• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hatsu Black
Imported Booty
Tags: BillieRoss BillieRoss Out Of Words Out Of Words

The chittering ended when Hatsu followed Bug out of the closet. As expected, Bug was excited when Hatsu showed him the map. It was enough of a distraction to get Bug away from where Bill was as he quickly cleared off a counter and unfolded the map. It was clear that Bug was a bit disappointed by the simple nature of the map. It wasn't like the typical colorfully drawn maps that showed a hawkeyes view of where to go. As Bug explained, it was a list of degrees and how far to go in those directions. The real question was, where did it start?

The shark image felt like it was something that was a part of Marasong, but Hatsu wasn't sure what. He wanted to assume that the shark was a clue to the starting place being the Imported Booty. But it could also be a symbol to the beach or event he pud. Hell, it could be a reference to something that wasn't a thing anymore. Either way, Bug didn't seem like he had any ideas to where the starting place was or he didn't feel like sharing that information. It was when Bug offered to buy it when he concluded that Bug probably didn't have anything to do with the map.

"Right, thanks." As he took the map back and stuffed it into his pocket. He wasn't sure if Bill was ready or not. He assumed that she'd come get him when she was done but he was starting to run out of conversation material. "I guess the main part would be just to figure out where to start. You have any guess map expert?"

Indy

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words KodakWolf KodakWolf (Boy)

Her nose was nearly in the water before she felt a soft shock crawl down her spine. Instinctively, she lurched back just as a wet slap hit the cave floor behind her. A hiss sliced past her tongue as she scrambled back another few steps, eyes wide as she watched the green slimy kelp retract back into the pool of water. Was that why the dog had been freaking out? Had he been trying to warn her? She made to turn back, to affirm that they had seen what she had just seen, when she heard it.

A voice. A familiar one, just as hauntingly nostalgic as the song that had haunted her since the coven. Sunshine? Is that you?

Her paws stayed frozen to the cool stone floor. Images of memories long since lost fluttered to the front of her mind, still too blurry to specifically place. She was getting so, so incredibly tired of memories she couldn't quite grasp but these memories, like those before, dug their fingers into her mind. She couldn't escape them, couldn't turn her thoughts elsewhere as a phantom face and kind eyes muted the rest of the world.

One shaky paw lifted hesitantly, fell back down, then lifted again as her nose twitched. She knew that voice. She knew that face--how do I know you?!

coded by: @s e v e n

Riley Adler/Boy

The dog froze when the strand of kelp hit the water right beside the cat, but his grip on Augie's clothes was still strong. An instant later, his attempt at getting Augie to back off became even fiercer.

How stupid could a cat be to still be standing there after what just happened? Did it not feel the ominous, dreadful energy emanating off the water? Or how the waves seemed to grow more and more restless by the second?

He didn't care that much about the strange cat, truth be told. Perhaps it wasn't even a cat. But Augie seemed to care, still struggling to get loose from his jaws clenched tightly around his clothes. But the dog was growing tired, even with the extra strength he had.

The fact was, four legs were faster than two. And in a split second, he made up his mind, letting go of Augie and sprinting forward as fast as he could to snag the cat and get it away from the water before it was too late, hoping they'd all make it.

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags; Out Of Words Out Of Words Mentions: Rhyme Rhyme Location: The western woods

Wings fluttered violently in her chest, battering against the structure of her ribcage and the mental fortitude she’d built up all her life. How easily the crowd in the docks cut through her, cleanly scoring across the meticulously put together persona she’d maintained and tossed it aside with such ease it was throwing her with genuine shock. Pain. I hate it. Rhevens could only stare at her backside as she stalked ahead of him, using only her sharpened senses to ensure he was following while she kept her swift gait even when they’d safely tucked into the forest west of the docks.

The shops, which would’ve normally had her at least flitting her eyes up to their warm, amber light were instead spreading shadows across her expression as she held her breath around anyone they passed. Her heart audibly leapt at the sight of the woods. The air thickened with the scent of rich loam, the underfoot she’d bored holes into faltered from their eroded cobblestone to the crunching of dead leaves and giving her permission to finally exhale a shaky breath. Silver hadn’t realized how quickly they’d left, finally taking a moment to stop and collect herself.

She gathered a patch of sun in her right hand, listening to the quiet whispering of the wind between the canopies and allowing herself to pause. It was familiar, similar to the one that the group had trekked through earlier with the waterfall. Her dark gaze flashed gold as she fixed her attention on Rhevens, looking at him almost as if she’d never seen him before in her life. If he stared at her too long, her form would waver to that of a wolf. It’s eyes crackled with an unwavering expression, readied as if expecting him to do something more than reassure that she was alright.

“I don’t know. I don’t understand this place.” When she finally looked away from him, it was because she’d caught his scent. He and the earth were one in the same, wreathed with the stench of humanity yet still maintaining some sort of familiarity that gave some part of her the reassurance that she could explain herself to him. “There are so many obvious things happening and people are avoiding the topic with practiced ease. What exactly stops you from saying aloud what you truly are? What’s the problem?” She growled curtly towards the end, remembering that he wasn’t the Rhevens she’d first come to know. Flickers of a black wolf came to mind, the struggle inside an endless tunnel only to end up in the care of a Minotaur. “I have to shift, I hate this. I hate being a person. I hate not being able to just go and find Indy.” There were so many emotions involved with being human—a reality she hadn’t come to terms with all her life because she’d never been able to experience anything but what it felt like to be a beast trapped in a human shell.

Last edited:
IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
One-Eyed Willy's map?

Bug was still focused on the map and all the questions Hatsu had. "Well, oh oh!" He just had a thought, one he pointed out by holding up an index finger and tilting his head to one side. "You know...." He gestured in the direction of Hatsu's pocket where the map now resided. "It could also mean steps, instead of feet or meters or whatever. Classic mappage used steps, which was more or less closer to feet measurement wise. However, if the person who hid the treasure had big feet, or small feet, you could be off a couple of steps."

As for where to start, Bug gave a grin. "I can't solve it completely for you. I'd say look for either something with a shark picture, or the word shark, and go from there." He settled on a stool he had behind the counter, eyes starting to drift toward Bill who was still lingering around the tourist trinkets and baubles. However, Bug's gaze returned swiftly to Hatsu with another idea.

"If you know who made the map, they're likely someone who lives or lived in Marasong. You might find someone who knows them at the town hall. That might give you some leads, too." Bug beamed with how smart he was at times.

OOC Information

Hatsu silverwhere silverwhere : All the clues are in your hands now, with a couple of options to possibly find even more.

Bill BillieRoss BillieRoss : Bug has likely noticed you have a few trinkets held in your hands, even with Hatsu's great job of keeping him distracted.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Sunny Days

The voice was quick to respond, and the dark horned thing seemed to be closer in the water. The voice not something audible, or meant for others' ears, but a vibration, a strange reverb in the ways the water lapped at the shoreline.

I remember you. It's been a while. Good to see you've come home, Sunshine.

Then the feline was snatched up again, in the slobbering jaws of a canine. Augie needed a moment to realize he had been let go, and by the time he started to move, Boy had already grabbed the cat and darted back into the confines of their cavern home.

Augie stared hard at the water, but the form retreated rather than advance in pursuit. Once he was certain the figure wasn't coming after the cat, or any of them, Augie turned to look at the pair deeper in the cave. A hand ran through his hair as he let out a ragged breath, a huff of annoyance. Breakfast certainly wasn't turning out the way he expected.

"Well.. fuck. Uh.. let's just.. eat." And he cracked open the tuna container, doing his best to hide the small tremble in his hands.

OOC Information

Riley KodakWolf KodakWolf : You're pretty sure you felt a tendril of kelp brush against your tail in your retreat. It felt like it gave a small tug, but didn't hold on, almost like a game of tag.

Indy Rhyme Rhyme : Shortly after your rescue there's another sharp wave that hits the shore, and with it, one last 'whisper'.

We'll catch up soon.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Wood-n't You Like To Know?

Rhevens sensed the need for a bit of space, so once Silver had drawn to a stop, he stood a couple feet away. He watched her, though he had to drop his gaze now and then when she stared back at him. Then she threw a good bit of words his way, making Rhevens wince with empathy. When he spoke, his voice was quiet, like one afraid the breeze would carry them to ears not meant to hear.

"Yeah, I.. understand. Uh.. We just.. it's the place."

Rhevens moved to a nearby tree, one hand laid against the rough bark as he tilted his head up and regarded the leaves above. His hand patted the trunk lightly, like patting someone's back in reassurance. "It's the place. Something that... ensures peace between... kinds I guess?" Rhevens moved to lean a shoulder against the tree, hands slipping into the pockets of his pants. And there was a small shrug.

"Can't explain it. But.. it's been like that long before we got here, I bet. Eh-heh." There was the easy going smile, colored with a hint of confused discomfort. "I uh.. can show you some place where you can... yanno. Change and be safe. If you want."

OOC Information

Silver Silver- Silver- : Even in the solace of the wood sentinels, it feels too open. Too easy for wayward eyes to see things they shouldn't, and it twists the gut if you dwell on it too long.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

Leif Hjalkarssen

Levi seemed to be done talking about whatever the thing was, and Leif decided not to push it further. He'd already garnered a decent amount of information, plus directions on where to go next. And good news: apparently, Chase was just in the wrong place, in the wrong time. Had to be good news, right?

When Levi told him to go look at the box, he started heading to the other room, but stopped when Levi kept on talking and mention his errands. Thankfully, the man didn't take much of a break before he spoke again, not giving Leif time to say anything. Because even keeping all the current circumstances in mind, hearing those words still hurt. Did Levi really think he could be a threat to Chase? He certainly wasn't worried about Leif stealing his TV.

"Of course." He gave only a brief nod before heading into the other room, switching his focus back to the boxes for the time being. And it wasn't long before the contents in the box had every single bit of his attention. Because of course, the most important box had to be the very last one he checked.

"Levi..." he called out, almost forgetting their previous interaction as a wave of excitement or apprehension, he didn't really know, washed over him. "... you might wanna see this." He did make sure to snap a picture of the drawings and the coin, both sides, before Levi made his way there. Just in case he reacted in some unexpected way.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Ancient Misgivings

Levi audibly groaned, but the creak of the sofa indicated he was getting up to see what Leif wanted to show him. He stood in the doorway, leaned against one side, as Leif did the little show and tell, only not so much on the tell. No, the items told plenty all on their own according to his reaction.

His expression twisted up, his forehead grew creases, and it was a toss up if Levi was suddenly enraged, or scared. "The fuck? G'damn wolf boy, stickin' in his snout where it ain't ta be sticked!" One hand hit the doorframe, but with a surprising amount of force for his small figure. Like, crack the wood kind of force, before he turned and headed back into the living room grumbling incoherently.

Not a minute later, he was back, and gesturing strongly to the box, and then the front door. "Take it and git. Is ain't wantin' that 'ere no more. River can help yous save 'im, and then y'all should get the fuck outta town. The farther th' better."

OOC Information

Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf : Levi's definitely more on the angered side when he comes back and instructs you to take the box and go. Fists clenched off and on by his sides, but there's a real fear deep in the green eyes.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
With: Jay, Aódh;
Interactions: Larry Larry @xAlter Only mentions: N/A;
Art by leevolt on DeviantArt
Mood: SUSTENANCE;

Once the long-winded harangue had concluded, Bernard had found himself in an awkward position. In a calculated move and a measure to eliminate the uneasiness, his back was shown to the others as he examined Jay's lodgings. An echo of his own abode back in Denmark floated about in his head. Homely like Jay's house. The exceptions are the stacked shelves and the living room. The former holds various trophies, books, or other such paraphernalia. The latter quite clearly made for sociability in mind, giving contrast to the adjacent rooms being plain. Though unlike Bernard's cerebral plotting of his facilities, Jay likely appreciated the simple things of life. Or he is poor.

Either possibility is likely, Bernard thought as he rubbed his chin with his pointer and thumb. The smell of alcohol tickled the Dane's nostrils when he turned to look at Jay enjoying the stabilising effects of a few swigs of ardent spirits. Thus the true identity of the fox had been revealed. This gumiho which Jay explained is the peninsula's equivalent of a fox spirit. Analogous to the similar kitsune of Japanese origin. Utterly fascinating, Bernard thought. Though Bernard had devoted his supernatural research to European roots, he did not forget about the Asian mythos. Not as in-depth as European folkloric creatures, but enough to know a few tidbits. "Hrmh, then my initial assumption of you is correct. Shay-man. My second projection was for you to be a druid."

Bernard snuck his hands behind him and clasped his wrist. Jay's question had helped stave off the impending hunger for precious few seconds. If there is one thing that Bernard loves to do, then it is to explain. His body manoeuvred to face Jay as if preparing to give a lecture. "Calculating for the amount of energy present, energy lost during transportation from system A to B, remembering the low reserves... I'd say I require 27 per cent to 32 per cent. That is of a human in rest/idle. This isn't enough to kill anyone, mind you. Though if my feeding spree continues past four minutes then at best, you will suffer a bout of unconsciousness or at worst... Death." Despite the professor's ominous words, he remained calm and poker-faced.

Then Aódh interjected with impetus and revealed what he is as well. "Ah, a lycanthrope... My shock is so overwhelming." The acerbity of his words could not be missed by a blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient. "Choices? Do not presume my stance, werewolf. If I had it my way, I would not even need to feed. Tell me," He raises his hand as if passing a ball to Aódh from an underhanded position. "many historical and speculative works point to werewolves being perceived as two types. You have Camp One, the lycanthrope can freely transform and or is limited by environmental factors, such as the moon." With the raised hand, he pointed up to the ceiling. "But retains much of his human intellect. Camp Two is a ravenous beast who is by and large driven by pure instinct. The transformative requirements can be the same between the two camps. Seeing your fanged grin tells me you do exert control and you do not fear yourself when adopting a canine form. So then it stands to reason that you are in camp one." Bernard rolled his sleeves up, exposing his forearms. "If I were to parse myself into these categories then I would be in both, depending on the stage of my hunger. I've heard similar things of werewolves, some being able to control themselves at times while other times, they cannot even fathom the concept. A third camp, if you will." A growing sense of irritation began to well in Bernard's eyes, even he had his limits when it comes to these sorts of ordeals and his limit is undeniably reached. "But enough of these speeches." The abrupt conclusion to Bernard's speaking followed an anticipating grin. He circled behind the Irishman. "Don't worry, I've been told that this does not hurt at all." Decidedly different tone to his voice than before, a sinistrous shadow hanged over the remark.

The left hand grasped the Irishman's left shoulder, while the right clasped like a claw around his neck. The basal of Aódh's neck lit up with the radiance of a Christmas tree as the electricity quite literally siphoned off of his spinal cord and branching nerves. A low hum could be heard as the electricity surged. What Bernard said to Aódh had been a lie. Though not a grievous one. It carried a unique sense of pain or so Bernard had been told. It started off as if someone laid a piece of hot metal on their skin then diminished to a thousand, irritating pricks. Quite a testament to Bernard's control. Though if the initial jolt was that of hot metal, imagine the pain if Bernard had not been able to diminish such pain? Maybe if they waited for another three to 5 minutes.

But after two minutes of feeding, Bernard peeled his hand away from the Irishman's neck. And walked off, noticeably a bit further from the man. "And there! OH, this energy is quite exhilarating. Nothing like the electrical taste of a human." Balled and flexed his fingers. "But as satisfactory as this is, I recognise the cost and willingness to aid me." He turned around to face the loup-garou. "My sincerest thanks. A rampage through Marasong would not only be staggeringly detrimental. It would have also put lives at risk." Next to direct his gaze had been Jay. The Dane huffed before speaking. "I also like to extend my apologies, I become quite abrasive when hungry."

"Now then, let us return to the real topic. The Mystery of Marasong." Ripping off the bandages and tuffs of cotton off his face.

Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Mood: Irritated.
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | @xAlter
Mentions: n/A.
Aódh, his anticipation high, did nothing more than eye the physicist as he began to speak at length after the admission of lycanthropy had been loosed. Bernard's words were doused with bitterness, criticising the youth for his presumption of choice on his behalf, stating that if he had his way, he wouldn't engage in this type of action at all. Then, as it seems to be his character to do so, the Dane began to lecture on the various theories, myths and folklore surrounding werewolves the world over, and how, depending on the particular story, they bifurcated into two types: one which exhibited control and one which did not. The exhibition that had Aódh given so far, with his bright-blue eyes and a mouth full of fangs, gave Bernard more than enough evidence to safely put him into the first camp. Subsequently, so as to classify himself within the system that he made known to Aódh and Jay, the professor placed himself between the two camps, almost Venn-diagram like, depending on the degree of hunger that he had let himself slip into. It seems, even in real life, these buckos are no better off than they are in the films, Aódh thought sourly, aiming to counteract the sense of unease that wound itself around him. But, almost as soon as the thought had finished being conceived, Bernard, growing tired of the talking, flourished a smile that caused the Irishman to break out in a cold sweat.

Walking slowly over to where Aódh stood, teasingly so, he circled the youth, and relayed to him that the extraction of bio-electricity wouldn't be too sore. Seeing as how the Dane had sprung this consequence-heavy situation on them in the first place, with little recourse other than to accede to his demands, for fear of other people being harmed, the faoladh didn't seem too inclined to trust his words. All of a sudden, without warning, Bernard clasped Aódh's left shoulder with his left hand, the force being exerted exemplative of the former's vampiric strength. Following after this, the youth found his throat held tight in the physicist's grasp, and it was following this, that the young man felt the sensation of the vampire's ability taking place. Had it not been for an awareness that his non-compliance in this moment would engender innocent people bearing the cost of Bernard's hunger, Aódh would have found himself wolf-shaped the instant the Dane grabbed his neck. As it so happened, the sound of that imagined scenario made way for the almost-latent hum of the electricity being absorbed by the vampire. Accompanying that was the most peculiar, yet nonetheless, painful experience that had Aódh suffered in his life up to that point, aside from the werewolf attack, that is. The professor's fingers, as they held his throat, felt like an iron being applied to his skin, only, as the time passed, the sheerness of the burning subsiding to what felt like a thousand needles pricking his skin.

As the procedure continued, the werewolf, at several points, felt it more appropriate, somewhere in his currently pain-addled mind, to rid the whole town of this powder-keg. For himself, as opposed to the greater mass of werewolves, the connection between conceptualising a transformation and initiating it was nearly a corollary. If one were paying attention, they would notice that the length of Aódh's finger nails would wax and wane in length over the two-minute period, owing to the fluctuation in control he felt throughout that time. And indeed, there were many times were he thought that he had already assumed that wolfish bulk, and all that remained was to dispatch this current-sucker.

Finally, after what seemed a protracted length of time, Bernard, seemingly having had his fill of the young man's energy, released his hold on the latter, and walked away from him, to a spot further back then he had stood before. Aódh, glad that the ordeal had passed, tentatively raised his hand to the affected area, only for it to recoil in pain. Even though his healing factor was already at work, the pain was pronounced enough that Aódh just kept quiet for the next while, so the anger that would have been present in his speech was replaced by a heaviness in the glare that he landed on the Dane. Bernard, having finished praising the energy so obtained, also apologised to Jay for the rudeness he exhibited earlier for outing the Marasong resident as a shaman, of all things. Then, with that fraught episode now passed, the professor looked set to expound on the mystery that had begun in his mind as nothing other than a report of odd phenomena by a friend.

Aódh gazed expectantly at him, his furious eyes slowly, but surely, dimming to their normal, softer shade of blue.

Last edited:
Indy

I remember you. It's been a while. Good to see you've come home, Sunshine.

The words rumbled from the stone floor up through her paws and down her spine; it took her a moment to realize there was no true voice, only a sensation that turned to words within her mind.

How do I know you? She crept closer. There was no way to know whether it could read her thoughts or understand her small chirps as she tried to respond, but she had to try. Who are you?

She was so close, the face of the creature lurking beneath the water just barely muddled by ripples. If she could have just leaned forward one more inch--

Before Indy had time to react she was ripped away again by the dog's slimy jaws. Indy howled in offense as the dog once again mistook her as a chew toy and took off running while Augie was left in the dust. She wiggled in his grasp, trying to reach his wet snout with her claws. Let me go you goddamn beast! What the hell is your problem?!

She had nearly fully twisted in the dog's mouth when she spotted Augie standing over the pool, one hand clenched in his hair as his features pinched together in obvious stress. Strange, for someone she had pinned as a go-lucky hippy.

Something told her Augie may know something about her friend in the water; she added that to the list of things to discuss with Silver and Roje when they regrouped.

In the meantime, however--there was something more pertinent to deal with. With another indignant hiss, Indy gave one final attempt to jerk free of the dog's grasp. Go eat your real food, you beast. Look, you pissed off your dad.

Bill
With: silverwhere silverwhere , Out Of Words Out Of Words [Bug]

Bill scowled out the window in the direction of Tucker. She'd had minimal dealings with him so far, and was hoping to keep it that way. At least for the forseeable future.

She looked back down at the things in her hand, wondering what to do. Stealing them was probably more trouble than they were worth. Ostensibly, they were little rocks and shitty pendants from enormous barrels. She hardly thought it was going to be a strain on her expenses.

She went over to the counter, doing her best to look nonchalant. “If you two are done, I’d like to buy these,” she said, putting the rocks on the counter. “Are they from around here, or are they uh…” she gestured vaguely. “Recovered treasure? From…y’know. Sunken ships. Ahoy.”

She kept the pendant in her pocket. She figured she could feign forgetfulness and pay for it after if she decided Bug had no clue what it was he had. She still wasn’t a hundred percent sure what it was she had. Better safe than sorry, though. And if he did have a problem with her buying all this, well. Then she wouldn't be leaving empty handed.

It was a brilliant plan. Flawless, really.

She glanced at Hatsu. “You get what you wanted?”

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Time is Relative

The mutual enjoyment and exploration of each other seemed to ignore the trappings of time. Sometimes it felt like only seconds had passed, other times, what felt like hours were only minutes. Time wasn't an acknowledged entity in the rocking houseboat just off the shore. Dusk didn't leave anything out, every inch of Roje was given its fair share of attention. The place was filled with rumbles, growls, and whispered words under the blankets when they finally made it to the bed.

Despite not needing to sleep, the urge to 'just rest the eyes' after the intense and very intimate late morning exercises would be too strong to resist. Even if the intention was just for a couple or minutes, let the body cool down, or savor the aftermath in an attempt to make the moment last just a little bit longer. The boat rocked as gently as a baby's swing with the motion of the waves. The sound of the water against the sides of the houseboat became so rhythmic, it could easily entice anyone's mind into a semi-trance like state.

No one would have faulted Roje for resting her eyes, save maybe Roje herself. Hindsight is twenty twenty they say, full of should've, would've, could've.

OOC Information

Roje @Britt-21 : When you open your eyes and start stirring, you still hear the lapping of the water against the sides of the boat. It seems unusually loud. And it's darker than you expected. Maybe it's blackout curtains, but they work really well. Too bad they don't block out or muffle the sound. Why are the waves so loud? You can barely hear anything else, including your own voice.

You can feel around in the darkness, but instead of bed sheets, you feel cold, wet stone. A little more fumbling around, and you feel what you recognize as Dusk's body laying on the rock only a couple of feet away. He's warm, breathing, but not responding, even if shaken.

After a couple of minutes of darkness, your eyes adjust but it's no better. Instead of pitch black, you see a curtain of deep green, waving slightly now and then in tune with the waves. You're left unable to see anything more, or hear anything, even if you were to scream. Your chest vibrates with the attempt, but all you can hear is the water.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Time Keeps On Skipping, Skipping, Skipping, Into The Future

There's the chittering again. which makes sense, as Hatsu and Bill are back at Bill's house. In the same room as that permanent new fixture on the floor, where the chittering and skittering plays out every couple of minutes inside the sealed box. A small wave of dizziness accompanies the realization, and for a good minute or two, it feels absolutely surreal, like some dream sequence.

It's powerful enough to cause a stumble, making it better to sit down, or at least reach out and hold onto something nearby. It passes after another minute. Strangely, the sound of the beetles in the box help serve as a grounding mechanism. A sharp meow and hiss cements the cat's presence on the bed, looking mightily displeased at something.

The sun is lower in the sky than you remember, and a glance at the time reveals it to now be late afternoon, three o'clock to be exact. Hatsu's gripping the map in one hand, and holding a town pamphlet in the other. Bill's purchases are strewn across the top of the bed, with the cat sitting far away from all of them.

OOC Information

Hatsu silverwhere silverwhere : You remember holding patting the pocket with the rolled up map in response to Bill's question. A moment later, a sharp headache made you close your eyes and rub at your temple. When you opened your eyes again, you were back in Bill's house.

Bill BillieRoss BillieRoss : You vaguely recall Bug bagging up the items you selected, while explaining the sea glass was often washed ashore and then refined into the trinkets he sold. He didn't make them himself, but other locals crafted them and he paid them a small commission when they sold. There's a very powerful, but brief ripple of magic, the likes of which you've not encountered before, but it's gone before you can start to analyze it.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Leif's arms feel heavy, as if the vampire's been holding the box from Chase's closet for hours. A sudden wave of dizziness causes a stumble or two, and the box nearly tumbled out of Leif's grip before he could steady himself against a nearby tree. Yes, a tree, the vampire now stood thick in the middle of a forest.

The leaf canopy helped block the sunlight, which was lower in the sky than before. There wasn't anyone else around currently, but the birds chirped, and the wind rustled the leaves. It took a minute or two for the surrealism to fade away, and by then Leif could hear another sound. Leaves crunched beneath someone's shoes, and the sound was growing closer.

The movement came from the left, a man with hands in the pockets of a hoodie, matching the photograph Levi had shown. His head was down, gaze on the ground, until the man picked up on Leif's presence. Then he stopped short and looked up, obvious surprise in his expression.

"Oh, uh.. Hi?" Surprise turned to confusion as he took in the box the man held in the middle of the woods. "Uhhh... do you need help?"

OOC Information

Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf : Last thing you recall is picking up the box and asking Levi if you can stop by later. There's a strange warping in your memory as Levi agreed, and a very fast forward, blurred to hell and back, of the travel between Levi's house, and the woods you now stand in.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Remember The Time

There's a rumble and a soft 'woof' sound off to the right as Silver is forced to reorient herself. What was once human, is wolf once more, the white fur replacing skin and fabric. And Silver isn't alone. A black wolf is stretched out along the dirt several feet away, bushy tail thudding softly.

A sense of dizziness sweeps briefly over Silver, but four legs are better than two to keep one steady. They're in a cave, one of nature's doing, with rock and stone making for the walls and ceiling, and a well worn dirt floor underneath. It's spacious, and still smelled of the woods and the earth. It's just the two of them, with the cave opening showing the light of the day outside.

It feels later though it's impossible to tell the position of the sun in the sky from inside the den. The black wolf tilted its head, somewhat quizzically as it watched Silver. Tail slowed, and through body language, Rhevens seemed to be checking if Silver was okay.

OOC Information

Silver Silver- Silver- : Last you remember is following Rhevens deeper into the woods, and farther away from the town. A flash of a cave, and two wolves, one black and one white. Everything feels slightly off kilter, but your danger sense isn't going off.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Time After Time

The cave is quiet, save for the snoring of Augie. He's stretched out on one side of the bed of blankets, a hand across his chest, and his other arm tucked under his head. The bag with the food containers are neatly packed to take out to the trash, and rests just inside the cave, out of the elements.

The sun is lower in the sky, and it just feels later. Boy and Indy both would feel a sharp, but brief, wave of dizziness. During the wave, everything appears blurred, warped, as if time itself stretched impossibly thin and snapped back in place. Yet, Augie slept through it.

It almost feels like the bulk of the day's been wasted, perhaps a food coma, combined with the excitement of the dog playing fetch with the cat. However, the sensation fades moments after the dizziness faded. It's enough to make someone question the reality of what they felt, question if they're going crazy.

OOC Information

Riley KodakWolf KodakWolf : You remember eating, but it feels like you're getting hungry again. Did you nap after eating? The brain fog is real. The moment you realize you can't fully recall what transpired after eating the late breakfast, the darkness chuckles quietly in the back of your mind. And good golly, miss Molly, the brief, but intense ripple of magic nearly throws you to the ground before dissipating fully.

Indy Rhyme Rhyme : Your belly is satisfied, but growing slightly hungry again. Did you nap after eating the tuna? There's a faint song playing in the back of your mind, the voice matching the one of the waves, but it takes you a couple of minutes before you register the song and recognize the tune.

You are my Sunshine

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
Mood: On the task at hand;

The energetic rush from siphoning the werewolf's electricity began to grind to a halt. From the apex of euphoria to the acetous reality, they faced together. Though the high passed, his eyes definitely held their sense of readiness. The difference in his orbs was night and day from moments before, where his eyes were craven and recessed. Pulling up a seat at the nearest table, the Dane offered them a chair. As if this is his home. The professor did not miss Aódh searing a hole through his skull for the briefest of moments.Yes, that would be the expected reaction, Greve thought, obviously apologetic in his mind. Still, he maintained eye contact before speaking up. "As for the matters in the present, it is abundantly clear that Marasong is in the vice of mystical forces. And these powers do not only surround Marasong but beckon others towards it. Others such as, Raising a hand towards the big fuzzy elephant in the room and towards the spiritualist. "And me, of course. A collection of movie monsters from the thirties, hehe." Drawing attention to the absurd line-up which Bernard personally found humorous. "Then is it not also possible for another creature of myth to exist on this land? And not just myth, but one representing humanity's great desire? The obstruction of Death. I am, of course, referring to the immortal I alluded to earlier." A finger gently sprang up and down as steel hardened words floated about them. "This had been the catalyst and part of the allure which brought me to this lovely community" He had been curt with the word lovely, elements of disdain perhaps? "From what little evidence I could gather and a convenient letter from my colleague set me on the trail of this elusive forever man. His name is none other than Kai Tangaroa, the owner of the newly rebuilt pub."

The tapping stopped. At this point, one or both of them would consider him a madman for accusing a town's resident of being out of the ordinary. "The only evidence that is unquestionably available to me is twofold. An article clipping dated to around 1790s, surprisingly before British colonisation of the land. This article contained a photograph, incredibly grainy but just comprehensible enough to discern a certain man. A man that looks incredibly like Mr Tangaroa." Leaning back in his seat, Bernard continued speaking albeit notably grumpy. "I freely admit, I am no geneticist. But even I know striking resemblances can only go so far." Segwaying elegantly into his next point. "I met him in person last night, which only heightened my suspicion upon examination of his features. His reactions may have sealed the deal as I was confronted with the same yet different adherence to privacy when we spoke on the docks." His eyes lingered momentarily on Jay before blinking between the two men again. "Another fault of mine is the timing of the palaver was not ideal as it gave him an alibi for his emotions."

His mental faculties slowed when it came to the rhythm that overtook his mind temporarily. "That incessant tune also did not help matters, quite a nuisance. I do happen to know about some aspects of acoustics and that, my friends, did not behave like an ordinary wave."

Indy

Full of tuna and fury, Indy had just finished her dinner by the time Augie and the dog had finally seemed to settle down. Roje and Silver were most likely looking for her, she should head back--but something made her pause. A crashing wave of dizziness sent static over her vision and muted the sound in her ears; were she human, she would have tried to find a cool bathroom floor to curl upon. But, she was a cat and she was almost entirely sure she wasn't high, so she tried to keep herself steady as the wave passed and the static in her vision eased back.

How long had it actually been since she had eaten?.. The dog had grabbed her, there was something in the water...but after, everything seemed to flip together in a structureless blur. Another series of memories lost, added to the growing pile of moments stolen from her life. Yet, they weren't completely lost--they were strung together by one small strand of sound that wove between them, haunting her as the days and seconds slipped by.

The same melody that she had followed from one timeline to the next, another song that now played on the cusps of soft waves and along the ridges of her spine, crawling into her mind. The song of home. Of warm blankets, of hot cups of tea, of her mother's voice--the comforting vibration against her cheek as her mother held her against her chest while she hummed.

Indy's ears had flattened against her head but she hadn't noticed. Her eyes were trained on the water, her mind filled with the soft melody as memories began to overlap with what was left of reality. Slowly, she crept closer again to the water--waiting to see whether the song grew louder.

Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Mood: Quite surprised.
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | @xAlter
Mentions: n/A.
Bernard, having been succoured by the extraction of the youth's bio-electricity, offered them a chair at Jay's table to sit down on. Aódh, his tacit irateness stilled, took up the offer as did Jay, Yun in tow, and awaited the professor's explanation about Marasong's true nature. He began with, as was quite apparent to all those at the table, that the town, by some unknown means, was bound up with the supernatural; and, for another not entirely known reason, it possessed the capacity to attract supernaturals, those at the table being a prime example of that phenomenon at work. Having mentioned it earlier at the docks, Bernard then went on to explain how even an immortal could find themselves reeled in by Marasong's net, so Aódh thought, with the name of Kai Tangaroa being ascribed to this person. He then went on to list the information substantiating his assertion, namely the existence of an article from the late 18th century, affixed with a picture that may, or may not, have been from the same newspaper, and that it corresponds nicely onto the visage of Mr. Tangaroa. Without looking at the two of them side-by-side, Aódh might have been disinclined to believe what Bernard had been saying; such a stretch of time, and, depending on the artist, with the possible quality of the piece itself being affected, it might be a stretch to correlate. Even the Dane admitted his own lack of expertise on the matter, which only served to tilt the youth into a more doubtful position. Then, as almost to assail that mindset, the physicist spoke of the encounter he had with Kai the night before, and that his reactions, more or less, betrayed his real identity, or as Bernard had it so relayed.

"So, assuming this lad is an immortal, and setting aside the fact that he throws our notions of biology out of the window, moreso than we already have," the Irishman began, inquisitiveness hopping off his tongue, "What do you intend to do with him? Interrogate him about Marasong? Study him? Now that I know what you are and vice versa, I can imagine you wouldn't want to draw more attention to this place than is necessary."

He paused for a moment, weighting his thoughts.

"What do you intend to do Bernard?"

Last edited:
r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
Mood: Still here;

Hitherto in life, Bernard had few challenges that his mind could not overcome. The physical proved no mystery, the abstract no worry. At the same time, this probing that the Irishman rightfully realised had called into question Bernard's intentionality. Why did this physics professor shuttle himself into a potential chasm of neverending mystery? One so bleak, dark, and deep that it threatened to tunnel directly into the bowels of Hell. A man who lived with a nice salary, who enjoyed the material trappings of life? The average would sooner recluse into monotonality than even fathom the thought of breaking out of their comforts. No, they would fathom it but only seep in the confines of their imagination. Plainly clear, Bernard's reasons were not because of boredom or a tiresome infatuation with adventure, hoping to partake in now what his childhood lacked. Then is it perhaps a malicious, predatorial drive? Some unsequestered psychological effect of his transformation into the supernatural? This prospect steeped into uncomfortable territory for Bernard, if it had been true then Bernard is more slave to his instincts than he previously believed. Unfortunately, there is no prima facie. No fabled gotcha ya moment. No damning proof that this is the case. But it lingered in his mind as he continued on with his mental dialectic. Finally, Bernard settled on the true impetus for his decisions. This is not limited to Marasong. Not limited to New Zealand, but concerning the entire world. From Alaska to Uelen. A rejuvenating breath filled his lungs to the brim, then exhaled. He locked eyes with the Irishman, filled with conviction.

"All of the above, my good lad. Study, Assess, and Manage if need be. Though as of now, the first two are likelier than the third. He has conducted himself accordingly and my cursory review of his personality did not indicate any potential outlet for harm." A particular emphasis was placed on manage. He did not exactly define in what way will he be managing such a creature but did leave room for his table-sided peers to speculate. "Once my affairs here are concluded, I shall return to the heartlands and rest for an eviota's lifespan, before beginning preparations for another excursion."

Hatsu Black
- he/him -
Bill's House - Afternoon?
Tags: BillieRoss BillieRoss Out Of Words Out Of Words

His head rung and it felt like the room was spun. The borderline migraine started after he had finished talking to Bug and Bill made her way to the counter with an assortment of trinkets. Hatsu had stopped paying attention to the two, he opted to close his eyes and rub his temple. Maybe this was the result of talking to Bug?

“You get what you wanted?”

The voice cut through the headache and he opened his eyes when he heard that chitter again. When Hatsu had opened his eyes, he wasn't met with pirate decorations, instead, he was surrounded by the four walls of Bill's room and a chittering box in the center. He was dizzy by the sudden change and took a few steps back to lean against something. It was a couple of minutes before the spell passed and left room for him to comprehend his surroundings. The room was lit by the setting sun meaning that it was no longer morning. He didn't have any memory from this morning to the present where Bill's bed was decorated with her most recent finds. Her cat sat nearby those finds meowing out complaints. Hatsu looked at his two hands, one holding the map and the other with a town pamphlet.

"I- yeah?" Hatsu said before pulling out his phone to look at the time, "I'm not the only one missing time right? It's 3."

SILVER BLACKWOOD
Tags;
Out Of Words Out Of Words Location; A cave in the deep woods

The way Rhevens regarded the unspoken peace brought upon the silence of multiple parties did almost nothing to tame at the ever present gnawing at the back of her mind. They’re happier to roam the woods, skin hidden by fur than confront the reality they live in? When she realized that the situation paralleled that of her own, Silver sunk back into her heels and couldn’t look Rhevens in the eye. It wasn’t her responsibility nor was she some righteous individual to be casting shallow remarks at something she had little to no understanding of in the first place.

The she could sense the bit of empathy coming from him, the easy smile her eyes eventually raked up to looking at— she was as lost as she was before, with or without Rhevens being there to guide her one way or another. Her skin itched with an uneasy feeling, a glance over her shoulder offering her view of nothing but the forest thinning out into the beginning of the unpaved road they’d trekked to get here from town. They weren’t safe from prying eyes and ears so long as their presences remained visible through the shivering canopies.

The rush of wind that sifted through her coat caressed Silver in a momentary flicker of bliss. For a heartbeat, she shed her human shell and with it, the responsibilities she clung to in order to give herself some sense of security. It felt like she was floating. Her paws whisked past the peaty earth with practiced ease and her lungs didn’t dare burn with effort until they were safely enveloped by the arbors, traveling deeper into the forest until the mouth of a cave yawned into reality. The air here thickened with Rhevens’s wolf scent mixed with the natural musk of the earth, filling her lungs until her very vision gradually began to tilt upwards, lifting in a manner that had her taking a good sit inside the cave.

Her bad ear pinned tautly to her head as no amount of blinking or shaking out her fur would ease the dizziness. She strained to hear something with her good ear, eventually pricking them both when the spell had her mind filling with mundane thoughts. How long had they been running? She couldn’t remember with clarity when she’d actually shifted in front of Rhevens, or if she’d even caught him doing the same. Then there was the silence. It clung to the air as heavily as the shade of the cave that they’d settled into shot up through her paws and into her limbs, lancing through her with an unfamiliar coolness. She couldn’t tell what was causing the disquiet, but what she did know was that the quiet melody that had weaved its way into her thoughts had abruptly stopped altogether.

It didn’t seem like something that should be celebrated. Huffing softly, she stalked over to where the black wolf laid, pausing for a moment to stare down at him and assess the look he was giving her. She offered him a slow blink as if she were pondering the questions neither could breathe into the air before taking another sit beside him to direct her attention back to the world outside. The day had shifted along with the waves of uneasiness, she could no longer tell their duration here.

Jaws clamped around the black wolf’s ear as Silver took hold of it briefly, tugging as if to say that he shouldn’t worry about her before nosing the top of his head just in case she’d bitten him a little too hard.

Bill
With: silverwhere silverwhere

Bill sat down heavily on the bedspread, holding her aching head in her hands. She glanced down at the bedspread, at the…artefacts? Talismans? Whatever they were.

Mary certainly seemed to hate them.

She looked around. Back in her room. Back with the chittering beetles.

"I- yeah?" Hatsu said. Sounding confused. Sounding muzzy. “I’m not the only one missing time right? It's 3."

She took a deep breath and put her head between her knees, trying to get her head together. There’d been one strong wave, one sudden snap of magic, and suddenly they’d both lost eight hours. More, maybe.

“Christ,” she said, “No. Not just you. Magic…something. Something powerful. Something I've never seen. Fuck, Hatsu,” she said, looking up at him, “we need to work out what’s going on. Something up with Bug, maybe. Something up with that.” She pointed an accusatory finger at the box of beetles. “Something wrong with something. These are fucked too. Every inch of this town is fucked.”

She stood up and drew her wand. In the safety of her own room, and given the spell she was about to cast, she was relatively confident this would go well.

“Stand back,” she said, as a precaution. “Who knows what this’ll do.”

She pulled the candle out of her jacket pocket and lit it. It was the Sanskrit one, the only candle that had survived all the moved unburned. The one that was supposed to reveal things “as they truly were”, but the inscriptions were as unfamiliar to her as the dust and dirt Marasong was built on. She set the candle down on the window sill, and placed the bits of sea glass around it.

She glanced over her shoulder at Hatsu. Some poor Mundie who’d gotten caught up in this.

Well, in for a penny.

She turned back to the items and waved her wand in small, careful circles. At the last minute, she changed the incantation. “Seall dhuinn dè th’ annad.” Show us what you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back