• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern IMMORTALS IC [ Old Gods. New World. ]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1518140813092.png

1518142927465.png
GREEK | CS

NOTES:

TAGS: Everyone in the room
Hephaestus felt his brows furrow at Apollo's vision. He had recognized that they were in one, as it was rather odd to see things through what Apollo called his 'observer.' And what Apollo was shown just now was...disturbing.

Why did Hermes look so strange? He was appalled by Hermes' head, barely resting atop his neck with a tenuous link of stitches. And where were his shoes? When the god of blacksmiths gifted those shoes upon Hermes, there was hardly a moment when they were taken off. This vision was surely telling them all something terrible, but Hephaestus just couldn't make sense of it. He concluded that his brother's visions were simply far too abstract for him.

By the time he set aside these questions, Hephaestus realized that he was in a new location--somewhere dark, the blackness enveloping enough to hide everything from even a god like him. He tried summoning a flame, but was shocked to find that his powers weren't working. And that's when he noticed two new things about this place. Firstly, an unruly clanging noise was being made, over and over again, echoing on the walls of the empty darkness. Secondly, that it was hot. Almost unbearably so.

At this point, Hephaestus started to worry. He was the god of fire, completely resistant to flames and almost any high temperatures known to man, yet still he felt the heat of this place sear through his bones. There was no way of knowing what creature could send a god into such a powerful vision. So when his eyes adjusted to the darkness and made out a distant light, he approached it with caution.

With each step the clanging grew louder, and a silhouette slowly revealed itself within the light. A forge, he realized, was the source of the light. A forge with a weapon placed upon its hard surface, the bare beginning of some sort of staff from what he could tell. As Hephaestus stepped near the forge, the shadows behind him flickered with the motion of the staff's hunched creator. The figure looked up from his work and stared into Hephaestus' eyes.

Hermes. Several emotions shocked Hephaestus' body all at once. His words were trapped in his throat as he tried to call out to his brother, to tell him how much his death hurt. “I need to finish up this staff as a welcoming gift for a new friend of mine,” Hermes explains before he can say anything. “But I just can’t get the top right - it’s got this intricate cross design and everything,” he mumbles. “Mind helping me out a little bit here?" Hermes departs from his bench and holds the staff in front of him.

Hephaestus frowns at Hermes. Welcoming gift? A friend? Hephaestus looked down at his brother, questions arising from these details. But he decided to accept Hermes' invitation--after all, there was no reason to deny his brother even in death.

After realizing the scope of his words, however, Hermes hangs his head low and turns away from him. “Oh, that’s right… you didn’t help me when I needed you the most.” He shakes his head and stands up, dropping his makeshift staff on the ground. It makes an abrasive, deafening sound as it collapses to the floor, splitting into two.

Grief struck Hephaestus' body with the sound of the staff breaking. I'm sorry--I wanted to help--I should have done better--what could I have done--! Thoughts flew through his head, and he wanted to say them out loud, but they were all trapped inside his throat, stuck before they could form a coherent thought.

Hermes approaches him, before placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “Don’t worry about it, it’s not your fault,” he says. “You’ve already given me so much--I’ll take the blame for this one.” He moves his hand from Hephaestus' shoulder blade over to his own chest. “Sorry for turning our whole family situation into a mess.” The Messenger God then bends down and unstraps his signature winged sandals, leaving them on the floor before their original crafter.

“I couldn’t escape,” he starts, before turning around and subjecting him to the pitiful view of his backside. “You can have those back,” he explains as he starts breaking into a run away from him. “Maybe you’ll have better luck.”

"You fool!" Hephaestus finally shouted, but he knew that he wasn't heard. As Hermes went further and further away from him, the forge seemed to move away as well. All but the broken staff and Hermes' shoes were shrinking back rapidly, disappearing into the empty darkness. "What happened to you wasn't your fault! I was to blame!" The distance between them grows ever larger with each passing second and it isn’t long until he disappears into the darkness entirely, though Hephaestus is still left with the resonating sound of his footsteps. Hephaestus tries to follow Hermes, but his legs refuse to move. He tries everything he can think of, but nothing would defeat the endless darkness, travelling through his body and killing the fire within him. Faced with the cold of death, he could do nothing but shout Hermes' name into the abyss. And when he could no longer do that, he submitted to the dark, images of his poor brother flashing through his mind.

The echoes of his distressed voice still ring in his ears, and only fade when the vision subsides and he finds himself back in the WPC Conference Room. He listened to the other gods and goddesses recite their visions, and after a few moments he spoke. "Hermes was working on a staff--he couldn't get the intricate cross design right. He said it was some kind of welcoming gift for a 'new friend.' And he...he left his shoes behind. With me."

"Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity."

Location: W.P.C. Washington Headquarters | Tags: Everyone Basically w/ direct interaction towards Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero

XXkVA.png

Elias Carter
aka Morpheus - God of Dreams
Notes: None
One by one, the gods share the visions of Hermes that came to them after Apollo's initial vision. But, that's not quite right, is it? Hermes... No, not Hermes. Not that thing. At least that is what Elias believes. With that said, it'd be disingenuous of the God of Dreams not to pay "Hermes" his due. He sure is trying his damnedest to convince them otherwise. And, from the recounting of the other gods, it seems some of them have been ensnared in its lies. That's when Apollo spoke up. He makes it clear to the others that the entity is not Hermes and so they should refrain from referring to it as such.

He went on to speak about the details of his own "Hermes" curated vision. About Phoibos, about its attempts at reaching them individually. Borrowing the idea of sketching out the vision from Katsumi, Apollo takes some paper and a pen and asks Yama to draw what he remembers from his own vision. Finally, he asks the Director, Shiva, if he could explain why he gathered all of them here today.

Shiva was happy to oblige. "Right. Before we get too caught up in all of this vision business, there is a key piece of news I wanted to share concerning the four major events the occurred four years ago, as all of you no doubt remember." He opens the file in front of him and slides a piece of paper to each one of the gods in the room. It's a world map overlaid with the iconic seven rings symbol. "It wasn't just some calling card. The symbol was a map. Each ring indicates the origin points of each event. The four rings that are crossed out represents the four events of four years prior. We couldn't have figured this out without knowing the origin points of each event. Now, there are three rings left over: Israel, Rome, and Turkey. I think you can all work out what I mean to say." Shiva explained.

"And Apollo figured the Romans are involved." Elias finally speaks up.

"Did he?" Shiva inquires before looking to Apollo for confirmation.

"Not that Apollo needs his ego inflated any further, but he's right." Elias states. "Whoever- Whatever this thing is, it certainly isn't Hermes. It comes to each one of us with the most basest representations of who we are. That begs the question: does it really know us? Does it care to know us? Spending eons with mortals and their dreams has afforded me a uniquely human sense of humility. Set aside your egos for a second, and see yourself as you would see a mortal long ago. That is potentially how it sees us now. We aren't a threat to it, is what it believes. And this," Elias holds up the map with the overlaid symbol, "this is an invitation to its grand game." He tosses the map onto the table.

"I, too, came to the same conclusion. We missed the mark by four years; four events. I guess it deign to wait since then. But now, it's contacting us again. Arrogant bastard." Shiva said with a mix of frustration and amusement.

"Search those visions again. Don't let it pander to your divine parts in Hermes' demise. I know many of you feel guilty and wondered if you couldn't have done more to save Hermes, but if we are to do more now, we have to understand what it's actually trying to tell us, underneath all of the smoke it's blowing. What do you recall? Images, objects, mannerisms. Find meaning in those."

"Wow. Look at you go, hotshot." Carly teases from the back corner of the room. Her sunglasses have been replaced with 3D glasses and her bag of chips are now a bag of popcorn. "Is this the episode where you're actually useful?"

"Well, let's see what else we can gleam from these visions, shall we? Mine's was relatively simple. The entity sat me down for a game of chess. The playing pieces were carved to look like each one of you. I played white; he played black. By the end of the game, I had won, and my prize-"

Hermes presents Shiva with an oddly-shaped cap. It looks like a kippah—a traditional Jewish headwear—but white in color. Then, again, Shiva was never too familiar with the other religions of the world so he may be wrong. Nevertheless, it puzzles him why Hermes would present it to him. "What is this?" Shiva asks, leaning forward in his white wooden chair.

"For the father. Father of all the little children of the W.P.C. You know, it's not far-fetched to call you the world's greatest bridge-builder. You bridged the world of gods and humans. Quite a feat. But... I think you let some drowned."

"I'm sorry we couldn't save you. But we're trying to stop whatever took you from potentially taking more. More than what we've already lost, which is a lot."

"The time for apologies is long past, old friend. Again, for the father." Hermes presents the cap to Shiva once more.

"I do not want such hollow gifts. I seek the truth. And I seek to destroy my enemies."

"I can assure you, Shiva, this is far from a hollow gift. It once sat upon another's head, you know? I think he too was somewhat of a bridge-builder. Oh, I know. It's too plain for you. You're Shiva. Shiva! You're the God of Destruction and Creation. What is a plain white cap to a god of your stature?" Once Shiva looks down again, the plain white cap from before has transformed into a beautiful oval shaped crown of precious metals. "Would a tiara suit you better?" Hermes smirks.

"And that was what I experienced." Shiva told the gods in the room.

Last edited:
10005614_1447005908941406_504409008_n.jpg

Katsumi Kashima || Japanese
Current location: WPC HQ, Washington DC
Interacting: Mentioning everyone
As Katsumi was drawing, he listened, of course he did. After being done with the important pages, his own thoughts ran rampant, enough for him not to notice a page and pen were taken from him. He started messily writing down words.. 'INSECURITY' .. 'FEAR' .. 'SUSPICION' .. 'HELPLESSNESS' .. 'HOPELESSNESS' .. 'CONFUSION'.. 'CARELESSNESS' and so many more. That's what his mind gathered from the experiences the others told.. and his own.

Once he was done, he slammed the pages down on the table and got up. His hands were shaking and his vision was fuzzy. Was the thing trying to make at least one of their minds vulnerable? Invading the thoughts of someone was not easy work but apparently, getting in through the darkness in someone's mind was easy to those that could do that.. it would be easy to stay one step ahead if they could see through someone else's eyes, wouldn't it? But those were just his thoughts. He didn't bother voicing his thoughts.

Katsumi, already out of his seat, left the conference room, to go to the restroom to cool off.

On the table, beside the recollections of the vision, were deep claw-like marks, they were left by Katsumi when he accidentally gripped the table and dragged his nails across it by accident. He wasn't all too good at hiding his emotions, he was sure they could use the sketches without him being there as well.

Last edited:

Male-Models-Lead-Image.jpgBjorn

aka Forseti- God of Justice

Bjorn had been late to the party to say the least. not even being in the room when his vision hit him. It was...... disheartening to see to say the least. He found him self in one of the great viking halls of old.It as clear by the mess the part had been over and it was just him. He found himself sitting at the south end of a massive oaken table, At the north end sits a body with no head and in front of him is a sliver platter—its contents hidden by a silver cover engraved with Nordic runes. Even more eye catching is a beautiful golden chalice adorned with powerful imagery of crosses and angelic symbols. Bjorn looked over the boy and his things with curiosity though he couldnt help but get a bad feeling about it all due to the boys heedlessness, Still he sat there calm and stoic until the voice came. "Tell me Forseti... Do you miss it? 'This' I mean." the voice that was unmistakably Hermes rang out from all around the hall with the headless body making hand gestures to accompany the words. "When the vikings would defeat their foes in battle, they would come here to feast and pay tribute to their gods. Odin, Thor... You... You're the embodiment of Nordic justice. Tell me, Forseti. What justice was I given for my murder?" The headless body would then removes the plate cover to reveal the head of Hermes. Bjorns eyes widened a little as he tried to speak but his voice was lost for some reason, unable to put words out Bjorn sat and continued to watch and listen. "It's been, what, four years already since my death? And what justice has been given to me? You all gather here today in some vague search for answers. But it's useless. Your justice is flawed. And it, too, will be the end of you." Hermes laugh at the thought."You know, you Nordic gods are some of the most stubborn gods I've ever met. Holding onto your nature with such ferocity. A sea change is coming, Forseti. And I will love to see you drown in it."

At this point Bjorn was distraught by these words. he shot to his feet but didnt move as she stared down Hermes from across the table. Watching as the body picked the chalice up and brought it to the heads mouth so it could drink."Speaking of which, I'm parched from all this talking. Care for a drink?" Hermes asked as the body puts the chalice against Hermes' lips and he takes a sip. The chalice then appeared in Forseti's left hand. Glancing from it to Hermes a couple times he then lifted it to where he could see the red liquid inside. As Forseti stared into the red liquid a picture seemed to come from it, Looking closely Forseti would see his own body crucified upside down on an inverted cross. Shooting a look back up at Hermes he dropped the chalice and stared down Hermes as the body put the lid on the tray once more covering the head.

Then the vision blurred as he finally woke from the vision, he found himself sitting on a bench in the hall. Looking down at the nice suit he wore he brought his hands up and ran his fingers through his hair as a frown took his face. "Don't you give me that lad. You know if I had the power to give you justice it would have been done within days of your death." Bjorn Spoke softly to no one indicating it was to the vision he saw. Bjorn hadn't known Hermes well, That being said Bjorn knew him enough to know he didn't deserve what he got. Standing up he went to the doors of the room. Just as he was about to enter he heard the unmistakable voice of Apollo the Greek god coming from within. Hearing him speak as if these visions where someone screwing with them made Bjorn let out a low bear like growl. Just as Apollo asked the director what they were doing there Bjorn decided to make his entrance. Quickly he pushed open the doors and spoke to everyone though it was mostly directed to Apollo. "Isn't it obvious Boy? Whoever killed Hermes is back. And don't mistake these visions. I heard what ya said of yer brother. And trust me lad, That was your brother in the visions. Which is an issue cause hes been dead 4 years now. Wherever we gods are supposed to go when we die, these visions prove he didn't go there. Somethings keeping Hermes here. Justice hasn't been given to he poor Lad." Bjorn spoke deeply. If anything it was clear the lack of justice given to Hermes was getting to him and what would you expect from the god of Justice. Taking a look around the room Bjorn sent a small smile and a nod to everyone. Then his direction turned to the director and he couldn't help but send a small smirk. "Thought i wasn't gonna show eh?" He asked with a deep chuckle before he entered the room fully.

Hearing a few others speak of the visions and refer to Hermes as It slightly adjudicated him as he believed this was Hermes soul, begging for justice to come to his murderer but he kept his mouth shut till it was a good time to speak. Once thar arose he took it. "Well whatever you all say it is... Hermes is directly related to it if not these visions being Hermes himself. The main thing is. Whatever our visions were they all seem to point at one things. When we were all worshiped and all held much more power than we do know." Bjorn stated

Everyone Everyone

Last edited:
Donal Finnegan

j3tmWWN.png

Lugh Lámhfhada
the master of skills

Tags
Everyone in the Conference Room
DuckPrince DuckPrince
Apollo’s visions were always quite the treat. Forget A.C.’s boisterous concerts—this was the real show. But still, what A.C. show would be complete without its own over the top conclusion?

The passage from one vision to the next was accompanied by a sensation of nausea, and it didn’t take long to comprehend why. Darkness greeted the god of light, who had come to realize that his eyelids were sealed shut. He felt his body sway from side to side, gentle enough as to keep him unaroused but wary nonetheless. A calming, almost therapeutic sound that he could only describe as a sequence of soft pulses was the only thing to reach his ears. The entire experience should have been a rather relaxing one, though as he parted his eyes open, they simultaneously began to widen as he grasped his whereabouts: Lugh was seated in the back of a wooden rowboat with a ghostly ferryman at its helm, guiding the pair through a considerably large body of water. Even with his eyes opened, the scene remained dim, the only source of light coming from the overhead moon.

“You’re awake,” the ferryman noted. Slowly but surely, the boat came to a stop before hovering in place on the water’s surface, bouncing along with all its subtle waves and ripples. The ferryman began turning his body to allow Lugh a peek, though that much had been unnecessary. He’d recognize that tone of voice anywhere. After revealing himself, the shadowy Hermes lifted his rowing oar from the watery darkness, dropping it inside the boat and allowing it to rest at his feet. Immediately afterwards, he pulled another pole-shaped object from the bottom of the boat and held it overhead. Squinting through the darkness, Lugh caught a glimpse of a stringlike thread attached to the pole—it was some makeshift fishing rod, he deduced.

Hermes cast the rod before throwing his weight onto the pole and launching the string out into the water. The boat shook, forcing Lugh to clasp the sides of the wooden structure with his hands for support. As the rocking gradually calmed, Hermes started to hum and whistle a number of tunes as he awaited his catch. Unsure if he wanted to break the silence, Lugh leaned over on his side and lowered a hand to the water before submerging it entirely. He immediately pulled it back out. The water’s texture, temperature, and viscosity—it was all too familiar. So, his worst suspicions had been true after all.

Though just as Lugh opened his mouth to object, he was hushed by Hermes. The Messenger God then reeled in the line. Lugh shifted his body around in hopes of catching a glimpse of whatever had been on the line, though to no avail. Instead, Hermes chuckled and turned around to face him. “Curious?” He lifted his hand up, palm opened, to reveal a golden ring with the image of a man etched onto it. That motif! He recognized it from somewhere, but unfortunately, the source escaped him.

“You seem captivated,” Hermes continued. “Well I won’t tease you any further. Go on, take it.” He motioned for the other god to reach for the ring. Skeptical but indeed intrigued, Lugh plucked the ring from Hermes’s hand and turned it around in his own. Running his fingers over the etching, he once again cursed himself for forgetting where he saw its design before. As he did so, Hermes crouched down to meet the eyes of the Irish craftsman god. “Though I have to say, I’m a bit disappointed in you, Lugus.” Lugus. How long it had been since the last time anyone referred to him in that manner. “I never would’ve thought that you’d let us die again so… easily.

Upon registering those words, Lugh’s attention was immediately redirected from the shiny piece of jewelry to the shadowy Hermes. Just as the ring left his field of vision, he felt the item crumble into pieces of fine dust, debris now littering the palm of his hand. He paid it no mind. “I… don’t know what to say,” he admitted.

“No need to worry,” Hermes reassured him. With a snap of his fingers, the dust that rested in Lugh’s hand vanished into thin air. The golden ring returned to its former state, as if nothing had ever happened to it. “Remember: as long as you still exist, so too shall I. Don’t you understand, Lugus? You must stay alive, at all costs,” Hermes explained. “Do it for me.”

He seldom had any time to respond before the illusion broke, therefore returning him to the confines of the WPC conference room.

***​

As the other gods in the room began to recount their own visions, Donal remained mulling over his own. Just where had he seen that ring before? What was Hermes trying to tell him, and did his words hold any merit? But the question he found most disturbing: why were they... there, of all places? As he continued in attempting to piece the bits together himself, the other deities one by one revealed their own experiences. Some took a disconnected, even analytical approach. Athena came to mind. Others, on the other hand, were quite visibly choked up from what they witnessed. Donal had wanted to be a part of the former—and he should’ve been. He wanted nothing more than to be able to retell his story, yet he couldn’t bring himself to revisit that despicable place he had long since condemned to the far reaches of his memory. He had pledged not to speak of it to anyone within the WPC, god or not.

It was times like these he wished Kavanagh was here. The doctor would read Donal’s face, offer his words of wisdom, and that was that. He’d diagnose the issue and shed light on the former god’s inner turmoil, explaining it to the best of his ability. Instead, Donal was now left to his own devices, unsure of what to make of even his own emotions. ’Channel it into your work’ is what he imagined the doctor would say, though that was undeniably easier said than done. How could he possibly channel something he didn’t want to confront?

Luckily for him, he had noticed that several of his colleagues had adopted the paper and pen method. Following the rather loud and abrupt exit of Takemikazuchi, he swiped a pen for himself as well as a spare sheet of paper. Without thinking much into it, he scribbled a single sentence, reasoning that it would be sufficient enough for the time being:

It fished a golden ring from a lake.​

Donal returned the pen and pushed the scribbled-on sheet back toward the center of the table for the others to read. Upon looking at the empty seat in the room, he eyed over the gruesome markings Takemikazuchi had left on the table. “I’ll... go check up on him,” he offered, rising from his seat. Before anyone had the chance to interject, however, he had already excused himself out the room. Did he care much for retrieving the Japanese god from his fit? Not in particular. Truth be told, he wanted some time to himself as well. Perhaps he could relate to the god of lightning in that sense.

Last edited:

2a2a24e164c37075ba9901c8ebe604a4.png
55c54511e36a6ffe1145b003834a8e63.png

Skylie loved flying. Even though she couldn’t do it often, there was something calming about the wind blowing through her multi-colored hair. Twirling and flipping were just a few of the perks of flying across the Canadian border. Unfortunately, she started to lose steam right as she reached D.C.

It had taken only seconds for the W.P.C. to find her and whisk her away.

~ ~ ~​

As someone who worked with shimmering things in the sky, Iris hadn’t expected Morpheus to materialize out of nowhere. For a split second, she wondered if he was taking her job. But that was ridiculous. He couldn’t make rainbows…right?

Shiva started talking, but Iris kept a wary gaze on Morpheus. Digging in her pocket, she threw a bag of lollipops onto the table in front of him. She muttered, “I was going to use those to convince you to come back. But I guess you can have them anyway.” His eyes were fixed on something else, however, which was very Morpheus, but disappointing nonetheless. He could’ve at least said hi. She’d spent good money on those lollipops.

Shifting her attention back to the meeting, she jumped a little as everything around her changed. Dammit, Apollo. She liked his music and all, but did he really have to show them his visions instead of just laying it out for them in a detailed exposition of a YA novel? Er… Not that she’d read any of those.

Her annoyance wilted when she heard Hermes’s voice. And then her eyes watered when she saw him. The image faded just as quickly into something else. It was strange, because when Hermes appeared again, she could’ve sworn he was wearing some sort of necklace… No. They were stitches. Skylie choked on a sob, and she barely heard the ensuing conversation between her deceased friend and some other guy. She was forced to follow both as they went to another room, where there was some sort of cult ritual going on. Then there was a distinct sound of a head rolling, which gave her distinct nausea. Covering her mouth with one hand, she watched as the mysterious man in the room—Apollo?—ran away with Hermes following. Something in the vision changed, and it became more ominous than before. Hermes, or whatever this vision thing was, seemed to be threatening Apollo. Skylie didn’t like the sound of that.

The vision broke up, and for a moment, Skylie saw the conference room again and an expression she’d never seen on Apollo’s face. Before she could say a swear word, she was swept into another vision. This time, she had a feeling Apollo had nothing to do with it.

~ ~ ~​

It was dark. The lack of color made Skylie shiver, having gotten used to a riot of colors as the goddess of rainbows. She blinked, and a light appeared around her, but it did little to dispel the darkness, the suffocating darkness. Something in her told her rainbows wouldn’t work here, so she didn’t try.

There was a harp. But where? It broke the silence that had permeated the air for the longest time. To her surprise, a rainbow danced in front of her, though she didn’t remember making one. The darkness broke up to reveal a clear, blue sky filled with clouds and a field of wildflowers at her feet. Despite herself, she grinned at the multitude of colors present. Nothing in the real world could compare to this garden.

The harp picked up again, and the dancing rainbow became an arch upon which sat Hermes. He was holding the harp in question, and Skylie tilted her head, recognizing the tune. A shiver went down her spine as he opened his mouth and sang: “Somewhere over the rainbow. Way up high... There's a land that I heard of. Once in a lullaby...” If she didn’t know any better, she’d say he was serenading her, but that was not why he was singing.

One does not randomly bring up “Over the Rainbow” from The Wizard of Oz to a rainbow goddess.

Birds took flight, circling around her and then flying to a nearby apple tree, stealing her attention for a moment. Hermes appeared beside her, startling her, and he finished the song: “Somewhere over the rainbow. Bluebirds fly... Birds fly over the rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly... Beyond the rainbow... Why, oh why, can't... I...” Skylie stared at his face, willing him to smile, to laugh…anything but this calm expression. As the last chords of the harp rang through the air, his face changed into something apathetic, something alien…something not Hermes.

With a hiss, the harp’s strings snapped, and Skylie widened her eyes and stared it. Stitches appeared at Hermes’s neck, where his head had been brutally cut off. She swallowed, her hand going to her own neck. What was it like, having your life ended so suddenly? A hysterical laugh nearly erupted from her as she thought of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.

His voice held disappointed tinge as he said, “Hello Iris. It's been a long time hasn't it? Do you like my shoes?” Skylie glanced down, taking in his white slippers. They weren’t really anything to sneeze at, but they looked comfy. She looked up again as he continued, “You know, I really like that song. And I must say, I'm quite jealous of you. So many songs about rainbows. So many. How many songs do you think mortals write about me? You see, like the singer, I, too, have to wonder why is it that I 'can't fly over the rainbow'?”

Skylie’s mouth went dry. This wasn’t like Hermes, lamenting about something he couldn’t change. She was the rainbow girl. He was the messenger guy. And he was dead. “Maybe it’s that you don’t have wings…?” she ventured quietly, but she yelped as the flowers at her feet died. One glance at the perching birds told her they were all dead, their heads missing and blood dripping off their corpses. She wanted to cry.

Hermes went on as if she’d never said anything: “I'll never fly over the rainbow. You and the others failed to save me. You failed me. And it won't just end here. There will be more, Iris. And you'll fail them too.” Blood began to drip from his neck and onto his white shoes, turning them entirely red, like Dorothy’s slippers.

Skylie froze. You failed me. How could he say that? How the hell could he say that? Didn’t he know how much she missed him, how she mourned him every freaking day? Didn’t he know how much she regretted not being there for him? Her welling eyes finally spilled over, and she sobbed, “No… Hermes… I didn’t…”

“Fly back over the rainbow, little bluebird. Fly on back home where you're safe and happy. Turn a blind eye to all of this. Is what gods do now, isn't it?” Hermes clicked his heels, extending the already painful Dorothy metaphor. “After all... There's no place like home.”

The dead field and birds faded, leaving only an image of Hermes’s blood-soaked shoes.

~ ~ ~​

Voices broke into Skylie’s mind as she groaned and blinked awake. How classic. She was late to the party. Apparently she’d fainted after the vision. Not surprising after all that blood. She wasn’t usually one to participate in the bloody stuff. She was a messenger. Just a messenger.

For a moment, she put her head in her hands, not speaking and not really wanting to. Shiva was explaining something about the seven rings symbol, and Morpheus was breaking into it with something about their enemy considering them as something non-threatening. One thing he said caught her attention, though… “I know many of you feel guilty and wondered if you couldn't have done more to save Hermes…” If she wasn’t so freaked out, Skylie would’ve snorted. He didn’t know the half of it.

Shiva recounted his vision, and Skylie started to shiver. Why had she gotten the really bad one? Why was the messenger getting the brunt of it? It was like Hermes—or, rather, this faker—knew how weak she was. She wasn’t a fighter. She didn’t even know how to throw a punch. Why am I so damn weak?

Skylie finally looked up. “He told me… I failed him. That I was going to fail you all…” Her voice shook as she struggled to keep her composure. She reached a trembling hand toward the bag of lollipops she’d thrown in front of Morpheus. Taking a big handful, she dragged the candy back and murmured, “He told me to fly back home.” Quickly, she stuck a lollipop in her mouth, nearly choking when she realized it was cherry. Cherry. Red. Blood.

She could have screamed. She could have caused a scene. She could have broken someone or punched someone in the face.

Instead, she ran out of the room. And she sank to the floor right outside, burying her face in her hands and sobbing.

(Mention: Blu Blu Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero )

Code by apolla apolla

Location: W.P.C. Washington Headquarters | Mentions: Everyone. Direct mentions AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Digit Digit DuckPrince DuckPrince Lexielai Lexielai

XXkVA.png

Elias Carter
Notes: There's a time skip before the vision part so if you want to expand on the conversation, you can AnimeGenork AnimeGenork
Despite the warnings from both Elias and Apollo concerning the central figure in each of their visions, it seems many of the gods here are still deeply affected by what they witnessed. Just as Shiva had finished recounting his vision, Takemikazuchi storms off to who knows where, most likely to compose himself. Elias picks up one of Takemikazuchi's paper and sees a series of alarming words: "INSECURITY. FEAR. SUSPICION. HELPLESSNESS. HOPELESSNESS. CONFUSION. CARELESSNESS," among many others that stood out. Though it may not show on his expression, Elias feels sympathy for the poor Thunder God. Elias' entire being is revolved around the "visions" of others. He knows entirely well how it just takes one bad one to really affect one's mind and mood.

Before anything else happens, in comes Forseti speaking about how he is sure that the entity in the visions is Hermes and that he wants justice for his murder, concluding that these visions are all deeply related to their old god status. Shiva, not one to scoff off ideas, contemplates Forseti's words. "Perhaps. What did you see in your vision?" He asks.

"Forseti, this isn't some vengeful spirit we're dealing with. Yama would've sensed it otherwise. This thing isn't to be trusted. It wants you to take the bait. To feel your actions or, rather, inaction weigh heavy on your conscience. To distract us so that we'll fail whatever game it sets in motion." Just as Elias finishes speaking, Lugh completes whatever he was jotting down. A single sentence: "It fished a golden ring from a lake." Lugh then stands up from his chair and says he'll check on Takemikazuchi. Elias nods at him with understanding. He needs some time to think too. But, this sentence... There's something important about it. Elias holds up Lugh's paper and stares at it with deep contemplation—an epiphany on the edge of his mind. But his train of thought shatters as Iris finally speaks up about what she saw. She doesn't say much, but her expression tells just how much the vision affected her. She takes a lollipop from the pile in front of Elias which he had ignored the entire time and nearly panics as she runs out of the room.

Now the Goddess of Rainbows is a particularly special case for Elias. During the reign of Olympus, Morpheus was known among the pantheon as the busiest god, bringing dreams to mankind. After his work was done, he would return to his own slumber. There was little time in between for social interaction with those outside of his family. But Iris. She was different. The gods would often send her to wake Morpheus from his sleep to bring him his tasks. The image of Iris waking Morpheus has been immortalized in paintings over the centuries. But it was more than that to Elias, Iris used to tell him stories of the world outside his domain. She would tell him how the other gods were and the eventful things that would happen on Mount Olympus: banquets, celebrations, fights, births, deaths. And while those days are long passed, Elias still holds that time dear in his heart. One of the few things he misses about the old days.

Elias gets up from his seat. "I'll be back," he simply says before leaving the room, grabbing a box of tissues on the way out. Carly watches quietly as Elias leaves the room; she does not follow him. Then, she pops off of the counter she sat on and takes Elias' seat. "What's up with those two? Bringing the mood down." She directly addresses everyone. Not that they can see her. She takes a cherry-flavored lollipop and plops it into her mouth. "Hello? Are you guys ignoring me?"

Just outside the door, he finds Iris—face sunk into her hands and sobbing. Elias takes a seat on the opposite side of the narrow corridor. "Do you think it's crueler that, as gods, we're subjected to the same emotions as humans, or would it be crueler to do without? You, me, Hermes. Messengers of the Gods, our lot. Our ties to mankind runs deeper than most. I think it's a beautiful and humbling thing that we, too, can feel what they feel." Elias extends his hand, holding the box of tissues. "Here." He waits for her to take it. "I didn't want to come today. I thought, 'it's no longer my problem'. But, I see now why it's important to be here. Hermes represented mankind's fighting spirit, perseverance. He tricked many a gods for the sake of man. I represent their desires. And you. You are the shining beacon of hope. The light that pierces the darkness. Don't succumb to it. If the real Hermes were here, he'd scold us to get it together and fight, even if we're weak." Elias leans his back to the wall and looks up at the ceiling lights. "But he's not. So we'll have to be."

~ ~ ~​

Sea. Vast, blue, shapeless sea that extends to infinity. A man dressed entirely in black clothing sits upon a breathtaking gold and red-fabric throne on a white-sand shore; the water calmly lapping at its legs. The overhang of clouds above him move with unsettling motion akin to video footage being fast-forwarded. A face emerges from beneath the water surface: Elias with closed eyes. The rest of his body emerges as well; he is dressed entirely in white. Elias opens his eyes and his pupils undilates. He is now completely dry, sitting with crossed legs on the sand, the man on the throne in front of his field of view. Elias sees that the man on the throne is none other than Hermes. "Hello Morpheus. It's time we talk."

"Hermes?" Morpheus stands up and addresses the late messenger god.

"You seem uncomfortable. Would you like a proper seat? Like this one, perhaps? It's a fine seat. Gold, varnished oak, red velvet." Hermes describes as he rubs the hand rests of the splendid throne.

A hand comes over Elias' shoulder. "Oh, I like this guy." As if out of thin air, Carly appears from behind Elias and walks to his side. "Yeah, he's got what the kids call 'pizzazz'." She states with a sly smirk on her face.

"You've always wanted a proper seat, don't you? A seat at the table. To belong with your own kind."

"I don't mind people. I've... learned to love them. Faults and all."

"And that's why you let me die? I'm not as important as them? We're not as important as them? I was important enough to whoever murdered me!" Hermes and his throne burst into flames. Hermes' skin begins to boil and blood leaks from his wounds. His clothes and hair gradually disintegrates. Elias, witnessing such a horrifying sight, begins to hyperventilate. "This is your seat Morpheus! Reduced to cinders! The gods burned you long ago. You aren't one of us. Return to the reeds, drink the Lethe, and rest your weary eyes." Hermes laughs as Elias nearly collapses onto his knees. Then, the flames vanish, returning Hermes and his throne to the state they were in before. "You sly dog." Elias looks at Hermes, trying to regain his composure. "There's someone else in here with us, isn't there? I can sense this faint presence. Who's in here with us, Morpheus?"

"Gotta say, I'm impressed." Carly states as she walks toward Hermes. Elias seems nervous about what she's doing. "Relax, Crazy Town. He knows there's some kind of presence here, but that's about it." Carly proceeds to sit down on Hermes' lap, stretching her legs out over one of the hand rests. "See? Blind as a bat." Hermes repeats his earlier question. "Well? Who's in here with us, Morpheus?"

Panning away, a table now comes into focus: the table where the W.P.C. gods are gathered around. Elias snaps his fingers and the illusion that he projected breaks, returning the setting back to the room they were in. "That's what I saw." He tells the group. "Morpheus, who was the other person that Hermes was referring to in the vision just now?" Shiva asks. And that's when Elias came to the realization that, despite his best efforts, Carly won't even appear in his projections. Elias turns around and looks at her. "You're trying to sell me out? That's low, son." She teases. "Morpheus, are you alright?" Shiva asks. "I'm fine. And it's nothing."

"Who's in here with us, Morpheus?"

Last edited:

Current location: WPC HQ (Male's restroom), Washington DC
Interacting: Digit Digit Mentioning everyone
It's been a long time since Katsumi, or, Takemikazuchi heard a nursery rhyme. Not many good memories were associated with them and deep down, that.. that thing really pissed him off. A pissed off Take was a violent Take, so to speak. Walking into the men's restroom, he plugged up one of the sinks and let water fill it before sitting on the flat surface beside the filled sink. His back leaned to the mirrors, he sank one hand into the water and stared into a random spot before a small ball of electricity formed and moulded into a butterfly, fluttering around. Although not the most powerful god, by far, Katsumi could still cause chaos like any other god, more so by being able to fry technology and even a human's mind. He had done it out of anger once when he was somewhat of a teen back in the day.

Watching the butterfly flutter around, electricity dancing around the water surface where his hand was touching it, the loneliness that he always carefully hid, showed on his face. It wasn't nice, being the only of your pantheon, not knowing where your brothers and sisters are, if they're alive even.. he envied the gods in that conference room, they had somewhat of a family, they weren't alone even if they distanced themselves from others. Takemikazuchi was, like that thing said, just a herald, an omen, a thunder clap signalling bad, stormy times were close. That's all he was, he believed that. He believed that thing and that made his rage bubble even more. He believed it... Because of his depressing train of thoughts, Katsumi hadn't been aware of his surroundings, only sensing another god's presence after a little while. "Ah.. sorry, Lugh..." His voice trailed as he peered back at the butterfly, fluttering closer and closer to him before landing on his lips, remaining there. That way it wouldn't be a danger to anyone.

Last edited:
Ibis pictograph  left.pngIbis pictograph  right.png

Thoth

Thoth.jpg

Isra Amari
Interaction 1: AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Blu Blu
Interaction 2: @ all in the meeting room

How does one kill a god?

The grim subject was one of two things that occupied Isra’s thoughts as he settled in for the long flight to D.C. The first class ticket left him plenty of room. He preferred first class if only because the more perceptive mortals started to intuit something of his ‘otherness’ if they spent that many hours cramped beside him in coach. A cool stream of air billowed out from the tiny jets above. Ammut lay placidly beside his feet, having watched the takeoff from their tiny porthole window. She liked the takeoffs. Ammut hadn’t been in the baggage hold for about 25 years now. Isra had always managed to reason her way onto the plane sans crate, and into the cabin directly.

The call had taken him by surprise. He had known Hermes personally, worked with him for over two millennia. He had even been inclined to call him a friend. The chance that there was a new lead in the case gave him hope, but it also presented many questions.
Killing a god was not an easy feat. There were, of course, different kinds of ‘dead’ a god could be. Direct dismemberment certainly did little to subdue members of his own pantheon. In four years there had not been a single breath of Hermes however. Until now.

This was the second flight he had booked today, the first having been missed and the reason for it was the second topic that his mind was busy turning over: The man at the U.N. headquarters in Beirut. There weren’t many people who had known he was going to Beirut. The lecture he had scheduled was a private affair for his Lebanese colleagues. This man had known. He had not only known about the lecture, but where he would be precisely after he had received the call telling him to go to D.C.

Trent Roth-Drydecker. He hadn’t known the man’s name then. He would not forget it now. When the man approached Isra had a sudden sensation of fire. Not for the man’s appearance either, though his brilliant red hair was more than noticeable in an Arabic city. He had spoken his name; one of his true names: ‘Thoth’. He claimed he all the gods, or at least the ones working with the W.P.C. He certainly knew Apollo, because as proof he had produced a photograph of the celebrity god, though seemed almost to need confirmation that it was actually Apollo.

‘This is the third time I've been turned away by your cause, Professor, and I'm sorry, but I can't afford a fourth. We need to talk. But not now. Not here. They could be listening. They are listening.’

The third time? Who were they? Even after hours of deep conversation with the enigmatic character he still wasn’t sure. Trent had been alarmingly evasive, speaking in some sort of code, probing the god, trying to glean information even as Isra was doing exactly the same thing. He was clearly very agitated by the idea of ‘them’. Isra was careful to give as little away as possible without directly misleading this strange man. The game they had been thrown into all those years ago was one that required the utmost delicacy, or Isra could risk tipping the balance outside of their favour.

He would miss the start of the meeting only just, provided he went straight to D.C. HQ, he did howver, have means of catching himself up with what was about to be discussed.

~~~

In the room where the gods were gathered there was precious little adornment. A table, chairs, a book shelf in the corner…and an ibis. The bird appeared stuffed, for it stood perfectly motionless, but as the gods spoke each in turn, if any had glanced in its direction they might have caught it blinking.
Isra could see and hear all of what his familiar did and was following along carefully right up until the point where he entered the building.

Isra happened upon Iris and Morpheus first. He held a box in his hand, white cardboard with colouful ribbons tying it up and sitting in coils on the top.
Ammut trotted over to Iris, pressing her thick face against the goddess’ arm.
It looks like I’ve arrived just in time for the break.” He held up the box. “An offering. The best baklava Lebanon can produce.

Once in the room Isra cast his gaze about it, taking in the grim faces of the others. Ammut had stayed outside.
To say these visions are troubling would be grossly understating the fact.” He spoke to the room, dismissing the bird with a wave before setting the open box of baklava in the center of the table. The ibis shook itself and began to walk out of the room with a stilt-legged strut.

I’m sorry for the delay, but I did manage to collect all of your recounts. I will archive them provided I have permission. Aside, a warm hello to you all.
The formalities done Isra jumped straight into the issues at hand: “On the most prominent matter I think I am inclined towards Apollo and Morpheus' assessment of this figure. I do not think the Hermes in these visions is quite the one who was killed four years ago.”
He nodded at Shiva, as if coming to a decision.

Actually, my delay might hold some interest for those collected here.” He proceeded to recount his strange interaction with the man in Beirut. When he was done he looked for a spare seat and took it, folding his hands together and pressing them to his lips, going over the events again in his mind.
"There is still so much missing data. I'm afraid I can't offer any useful assessment until we have more information. Our mysterious 'informant' may be connected to the four past events previously discussed and, if you are correct, the three that are yet to come...Shiva, what did Mr. Roth-Drydecker mean when he said he had been turned away three times?"

Last edited:
APOLLO CIRILLO

437734.jpg

GREEK | CS

TAGS: Specific interactions w/ SilverFlight SilverFlight Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Blu Blu Lexielai Lexielai
NOTES: This got long as it's essentially a summary of everything that's happened so far, as well as my attempt to put it all together. If you'd like to take a guess about what's going on so far, this is probably the best place to start.

There were times when Apollo was thankful for his family’s eventual descent into obscurity. This was one of them. Had this taken place in Ancient Greece, he would have lost his cool ages ago.

The entire affair was fast spiralling down into chaos. Apollo felt control slipping out of his grip -- even if, as he was keen to remind himself, this was not his to control; even if, as he was especially keen to remind himself, he’d decided to stop caring about control a long time ago. Stop. Stop it. This was not Olympus anymore.

Eyes closed, Apollo pinched the bridge of his nose, drawing out a long sigh. Even like this, in the dark, a few details stood out to him: The way Hephaestus’ expression twisted into guilt-ridden shock; Eiran’s pale raised hand; the sound of paper sliding across the surface, as Shiva presented them a paper containing the signature of Hermes’ killer; and then, of course, the footsteps. There was Bjorn’s thunderous footfalls, increasing in volume as he burst through the door. There was the sound of Katsumi’s hurried steps, reduced into silence after mere moments. Skylie’s sounded much the same, and Apollo did his best to pretend he never heard the whimpers that accompanied them. There was Elias' and Donal’s footfalls; theirs sounded like echoes, like answered calls for cries of help.

Apollo opened his eyes only as he felt an unfamiliar pair of shoes tread the ground. No. Not unfamiliar. Just unpunctual.

‘About bloody time,’ he muttered under his breath as Isra marched into the room. Unfortunately, it didn’t seem like his friend’s words were any more reassuring. Apollo followed Isra’s gaze, sending Shiva a look of furrowed brows. Trent Roth-Drydecker? Someone who knew who they all really were? ‘A journalist? Another god? Perhaps this is the man from the vision? The observer?’ Apollo took out his phone, tapping at the screen for a minute before finishing with a resigned shrug. ‘If he is, then apparently we cannot catch a break.’ He held up his phone for everyone to see. ‘Google’s convinced he doesn’t exist.’ Apollo redirected his gaze to Shiva. ‘He sounds like a problem, but I say we put him on the back burner. We still haven’t the faintest idea what the vision -- or the interference -- means.’

There was something they were missing. Something crucial. A link. Apollo had his suspicions, but what good was intuition without substance to support it? They needed a systematic approach -- that much was clear.

He looked at Bjorn, who had addressed him right as he entered the doors. ‘If I were still in Tokyo, I’d agree with you. The visions I had there -- if it wasn’t Hermes that visited me, then it was a fragment of him. But the interference just now -- it only wore the face of my brother. It was a mockery of Hermes, of all of us.’ Most terrifying of all, of course, was that no one had ever managed manipulating Apollo’s own illusions against him before. ‘A malevolent presence. Powerful. I’ve only felt such intensity a handful of times before.’ He looked at Shiva for a split second, before continuing, ‘but I agree with Forseti. It wants to point out how much power we used to have -- or don’t have currently.’ Apollo looked at all of them one-by-one. He looked at the trail of words Katsumi had left in his wake. HELPLESSNESS: For Apollo, the word stood out above the rest, and he tried to brush it off. ‘It’s a taunt. Don’t fall for it. It keeps us from looking more closely.’

It’s hardly my fault you never look closely enough, is it? Hermes’ words were a broken record, a plague in his head.

‘So let’s start with what we do know. My original vision. Some of you received a text from me last night, as Morph had alluded to earlier. I mentioned Rome.’ He’d assumed everyone had caught it, but the interference at the end must have diverted their attention successfully. But Apollo -- well. Apollo was never going to forget. He’d always held grudges like no other.

Sono Pazzi Questi Romani.’ Apollo shrugged, Italian syllables rolling off his tongue with a gentle lilt. His mouth quirked to the side in a half-hearted attempt at a grin. ‘In the vision, there was a clock on the bedside table. It bore the insignia of an eagle, and the letters SPQR. Senatus Populusque Romanus. The Senate and People of Rome. Still in use by the city today.’ He tapped his index finger at the paper Shiva had passed on. ‘If we assume my vision is connected to this, then we can conclude something’s bound to happen in the City of Seven Hills. But what?

‘In the vision, Hermes’ exact words were: “There’s a labyrinth of dominoes, you see, and you’re the first tile.” The headless observer. The others in the white robes were dying because we couldn’t save the headless observer -- Hermes said as much. But who is it? Who is the headless observer?’

Was it Hermes himself? Then what was the point of the vision -- if he’d already been long dead? Was it this Trent person that Isra talked about? The one who was so afraid of ‘them?’

Apollo turned the sheet of paper over to a blank page. ‘Beyond its taunts; beyond its torments, there was always something. It was always holding onto something. An object.’ He went through everyone’s recollection one by one. His pen stained the white of the paper, a list slowly forming. ‘In Athena’s -- it had a book bound in black leather. A grimoire?’ He shook his head, ideas floating in between the things that made sense, and the things that didn’t. ‘Khione -- it asked you for a necklace with a cross. What did it look like? Could it have been an important relic? An Ankh?’ His eyes automatically made their way to Niles and then to Isra, though by now he knew better than be optimistic about answers. ‘Is it, perhaps, connected to Hephaestus’ vision? It asked him to create a staff -- again with this bloody cross motif. It can’t be a caudecus, could it?

‘Takemikazuchi drew an umbrella, and Lugh wrote about a golden ring. At this point, I’m convinced we’re dealing with a Satanist jeweller from London.’

Apollo sighed. Often he found connections that confirmed his initial suspicions, and then there were objects that simply didn’t make sense. There were yet more blanks that needed to be filled. ‘Forseti, were there any objects that stood out in yours? Horus? We’ll have to ask Iris when she gets back, as well.’

For now, they just had to work with what they had.

‘Morpheus’ had a throne fit for a king -- but this, I presume to be symbolism more than anything. Rome knows no kings -- it’s one of the things they just love to dawdle over. Unless, of course, a member of the royalty is scheduled to visit? And then there’s the Director’s.’

It was nothing short of terrifying, when even Shiva himself didn’t appear to be out of this entity’s reach. ‘It handed you a cap, talking about a bridge-builder who once donned it.’ There it was, building Apollo up again, that feeling: A moment, a precipice, being so close to eureka. ‘At first, I assumed it was talking about Hermes -- for who was Hermes but a god of boundaries and passages? But a white kippah -- as you describe it, Director -- looks nothing likes Hermes’ winged petasos. The thing addressed the bridge-builder as a he, so we can assume it's a man.’ And then there was, perhaps, Apollo’s smoking gun: The tiara. The cap turned into a tiara. A crown. That was another link. Someone else had mentioned a crown.

Apollo looked at Yama once again, returning the latter’s incredulous look with a glare of his own. ‘You said you saw a silver mallet.’ Apollo wrote it down, knowing that wasn’t quite the end of it. ‘But you said you also saw keys and a crown. Well?’ It was hard to pinpoint what it was, why it was, but Apollo had always held a quiet -- well, knowing himself, perhaps not that quiet -- dislike for the other god. Was it born from a difference of philosophies? Attidues? Who knows? Apollo’s personal guess was electromagnetic repulsion, but he didn’t care enough to truly find out.

‘Were they on the table the mallet broke? Or hung up somewhere? How did they play into your vision?’ Yama’s vagueness was deliberate -- that much Apollo was sure. To what end? He didn’t know. Perhaps there wasn’t one. Perhaps that’s why he didn’t like the other god very much. He couldn’t figure him out. ‘You said the keys were bound. Were they crossed over at the shaft? Were the handles circular? Where does the crown play into all this? I need to see it as you saw it.’ Bloody hell, Apollo wasn’t about to ask. ‘I believe it’s connected to what I saw. What I originally saw.’

Skylie was disgusted with herself. Why the hell was she so weak? She’d braved the gods-damned River Styx once! How had she devolved so drastically over the centuries? Did it really all boil down to Hermes’s death? Or was it because she had been truly weak from the moment she was born? Was that why she hadn’t heard from Zephyrus in so long?

The door opened beside her, but she didn’t look up. That would expose her tear-streaked face, and that would be really embarrassing. Then she heard Elias’s voice. She glanced up and saw him sitting across the hall from her. His voice soothed her in a way that painting probably couldn’t—or lollipops, for that manner.

With a grateful glance, she reached over and took a tissue from the box he proffered. He had a point about the gods’ messengers being closer to mankind. Suddenly, she had a flashback of when she’d visit him to wake him, telling him stories of the mortal world and all the mischief the gods were up to. As she wiped her face with the tissue, a small smile lifted the corners of her lips.

Elias continued, and Skylie felt her smile widen. She unfolded her legs and leaned her head back against the wall. “I represent hope, huh? I guess I have The Wizard of Oz to thank for that.” She almost flinched at mention of the movie that had been so frequently referenced in her vision with Hermes. But she didn’t. Progress.

She muttered, “I won’t fail any of you. I’m not letting any of you die, so long as I live.”

Perhaps she should have registered the footsteps coming down the hallway, but she didn’t, and before she knew it, a dog was pressing its face into her arm. Looking up, she saw Thoth, or Isra, holding a box of baklava. Skylie laughed and petted Ammut, whom she’d heard was not just an ordinary dog. In a way, she was thankful for Ammut and Isra’s arrival. It brought her back to reality.

Nodding to Elias, she pushed herself to her feet as Isra and Ammut entered the conference room. “Thanks for coming after me.”

Once she re-entered the conference room, she let Isra say his piece before turning to Apollo, who had a list in front of him of objects they’d all seen in their visions. “Sorry I ran out earlier. In my vision, Hermes—or whatever he is—was holding a harp and singing ‘Over the Rainbow’—and no, I do not want to discuss that irony. Anyway, when he finished the song, the strings broke. So there you have it.”

She sat down again and waited for Elias to return. He did, and he showed everyone what he’d seen in his vision. A throne? That was extravagant. But from what she’d heard from the other visions, it seemed Hermes was less aggressive and threatening in this one. Still terrifying, mind you, but less so. Yet the Hermes in the vision seemed focused on the idea of someone else invading the vision.

Once the vision was done, Skylie peered at Elias out of the corner of her eye. Though he denied that Hermes’s words had any merit, she was suspicious. There was something he wasn’t telling them, but she wouldn’t pry. Honestly, she was surprised no one had questioned her about Zephyrus’s absence. Then again, Apollo probably didn’t want to rehash his feud with her husband over Hyacinthus. That had been an awkward conversation after she and Zephyrus had married…

Skylie sighed and pinched herself in the thigh. Now was not the time.

(Mention: Blu Blu Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero SilverFlight SilverFlight )

Code by apolla apolla

Location: W.P.C. Washington Headquarters | Mentions: AnimeGenork AnimeGenork Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero SilverFlight SilverFlight

XXkVA.png

Elias Carter
Notes: This post ended up longer than I planned so sorry to those who are reading! Anyways, it doesn't have too much that pertains to the current meeting so it's not imperative to read.
It's nice to see Iris smile. It's been so long since last they all got together, Elias being the recluse he is. It's unfortunate that the circumstance that brought them here is the same circumstance that took one of them away all those years ago. But dwelling on such painful thoughts helps no one so Elias reciprocates Iris' smile even if it's only a slight curve at one corner of his lips. Elias finds it difficult nowadays to really smile but Iris always seem to have a way to coerce one out of him.

Their conversation is then interrupted by two welcoming presences: Thoth and Ammut. And Thoth brought with him the most splendid offering as he described as the "best baklava Lebanon can produce." Elias certainly doesn't mind having Thoth around. He's quite the agreeable fellow. "I'm glad you could make it, Thoth. It's been too long." He says before giving Ammut a good rub down. It's a shame these blissful moments will have to wait: they have business to attend to after all. Thoth opens the door to enter as Iris rises to her feet and thanks Elias for coming after her. "You would've done the same." He simply states before getting up as well and entering the conference room with the rest of them.

Inside, after the formalities that came with the arrival of Thoth, the Scribe God recounts a peculiar encounter with an informant by the name of Mr. Roth-Drydecker. By the end of his story, Thoth defers to Shiva about the informant and asks what he meant when he said he had been turned away thrice. Shiva certainly knows of this Roth-Drydecker character but never thought of him of any importance. "Ahh, yes, Mr. Roth-Drydecker. Interesting man. He came to us with claims of U.N. agents being compromised and that he has access to information regarding Harold Ryder's connection to the four events of years past."

"Harold Ryder? The media mogul?"

"The very same. I believe Apollo has a contract with one of the recording labels owned by Mr. Ryder's vast company. In any case, Mr. Roth-Drydecker's claims are unsubstantiated. We've performed our own internal investigation and found nothing. Until he can provide evidence for his accusations, I would not risk getting into bed with this Roth-Drydecker character." Shiva explains.

~ ~ ~​

"Excuse me. I have to use the restroom." Elias says, getting up from his seat and exiting the room. Something from his vision has him spooked. It's apparent on his face despite his best efforts to hide it. Outside in the hall, Elias deliberately avoids the same restroom occupied by Lugh and Takemizuchi and opts for one further down in another wing. Once inside, he locks the restroom door and turns on the faucet, letting the water run and build up in the sink. He looks down at the water, pondering his own reflection. It was just for a brief second but the bright white lights in the restroom suddenly flashes a deep red. Elias exhales abruptly and looks up at the mirror. What he sees is disturbing despite being only a glimpse: it looks to be some sort of humanoid creature covered in black sludge and possessing sickly yellow eyes.

Elias turns around but sees nothing of the sort behind him. Then, he looks back at the mirror only to see Carly as his reflection; he jolts out of surprise. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Elias sighs and washes his face. "What was that all about? In there? Why couldn't they see you through my projection?"

"Yeah, about that. Gotta say: not cool, man." Carly teases as she points at him in the mirror. "Ya know what they say, right? 'Snitches get stitches.' Don't get into my shit, brotha."

"Look, I thought we were friends. Why are you doing this?"

"Oh, I am your friend." Carly nods affirmatively. "But also, I'm somethin' more. How do you- Whatcha call it?" She does a little dance in the mirror as she thinks. "I'm like a 'defense mechanism.' Keepin' ya safe from all those harmful, nasty little things that wants to take your brain for a joyride only to crash it into a ditch and watch it burn. Do you think you're safe here? With your buddy-buddies? They can't protect you from what's comin'. But stick with me, kid, and you might just survive. Tell ya the truth: your besties stand a better chance without you."

Suddenly, the door handle begins to shake as someone attempts to get it. "Hey, who's in there? Why's the door locked? Hello?" A masculine voice emanates from outside. "Who's that?" "I dunno, you tell me." "Who's in there?" "Who's in here with us, Morpheus?" "Who is that?" The door handle shakes. "Who's in there?" "Who's... in here?" "Morpheus, who's in here with us?" The door handle shakes. The voices jumbles and gets louder. "Who's in here, Elias?" "Who's in there?" "Who's in here with us?" The door handle shakes. "Morpheus...?" "Elias!" "Who's in there?!" "WHO WHO WHO WHO???" "Morpheus..." "Elias."

"Who's in here with us?"

"Hmm?" Elias asks as he's taken away from his train of thought. Elias is sitting on a couch in what appears to be a lounging area. He is dressed in all white like the other people in the lounge. Sitting across from him on another couch is Carly, dressed in a minimalist nurse's uniform; she has red-framed glasses on. "I asked, 'who's in here with us right now, Elias?'"

"Oh- Uhh, sorry, I was just- I was thinking. Umm, there's this little boy in a yellow raincoat, holding a bright red umbrella. He's called the 'Yellow King'." Elias explains, going through the motions in his head. Carly writes down what is being said on a clipboard. "Okay. So this 'Yellow King', he frequently appears in your dreams along with," she looks down at her notes, "the 'Cannibal Queen' and the 'Great White Beast'?" Elias nods. "They're sort of like emissaries- Messengers even. They tell me when something's about to go wrong."

"So like a warning system? Indicating trouble. Not necessarily when things are about to go wrong. It could be triggering when things already are going wrong. At least that's how I see it."

"Yeah, yeah. Could be. You would know, right? You're the expert. I'm just- N-Never mind."

"No, go ahead. What do you want to say? What are you?"

"Well, I know what I am. I'm cra- I'm not-" Elias seems to have difficulty admitting it.

"Not 'normal'? What's 'normal'? You say it like 'normal' is this shirt everyone walks around in. No one's normal. The line in the sand is just how successful you are."

"That can't be true right? I mean- Look at where we are." He motions both hands about the place. "This is a mental hospital."

"Now that's crazy." Hearing that response, an amused smile can't help but form on Elias' face. Carly looks down at her wristwatch. "Oh, I gotta go. Meeting." She collects her things and gets up from the couch.

No time to waste, Elias interrupts her. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

Carly looks at Elias, her expression hints at no response. But she's thinking. The subtle movements of her eyes say as much. It's a long silent pause. Elias is nervous about the answer but the anticipatory smirk won't disappear from his face. Then...

"Okay."

Last edited:
Donal Finnegan

j3tmWWN.png

Lugh Lámhfhada
the master of skills

Tags
DuckPrince DuckPrince
One would think that gods possess a near perfect memory. Unfortunately, Donal was making a good case against that assertion. As he trailed behind Takemikazuchi, it was apparent that he was still deliberating over his own vision, hardly bothering to process his own movement through the hallway. He mentally reconstructed the image of the ring that Hermes had planted in his palm, filling in the details to the best of his ability. A golden ring with the etching of a man on it. No, there was more than just a man on it. He was seated on something: a throne or a boat, perhaps? Come to think of it, that scene of his did occur entirely in a rickety rowboat. But before he had any time to pursue the thought any further, Donal stopped himself. He came face to face with the restroom door. Enough with the boat talk–he was starting to tread dangerous waters.

Inviting himself into the room, it didn't take long for Donal to catch eye of the Japanese thunder god. The other deity appeared somewhat at ease, having settled into a comfortable position on the sink counter. "Sorry, Lugh..." he heard the god mumble before some species of staticky insect perched itself upon his lips. A butterfly of some sort, it seemed. Donal allotted himself a few seconds to study the specimen, though still cognizant of the silence that currently enveloped the room.

Not wanting to subject Takemikazuchi to said silence, Donal walked up to him, peering at the insect along the way. "Who's your friend?" Leaning over to observe the organism at a closer distance, he noted the subtle movements of the charged critter. "You know, I used to have a hand in that thunder and lightning business once." Establishing common ground. Now Donal was no counselor, but it had been a doctrine he followed since the early days of his teaching career, and it'd gotten him this far already. "I guess I have my grandfather to thank for that." His voice trailed off, having to stop himself from speaking any further on the topic. Once again, dangerous ground.

Anyways, I'm guessing that your vision wasn't any fun? I get that." After weighing the consequences, Donal recounted the details of his own vision for Takemikazuchi, revisiting the details of Hermes fishing for the ring. And although the 'Messenger God's' words still echoed in his head and the lake's imagery was practically implanted into his brain, he left them out of his retelling for now. Furrowing a brow, he looked over at Katsumi. "If you don't mind me asking, what did you see in yours?" He reasoned that perhaps the other god's story might've been able to shed some light on his own piscatorial experience, though he allowed his expectations to remain low.

Catching himself in the middle of his subtle interrogation, however, Donal cleared his throat. "Ah, forgive me if I'm intruding." He flashed an apologetic smile at the other god. "Well in any case, I appreciate you listening. I certainly feel a bit more composed myself, if anything." That much was true, although admittedly he still hadn't gotten a smidgen closer to uncovering the truth behind his vision. He couldn't but help feel as if his time had been wasted to some degree. Such was the nature of visions and their metaphors, he supposed: beautiful at times, yet unforgiving during others. Regardless, it was apparent that condemning oneself to the bathroom would do no good for the moment. "Now then, shall we head back to the meeting room? I don't know about you, but I'm not too keen on the idea of being left out of all the fun." He retraced his steps back to the restroom entrance, pushing open the door and inviting Katsumi to follow.

Current location: WPC HQ, Washington DC
Interacting: Digit Digit Blu Blu Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero The Omen of Death The Omen of Death
Katsumi watched the other god, the butterfly flapping softly as it was being inspected. "I make butterflies when I want to calm down" He explained. "Big brother Raijin taught me" He added. Unlike Kat, Raijin was strictly a thunder and lightning god, unlike Takemikazuchi's thunder and sword.

Listening to the other god helped him calm down a little more. He did listen attentively to what Lugh said, how he described his vision, how he probably left a few things out of it. Offering a small smile to the apology, he decided to explain his vision. "The ceiling crumbled and the sky was full of thunder clouds.. he was holding an umbrella and kept saying how I'm just a herald, that I should run.." He said. It was a short description, the whole thing was on the pages back at the conference room.

Nodding to the man, he got up, unpuggling the sink as he followed after him, retreating to the back of his mind to ponder. There were some things about all this that didn't quite fit the picture. As they arrived back at the conference room, Takemikazuchi apologised for the table and his outburst before sitting down and thinking for a fee seconds more.

"Hey... you said the rings indicate to Rome and your vision as well, but what if it wasn't exactly Rome?" He asked, looking at Shiva and Apollo. "There's a whole country beside Rome, isn't there? Little Vatican" He murmured. "And trying to find who didnit with what we have is a little unlikely unless someone encountered the thing before... so.." He trailed, looking at the things he drew.

"Apollo, Morpheus, could either of you force all of the visions inside my head? I could draw the items, or anything else in as much detail as I can, maybe to the finest scratch" He explained, looking at Athena. "Might not be as smart as you or Apollo, but I can pitch in my two cents to you nerds" He said while he held his pencil, tapping it ominously against the table. Loke the ticking of a clock, the tapping sounded haunting, taunting to the clock from the visions.

Last edited:

Thoth

Thoth.jpg

Isra Amari
Interaction: DuckPrince DuckPrince Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero Blu Blu Lexielai Lexielai
Mention: all in the meeting room

Ammut, goddess of Duat, Great Devourer and deliverer of ‘The Second Death’, did not get out of the underworld very often. In her true form she certainly didn’t have an appearance to invite interaction, and so, when Elias reached down to give her a good pat Ammut rolled flat on her back in absolute bliss. Her stubby bull terrier legs stuck out and her short tail wagged as she presented her pink belly, lips falling away from glistening white teeth in a somewhat gruesome smile.

She came into the room on the heels of Skylie, thick nose to the ground. It didn’t take her long to find Yama and she sat by him, small eyes fixed on his face expectantly. Ammut always liked Yama and the other death gods, they brought souls to the scales, and from there, into her jaws.

Isra absorbed what Shiva told him about the man he had met. No proof. Of course he could have been just a conspiracy theorist, but given there had already been blood he suspected if this Dry-Decker did have proof, he may not have lived long enough to share it. Isra made a mental note to look into Harold Ryder with his own resources. He wasn’t about to ask the W.P.C. to invest more.
Isra sat with himself for several moments longer, deep in the folds of his own thoughts. He Listened to the others describe their visions. Slowly he rose, looking at them with purpose as he drew the quill pinned in his lapel.

There is a lot for us to untangle here, but let me attempt,” he began as he produced a tiny clay pot from somewhere on his person. The quill drew up the thin, black liquid within it and it shimmered as he moved the tip through the air over the elegant, cherry wood table.
As Apollo said, the common themes in these visions are taunts, the entities goading you, but I believe it is in the differences that we may begin to find answers. Let's revisit the symbols, the items presented to each one of you in these troubling visions.” He put the pen to the table and drew and as he drew the ink began to glow gold and lift off the surface, leaving the wood unmarred.

The crosses, keys, a chalice, harp and others all seem to have a common theme,” As he spoke the quill traced each item and the images stood out in their glowing outlines.
Some items are harder to place: the silver mallet for instance, but barring that, all of these symbols give off a distinctly…Christian atmosphere.

The ink vanished like smoke, taking the ghostly images with it. He wondered if the others had been thinking it too. It wasn’t a topic he knew many of the old gods liked to visit; the religion that had in effect, replaced them. Many of the insertions had been brutal, forced, just like the entity often forced the items on the old gods in their visions. No, if this sort of power was involved, was actively engaging with them…it meant their world was about to change for the worse.

The matter of the observer I’d like to discuss next.” The quill was put away, carefully back in his lapel. “In Apollo’s vision this being was dressed as those being lead to their deaths. He was already headless in the vision but, he may not yet be. I believe this observer is the next target, and that this death will set events in motion.
He glanced at Apollo over gold-rimmed spectacles. “As far as we know you were the only one actively threatened by this presence in the visions…so, I would like you to consider going into protective custody, here with the W.P.C. I know, I am far from having the authority to force you, but at the very least I want you with a deity escort at all times I’m…I’m worried for you.

At that moment something changed in Isra’s eyes. The professional air wavered, giving way to the tired fear of a very old god. Hermes’ death had been a blow, and it was as if Isra was flinching in the anticipation of another, and he did not know from which direction it would come. It was the look of a god who knew a universe of secrets, and suddenly found himself awash in an inky black sea of the unknown. Isra in that moment looked lost…and afraid.
In truth he was worried for all of them, and the worry had been sitting with him a long time.
We must find out if this entity has threatened anyone else and…we must find the 'observer'.

There were still questions, an army of them thousands strong. Shiva’s vision of the chess board, where they were the pieces, the ‘bridge-builder’? How did it link to the Hindu deity? The Kippah? Isra had an idea, but he wasn't willing to admit it yet.
There was one figure linked to Christianity he could think of who would have worn such a headpiece. He had begun humbly, and ultimately risen to royalty.
What about the other symbols? Did they hold a deeper meaning?

The most important thing is: where do we begin searching? Well…” He glanced meaningfully at Katsumi, “I think our thunder god has just provided us with a very likely option.

Last edited:
Sophia/Athena
After having decided to focus her mental capacity in getting all the details she could about the other's visions, Athena watched and observed carefully as she always did. However shaking her head, and rolling her eyes at the more emotional responses, even now Athena remained reserved with her emotions, showing a stone mask, no signs or hints of any change of expression except maybe only slight hints of perturbness at what she saw and heard from everyone.

Thinking about everything very carefully, scrutinizing absolutely every detail carefully and taking in consideration the fact that most of these gods would probably not have the slightest clue as to what they were looking at or what they truly were. It took a bit while they were all debating away, and while new people showed their faces, something she hadn't paid any heed to.

Of course, Athena hit the epiphany.

After overhearing, some of the last parts of the conversation, she had to give them credit for getting that close to figuring it out.

"Well now, I must say I am impressed you have all gotten that close, but I managed to truly piece this question as to who is the 'observer' quite clearly. However, before I elaborate on that matter, there was something else I noted that some of you are missing... Whatever this thing is we are up against, it is clear that the visions were not simply just taunts, for some of you... It's more of a predator vs prey attitude, for some of you, it was meant to be a way for it to psychologically mess with you, play mind games, to ultimately break your will and resolve to carry on with this, before slaughtering you like a lamb. It's classic psychological warfare, that's why we need to remember to be very vigilant and you need to be mentally prepared for this undertaking, as if you are not it will become quite clear that it will eliminate you." Athena brought up quite bluntly, her face grave and quite serious, although it was essentially one of her ways of showing care for the others. And then she continued so as to finally answer the matter of the 'observer'.

"Now with that out of the way, I can now answer the true question here... Now, as all of you have come to the conclusion, as did I, the true meaning behind the visions, all came because of a connection between them all. It was the objects, and here's the matter that I would've expected all of you if not most of you to not get... And for that, let me show you a picture of what we have been seeking, if you recognize it then it only makes this clearer."

With that, Athena took out her phone, typed in the various papal objects that were shown in the visions finding their images and showing the god that saw them (the ones each god stated was in their's, excluding ones that weren't mentioned) and once that was done.

"Do you see it now? All of this leads to one final conclusion that finally identifies who the observer is," Giving a pause before she finally revealed it to let that hang in the air for that moment in time.

"The 'observer' is none other... Than the Pope himself."

APOLLO CIRILLO

437734.jpg

GREEK |CS

TAGS: The Omen of Death The Omen of Death SilverFlight SilverFlight AnimeGenork AnimeGenork DuckPrince DuckPrince Blu Blu
NOTES: Also someone gotta arrange their ride

Katsumi’s mention of the Vatican caught him off-guard. And here Apollo thought the Japanese god was only ever good for cutting things down or frying electronic devices. As Athena spoke, Apollo turned his head to the side, shooting Katsumi a half-smile that was somewhere between pleasant surprise and quiet approval. A few moments passed before he realised Athena had stopped speaking.

‘Ah, yes. I’m inclined to agree.’ Apollo shifted his attention back to everyone else in the room. ‘The brimless white cap -- not a kippa, but a zucchetto; the pectoral cross; the fisherman’s ring; all associated with papal regalia. Even the seat we saw in Morpheus’ vision resembled the current papal throne.’ There was something about his last statement that gnawed at him -- a half-baked thought left to rot in the back of his mind. He had other priorities.

His hand slid towards Katsumi’s drawings, finger pointing atthe umbrella. ‘The stripes of red and gold on the canopy -- remarkably like the Umbraculum, yes? It’s the same thing with the bound silver-and-gold keys and the three-tiered crown -- symbols of the flag and coat of arms of the Holy See. There are still some things I can’t quite work out: Athena, you saw a book, yes?’ He paused, head propped up on his hand. ‘What did the bastard say again? “Be sober. Be vigilant. You can probably read the rest.” Those were his exact words, were they? Because it sounds like he was reading from it, rather than just giving you advice.’

Thankfully, they had a living, breathing Wikipedia in the room right now.

‘Thoth, mate, can you tell if it’s a passage from The Bible? “Be sober. Be vigilant.” Those exact words -- on any of the five hundred thousand versions of it, anyway.’ Apollo finally turned to the Egyptian god, whose gaze he’d been partly avoiding since the latter’s ominous words earlier. It was terrifying. Apollo couldn’t think of a single counterargument to his friend's concerns.

The False Hermes had made no pretenses with Apollo -- no clues for him to see; no petty attempts to induce guilt or helplessness. Even the threat felt … secondary. What stood out above all was its grasp tightening around his mind. For a moment, control slipped out of Apollo's grasp, and it felt like the entity had conquered him. The individual visions that everybody saw -- Apollo couldn’t help but wonder if they were made by him as much as they were made by the False Hermes. It channeled itself through him, through his illusions.

And there it was again -- that half-baked thought screaming for attention, just as it had when his mind briefly touched on Morpheus’ vision.

Gamóto,’ Apollo muttered under his breath, suddenly getting up from his seat. The colour drained from his face. Without another word, he exited the room, slamming the door behind him, before coming back a couple seconds later, apparently having collected his composure. Sort of. ‘Director, we’d best get a move on. My original vision ended with the clock going off -- it was 03.00. I’ve got no idea what bloody time it is in Rome, but we need to get there as soon as we can. Some of us may be able to get there faster, like Iris,’ his gaze fell to Skylie for a second, ‘though I would exercise caution. We still don't know who -- or what -- we're up against. Besides, most of us need a more conventional means of transportation. A jet? Who can arrange it?’

Would he even dare to come with them? That was a thought for later. You -- with me.’ Instead, Apollo simply grabbed Katsumi by the wrist, dragging the latter with him as once more, he exited the room without further explanation. They made their way to the nearest loo, only to find it empty. Further down the hall, however, Apollo finally appeared to find what he was looking for. An agent was knocking on the door to the men’s room. The knob was no good either.

‘Did you see who was in there?’

‘Yes, sir. Mr. Carter went inside a few minutes ago, I think.’

‘Stand back.’ Apollo gestured at the agent, and then turned to Katsumi, finally releasing the latter from his grasp. ‘Can you get the door down? He did…’ Terror tried to break out from Apollo’s expression, and he dug his teeth into his lip in a half-hearted attempt to reign it down. ‘He was doing the same thing. He must’ve … I just need to make sure he’s okay.’

The answer was clear now: the Pope. It's as Morpheus and Apollo said before. The entity in the visions was simply toying with the old gods—baiting them with imagery and words that seemingly meant to harm them. But that was just to hide the real game, wasn't it? Fortunately, some manage to see through this ploy and discern the real truth. As Athena stated: it's the objects in each vision. Each one a papal regalia, Apollo identified. Thoth's and Takemizuchi's mentions of the symbols emanating a Christian atmosphere and the Vatican respectively steered them onto the right path. And it led them here to their answer.

"Pope Clement? So the cap I've mistaken for a kippah was in fact a zucchetto. 'Bridge-builder', 'father', all words associated with the Pope himself. I may have won the chess match in that vision but the arrogant bastard still played me for a fool." Shiva states.

Despite knowing that the Pope is the observer in the visions, they'd still have to figure out why. The immediate concern comes to Shiva's mind only to be vocalized by Apollo who mentions the clock in his vision. 3:00 is coming up in a few hours in Rome. Apollo then asks about transportation. "I can arrange that. Have Agent Sabroe take you and the others to the nearby airfield. I'll stay here and make some calls; make sure there are no interference once you arrived and to tell Interpol and the local authorities to cooperate with our agents." Shiva explains. Suddenly, he notices someone else missing from the room. And the fact that they're not here spells trouble on the horizon.

"Wait. Where's Yama?" Shiva asks.

Notes: Quick intermediate post to point everyone to where they need to go.
Mentions: Everyone; direct interaction Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero Lexielai Lexielai

'Plane to FCO or CIA, ASAP. Pref CIA, less busy.'

'Land transp to Vatican.'

Sarah Sabroe was just getting used to the silence -- the torture of not knowing what was going on behind closed doors -- when her phone polluted the air with a distinct ringtone. She already knew who it was.

'Need INTERPOL assist.'

'Notify Swiss Guard. Need status on Clement.'

It almost felt ... unnatural, having Apollo barking orders with neither quip nor explanation. Even more reason not to question it -- not now, at least. Sabroe was already in the process of dialling numbers of border guards and global police. Phone sandwiched between a shoulder and an ear, she walked around the WPC main wing, gesturing at men in suits, orchestrating a half-panicked symphony of calls for air clearances and pilots on duty. Unfortunately, it was a difficult hour and resources were scarce. The pilot who had taken her and some of the gods to DC had gone home hours ago. They would just have to make do with what they had.

'Report to Shiva when ready.'​

In the chaos of it all, she'd almost forgotten to actually respond to his message, only remembering to do so once she was halfway to the conference room.

'All done. Guess I'm driving. Anything else?'

The room was full of familiar faces -- Sabroe always did her research, after all -- but it was missing the one she sought the most. She blinked, trying to conceal surprise and disappointment, failing, and simply opened her mouth to explain herself. But once again, her phone's ringtone beat her to it. Her eyes dropped to the flashing screen in her hand.

'No.'

'Don't get on the plane.'

'Please.'​

Sabroe cleared her throat, pocketing the phone. She turned to Shiva. 'Plane is ready to board, sir. ETA to Rome Ciampino is 8 hours from now, approximately 02.00 local time. An INTERPOL agent will escort us to the final destination. The Swiss Guard have also been alerted, with additional security posted outside Pope Clement's chambers.'

Blu Blu

Thoth

Thoth.jpg

Isra Amari
Interaction: Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero
Mention: Lexielai Lexielai Blu Blu

"'Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.' one Peter five-eight. King James. Though, the words in Hebrew are slightly different." Isra repeated the full quote as he sat in the plump, leather seat opposite the Grecian sun god. "In all honesty that does sound like another threat."
He considered the drink on the small table beside him. A beer from one of his preferred American microbreweries, a rare treat for an uncommon visit to the United States.
"Don't think that the irony of all this is lost on anyone," he added thoughtfully. "Oddities aside, you really did give me quite a scare dashing out of the room like that. I know I sound like an old hen Apollo, but if anything happened, well, I think my days of re-constructing and reviving gods might be over."
He had done it of course, piecing Osiris back together from fourteen different parts. That, was a very long time ago. Now Morpheus and Yama were both unaccounted for. Usually this wouldn't be cause for worry; most gods came and went as they pleased. There was now an enemy however, that had demonstrated how effectively it could get inside their minds. The mere thought sent shivers down the scribe god's spine.
"I should have been more vigilant. If I had caught on sooner maybe..." He stopped himself. What had passed was the past, and doubt wasn't going to help any of them now.
"We must figure out exactly how the pope will be attacked. For something that infiltrated our minds so well, I'm not going to assume it can't strike at humans in a similar fashion."
A snort from the section of carpet at his feet told him that Ammut was still asleep. His eyes fell to the white dog, sleeping peacefully as if nothing at all was wrong. Isra stifled a pang of jealousy. She certainly wasn't concerned about missing gods, or about the threat they faced.
"The pope won't react well at all if he finds out what we are," Isra mentioned casually. Meeting gods tended to shake faiths. "How is your ah, scribe fairing in all of this?"
Isra realized that the title fell vastly short of all the tasks Sabroe was currently managing for him. He paused for a small moment before asking in a quieter voice: "does she know?"

Last edited:
11348147_824577377591833_507972451_n.jpg

Current location: WPC HQ (Male's restroom) -- eventually jet, Washington DC
Interacting: Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero

Katsumi wasn't sure what was happening anymore, being dragged around by Apollo while everyone else was pointed to a jet that would take them to Italy.

Kat didn't question Apollo, despite the look on his face so he simply nodded, turning to the door and grabbing the handle, he slammed his other palm into the door, making the hinges shatter. He pushed the door against the sinks, to catch it from falling before he looked around. "Morpheus isn't here.." He said to Apollo softly before he stepped away from the door and to the scared god. "Apollo.. let's get on that plane for now, we'll look for him, I swear" He said, not giving the Greek god much of a choice, leading him to the plane or jet or whatever with a hand on his back.

As much as it worried him about what happened in that bathroom, they needed to go. He would talk with Apollo on the jet, hopefully.

1519590629955.png

1519595281152.png
GREEK | CS

NOTES: His statue^^
TAGS: @everybody
Hephaestus sat next to the window of the WPC's private aircraft, surrounded by his fellow old gods. He was always amazed by the resourcefulness of this secretive organization, although he would have appreciated his own space to brood about recent events. Resting on his lap was a special item that he recently created in preparation for his journey. On the outside it looked like a normal book bag. However, it had significantly more space inside than any normal bag could carry. Inside was stored various tools and materials. Of course it held none of his most valuable possessions (his 7ft tall statue of a zombie pigman wouldn't fit), but for now it would be enough to suppress his restlessness.

At the moment, the god was fiddling with several different materials and tools. His hands moved almost as quickly as his mind, expertly crafting despite the troubled thoughts going through his head. Why is the enemy telling us what to do? It didn't make sense. What type of creature would not only taunt the gods, but also dare to give away their plans? Who or whatever they were messing with should know that they weren't fools. Someone like himself would clearly be able to catch any traps they have in place. If the enemy wasn't utterly foolish, they would need enough power to stop the full force of the gathered old gods while easily overwhelming their powers.

Hephaestus turned the toy-sized model of the staff he saw in the light of day. Hermes--or rather, that thing that looked like Hermes--was clearly obsessed with modern-day religions. They were the same beliefs that stole their power, the same religions that made them old gods in the first place. If their goal was to attack them, why did they brazenly reveal how to find them? Was the enemy gathering them like sheep ready for slaughter? Or was it just toying with them, playing with their fate as if they were a vulnerable line of ants in the dirt?

He huffed in annoyance. Nothing should be able to murder a god, it wasn't their fate to die like mortals. Honestly, Hephaestus could hardly believe that Hermes was actually dead. He saw his severed head, sure, but why should he believe that decapitation was enough to kill a god? In that vision Hermes left his winged shoes with him, as if giving up to whatever harmed him. That meant the enemy, the creature, knew what happened to Hermes on that day. And Hephaestus would do whatever it took to find the creature, to find Hermes. Even if he had to kill a god himself.

Skylie fought the urge to grin. She hadn’t realized she’d be able to fly again so soon. No way was she going to get on some jet when she could feel the wind in her hair, brush the clouds with her hands, just like in the good old days.

You know. Before everything went to hell.

Elias’s leaving did not escape her notice. She was tempted to go after him, like he had her, but considering she was not a man, and he was going to the restroom… That wouldn’t go over well. She’d just have to check in on him later. It seemed they were all dismissed, or the equivalent of it, so she took that as her cue to get going. With a salute to her fellow gods and those from other pantheons, she said, “I shall see you all there. Try not to offend anyone’s religion when you do.”

What? A god could respect other peoples’ God, right?

~ ~ ~​

Once she’d set foot outside, she nearly had a panic attack. What the hell was she thinking, going on alone? Especially after that horrible vision? She was either the stupidest god out there or the craziest. Wait… No, the craziest was definitely not her. But she was probably the stupidest!

With a sigh, she summoned her wings. They briefly made her think of her sister, Arke, but the thought was fleeting. Her idiot sister had managed to get those wings torn off. Even she had managed to keep them after losing pretty much all of her divinity.

Skylie had no idea if she’d be faster or slower than a plane. As a god, she was obviously pretty fast, using those rainbows to travel like the semi-badass that she was. In any case, the flight to Italy was … peaceful? No, calming was the better word. She was certainly not at peace. Not after all that blood.

Hours passed without a hitch. There was a close call with a bird getting a little too curious, but Skylie handled it. All across the ocean, she wondered again if she should have stayed with the others. Going on alone, when she had barely any fighting capabilities? Smart. And yet, she had to prove that she wasn’t going to fall apart just because of some stupid vision.

I am not weak I am not weak I am not weak

Times like this reminded her of Zephyrus. Where the hell was he? You’d think the freaking god of the west freaking wind would be easy to find, but noooooo. Sometimes she felt like a crazy ex-girlfriend, but considering what had happened to Hermes, wasn’t she justified in her worries?

Oh, look. Rome.

That had been easier than expected. Of course, Skylie had to land close to where the others would probably land though of course her horrible listening skills weren’t going to help here, but she had to make sure that no mortal saw her.

She did eventually find the airstrip, though for a moment, she was pretty sure she’d gotten in wrong. Finding an area devoid of attention, Skylie set foot on the ground and got rid of the wings. It was hard to ignore the staff and ewer (what is with that word?? Seriously!!) in her bag, but oh, well.

The agents waiting there, no doubt for the others’ plane, stared at her, wide-eyed. Too bad she didn’t know any Italian. “I’m a special snowflake. I usually get places first.” Well, actually, Khione was the special snowflake, but anyway.

Now… It was time to wait.

“Anyone wanna play a card game?”

(Mention: Blu Blu and technically everyone else )

Code by apolla apolla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back