• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy In These Dark Times

Mistah

Previously Dargo
gfg.jpg

What is magic and what is it to you exactly? A tool for oppression and war? A symbol for peace and justice? A wonderful blessing or even perhaps an unforgiving curse? Magic has been used and treated differently for many years throughout the ages of mankind. For years kings and tyrants have fought for power and control caring very little for their own servants and spilling an unnecessary amount of innocent blood. Eventually a group was formed that bent its entire meaning and dedication to stopping these tyrants and to finally bring peace to the land. It took many years and many noble men died in the cause to bring peace, but they were finally successful and overthrow the tyrants that plagued the land in war. A peace treaty was declared among the kingdoms and the reign of kings would drastically meet its end. Instead a council was created having chosen representatives from each nation be sent by the common folks choice. This council granted peace and freedom amongst the nations allowing all to finally live without fear and grief. Centuries later the council has continually protected the peace the their ancestors built and have slain even the deadliest of monsters and madmen that would dare threaten them, but with so much power comes corruption. The magic council begin to turn around its ancestors beliefs and threw away the entire democracy they set out to create. Council members were now only elected through the means of a council vote and those who often were voted by the people were turned away as they shared different views with the council. The very tyranny many men died for was coming back. Poverty was at an all time high, high taxes were costing people their homes, the people were starving and dying of sickness meanwhile the council lived their lives in luxury ignoring the pleas for help from the people within the kingdoms. People who cried out against them and who attempted to raise a rebellion were jailed for treason or murdered by assassins. The people now live without a voice and without hope, children starve, the sick die, and the council members laugh in luxury. You are a citizen will little skill in magic, but with a will to stand up for what you believe in. Will you spark the rebellion or will live in fear? The choice in the matter is all up to you.

How would the magic work here, exactly? Or is it one of those completely freeform magic systems?

Magic is in the RP is more or less based on ones personality. Not anyone can just learn any spell or practice any magic as it's more of a essence then anything. Magic defines itself to one's inner self. For example a person's magic will form itself into the art of healing if that person is loving and caring. Another person may be able to generate light from his hands and body by having a personality that always sees the greater good in everything.

Also i'm not finding the link to the CS...?

Currently finishing the rest of the lore page so it might not be up for a another day

Magic is in the RP is more or less based on ones personality. Not anyone can just learn any spell or practice any magic as it's more of a essence then anything. Magic defines itself to one's inner self. For example a person's magic will form itself into the art of healing if that person is loving and caring. Another person may be able to generate light from his hands and body by having a personality that always sees the greater good in everything.

Currently finishing the rest of the lore page so it might not be up for a another day
Hmmm... and what are the post requirements?

I'm hoping to at least have a paragraph (or two) from each participant at the bare minimum.
I can do that, as long as you can be understanding when i have little to work off of, i have to mention this sometimes because some partners can be very unforgiving and just be like 'i don't like short responses, bye.' when i literally have next to nothing to work off of. But i'll try and go for good quality and quantity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back