• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"That she is." Chas agreed with what could only be described as a proud parent nod. "And can get away with shit talking John at any time." Elliott smirked to which John just shrugged. Kay had seen how Trish and John bantered back and forth, a teasing familial bond. "I am the favourite godparent after all." John sniped back, to which Elliott rolled his eyes lazily. "And source of entertainment, espescially when you do the hundred metre dash from Renee at speeds that should surely break the current Olympic record." "Cheeky bugger, I'll hav eyou know I could beat any of those sprinter with my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded." A wicked smirk appeared on Elliott's face. "Wanna bet? I'm sure there's an Olympic sized running track around here."

"So I've heard, but it's hard to distinguish fact from rumour when it comes to that kind of stuff. The Isogrii are like legendary figures in some places around the universe." Cliff answered, having moved to compare Rinaa's ears to Jay's. There was no doubt that Rinaa's had been cut at a different angle. "Yep, the Isogrii have made quite the name for themselves. Guaranteed employment when your reputation precedes you. But as a people, they are damn cool and have an honour code just like pilots and just as, if not stronger." Jay added, as Cliff's eyes narrowed, picking up on something on Rinaa's neck. "I might be mistaken, but are those skin grafts on the back of your neck?" She spoke quietly, knowing she might just have put her foot in something and shattered the mood.

Kay was too involved in the conversation with John, Chas and Elliott by this point that the conversation between the others just seemed to fade into the background. The proud parent nod of Chas' was unmistakable and she could only imagine both her and John get that in Fia's timeline over her. She laughed at the banter between John and Elliott about John's reaction toward Renée and wondered if she'd ever see that in person herself or not. The moment the whole running thing came into play, she face palmed openly at them. "John have you ever heard of the saying 'watch what you say before saying it?' because you should start." She smirked with a raised eyebrow.

She didn't doubt that he could run fast, far from it, but there were times when Elliott smirked in that particular way and said about a bet that she knew it would be highly entertaining for her and Chas to watch but something that could easily go against John and bite him in the ass. "Things do have a habit of biting you in the arse because of your smart mouth" she pointed out. It was times like this it did come across as she was siding with Elliott but she wasn't really siding with anyone, just pointing things out how she saw them. She may love the guy but she couldn't hesitate saying it how it is in these moments.

"Telling him that isn't gonna work, John will never stop digging his hole until he pops out of the others side of the word." Chas fond himself very pleased with that metaphor, thinking it suited John perfectly. "And as for moments with opportunities to get out of that hole? Ignored completly." "That's just how I work. To quote a very wise man,"Ah those moments, I like to wave at them as they pass by" " John quipped back, earning a groan from Elliott. "That's Jack Sparrow, you can't use his quotes to answer every problem you're faced with John." John raised an eyebrow and proceeded to do an excellent Jack sparrow imitation. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? Savvy?" He finished with a wink, causing Elliott to roll his eyes. "This is a 'nobody move, I dropped me brain' moment isn't it?" Two could play at that game.

There banter was suitable enough distraction for Rinaa to be able to speak the truth to Cliff. "You're not ring, where ever your doctor instincts are concerned, you are pretty much always one hundred percent spot on. There's skin grafts across my neck, shoulders and lower back." she gestured to the general area of her back. "Burn grafts, I know you want to know Cliff but won't ask, for fear of getting in over your head. And I appreciate that, so I'll tell you this much. I got badly burned up in my timeline, and as a result had to undergo a serious amount of grafting to prevent full on scarring. And that's where the fear of fire comes from." Cliff nodded at the information, and Rinaa's insight into her thought process.

Elliott wasn't the only one who groaned, so did Kay and Fia. The two of them watched as John bantered with Elliott over it and both equally laughed and rolled their eyes at what was being said. "that's if John ever had a brain to begin with to drop" Kay smirked. Fia laughed at the comeback and knew if there was a mic, she'd have done the whole 'mic drop' action. "She's got him there!" Fia giggled. Kay just laughed at Fia's reaction, getting the feeling this banter was something she was used to seeing.

Like always Kay never meant what she said when it came to giving digs to John, it was how they were like with Chas and Elliott and it somehow worked for them. The banter definitely helped to take her mind off what she had to tell John in private for the time being which she was silently thankful for. "Taking of Jack Sparrow though, you two missed this one playing 'hes a pirate' on the new violin earlier. A damn perfect rendition of it too" Kay told John and Elliott, gesturing at Fia.

Despite the fact that Kay and Fia clearly thought they had John cornered, that couldn't be further from the truth. John actually was torn between two different responses. The first was pulling out the pictures of his brain he had from that time he got his brain scanned after being knocked into a coma for a few days, or going a completly different route. He went with the second option, not wanting to bring down the mood with another story of how he nearly died and nearly got others near him killed. "I never claimed I had one in the first place did I?" John smirked, as the others properly thought about the statement and realised that John spent most of his time claiming the exact opposite- that he didn't have a brain and random ideas just entered his consciousness through osmosis or some other form of science bullshit he didn't understand nor cared enough to."You have a point." Elliott conceded.

At Kay's comment, John and Elliott both raised an eyebrow to convey their interest. It was a gesture that the child Elliott had copied from John and it had stuck. It was obvious in the way they tilted their heads, widened their pupils slightly and arched the left eyebrow (always the left eyebrow). Elliott's golden eyes didn't have pupils as such, instead he centre was a significantly darker shade than the rest of his iris. Jay on the other hand had no discernable difference between pupil and iris, it was just one disc of molten silver. "I always wanted to try that, but never got around to it" Elliott remarked.

Seeing the looks on Cal, Cliff and Jay's faces Rinaa added. "Her version of me doesn't have a fear of fire, so the event never happens in her timeline, it's not set in stone, and besides, it's years away from this point, so it's not worth fretting over." "If you say so kiddo. So what's this about violins that they're nattering on about over there?" Jay changed the topic deftly, both out of curiosity and wanting to draw attention away from Rinaa's evident uncomfort.

Kay just shook her head with a smirk when John remarked about never stating he had one. It was indeed a valid point he made. "Ell we're gonna have to try harder" she began saying, after they both mirrored each other in curiosity at how Fia could play the PoC theme perfectly on violin. Hearing that Elliott wanted to always try it made Fia smile, showing she may know something they clearly didn't as it was timeline related. "Yeah I just wanted to show mum and Chas and Rinaa how well the violin crossbow plays as it's made out of metal and demonstrated by playing he's a pirate because it was the first thing that came to mind. Annoyingly neither of them thought to film it to show you so I can play it again when we get back" Fia said.

Kay could see still just how proud she was of the violin and had a feeling Fia wouldn't ever get bored of expressing her love and pride for her talent, which she was highly glad of. She never wanted her kid to be at the point she felt she'd have to apologise for her talent. She guessed John would feel the same way about it too when it came to Fia as it was clear he felt like that with Elliott.

It came as no surprise to anybody that Rinaa didn't think to film it. Though she out of all of them had a legitimate excuse, her hands were full with the mug of drink. The others on the other hand had no such excuse, Chas merely shrugged at Fia's remark, not seeing any need to make any comment on the matter. "It's better that way anyway, we'll get to hear it in person. Phone recordings never sound as good as the real thing." Elliott replied with a smile, he had to admit he was both curious to see Rinaa's work and to hear Fia's talent. John's priorities were the same, but flipped in order of importance. "Very true, and if both your skills are as a good as we think, then I expect we'll be hearing it more than daily anyway."

"The violin is finished, there wasn't much left to do, it was already assembled, it just needed finer sanding down, polishing and coating. The metal looks damn good, though I have to admit I was sceptical about the sound." "Why? Was it purely because of the alloy used, and the way sound waves reverberate through it, or was there some other reason?" Jay inquired, she'd seen Rinaa specs, and had Rinaa explain it to her, finding herself fascinated by the process. "That an dthe fact that it's a cut away violin. The structural shape of a regular violin is far better given all the stress it's going to be under. Cutting big holes in anything is never a good idea." "Touche on that, never understood the point of it myself. And the bike? Any chance to work on that before those two got you kicked out of the lab?"

Kay's excuse for not filming was that she wanted to experience her kid playing without holding a phone in her hand. She just wanted to sit back and enjoy seeing her kid play in person. Kay then nodded at Elliott's reply to it, "see this one gets it" she smiled. Hearing that from the two guys that Fia looked up to so highly made her smile. "Oh definitely! It felt soooo good to play again. For now I got pics of the instrument though" Fia replied, scrolling through to the first of the many photos she took of every angle at the range. She handed Elliott and John the phone, putting it between them so whoever wanted to look first, could.

"On the same wavelength of what Elliott said it is true. Hearing her play in person is way beyond what we saw in those videos John. She's insanely talented, it blew my mind and that was only her sitting down playing, not even seen her do her whole choreography whilst playing thing" Kay commented smiling. Fia actually blushed slightly at the praise she was getting from Kay, she knew she had talent but it still got to her when someone else praised her for it. Considering for years she held a large grudge against Kay for not telling her about her bloodline, bonding with her mother in this timeline made her learn to let go of that grudge.

If this hadn't been the first proper time talking with Fia, Elliott would have made some kind of joke about not over inflating her ego, if she's anything like John it can't end well. But he kept his mouth shut, not wanting to put a foot in anything or accidentally get involved in some future fight, so instead he joined John on smirking at how the two interacted with each other. "I'll take your word on that, but show me when we get back yeah kid? Or tomorrow morning if we end up staying here and eating all night." "Make sure I'm around for it too, I want to hear as well. Though I'm back to jail for a day or so after this meal is over I think. And yep there's a high possibility we'll be here for ages, this is one of those places where you always stay far longer than expected and eat far more than you thought you would. Cal, back me up on this." Elliott raised his voice to get Cal's attention. "This is one of those restraints whet eyou think you can't eat another bite, then the desert menu comes out and somehow you have room." "damn straight it is." Cal replied with a nod.

Rinaa shook her head. "Nope, I didn't even get to touch it when we were in the lab, it was all work on the violin. Once the violin was finished, it needed testing, so we ended up at the music school and the shooting range. I'd only just dropped Fia off at the apartment about half an hour before you called. I was damn near there when Deke phoned. Must have been damn crazy when I agreed to make the violin in the first place." She let out a sigh of annoyance and confusion. Annoyance because she really did want to work on her bike and see if she could get it up and running. And confusion at why she'd even agreed to help in the first place. "You're not crazy, just damn good at what you do, and the engineering side of you was insulted by wrong it was and you couldn't let it go away and fail. I don't have to see your work you have a talent. And if you start trying to object on that point I'll throw you off a roof." Jay added. It was her most frequently used threat, no matter what the timeline and it brought a smile to Rinaa's face. "Good luck with that, you trained me well."

Fia smiled broadly at what John and Elliott said to her. Elliott's words meant the most to her because of how close she was to him in her timeline. If he had made any jabs about inflating Fia's ego she would have just laughed it off and probably gently kicked him under the table with her tongue poking out of flicked a napkin at him. They were close but that didn't mean jabs didn't get exchanged between them. "Deal! It's only right you get to hear it. As I've told these two-" she gestured between John and Kay, "you and me jam together a lot, particularly with one song I wrote" she said, not saying anymore for timeline reasons. But she hoped it meant he'd get the meaning of 'we're super close in my timeline' from that simple statement.

The idea of being in somewhere where you ended up there later than you thought initially didn't come too much of a surprise to Kay, there were a couple of places back on Earth that were like that. Namely the cafe that she took John to for breakfast that one time in Seattle. Mostly because of the atmosphere and knowing everyone. "I know it's utter bollocks before Cliff tells me as such, but I'm still gonna say it- that's a good thing coz I'm eating for two" Kay smirked. It had been a while since she ate a proper sized meal, as her appetite just kept disappearing every time she ate, so she hoped this place would bring it back with the quality of food. She was aware that John had made a mental note on her lack of eating the other day back at the apartment.

Elliott and John could both read through the lines and it made them happy for different reasons. John that the his two kids got on despite the age gap and the fact that one was blood and the other adopted. He wasn't sure if there was going to be tension over that fact or not. He doubted it, since Elliott was an adult and mature enough not to get childishly jealous for the wrong reason, but that thought did linger unpleasantly. It made Elliott happy that he was still a part if Fia's life evn if he had his own kid and was potentially off world for long periods. He and Jay had never discussed future plans as such, still too busy accepting the mutual feelings between them and the fact that in one timeline they have a terminal daughter with some serious trauma and the fact he died. He noticed Leah's name was not mentioned, but that wasn't surprising, given her hesitancy to share her musical talent.

Cliff heard her name and looked up. "That's one of those ambiguous statements. It's all relative. You aren't eating enough for two fully grown adults, you are eating enough for two people, one a fully grown adult, the other a developing miniature. It's not my area of expertise, but I can tell you people with twins or triplets eat more than somebody pregnant with just one child. And you should be glad you aren't a species that gives birth to litters. Or an egg laying species. Both of those are even worse." She explained. Cliff had been known to tell disgusting surgery stories to see if anybody would lose their appetite. Thankfully the food arrived before somebody mad ethe mistake of asking another medical question.

Kay knew that what Fia just said would have made both the blokes in their lives happy. She didn't need a bond or some supernatural link of any kind to know that. She was going to talk more to her brother when Cliff perked up upon hearing her name and going into typical doc mode with her opinions on the whole myth saying about eating for two. Fia being that stereotypical teenager had suddenly a mental image of her mother giving birth to her via the bird laying an egg route and grimmaced. "Eww mental image not wanted!" She remarked, just as the food came to their table. Kay just had the thought of does she give birth to Fia in a hospital, The House or at John's? They didn't even begin to think of the pros and cons to that situation for when it will occur.

Kay chuckled at Fia before she thanked the waiter as per a habit of kindness that she was raised to do as the food was out in front of her, and she noticed how Fia did the same thing which made her smile to herself guessing that was down to how she raised her, or so she hoped. The food did look amazing and Kay wouldn't deny that it felt like a luxury having someone else cook for her for a change and after do the washing up when it came to it. Not that she minded cooking, she did enjoy it, but it was still nice to not have to.

They all laughed (even Rinaa and Jay, albeit not as loudly as everybody else) at Fia's outburst knowing exactly what she was imagining. Cliff was smirking and went to open her mouth to add something, but Cal a intervened. "Clarissa, don't even think about giving us an in depth explanation of the complicated biological mechanics that allows a bipedal mammal or being being if avian nature to give birth through the process of laying an egg." Cal didn't mention any specific species, just outlined the two main groups she was aware of this trait occurring in. Cliff just rolled her eyes, pulling a face at the use of her full name. "Spoilsport." Cliff retorted, sticking out her tongue childishly.

Which prompted a response from Jay in Attili accompanied by a wicked smirk that could only mean she'd made a really inappropriate suggestion. Cal faked throwing a glass at Jay's head, while Rinaa and Cliff flopped backwards in their chairs and tried to not burst a gut laughing. Elliott rolled his eyes "These people are crazy, I'm not related to them." He remarked with a sigh, and a smile that signified how much he was enjoying having everybody together in one place and not fighting. "You're stuck with us anyway." Cliff replied regaining her composure and pushing her hair back into some kind of order. "Or more precisely you'll be stuck with me for life in about two weeks."

"you shouldn't have said anything kiddo, look what you started" Kay laughed, aiming the comment at Fia, whilst gesturing at the reactions of everyone around them. Fia suddenly really regretted opening her mouth so when Cal stopped Cliff going into more in-depth information about avian births, she was more thankful than she could express. She even glanced at Cal with that 'thank you for saving my sanity' look. Seeing Cliff poke her tongue out childishly, it made Fia wonder if it was Cliff she got that habit from or if it was Kay as both had the habit of doing it. Knowing her she probably got it from both of them.

Kay laughed at Elliott's reation complaining that he wasn't related to them even though he was. She recognised that little jab all too well as she used it several times herself, which was even funnier in her situation because technically she wasn't related to her family. "Sadly you are" she pointed out.

Rinaa shook her head in disagreement at Kay's remark. "Her saying nothing wouldn't have stopped it from happening, Cliff would have found a way." Cliff and Cal had been the crazy gay aunts in both Fia and Rinaa's timeline, and they managed to be chill and bend the rules, no matter what planet they were on. Cal gave Fia a look back that said 'no problem, this is fairly normal behaviour for her, I'd be more worried if she wasn't trying to give an anatomy lesson over dinner.' Somehow her face managed to convey the long sentence in one expression. Elliott just rolled his eyes at Kay's remark knowing it was true. "Anywhere know where I can trade these guys in for better models."

Cal just raised an eyebrow and smirked back "snap little brother, snap." In most circumstances being called 'brother' would have sounded either formal, strained or religious, but in this case it worked perfectly, solving the problem of which of Elliott's names to use. Though she had used the term when he was younger. Jay just tutted, her tongue clicking sharply against her teeth. "I think I need to rethink my life choices here." "So do I" Chas nodded vigorously, earning a dig in the ribs from Chas "no backing out now, and besides I am the godfather of your kid, so I'll be around like a bad smell." "Accurate description of John in all aspects."

"but it would have taken just that bit longer" Kay countered to Rinaa's comment. Fia knew what the both of them were like which is why she always turned to Cal when Cliff said things like she just did. She could always count on Cal to reel in Cliff. She knew exactly what she was conveying across to her bad simply have that nod. Kay smirked at Elliott rolling his eyes at her remark and asking to trade in for better models that was followed by that chuckle that sounded like a scoff. She would have said something back but Cal and Chas beat her to it and agreed with the comment by aiming it at Elliott and John.

Kay and Fia both laughed at Elliott saying what an accurate description of John, John just gave himself, not even being able to disagree with it. Not that anyone would could disagree to such a statement. "Here here to that one Ell" Kay replied with a smirk. "John is like that fleck of dirt you constantly remove but always somehow manages to come back and cling to you" Kay jokingly retorted. "And yet you chose that mother dearest" Fia chimed in, "touché kiddo.... touché" Kay replied.

"I'm not a fleck of dirt" John protested before adding. "I'm the whole bloody field." "See what I mean about him and holes?" Chas turned to Cal, Cliff and Jay for support on his earlier comments. Between the banter, all around the table had found an opportunity to start their dishes, or in the case of Rinaa and Jay, start stealing bits of each others. They'd ordered the same dish, a massive rack of ribs done in barbecue sauce with various spices, but they didn't let that the small detail stop them. "it's certainly one way of dealing with problems or a bad choice of words." "Can't say I haven't done the same thing myself at some point, arguing in circles is....was practically a competitive sport where I grew up."

"And I raise a toast, to the bad decisions in my life, the ones made with the friendly advice of alcohol, the circular arguments that were my staple, the acid tongue that broke my nose, the bar counter arguments, the game controllers flung at the wall. But most of all to the situations I was too stubborn to take the way way out. To those I raise a toast."
Rinaa added, delivering the words with a conviction and a definite beat that said she hadn't just come up with these words off the top of her head. Realising what she said, her ears reddened dramatically. "It's a song lyric from my time, nothing important, just a bit of an ear worm." She explained, when everybody turned with curious expressions. Though she left out the part that it was actually one of her own lyrics.

Kay rolled her eyes at John's protest that was incredibly backwards. Only John could insult himself even more to try and defend himself. "Oh i never doubted you earlier Chas" Kay commented. "John is the only one I know who could insult himself even more as a way to defend himself" she commented, pointing her fork toward John in the process in between mouthfuls of eating her food. "And I hate to tell you Chas, but he don't change in that aspect" Fia added, all in between when Cal and Jay were talking as well in the conversation.

Like the others, Kay and Fia were both looked toward Rinaa curiously when she started talking, before nodding at her explanation of it being related to a song from her time. It reminded Kay of another song she knew of from Halestorm called 'here's to us' and now she thought about it the song was pretty accurate to this group of theirs. "Reminds me of a track called 'heres to us' by Halestorm. If you've not heard it I recommend you do, they're a pretty bad ass band with a badass female vocalist" Kay commented.

Chas sighed. "That doesn't surprise me, he's always been like that." It was an igneous method, most didn't know how to deal with somebody who directed the insults at themselves, espescially in a pub with a fight brewing and far too many pints knocked back. Then Chas smiled, adding "I'd make him change back if he did. It wouldn't be the same." John raised his glass "cheers for that, I'd do the same if you stopped being the sensible reliable one out of us." Chas raised his glass in a mock toast,clinking it against John's glass before the two men took a swig in unison "cheers." It was a well practiced synchronised gesture, usually seen when they feel back on John's couch or somewhere in the House after a particularly exhausting night.

Rinaa considered the song name before slowly nodding. "I think I've heard it, not quite sure." She finally answered, but it was clear there was more she want saying. "I call bullshit on that kid." Cliff leaned forwards, a glint in her eyes, sensing that this was a matter she could push on. "I sang it once. Karaoke night, it wasn't what I wanted to sing, but the songs were decided by audience vote, and I got out voted." She shrugged. "That a regular thing?" Cal asked. "Officially, it never happened, we spend the government's money on proper scientific research and not an underground rave party-slash-karaoke night." "And unnoficially?" Cliff asked with a smirk. "Fuck the government, let's have some fun that the adults in our life would claim to disapprove of, but are secretly jealous of."

Last edited:
Kay was never put off or taken aback by John's way of insulting himself to protect himself. It wasn't the first time she heard him do it after all, Kay had gone through a phase of doing it herself, but unlike John, she outgrew it for the most part. If she did ever do it it was a sure sign she was in a very bad place mentally and it warranted a lot of watching over her. Luckily, none of her new group had witnessed that from her so far, and that was something she was determined to keep that way, as she never wanted John, Elliott or Chas to find her in that state. She smirked at their chinking of glasses agreeing to change each other back if they ever did change.

When Rinaa replied with what she did, Kay knew she was lying, as did Fia because she knew for a fact that her Leah had heard said song, so figured Rinaa must have done as well. Both girls smiled at the story as it was told it came about on one of the trips she took on government money. "Just like the time you went to SDCC?" Kay asked with a smirk, remembering that story that was told well.

Rinaa nodded, slightly surprised that she'd remembered that particular story, but it was a dramatic one and had caught everybody's interest at the time. "Yup, except this time it was in the lab basement, and partially my idea." There was a very slight 'blink and you miss it' twinge of pride in her voice. "You're a right rebel aren't you?" Cliff smirked. "That's probably from Jay, moreso than me, not that I haven't done stuff like that in A.J's, but doing it on the governments money takes it up a notch." Elliott was praising her for what she'd done, but in a more subtle way, as he knew she wasn't used to it. "Any photos?" Cal asked, crossing her fingers infer the table in the hope that there were and Rinaa was willing to share.

"There's a few I think, though they are kinda grainy and I didn't take any of them, so the shite photography is one somebody else." Rinaa explained, unlocking her phone and scrolling through her gallery, which seemed to consist mainly of encrypted albums. Finding the right one, she skimmed over the photos before passing them over to Cal, Cliff, Elliott and Jay, while John and Chas leaned over noisily. The photos were grainy, as warned, but they could make out the large, high ceiling of the room. The people there ranged from about fifteen to twenty one. Most were shots of the general choas with the singers in the background. But the better ones focused on just the singers, including a couple of Rinaa with her hair dyed blue, pulled back in a ponytail, signing into the mike as if her life depended on it.

The look of surprise on Rinaa's face didn't go unnoticed to Kay. She always wondered why people were so surprised that she would remember what people told her, she's always been open about being observant and the like, so the looks of surprise always baffled her. When Rinaa said the only difference was that it was in an lab basement, Kay just nodded. She listened to everyone talk about this little topic, and let the others all look at the photos that Rinaa was willing to show them.

Fia looked over briefly but didn't pay too much attention to them, she was too busy eating after being so hungry for so long. Kay also ate, only truly now realising how hungry she was, having not really eaten all day apart from the bits of toast that Fia made her during the morning and a single brownie in the afternoon.

"You're right about the photography, it is shite" Cal agreed, before adding "Not that I could take a better photo myself to be honest." Rinaa found herself smiling at that, it wasn't that Cal was shite at photography, it was that she was average by the standards of everybody. "So, can you remember what you were singing in this picture?" Elliott asked, flicking to one of the photos of Rinas singing. "My money is on Avicii." He added, earning an utterly stereotypical teenager response from Rinaa that made John laugh as he'd been the receiving end of Elliott asking that same question for years. "Why?" "Because one, Avicii is the staple of every karaoke night ever and two, Jay has an entire playlist of Avicii, guilty pleasure sort of thing." Jay just shrugged and continued eating with an amused smile.

Rinaa had a similar expression of amusement on her face, before nodding. "Half right, there was Avicii that night. There's always Avicii, and ended up doing a group rendition of 'The Nights'. It went pretty much as bad as you can imagine, but what do you expect from a group of nerdy teenagers who can actually sing but couldn't be arsed and would prefer to do embarrassing dance moves across the stage and fall over the mic cords?" "Classy" Jay remarked, seeing that Rinaa was finally opening up about something, and all it had taken was a food bribe. "Oh very, it's like something out of a bloody Jane Austen novel. And as for what I sang solo, I don't quite remember, it was one of the more recent Bond songs, either 'Skyfall' or 'The Writings On The Wall'."

Kay and Fia both just half listened to the conversation at first. But when John laughed at Rinaa asking why, it made them properly listen. Rinaa properly interacting with the lot of them due to this particular topic made both girls briefly glance at each other before focusing back on the chatter. For Kay hearing stories of Rinaa's karaoke nights honestly brought back memories of those nights out with Sam, most linked to the photos she had shown John all that time ago.

Fia was more used to seeing this of Rinaa in her own Leah, so it all felt a lot more familiar to her now Rinaa was opening up. Yet she was also surprised because she had been witnessing the closed off side of Rinaa too. Both of them though found the song choices surprising as neither would have put Rinaa one for the Bond themes. "interesting choices" Kay commented.

Rinaa knew that it may seen like a surprising choice of song for her, she wasn't quite sure what they'd expected her to sing, punk maybe? or metal? Which she did sing, but Rinaa sang a much broader range of songs than people would imagine. Those particular songs she had named were right up her alley. They were powerful and designed to be sung with emotion, which allowed Rinaa to vent. Plus she had a thing for dramatic songs with a story to them. "I'll try anything once, except musicals, I'm steering as far clear of those as I can." Rinaa replied with a shrug. She point blank refused to sing anything from a musical or a Disney movie, Leah too. Both would "rather plunge this spoon into my socket than sing those.

"Good choice on that. Bonds definetely a btetr option, though if we're talking spy movies, Mission Impossible all the way." Elliott agreed with Rinaa on her choice of what not to sing, which made the teenager smile slightly."On that's there's no contest, Mission Impossible is far better, plus Benji the tech guy." "A powerful song means a powerful voice that's what they say." Jay spoke raising a pointed eyebrow at Rinaa. "Something like that yeah. But they also say the exception to the rule proves the rule is there." Two could play at the game of speaking through proverbs and wise sayings . "And 'they' also say getting shat on by a bird is good luck, so I wouldn't pay attention to any proverbs." "Except the Isogrii ones?" Rinaa inquired innocently. "Except the Isogrii ones."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back