rinaa as when he asked about the whole sleeping in bathtubs is a bad idea wisdom and smirked at the reply he got, whilst raising an eyebrow, feeling there was a story there. Yet that was when Fia made her presence known.

Kay laughed at John's comment about calling Fia's outburst a new classic hit. "I doubt you'll catch Fia off guard on the washing machine" Kay pointed out which earned a jab in the side from her kid in retaliation. "Am I wrong though?" Kay asked. "....No" Fia eventually admitted which made Kay chuckle. "Well I'm glad I could amuse you lot, so how long will I be getting reminded of that saying?" Fia remarked, ending it on a question. She had a feeling they'd remind her a lot as it was quite an unusual one liner. "Oh for the rest of your life. Totally for the rest of your life" Kay smirked.

Coming to think of it sleeping on top of the washing machine and dryer would have been a more sensible option as they (and the nearby cupboards) were covered with a long countertop that was long enough for her to lie on. She'd done that before when she needed to get away from people as there were no windows in the room and only one door in. She watched the back and forth banter between Kay and Fia with her usual half smile, the earlier Cheshire cat grin having vanished as if it had never been there. Kay's final response made everybody smirk, knowing full well that they'd be able to take advantage of it in the future years. (Except for Rinaa, it would be the rest of her life, which was going to be far shorter than the rest of Fia's).

John also raised an eyebrow at Rinaa's explanation and turned to the teenager who was cleaning the handgun parts with practiced ease. "I think we all want to know why you were asleep and half off a fire escape." "Its not as exciting as it sounds, I'd been doing a night shift at my job" by that she meant, late night illegal activities, but the others didn't need to know that. "Things were kinda chaotic and a lot of us ended up awake until two in the morning. So I headed back to your flat, the others were away, so I was sleeping on the couch. Guess I was more tired than I thought and ended up nodding off on the fire escape of the building, with my arms and legs dangling off it. Then it started pissing raining" her face perfectly conveying the unspoken 'typical shite weather' "and I showed up in the flat looking like a drowned rat with weird neck pains. The rest of the story tells itself"

Fia hoped that they'd forget she ever mentioned the bloody one line remark, not only that, she wished it never came out of her mouth. She listened to the story that Rinaa told as the topic finally moved on from her which she was incredibly thankful for. It sounded like something her Leah would do and probably had done, but she just didn't ever witness it. When Leah was tired, Fia tended to stay out of her way.

Kay had the mental image in her head of Rinaa asleep on the fireplace and in her head if wasn't far off how a cat would sleep on staircase bannister or couch armrest which was quite an amusing thought. Hearing that she woke up to neck pains wasn't very surprising to her as she was pretty sure anyone would get a crick in the neck after sleeping on that fire escape. It was then she felt her stomach grumble again, but not to the loud extent of earlier, as the smell of food cooking finally was taken notice by her. "Anything spare to eat? I'm starving" she commented, glancing at John with a knowing smirk like it was some in joke between them about the impressive sound her stomach made in the bedroom.

John could read between the lines, sensing that Rinaa never stayed over when everybody else was around. There was only three bedrooms in the place- his (which he presumed he shared with Jay), the spare room (which he guessed was Fia's) and Elliott's (which he doubted anyone would be allowed in after his death, knowing Jonn it would be left the way it was, all boxed up). "Very classy way to make an entrance." John remarked, to which Rinaa rolled her eyes. "Not one of my finer moments, I'll admit that.... But nobody has a picture of it as proof, so it's easily deniable." She smirked, picking up the fine oil and carefully applying it to the firing mechanism of the handgun, her eyes furrowing in concentration.

John smirked at the inside joke the quieter rumbling hadn't escaped him. At the mention of food Cliff spoke up. "There is bacon here, and fish if you're interested in either of those" as she spoke she flipped the food, to ensure no burnt bits. The fish was technically hers, but Kay needed to eat healthily, so Cliff wouldn't object to sharing. "If not, just raid whatever is in the fridge and cupboards, we need to go shopping anyway, with all the extra people we don't have enough, so if there's anything in particular you guys want, then start making a list. Paper is on the pinboard behind Fia" She added gesturing with the fish slice.

Kay had a feeling that every time either of them got hungry, the two of them would want to just laugh and make some kind of vague joke about her stomach growl of epic proportions. It wasn't the kind thing that would just be forgotten easily. Kay wasn't usually a fish kind of girl, but she had to admit whatever Cliff was doing with it, it did smell appetising and wondered if this was a case of suddenly liking something she normally wouldn't like because of baby Fia. "The fish smells great, if it's not a problem" she replied.

Fia raised her eyebrows recognising the exchanged smirks between her parents as they were exchanging an unspoken joke between themselves and was curious how being hungry could created such an exchange of looks. "I know that look.. you two are knowing something we don't" Fia commented, before her name was mentioned by Cliff, making her look behind her to find the paper on the pinboard, so she side stepped incase anyone wanted it. "And that's the way it's gonna stay kiddo" Kay turned back to Fia and replied. "Aww what?! So you lot can mock me but I can't with you? That's fricking parental privileges that is" Fia retorted which made Kay laugh.

Cliff was preparing the fish based on a traditional recipe from her home planet, she'd grown up on fish of various types and cooking methods. She wasn't a master at it, but being the second eldest sibling meant she ended up cooking lunch for her siblings many times. She had no problem with Kay eating it, and plus the compliment made her more willing to share it. "Not a problem at all, there's more in the fridge anyway, it's not as nice as the fresh caught stuff from my home planet, but it's still good." Cal threw her hands in the air "I'm marrying a fish snob" she proclaimed which prompted the classic response of "I'll fish snob you in a minute" accompanied by a wickedly flirty grin. "Ooh I'd like that very much."

"Save it for the wedding night you two." Rinaa couldn't resist the jab as she grabbed the paper and a pen, starting to compile a list of various foodstuffs, based on her taste and her knowledge of the others tastes. "That's basically the one parenting thing I actually know, double strand rads all the way." John smirked at Fia's mock outrage,p plopping himself in the couch and looking at the list. "I'll take bacon if there's any going."

Kay laughed at the two women making jabs at each other about the whole topic of fish, but it was Rinaa's comment that made her chuckle the most. "Thanks Cliff" she then made sure to say when the banter stopped. She walked to the couch and sat down next to John after giving her reasons for not letting Fia in on the joke that was shared between her and him. "Face it kiddo, we're a locked book" she told Fia, glancing at the list that Rinaa was making also but seeing nothing that she could see was missing.

"I'll take some bacon too if there's enough, if not no sweat, I haven't eaten all of mum's brownies yet and I know there's another batch left in that kitchen" Fia grinned. "Bloody hell kid! Eat proper food for once in your life please?" Kay remarked at Fia's comment which made Fia stick her tongue out at her, with Kay rolling her eyes. With the amount of crap that Fia ate, it was a miracle she stayed so slim and healthy in Kay's eyes.

Rinaa's comment about the utterly shameless flirting between the two women recieved the most laughter and a smirking sideways first-bump from Jay. "The cheek!" Cal retorted in dramatic fake annoyance. The change in Rinaa's attitude was startling, it was like there was a different teenager in the room. And to think the change had been made by sleeping in the bathtub and being woken up by the screech of another teenager made no logical sense. But that was what had happened, and Jay couldn't help but wonder how long this change would last for and what would change her back to the sullen, skeptical loner she usually was. "I'll put bacon the list then?" "Copious amounts of bacon it seems."

"Anyone know what date it is by Earth measurements?" John asked, he didn't prop up his feet as he'd end up crushing some piece of gun mechanism under his foot. "Yeah" Rinaa rolled up her sleeve to consult one of her three watches. "The middle one is GMT" She explained, holding out the watch. One John recognised as being an Attili watch with Attili numeric symbols and set to the correct time. As for the third he couldn't make heads nor tails of it. "In that case, anybody know how to boost a phone to get a message to Earth?" "Yep, shouldn't be too hard, give it over and I'll get started." John passed over the phone and Rinaa made her way to her bags, grabbing a toolkit and set of various transfer wires from it, before seating herself at the table. "Okay people, foods ready, you can get it yourselves"

Kay was happy that Rinaa felt she could be this type of kid around them all and knew it must be nice for Jay to see. It did amaze her though that it was down to Fia jumping out of her skin metaphorically speaking that did it. When John asked about the date, she suddenly remembered he needed to know if it was his mate's birthday from the chat they had before the large bombshell of truth was mentioned. Seeing him ask about boosting the signal in his phone, she gathered it was indeed said person's birthday and he needed to get that message sent.

With the declaration that the food was ready, Kay got up and headed over, taking a bit that Cliff was willing to share with her. "Thanks" she said to her again, before walking back to the couch and sitting down where she was before to eat. The fish was surprisingly good to Kay, and not because she doubted Cliff's cooking, far from it. It was purely down to the fact she wasn't a big fish lover before getting pregnant. So she had now discovered she can like fish and can't stand coffee suddenly. She really hoped the latter would change when she gave birth to Fia because she really was missing the taste of coffee so much. Fia also got up to get her breakfast, before heading back to where she was previously and sat down to eat, making her be the quietest she had been all morning so far.

Chas knew why John wanted the signal boosted and nodded knowingly "John send on birthday wishes from me and hi to pass on to the other one." "Got it mate." John nodded, standing up and waking over to take some bacon for himself while Chas and Jay just raided the cupboards for other food then sat back down again in the same spots. "You're welcome." Cliff sat down in the usual place next to Cal. Rinaa was the one who wasn't bothered to get food, being too busy removing the back of John's phone with surgical precision. She scrutinised the circuitry before making her decision on where to patch in the wire. After that it was just a simple matter of hooking it up to the computer.

"And voila, Earth communicating capabilities" Rinaa smirked, before giving the small print. "But only when connected to this computer array, there's nowhere near enough power in a standard phone or computer to do this, hence the evil genius terminal set up we got going on." "As long as it works and doesn't create a self replicating techno virus that sends everybody insane, then that's fine by me." "No danger of the anti-life equation here, I'm not that good." Rinaa smirked knowing John was referencing the time Cyclops infected all technology with a self replicating equation that snet anybidy who viewed it insane as their brains couldn't cope with the anti-life equation.

Kay just ate in silence and listened to the conversations going on round her. She was too preoccupied with eating to talk much and didn't find anything worth getting involved in anyway. When Rinaa spoke up about successfully boosting John's phone signal to reach earth, she did glance up, impressed at how quickly she managed to do it. As the references came in, she rolled her eyes smirking at the two of them. Not that she had much right to do it as she was always referencing stuff herself, warranting the same reaction from others, that she gave to John and Rinaa.

She was though, enjoying the laid back friendly atmosphere that this morning seemed to have by everyone in the apartment. There didn't seem to be any tensions for once and it was distinctly noticeable by Kay. Fia too noticed the vibe was different, but she put it down to her screech and nothing more. Whilst she was eating she was wondering how to spend the day, whether to just be in the room she had commandeered or be on the roof playing her violin, or see what her folks were going to be doing and possibly join them, or something else entirely that she hadn't figured out yet. "what's everyone doing today?" She found herself asking, curious to what the plans were if Elliott was to stay in the cell for a while.

John typed out his message beginning with the traditional greeting of 'Oi you'. "How long does this thing take to send?" "Anywhere between five minutes and twenty-five minutes, it's got a hell of a long way to go, I'll tell you when it's sent." Rinaa explained, running a hand through her hair as the pop up box displayed the encouraging message of sending 0% complete. John made nodded his thanks and made his way back to eat. She only noticed at that moment, but her arms were smeared with oil and her finger and nails were stained with hairdye that she hadn't quite managed to wash away.

"I'll be at the forge for a good chunk of it, working on armour and doing exciting things with gold." Cal answered first. "By which she means making wedding rings, I'll be there too." "I'll be there as well, a bulk order of stuff came in, so I volunteered to help shift it around, it's the least I could do considering I've been crashing there. Also it's got the only normal person out of all of us there." Chas explained, he'd arranged this earlier with Cal. "Gun range" Jay gestured at the aray of disassembled weapons in front of her "gym and some sparring with the royal guards." "No real plan, probably just going around this place and trying not to get lost." Rinaa was the last to answer Fia's question, rooting around again in her bag. "Some combination of lectures, labs, working on the bike and researching some law stuff."

Hearing Fia's question and everyone else giving their replies, Kay added that she was going with John for that walk round the area, when John gave his answer. Fia nodded at all the replies, deciding that everyone had an idea except for her. "Can I tag along with you two?" Fia asked aiming her question at Kay and John. "I'll only stay in here otherwise doing nothing or annoy many of the neighbours with my violin playing, unless anyone else could put me to good use for something?" she said, taking a gamble at asking. She would have asked Jay if she could join her at the gun range but guns weren't really her thing and she didn't fancy being at the archery range on her own on a planet she didn't know.

Kay looked at John when Fia asked if she could join them, wondering what he thought. She didn't mind if their kid do join them, but they had only previously said about going out just the two of them to spend time together and to get some air. So she figured she'd give John the final decision to make. "What do ya think? Let her join us or pawn her off to one of these sorry sods?" She asked John with a slight smirk.

At Fia's remark of making use of her Cal and Cliff shared knowing smirks. They knew Fia hadn't been to Attil before, but this just confirmed it. "Some advice from the wise, never ask for work around here, you'll just get completly taken advantage of. Nobody ever says no to free labour." "There's always something that needs doing, we've got Chas bringing in new stock for the forge, which means deep clean and sorting of all the old and broken stuff is needed, a proper full scale clear out to get rid of the junk that just accumulates." Cal explained leaning back on her chair. "If I had work, I could make you do the file and sample runs, the language barrier doesn't even factor into it." She explained, leaning back in the couch.

It was too good an opportunity for Rinaa to miss out on "I have a storage locker and large shipping container that need clearing out and a full clean in the process, if you really want to be made useful." Rinaa made her way back to the table, a glass in one hand and five various sized pill bottles in the other. It was clear from the colour and the sticky labels bearing the neatly typed name- Leah Tziyen- and instructions that these were prescription drugs. John listened as they all reeled out what work they could do and he couldn't resist making a jab. "I'm fine either way, but it looks like all these people are dying for free teenage labour and we wouldn't want to deprive them of that would we?" He smirked.

Fia looked up at Cliff and Cal when they said about to never offer up her free time to someone on Attil because there will be someone who will make use of it. She listened to the options from Cal and then subsequently Rinaa, noticing how it was a case of cleaning or cleaning. Luckily for her, she was on the whole a very naturally tidy person and if she did make a mess with books everywhere or similar, she was damn good at cleaning up after herself. Kay smirked at John's reply to the whole topic, chuckling.

"Fine I'll go help Rinaa if she's cool with that. Sounds like you could be more in need of the extra set of hands than the others and luckily for you, I'm good at doing deep cleans" Fia replied, weighing up the options, and coming to the conclusion that at the Forge there were more people around to help with a deep clean than what Rinaa had at her storage locker and shipping container. Kay at that point gave Rinaa a discreet but clear nod of thanks for getting Fia out of her and John's hair for a little while. The prescriptions didn't go unnoticed either to her, and figured Fia really could make herself useful and helpful to Rinaa for the day. Not only that, she figured if they spent time together, it'd give Fia someone her own age to hang out with and for them both to accept they were different versions of each other and possibly get on better before the wedding came around. "Looks like we got a day to ourselves!" She smiled to John.

John, Fia and Kay would never have seen Rinaa taking the pills before that morning as they hadn't been up early enough the other days. The others however had seen it before, the five pills each taken with an individual gulp of water to wash it down and accompanied by a slight scrunching of her face at the bitter taste and aftertaste left behind in her mouth. Jay had asked on the first day what they were for and Rinaa had explained- two were for the psychosis brought on by the bite, one for anxiety and the other two for depression. She took them every morning, knowing that it was worse without them. They'd all seen the medication wasn't even close to being one hundred percent effective, but the fact she still took them meant it was far worse without them.

"Looks like it" John nodded, trying to gauge Rinaa's reaction at being put with Fia for the day, the last thing anybody wanted was for the two to regress back and for Rinaa to retreat back behind the walls of silence. Rinaa raised an eyebrow at Fia' s willingness, wondering if it was purely because she'd be doing the clear out alone otherwise or if there was some deeper reason for it. Either way it was too late to turn back now, and she wasn't exactly looking forwards to the trip back, knowing that it would stir up a whole platoon's worth of shit. "You might regret that decision by the end of it, it's quite a journey there and there's a lot of stuff, I want to do it all in one trip forwards."

Fia had no ulterior motive for offering her services to help Rinaa. She genuinely just thought she'd be more useful and less in the way if she was with Rinaa than at the forge. Though at some point she did want to see the forge from the inside for herself. "We'll see. You haven't experienced my good cleaning skills yet and I don't shy away from a challenge buuut if you'd rather do it alone.." she smirked back at Rinaa, with an almost melodic teasing tone.

Kay didn't want either teenager to but let heads from a long day together, but she had to trust they'd get on well enough as the last couple of times they'd spent time together it seemed to have gone relatively drama free, and they did have similarities for things if they just have themselves the chances to see them. "As long as you both are good with being together, that's the main thing, if not, Cal you'll have another set of hands at the forge" Kay said, aiming the first bit at both teenagers and the last bit at Cal. Either way, she just wanted both kids to be content with either decision made, and she was selfishly glad she got to finally spend a day alone with John like normal people.

Rinaa refrained from rolling her eyes, or even reacting very much to the teasing, not knowing what the response should be. She didn't particularly want to do this deep clean full stop, but she knew if she didn't, it would be down to her Jay and her friends and she couldn't put them through that. Bringing an alternate timeline Fia was one hell of a risk, she didn't know how far the similarities between her and Fia's Leah went and delving through the storage locker and container could bring some things to light. And then there was the whole fact that they'd have to time travel in order to do it and if this Fia met her Fia or if somebody from her family met her it would cause all kinds of trouble.

But she knew bringing Fia was the safest option in the end, if anything she'd be a sort of buffer between her old life and this life on Attil. "Well, put it this was, if it goes badly there's this thing called teleportation technology." She tapped her right sleeve where the device was strapped. "I'll just bring her to the forge and then head back to the stuff in my time." Jay nodded at that remark, it may sound harsh, but it made sense to her. With Fia's ban on magic it meant she couldn't follow Rinaa back if something did happen. "And nobody ever says no to extra hands around the place, even when there's nothing going on, something can always be made up" she smirked, having been on both the giving and receiving end of that tactic.

"Fine with me" Fia replied after Rinaa said worst case she could bring her back to the forge to help there instead. She could tell Rinaa was being blunt with her answer but she didn't take it to heart in any way. She knew she'd be stuck if she couldn't use her magic to get back again, but she didn't want to back out of her offer to help, especially when Rinaa initiated it. She just was glad she didn't have to spend the day alone in Cal and Cliff's apartment whilst everyone had their own things to do, as she got the hint a little while back during the chat that Kay was deliberately pawning her off to someone else for this one time.

There was of course another reason Kay was doing it, and that was because she didn't want to risk another ancestral memory get trigger from something Fia did whilst they were out in public and it possibly causing unwanted attention. Sure, it was highly selfish but after yesterday's trip, she didn't want to go through another one so soon. She then put her empty plate down where it was safe to do and out the way of gun parts before relaxing back again for s little while.

"That's that then" Rinaa nodded, making her way over to the fruit bowl and grabbing which she began to peel with one hand. She sat herself down at the computer array and starting to do some researcher. Her research consisted of lots of reading of dense legal documents and googling for clarification on certain terms and wordolofy that she was unsure of. Law wasn't her forte, but she could figure out enough. With her free hand she jotted down notes and an outline into a leather-bound notebook. There were various pages stuck in it along with bookmarks and it would be recognisable to Fia as the notebook concealed under the floor boards of The House with time travel notes in it.

Chas reassembled his shotguns with ease, placing them back into the carryall bag. Jay took longer due to the volume of guns she owned. Two of the guns were a custom design created to be slotted into a holster on the side of a pair of chunky combat boots. The cloth covering the table was her own and she folded it away neatly, tucking it into one of her bags. Everybody took their time eating, the silence was comfortable. Cal was the first to break it. "I'm guessing it's probably a good idea to give you two" she gestured at John and Kay. "Attili money, as I know for a fact you don't have any and it's hardly good host behaviour to let you roam around an alien planet with no cash."

Whilst Rinaa went to the fruit bowl to grab something to eat and then to work on the computer, Fia took that few moments to get up, get dressed into a clean shirt and to grab her jacket ready. She also needed to get her boots on for when Rinaa wanted to go, so she did all that, strapped her side bag to her thigh once again, before coming back out and seeing the familiar leather bound notebook that Rinaa was using. She recognised it instantly as the one she borrowed to even come to this time.

Kay glanced to see Fia disappear off to the spare room then back again looking a lot more refreshed and ready to go out, always finding herself glancing down at the thigh bag she had, finding it pretty cool she had such a thing and how it have her that hunter modern steampunk sort of vibe going on. Her attention went back to Cal when she said about giving them Attili money. She hadn't even thought about that when her and John decided they'd go for a roam about earlier. "Thanks, much appreciated Cal" she replied with a smile, before grabbing her plate and any other empty ones she found, taking them to the sink. She decided to do the washing up as a good will gesture for letting them stay and being so kind.

Rinaa looked up when Fia re-emerged. She didn't recognise the thigh bag, it wasn't something she'd ever seen her Fia wear, but it was cool none the less. Rinaa herself would definetely consider wearing something like it if given the offer. She noticed the fresh clothes and wondered what the logic behind this was. "I was gonna say don't bother changing into clean clothes, but instead do the opposite and get into something older and shabier as whatever you wear will more than likely get ruined with motor oil and general dirt. But whatever floats your boat" she finished with a shrug, turning back to the notebook.

"Cheers on that Cal" John nodded, money had vaguely crossed his mind, but he would feel weird asking about it so he kept his trap shut. "It's probably not a good thing for any more of us to end up in jail, even if it's of lesser security." He added with a smirk. "One person at a time is definitely enough, and besides, you can just pay us back when we come visiting and need whatever strange currency you lot use." "That's a fair deal" John agreed as Cal pulled out her wallet and passed over a selection of different notes, which John took and tucked into one of the concealed pockets of his trenchcoat. The Attili currency also consisted of notes and coins just like on Earth, but the dimensions were completly different as were the colours and the images which seemed to be important people and buildings.

Fia looked at Rinaa when she said what she did before looking down at what she was wearing then back up again. "Eh, it's only my basic stuff, I'm not bothered. But it was better than wearing what I slept in" she replied, giving some sort of justification as to why she changed. She wore nearly the same outfit every day anyway, black jeans, black boots, and a black vest of one varying kind or the other. Sometimes she'd switch it up to a red top or grey, but on the whole she lived in black, unless she was dressing up for a special occasion. The only that wasn't fully black was her thigh bag that always held her phone, stele and other random bits, and that was only because it had brass buckles and chain.

Kay eventually finished the washing up and dried her hands off on a towel before walking back and sitting back down next to John, as he put the money into his trenchcoat pocket and she noticed the similarities and differences to the currency compared to their currency. Hearing them say about paying them back whenever they visit London really did seem like a fair deal in Kay's eyes as well.

"Well don't say I didn't warn you" was Rinaa's reply. Rinaa's colour palate was more varied than Fia's but was also based mainly on dark colours (good for stealth and didn't show up stains as easily). Her base colours were black, dark grey and light grey. She rarely wore brown, but her t-shirt range encompassed colours like black, grey, dark blue, dark green, red and purple. Rinaa rarely ever wore long sleeved tees or tank tops, the former too constricting and the latter she felt only attracted unwanted attention when in the gym. Off world and when doing any mechanics jobs her tool belt lived on her waist and her goggles on her forehead. She spread her belongings between heavy duty backpacks, a messenger satchel and her mechanics belt.

"Now seems as good a time as any to get going and get started." With the wash up complete Cal, Cliff, Chas and Jay stood up to leave. "We'll head out with you then." John told them, getting up himself, he saw no sense in waiting around to leave, now that the option was there he couldn't wait to get outside and have a proper chance to relax and be fully alone with Kay at a time where both of them weren't half asleep. "Lock up when you leave teenagers, and don't break the house or eat everything in it." "Don't worry, you can trust me with your keys and your apartment. As for the food, I can't possibly comment."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back