• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Inter-Galactic Feuds - In-Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• Sylva GreenfieldLocation: Hangar Bay 018, Gunrange
    Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
    Current Weather: None
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:35am

Sylva saw and heard the anger in Tommy's voice. Rae broke her though, she could feel the anxiousness coming from Rae, "Rae--" Sylva didn't know what to say. She felt Rae's tail wrap around her leg but didn't say anything. She heard Tommy comforting Rae as he waved her along, Sylva ran to catch up, "Um... I'm not Tommy but... at least I'm a familiar face... right?" Sylva felt that wasn't sufficient enough though.

After all, she knew what it felt like to be reliant on a older sibling then be ripped away from them. For the longest time, Vincent took care of Sylva kind of like Tommy did then Vincent left to start his business and his presence became less and less, "Uh, R-Raelyn? I-I'll try to be a Tommy for you in his absence." Sylva pulled her mask up back over her face, she had no idea how to deal with this, "I-I can't be a t-tough guy but... y-you can lean on m-me, o-okay?" Sylva went back to her little stutter as she spoke like when she first met them, due to being met with an unfamiliar situation with Raelyn.

Tommy tugged Raelyn along as the class moved. She didn't feel excited for the training ships. Her mind worried about what she would do without Tommy. It was nerve wracking to be without her brother.

Sylva caught up with them and walked next to her. She said she wasn't Tommy, but at least she was a familiar face. She wouldn't be with people she didn't know. She'd have Sylva. She appreciated that, but it wasn't the same. She'd known Tommy her whole life. They were best friends and now he was being ripped away from her. Raelyn would rather have her brother with her.

Sylva surprised her, saying she'd try to be a Tommy for her in his absence. This got her to take her eyes off the ground and rest them on Sylva. She pulled up her mask and said that she couldn't be a tough guy, but that Raelyn could lean on her. She smiled and nodded, feeling warmth seep into her bones again.

"Thanks, Sylva. That means a lot." She smiled, her cheeks light pink. "And you can lean on me too. I have cool powers, so we'll be fine."

Rae didn't like to admit she had powers, because that was so unhuman. It set her apart as an alien, which was why she also liked to hide her tail in public. But she felt like she could tell Sylva, because the girl was kind. She'd tried to help her get through her anxiety over not being with her big brother. Raelyn could tell that she wanted to be good friends with Sylva.

Tommy just looked back at the two as he walked, completely surprised by Sylva. He recomposed himself a second later and gave her a nod that was his way of saying thank you.

• Sylva GreenfieldLocation: On the way to Hangar 016
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:35am

Sylva's eyes widened a bit but her expression as she looked away when Raelyn said she could lean on her, her cheeks turned pink under her mask, 'That's not fair, Rae...' she thought, 'This was suppose to be my moment...'

Sylva glanced at Tommy, who gave her nod, which only made more anxious but in a good way. She pulled up her mask more and blushed but it was hidden by the mask as she averted her gaze, 'Why did I say that...? Can I really be reliable to Raelyn?' She glanced once more at Tommy, 'At least Tommy looks somewhat impressed.. must mean I'm doing something good.'

Sylva nodded in response to Raelyn' comment though. She didn't know what to say though, basically this girl just admitted to being an alien. Not that Sylva cared since Aliens were more or less widely accepted, "You-you're an alien..?" She asked with innocence in her voice.

Last edited:

• Raelyn flinched when Sylva asked about her being an alien. She never liked to admit it. Even though it gave her cool powers and abilities, she'd rather be human. She would trade all that for being human in a heartbeat. She wanted so bad to be like Tommy and their father.

Raelyn nodded. "Technically, yeah." She admitted, looking away from Sylva as she did. "I wasn't born here, but I have lived here for basically my whole life. My parents were both aliens, I think. Which would make me one. But I don't know if you could call me one considering I've been here for a long time. I'm an earthling, which is probably the most alien thing I've ever said."

Tommy's grip got tighter around her hand. It was an awkward subject, much like with Tommy's mother. They didn't really discuss Raelyn's being an alien, or her real parents. The only time her and her brother spoke of it were when they were testing out her powers. They didn't know what species she was, so she could end up developing a lot of different powers out of nowhere. And that's basically how they started with the whole testing things out. Besides that, Raelyn being an alien was never really brought up among the Sanders family. And they all liked it that way. Isaac and Tommy never wanted to alienate Raelyn, literally. They were all a family, even though Raelyn wasn't a blood relative. She was Isaac's daughter and Tommy's sister and that was never going to change.

Tommy definitely didn't like the distinction. He seemed approving of Sylva before, but now he fixed her with a defensive glare. "She's my sister and that's that."

Current Mood: Scared/Anxious
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:37am

"Oh, I see." Sylva said quietly, "I guess that explains what I felt earlier." Sylva kinda flinched a bit when Tommy suddenly got defensive, "I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't say she wasn't... I w-was j-just surprised is all, Tommy." Sylva slowed down a bit to create a little more distance between them. Despite seeing his more gentler side, Sylva still seemed to be a bit more scared of Tommy, "I-I didn't m-mean any harm by it." She said and was all she could muster at the moment.

Unlike Raelyn at this time, Sylva didn't exactly have anyone to lean back on. The one person she could was currently near the person who was scaring her at the moment. She wanted to try and smooth things over but she was scared that anything she said further would only upset the big brother even more.

• Raelyn was glad that Sylva didn't respond with disgust or question her relationship with Tommy and Isaac. She never liked when she was set apart from them because she was an alien. Or because she was adopted. Is Tommy an alien then? How can you be brother and sister if you're an alien and he's a human? She hated when she got those kinds of questions. It felt very demeaning to have those things come into question when they were very normal at home. But not everyone thought a human adopting an alien child, and vice versa, was normal. She realized though that Sylva had just been curious, because she had mentioned her powers, but Tommy took it the other way. That's exactly how the bullying used to start.

"Surprised? What, you never seen an alien before or something?" Tommy scoffed. There seemed to be more humans among the students, but it still didn't make sense to him. Raelyn's unnaturally colored eyes and her elongated ears should give her away as an alien, and if she had her tail out it would be even easier to guess.

Rae squeezed Tommy's hand, which got his attention. He turned his glare from Sylva and a softer expression washed over him. A few moments of Raelyn giving him the sister stare and he sighed. "Sorry." He muttered to no one in particular.

Raelyn's elongated hers turned upwards from their drooping position and she looked back at Sylva. All this talk had almost made her forget about the team situation. Sylva had made her feel better, and now it was her turn. And the only thing she could really think of was to take her mind off it now that Tommy wasn't giving her his death glare. She let go of Tommy's hand and slowed down to match Sylva's pace. She gave a small smile and apologetic look. She didn't mind people being curious about what she could do. She just didn't like when it got into the family territory. But she knew Sylva didn't mean anything by it.

"Wanna see it?" She asked. "I haven't totally figured out the extent of my powers yet. It's something we've been working on, so it might not be as cool as what others can do."

She opted for showing Sylva her shadow powers, because her other ability was, well, dangerous. Spitting poison in this setting was dangerous with everyone around them, plus Raelyn thought poison coming out of her mouth would seem disgusting to Sylva. Or scare her further.

Her form dissipated; her own shadow being used to cover her until no one could see her. She was in the same spot as before, but now Sylva and Tommy, nor any of the other students could see her. She was invisible now.

After a few moments for affect Tommy got worried. "Rae, I think she gets it. You can come out now."

Raelyn reappeared on the opposite side of Sylva. "So, what'd you think?"

Current Mood: Scared/Anxious
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:38am

Sylva continued looking away as Tommy 'berated' her, "That's not it... I--" Sylva sighed quietly and whispered just loud enough to be heard, "It just didn't cross my mind... we just... hit it off. I guess I forgot... s-sorry..."

Sylva was a little surprised when Raelyn slowed down to meet her pace and asked if she wanted to see her powers, to which Sylva gave a tiny nod. Then Raelyn poofed, vanished. Sylva perked up a tiny bit and looked to where Raelyn was. She noticed Tommy getting worried and gave a small, unseen smile before jumping a bit when Raelyn appeared on the opposite side of her. It was an unintentional jump but because she was still scared/anxious, it still affected her.

Sylva took a moment to recollect herself, "I-It's neat. U-Useful for s-stealth ops or wh-whatever." She glanced at Tommy and a look of worry hit her face, "U-Uh not th-that you sh-should... u-um..." She looked away, "S-Sorry, th-that was a dumb thing to s-say." She looked over to Raelyn, "I-It is cool though. I-I wish I-I could disappear." She sighed lightly, "I-I could run from so many o-of my problems.."

• Raelyn watched the expressions on both of their faces as she reappeared. Tommy looked relieved, while Sylva did a tiny jump in surprise. Tommy was used to her disappearing and reappearing, so she knew he could stay calm when she popped back into view. But for people who hadn't seen her do it, it was always surprising. She kind of liked it, because she could show off something cool that she could do. She gave a small smile as Sylva recollected herself.

She said it was neat, useful in stealth operations. Rae had mostly used it for pranking Tommy and getting around the house unseen. She'd never thought about stealth operations. Ok, maybe not true. She'd used it one time to swipe the answer sheet off a teacher's desk for a test that she'd been super nervous about. It had been with Tommy's influence, and she felt really bad afterwards. She guessed maybe that was stealth ops, kind of.

Sylva seemed to glance at Tommy, and backtracked. There was still that stutter in her voice, and she was still wary of Tommy. Rae hadn't accomplished her goal. But much like Sylva she wasn't used to comforting people.

Sylva said she wished she could disappear, because it would help her run from problems. When Rae had been getting bullied, she'd used her powers for the same reason. She'd tried to disappear and run and hide till Tommy could get there and save the day.

"Yeah, that's what I used it for too." She admitted. "But I'm trying not to do that anymore. Tommy was teaching me how to punch, to defend myself." She made loose fists and punched the air. Then gave a chuckle at how awkward the punches were. "One, two. Like that, I guess. Though I'm not too great at it. I'm super-fast, not like super speed or anything, just naturally faster. Disappearing and running away is more what I'm used to. And trust me, it doesn't always work. It never used to solve the problem, just delayed it a little."

Tommy just let the girl's talk, leading them in the direction of where they were supposed to go.

Rae started in a whisper. "You don't need to run from Tommy. He'd never hurt you, especially since we're like...y'know." Raelyn didn't know if she should call them friends. She wanted to, but she didn't want to jump the gun and assume so. "He just wants to protect me. He gets defensive when my being an alien is brought up, that's all. He doesn't hate you, and I promise he doesn't have a list of people he wants to gut punch. And even if he did, you wouldn't be on that list for sure. Tommy usually doesn't do things that he thinks will make me upset. Remember that he's a softie inside. And if you want, I can tell him to stop being mean."

Current Mood: Relaxing...
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:39am

Sylva relaxed a bit when Raelyn went on to explain that she used to use her power to hide too then say that it never solved the problem, only delay it a little. Sylva looked a little dejected at that comment, 'Of course it wouldn't...' Then Raelyn began to whisper to Sylva about not being afraid of Tommy and that he's just a big softie, even offering to tell him to stop being mean.

Sylva looked away for a moment in thought then looked back at Raelyn and said back, louder then Raelyn whispered, "It's not that I'm afraid of him as a person, sure he's intimidating at first but I'm more scared of the way he conducts himself. His aggression and my passiveness... well they don't mix all that well." Sylva knew she was speaking just loud enough for Tommy to hear, this was purposeful though, "All things considered... I like him..." Sylva realized how that sounded and her face flushed, "U-Uh, n-not like th-that!" She calmed down a bit, "No, I think he's cool. It's really sweet that he treats you like you're his world..."

Sylva grabbed her mask and smiled under it, "It reminds me a lot of my brother. So I guess that's the aspect of him that I admire." Sylva mustered the confidence to take off her mask again and she smiled at Raelyn, "That being said though, I like you too, Rae!" Sylva paused for a moment and looked away, "Sorry.. w-was that... too far?"

• "Let's hope we can still see each other sometime outside of our groups, yeah?" Joo squeaked to Pierce. She didn't want to seem desperate to be friends with him, but she wanted to be near him at the same time. Maybe it was because he was her first friend here, but she already had herself emotionally attached to him.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Pierce responded without looking at her. "Maybe in the hallways or something."

Pierce was too distracted by he eagerness to see Hangar 016 that he didn't even here Gigi coming up behind him to climb us his back. The capuchin monkey quickly made her way up Pierce's back and perched on his shoulder, and that's when he finally realized.

"What the hell?" Pierce said as he slowly turned his head towards Gigi. He did his best not to make any sudden movements, and sweat rolled down his face as he fearfully stared at the monkey.

He had read about monkeys before, and I was never any good. The books he read talked about how they could carry viruses and diseases in their fur, fleas, and that some of them had sharp teeth, so of course he was scared that one was on his shoulder right now.

Pierce raised his left hand, prepared to swat at it, but before he could do so, a blonde haired boy approached the two and grabbed Gigi from his shoulder, apologizing while he did so.

Joo caught a glance at the back of the monkeys vest as Austin took ahold of it. 'Service Animal', it read, which explained a lot. Joo didn't think that the academy would just let a monkey in unless she had a purpose.

"Uhh..." Pierce brushed off his shoulder, trying to make sure no fur was attached to it. "Oi, don't even worry about it, man. As long as I didn't get killed."

"Killed?" Joo asked. "By a monkey?"

"Do you not read books, Joo? They always talk about how monkeys have sharp teeth and can be aggressive!"

"Wh-" Joo shook her head. What kind of books was he reading? "It's a service animal, I'm sure the monkey I'd trained."

"Service animal?" Pierce turned his gaze back to Austin and put up 4 fingers in front of the boys face. "How many fingers am I holding up?"

"I don't think he's blind."

Pierce put his fingers down and cupped his hands over his mouth.

"Can! You! Hear! Me?!" Pierce yelled out. If he had a service monkey, that meant he had some sort of disability, and Pierce seemed to have found that out, just in the worst way possible.

Health: Full
    Mood: Confused(Pierce) Disbelief(Joo)
    Injuries Sustained: None
    Mental Health: Full

• Turns out, Raelyn was wrong. Sylva wasn't scared of him, at least not his person. She was scared of the way he conducts himself, saying that his aggression and her passiveness did not mix. Sure they did. That was literally Tommy and Rae in a nutshell. One was aggressive, the other was passive, and they helped each other. Rae helped to keep Tommy straight and check him whenever he was being unnecessarily mean, and Tommy was there to defend her. He was the one who said when things were going too far and told Raelyn the scenarios where she had to stand up for herself. Rae had a tendency to put up with a lot of stuff that she shouldn't, and Tommy was there to say when the line was crossed. No one was going to take advantage of her with her big brother around.

She said she liked him, like friends, and she said it was sweet how much Tommy treated her like she was his world. Yeah, he was a very doting big brother. So basically Isaac, but if he was her big brother and not her father. Their father liked to dote on her and baby her, so maybe that's where Tommy gets it from. But he'd been like that since they were first introduced when he was six and she was somewhere between ten months to one year old.

Sylva said Tommy reminded her of her own brother, and they both thought back to Vincent who said something similar. Sylva said she liked Raelyn too, then asked if that was going too far, which Rae gave a strong shake of her head to.

"Not at all. I really like you too!" Raelyn said with a warm smile, her invisible tail doing another sway that again clipped Sylva in the leg, brushing lightly against her. "But I think you're thinking of it the wrong way. You and I are similar, and I mix well with Tommy, so I think you would as well."

"Not everyone is the same. Different people have different personalities, shouldn't that be obvious? Doesn't mean you can't get along." Tommy finally chimed in, after being so quiet. He snuck a quick glance at Sylva, and then fixed his vision back ahead. He knew exactly what Sylva was doing. "Besides, I wouldn't exactly call that move just now 'passive'. You're a mix, whether you think it or not."

Ok, that may be a weird thing to say, but Tommy meant personality wise. She was a mix of passive and aggressive. That move she just pulled was totally passive-aggressive, not so much in the negative light. She was talking loud enough for him to hear so that she didn't have to actually address him. Tommy would rather people say what's on their mind to him, rather than making him have to decode their every move. It got annoying. But Tommy understood Sylva was like Raelyn, who was not at all good with confrontation unless it was with people she was comfortable with. She could argue or combat Tommy all day, but when there was someone from school saying something rude, she was silent. Sylva seemed that type, especially with the mask that he didn't at all understand.

"Basically, Tommy likes you too." Raelyn summarized. "We both think it can work."

"No, I don't like her. You two are like friends now so I have to put up with her for your sake." Tommy didn't look at them, but if you were looking at him close enough you could see the faint pink on his cheeks. That was embarrassing to him.

Raelyn rolled her eyes, knowing full well the act that Tommy was trying to put on.

Current Mood: Embarrassed...
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:40am

Raelyn said that she didn't go too far with her comment, which put Sylva's heart at ease a bit, 'Thank god...'. However, Tommy saw through Sylva's passive-aggressive action but he didn't seem angry at it, "Sorry..." she said quietly. Tommy's end comment seemed distant but Sylva knew by the fact Tommy wouldn't make eye contact with them, that it wasn't the case, "What? 'Put up with me'? I'm not THAT annoying." Sylva crossed her arms.

Sylva felt a kind of warmness in heart though. She wondered why that was, she'll have to figure that out later. For now though, she began to wonder how far away exacty this next area was, "How long have we been walking? Feels like we've walking for like 5 minutes now."

• Pierce raised his eyebrows in surprise as Austin yelled back at him that he could hear just fine. The reason he raised his eyebrows was also because he caught a glimpse of Austin's prosthetic hands.

That, Pierce thought. Must be the reason that monkey is with him.

Austin went on to explain to Pierce and Joo that this capuchin monkey, Gigi, was raised in captivity. Meaning that she was a trained animal that didn't get aggressive unless threatened.

Just then, Gigi leapt from Austin's shoulder and over to a preppy looking girl who actually reached out to catch her. But instead on landing in her arms, Gigi tangled from her hand using her tail. The girl lifted her hand to let the monkey play with her hair, which was totally unexpected for Pierce.

"Sorry about him." Joo said, pushing past Pierce and going over to Austin. "I just met him, and I can already tell how weird he is." She outstretched her hand towards the boy. "I'm Joo Mi-Yeon, and my friend here is Pierce Eisendrachen."

"Eisenhower." Pierce corrected.

"Yeah, what he said. And you got my last name wrong too, so you can't be complaining." She looked back to Austin. "Nice to meet you."

Pierce turned and looked over to the pretty girl letting Gigi play around with her hair and began to walk her way. Once he got to her, he moved his eyes up and down to size her up.

"Are you like...Admiral's daughter or something?" he asked. "Everyone else here is dressed casually and, you look like a goddamn princess."

Pierce shook his head as he realize he might have offended her.

"I mean, respectfully. You look a little too pretty to be here. Respectfully."

Pierce gazed fearfully at Gigi as he awaited Courtney's response.

Health: Full
    Mood: Confused(Pierce) Friendly(Joo)
    Injuries Sustained: None
    Mental Health: Full

• Tommy heard the quiet sorry from Sylva but didn't say anything about it. But then she responded to his comment about him putting up with her. Indignance. He liked that. For some reason, being passive aggressive irritated him way more than if someone was just openly being a jerk. That wasn't Sylva's intent, but it felt better now that she was actually speaking to him again in a joking manner. The atmosphere became less tense, and less uncomfortable. Not that he cared if it had stayed that way.

"Yeah, you are." Tommy argued back. "Almost as annoying as this one here. Just speak what's on your mind. There's no way you'll ever hurt my feelings." He said the hurt my feelings bit with air quotes, thinking those were stupid words.

Raelyn shrugged with a smile, happy that everyone was calm again. "Have we? I didn't really notice." She looked around and then spotted blocky lettering. "I think we're here though."

And just like that they walked into a room that was lined with the same type of ship. Some varied but they were all similar in shape and size. Same amount of gun points, same wingspan. She even bet they ran the same with speed and agility, and they looked to have similar plating as well. Tommy thought they were just the same ship copied and pasted, but Raelyn could tell all of the little differences. She'd spent a lot of time reading up on different companies and their ships. Each one built them a little different. She could see a few Core Dynamics ones, as well one or two Nebula ships and a lot from other companies that were lower on the ranking scale. It seemed a lot of engineering companies wanted to put their hat in the academy ring. Smart, really. If the students saw how their training ships performed smoothly, they would most likely buy from the company that ship was made by, as long as it was within their budget.

Raelyn was dense with a lot of other things, but when it came to ships, she could see even the miniscule things like marketing strategies.

As Raelyn gazed at the ships her violet eyes lit up and her invisible tail swayed wildly. This was exactly what she was here for. The thrill of riding through space in one of those babies. She bounced on the ball of her feet, pointing at ships and elbowing Tommy. "Yeah, I see them. I have eyes y'know." Tommy responded, though he smirked at the reaction from his baby sister. It brought him so much joy to see Rae that happy.

Tommy rolled his eyes at their father's half assed explanation of the rules, who read the rules as if he were a child that was made to wash the dishes. He then referred to the man next to him, calling him Sleepy, and asking if he missed anything. Had that guy just gotten there? He hadn't given an introduction yet, so the class was left with questions as to who he was.

"Who's that guy?" Raelyn asked, looking at both Sylva and Tommy.

Tommy shrugged, "Probably just some random ass teacher. Don't really care. I'm tired of these teachers."

"Dad's a teacher."

"Yeah, like I said, I'm tired of them."

After that Raelyn just shook her head and sighed.

• Pierce cocked his head to the side at Courtney's brash and rude comments.

"I mean, now that I think of it, you don't." Pierce responded to Courtney sarcastically saying she looked like the Admiral. Before he could react to her other words, things got disrespectful.

Courtney began to verbally harass Pierce as she gave h what was some sort of 'warning'. She told him that it'd be smart he actually used his brain before saying the things he had said before. Courtney was causing a bit of a scene checking him like that, and Pierce's face felt hot as the eyes on him grew immensely. She continued on about how he could have just respectfully asked Austin about his disability and why he had a monkey, which Pierce shook his head at. To him, it just didn't seem natural. Changing your entire approach at things just to be 'respectful'. And he also didn't understand why she was the one that was pressed.

If it was Austine scolding him, he would've quickly apologized for offending him and wouldn't do it again. But no, instead this prissy rich looking girl who stood off to the side reprimanded him. Strange.

After agreeing about something to Austin again, Courtney turned her back on Pierce and continued to say something about an accident. Apparently an accident Austin had been in. She told him that he shouldnlearn to shut his trap, because he didn't need 'wise guys' like him messing up his newfound stability. And then, she walked off and handed Austin back hismonkey, leaving Pierce to stand alone, thinking about the rant.

"Damn." he muttered to himself. "What has her panties in a bunch?"

Pierce rubbed the back of his neck as he walked back over to Joo. He still didn't quite understand the harm behind his actions. To him, he was just talking. Not insulting anyone or being disrespectful, just talking. Guess his kinda talk isn't take well by the people here at the academy. What is this, the second person who's been angry at him for a reason he didn't understand? Gut Punch, and now Princess over here.

• Sylva GreenfieldLocation: Hangar 016
    Current Mood: Calmed
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:40am

Skyla looked around as they entered the hangar. Making note of the different ships, Core Dynamics, Nebula etc. it really felt like they were trying to sell you on their ships. A parasitic yet brilliant business decision. Take advantage of the students and poison their minds on your brand of ships. She knew everyone did it, even Vincent did.

Skyla noticed the awe on Rae's face then they both noticed the new teacher, "Sleepy?" Then the new teacher proceeded to introduce himself then it clicked as to why his nickname was Sleepy, the man really couldn't seem to stay awake.

Cal Wyman was his name, introduced himself as the 'Advanced Tactics and Strategies' teacher. Wait, advanced?! There was basic Tactics and Strategies? Skyla sighed, "Advanced..." She dreaded.

• Just as Tommy and Raelyn were finishing their exchange, Cal introduced himself. He was Cal Wyman, the advanced tactics and strategy teacher. Tommy raised an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed by Cal. He didn't look like much given his sleepy demeanor. Tommy was confident he could take the guy in a fight.

Meanwhile, Raelyn was barely paying attention to Cal. She was preoccupied by the ships, really wanting to just be able to fly already. But it was only orientation, so they probably wouldn't get to fly. She heard Sylva mutter next to her. "It'll be fine." She tried to reassure her friend. "We're new so they'll go easy on us."

Maybe that didn't really help, but Raelyn wasn't exactly a hundred percent on what Sylva was worried about since she'd been preoccupied.

"Advanced my ass." Tommy muttered to them. "The guy looks like he's counting sheep. He shouldn't be much of a problem."

Raelyn still wasn't paying much attention, so Tommy was safe from her. They both looked back towards their father as they heard his voice. He told them to watch out for their names, because they would all be getting a number. That number would be whatever ship they were assigned to. Suddenly, Raelyn's focus was trained on the teachers.

He called out numbers to five, and then Raelyn heard her name on six. Her eyes wandered over to Jet 6. Then to Jet 7 as it was announced to be Tommy's. He held out a fist and she bumped it with hers. They were right next to each. Of course the siblings with the same last name would be right next to each other. Another two names and they heard Sylva's at ten.

Raelyn smiled at Sylva. "We're close to each other."

They heard a familiar name five later. Joo Mi-Yeon, one of Tommy's teammates. The next familiar one was Pierce Eisenhower, Raelyn and Sylva's third teammate. Then Lance Theodore, the last member of Tommy's team. Isaac told them to go check out their ships, which Raelyn was greatly appreciative of.

Rae grabbed hold of Sylva's wrist and started dragging her in the direction of their ships. "C'mon, let's go!"

Tommy had smirk on his face as he watched his little sister get so excited. "Rae, you're gonna end up pulling her arm out of its socket."

Last edited:

Current Mood: Regretful/Sad
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:42am

Sylva glanced at Tommy as he made his sleep comment, "Well... you aren't wrong but... maybe it's not something he can control..." She said timidly. Before Tommy could answer her, she found herself dragged off by Raelyn towards the ships. SHe seemed excited, saying she and Raelyn were close. Sylva couldn't help but giggle a bit, "Yeah, yeah." Once they arrived at their ships, Sylva held her shoulder and referred back to Tommy's shoulder comment, "She already pulled it out of its socket." She joked as she rolled her shoulder.

She looked at Raelyn's ship then down a few ships to hers, Jet 10, "I'm gonna go check mine out. I'll be back." Sylva departed to her ship. She approached it and a ramp lowered in a steamy, cinematic way. The ship looked beat-up but there was only so much you could do, especially with academy ships. Sylva placed her hand on a hydraulic, almost as if she was sensing its heartbeat, "You've been through a lot... haven't you?" She said quietly to the ship, as if it could hear her.

She walked up the ramp and wandered around a bit, familiarizing herself with the ship's layout. It was spacious enough to walk around comfortably but small enough that it still was the size of a fighter spacecraft. Eventually Sylva found the cockpit and the Commander's chair. She sat in it and was immediately by her ship's onboard AI, "Greetings, Commander. Please state your full name." Sylva was surprised a bit, "Oh! U-Uh... S-Sylva Greenfield..." The ship was silent for a second, "Commander registered. Welcome Aboard, Miss Greenfield. Master Greenfield has left a surprise for his sister. Transmitting message." The ship's HUD suddenly morphed into a projected image of Vincent's face.

"Hey, sis! I hoped you would get this ship, so if you're readin' this... uh... congrats! I left something for ya in the ship's computer." Sylva began to search the ship's computer and she found something. Something made her recoil back a bit, "Ya remember that promise we made to our mom before she died, right? This is me fullfillin' my end of the promise, sis." Sylva looked at the computer, her eyes were tearing up, "I promised mom that I would set ya for your future. So, if you've found it, in the encoded file labeled 'Mom's Promise'. My present to you is in there, thing is... ya have to decode it and I kiiiiinda forgot where I left the decoder stick. Sorry." The recording paused for a second, "I'll help you find it though. I will get that gift to you. I promise. I love you, sis. See ya." The recording ended and Sylva was left softly sobbing in her commander's chair, "Vincent... you idiot..." She said in between sobs, "I had... completely forgotten and you didn't... what kind of sister am I who forgets the promise they make to their mom..."

Last edited:

• Raelyn pulled Sylva all the way to her ship, then let go and looked starry eyed at it. Behind her, Sylva was joking with Tommy about how she had already pulled Sylva's arm out of its socket. Tommy chuckled like he was actually enjoying himself. It seemed oddly genuine for him. "Now you know to stay far away from Rae whenever she's in the zone." His tone wasn't serious at all, meaning his words were a joke at his sister's expense.

Sylva said she'd be right back, to which Tommy had to put his hand on Raelyn's head and physically turn her around so she focused on something other than the ship. "Oh, you got it!" She waved to Sylva and then turned back to her own ship, with Tommy's right next to hers. They both walked up to their ships in unison and the ramp lowered down at the exact same time, as if they were twin ships, always doing everything in succession. They turned to one another, giving a grin to each other.

"See you on the other side." Tommy said, which Rae gave a roll of her eyes to. Well, wasn't he being dramatic today. Another soft joke from Tommy.

Raelyn practically ran up the walkway, leaving her older brother behind. Usually, she wasn't so quick to leave his side, feeling anxious when he wasn't there to protect her, but this was a whole other ball game. She immediately felt comfortable upon entering the ship. So comfortable that her invisible tail became visible. There was no need to hide it anymore, because it was just her and the ship. No one to comment about her being an alien, while the rest of her family were humans. Perfect.

She immediately went to the cockpit, passing by all the other wonders of the ship. She felt giddy the second she saw the Commander's seat. Her dream was finally being realized. She sat in it, finding it cushy and nice. Though she had to wrap her tail around where it rested on her lap, so it didn't get crushed up against the seat.

"Greetings, Commander. Please state your full name."

Raelyn literally jumped in her seat with a yelp, arching backwards and jumping off it. The claws on her hands dug into the headboard, already damaging her fine ship. The fur on her tail puffed up dramatically, her violet eyes taking on slits. She instinctively went to dig in with the claws on her feet as well but realized a moment too late that she had shoes on. That wasn't happening. She thought fast, using her incredible agility and reflexes to wrap her legs around the chair, securing herself in place. She hid behind the headboard, slowly moving her head up so she could see that it was just the ships AI. Her pupils slowly dilated back to their normal position, and she let out a sigh.

Rae let go and grimaced at the damage she'd caused to the headboard. Maybe it was something Vincent could fix, though she dreaded having to explain it to him. Maybe she could bring along Sylva, since they were brother and sister, and have an easier time with him. It just seemed embarrassing to have to admit that she'd clawed at the headboard because she'd been frightened, acting like a total cat. She imagined him laughing at her again. She hoped that Sylva didn't laugh if she ever told her. Honestly, she'd thought anyone would laugh at what she'd done, not just Vincent.

She gingerly sat back into her seat and said with clear purpose. "Raelyn Sanders."

A few moments passed, and this time she didn't get scared when the AI spoke. "Commander registered. Welcome Miss Sanders."

"Uh, thanks." Was all she said. AIs seemed weird to her. She didn't say anything else, just familiarized herself with the controls on the panel. Then she went exploring on the ship. She already knew most of the basic layout of fighter jets from reviewing images online but being in the real thing was so much different. She toured around the ship, and eventually came back to the cockpit one last time. She stood, resting her hand over the control panel with a smile plastered to her face. The smile faltered as she felt something below the control panel. Scratches that definitely didn't come from her if anyone asked.

She kneeled down and looked up, finding a single message engraved into bottom of the control panel. 'Sandstorm was here'

"Dad?" She wondered. Then she thought to ask the AI on board, even though having a robot on the ship unnerved her. "Uh, robot person, did Isaac Sanders ever use this ship?"

"Isaac Sanders is registered as a previous owner of Jet 6."

"That's awesome!" Her tail wagged rapidly. "I wonder if Dad was the one who did that."

Rae could not wait to tell Tommy.

Current Mood: Regretful/Sad
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:43am

Sylva grabbed the small tube that acted as little computer, it projected a screen in the air above it. Think of those mobile screen from Star Trek. She left her ship, wiping the tears from her eyes, she saw Tommy and Raelyn through the blur that was was tears. She saw Rae was having a great time but noticed something off in Tommy. She completely wiped her tears and pocketed the mini screen.

Sylva walked up to the pair, electing to ignore it since she figured it was just Tommy being Tommy, "Hey, guys." Her voice was still a little shaky, "How'd everything go with your ships?" She asked.

Last edited:

• Sylva walked up a moment later asking how everything went. Tommy noticed the shake in her voice, but Raelyn didn't since she had ships on the brain. She never noticed anything when she was preoccupied with ships. Tommy had his hands in his pockets and shrugged, looking away. "Eh."

Meanwhile, his hand was holding the small camera in his pocket tight. Raelyn was bursting with excitement. "What do you mean, eh?" She prodded. "It was amazing. I got to sit in the commander's seat, and then this voice came on. It was a little creepy to have some random robot ask for my name out of the blue. Guess that's what Dad wanted us to do, get registered. Though he could've told us." She pouted for a second, remembering how the AI had scared her. Then she brightened up. "I can't wait to fly it in space. It's gonna be so awesome."

Then she remembered that the ship belonged to Isaac. "Oh, yeah, and guess what. Jet 6 was my dad's training ship when he was here! Isn't that cool?"

Raelyn was bouncing, while Tommy wasn't looking as thrilled. Not even at the mention of their dad, and that Rae got his ship. "How was yours? Was there a creepy robot voice on yours too?"

Current Mood: Cheery
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:44am

Sylva tilted her head at Rae's odd question, "Y-Yeah, but that's standard on all ships. Did you not know that?" Sylva thought for a moment, "Yeah, I guess a little warning would've been nice, huh?" Sylva kinda tried delaying actually answering Raelyn's question but she eventually did, "Uh but yeah, mine went... okay, I guess. My brother tampered with mine, I guess it being a Core Dynamics ship, he'd have a little say in that." Sylva rubbed her arm softly, "He..." She shook her head, "Nevermind, that's not important. I hear tomorrow's an off day, maybe they'll let us fly our ships around the academy grounds. If not, that's fine but I don't have any plans for tomorrow."

• Raelyn shrugged while giving a little pout. Of course she knew. She knew everything about ships. It just scared her, coming out of nowhere like that. "Yeah, I knew. Just wasn't expecting it as soon as I sat in the chair."

Then Sylva answered, saying hers went ok, but she didn't sound too sure of that. She said her brother tampered with it, but Raelyn didn't know why that sounded like a bad thing to Sylva. Well, because the truth of what he'd done wasn't even a possibility in her mind. She had no way of knowing anything about that, because they'd just met and all.

Rae was thinking more along the lines of ship modification. Vincent probably already gave his sister's ship a boost based on what she liked. But looking over to ship 10, it looked pretty much the same as the other ships. Only a little different considering it was a Core Dynamics ship, like Sylva said. But still like all the others. Raelyn tilted her head, her violet eyes as penetrating as a cat's. And she was just as curious as one too.

"But what did he-" Rae began, but Tommy put a hand on her shoulder. He shook his head, saving Sylva from Rae's probing. She was clearly uncomfortable, and Raelyn was being insensitive with her one-track mind.

With the check from Tommy, Raelyn dropped it, though she looked disappointed. Sylva switched topics, talking about how tomorrow was an off day, and that maybe they'd let them fly the ships around a bit. She already knew how to make Rae happy again. Sylva then explained about how she didn't have any plans for tomorrow.

Rae gasped. "We should totally do something then! Well, if they don't let us fly the ships tomorrow, then we can make plans together. Maybe we could go see a movie or something. What do you think?"

"Wasn't doing anything anyways."

"I wasn't asking you Tommy." Raelyn said in a joking manner. Tommy lightly hit her arm. "So, what would you wanna do, Sylva?"

Current Mood: Cheery
    Current Time: August 5th, 3251. 7:45am

Sylva braced herself when Rae began to ask a question but was stopped by Tommy. She glanced at Tommy and gave him a nod as if saying 'Thank you.'

Rae's tuned changed when Sylva mentioned the off day and whatnot, asking what she wanted to do. Tommy chimed in saying he wasn't doing anything but Rae joked back saying she wasn't asking him. Sylva giggled softly then going back to asking what Sylva wanted to do, "I dunno. If they let us fly tomorrow, I'd really like to get to now the controls on my ship better." Sylva said that, but she just liked to get a head start on things.

• Sylva said she'd like to learn the controls for her ship better, which got Rae starry eyed again. Her tail clipped Tommy's leg as it wagged, which prompted him to look towards her. It was still invisible, and still scared everyone it touched when it brushed against them.

"I can teach you! Dad let me fly his ship around a bunch, so I know a lot of the controls already." Raelyn offered, feeling excited at just the prospect of being able to show her new friend how to fly a ship. It was something special, that she knew how to do early. People didn't usually depend on her, so it felt good when they did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back