• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy into the dreamworld *:・゚✧ ooc

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

kaninchen

𝓫𝓲𝓻𝓭𝓲𝓮
this is the temporary ooc for into the dreamworld! if you have any questions or concerns feel free to let me know :)
you can call me juniper, birdie, kaninchen. i look forward to seeing what you all have in store!

I'm so excited for this! Already started working on my girl, she is pretty much done. Just need to figure out a bio for her ^3^

For the representative colors - how do overlaps work? Like if two people picked the same color, would that mean only one could be accepted? Or would one of them have to change their color?

Wandering Owl Wandering Owl overlaps are no issue for me, it's up to the owners whether they would like to change it if it bothers them! it's really just for fun, to conceptualize maybe the color scheme of their magical girl outfit. if colors overlap it has no bearing on accepting for me! after all, there are only so many colors hehe. this is why there are flowers to choose from as well.

when would you all prefer applications to be due? i hope to gather some more people, but don't want to drag my feet too much. for me, i don't mind anytime.

when would you all prefer applications to be due? i hope to gather some more people, but don't want to drag my feet too much. for me, i don't mind anytime.
Maybe a couple of weeks? Depends how many applications you wanna pick up I guess

loving what i see for the characters so far! ayumu's outfit?? it's so pretty :0 i'd definitely need at least another week -- the next few days are pretty busy for me, but i'm flexible otherwise!

this is more of a general question out of curiosity, and i'm sorry if it's already been addressed somewhere... do the phantoms take any specific form? would there be different types of phantoms, and do the girls know what causes them to appear?

artemis. artemis. i totally forgot to include that, my bad! i envision that the phantoms are corrupted, uncanny forms of animals. somewhere in the vein of the creatures in the movie annihilation, it seems like their dna has refracted with all living beings near it. i might tier them, depending on severity and frequency.

as for what causes them to appear, the girls don't fully understand it. they're a regular fixture in the dreamworld and have always been there. sometimes it seems they manifest from thin air. the illusion herself is the puppet master they suspect of populating the dreamworld with phantoms.

what's everyone's concepts for characters so far? i've got a few ideas for mine but still picking which to use

I have most of Ayumu's info written so idk if it's pointless for me to answer lol. But her consept is "dream". Personality wise she's this idealistic, pushover dreamer kind of gal. Her powers reflect that: she can make this smell of catmint/catnip radiate from her which will relax people around her. She can make people fall asleep and manipulate their dreams.

I was first lost about what to make her ability but then I decided to base it on her flower: catnip/catmint. It has a relaxing effect so that made me think about dreams :D

I have most of Ayumu's info written so idk if it's pointless for me to answer lol. But her consept is "dream". Personality wise she's this idealistic, pushover dreamer kind of gal. Her powers reflect that: she can make this smell of catmint/catnip radiate from her which will relax people around her. She can make people fall asleep and manipulate their dreams.

I was first lost about what to make her ability but then I decided to base it on her flower: catnip/catmint. It has a relaxing effect so that made me think about dreams :D
hey, no worries, i always like hearing a creator's perspective on a character even if the sheet's already written! also i never knew that about cat mint, that's really interesting

i was thinking of making my gal based off her chosen flower's symbolism! i'm probably sticking with amaryllis, which represents pride, strength, and determination. my plan was to make her a very ambitious musician who hasn't made it big yet, but she's adamant about reaching success despite other people's discouragement. her personality will likewise reflect her flower — she'd be quite stubborn, but i imagine she's also very outgoing and free-spirited with others. truthfully, i think the simplest way to describe her is that she'll be a bit of an energetic clown lol.

in terms of powers, i'm thinking of making the musician aspect of her apply in the dream world. her weapon will probably be an instrument of some sort, just because i love unconventional weapons. i honestly have a lot more ideas for her that i need to get down, i just haven't had the time unfortunately.

Setsuna is supposed to represent her flower the lavender, Which Represents Grace, Serenity and Calmness The color os is royalty, but instead I thought of her as an Art club president member and also. Setsuna is Supposed to Be a Girl, who dreams of Becoming an Artist, She's devoted to Helping her friends and also supposed to be very naive and outgoing. Setsuna is also supposed to be shy too. To sum it up She's an Shy Art loving girl, That just wanna become an artist.

Her powers is Supposed to be based off of Art and Using The Paint splats that she can make to Like Bind up the Phantoms and create some cool Explosions or something. Her weapon is Supposed to be a Big PAINTBRUSH. (Yes Giant paintbrush)

artemis. artemis. Your character sounds so amazing already! Oh, I also noticed only now that you complimented Ayumu's magical girl outfit! Thank you, I like it too and was happy to find it. It's from an Etsy shop called ShoshkaBoutique, in that shop there is other fantasyesk pieces. I was first going to pick this red outfit but then I switched her color/flower ^3^

Oh, also I'm done with Ayumu!

i was thinking of making my gal based off her chosen flower's symbolism! i'm probably sticking with amaryllis, which represents pride, strength, and determination. my plan was to make her a very ambitious musician who hasn't made it big yet, but she's adamant about reaching success despite other people's discouragement. her personality will likewise reflect her flower — she'd be quite stubborn, but i imagine she's also very outgoing and free-spirited with others. truthfully, i think the simplest way to describe her is that she'll be a bit of an energetic clown lol.

in terms of powers, i'm thinking of making the musician aspect of her apply in the dream world. her weapon will probably be an instrument of some sort, just because i love unconventional weapons. i honestly have a lot more ideas for her that i need to get down, i just haven't had the time unfortunately.
im always a sucker for some flower symbolism, and i love the music theme too! was her wish related to that ambition?
Oh, also I'm done with Ayumu!
awww, the part about her grandmother got me right in the heart :specialeyes:

couple of questions for kaninchen kaninchen - what were the stakes for fighting the phantoms, what would have happened if the girls failed? and also, what happened to make them move on? was it a choice or were they no longer needed?

Wandering Owl Wandering Owl the stakes vary on the phantom's base animal, but they can inflict severe injuries. for the sake of the rp, they won't die (unless you really wanted them to lol) but they're very aggressive. if the girls are fighting something they feel they can't beat, it would be wise of them to just run away. the magical girl murders were very vicious, and they assume the phantoms did it.

as for moving on, for most girls, since it came at such a turning point in their life, they simply didn't have the time or lost interest. it was gradual. some girls had been visiting dreamworld right up until the murders occurred. there was never any message to say they were pardoned or anything from the illusion, it was just one by one the girls stopped doing magic duties. their wishes would remain in effect though.

wanted to pop in and say hi :D i really like that people are drawing from the symbolism of their flowers to inform the character/abilities, it's a super cool way to incorporate the flower themes more tbh

also a few questions for kaninchen kaninchen !
- is there a chance that the wish granted could "go wrong", if it wasn't specific in some way? or does the illusion always grant the wish in the way the girl had intended/wanted?
- how many girls had a wish granted/could enter the dreamworld? like, is it likely they'd all know each other or know of each other since there isn't too many, or is there a chance there's lots so the characters may have never interacted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back