• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Instant Family

Pedro nodded some and gave a heavy sigh "I'm sorry my love." He murmured before he slowly got up and made his way to their room cleaning himself up before they made their way back to everyone.

Max smiled softly at them and gave a small nod "They shouldn't be long." She said softly before she got drinks for everyone. Once she had sat down again she smiled seeing Carmen and Pedro coming in

Carmen went to sit down by Carlos, helping him get what he wanted on his plate before they all dug in, just keeping an eye on her husband, worrying about him all through the rest of the day, letting him fall asleep laying on her while they did presents in the living room. “So I got both guest rooms set up. I don’t know who wanted to have Ana in their room overnight but there’s space in either for the travel cot.” She told max quietly while Jeff was helping Carlos to get the wrapping paper thrown away and she gently woke Pedro up to get him up to bed.

Jeff stayed down there with Max and chucked the stuff in their outside trash can then came back in and sat on the couch sighing some while he lifted a very sleepy Ana into his arms, "You know you wanna go to sleep." He cooed to her some "But you think you're gonna miss out on something super cool... I promise you won't." He smiled as she grumbled and fussed about it but as he rocked her more she was losing the fight against it and eventually was passed out against his shoulder, "You should take her tonight, I'm gonna be up and down, my back is pretty bad." He mumbled and rubbed at his face some.

Max was helping clean up around the house after presents smiling at Carmen and thanking her before she got Pedro up to bed. She looked at Jeff when she walked in seeing Ana fighting sleep "Alright I can do that." She said softly before she reached under the tree and pulled out the last gift "Here....this one is for you." She said softly before she took Ana and made her way to the guest room she would be staying in.

Pedro was worn out after dinner and some of the presents being opened. The next thing he knew Carmen was shaking him awake for bed "Hey....sorry about that, did the kids like their gifts?" He asked quietly as he made his way up to bed with her "I hope Carlos liked his first Christmas here." He murmured

She smiled some "I thought I was meant to be the worrier." She teased gently, "I've just got him settled in his room... Told him as long as he is quiet he can stay up late as he wants tonight." She told him, getting into bed with him and just snuggled in close "You got to miss the awkwardness between Jeff and Max over the presents they got for Ana." She smiled some, holding his hand and playing with his fingers, "Carlos loves his bike.... he's excited to be able to ride with his friends." She murmured, kissing his nose, "I love you." She murmured tiredly. There was so much that she wanted to say to him every night these days, but she never knew where to start and he knew i all anyway but she was getting more and more worried about him every day.

Jeff sighed quietly. He hadn't gotten her anything, half because he didn't want to and half because he hadn't really been able to go out to the mall or anything lately but he leaned back on the couch with his beer, promising to turn lights out on his way up the stairs before he started opening it.

Pedro smiled some at her and nodded a bit "Thats great to hear, I'm happy he had such a good day." He said quietly chuckling some at the comment about Max and Jeff "I love you Carmen.....more that absolutely anything in this world and...look if I....if I don't make it I want you to be happy okay? Whether it be with another man or alone, I want you happy." He said softly to her before he started to fall asleep

Max smiled some as she layed Ana down getting her in some night clothes before she layed her in the travel cot making sure she was safe and snug. She changed as well before she made her way back downstairs to make herself a glass of water.

She smiled sadly at him, kissing his forehead befor curling in close as she could, "I promise I will try." She murmured before she drifted off next to him.

Jeff frowned, standing up when he heard her and headed into the kitchen, "Thank you." He mumbled, holding up the paw print framed. They'd lost Bisou a month ago and he'd been broken up over it since. The two of them had been through hell together and she'd always been a constant there for him. Her being gone now had been so much harder than he ever expected.

Max gave a small nod and smiled softly "I know how much she meant to you...now you have a piece of her forever." She said softly before taking a sip of her drink "I'm gonna hesd on to bed...sleep good." She murmured softly

Pedro held her close to him for a bit until he finally fell asleep as well holding her close

Jeff went to bed after that, dreaming about Max for the first time in forever.

Carmen woke up super early in the morning and rolled over, groaning a little at the frustration of being awake so early but frowned seeing Pedro stood up in the corner of the room, "Pedge? Honey.... You okay?" She mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and sat up ready to help him if he needed it.

Pedro frowned some as he looked at the woman in bed starting to panic some "Who..where..who are you?! Where am I?!" He asked still staying in the corner of the room not knowing what else to do.

Max woke up the next morning to Ana fussing next to her. She got up and picked her up bouncing her some "Oh shh shh its okay princess, mommy is here." She said softly kissing the side of her head gentlyn

She froze and looked over at him, turning the light on. "Hey... Hey it's alright... Pedro honey, it's Carmen... your wife." She coaxed, "We're at home." She murmured to him, starting to freak out internally, "Pedro it's okay, you're sick, come back to bed." She pleaded quietly, standing up and walking over to him slowly

Jeff oke up smiling a little hearing her fussing through the walls having barely slept with his back being in so much pain but he was trying to rest, eventually getting up and making his way into the other guest room, reaching for Ana some when she wouldn't calm down with Max.

Max gave a small sigh when Ana immediately calmed down seeing Jeff "She is such a daddy's girl." She said softly before smiling at him "Good Morning by the way." She murmured sitting next to him on the bed

Pedro shook his head taking a deep breath moving away from her before shakimg his head "No...no I don't...I'm not married." He said pushing her away some "Stay away from me! I don't know who you are!"

"Pedro stop... look at your hand... Your left hand baby, that's your wedding ring. We got married in Chile twelve years ago... We live in New York... Honey look." She coaxed, grabbing their wedding photo off his nightstand and showing it to him, "Sweetheart you have cancer and a tumor in your brain which I'm guessing is responsible for you not knowing anything right now but it's alright, you're safe here." She rambled on, worried sick now.

Jeff smiled some, "Yeah she is... Cause she knows Daddy's a sucker for crocodile tears and will spoil her rotten." He chuckled quietly, pausing when they could hear raised voices coming from Carmen and Pedro's room, "That's early... We should head out sooner than later... Don't wanna overstay our welcome at the minute." He muttered

Pedro frowned more looking at his ring and them the photo taking in a shaky breath "I....I can't remember any of it." He said quietly letting a few tears fall as he looked at her again "I understand what you're saying but I don't know you." He explained

Max gave a small smile and laughed softly "Yeah thats true." She murmured stroking back some of Ana's dark brown curls "She looks just like you." She said quietly but frowned hearing the voices from bedroom "Yeah let me clean up the rooms and we can head out." She murmured

Carmen frowned stepping closer slowly. “Hey, it’s alright, come sit back down okay? I’m gonna call your doctor and see if we should go in.” She coaxed gently with him, eventually getting him to sit down and she went to call the neurologist at the hospital, explaining what was going on. “He’s freaking out and I don’t know what I should do... should I bring him in?”

Jeff nodded and took ana to get her cleaned up and dressed for the day, getting her downstairs after that and made up a bottle for her, kissing her head while he fed it to her.

The neurologist listened to Carmen asking her a few other questions before he made his final decision "Bring him in, we need to take a look at the tumor and see whats going on." He said quickly

Max came down once she was done and frowned some seeing Carmen coming down and grabbing shoes "Everything okay?" She asked looking at her friend with worried eyes "Do you need us to watch Carlos?" She asked when she heard her day they had to leave.

She frowned but nodded. “Please... it’s bad.” She mumbled and took pedros shoes up to him eventually coaxing him out to the car and driving him straight to the hospital to get checked. “Please I know this is really scary but we’re gonna help you okay?” She coaxed as she took him inside and straight to the neurologists department.

Jeff frowned when max came in and said they were staying. “Is everything alright?” He asked her as Ana was falling asleep again.

Max gave a nod and frowned going to see Jeffrey "We're staying to watch Carlos...I don't know whats wrong but Carmen said it was serious." She explained sighing softly looking at Ana laughing softly "Oh she is still a sleepy baby."

Pedro frowned more but followed her out taking a deep breath as they walked "Hey slow....slow down.." he panted as they made their way into the hospital trying to catch his breath

She frowned slowing right down for him and just placed a hand on his back gently guiding him along quickly as he could manage before getting him sat down and she went to get him signed in, shaking a little from the stress of it all.

Jeff frowned some but nodded. “I’m gonna go back to bed with her for a bit.” He told her kissing Anas head before taking her up to his guest room, curling up with her and just watching his daughter while she slept.

Pedro sat down panting some watching her "Hey don't shake....its okay." He said softly looking around sighing some getting up when they heard his name "I guess thats us?"

Max gave a nod and looked over at Carlos as he came into the room "Hey there honey...your mom and dad had to go out so Jeff and I are going to watch you for now." She explained

She nodded some and got up going in with him chewing on her lip and watching him. That was the worst she’d seen his breathing as well but she didn’t want to freak him out anymore than he already was.

Carlos frowned but nodded. “Okay... can I have some juice please?” He asked her yawning some and going to give Edgar his breakfast

Max gave a nod making him juice and some breakfast smiling some "Did you sleep good?" She asked softly

Pedro followed her slowly to the room he needed to be in "What will they do?" He asked quietly

She frowned rubbing his arm gently. “I don’t really know... probably a scan or two... they’ll probably run you through tests.” She mumbled gently tapping his chest where the port was for his chemo. “You’ve been having treatment for a while for this.... it’s not been working.” She mumbled rubbing her face looking up when his neurologist walked in. “Sorry to bother so early.” She mumbled her hands still shaking.

He nodded and sat down. “Where did they go?” He asked her quietly as he turned the lights on. “We got capn crunch on the top shelf. Dad puts it up there so only he can reach it and no one eats all his cereal.” He told her

Max smiled and got the cereal down "They had to go to the hospital I think. Needed to see the doctor." She explained not wanting to lie to the boy. She placed the bowl down for him and gave a small smile "I'm sure he will be okay."

Pedro nodded softly and took deep breaths looking at the neurologist as he came in "Hello sir....Carmen tells me you're my neurologist?" He said still confused about all of this

Carlos just nodded and frowned a bit "Okay." He mumbled, having the rest of his breakfast and thanked her before taking Edgar out to the back yard to go play with the swing set they got for when he had friends over.

She frowned some as he explained that they were going to run a couple scans and see what was going on but it was likely that it had grown and was pressing up on the part of the brain that stored memories. If they couldn't fix that then this would be permanent and it would be official that this was now terminal. She kissed his cheek a couple times, "I'm just gonna go get a drink. I'll grab you a juice for when you're done." She mumbled, "Excuse me." She frowned, stepping out of the room and making it halfway down the hall before breaking down into sobs and shaking uncontrollably, burying her face in her hands.

Max looked over at Jeff as he came back down and smiled softly "Hey there, feeling any better?" She asked pulling out a chair for him when she noticed how he was limping "How bad is your back? Scale of 1 -10 and don't lie to me."

A nurse found her and frowned "M'am? Are you okay?" She asked softly helping her to a chair to sit down "Do you need anything?" She asked knowing her face from the multiple times she had been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back