• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Incarnates (18+, guardian spirits and superpowers inside!)

Gnomar

Discount cryptid
What does a soul look like? It’s a difficult question to answer, and the best response most can give is that it’s impossible to perceive. Those that can picture it will often say it's something beautiful and ethereal like a soft glowing light. What only the deranged would say is a 9ft bat monster with bullet proof wings that gives you superpowers. Well today is your lucky day deranged weirdos of the world because in the setting of Incarnate a soul can be exactly that.

Wq0aFU-2qI9nUj_8SDbJ06qUlZ3L25LzEOQ4_DysEQji9A3c26cC5xE2jJYw3EVX3sixbWn1EitMdXin3OPgM24alHkk891m2N6R7NSxP6-9iPp5TVE5AIyeBL77F559gB95UjPn7RUvTf7cas2gNxpcMZXa3346skzO8UPmUvFa-A6-UkwbmYHbZiekig

In this setting the biggest threat to humanity is that of the titular Incarnates. Both the phenomena that creates these creatures and the creatures themselves are poorly understood but what we do know is that roughly 0.5% of all human deaths will result in an Incarnate appearing. Violent deaths seem to have an increased chance of resulting in particularly dangerous Incarnates. Are they actually the embodiment of the deceased's soul? Maybe. That’s for me to know and you to possibly find out. What you can know is that these things are dangerous and pretty indiscriminate when unleashed. Incarnates are often sent into violent rages that result in destructive rampages upon their appearance, and won’t stop unless contained or exterminated. There is no limit to the forms they can come in, from the bestial to abstract or mechanical, from small to truly colossal. Some are even humanoid.

So how do I get one as a pet I hear you ask, you deranged weirdos you. Well good news! As a member of project Emblem you get your very own Incarnate known as a Champion. The bad news? You’ve got to die to get one. Tough break. But the jolly clever folks over at project Emblem have managed to concoct a method to bring back the humans that captured Incarnates sprung from originally. It’s a one time deal and it does link your mortality to that of your Champion but one do-over is more than most people get. Even better, your Champion isn’t feral like its Incarnate counterparts. Once used to bring back their human Incarnates display a wide range of temperaments and quirks, and will usually listen to their respective humans. Usually. What's more, you get superpowers in this deal. See, dying doesn’t seem so bad now huh? But yeah your Champion bestows you with superpowers. These superpowers are as unique as Incarnates themselves, but are normally thematically appropriate to an Incarnate. Is the incarnate a flaming bear? Then the powers you get from it being your champion are probably fire related.

The bulk of this RP will focus on our little group of reanimated characters being utilized in anti-incarnate activities. There will be time for combat, time for characters to just chill and interact, and a loose plot that I’ll be stringing us all along to make sure things maintain a half decent flow. That being said if you have a subplot of your own you’d like to explore then let me know, the worst I can say is no!

So, what do I want from you? Allow me to make a short list for you…

• Be 18+! Sorry minors, but this RP isn’t for you. There will be mature themes (All within site rules of course) and I don’t intend on pulling punches when things need to get gritty.
  • Basic grammar and decent post length is a must. I’m talking at least a handful of paragraphs, you don’t have to go crazy with them but for the sake of keeping up RP quality a minimum of 2 or 3 would be great. As for spelling, we all make mistakes! Just try to keep it to a minimum.
  • Don’t be an asshat. If you have a problem with another player just let me know and I’ll sort it out. This site has people from all walks of life, so lets just try and get along.

Now this is just an interest check, so if you are interested be sure to show it! I’ll get the character sheet, OOC and basic lore threads up soon, and leave links here for anybody interested to follow. Thanks for reading!

Lore- Futuristic - Incarnate lore thread!
OOC- Futuristic - Incarnate OOC
Character thread- Futuristic - Incarnates character sheets
Main RP-

Last edited:
So we have to play 2 characters, a project Emblem participant and a pairing Champion? I will wait for CS and lore threads before coming up with other questions I have in mind (especially since most of them are related to worldbuilding which will probably get answered in the lore thread.) For now I’m interested.

So we have to play 2 characters, a project Emblem participant and a pairing Champion? I will wait for CS and lore threads before coming up with other questions I have in mind (especially since most of them are related to worldbuilding which will probably get answered in the lore thread.) For now I’m interested.

Basically yes, although your Champion doesn't necessarily have to be sentient! In fact the vast majority of them can't even speak, so they probably won't be as tasking as creating a human character.

I'm tentatively interested, will need to see what sort of other characters people make before I decide whether any of my character ideas would be a good fit.

Tentatively interested. It's a wonderful idea, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for it. How often should we be posting?

Cheers for the interest everyone, I'll hopefully be getting everything else off the ground tomorrow : )

Okay everybody, the extra stuff is up! The lore tab might periodically be updated but I wanted to give you guys access now so you can start working on potential characters.

They've all been added to the first post so scroll back up and check em out! Bare in mind I might not accept all characters, so if you want to be on the safe side
you can PM me with your sheet first for approval before slapping it in the thread. More than happy to suggest alterations if that's all that's needed to get in as well : )

Oh and I'm not sure how many people I want to run this for yet so bare in mind that if this gets a lot of interest I may have to let some people down!

I may be interested as well, though there's a lot of people with interest already ^^; Neat concept!

Cheers! I'll just let everybody know this isn't a first come first serve system, there's no reason you may not be selected to get in just because you're a latecomer : )

Not sure if I'll participate just yet,but Gnomar Gnomar I did have a question concerning the lore that might help those committed to participate already.

What level of control/synergy does a Champion have with their user? Like even with an intelligence of 1 is it an animal that needs to be trained and ordered around?

Or can I mentally tell it "sit,roll over,play dead" and generally expect to be both understood and complied with?

Can a user go even more precise and basically go "punch with your left hand,dodge one meter to the left,then kick with your right leg" in a split second combat situation?

Not sure if I'll participate just yet,but Gnomar Gnomar I did have a question concerning the lore that might help those committed to participate already.

What level of control/synergy does a Champion have with their user? Like even with an intelligence of 1 is it an animal that needs to be trained and ordered around?

Or can I mentally tell it "sit,roll over,play dead" and generally expect to be both understood and complied with?

Can a user go even more precise and basically go "punch with your left hand,dodge one meter to the left,then kick with your right leg" in a split second combat situation?

A great question and something I definitely should have thought of including myself.

What you want your Champion to do is mentally transmitted to it, but you'll need a Champion with higher intelligence for more complex instructions. Let's say you have a dog and a person. If I mentally could instruct sit to the dog, it knows what that means. If I mentally tell it to play chess, it's not gonna understand. But the person would know what I'm asking of it. A low intelligence Champion is also lii to infer what it needs to do, unless it's something it already knows very well.

As to whether the Champion will listen to you, well that depends more on it's temperament and trust of you.

As for split second rapid instructions, you could indeed do that, but it would likely take practice on both the Champion and humans end. Imagine having a person shout second by second precise instructions at you, not an easy thing to follow. Again a good Champion intelligence would be useful here, as a dumber Champion would likely struggle/ grow frustrated.

Reposted, put it in the wrong thread.

So - I'm realising that this is sounding a lot like "Pokemon-by-way-of-BPRD," but the idea that's gaining the most ground in my head is...well, a bit of a lateral thought. I promise I'm not trying to break your setting, but I'd like to make sure you're okay with me pushing on it a bit before I get too far into this.

Reposted, put it in the wrong thread.

So - I'm realising that this is sounding a lot like "Pokemon-by-way-of-BPRD," but the idea that's gaining the most ground in my head is...well, a bit of a lateral thought. I promise I'm not trying to break your setting, but I'd like to make sure you're okay with me pushing on it a bit before I get too far into this.
Shoot, what are you brewing? Happy to indulge an idea, or at the very least hear it out.

For all of you who may be interested in this but are turned off by the amount in the OOC chat, fear not you've still got a chance! No final decisions have been made yet and I'm probably not gonna shut the gate until late tomorrow. That's all from me for tonight though, peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back