• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Into the east ooc

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Details about St. Coraline
  • Hmm, I think I have an idea now. Also, I know what it's like in the first post you made, but what's the state of St. Caroline? Like, I guess the look of the city.

And I'll reply in a few hours tho cause it's like, 4 am and I need some sleep.
    I'm a night owl and don't expect people to post now lol. You'll also see why I don't make a description for each place, as it would be maddening to do it all at once. However here is an overview of what the place is like.St. Coraline is actually supposed to be a secret,but I can describe its basic features. Whether or not they remain the same as before the darkness is up to you and your fellow players to find out. However if you do choose to start here, I will amend my plans accordingly. :3

So here's the gyst of Saint Coraline, it is a hilly town which stretches perhaps 30 miles in diameter. It's walled off by walls made of granite bricks the size which each one individually is 6 feet high and 12 feet long. The walls are roughly 100 feet high and would have had guards patrolling atop the wall at all hours of the day. There are 4 entries into the walled city, one at each entrance.

North is the backdoor for the church, heavily guarded and not open to the public or foreign governments. The eastern and southern entrances are open to the public and can be accessed until sundown. All others must make camp outside of the walls in the towns auiduin, lorne and manchester. They may also camp,but run the risk of being inspected by government patrols. The eastern entrance is strictly controlled and closed off the public,but it's due to its nature as being the trade port. Only those with official merchant licenses may come and go. Even then one must present their paper work at every entrance and exit of the gate. And the head merchant must be in attendance of the unloading of the goods brought in so they can be held accountable. Any sign of funny business and the inquisitors will destroy the goods. People have died trying to be sneak into St. Coraline using the cargo of merchant ships. Although innocence is presumed until one is found guilty. However that doesn't prevent the liberal use of force when necessary.

Sitting atop the tallest hill is the church from which Father Carlos, the people's champion, gives his sermons. Worship is daily, with Sunday being the longest service. The lower rungs of the city are where the peasants, workers, and lower merchants all reside, business, houses and all. Atop the hills are where the aristocrats and higher government officials reside. The higher the hill, the higher the status. St. Coraline has certain levels of corruption despite appearing to be a pious city. Rumors of people disappearing for speaking out are so common, most don't pay attention to them until it affects them directly. There are brothels as well, which serve the knights to keep them in check and gambling that is outlawed,but unofficially allowed to exist for a fee. Vice is strong here as it is everywhere else, but it is hidden from visitors and the masses, who try to not pay any mind to the debauchery.

Its people are highly religious, devout to their leader and faith. They are a people who struggle with their morality like any other, but are particularly prone to condemn others for witchcraft and sorcerery. They are an ignorant people and attribute actual magic to the likes of gives given by Amon, the progener of light. All life almost ceases to function within the city as darkness falls. It is considered the time when evil comes out, thus its peoples have a deeply ingrained fear of the dark.

There are fields of crops growing to the west in auiduin. There are no paved streets, but rather dirt roads. Most houses are made from hey and low grade wood. The church and noblity are made of Marble. There is a bell that tolls every hour. It tolls 3 times when meal time is upon everyone. 4 times to wake up and start the day and 5 times to end the day. Festivals only come once a year. The likes of which were set to happen soon.

Gm Request
  • FireMaiden FireMaiden Evil_Mercy Evil_Mercy The Dark Creator The Dark Creator Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Astralworks Astralworks

I'd like everyone from this point forward to use this map in order to place themselves somewhere on St. Coraline. I noticed a few posts which were vague and lacking in at least using landmarks to their advantage. So please use at least one part of the map to at least mark yourselves in your posts. It helps me keep track of you and introduce events based on where you're at. Thank you for your consideration. I don't like making requests of my players, especially when they've been exceeding my expectations. But before things get out of hand and we need to start editting, I'd like to amend this problem by simply using the map from this point forward. (:
    MQgK4oI.jpg

GM challenge
  • post that triggered the event:Into the East (IC)

Okay people we have our first dice roll. It will be fairly simple. I give the conditions and you roll. Tag me here once you have rolled saying:

I accept the challenge.

——-

The Dark Creator The Dark Creator You are attempting to lie. You will roll a 20 side’s dice if you accept the challenge. 1-13 = you succeed. 14-20 = you fail

Instructions:
    1. Post whether you accept or not.
    2. Edit post to throw dice.
    3. Make dice 20 sides.
    4. Save

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
    Back