• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Chas took the violin carefully and flipped it around to inspect the work from all angles. He (like basically everybody else) in their gang knew practically nothing about violins. But he could tell that the workmanship was second to none. He could barely make out the joints where the pieces were joined together. The finish was beautifully smooth and the polished metal gave off a shine under the lights. While he inspected the instrument, Rinaa dealt with the praise coming at her from all sides. She was used to hearing such things from Chas, but not Fia. Her opinion was slowly changing as she saw just how different things should have been, but her first instinctual thought was 'what kind of mind games is she playing?' But Rinaa remembered that this was a different timeline and instead just shrugged.

"Maybe they will, either that or it'll be something utterly stupid to take the piss." "You've got a point there." Chas nodded, knowing that all it would take is one stupid joke name to start a competition for coming up with the most ridiculous. Though he didn't doubt that somebody would, eventually hit on the right name. "It's not the most mad arse idea I've ever heard." Rinaa shrugged, scratching the side of her neck, just below the hairline. "And considering the design already exist as a nonfunctional it's not a massive leap to make it work."

Fia saw him inspect it, despite knowing nothing about the instrument, she knew the curiosity of seeing the craftsmanship would be there with Chas. She saw how Rinaa just shrugged at the talk about finding a name for it from Kay. She knew why Rinaa was still very distant from Kay, but she had hoped that Rinaa would have seen how different Kay was to her timeline, just like she was seeing the difference with her. It still made her a little sad that Rinaa couldn't at least try, or at least that's how it seemed to her.

"True, it's not the most mad arse idea, but it's one of my personal mad arse ideas. Mostly because until you came along, I was losing hope it'd be plausible" she replied to Rinaa's comment. She saw how much Chas was marvelling at how it shined in the light and how smooth the finish was, which made her smile. "You should hear it played, the metal gives it this amazing ethereal sound. Never played a violin like it!" She beamed. "It's good to see you so excited about something Fia. So go on then..if you're gonna boast about it, prove it to us" Kay commented with a smirk.

In Rinaa's mind any creation, now matter how crazy should be given a chance, to even if its potential could be reached. If it wasn't the instigator of the idea that created it, then somebody else would, building on what had gone before them. It was how progress was made. No matter how hard you try, sometimes somebody else's eye was necessary to release the true capability. Rinaa had been on both sides, coming up with the idea and helping realise somebody else's. It was one of the many things she loved about engineering and mechanics. "Every idea is possible, maybe not in the time of its inception, but at some point in the future. An idea survives beyond the mortal." When she spoke she sounded far older than the biological seventeen years old she actually was.

"Did you also study philosophy as a third degree option you aren't telling us about? Or are deep thoughts like that just a hidden talent? It's not the first time you've said something profound in my presence." Chas asked, honestly not sure which way the answer would fall. "I didn't, sure I've read some of the Greek greats, the old Isogrii legend and philosophical texts and these texts written by some race that's supposedly immortal. Its not really my thing, but it made me think differently." She shrugged, finishing her spiel just as Fia and Kay began theirs about Fia demonstrating the violin. Rinaa made her way to the fridge and pulled out a drink (the non-alcoholic kind).

Chas wasn't the only one who noted how mature and wise Rinaa sounded yet again in her little speech about ideas and creations. Both Kay and Fia noted it as well, yet Fia wasn't as phased by it compared to Chas and Kay as she was used to hearing such things from her Leah. It was rare for Fia to hear it but she did get it every now and then, hell there were times when Fia needed to vent to someone her age and Leg was the only one she had, so Leah did help her let her vent and help with her opinion on certain matters. Like everything between the two of them, those moments were rare but it did show they got on relatively well.

"Sure" Fia replied to Kay, never being shy to play in front of people she knew. Taking the violin from Chas, she grabbed the bow and placed the violin under her chin, remaining seated so she wouldn't prance around the apartment as Rinaa went to grab a drink. She took a few seconds just to figure out what play before deciding on a little something. She knew everyone would recognise it instantly by the first few chords and it was a silly little tune she decided to learn when she first was learning the violin. It was a cover she just loved to play for the fun of it and the laughs.

The moment it started Kay recognised it and actually laughed, bug seeing seeing her future kid play so pitch perfectly, impressed her in more ways she could express. It was one thing seeing a video of her playing, it was something else seeing it in person and wished the others, particularly John and Elliott could be here to witness it. She also understood what Fia was talking about about it having a ethereal feel to the sound quality.

()

All instantly recognised the opening knowing exactly what it was that Fia was playing. The series was iconic and Rinaa loved it for the spectacular fight cinematography and the lore. But the music alone was also powerful, particularly the main theme. It would be a toss up between The Curse of the Black Pearl and At World's End for the best soundtrack album. Rinaa was known to listen to the soundtrack while working or studying. In Fia's timeline Leah had created a spoof set of lyrics for the song Fia was playing, but was stubbornly refusing to sing it in the presence of family claiming that 'they aren't anything good, it's just a random jumble of words that kind of fit the tune. And besides, adding singing would only make it worse, so stop pressing for it to happen'. Music was the one thing Leah would never rise to the bait to be competitive in.

Rinaa had only rarely heard her Fia playing, and tended to stay off the roof when she was. Despite everything she couldn't deny that both versions had an incredible talent and made the most of it. But she was more jealous of the ability to be able to spontaneously play in front of family and not pass out. It was probably something to do with music being in her bloodline, but Rinaa couldn't say for sure, she was no expert on the matter. As she listened from her spot the fingers of one hand could be seen tapping in beat against the countertop. Chas was also impressed, smiling as he listened, he didn't need to know too much about violins to hear that Fia had a gift for her chosen instrument. He knew the piece pretty well and could tell it had been modified slightly from the original which was of course designed for a full orchestra as opposed to a soloist.

Fia only intended to play a few chords to prove her claim on its sound, but as per always, she got into it and just played the whole thing. She couldn't help herself as she did love playing the theme song. It was just one of those fun tunes to play and it did hold memories of her learning to play, winding up everyone in the apartment as she first learned. Most kids would have tried for something a lot more simple, and although she did start with basic chords, she just went straight into this for a first song. She was determined to throw herself into the deep end when she was a kid, and that traist has never gone away. She was aware of Rinaa tapping her fingers to the beat and she smiled.

The confident behaviour of being able to play in front of people did come from her bloodline but she did have her moments of stopping dead in her tracks if she was caught when she first learned or first started thinking ''oh now I can play, let's dance whilst playing!' because she thought it was a fun idea at the time. She got embarrassed but her Leah never knew that about her. She was always made to believe it just came naturally to her, and Fia didn't really think to correct her on it. When she finished playing, she put the violin down onto her lap smiling proudly. "Well damn...I really do get a talented kid" Kay said.

For Rinaa her path to learning guitar was completly different to of the Leah Fia knew. It had started when she found Jay sitting on the room, tuning Jack's guitar and Elliott's old one (which John had let her keep). Until that day Rinaa had never seen them, only knowing Jay's own guitar and found herself fascinated by the pair. Jay explained the story behind each of them and seeing her daughters interest began to teach her. Singing was something Rinaa had gotten into by herself through a mix of experimentation and listening to Elliott and Jay's old tracks. Music for Rinaa was something that let her connect with the people she'd never known (and don't think she ever would).

"I don't think there ever was any doubt about that." Chas remarked, gearing the parental pride in Kay's voice. It was something he was all too used to hearing in John's voice when he spoke of Elliott and in his and Renee's when they spoke of Trish. Rinaa made no comment, it simply wasn't her style, nor would she really know what to say if she was to speak. She was damn impressed, but it was a double edged sword that brought her old doubts with bubbling to the surface. Some part of her deep down that she and Fia weren't comparable, but it had also seemed to her like Fia was the standard to beat or match. Instead she slung her shoulderbag across her body and made for the door. "If the others ask where I am, I'm at Deke's working on the bike and picking up some stuff from him."

In both timelines Fia never wanted to be compared with Rinaa/Leah. Rinaa's Fia may have been a bully toward Rinaa but there was a time when she was just thrown into the comparing the two of them in the same way that Rinaa was and she didn't want that. It just so happened as she grew up, she took a turn for the worst mentally. This Fia never grew out of the compassionate mentality and she hated it if anyone compared the two of them of if Leah ever got niggling feelings of feeling like she had to like Fia. In Fia's eyes, she was just Fia, the loner kid that only had her skills in magic and music to keep her sane and in a weird sense, company. She never saw herself better than Leah, and she certainly didn't see herself better than Rinaa. The exact opposite was the truth.

Kay nodded at Chas' words with a smile. She figured he was right considering both teenagers were brought up by and round very talented people in a wide range of skills and topics. It had to be obvious really they would gain great talent in something or the other. "sure thing kiddo, want any food set aside for you for later or you gonna eat out?" Kay replied to Rinaa, showing some kind of family-esque concern. Fia knew this was trip of Rinaa's was planned, so she just nodded and waved via a flick of her hand off the side of her forehead (and habit she unknowingly picked up from Kay) to say 'catch ya later' to her.

Chas knew full well that nobody could stop Rinaa from coming and going as she pleased. Cliff had given her the spare key for that exact purpose. He also knew that Rinaa was only telling them her intentions so that they'd pass it on to the people who really needed to know- Jay, Elliott, Cal and Cliff. So he just nodded at her words. "Enjoy yourself kiddo and tell Deke I say hi, he's a pretty cool dude. Gives off a kind of Angus Macgyver crossed with Doc Brown vibe." Rinaa smirked at that. "Accurate, he's already got the crazy hair and could totally make a time travelling deLorean." She paused then added. "He does figure out time travel, so he's already well over halfway there."

Rinaa then turned and adressed Kay's question. "I'm eating out. But knowing my crazy metabolism, I'll eat any leftovers in the middle of the night, so do whatever." She shrugged as if it was nothing, but she did enjoy eating Kay's cooking. Rinaa knew full well that she wouldn't turn down any leftovers and would definetely be eating something late at night. "Any time I should say you'll be back at?" Rinaa shook her head. "Unless there's some kind of emergency at this end, in which case I'll teleport back here as fast as possible, don't expect me back for at least three or four hours. Though it could be considerably longer, you mightn't see me til tomorrow morning if plans change."

"got it, I'll keep something back for you in the fridge" Kay told her just before she replied to Chas' question. She'd knew about Rinaa's metabolic and her own habit of cooking way more than was needed because people she's known over the years not knowing what a normal portion size means. She let Chas ask her what time the others should expect her back, only go get a typical answer that reminded her of what would Elliott would say when he was going out and let her and John know back at the apartment.

As Rinaa was making her way to head out, Fia adjusted her position to lean against the couch's arm rest staring at Kay. It was that typical state that screamed she wanted something but wouldn't outwardly say it. "What do you want?" Kay asked, glancing over at her. "You talking about food is making me hungry" she smirked. "Oh for..." She exhaled, not even finishing that sentence. "Well you can wait" Kay said back at her matching her smirk, making Fia roll her eyes and turning into her back, leaning over the side of the couch, her ponytail hanging off the side. "I'm withering away!" Fia said, feigning weakness of hunger. "You are being over dramatic and I'm starting to question where you're getting that trait from" Kay commented, knowing it isn't from her.

Rinaa didn't make any response to Kay's remark, instead she grabbed the key on the way out and made a sort of 'so long suckers' gesture over her shoulder. Chas rolled his eyes at the answer, he hadn't expected a straight answer to his question, but the parent in him wanted to make an effort with her. He recognised the classic vagueness of it. Rinaa didn't need to have grown up with him to aquire this way of talking, it was coded in her DNA. "That's such an Elliott style answer." He remarked to nobody in particular. They were all thinking it, that much was obvious by their faces. "But at least it shows she's in a good mood."

Chas went to pick up the book when the movement of Fia draping herself across the chair caught his attention. Or more precisely the movement of her ponytail which stood out in stark contrast to the dark green of the couch. The ensuing dialogue was both amusing and entertaining and he found himself chuckling with amusement. The two were extraordinarily alike in ways, but he could also see parts of John in Fia too. Not everybody would notice them, but he knew John and his habits better than almost anybody else. As if John knew he was being thought about a text came in. He read it then conveyed it to the others. "Speaking of food, Elliott, Cal and co are eating out and are asking if we want take away or if Kay's already cooking or are we doing both?"

Kay smirked nodding at Chas' comment about Rinaa's answer being so much like Elliott's. She knew everyone in the room would have been thinking the same thing, and his remark proved that.

Whilst the conversation with her kid was ensuing, she was aware of Chas chuckling and finding it highly amusing that she was practically bickering with her kid. 'well, at least we're being entertaining!' she thought to herself. Both Fia and her were about to continue the little chat when Chas spoke up when a text came in on his phone. From the wording of the message, she deducted it was either John or Elliott texting him. "I love how it's now become a regular enough thing they are even asking if I'm "already cooking"" she laughed. "As for the answer to said question though, I still don't mind cooking something but if you two want take out we can take them up on that offer. Ether way, I'm not spending the next hour or so listening to little miss eat alot here complaining about "withering away"" she smirked, gesturing her thumb towards Fia. " I'm so not miss eat a lot" Fia protested. "Says the girl who stole nearly every brownie on this table earlier" Kay retorted.

"If we get take out then I'll do this one something to tide her over until they get here" Kay said, "so up to you basically Chas" she said one last time.

Chas didn't mind either way, which created a problem for them all. It was clear that Fia would start gnawing at the walls if she wasn't fed soon. He knew that expression well, he'd seen it on Trish and Elliott many times. "Yup well, it is a regular thing at this stage, so at least it shows they're actually thinking of us sods here in the apartment." He replied, glad that Kay didn't interpret it as them taking it or her cooking for granted. They all appreciated it, and he knew damn well that Cal, Cliff or Elliott would willingly cook if Kay didn't want to. "How about this, I'll get them to send a picture of the menu, we'll see what's on offer and make a decision from there."

Chas felt that Fia was taking advantage of Kay in a way, even though Kay was technically her mother. So he figured giving Kay a break of sorts was a good idea. Espescially given that she'd been so sick earlier. Without waiting for a reply he sent the message. Two texts came in after a few minutes. The first was a picture of the menu, the second was from Cal. He laughed and read it out loud. "This is from Cal. "If the other teenager" That's you Fia, Jay's already found out where Rinaa is "is trying to eat the walls from hunger, one of us (probably me) can just teleport over and either bring ye all all to the restraunt or deliver take away to ye. How's that for problem solving?" ." The tone was so like Cal that Chas could just imagine Cliff rolling her eyes as she read her future wife's text.

Kay nodded with a smile having to agree that it did show they hadn't forgotten her, Fia, and Chas were all still back at the apartment. When he gave the idea of telling them to send a pic of the menu, she actually thought it was a good idea of his, not that she ever doubted his ideas. She was going to reply when she saw him replying anyway with no doubt, his idea. She wondered if he was doing it for her benefit or not, due to the moaning being made by Fia wanting more of her cooking. She actually appreciated it in a way, even though she didn't feel like she was being taken advantage of, despite it coming across as such.

When the reply came through from Cal me he read it out loud, she had to laugh at Cal calling Fia out on the hunger status. It was one hell of a idea, she had to hand it to Cal for the problem solving for them. "Sounds like a damn good plan to me. I'd feel bad interrupting the end of their little day, so take out is fine by me. What's on the menu?" Kay replied. She was missing John like crazy, but she also wasn't the type to just get in the way of their family moment either. She was a lot of things but selfish wasn't one of them.

Chas though the solution offered by Cal was perfect. John had sent the text to Chas only, who had explained the situation back in the apartment. John had showed it to the others, at which point Cal took control of the situation and offered her solution to the problem. "Here, both of you have a look at this, they sent a helpful picture, seems to be a grill place, but they do other stuff as well." He passed over the phone, which showed the menu for the place Rinaa had mentioned earlier- The Cats Eyes. The menu had a stylised border of cats drawn with a sort of smoky effect so they seemed to wrap around the edge of the menu and melt into one another. As Chas had said they specialised in charcoal grilled food and slow roasted ribs, but they had other dishes as well.

Kay may have qualms about interrupting the end of what was probably a long and emotional day, but Chas had no such problem. He didn't mind being stuck indoors, but he found himself craving fresh air and wanted to see how Elliott was doing. "Well I don't feel bad interrupting them at all, I want to see how Ell's doing after all of this. It can't have been easy....... Also if I remember correctly this restraunt is part of Elliott's past, owned by a friend of their mother......or something like that. They used to go there a lot, both as a family and alone. So I'm guessing eating there is a deliberate fuck you to the past. Or I could be reading too much into it."

When Chas passed over the phone with the photo of the menu, Kay took it which made Fia sit up (as well as the fact she was getting light headed from having her head tipped upside down for so long), and look over Kay's shoulder at the menu as well. The selection did look good to both the women, and both could easily find something they'd pick. As they were both looking it over, Kay listened to what Chas was saying about not having any qualms in interrupting the group and involving himself.

When Chas said his theory, this made Fia look up. "It is, Rinaa was telling me about it earlier that it was a childhood place they went to all the time and definitely a deliberate stop over." She replied. "Makes sense to be honest and their menu does look good. Could easily go for their grilled chicken dish right now. Must admit, I could do with getting out of the apartment, even if I would feel bad about inserting myself. I'm curious to how Ell is too" Kay added in response. It was her way of saying she missed John, without saying it. She didn't want to come over sentimental, but even if she did she would just blame her hormones and deny it.

Chas nodded when Fia confirmed his theory. He was pretty sure he'd been thinking of the right place, but he didn't want to ask the question over text and put his foot in it was he wrong. "I was thinking that, just not 100% sure if I was thinking of the right place, and asking that would be a bit awkward. But if Rinaa says it is the place, then I'll belive her. She did partially grow up here, so it only stands to rights that she'd know this city and significant places better than we would." He knew Fia hadn't been to Attil before, if she hadn't been out of London, then there was no way she'd have been to Attil. It made him wonder what kind of relationship future Elliott had with his birth planet in her timeline. Did he visit there a lot? Had he made peace with his father or was that one wound that would never be healed? Did Cal and Cliff make it easier and visit Earth instead? Or did they just pick and planet and meet up there, like the way some families would meet up in a different country? So many questions, which were better off left unanswered for now.

"I think if Ell's up for eating here, then he's coping well with everything. If he wasn't doing well I'd say they'd just have come straight back here. And besides, it's been reiterated quite a few times now, but this will hurt for a while and then hell have closure. As for the rest of them, I'm guessing it will help them to understand too. But I'm no psychologist." Chas replied, knowing that Kay's priorities went beyond Elliott. He scanned down the English version, John had 'helpfully' decided to sent over three different versions of the menu, in English, Attili and some weird script consisting of curving runes that Chas didn't recognise. Even if Elliott was just going to the restraunt with a group in order to make peace and associate it with memories of different people, Chas couldn't deny that they had some damn good options. "Their menu does look really good, I can see quite a few things I'd like."

Fia nodded at Chas' reply. She may not have ever visited Attil but having Rinaa tell her the little tidbits of information clearly proved useful in this instance. In her timeline Elliott had only briefly told her about his past here, figuring she didn't really need to know, but he had told her stories of the place before and it's scenery, along with the help of Cal and Cliff who had visited from time to time which made her happy because in a found about manner, both of them were sort of her sisters as well. Cliff as an in law and Cal through her being Elliott's blood sister.

She could tell Chas would have questions about Elliott and Attil knowing the fact she'd had never left London. Yet she also knew she couldn't just tell him everything because she really didn't want to mess anything up anymore than probably was already happening in her timeline. Kay knew none of them needed to be a psychologist to know what Chas said was in fact the truth. She had also noticed when she scrolled through the menus that John had sent them in three different languages and wondered why, but she just put it down to John being John. "Yeah. Well, if you tell them we'll join them, I better get changed" she smirked, realising she had been in her lounge wear of oversized shirt and leggings all day because of how she felt in the morning.

The multiple menus was just John being John and poking fun at the fact that none of the Earth-based group knew the third language or were able to understand it. Chas however did know Attili and found he had decent gist of what was on offer, but having the English menu was far more beneficial as Kay and Fia wouldn't have to rely on his translating (which could potentially be laced with errors). The restraunt had some great looking dishes, almost too many to choose from so out of interest Chas texted back asking for recommendations. The responses were varied, each seemingly having their own opinion on what the greatest dish was. He could practically hear them bickering over it outside the restraunt and it made him smile.

Chas nodded at Kay's realisation. He hadn't noticed either, and he doubted anybody would really care one way or another. "I'll tell them that." He texted back, relieved that Cliff had asked Deke to adapt all their phones for the Attili communication network. And that Cal had given them a long list of useful numbers to programme in. They included her and Cliff's personal numbers, work numbers, emergency burner numbers and a couple of useful people who they were only to contact in an emergency. "Cal says they'll get a place and she'll teleport over in about five minutes or so once it's settled."

Kay was glad she wasn't like Chas and could only find one dish that really stood out to her to have, Fia found two possible dishes she could easily go for, which was a different chicken dish to what caught Kay's eye and a vegetable dish. Fia was also used to John just being a smart ass by doing stupid stuff like throwing in an untranslatable piece whether it be an old scripture, book or anything else. It was one reason why she learned the communication rune and spell, so she could be a smart ass back. The menu instance made her wish she could have activated that rune, understood it and then replied back in the same rune language just to be arse back at him. Yet she couldn't.

Kay nodded at him letting them know she'd just change and put some shoes on first, she waited for him to get an answer, and when he said Cal would be over in five minutes she got up, walked to the bedroom she had with John and changed her shirt to her baggy vest with the low cut sides she had, and pulled on her boots, deciding to keep her leggings on for comfort around her small baby bump. She ran a brush through her hair just to tidy it up, put a bit of eyeliner on to look more alive and grabbed her jacket, putting it on but leaving it undone. She walked back to the living room to see Fia putting her boots back on, as Kay perched on the arm rest of the couch.

Chas didn't feel the need to get changed, and even if he wanted to, he'd moved a decent portion of his belongings to the forge as it was agreed he'd be staying there for the foreseeable future. Chas figured that his attire of dark jeans, dark t-shirt and boots with the leather jacket thrown over would be passable. He knew that the restraunt in question wasn't overly fancy and didn't have any dress code requirements, and given the weather and numbers, they would more than likely be sitting outside. He, like the others pulled on his boots, and waited for the arrival of Cal, scrolling through the recommendations of the others.

As Kay sat herself down, Cal chose that exact moment to materialise on top of the coffee table. It started as a faint glow which bulged outwards in a bright flash (not the blinding kind), and when it cleared away Cal was there. The teleporting device had a few kinks to work out, as Rinaa could attest to, having being a test subject while Deke fixed some of them. Most of the time she materialised on the carpet, but today, the coffee table was her landing pad. "Hey. Is everybody ready then? We've put together some tables to fit all if us around." She replied, climbing down from the coffee table as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Yep, I think we're all good to go. Should we go individually or does thing do groups?" "As it's only short distance, this device can carry all of us at once, but for safety, I'd rather do it individually if that's cool."

Kay was prepared to be wait a couple of minutes as she was aware despite all she did, she didn't take that long at all, but as it turned out she used that full five minutes judging by Cal's arrival the moment she perched against the couch. She pushes herself off the couch again, when Chas asked if they'd all go together or one at a time. She remembered last time they all managed to go together, but back then she wasn't well and truly pregnant, so she could only imagine with the addition of the few kinks that needed sorting out, it probably wasn't the best thing to have them all go together, like Cal said, for safety.

"Fine with me to go one at a time" Kay replied, and Fia also nodded in agreement to signal she was fine with going one a time also. Neither of the girls minded who went first as they weren't the traditional 'women and children first' kind of people so didn't feel entitled to call shotgun on going before Chas if it came to that. "Whose going first then?" Fia asked, pulling her jacket on, not because she wanted it but because of her arms being so heavily covered in the runes. Though every part of her wanted to pull up the sleeves to the elbow.

Cal was partially enforcing this policy as Kay was pregnant. She sure as hell didn't want to responsible for anything going wrong. The technology was sufficiently advanced to be safe for pregnant people, but better safe than sorry. Seeing that nobody was volunteering, instead waiting for somebody to take the plunge Cal took matters into her own hands. "If nobody's gonna make a call then I'll do tallest to smallest." It was a joke back from when and Elliott were younger. Being four years older, she had the height advantage all her childhood, but while on Earth her brother had grown and overtaken her by a couple of centimetres.

The tallest was Chas, so he stood up. "You know the drill, it needs contact to work." She told them, mainly for Fia's benefit, not sure if she'd know. Cal placed a hand on his shoulder and they vanished in a flash of light. Cal reappeared, gestured for the next person and once they were ready they vanished and then Cal returned the last time. The chosen tables were crammed together outside on the roof terrace. The restraunt was located on one of the upper tiers of the hollowed mountain, giving a view over the military base and the comings and goings from the space sport. There were five empty chairs (one of which was next to Cliff and had been claimed by Cal). Chas had headed over to John and Elliott (who was still wearing the make-up and wig) to catch up and Jay was texting somebody.

With the decision made for them that Chas would go first as he was indeed the tallest, both Kay and Fia watched as Cal took Chas to the restaurant first. Being the second tallest, Kay was up next so she walked round from the back of the couch and over to Cal when she returned, and let Cal place her hand on her shoulder as she did with Chas. In a blink of an eye she was gone and appeared at the restaurant, seeing everyone else there as Cal went back and brought Fia over. She saw Chas go over to John and Elliott to the free seat there, so she decided to take one of the seats that was opposite John. "Hey, how you both doing?" she said to the two of them, not knowing what else to say. Any other day and she would have said 'how was your day out?' but it wasn't that type of day for them so she kept quiet on most questions.

When Fia appeared, she took the seat next to Kay opposite Elliott, which by sheer fluke was usually her chosen seat if they ever went out for a meal (which was rare) as it meant she could discreetly fuck around with Elliott across the table. Not that it was ever that discreet because Kay and John knew what they were doing but a lot of the time said nothing and let them get on with it.

Luckily there was nobody else on the roof terrace or the would most certainly have been questions about the sudden appearance of people. The teleportatuon device Cal owned wasn't technically available for commercial buying, it was still technically a prototype. The commercially available tech was much larger and had a more 'beam me Scotty" feel to it. But nobody in their posse was phased by this, they'd all seen it before in some shape or form. John and Elliott looked upon on hearing Kay's voice and then looked at each other to see who should speak first. The result of the string was Elliott speaking up first.

"Short answer? It's been a long day, far longer then I imagined it to be. Long answer, a mixture of mentally tired, physically tired, starving, sad, happy, relieved I've seen it all, nostalgic after seeing it all, questioning how life could have been different, what life could have been like if I'd stayed here. A large jumble of emotions, but I feel better for doing it all. Though I'll be up all night thinking when I'm back in the cell, but that's nothing new." John nodded in agreement with all Elliott said. "Sounds about right for Ell. Don't think I quite knew what I signed myself up for, but there was a lot to take in. Some of the places werent what I imagined, at all. But it's a pretty cool city overall. Different to Earth, but that's just the landscape really."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back