• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Into the east ooc

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
So a thing I was waiting to ask once a few people posted was what everyone thinks of the general rules for the rp.

1. Everyone will have plot armor from beginning to end under normal circumstances. This means that you will never be maimed to the point where you can't move or be killed. However it doesn't stop you from being imprisoned in a dungeon 200 feet below the surface. Or made into servant of an arch angel, should you find yourself unable to defend yourselves. With your mind still active, but your body not under your control. This is a dark world, so I'll attach different consequences to your characters when they seem correct to do so. :3

2. While the story is a hybrid of player and gm driven shenanigans, I think we all need a put it all on the line mechanic. This will be a simple D20 diceroll which will allow players to take off the plot armor in order to do something fancy or miraculous. Perhaps you want to rally a group of demoralized troops or maybe you want to convince an aristocrat to let you into their private chambers for an assassination. These dice rolls will let you do this. :3 They are designed to let players do something cool so long as they get the dice roll.

This diceroll mechanic will also be the one I use to heckle stronger players. Every page or so, I'll give you a scenario where you must pass some sort of social check or combat check or face a consequence.

1-14= success
15-19= failure
20 = critical failure

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars animegirl20 animegirl20 Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie Astralworks Astralworks NovaAres NovaAres

Does this all seem acceptable?

It’s all fine with me.

Our characters races are going to have certain implications you said, so will there be any boosts that come with the different races? Stuff to make the dice rolls more in their favor depending on their skills or whatever?

It’s all fine with me.

Our characters races are going to have certain implications you said, so will there be any boosts that come with the different races? Stuff to make the dice rolls more in their favor depending on their skills or whatever?
I've a few ideas how to draft some hard bonuses if that's what most of us want to do. My dice thing was to make sure people have their feet held to the fire without making it a dice rp. Because I wanted it to be as narratively driven as possible. The original idea I had was to make certain things happen in character which would affect the way you rp. Simple things such as choosing to be an elf and not disguising yourself in the human capital would end up in your being arrested or killed in the streets for being a non-human entering sacred territory.

Likewise a human and elf captured by a band of marauding orcs may face different punishments. With the human being thrown to the pit to fight forest fauna while the elf is allowed to watch in order to prove they aren't loyal to the human. These are things I meant to weave into the rp and if necessary, can create a chart for how to the interactions usually go among the races. and if need be, add small dice perks to each interaction.

As far as combat/other interactions go, that's not a problem either. I didn't advertise this as a dice rp, so I didn't want to put anyone off. but that would take a few hours to draft something up if need be. I've got some ideas on how to do it, if that's what most of us would want.

Why not just keep it simple and only use it to see who wins a fight and if a character wants to die they can? Do we really need dice for social interactions? Cause if you have character that's really good at convincing and manipulation then on their first roll they fail or get critical failure like that doesn't make sense.

Why not just keep it simple and only use it to see who wins a fight and if a character wants to die they can? Do we really need dice for social interactions? Cause if you have character that's really good at convincing and manipulation then on their first roll they fail or get critical failure like that doesn't make sense.
I wouldn't normally have a dice roll for a social check, except for when it's let's say, a telepathic super being older than time it self. and when your survival hinges on a lie that it clearly can see, well maybe that roll would convince him to not lob your head off and humor you. but when I said other interactions, I meant stuff like lock picking or surviving a fireball that incinerates an entire city.(other than combat rolls here and there) :3

I want this to be narratively driven as stated before. So if you don't write your character with wit, my religious zealots will just arrest you. :joy:

It's fine if you want to play a weaver of lies and a manipulator. I'm sure as hell going to have one or two of those. :3

Ok I see what you mean.

Just one more question so our characters could die over a dice roll even though this is narratively driven? Like I don't get to control whether or not my character dies or lives?

By the way might be good to let people know your using dice before people join cause this...changes a lot of things.

I wouldn't normally have a dice roll for a social check, except for when it's let's say, a telepathic super being older than time it self. and when your survival hinges on a lie that it clearly can see, well maybe that roll would convince him to not lob your head off and humor you. but when I said other interactions, I meant stuff like lock picking or surviving a fireball that incinerates an entire city.(other than combat rolls here and there) :3

I want this to be narratively driven as stated before. So if you don't write your character with wit, my religious zealots will just arrest you. :joy:

It's fine if you want to play a weaver of lies and a manipulator. I'm sure as hell going to have one or two of those. :3

Ok I see what you mean.

Just one more question so our characters could die over a dice roll even though this is narratively driven? Like I don't get to control whether or not my character dies or lives?

By the way might be good to let people know your using dice before people join cause this...changes a lot of things.

There are two types of rolls. The first are the ones I use to heckle players who are too comfortable and not doing enough. Or they chose to be too strong, which is the consequence of starting strong from the start of the rp. It's my way of experimenting with gm styles instead of just restricting people and putting them in a straight jacket. Anyone who chooses to start off super strong should have seen this in the character sheet rules.

Secondly the put it on the line rolls are entirely optional. You have plot armor. Even if you fail my rolls, you won't die or end up maimed. But if you forego this plot armor and want to live dangerously, you can gamble a bit. But if it is too much, I am entirely wiling to scrap any and all dice mechanics.

I want to tell good stories and not put a mental block on people.

Ok that's fine I just want to make sure I have control on whether or not my character dies.
There are two types of rolls. The first are the ones I use to heckle players who are too comfortable and not doing enough. Or they chose to be too strong, which is the consequence of starting strong from the start of the rp. It's my way of experimenting with gm styles instead of just restricting people and putting them in a straight jacket. Anyone who chooses to start off super strong should have seen this in the character sheet rules.

Secondly the put it on the line rolls are entirely optional. You have plot armor. Even if you fail my rolls, you won't die or end up maimed. But if you forego this plot armor and want to live dangerously, you can gamble a bit. But if it is too much, I am entirely wiling to scrap any and all dice mechanics.

I want to tell good stories and not put a mental block on people.

Gizmo Gizmo animegirl20 animegirl20 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Astralworks Astralworks Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie NovaAres NovaAres

H7e1y9C.jpg

Finished the first draft of the map. Just added some basic locations for human settlements for now since it was my first one. I don't know what races I'll have to include in the final one, but this is meant to help everyone with character creation. :)

Also I need a name for a human kindgom(3 really). As you can see, my naming conventions are amazing. <3

Gizmo Gizmo animegirl20 animegirl20 LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Astralworks Astralworks Oreo Cookie Oreo Cookie NovaAres NovaAres

H7e1y9C.jpg

Finished the first draft of the map. Just added some basic locations for human settlements for now since it was my first one. I don't know what races I'll have to include in the final one, but this is meant to help everyone with character creation. :)

Also I need a name for a human kindgom(3 really). As you can see, my naming conventions are amazing. <3
Heilig, Ariun, and Agios are my offerings for the names of places

I saw and am going to read it soon. I just got caught up in a discord convo about gaming being crap. :heston:

Anyways guys, we got 4 apps up. 1 in progress. Animegirl and Dalamus are probably working on theirs, along with astralworks. I'm not going to tag everyone because I probably did like 5 times in the last few days.

Shall we get started? I got the first prompt ready if you want to begin.

Figured out how to use thread what cha call its, to link them here and have it look fancy

Anyways ic is up. If you need more context of anything, lemme know. I was aiming to give just enough to begin this shindig.

North is under martial law. Western steppes are on the verge of war with the south. The south are indignant and are going to agitate the peninsula and people of the south as of now. Feel free to expand upon these things or add your own perspective. I have more planned but just wanted to give a starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back