• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Inter-Galactic Feuds - In-Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• The moment the students entered the gun range, they were greeted by a small woman telling them, "Clear downrange!" Joo didn't know what that meant but Pierce, who had experience with things like this, knew exactly clearly understood, so he pulled Joo out of the way of fire. The woman then shot at 5 paper human targets with a Kriss VECTOR, hitting headshots on each one, all while setting them on fire.

"Goddamn!" Pierce exclaimed. "She's one hell of a shot."

It had only been 7 seconds, yet Pyro already seemed like a badass. She started to ask the kids questions on Hangar 017, mentioning the grease she could smell on them. Pierce and Joo both smelled themselves, and she was right. Damn, just being in there made them reek of it.

Once again, Sandstorm suggested to let the children ask questions again, and the first one came from the one and only, Tommy Sanders. He asked if there were martial arts option here at the gun range, which actually got a chuckle out of Pierce with its stupidity l.

"Listen to this guy." Pierce started to say.
    "Asking about martial arts in a gun range. Makes him even more laughable."

"Pierce." Joo snapped. "Stop shit talking him. It's not that bad of a question."

Joo turned away from Pierce and crossed her arms with a sigh. He tried to say something to her again, but she put her hand in front of his face as to say, "respectfully, shut up", which worked pretty well.

Pyro had the same thoughts about the question as Pierce, she found the question to be irrelevant and a bit stupid in a case like this. She also called him Bandages and Ginger, which Pierce frowned at, wishing he had thought of those names first.

Just when it seemed like Pyro had very well shut his ass up, Tommy definitely took it to heart. He began to literally rant angrily about how guns weren't the only weapons in the world, even cussing at her while stating it. Swords, Bo Staffs, and shit, he named them all to her. Then, this brave ass motherfucker called her "shortie", which is a horrible option, considering the woman had an arsenal of guns on her at the moment.

"Fucking idiot." Pierce muttered. "The hell is he trying to do, get expelled on his first day? Still want me to stop shit talking the guy?"

Joo didn't answer Pierce's question, but agreed with him. It was an irregular and dumb move to cuss out a teacher on your first day, especially one who was high ranking in the academy. She wanted to keep defending him so that Pierce wouldn't insult him any longer, but the more Tommy spoke, the harder it was to continue doing so.

Pyro seemed completely unfazed by the boy's harsh and brash comments. She explained that she knew that guns weren't the only weapons, and that she specialized in others, and then went on to talk about how he had some fight in him. Obviously. But it didn't just seem like some "fight", the guy basically had anger issues.

Pierce cocked his head a bit when Pyro picked up a gun and began to walk over to Tommy, and then his eyes widened in shock.

"Oh, gosh, she's gonna blow his goddamn brains out!" Pierce whispered, which got him a slap on the back of the head from Joo and a look that said, "No she's not, dumbass."

Then, Charlotte did the unexpected. She put the gun in his hand, pointed the barrel at her head and told him to shoot her. Joo let out and audible gasp, while Pierce remained silent, watching intently to see what would happen. Tommy looked shocked at first, just like everyone else, he hadn't expected her to tell him to do that. But a bit afterwards, he began to glare at Pyro, tightening his grip on the gun which made it seem like he was actually going to do it. Was he really that angry to kill a teacher in front of everyonem But instead, in two fast moves, he pointed the gun at the floor next to Pyro and pulled the trigger, causing a clicking sound to be heard. Nothing came out, the gun was empty.

Whew. Pierce thought with a sigh. He thought Tommy was going to fuck up his own life, just because he got angry because he asked a stupid question.

Pierce seemed to think that Tommy actually had self control, but completely making him lose all hope, Tommy quickly balled up his fist, and socked Charlotte right in her solar plexus.

"What the fuck is this guy's problem?" Pierce yelled out, not even trying to hide his disgust. Other students gasped as he hit her, and began whispering to each other about him.

Tommy threw he gun to the ground and glared at Pyro again, waiting for her reaction.

"Oh my goodness." Joo said while rubbing her temples. "Why-" she sighed heavily. "Why would he do that?"

"He's fucked." Pierce told her. "No way he gets put of this with no consequences. Dumbass."

Health: Full
    Mood: Shocked (Both)
    Injuries Sustained: None
    Mental Health: Full

• Mara TakemiLocation: Hangar 018, Gunrange
    Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf SharkBark SharkBark
    Current Weather: None
    Current Mood: Extremely Pissed
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:20am

Charlotte looked at him then knelt thanks to the punch by Tommy who whispered something, "You idiot.." She weakly laughed, "Now we're both fucked..." She was right, Mara went from watchful observer to pissed off within a second upon seeing Tommy land the punch. She began to emanate an angry aura. She rarely got pissed but when she did, she became a force to be reckoned with. She whispered to Isaac in a calm manner but it clearly had an undertone of pure anger, "See if Charlotte is okay. Then take her to the Staff Room. I'll be there shortly." She whispered to Isaac before walking to Tommy. With her calm composure, Mara approached Tommy and glared at him, "Play by your own rules, huh?" Again her calm tone was overshadowing the complete anger she had right now.

She turned and began to single out Tommy, "Ladies and Gentleman, now is a pristine opportunity to now tell you all the rules of my beloved academy." She turned back to Tommy while still addressing the class but now her attention was focused on Tommy, "Rule Number 1, There will be no unauthorized weapon usage outside of authorized areas." She took a step toward Tommy, "Rule Number 2, All student and faculty will be expected to upkeep their own equipment." Mara leaned down to be eye level with him and said even quieter, "Rule Number 3, All unauthorized violence is forbidden. No. Exceptions." Mara narrowed her eyes, "Do I... make myself... clear... Mr. Thomas Sanders?" She said in her calm tone.

Without giving him time to answer, "Good. Hate me if you must but I WILL uphold this Academy's rules. Three strikes WILL mean your expulsion and there's nothing me, or your father can do about that." She turned to face the class but gave him a glance, "So be sure to clean yourself up, Sanders." She looked out over the class and paused for a minute, "That is all for today. Dismissed." With that she walked towards the Staff Room.

Last edited:

• Tommy grinned in satisfaction as Charlotte went down. He'd proven to the other students he wasn't to be messed with and had taken this teacher a peg down from where she stood. He hated when people older than him tried to act like they knew everything, especially when he was only slightly younger. In his mind, she deserved the punch for being such a bully. He wasn't a killer; he never would've pulled that trigger even without Raelyn's refusal. But he sure as hell could beat the shit out of someone.

He watched as his father walked up to Charlotte and helped her up, not taking no for an answer. He basically forced Charlotte to accept his help. Before they started walking out, Isaac gave Tommy a stern glare, almost like a reflection of Tommy. The message was clear as day. They'd talk about this stunt later, Tommy sure he was going to get an ear full out of his father. Great, another lecture that did absolutely nothing. Hooray!

But there was already the present lecture to deal with. After the pair left, Mara came strutting up to him. He'd honestly forgotten her and his father were there, so intent on the shock of being told to shoot someone and his own anger. She'd heard his comment to Charlotte and repeated it back to him, then started making an example of him. He wasn't new to getting pissed off looks. He could tell she was angry just at a glance. But it's not like he cared.

She told the class all the rules, but kept her eyes locked on Tommy. The first two didn't apply to the situation, so he didn't care about them. The third one was the most exaggerated, her leaning in to be at eye level. All unauthorized violence is forbidden. Ok, there's the point. Could've just skipped to that one. Then she asked if she made herself clear, using his full name. Thomas Sanders. Oh shit, she'd just blown their cover. Everyone either called their father Mr. Sanders, Isaac (because he was that one cool teacher who didn't care), or Sandstorm. It was apparent what Isaac's last name was, and now they knew Tommy's. It was only a matter of time before they put that together. That was the only thing he worried about, not caring about being chewed out by a teacher other than how it would make him look in the eyes of his classmates. He was the definition of a problem student, so he'd had loads of experience being in trouble with teachers.

Mara didn't even give him time to respond, just assumed he understood and continued. She told him he could hate her if he must, which he did really hate the stupid teachers in this place, and then told him three strikes and he was out. Then she hit the nail on the coffin, directly mentioning his father, saying there was nothing he could do about it. She told Tommy to clean himself up, again mentioning his last name to really sell it, then looked over all the students and dismissed them. She marched out of the room with no further instructions.

"Is this my first strike?" Tommy muttered as she left, very much a rhetorical question and very much supposed to be annoying. Though he doubted she heard him.

He just stood there with his fists clenched. Raelyn came walking up to him, and he was only aware of her presence when she put a hand on his clenched fist.

"I don't think it was a stupid question, Tommy." She said softly, "But you really shouldn't have punched her. I don't like it when you do stuff like that."

Tommy's fists unclenched. He was still glad he punched her, but sorry Raelyn had to see it. Raelyn knew when she should shut her mouth, but Tommy had no self-control. Isaac had to deal with dozens of phone calls when he was a kid, different teachers telling his father that he'd punched some boy in the face or started a fight on the playground. His father lectured him each time but had never managed to get through to Tommy. It wasn't Tommy's fault that he fought back when getting pushed around. He wasn't afraid to hurt people's feelings.

"Sorry." He managed to say, lowly so that only Rae could hear.

Raelyn looked around. The two were standing in the middle of a circle, a lot of confused expressions on everyone's faces. Some people looked mad at Tommy; others were just really confused where they were supposed to go. The Sanders Siblings hoped no one put together the things Mara said and figured out they were Sandstorm's kids. They'd already caused a lot of attention to shift to themselves and now there was this.

• Sylva GreenfieldLocation: Hangar Bay 018, Gunrange
    Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
    Mentions: SharkBark SharkBark
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:28am

Sylva looked at all the other students, who seemed just as confused as Sylva was. The two standing in the middle of this impromptu circle looked close, one of them was the one who just got reprimanded. Sylva kinda felt bad but part of her knew that he deserved it, 'Oh god-damnit...' Sylva walked up to the pair, "U-Uh, H-Hey, a-are you okay?" She asked, shyly. Doing this brought a lot of attention to herself but it took some off of them. Sylva could hear the murmurs but she drowned them out, "That was pretty crazy... r-right?" Sylva held her hands below her waist, 'Why am I doing this?' She really couldn't understand why she was doing this.

"U-Um, S-Sorry but can we speak over there?" She pointed to an area away from the group and just kind of hoped at least one of them would catch on to what she was trying to do.

Last edited:

• The siblings could hear murmurs and feel stares from the rest of the students. They didn't know what they were supposed to do. Hope that the others didn't figure it out. Pray that this didn't end up in another fight. That was all they could do, because it seemed like everyone was looking to blame them for their confusion. At the very least there were sending some nasty glares at Tommy. By extension, people were shifting their sights on Raelyn, wondering what kind of person she was to hang out with someone like Tommy.

Raelyn stepped back while Tommy gave a glare to the other students, which shut some of them down. But whispers were still spreading as the students conversated, trying to figure out their next move, and also how to avoid the crazy red head.

Just then some kid walked up to them, seeming to be around Raelyn's age maybe a little older. She had a facemask and looked a little shy. Tommy probably didn't help with that, considering he gave her a hard glare as soon as she walked up to them. Raelyn stuck close to Tommy, who seemed pissed off and protective.

She asked if they were ok with a bit of stuttering, which made both of them confused. They exchanged a quick glance with each other. Now they could hear mutterings of students talking about the new girl who had entered the scene, talking to the crazy guy and his probably crazy friend. Raelyn inched out of her hiding place a little, giving a quick nod in response. They'd dealt with situations like these before, but nothing on this scale. The other students unnerved Raelyn.

The girl went on, talking about how it was pretty crazy, and Rae sent a look to her brother. Tommy almost winced, almost. His sister seemed to agree with the statement, basically telling off Tommy in that one quick look. She then pointed to an area where they'd be away from the group and asked if they could talk over there. Tommy was immediately on the defensive. "Why? Ow-" Tommy was hostile, but Rae elbowed him in the side to get him to stop. It wasn't hard though, mostly just a gesture to tell him to shut up. Y'know, sibling stuff.

Raelyn thought she understood. They'd get away from the group in that area, and that was good enough for her because she wanted to hole up into a corner and die. Tommy brought so much attention to them through being the rash one. She couldn't believe he'd actually punched a teacher. She loved her brother, but he really needed to learn to be calm.

Rae gave a little nod. "Yeah, sure." She said in a low voice. Tommy looked like he was going to object but Raelyn simply took his arm and carted him off, following Sylva as they got to new area, away from the rest of the students.

"Ok, what is this?" Tommy asked the girl once they were there. Raelyn just sighed and gave Sylva an apologetic look.

• Pyro fell down to a knee as the wind was punched out of her. From there Pierce had expected her to grab her VECTOR and put a couple clips in his chest, but he must've forgotten that this was a school. Teachers aren't just going to randomly attack students. But as Tommy proved, students will attack teachers.

Mara was, in a sense, pissed off, yet calm at the same time. She definitely made her point to Tommy, singling him out and drawing all eyes towards him and the girl beside him. She decided that now was the best time to explain the rules of her academy, and even though she didn't say it, but she expected everyone to uphold them. Even Mr. Gut Punch over there. Especially Mr. Gut Punch.

Rule #1 was expected. No usage of unauthorized weapons outside of authorized areas. Not that anyone would be dumb enough to do so in the first place, but it was still crucial to know this. Rule #2 was that everyone was required and expected to uphold their own equipment. Obvious too. The final and seemingly most important rule, which Mara got close to Tommy for, was that no violence was tolerated and is forbidden here at the academy. No exceptions whatsoever. Thomas had violated a rule before he even knew it existed. How do you fuck up that badly?

Then, Mara addressed Tommy by his full name. Thomas Sanders. Now, anyone who was actually paying attention for the last 15 minutes easily caught the impact of her saying his lastname. Thomas Sanders. Issac Sanders. So, Gut Punch over here was the instructor's kid?

What answered that question was Mara's next comment. She told everyone that three strikes would inevitably lead to their expulsion, and that there was nothing she, or "your father" as she said to Thomas, could do about it, confirming everyone's thoughts. Then, she dismissed the students and went back to the staff room.

"Hold on, dismissed?" Joo said, her voice filled with confusion.

Pierce sounded equally baffled. "No instructions at all? The hell are we supposed to do?"

Pierce looked around the hangar, trying to see if there were any students who looked like they knew what they were doing, but everyone was completely lost. Thomas had ruined Mara's mood, and damn well ruined the entire orientation as well.

"Well, maybe we could continue our introductions." Joo suggested with a smile. "What are you here to learn? Or, do, I guess."

Pierce turned back to Joo, but his eyes were still frantically scanning the hangar for clarity.

"Flying." he said without looking at here. "Here too get better at it. You?"

"I'm here to become a Medic." Joo's tone was proud and cheerful. "I'm not really into flying ships. I get pretty nauseous in the seat of one. So, I want to stay down here on earth and help injured pilots."

"Cool. Don't expect me to come to you though. I'm too good to get injured."

Joo and Pierce chuckled at his comment for a bit before Pierce suddenly took her by the wrist and began to drag her along after him.

"H-Hey, what are you doing?" Joo spat, stumbling on her shoe.

"We got nothing to do and we're confused right?" Pierce answered and asked at the same time. "So, let's just sit down and wait for instructions on that couch."

Joo agreed with his reasoning, so she followed him and sat on the couch im the east side of the gunrange with him as everyone waited for confirmation on what to do next. Pierce placed his right ankle on his left knee as he looked at the other novices.

"Let's people watch a bit, shall we?

Heath: Full
    Mood: Confused (Both)

• Sylva GreenfieldLocation: Undisclosed location
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:28am

Sylva almost seemed to flinch when Tommy spoke up about asking them to move elsewhere, "I'm s-sorry, I didn't--" But Raelyn elbowed to shut him up then they moved off and Sylva almost seemed relieved. She timidly looked at Tommy and Raelyn and bowed, "Sorry!" She apologized. "I, um, kind of remembered what it's like to be singled out like that." She stood up, "I-I suddenly got the impulse to help you get out of that mess." Sylva shot a glance at Tommy but quickly looked away, "Though you probably didn't need my help, right?"

Sylva pushed her fingers together, "I wanted to help you get out of that mess, that's all." She bowed once more, "Sorry to bother you!" Then began to walk off, her heart was pounding from the out of character thing she just did.

• To Tommy and Raelyn's surprise, the girl apologized to them. Tommy had surely scared her with his brash personality. Raelyn felt bad for the girl, because she'd only been trying to help them. But Tommy got protective quick, especially in these kinds of situations, with everyone giving them looks. The new girl seemed skittish so being around someone like Tommy probably didn't help her nerves. She could understand that, considering her brother was big and mean looking. He had a sharp tongue and powerful fists, but underneath that he was a caring and kind older brother. He was even like that towards the people he liked, but no one really stuck around long enough to figure that out. His angry persona was killing himself in the friends department.

The girl talked about how she remembered what it was like to be singled out. Maybe it was a rude thought, but Raelyn didn't understand how. She seemed super shy, so Raelyn didn't know how she would get singled out. With Tommy, it was pretty obvious. He got called out because of his attitude and how many fights he got into. Raelyn had always gotten bullied as a kid. Maybe that's what it was. Maybe she'd been bullied like Raelyn.

She talked about how they probably didn't need her help, but they very much did. Raelyn would'nt have known what to do, and if some kid started throwing accusations at Tommy, then he probably would've gotten into another fight. Rae was indebted to this girl.

The girl apologized again, turned and started walking off. Raelyn didn't understand why, but she wanted to get to know the girl that showed kindness to them. Showed kindness to her brother despite his scary looks. It kind of felt like she was looking at a mirror. She herself was pretty shy around other people and wanted them to like her. Before she knew it, she took a step, and then another, before she pretty much speed walked to the girl.

"No, wait." She said as she closed the distance and got in front of her. Sylva could feel a familiar brush as Raelyn's currently invisible tail flashed by her. Soft fluff passed by her legs and raked across them. It was like the fur of an animal's, soft and fluffy. "Thank you. I really didn't know what to do. I know that I appreciated it." She sent a look to Tommy.

"Yeah, sure." Tommy said halfheartedly. He looked away, but there was no anger in his voice. He just wasn't one to give out thank you's, especially when he thought he could handle whatever came their way.

"I'm Raelyn. And the angry one back there is my brother, Tommy." The fact that they were siblings was hard to see. For one, they looked completely different. Tommy had a different hair color, different eyes, even different ears. Raelyn had elongated ears that definitely weren't human. If you'd been paying attention to her, you'd notice that they move. In that moment, one ear gave a little flick and then returned to its upright position. Her eyes were of an unnatural color, a sharp violet. Raelyn was shorter than Tommy. Their personalities were completely different as well, but that was the less weird thing. They were two different people after all, who varied greatly.

"What's your name?" Raelyn asked with a friendly tone. She seemed less shy now that they were away from the big group, and that she knew Sylva must be a good person for helping the two of them out.

Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:29am

Sylva hoped they wouldn't stop her.

Too late, Raelyn did. Raelyn did more then that, she brushed by Sylva and Sylva felt something very familiar, 'Wait, that was--' Raelyn thanked Sylva, "W-Wait, you don't need to--" Tommy gave a halfhearted answer, Sylva didn't react to that, she was having a senses overload, "H-Hang on--" Sylva snapped out of it though when Raelyn mentioned Tommy was her brother, "O-Oh, I see..." Sylva found it hard to believe that but she didn't say anything.

'Raelyn and Tommy... why do they look familiar...?' She thought. Then they asked for her name, "O-Oh! I'm Sylva Greenfield." Greenfield! Sylva's eyes widened as it clicked, "OH! Y-You were..." Sylva bowed again, this time directed at Raelyn, "I'm sorry for my brother!" She was referring to Vincent, "He could've handled you a bit better, I admit..." She remained bowed, "H-He's not a bad person. H-He just... he marches to the beat of his own drum and sometimes he says things that he doesn't mean or that seem rude..." She stood up, "B-But he's a good person at heart, I swear!"

• The girl answered, saying that her name was Sylva Greenfield. Tommy thought it sounded similar but didn't put much thought into it. But Raelyn, who knew all about the Core Dynamics creator, recognized the last name instantly. She went to say something, then bit her tongue, which really hurt. 'Idiot' She thought, 'That's so insensitive! That's the exact thing me and Tommy are trying to avoid!'

Raelyn really couldn't believe they found someone who had a similar situation. Famous family member. Their father held records, a lot of prestige among the pilot community, as well as being a teacher at the academy. Rae was nervous about the other students thinking it was some form of nepotism and downplaying their skill. While Sylva had a famous big brother. Now the previous comment made sense. Maybe someone had figured it out before and singled out Sylva because her brother was a genius engineer. An engineer who was also at the academy for a year. Despite them not knowing each other all too well, Rae felt a connection with Sylva.

She started apologizing for her brother profusely, talking about how Vincent could've handled the situation better when Raelyn asked her question. She said he often came off as rude when he says things, and that he's a good person. Man, they were really similar. Vincent sounded like Tommy, without the anger issues.

Raelyn waved her hands in front of her.
    "No, it's ok! It's good to know that he didn't think I was being stupid or something. Guess I'm a little too sensitive when it comes to stuff like that." She blushed, her cheeks getting a little pink. "It wasn't all too bad. At least not as bad as y'know. He was actually really nice, way nicer than that other teacher. He answered my question, an even said I could request a ship! I think that was really cool of him, since I was pretty disappointed. I just really want a good ship, even if it's just for training. I hear Core Dynamics is one of the best companies, and I just thought with your brother here we would be getting some of his ships. Though, I'm really excited to see what those sweet modifications are. I wonder if he can make the ship go really fast or-"

"Rae, give the poor girl some breathing room. You're rambling so fast you might talk her to death." His words seemed a little harsh, but he chuckled lightheartedly. He fixed Raelyn with a look as if to say, 'you're doing it again', as if this had happened multiple times. His tone was soft, which was surprising considering he'd been cursing out a teacher a few minutes ago.

Raelyn blushed even harder, her cheeks going from pink to bright red in a mere matter of seconds.
    "S-Sorry! I just, really like ships..."

The girl scratched the back of her head with an awkward look. "I guess I kind of went off point there. I think I was trying to say that your brother's fine with me, but then it divulged into ship speak. So, uh, your brothers cool. Yeah." She seemed a little awkward and embarrassed after that. "But it seems with have a lot in common, Sylva! Especially in the big brother department."

"Ah, come on, Rae-" Tommy began, but Raelyn was already going.

"I know he seems pretty scary, but Tommy's a nice person. I swear. He just gets worked up sometimes. I mean, that teacher was rather rude, but that doesn't mean we get to go punching them. And we're definitely not doing that again, no matter what they say." That last bit was more for Tommy's sake. Pretty much a little sister lecture. "Anyways, I swear he's not always like that. He's really nice to me, and I'm sure he can play nice with other people if given the chance."

Tommy leaned against the wall, his arms crossed, and looked away. His little sister was totally embarrassing him. It was kind of adorable, but still messed up his tough guy act.

• "He's freaking out right now." Pierce pointed out, looking at a kid who was breathing heavily and crying. His cries were quiet, and he looked around frantically to see if anyone was watching him.

Joo's tone was pitiful and sad. "Poor guy. He might be having a panic attack. I should go over there and help him."

Joo began to stand up from the couch and make her way towards the boy, but she was stopped when Pierce grabbed her wrist.

"Sit back down, Joo." Pierce told her in a flat tone.

"Why? You just want me to let that happen?" Joo spat, her voice venomous.

"Look at the napkin he keeps drying his tears with." Pierce explained, and Joo looked towards it. "See how it's a bit glossy? He's faking it. There's petroleum jelly, or Vaseline, on it, causing his eyes to water."

Joo was shocked at the realization and slowly sat back down next to Pierce, shaking her head.

"Just another attention seeker. Don't waste your time on him."

Pierce continued looking around the hangar for more people to watch, and three people caught his eye. Sandstorm's son, that girl he's always with, and some new face that was wearing a mask. Gut Punch was leaning against a wall, calmer than Pierce had ever seen him before, and the other two girls were chatting away.

"Don't even say anything about him." Joo suddenly said, which snapped Pierce from his analysis.

Pierce turned his head to her with a confused expression about her comment, so she continued,

"Stop sending insults his way. The Thomas boy. It's not nice."

Pierce sucked his teeth and stared down at the floor a bit before responding to Joo.

"For your information, I'm done doing that anyways." he finally spoke up. "It was just a little thing to get me through that boring ass orientation. And what did he do to deserve anything nice in the first place?"

Joo couldn't answer that question, pondering over one, so Pierce nodded his head in agreement and continued to watch the crowd. There were 5 different kinds of novices in the sea of kids here.

The Followers. These were the kids that were looking around at others, trying to do whatever they were doing to fit it. For example, one guy had his hands in his pockets and leaned on a wall, and five other kids looked at him and did the same thing.

The Patient Ones. Just like Joo and Pierce, they didn't know what to do, so they sat around patiently and waited for confirmation from the teachers. There were many of them, and all on the east side of the hangar.

The Attention Seekers. Like that kid from earlier, they wanted to make as big of an impression as possible while they were in the hangar. They did this by fake crying, butting into conversations, or bragging about themselves. The younger crowd usually did this.

The Conversation Havers. Like the girls near Gut Punch, they were making friends and learning more about the others. Joo could also fit in this category, but Pierce didn't feel like having long and boring conversations at the moment.

And last, but not least, The Elders. These were the guys that were 20 and older, and they were the calmest, but definitely not the most mature. Tommy made that very clear. They were silent and patient, and were basically magnets to the younger students.

Everywhere you looked you could spot one of those five types. They were-

"Pierce." Joo said, once again cutting into his analysis. "How old are you? I'm 18."

Pierce was surprised that she was older than him. "17. I'll be your age this month."

"Really? What day?"

"August 19th."

Mood: Calm and Patient (Both)

Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:30am

Sylva was in for a treat. Well, treat wasn't the word Sylva would use, more like an earful from a passionate student, "Well, he--" Sylva couldn't finish her statement, Raelyn kept going, talking about Core Dynamics being one of the best, "Yeah, but--" Again, she couldn't finish that statement. Tommy said Raelyn wasn't letting Sylva breathe, that much was true. This girl just kept going on and on but Raelyn explained that she was just really excited about ships. Sylva could understand that, if she had to chose one thing to be excited about, it would have to be sniping. The perfect job for her, remaining unseen...

Sylva put her hands up and waved them dismissively, "O-Oh, n-no! I-It's fi--" Raelyn went off again, this time about how they more in common then they thought, especially big brothers. Sylva seemed a bit surprised, somewhat because she was having a somewhat normal 'conversation' with another student that SHE started... but also mostly because she saw Tommy break his tough guy persona a bit and she saw a somewhat softer of him. Sylva's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink.

She snapped herself out of her 'trance' of staring at Tommy with surprise, "O-Oh, y-yeah." Sylva looked back at Raelyn, "A-Anyways, you know a lot about my brother's company... don't you?" She asked, she was impressed but at the same time, kinda scared that this girl knew so much about the company her brother started only 6 years ago.

• Raelyn felt sorry about the fact that she was giving this girl an earful. She always got like that whenever she was talking about ships and piloting and stuff. She used to talk Tommy's ear off all the time, and now she was doing it to some girl she'd only just met. Talk about a bad impression. She hoped it wouldn't scare her away. Figures, first nice person and she totally blows it for the both of them. But Syvla seemed to keep the conversation going. That was a relief. They seemed to both need and want each other's company.

Sylva talked about how Raelyn knew a lot about her brother's company. She shrugged. "I mean, I guess. I'm just really interested in the ships. They all look super cool. Core Dynamics is just one of the best, so that's why I guess I know a lot about it. It's like right under Nebula Industries, and both their ships look really good. I kind of tried to study about ships from different companies. Learn which ones are the best and pick from there. My dad wasn't really much help with that part of the learning process, so I kind of just went to the company websites and read everything on it and looked at all the ships."

"That's because dad got his ship from some black-market ass company. No one's even heard of it before." Tommy commented.

Raelyn slightly turned to Tommy. "Dad got a special ship. You know it's not from some shady black market dealing."

"Whatever. It's still got no reputation whatsoever."

"They make ships for people with special talents, Tommy. That aren't accessible to the general public. They're not supposed to be well known." She turned to Sylva. "Despite what Tommy thinks, my dad's ship is really cool. He can spin around all he wants. It's suited for him specifically, and it's the only one like it! I think why I got into spacecraft was because my dad took me aboard when I was a kid. He let me drive it too, with his help of course. But I was kind of on my own when it came to regular ships, since I couldn't get one like my dad's, so I just did a lot of research."

Then Raelyn realized she was doing it again. "And I guess that was another long-winded explanation, huh? Sorry about that. I just really like ships and then I start getting really passionate about them and go into full length detail. My mouth ends up running so fast that I can't keep up with it, y'know? Do you have anything that gets you like that?"

Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:30am

Sylva had a smile on her face, but it was more like, 'this is all too much' kind of smile but she took the information in regardless. Then the big question, a question Sylva had never been asked before...

"Do you have anything that gets you like that?"

Sylva looked with surprise, no-one's really taken an interest in that before, "Uh... I-I guess... I'm a decent sniper? My dad use to be an Army sniper and one day he let me use his rifle. According to him, I took that rifle and hit a target dead center at 1,000 meters. My dad said it was a bit unnatural to be able to hit a bulls-eye at that distance." She looked down, "But..." she paused, "He noted that I became an entirely different person. I didn't hesitate to pull that trigger. He said that he put the gun in my hands and I just fired it like it wasn't my first time."

Sylva looked at her hands, "I can still feel the euphoria of pulling that trigger and feeling the power packed in a long-range sniper rifle..." Sylva looked up at Raelyn, "It... excited me..." She paused again, "Yet it scares me to become a different person whenever I pick up a gun."

• Raelyn smiled as Sylva went on about being really good at sniping. She could tell from the way the girl sounded that it was like her passion for spacecraft. She had a real talent for it, and she found it euphoric. That's exactly how Raelyn felt in the seat of a ship. Using all the controls and actually feeling what you were supposed to do. It was pure instinct. You didn't even have to think about it, you just did it.

"That's not decent, that's amazing!" Raelyn exclaimed. "Being able to hit a target from that far away. That takes a lot of talent. I mean, I don't know a lot about guns, but if your dad said it was unnatural then that's something to be proud of."

"Great, we've got another gun obsessed girl. Hooray!" Tommy said with obvious rudeness. He seemed to be referring to a certain fiery teacher and comparing them.

"Don't listen to him. He's just sour after getting told off." Raelyn assured her. "That's exactly how I feel in the seat of a ship. It's like this rush of excitement, like extreme sports! It's amazing. You don't even have to think either, you just do it. Almost like how my brother acts!"

"Hey!" Tommy interjected after that sibling jab, "I'm literally standing right here." He gave Raelyn a soft flick on her forehead, which prompted her to shake her head with her ears going haywire. She righted herself up and held her hands up to her forehead, each finger containing longer and sharper nails. Claws. "If you're gonna be cheeky, at least do it when I'm not around."

Raelyn playfully stuck out her tongue. She brought her tongue in, her arms back to her side, and continued talking to Sylva. "I don't think it's scary to become a different person. It's your passion, and I'm guessing you feel comfortable at the scope end of a rifle. See, I know something! Anyways, you sound like you really like sniping. So, I guess, don't be scared of your talent or excitement. You can use it to become a great asset to the Imperial Federation and help a lot of people."

Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:31am

Sylva winced when Tommy came in with the rude comment, "I-I'm not gun obsessed..." She said quietly but doubted that Tommy or Raelyn could hear her. Raelyn then said not to listen to Tommy but how could she not? Tommy went back to his tough guy self and the comment made earlier took her back to the days she got bullied.

Sylva tuned back at the end of Raelyn's statement, "I'm not scared of my talent. I'm just scared that I'll become a cold-hearted killer. I'm scared of the person I would become." Sylva looked away, "I'm not like Tommy... or Pyro... or my brother. I don't have the courage or will to chase my dreams when my dream ends with me becoming a heartless killer." She said in quieter tone.

Sylva looked at her feet, "I lack the ability to stand for myself like Tommy can do so easily..." She recalled both times with Vincent and Pyro, "Or the courage to tackle my problems head-on like Pyro can do..." She recalled that Pyro could confidently stand and face Tommy with a gun pointed at her head, granted the gun was empty, "Or the steadfastness that my brother has to make his own company... everyone around me... they're so amazing..." Sylva sighed heavily, "...and I'm... just another shadow... but you know, that's not so bad, right? It means I can focus on what I love..." Sylva looked up at Raelyn, "...you..." Sylva cracked a smile, she attempted humor after being so depressive just now, "I-I'm kidding. I-I'm sorry for getting depressed just now. I don't know why I'm saying any of this, it's unusual for me."

• "Ah, I see." Joo replied to the comment about Pierce's birthday. "So, what do you want for your 18th birthday?"

Pierce clicked his tongue and pondered on his answer, just in case Joo was actually gonna get it for him.

"A Hollow Revolver." he finally answered. "Always wanted one due to its impressive bullets. They drop after being shot."

Joo raised and eyebrow out of confusion. "What do you mean, drop?"

Pierce turned towards Joo and pointed a finger at her head.

"They look like their going here," Pierce began to lower his hand to Joo's chest. "But they unexpectedly drop and hit here."

Then, he turned back forward and crossed his arms over his chest, sinking in the couch a bit. Joo got the concept of the bullets, but not Pierce himself. Before, he was excited, loud, and brash, but now he was quiet, uninterested, and calm.

"Pierce, you okay?"
    Joo asked.

He nodded his head. "Just bored, ya know? Waiting for these goddamn teachers to give us instructions."

• Sylva went on, talking about her insecurities. She seemed certain that her dream would end in her becoming a serial killer, which Raelyn didn't think was true. She didn't mean to be rude, but it seemed like the girl in front of her couldn't hurt a fly. She didn't know her very well, but she could be safe with saying that she wasn't a cold-hearted killer. She felt bad for Sylva as she talked about the qualities of other people, qualities she didn't have. It hit close to home, considering she herself had felt that powerlessness as a kid when she was getting bullied. She couldn't punch people or stand up for herself like Tommy could, but her brother had always been there for her. And being in the seat of a ship made her feel less powerless. She could control her fate and actually felt like she had a fighting chance. It was bliss. But Sylva was scared of what she would become.

Raelyn cracked a smile at her joke, and Tommy did too. But his was more of a smug 'that's really stupid' kind of smile. Rae shook her head. "It's ok. I don't think you're a shadow, Sylva. A shadow wouldn't have helped us. A cold-blooded killer wouldn't have shown such kindness to me and Tommy. I don't think there'd ever be a reality in which your passion turned you into a bad person. That's just not possible. I'm sure you can make it work somehow. You may not have all those other qualities, but you're a kind person."

Tommy thought for a second, then actually entered the conversation instead of just making small comments here and there. "Instead of throwing a pity party for yourself, and despairing over all the things you don't have, you should resolve yourself to focusing on what your good at." His words seemed harsh, but he wasn't being antagonistic this time. "My sister's usually spot on when it comes to character, so I'll trust her when she says you're a kind person. Do something with that. If you don't like your place, then move towards another. It's not that hard. Even morons can figure out how to do that."

"Tommy." Rae gave him a warning glance, in case that came off as rude to Sylva. But he simply shrugged and crossed his arms, seemingly unaffected by his little sister. It's not like he was trying to be rude, he just used a lot of harsh words in his statements.

Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:31am

Sylva was kind of baffled at all the words Raelyn said, trying to lift Sylva's spirit. Tommy said some words too, initially harsh sounding but Sylva understood the intent behind them, "Ouch, Tommy. Implying I'm a moron."

Sylva smiled though, "I think I understand what you're trying to say." Sylva looked at Tommy, "You really are one big softie..." She said in a joking manner, hoping he wouldn't get mad at her. She was beginning to test the boundary of them, trying to see what she was allowed to say and what she wasn't allowed to say.

• Tommy gave a grin. "Yeah, exactly." He replied. But you could just tell it was supposed to be a joke. He wasn't gonna be too rude considering it seemed like Sylva and Raelyn were getting along. If she was making friends with his sister, then he supposed that he shouldn't be too harsh.

Raelyn was glad that she took no offense to Tommy's words. She even said she understood what they were trying to say. Then she talked about Tommy being a big softie, and he turned a glare towards her. "I'm not a softie." He grumbled. "Didn't you see what I did to that Pyro chick? I'm by no means a softie."

Rae gave a mischievous smile. "Tommy, your pants are so on fire." She joked. "Like red hot flames coming right from your-"

Tommy placed a hand over her mouth to stop her from continuing. He took away his hand from her and she went on. "Don't lie. You're a huge softie. Dad's told me stories of how you always wanted to take care of me when I was a baby. You'd always beg him to be the one to feed me. You always protected me too."

"Next thing you know she's gonna whip out the photo album." Tommy joked.

"Don't tempt me. Dad's got plenty of pictures." She gave him a stare back, as if she was challenging him. He just ruffled her hair again. "You know it's true, stopping playing like you're a tough guy."

"I am a tough guy. Your just my sister, that's completely different from everyone else."

"Nope. I've seen you be nice to people other than me. You were being nice to Sylva before."

Tommy just shook his head in exasperation, not knowing how to combat that one. If you were paying close attention to him, you could see that his cheeks were slightly pink from embarrassment. He looked away, trying not to let them see.

"Trust me," Raelyn whispered, "Big softie. He just doesn't want to admit it because he thinks it makes him look weak or something."

Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:32am

Sylva began to open up a little as Raelyn spoke. She began to smile more warmly, she didn't know what it was about this girl but Sylva felt a little more at ease when she was around her. If it was just her and Tommy, she'd definitely be more scared of him, "Oh really?" She lightly giggled, "He can look weak in front of two girls, can't he?" She whispered back.

Sylva pulled down her facemask for the first time during the conversation which revealed her pale pink lips, "Sorry, Tommy, she's making me do it." She pointed at Raelyn and tried to jokingly shift the blame to Raelyn.

• Isaac simply smiled as Mara and Cal conversated in a friendly sort of manner, no one taking much offense. This is how he liked his unit of teachers, close knit and together. When he asked Cal if he was up for planning, he seemed apprehensive with a stretched-out answer. Then Isaac simply realized Cal had gone full Sleepy, his narcolepsy catching him as they heard the snore from the other end. Isaac hung up the phone, seeing there was no point in keeping up the line.

Charlotte seemed annoyed at his notion of her not coming but ended up agreeing when he explained. "Don't worry. You have the fun job. Finding Cal! Hooray!" He said in a placating but still very patronizing way. But you could tell it was another one of his jokes. "That may be harder than our job, seeing as we have no idea where he is. My bad, I really should've asked him where he was." He shrugged, letting go of the matter rather easily. The personalities between father and son were very distinct. "Anyways, I'm sure the students are all very restless and confused. Let's go give them a guiding hand, shall we?" He said in a playful tone towards Mara, a smirk displayed on his face.

Isaac sped off to the door, giving a wave to Charlotte as he started towards the gun range.

A few minutes later on the two instructors arrived. Isaac immediately noticed the kids had formed different clusters. Maybe giving them some time to themselves had been a good thing, since they were already starting to find their way and gain friends. Their crew.

He did a quick sweep of the room, and immediately upon seeing his children gave a soft smile. They were off to the side, Raelyn engaging with another female student. Tommy was with her, as expected. But unexpectedly, he was engaging with this student as well, making comments here and there. They were too far away, so he couldn't hear what they were saying, but it seemed like all members of the conversation were having a good time. Even Tommy, though he would never admit it.

He did a quick sweep of the other students, some in light conversations like his children and the girl, others looking a little anxious. There were some that were patiently waiting, knowing the teachers would never forget them. Yeah, sorry, but they had. At least Mara had.

His eyes caught a noticeable pair, his memory impeccable as he gazed at Pierce and Joo. He remembered Joo briefly, as the first student who had asked Vincent a question and had been given a flat answer. The boy next to her was the one who had really caught his eye. The boy with ambition. Pierce had answered his rhetorical, joke question. He seemed like a loud one, but slightly jumpy. Jumpy as in quick to the trigger. He seemed to be itching to start his training and make a mark on the field. Isaac could respect that, but Pierce would also need to think before acting, and he worried that the boy was like his son in that respect. He seemed like a bright one, nonetheless. Isaac was excited to oversee his training and see if he would continue to make his mark like he'd tried before.

Isaac raised his voice among the sea of kids to grab their attention. "And we're back folks! Sorry about the mild inconvenience. We were just making sure our fellow instructor was all right. And she definitely is. Pyro is a fine fighter, and you'll find that one punch won't be enough to take her down." Isaac waited for the voices to die down and then continued. "Teamwork is an important part of this academy. You can never win a fight on your own. You will all have to learn through your stay here to get along and cooperate. No one here is an enemy, in fact, we are all your allies. Every single person standing here will be your partners in the field. It's imperative that you form bonds, and care for your teammates. If you do not, then you will have no one to count on should you be in a bind."

Isaac had that same gleeful tone, but his words carried an odd seriousness for him. He was very much getting across that he could be stern, and that no one, not even Isaac, would tolerate such behavior.

"But it seems we're already building some relationships." His eyes scanned to both Sylva, Raelyn and Tommy's group, as well as Pierce and Joo, and a few other kids who had been in conversation before the two of them arrived. He tried to make it seem like leaving them was all a part of some grand plan to get them to start forming teams. In reality, it was just Mara forgetting to give them instruction because of her rage. "But there will be plenty of time for that. For now, it's time to for you all to have guides once more. Admiral, you can take it from here."

• Sylva GreenfieldLocation: Hangar Bay 018, Gunrange
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:34am

Sylva was having fun with her new friends. Then Isaac came back and all but a few voices had died down and he spoke, he mentioned a bunch of various things then Mara began to talk but Raelyn had turned back to Sylva and asked if they could stick together. Sylva wanted to and just as she was about to answer, Mara mentioned teams and began to list them off, "We may not have a choice..." Sylva said, she was shortly proven wrong as she was put on Team 1 with Sylva and someone named Pierce. Wait, Tommy won't be with them?

Sylva glanced at Raelyn and leaned over to whisper, "Tommy won't be with us... will you be okay?" She asked out of concern. She knew Tommy would be okay but Sylva was more worried about the other students he was grouped with, Joo Mi-yeon and Lance Thedore.

• Though it seemed to take forever, after a while, Issac and the Admiral finally came back to the hangar and apologized for the inconvenience. Sandstorm reassured them of Pyro's condition, and then went on about teamwork before handing things over to Mara.

"Finally!" Pierce said as he got up and stretched a bit.

Mara also apologized for storming off, and then began to announce that the academy would be splitting eveyone into teams of three to enforce teamwork. Joo and Pierce looked to each other. Not out of confusion, but in hopes that they'd be paired together. They both only had the other as a sort of friends. Too bad it didn't end like that though.

Pierce was paired with 'Raelyn Sanders' and 'Sylva Greenfield'. Pierce didn't know either of them, but once again he heard the last name Sanders. Just like Tommy-boy, she had Isaac's last name. Does that mean she's his sister? It would explain why she stuck so close to him.

Joo on the other hand was paired with 'Lance Theodore' and Gut Punch himself.

"Ha! Unlucky ass." Pierce joked.

"Hey, you got paired with only girls." Joo said, and then shook her head. "Wait, I'm paired with boys. Great."

Mara continued on and told them that they would get together with their teams once their first class begins. Their teams were their "lifeline" as Mara had stated. They should learn more about each other and work their strengths and weaknesses and build off of them.

After that, she said the most interesting thing Pierce had heard all day. They were about to get their academy training ships. In Hangar 016.

"That's what I'm talking about." Pierce said happily. "Best part of the day."

Joo and Pierce began to follow Mara to the hangar, Pierce walking as fast as possible.

Mood: Excited(Both)

Raelyn heard Sylva whisper about how they might not have a choice. She heard Mara rattle on about teams and started splitting them up into those teams. A second later, they were both put into Team one, along with someone called Pierce. Raelyn looked super happy that her new friend would stick with them. Then, her ears drooped as she realized Tommy was missing from the lineup. "What about Tommy?" She murmured to herself.

Mara continued and put Tommy in group six, along with two kids named Joo and Lance. Raelyn's heart skipped a beat. She was super nervous but having Tommy with her had made her feel more secure. Now it'd just be her and Sylva, and some other guy who could be mean or something. Tommy was her best friend, and now he'd be gone. She immediately felt anxious and looked at the group of kids with a new sense of smallness and dread. She needed Tommy. They always did stuff together, and now that they'd be apart things felt worse.

"What the fuck is this? Why couldn't they just keep us together. They know we're siblings, we have the same last name." Tommy muttered with a sense of aggression. "Why didn't Dad say anything about this?"

Sylva leaned over to whisper. Rae shook her head, her ears still drooping. Her invisible tail bushed up and wrapped around her in a protective sort of manner. "Me and Tommy always do things together." She whispered back. "I feel anxious being apart. I thought we would get to be together because we both signed up. But now we're getting separated."

Rae looked uneasy as the butterflies churned in her stomach. She'd become dependent on Tommy, and now it was hard to do it by herself. It was even worse when Mara said they'd be going into their teams right after their first class. She'd be having even less time with her brother than she'd thought.

Mara announced they'd be getting their training ships, but Raelyn looked less thrilled than she normally would be. The information passed right over her head. It didn't feel the same if she didn't get to share all this stuff with her brother.

Then Tommy slipped his hand into her's and gave a tight squeeze. "Hey. It'll be alright." He said in a soft tone, his expression completely gentle. He seemed like a completely different person in that moment. If that was someone's first impression of him, they'd be surprised to hear he gut punched a teacher. "We're gonna go look at your favorite. Ships. And we're getting our training ones. Maybe you'll even get to fly it. It's gonna be super fun, ok?"

Tommy seemed to help her a lot, and you could tell how strong their bond was, and why Rae was so nervous without her brother. He provided her with some much-needed support. "Yeah, right." She tried to look brave, but there was still some worry etched on her face.

Tommy waved for Sylva to follow as the group continued on to Hangar 016, Tommy gently tugging his sister along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back