• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Inter-Galactic Feuds - In-Character

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• Lance TheodoreLocation: Hangar 016
    Interactions: SharkBark SharkBark
    Current Mood: Excited
    Current Weather: None
    Current Time: August 6th, 3251.

Lance reached his hand out as Pierce made the claim to fly, "Wha- hey wait!" It was too late, Pierce had already claimed the pilot seat. Lance chase after him, "Hey, dude, you do have your own ship. You know that right?" Lance looked around for a second, "You did get assigned a ship... right?" Lance sighed, "Whatever. You're lucky this ship has a co-pilot seat." He said, sitting down in the co-pilot's seat, "Be careful with my ship, Skippy."

Last edited:

• Raelyn and Tommy watched as Sylva flew about, finding her way with the controls. "Tommy, she's doing it!"

"Anyone could figure that out."

"Says Mr. Can't Turn."

Before Tommy could come back with a retort, Sylva came flying back to them with an explanation. "I've seen my big brother do that move plenty of times... that was... exhilarating."

Well, that explained it. She'd said before she'd never flown before, but she'd seen her brother fly so she learned some stuff, just like Raelyn had learned stuff from their father, albeit from being in the captain's seat with their father in copilot, getting the hands-on experience that probably wasn't allowed from someone who wasn't even in training. But that was their father, Tommy realized. He let kids do things they probably shouldn't be doing, even his own students, to foster their minds and give them hands on experience. Even now, this was one of his dad's lessons. Right now, they got to figure out for themselves what worked and what didn't. And obviously Sylva's brother knew his stuff, if that was his move.

But before they could push forward, their ships went dark. "Tommy?" Raelyn called out, "Sylva? Are your ships acting weird too?"

But no answer came.

Rae looked around her ship. Everything was off. It was so dark, though the darkness didn't bother Rae as she had night vision, but she bet it bothered Sylva and her brother as humans. She looked out the window to her brother's ship. Everything seemed dark, and he wasn't moving as well. So, maybe the same was happening to the others. She'd never experienced anything like this when she was flying with her dad. Comms were down, so she couldn't talk to Sylva and Tommy, the ships were completely dark, none of the buttons and levers were moving, and she didn't know how exactly they were going to get a message back to the academy if they couldn't even contact each other. They'd have to wait for someone to notice the ships were missing for longer than they should be out, or for another ship to come over. But what could be wrong with the ships? Were they just old? Was there something wrong with their circuits? Maybe she could pop a panel off and take a look inside the main frame, though she wasn't much of an engineer. She knew her way around the parts, but she wouldn't say she was confident with messing around with them for a solution.

Her brain was running with a million thoughts in a second. She tried to remain calm, to not freak out about something that could get resolved soon enough, but telling herself to stay calm really didn't help. And then, as she looked up to see if she could see Sylva or Tommy through the window, to maybe get a message to them through the window and coordinate a plan of attack, her heartbeat started racing a mile a minute. Suddenly, in front of Sylva's ship was a giant thing. Sylva's ship looked like a mouse compared to it. It looked like a flower with twenty different stems all attached to one head. No, not stems, tentacles. Two of them hurtled through space and attached onto Sylva's ship, rocking it like one of those coin operated spaceships that Rae used to love when her father took her down the boardwalk as a kid. But it was not a fun ride this time.

Suddenly, an explosion of pain was sent through Raelyn's brain. She dropped her vision from the window, from the horrendous sight, as feelings and memories passed through to her. She remembered tubes strapped to a small body, like those tentacles attached to the ship, wiggling around like her small, furred tail that went in and out of existence as she played with her cloaking powers. Then the image of those odd ships came into her brain, too sentient looking and yet devoid of anything that reminded her of sentience. She remembered it. She remembered seeing those things floating out in the sky, huge and terrifying, and reaching out her small hand, wishing to be like them, free to fly. And the next thing she knew, the flashes were gone and replaced by a massive headache, her ears ringing and popping, and her hands moving up to cradle them. The edges of her vision were blackened as she looked up to catch the last sights of the massive ship as it cloaked itself and her chest heaved with breath she hadn't known she was neglecting herself of. She no longer had the strength to keep up her constant hiding of her tail with her powers, and it was now in full view, puffed up like a startled cat.

"Syl! Syl! Sylva!"

Tommy's voice came through to Sylva's ship, finally it seemed, as he had been calling out to her the entire time. He wiped the deposit of sweat that had grown on his brow, licking his dry lips and tasting salt. The back of his throat burned and ached from the constant yelling, and his hands and fingers felt raw from slamming against the main board and trying anything to get his ship to turn on without breaking the damn thing. He'd yanked the throttle forward so hard that he thought the entire thing would come off in his hand, though the Admiral would have to get off his ass about that one if he did, since he was trying to save Sylva, even if the attempt led to nothing in the end.

At some point in his screaming, he'd figured out that when the ships had died, comms had switched off as well. He couldn't reach his sister, and Sylva was in immediate danger. But he couldn't help continuing to scream his head off inside his airtight ship, knowing no one but himself could hear him, because what else could he do? It was the only thing that gave him solace when he saw the tentacles attaching onto the ship, and probably about to rip it in half. It pulsed some weird green energy, and Tommy was sure it was getting ready to blast Sylva's ships to bits like he'd seen on his favorite T.V. show when he'd been six. But it simply detached, turned, and showed off what seemed like millions more tentacles before it cloaked itself again.

His eyes flicked down to his ship as it seemed to be rebooting. His eyes were fixed on Sylva's ship, still not turned around, until the ships rebooted fully and he could get Sylva and Raelyn back on comms. When the call opened up between them, no one said anything. Tommy was the first to speak, tripping over his words with breathless resolve.

"Sylva, Rae, are you guys ok?"

Raelyn continued to say nothing, still cradling her head in her hands with the headache receding slowly. The silence made Tommy's heart throb painfully as if a knife had just been twisted into it. He willed one of them to say something. To know that his sister was safe, and that Sylva hadn't been pulverized by that horrifying thing. He needed to know she was alright.

• "Definitely start using that leash," Joo replied with a nod. "Not everyone is going to be as cool with her on them as Pierce and I are. And, no. I'm not sick. I just came to...study. I was asking the doctors around here some medical questions. Like getting an early lesson in. I personally cannot wait for classes to begin. Not even just health class. Piloting, engineering, weaponry, tactics, etcetera."

Joo pulled a strand of hair from her face. "Enough about me. What are you and Gigi doing in the medical bay?" She cocked her head slightly and glanced down at Austin's arms for a second, then immediately back up. Then with a slight grin, she said, "I, uh, could take a guess though."

• Sylva GreenfieldLocation: Hangar 016
    Interactions: AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
    Current Mood: Terrified
    Current Weather: None
    Current Time: August 6th, 3251.

There was a minute of silence from Sylva as Tommy called out to her and Raelyn. Suddenly, her engine flared to life and her ship began moving forward then immediately her ship started to turn around to head back to Earth, "I... I think I'm done... done f-or today, g-guys." Sylva said in a rather dead yet terrified tone as she passed them, not even stopping to check on Raelyn. There seemed to be absolutely no emotion from Sylva, then her engine went full bright as she pushed her ship to max speed on re-entry, her ship's computer screaming at her with flashing red lights and the message, "REDUCE SPEED." over and over until Sylva finally snapped out of her 'trance' and reduced her speed to safer speeds and the message and lights stopped.

As she approached the hangar, the doors began to open to let her in and she landed, albeit roughly. Going to stand and finding she couldn't stand, her legs were jelly and she couldn't find the strength to stand.

Last edited:

• Pierce looked down at his phone in his lap for a moment, completely missing the other ship zooming by. When he finally looked up, all he could see was Lance's surprised expression.

"Hm?" said Pierce. "What are you talking about?"

He leaned forward and peered further out the window, trying to figure out what he had just missed. But, it was just clear skies. Not a single thing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Pierce glanced back at Lance, the same confused expression spreading across his face.

"Uh, you good, bro?"

Mood: Confused
    Condition: Perfect

Interactions: Kumii Kumii
    Mentions: Kumii (again)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back