• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Interest Check: Crocodile should GM what?

Which RPG do you want Crocodile to run?

• Dark Heresy 2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadowrun 5e

• D&D 5e

• Vampire: The Dark Ages (V20)

• Vampire the Requiem 2e

• Black Crusade

• Only War

• Star Wars RPG (EotE, AoR, F&D)

• Total voters

Crocodile

Mister Zero
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
So yeah, I am trying to get back into posting here. My project flopped due to my own life getting in the way, plus lack of much other player input.

So. I'm throwing up options of systems I know and can run. Let the games begins.

I would hope if you vote, you would participate should the choice you toss in with wins.

Honestly if I can get the rules for free, and somebody to help my lazy arse along with understanding them I'd go with anything, as long as I find it interesting of course but that's just the nature of the beast.

Prefer 5th edition out of the bunch though.

If I can somehow obtain the rules for Dark Heresy, Shadowrun or Vampire the Requiem, I'd totally be down for either of those three.

Really wanna play dark herasy. No 40k game I've been in hasn't fizzled quickly

Well now, these are some interesting results so far. Figure I'll give it another day before we discuss more overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, as of now, the big three are Dark Heresy 2.0, Shadowrun 5e, and D&D 5e. I suppose that not too surprising and I'm pretty comfortable with all three of those systems.

What would people like to see out of any of those three? I'm tempted to run one or two. God forbid I try to do one of each of the three though but I could possibly chance two.

Again, as long as someone can teach, I can play.

I have very little knowledge of Dark Heresy, but have looked at things here and there, but I saw someone talking about the rp and their characters and it has piqued my intetest.

Question about dark heresy, does I involve tenebrous affairs of the heretical nature?

Orikanyo said:
Question about dark heresy, does I involve tenebrous affairs of the heretical nature?
Usually. It then involves shoot the enacters of that affair repeatedly.

I've only had experience playing 3e and creating character sheets for 5e (and 3e) but if someone's willing to teach, I'd be up for everything.

I'd heard negative things about DH 2e so I didn't vote for it, but I loved 1e, so I'd be willing to try it.

D&D 5e, DH 2.0 and SR 5 are all system I can and am willing to teach. I suppose I need to figure out how to proceed into getting a few games set up. I tried to do so before, but that faltered. I'll give it a shot with the tab system this time.

Games

Emerald City Shuffle - Shadowrun 5e

Synopsis:

Hoi, chummer! You ready to make some money but the Man's got ya down, nai? We ain't no wageslaves here, chummer. We're the real deal and its time to get in on the action. There's nuyen to be made if your bold enough and crazy enough to take a dive into the shadows. So, you in?

Introductory game with character development. The mechanics mainly will play out easily enough once we get characters figured out. I will do all I can to help players understand the world, setting and methods of the Sixth World. Expect to face dystopian imagery, but there is always light in the darkness.

Plague of Glass - D&D 5e

Synopsis:

The world of Junction is a strange place, with various cultures and people's that have risen upon its surface. Few realize the importance of this world in the greater cosmic tapestry. The game will take place in Veilgard, a land ruled by the Undead and users of darker magics. The living are middle class while most labor is handled by mindless undead like zombies and skeletons. Liches, Warlocks and Vampires form the ruling powerbase of the nation. Characters can be from Veilgard itself whose society I will give information on, or from the neighboring nations. I will provide data on them as well.

This is a homebrewed world of my own creation. We will use the PHB but I will also open the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide for is options. True gods in this world are very rare. Most religions worship philosophies, concepts or other entities. The only known god worshipping faith is the Temple of Fornos, whose faith is oppressive and evangelistic. This is mainly to warn Clerics and Paladins. I will happily provide insight into the faiths for those curious.

Dance with the Devil - Dark Heresy 2.0

Synopsis:

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? Sometimes we have to do bad things when we go after bad people. Inquisitor Anton Rezados lives by this policy, recruiting those of flexible morals to be his Acolytes in his fight against the corruption and criminiality of the Imperium. You fight a battle with no end, but you might just get rich and powerful along the way. Who else can guard the soul of Mankind if not those who've already danced a few steps with the devil already?

Think of its as Suicide Squad in 40k. Your going to be criminals or people caught doing wrong in the system. Your very existence might have been a crime as a mutant or Psyker. Rezados picked you because you were willing to sign on with him for a pardon and understanding he'll kill you himself if you betray the cause. He offers reward for success and punishment for failure, the Imperium cannot suffer incompetence in its darkest hours. You might even prove yourselves enough to warrant power and trust, rare things in the 41st Millenium.

Same, the undead part interests me greatly, I always thought they could be used as a worker force, morality is the matter which causes discussion in such matters, and then leads to argument.

Crocodile said:
Dance with the Devil - Dark Heresy 2.0

Synopsis:

Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? Sometimes we have to do bad things when we go after bad people. Inquisitor Anton Rezados lives by this policy, recruiting those of flexible morals to be his Acolytes in his fight against the corruption and criminiality of the Imperium. You fight a battle with no end, but you might just get rich and powerful along the way. Who else can guard the soul of Mankind if not those who've already danced a few steps with the devil already?

Think of its as Suicide Squad in 40k. Your going to be criminals or people caught doing wrong in the system. Your very existence might have been a crime as a mutant or Psyker. Rezados picked you because you were willing to sign on with him for a pardon and understanding he'll kill you himself if you betray the cause. He offers reward for success and punishment for failure, the Imperium cannot suffer incompetence in its darkest hours. You might even prove yourselves enough to warrant power and trust, rare things in the 41st Millenium.
Why does Tech-heretic of the scientific method seem like a great win for this?

So far the voiced interest has been in Plague of Glass quite a bit. Hmmmm, quite interesting and a bit inspiring for me to move forward with that one at least.

cool, I'm all in for shenanigans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back