• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

StarryKnights

A Spastic Collection of Characters and Ideas
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Update! 7/20
It's summer vacation, I have three weeks off work and am in need of some new stories to fill my time! Added some new plots/ ideas and tweaked some of the existing ones. Please PM if your interested, as thread notifications have always been finicky with me.
Happy partner hunting!

Hello All! You can call me Star or Starry, I've been roleplaying off and on for the past five years or so, and I'm a huge sucker for the found family trope and all it's glory
There's just something about unwitting and often times entirely unprepared individuals finding themselves guiding (or raising, depending on the age) the younger generation that I love. So that being said, I've got some plot ideas and some characters who I'd love to toss into the deep end of familial responsibilities.

Do note, if your not interested in the found family parent meet child angle, all of these ideas can work with both parities being adults. if you'd prefer that just let me know and we can tweak things from there. I am a sucker for romance, and would love to double up so the parental figures in these stories can have a love interest, or even an age appropriate interest for the kiddos depending on their age and if that's something your up for.

Here's a bit about me before I get into plot ideas and stuff.
  • I am 25+ and would prefer someone closer to my age. Bare minimum please be over 18.
  • I usually write about 3-5 paragraphs. I tend to match my partners, and would prefer someone with a similar output. I don't like one liners, nothing against those who use them but it just doesn't hold my attention.
  • I write 3rd person, past tense and would appreciate it if you did the same.
  • I prefer to use PMs for my RPs and OOC, but I also have a discord if you'd like to move over there. I've also recently dabbled with google docs if that interests you.
  • I am open to doubling and playing side characters and would love for you to do the same to fully inhabit and flesh out the world.
  • Speaking of the world, I love to world build, and would prefer to do so to establish setting details/ events so we're both on the same page.
  • I tend to be fairly active, since I'm not working right now I can potentially do multiple replies a day. However the more typical output is one to two replies a week.
  • Ghost/ drop friendly. I'd prefer if you give me a heads up, but I totally understand sometimes things happen, life gets in the way or interest simply fades. I'm always down to tweak/ change things to keep interest, but if you need to go then no hard feelings!
  • I'm also fine with long wait time, so long as you communicate with me (so I know you do intend to return, and haven't ghosted)
  • I don't have any triggers, but if you have any topics you'd rather not come up, please let me know!
Okay, I think that's just about everything, so onto the plots/ characters. All of these can be adjusted to fit other side genres (like romance) depending on if we decide to double and what not. But, assuming we focus solely on the platonic aspects of the RP, then one of us will play the parental figure(s) and the other the child/ ward.

• Genre: Urban Fantasy/ Post Apocalypse- Duh.
    Preferred Roles: Listed in Plot Idea

I have two slightly different plot ideas that use a similar apocalyptic setting, listed below.

Option A: Urban Fantasy Fallout: Several hundred years following an apocalyptic event which devastated the world population, a handful of surviving humans begin to develop supernatural abilities. Referred to simply as deviants, these people tend to be blessed with great powers that come with some sort of unsightly drawback. Society has made slow progress toward rebuilding, with a makeshift governing body emerging and taking control of various settlements scattered throughout the wasteland. Think something along the lines of the NCR from Fallout New Vegas. Deviants are highly sought by these settlements and the government, with many being employed as guards, hunters and scouts out into the wasteland. Rumors have been spreading that the main governing body are looking into creating an army of deviants to properly take over the wasteland, but most consider these to be bullshit spread by the small group of rebels seeking to uproot the control this governing body has.

Character A (ideally some sort of kiddo, though that isn't a requirement) is a member of this fringe rebel group, who is seeking the near mythical figure known simply as The Wasteland Witch (or some other cooler name if I can come up with one, lol). This figure is said to be nigh immortal, as rumors surrounding it go back nearly a hundred years. Accounts vary from place to place, with some claiming the Witch is a monstrous, corrupted deviant left over from government experiments and others claiming they are a holy figure.

Character A's reasons for seeking them out is entirely up to you. Perhaps they or someone they know is deathly ill. Maybe they have powers and seek someone to teach them? Maybe they are hoping to recruit the figure to their cause as conflict with the powers that be are on the horizon. Perhaps they are on the run from something unsightly. Your choice, the skys the limit.

Regardless of their reasonings, they run afoul a mutated monster out in the wasteland, and wind up on the very doorstep of the being they seek, who I'd be playing. Her name is Spindel, there's more info on her in the character tab, for this setting she'd be a disgraced deviant researcher who has left the fragments of civilization behind in penance of her perceived crimes.
    She has little contact with the outside world and little interest in its affairs, until YC comes barreling into her life seeking her aid.

Here are some setting details we could sort out together if your interested in this plot
    • An exact timeline of events establishing the fall of society and the slow progress made over the years
    • Specifics on the main governing body and this rebel group and how far their respective authority reaches
    • The specific monsters/ mutants roaming about, some would certainly be insane/ inhuman deviants and others more typical wasteland monsters. Once again something similar to Fallout.
    • Various settlements throughout the world, mostly names and a vague description of them, we don't have to like, make an entire map. Though I might do that just for fun.
    • Specifications on deviants powers, some common draw backs and what happens to those who push themselves too far
    • And of course, what caused the apocalypse and the rise of the deviants themselves. Its prob some elaborate government cover up, but idk man lets sort it out.

Option B: AOT but Zombies instead of Titans
    Similar in many ways to the option above, but this concept focuses more on one specific mega city out in the wasteland which conscripts deviants into servitude, and features a proper zombie esque horde of monsters which plague the remnants of humanity. This setting also features the ever so lovely zombie virus trope for causing the end of the world.
    Deviants develop only after being bitten/ exposed to this virus, and if you don't develop powers you just lose your mind. So naturally there are super powered semi sentient zombies running about causing havoc.

This walled in city (which needs a name) holds some sort of lottery in which citizens are forcibly exposed to the virus in the hopes of creating more deviants to defend the wall and act as scouts. Deviants are functionally immune once their powers develop. Said powers are more streamlined, with most deviants sharing the same basic abilities. I.e, super human strength/ stamina and agility to varying degrees. A lacking need to eat, sleep or drink. Devients are look different from "healthy" individuals, mainly with thick, arching veins which pulse under their skin, with yellow sclera in their eyes.

Some deviants develop secondary powers on top of these typical abilities, such beings are known as ADs or Alpha Deviants. Its kinda a dumb name, feel free to pitch a better one.

MC is a teen named Sybil who's spent the last few years of her life conscripted into the DDF- Deviant Defense Force (another sorta dumb name, I'm sorry). She longs for freedom and is planning to escape the city and seek a better life in the wasteland. Her name is Sybil, and once again she'll have some more info on the character tab.
    YC is a member of the HDF- Human Defense Force who's tasked with overseeing deviants members and what not. YC will intercept Sybil's escape plan, and be forced into following her after shit hits the fan and returning to the city isn't an option.

Where they go from there and what happens can be sorted out together!

Genera: Medieval/ Urban Fantasy

Wren Davies is a revenant, an undead entity cursed to roam the world in search of those who had wronged her and her kin centuries ago. She swore an oath to eradicate the bloodline of those who had wronged her, but after so many years, and so many changes in her form, her memories and motivation have become hazy. And it's been years since she's last felt that tiny spark which guides her toward her prey.
    So muddled her senses have become, that when she finally does meet YC, she doesn't immediately registered them as one of her targets. And, depending on who you are, when she finally does realize it, complications arise. Because you are a kid, and Wren doesn't deal well with kids, let alone kids she's expecting to kill.

My thoughts for this plot are split, on the one hand it would be cool to sorta see the adventure in its entirety, starting with one one Wren earliest iterations seeking out and killing her target in a more medieval/ fantasy setting leading into the more modern era where magic and what not is less common and Wren has lost sight of the vengence she sought.
    Alternatively, we could have flash backs to certain eras/ events mixed into the more modern day issues.

Option B: We focus solely on one timeline, whether it take place in a more traditional fantasy setting or an urban one, and simply state that hundreds of years have passed since Wren's initial vendetta started.
    She's lost many of her memories of the past and only has the faintest inkling as to what she was seeking and whom. How she meets YC, who they are and how they releate to her original targets are all something we can sort out together as we flesh out the plot idea.

Okay, so this is where I'm going to list my very vague more traditional (i.e DnD/ medieval) fantasy ideas which I do not have much developed, but would very much be interested in using.

A knight charged with protecting a young prince/ princess following the assassination of their parents.
    or
    An assassin finds themselves unable to take the life of a young target after killing their family, and opts to take them into their custody instead.

A prince/ princess/ other noble finds themselves caring for a formerly servant child after said child is discovered to harbor noble blood/ some mystical magical power. Or perhaps they simply favor the child and wish to aid them, as they are mistreated at the hands of the other staff and possibly their own family.

A passenger on a merchant vessel is kidnapped after pirates attack their ship. Rather then being killed, this passenger is charged with looking after the precocious adolescent charge of the pirate captain (who could be sickly by nature, or just very prone to being injured due to being headstrong). This could also have a romantic angle between the passenger and captain.

A being commonly associated with being immortal/ long lived (like a dragon/ vampire/ elf) unwittingly finds themselves as the guardian to a member of the mortal race. This was definitely inspired by Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms. If you haven't seen this movie, and your a fan of anime media, then go watch it.

Last edited:
Bump, the craving has returned and I'd love to pen some new stories!

Bump! Lookin for partner again. Message me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back