• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Aódh's FC.png Aódh McFaol
Mood: Contemplating...
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | xAlter xAlter | Out Of Words Out Of Words
Mentions: n/A.
Aódh listened to Jay explain the nature of his lapsed time in college, beginning with his fondness for all things to do with uisce, all the way through his time at university, the conditions not being the most conducive to an enjoyable time in higher education. For someone who was contemplating the very notion of heading off to college, Aódh felt rightfully recompensed for asking the question in the first place. Whilst Jay's less-than-fruitful experience may serve as a warning on the perils of not integrating well within a higher education setting, all the youth had to do was turn aside to Bernard, to show the inverse of that situation. A successful professor, overseeing a variety of research projects, privately and publicly-funded, who in the midst of all his duties, had the agency (and seeming approval) to investigate reports of metrically odd, physical occurrences, all the way on the other side of the globe! He couldn't imagine a better instantiation of the potential benefits, or drawbacks, in choosing a course congruent with his interests and intelligence. Still, Jay seemed quite happy with how things played out in the aftermath of his withdrawal from the university in Korea, so that was something to consider also.

It was at that moment that the long-awaited breakfast, the contents of the plate forensically discerned by the werewolf, was plopped down in front of him by Miranda. Aódh, a smile his splitting his face open, soberly expressed his gratitude towards the waitress, suppressing the renascent hunger that would have importuned the young man with a less-than-civilised look when the food was set down. Jay had asked him in a question in lieu of the Irishman's own, but the query was heard but not answered, due to out the assault that the latter initiated against the food on the plate. THIS, is lovely, the youth thought to himself, so much so that his eating seemed to be guided by pure affect, devoid of any mentation at all. Perhaps it showed how famished he was, no matter how alleviating the atmosphere of the Loving Spoon seemed to be upon his entering. The plate wasn't placed in front of the youth a minute before he had it cleaned, almost squeakily so. Yet, almost as though their satedness was being measured crumb-by-crumb, Miranda, with eager promptitude, popped round to the trio, refilling their drinks, Aódh's being a hearty mug of tea.

In a wau, reminiscent of his grandmother, she seemed to be, ever so slightly, flittering about the three of them, or so Aódh reasoned.

"That's what I'm taking a break to find out, Jay," Aódh said, taking a break from eating to finally respond to the question posed to him, "I'm not too sure as to whether or not I'd be a good fit for college. I have a few different courses applied for, and I'll get a response as to whether I got in or not in a few months. So, my holiday to New Zealand, almost hermetically, was a means for me to try and answer the question. Though, since I've got to Marasong, everything but the future has been on my mind, unfortunately."

Turning aside once again, he took the mug and gave it one last swig.

"I'm thoroughly stuffed at this stage of the game lads, so when ye finish eating, we can head off. Thank you for the meal, Tilly, Miranda."

Last edited:
Bill
With: silverwhere silverwhere

Bill glanced around, looking for whatever thing Hatsu had just been looking at. She half-heard someone call Hatu’s name, glancing over her shoulder to catch sight of Augie. She’d met him a couple of times, mostly early morning when she went out to pick flowers, but wasn’t particularly friendly with him.

She wasn’t particularly friendly with anyone in the town.

She was halfway to raising her arm and giving him a short wave when Hatsu spoke. “Uh, yeah let’s go.” Almost like he was ignoring him.

Bill shrugged. She guessed there must be a reason she didn’t know.

She followed him down the docks, looking for the shop Hatsu had mentioned.

“Nothing up in the caff, in case you were wonderin’,” she said, “just crowded. I suppose it would be, given they hand out tickets and free coffee. ’S a wonder they keep their doors open.” She took a sip of her coffee. “Miranda looked half run off her feet. Paddy was there, and a couple others I noticed around town. Didn't speak to them, they didn't look too concerned about anythin', so I suppose it's nothing tae worry about. I suppose I should have gone and had a chat wi' them, that would have been sociable. Haven’t talked much to any of them, been keeping my head down. Just tryin’ not to piss nobody off, y’know. Tae be honest, I dinnae think I’ve been doing much of a job o’ that.”

Hatsu came to a stop outside a store, mercifully ending Bill’s rambling. “I hope you like pirates,” he said, holding the door open. She laughed into her coffee.

“Cannae say I’ve had much dealing with them. Ta,” she said, and entered. She cleared her throat, glancing around the store. “Hello?”

Riley Adler / Boy

With each new visit to the cafe Boy felt less and less excited for the next one. He appreciated more and more the times Augie brought their food to the quietness of their home. It was just that every time he went there, the place seemed even busier than the last time, and so on so forth.

Even with his eyesight back, he still felt pretty vulnerable. It wasn't just any crowd. Even with more than enough space for everyone, the scents filling the air were not ordinary ones, and it was overwhelming. Today they were so strong he could even pick out details among the strong food smells.

So when suddenly there was a little cat in front of him, it gave him something to focushis attention on, which he was kind of glad for. Had Tilly... winked at him?
Now he wouldn't bet an arm that cat was really just a cat, but he couldn't tell yet. And he just wasn't whether it was safe to approach, whether it'd cause a scene or maybe upset Augie. He'd had enough of surprises on their way to the cafe, thank you.

But before he could really make up his mind about the cat, suddenly there was a bag between them. And then Tilly had his face between her hands, before he could process much.

He didn't really know how to react, especially when she mentioned his eyes, and even less when she clearly winked at him. So he did what he always did, wagged his tail. And he wagged it more and more, trying to read Tilly's expression and understand why the hell she wanted to speak with Augie. Why she wanted to get involved in this.

But then as quickly as she crouched down to say hi to him, she was standing back up and leaving Boy still pretty confused. And he was even more confused when he looked around for the cat he'd been staring at and it was gone.

He got up, head whipping to all sides as he sought the feline, sniffing the air as he tried to pick up its scent among all the others. It was nowhere to be seen, but his sniffer was much better trained than his eyes, so he did pick up its scent. In the bag! With their food!!!

Roje.png
1644255556027.png
Collab With Silver and Da bois (Dusk Rhevens)

Roje froze as she felt a hand brush the back of her head, causing the breath of the Vampire to stop for just a second or two. Sitting across from Silv, there was no doubt in her mind that the wolf was witnessing Roje at one of her finest and sensitive moments. She herself turned a bit, only to meet the gaze of Dusk. She had a frog in her throat and found it hard to speak. Fuckin hell she just saw him in Skyrim, why is she acting this way now? The constant times of having to see him? Knowing very well he was probably dead in the original timeline? Gently, she nodded toward Dusk. "Mhmm" if only Silver could help in this moment but..it seemed like there was something else going on on her end.

Silver knew Indy had warned her to not eat anyone, but both of the men that had walked in were steadily cracking away at her otherwise patient facade.

Normally, a harsh glare would’ve sufficed and people would be on their way, but the new Rhevens simply chuckled to himself, both of Silver’s ears automatically picking up his words whether she wanted to focus on him or not. She would’ve been fine dealing with his curious looks, purposely making herself appear disinterested or at least annoyed at the fact that he kept staring her way, but the moment Dusk’s voice broiled with anger, her wolf stirred.

Her inexperience in hiding the beast made it so that others could probably sense the change in her, hackles raising as she took a too quiet swig of her glass of water that Miranda had brought with the milk for Indy.

Jaws snapped in her mind when Roje froze up in front of her, energy crackling through the air filled with unwavering anger. “The only asshat around here seems to be you. Keep your grubby paws off her.” Silver knew Dusk could hear her and no matter how low her growl, it would seize their attention. “Train your kid to look in another direction while you’re at it.”

Roje's eyes widen as she snapped her attention over to her. Oh fuck, Silver didn't know. Silver didn't know what Dusk was capable of, especially not in this world. "Sil." she said, her tone cautious, warning almost. If there was about to be a werewolf brawl in the Loving Spoon you could say that the place wasn't going to be loving anymore.

Rhevens had covered up the lower half of his face to keep the short laugh from escaping, eyes darting to Dusk. The latter only lifting one eyebrow slowly, as that grin spread across his face. Still in that deep drawl, with a touch more of a rumble. "If it had been intentional, I can see your point of view."

He looked like he was going to say something else, but there was a distinct clearing of a throat that had him closing his mouth for a moment or two. Then he just pretended to tip a hat as he dipped his chin, "Hope you two have a wonderful breakfast."

A sidelong glance to Tilly, who was pointedly not looking in their direction, then he turned to face Rhevens and ask, "So, having the usual? Or are you going for the sour patch kids special?"

Silver glared holes into the back of Dusk’s head, the muscle in her jaw leaping being her only response to Roje’s warning tone. She knew that if she fought another werewolf she’d lose purely from lack of experience, but it didn’t mean she wouldn’t at least try.

Her head tilted a little when the man cleared his throat, the anger dissipating as quickly as it had risen to a boil before she propped her chin on her hand, keeping her eyes on the world outside.

Sour patch kids special— Confusion washed over her and she looked to Roje with a curious look, even giving Rhevens a quick glance at the mundane term. “Is that.. a Polynesian thing?” Silver immediately sat back when she realized that the man was joking, growling under her breath in annoyance. “Fuck off, old man.”

Roje was caught off guard at Dusk's response. Well at least he didn't snap back, he didn't take it rough which was fine "I-It's fine Du-" her eyebrows closed in on eachother and she pursed her lips as she looked away, already fucking up. "I don't know, Silv. But it's fine. They're just here for breakfast. I think we've had enough excitement since yesterday, don't you think?" it felt as if roles had been switched. Silv now took the place of the Vampire, being more aggressive, protective-like. While Roje had taken her place to be more cautious.

Out Of Words Out Of Words Silver- Silver-

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Loving Spoon

Bernard and Jay still had a bit to finish up on their plate, as Tilly dropped off some small glazed doughnut holes as a sweet treat. Miranda lingered longer this time around. Even leaned on the counter to smile at the trio as she directed a question toward Aódh, "Big breakfast, big plans for the day?" She gave a glance through the cafe, seeing everyone being taken care of already, before her attention focused more fully on the lads.

"I always wanted to ask you, Jay, how did you come by some a well trained fox?" She handed Jay a couple of small treats for the fox as she grinned. "For the road." She seemed eager for conversation, perhaps just needing a break from cafe duties.

Dusk and Rhevens focused on getting an order placed, though there might have been a bit of a yelp from Dusk, followed by a husky laugh as he reached down to rub at his leg. Rhevens snorted and at least managed to keep his attention on the menu on the table for the most part. Rhevens kept his voice low, but couldn't help but murmur, "Yeah, watch it old man." He found the latter most amusing.

Tilly stopped by a moment later, her voice soft and warm. "Made some maple sugar honey bacon strips. Would'ya be o' a mind to taste test these?" She set a small plate not quite overflowing with the food. "An if'n yer ready for more, or t'order, lemme know. Or are ya waitin' fer someone?"

OOC Information

Aódh & Bernard & Jay Larry Larry Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian xAlter xAlter : It looks like the cafe is finally slowing down, with more people leaving, than entering. However, for you Aódh, this means some of the smells are seeping through the food, especially those with a deep wolf scent. For Bernard, there are small spiking bursts of electricity humming about in your ears, almost in tune with any time one of the werewolves rumbles. For Jay, it might now be a bit more soothing, with Marius, Max and Sage having made their exit. Give it several more minutes and the crowd will be even more thinned out.

Roje & Silver Britt-21 Britt-21 Silver- Silver- : Almost everyone else has some food, or are just nibbling on the sweet rolls. Your table, and Dusk and Rhevens have yet to order, but TIlly seems fine with bringing miscellaneous goodies your way. And you most definitely heard a bit of a thunk when Rhevens kicked Dusk under the table.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words
Season One: A Night Bleeds

Leif Hjalkarssen

Every aspect of Bug's reaction was duly noted. The pause, his increased heartbeat, his facial expression, the agitation, the nervousness, the fear. He let the man talk, and he answered the all the trivial questions he was asking. Cash, yes to protective shield and case, yada yada. But his eyes remained glued on Bug throughout the whole performance.

So he didn't miss the message Bug was trying to convey, and he nodded in acknowledgement, as he reached into his pocket for Chase's phone and started typing something on notes. A minute later, he showed it to Bug.

'Chase needs help.' Was typed on.

Then there was the noise of someone entering the store, and Leif glanced back to see two people walking in. Perfect timing.

He nodded in acknowledgement to the woman's 'hello', holding back a huff of frustration as eyes moved back to Bug. But then he stopped, and threw the two newcomers a second glance. Magical blood. He picked it up in the air, and it took a moment for him to pinpoint where it was coming from, or who it was coming from. Shouldn't be a surprise in Marasong, a witch. And eyes moved back to Bug before he stared too long.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Home Again Home Again!

Augie had to adjust his hold on the bag, as it felt like the food was slipping around, but he managed to find the right balance as he directed Boy along the docks, toward the Inn. "We'll take the back way around the Inn, so many folks out and about. It's a busy morning." A good pat to the dog's head, then they began the trek home.

Augie hummed along the way, the tune as close to a sea shanty as one could get. Occasionally, the bag would sway a bit, as the man swung his arms, but never far enough to upset the tower of take out boxes, or the unknown stowaway. He also didn't fail to notice how the dog kept trying to get closer to the bag of food. Augie did his best to maneuver it out of the way. "We'll eat soon enough, Boy. Patience, patience..."

He laughed, genuine with his amusement. "Let's see if you know the way now that you can see. Find home, Boy. Find home!" Several clicks of his tongue, and he let the dog lead the way, sometimes taking up a brisk step to keep up with the canine. "Not too fast! You get there too far ahead of me, you'll be waiting longer for the food!" And there was that laugh again.

OOC Information

Riley KodakWolf KodakWolf : Augie's letting you lead the way home, all the better to keep you from sniffing into the bag, of course! Sneaky sea dog is sneaky!

Indy Rhyme Rhyme : The bag jostles now and then, but each time Augie speaks, it's like a sliver of that Skyrim place shooting through you. And with it, a quick memory in your mind's eye. Memories of swimming under the water, catching seashells, and finding that old entrance under the shore. And that laugh, it's hard to tell if you're hearing it from your trip through memory lane, or if it's here and now.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Full Booty

Bug had just read what Leif typed on the phone, when the pirate chime went off, signalling someone else entering the store. Ever the expert salesman, Bug put on a friendly face, big smile, and that pirate accent again. "Ahoy! Be ye landlubbers, or be ye buccaneers, I'll be with ye in two shakes of the ship's sails, or four parrot tails!" A big exaggerated wave of one arm was meant to showcase the contents of the store. "Have a gander about, but don't be taking or ye'll end up meeting Davy Jones for shore."

Bug then turned his attention back to Leif, and held out a hand for the phone the man had just typed on. "Here, I think I know the problem, let me see." Using the same notes, bug tapped swiftly, showing he was a pro texter, and then handed it back. "Yeah, that'll do it. And here is your receipt for the other. And my card.. if you want to jot down where I can reach you on this copy of the receipt, I'll contact you as soon as I have the new phone and all your data ready to go."

A glance to the other two customers, and then another wave as he recognized Hatsu. "Hope they get your house up and going again real soon. Be with you shortly!"

OOC Information

Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf : Bug's reply: hes not the only 1 - best 2 type not talk - when ur phone is rdy

Bill & Hatsu BillieRoss BillieRoss silverwhere silverwhere : Bug seemed a bit nervous when you two first entered, but recovered quickly enough. Bill, you just seem to pick up on magic vibes all over the place, but in the store there are definitely some magic items somewhere. Talismans, if you had to take a guess based on the initial impression. Hatsu, your glance picks up the grandfather clock with the open door base, and glimpses of a room through it. Something you hadn't seen on previous visits.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
With: A reduction in numbers;
Interactions: Larry Larry Out Of Words Out Of Words (Miranda) xAlter xAlter (Jay) Only mentions: What the heck is this?
Art by leevolt on DeviantArt
Mood: Gratified at last;

After his listing off his academic qualifications, Bernard stood silently in his chair as he watched the discourse between the two young gentlemen. Jay's path had surprised him partially, though if he is content with his surroundings, small as they may be, then Bernard will respect the Korean's choices. Personally, that kind of life is not one that Bernard would lead or let himself be absorbed into it. A notion that Bernard had found himself fighting against, time and again, is the all-pervasive deterministic fate. As a man of science, he could never rationally accept that every action is already carved in stone and nobody other than some anthropomorphised concept of a God or the word, Fate, itself held the chisel. Except... His faith in his beliefs had been shaken when that bolt struck through the window to smite him into a batch of unintentionally mutagenic chemicals, the chances of which are astronomically low. Though he rationalises this with just because the numbers are low that doesn't mean that they are impossible.

A momentary break in this dreary pondering happened when the Irishman began to gorge himself as if he was some simple swine with a plate of pigswill in front of him. Good man, control yourself - A passing thought with an eyeroll to accompany. He hated that it very nearly mirrored to the state that he would descend into a miserable state of hunger. Reducing a man of his intellectual calibre to something akin of a groveling monster, only relying on baser instincts to survive.

Thankfully, the swine is not just a swine in table mannerisms but in speed as well. So Bernard need not endure that scene any longer. "If you were to ask my opinion on the matter, I would recommend higher education. But... that isn't always the answer, my eldest brother completed his academic course only to settle down with a trade. My advisement would be to measure twice and decide what should be done. I will admit there are things that I wish I knew before I committed. Not speaking scholastically, but in other matters."

"I'm already finished. Though I'd refrain from mentioning our goals for the day." Saying the last part quietly so that only him and Jay could hear. He gave Aódh a look with raised eyebrow and the right side of his lips creaked upwards as if telling him to avoid answering truthfully. Miranda had stepped into their conversation and Bernard decided this could be the opportune time to demonstrate how Bernard would react. Though the question was to Aódh, Bernard replied. "You could say something like that, just something here and there." As before, Bernard replied with absolute confidence and relaxation, as if nothing could bother him or betray any sense of falsehoods.

Something to notice with the lessening of people was the return of the electrical surges from those two men that entered. They were definitely unusual... And such savory targets... Why he could even devour their nervous systems like spaghetti.

Mood: Happy as Larry!
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | xAlter xAlter | Out Of Words Out Of Words
Mentions: silverwhere silverwhere | Silver- Silver- | Britt-21 Britt-21 | Rhyme Rhyme
Aódh was about to answer Miranda's question, directed as it was to him with an earnest gaze on the waitress' part, before Bernard chipped in with a vague-enough response. The latter, having felt it fit to relay to the youth, alongside Jay, that being honest in regards to what they going to be up to today might not be the most tactful thing, for whatever reason, perhaps might have felt that the Irishman mightn't have imbibed that particular message just yet. True, he was still contemplating what Bernard had said in regards to the future, with reference to his own brother, but Aódh wasn't so brutally honest that'd he blurt out the nature of the Dane's personal business. It seems that I am, in his eyes, he thought to himself, staring at the scholar out of the corner of his eye, whilst he conversed with Miranda. One would like to think, and Aódh no doubt would have, had he not been dragged into the realms of the supranatural kicking and screaming, but if somebody were to say to him that there were some strange occurrences going on in their hometown, most people would consider that person a quack. So, if one wanted to defend themselves from such accusations, recusing knowledge of an investigation from the people being investigated seemed like a sound-enough plan.

Or so Aódh reasoned to himself, as Bernard finished talking.

"Yeah, I just said to the lads that maybe they'd give me a bit of a tour around the town," Aódh commented blithely, almost substituting for the Dane in the conversation, "Given what happened with Hatsu's house there yesterday, I got a very hurried look at the place. So, an t-am seo, béidh mé ag ábalta a feicéail rudaí ar a laghad!"

He wasn't too sure if that last part was entirely correct, but confidence sometimes cements the idea of competence.

Still, the young man began to notice the slow trickle of people entering the café had been gradually inversed, with more leaving the establishment as it stood. Concomitant with that trend, Aódh realised that the overarching smell that hung over all the occupants of the café was slowly, maybe even imperceptively, draining. As it so happened, in quite a restive manner, the scents of the two werewolves who had entered earlier asserted themselves the moment when the integrity of the comingled smells lessened. He glanced over to the pair of them, conversing, if perhaps not too cordially, with the two who had entered with the cat, that, upon a sniff, didn't appear to be on the premises anymore. He snarled under his breath, muttering "
Smelly bastards..." before hefting himself up off the seat. "Now, I can't thank yourself and Tilly enough for the food," Aódh said to the waitress, a soft smile forming on his face, "I'll be waiting outside Bernard, Jay. If I were to stay any longer, I think I might end up eating more."

Turning in the direction of the exit, Aódh walked steadily towards the door and swung it open, the fresh air, compared to the pungency of the café, seeming almost Edenic in purity.

Last edited:

Jae-eun
Interactions: Larry Larry Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Out Of Words Out Of Words
Mentions:

Jay had been just intently listening to the conversation between Bernard and Aodh, the Danish man possessing an intellect that far surpassed his own, or so he thought. To be a professor at a university no less; that was an undertaking Jay would never consider for his own future. Inner monolog interrupted by the question of how he enjoyed Marasong made Jay an active participant of the conversation once more. “I would… say I enjoy living in Marasong.” he started, a look of contemplation overtaking him. “It’s a quaint little town… everyone knows everyone, at least by name and face, that is. Not a lot goes on, and it’s quite far from any other major city or town. There's a draw to it, Marasong I mean. I didn’t think I would stay, but Fate had other plans for me. It’s peaceful, and everyday is routine.” Pausing he thought for a minute. “Maybe routine isn’t the right word for it. It’s stress free, peaceful.”

Falling silent again, Jay once more looked to Aodh as the Irishman began to devour his own plate of food, unlike a beastman. It was a sight to say the least. Only pausing to drink, and asking another question, Jay once more found himself the center of the conversation. “College is an experience I would at least try starting. It might not be for everyone, and you might find that future you’ve been looking for, but not always. I think I’m lucky to have at least tried. I’ve learned many things, and if I didn’t choose the path I did, I doubt I would’ve made it to Marasong either.” Ending with a smile, Jay covered his smile with his cup of tea, trying to hide it from the other two gents. “Decide what you want. Try to experience as much as you can is my advice.”

Allowing Bernard to take charge of the conversation once more, he looked to Yun as she asked. Accepting the treats, and shoving them into his jacket pocket, he booped the fox on her nose. “Luck, mostly,” he responded. “Foxes aren’t common at all in Korea. Back home, seeing one was a rarity. I just stumbled upon her one day, fed her, and she just kinda kept coming back to where we first met.” Petting Yun’s head, Jay looked back up to Tilly. “She’s always been well behaved. Never had to train her or anything. I got lucky. It's funny. Yun changed my life, whether you’d believe it or not.”

Hearing Bernard declare his finishing of food, and his whispers to himself? All of them? He didn’t know, but it had Jay’s mind wandering back to his encounter with Marius. He wanted to check it out again, preferably when it was light out. Yeung might be able to do something, or at least give him some insight. Watching Aodh out of the corner of his eye, Jay followed the Irishman. Waving goodbye to Tilly and Miranda after paying and thanking them for the food, he made his way outside, Yun still within his arms. “If you don’t mind, might you two accompany me to the docks? Need to do a few maintenance things on my boat.”

Bill
With: silverwhere silverwhere , Out Of Words Out Of Words [Bug], (With), KodakWolf KodakWolf (nearby)

Bill froze upon entering the store. The pirate…theme was weird enough, but the magical aura of the shop was bordering on absurd. She wasn’t sure her room gave off such strong energy. There was something powerful in the space, powerful enough to completely distract her from the previous mission.

She turned to say something to Hatsu, but startled and swung back around as soon as the...greeting was called out. "Ahoy! Be ye landlubbers, or be ye buccaneers, I'll be with ye in two shakes of the ship's sails, or four parrot tails!" Bill blinked, struggling to process the string of nonsense words that had come out of the shopkeep’s mouth. "Have a gander about, but don't be taking or ye'll end up meeting Davy Jones for shore."

Bill just nodded, turning to Hatsu and quietly asking, “is he normally…ah, whatever.”

She turned to a shelf of goods, examining them closely, whilst trying not to look like she was too keen on buying anything.

The man called out again, presumably addressing Hatsu, but she was too focused to notice much. She glanced over her shoulder to make sure they were at least mostly alone before beckoning Hatsu over.

“You talk to the fella,” she said quietly, handing Hatsu the map, “It’s your safe anyway. There’s something…uh…magical about the place. See if ye can keep him distracted or whatever, some of this might need closer inspection.”

Indy

Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words KodakWolf KodakWolf

It was taking an incredible amount of self-control to not rip into one of the foam containers below Indy's feet as the scents of fish and chips wafted up with each jostle of the bag. She could smell the dog still as well, the wet earthy musk of him never far away. Thankfully, Augie seemed to brush off the dog's attempts to stick his nose into her hiding place.

Then, Augie began to hum.

Song. It washed over her mind, smoothed out the ambient trill of birds and ambient street chatter. The bag opened beneath her, feet left weightless as water swallowed her in a gulping wave. She knew his song, she knew that voice--she had, they had laughed. Face stuck down in a bucket full of water, laughter--scrambling to search for pizza in empty cupboards.

Patience.

Patience about the cave, the coin--they were looking for the coins. She was meant to meet him at the cave, back after the--after the what? She was meant to go somewhere, to meet some people. A ritual, or not? Had that happened?

Find home!

Home, she was meant to go home. But she was home, she was in Marasong; except that wasn't right. The thought gurgled over her, a blast of bubbles that crackled against her ears and between her fur. She hadn't meant to go Marasong, she was trying to get back to somewhere bigger--somewhere different, not a town but a world.

And the seashells. Smooth pearlescent treasures passed into her hands by a smiling boy, every inch of him alight with the simple thrill of life spent until a warm sun. Peace. She had been at peace for the first time in so long, every frayed piece of her threatening to mend into a soft bliss; all with him beside her. Augie. Oogie.

She was in a bag, she knew that. It still jostled. She could still hear the dog's huffing breaths. She was in Marasong, she was here, she wasn't there--but the water roared on around her, the string around her neck tight. The coin, buried beneath the ruff of her fur; an anchor, the only anchor, between there and now.

But she remembered. She remembered, or she imagined; did it matter?

coded by: @s e v e n

Hatsu Black
Imported Booty
Tags: BillieRoss BillieRoss KodakWolf KodakWolf Out Of Words Out Of Words
Hatsu had hoped to be the first person at the store, but it seemed that someone else had beat them to it. Bug was behind the counter helping another customer. Bug had seemed nervous for a split second before putting on his normal cheery pirate themed.

"Ahoy! Be ye landlubbers, or be ye buccaneers, I'll be with ye in two shakes of the ship's sails, or four parrot tails! Have a gander about, but don't be taking or ye'll end up meeting Davy Jones for shore."
Bug yelled at the two of them before resuming a quieter tone to help the customer in front of him.

He didn't know who Davy Jones was, but if he ad to guess it was probably something that was meant to be a threat. It wasn't like he had any plans on stealing from the store so he'll be fine. Bill, also seemed a bit confused by what Bug had spilled out. She nodded and turned to Hatsu and he wasn't sure if he'd have to explain it to her or not.

“Is he normally…ah, whatever.”

"Yep," Hatsu responded as the two started to look around as they waited for Bug to finish up. He had floated away from her as he took notice of a grandfather clock. The clock as as simple as it could get and had never really caught his attention before, he was much for interested in the other nicknacks the stored offered as well as placing orders. It was moved and revealed a once hidden room and he went over and peaked inside but was quickly distracted when he caught a glimpse of Bug as he waved at him.

"Hope they get your house up and going again real soon. Be with you shortly!"

"Uh, yeah. Take your time we don't mind waiting." Hatsu said about to resume his exploration when Bill started to beckon him over. It looked like he'd have to put this on pause for now, he sighed as he made his way over to her. She seemed a lot more interested in something as she handed the map over to him.

“You talk to the fella, it’s your safe anyway. ” Hatsu took the map from her and folded it neatly to put in his back pocket, she was almost whispering when she added “There’s something…uh…magical about the place. See if ye can keep him distracted or whatever, some of this might need closer inspection.”

Out of everything she could have told him, this was the less surprising. Of course the pirate themed shop would have something magic about it especially if it had anything to do with the map. He started to believe that maybe he was the only normal thing about Marasong at this point. "Right, yeah. I can do that just be careful." Hatsu said to her giving her a thumbs up before he headed over to the counter. Was it a bad time to tell Bill that he was also bad at social interactions? He was more of an introvert then he'd like to admit and Bug was the opposite. If you looked up the definition of extroverted, Bug's face would probably be there. At least, Hatsu was pretty sure it would be. He wasn't sure what introverted person would be comfortable pretending to be a pirate and talk to customers in a pirate accent. Either way, she wanted him to keep him distracted and he was sure that the current customer had all of Bug's attention but he wasn't certain.

Hatsu walked past Leif and up to the counter, "Excuse me," he said mostly to Leif. Normally, he wouldn't have done this. Hatsu was more than happy to wait for Bug to finish up his business and wait his turn. "Since when did the grandfather clock move? And am I allowed back there?"

[Scene Compilation]: Make 'Em Bald!
Tags: Out Of Words Out Of Words Britt-21 Britt-21 Mentions: Rhyme Rhyme Location: The Thwacking Spoon

Silver couldn’t tell if it was an underlying hunger or straight irritability that had possessed her to suggest their next moves. Roje’s warning had seemingly gone in one ear and out the other now that she was thinking about how striking up a conversation with these wolves might help them figure out more details about this little town. She barely warned the vampire of her next move, simply getting up from the booth after a bit of a pause and quietly slipping in next to Rhevens. Her heart betrayed her mind, thudding loudly in her chest, but her stony expression refused to waver as her dark gaze swept from Dusk to Rhevens. “What’s your deal then? Do I look familiar to you?” For as much as she hated asking for help or even ordering things over the phone, when there was something she knew had to be done, Silver’s focused shifted to logic more than emotion.

Rhevens let out a small eep, but quickly slid deeper into the booth to make room for their new table guest. With the question, he did a quick glance over to Dusk, then cleared his throat. Despite the bit of a flush, Rhevens turned partially sideways in the booth to face Silver better. His own heart was thudding fast in his chest, a deep thump thump, but he managed to maintain a mostly cool exterior. Rhevens tilted his head this way and that, staring studying Silver's face from various angles before he spoke. "Eh heh, you do strike a bit of a deja vu." His voice was only slightly shaky from nerves he quickly swallowed down.

Roje did not expect Silver's next moves at all. In fact it caught her off guard as she moved right into the booth behind her, causing an audible sigh to escape her lips. Dammit Silver what are you thinking? hesitantly she shifted from the booth and came up next to Dusk, but not yet taking a seat. Dammit he was still good looking no matter what way she looked at him. Taking a deep breath, she spoke "Hope you don't mind the intrusion." despite her suspicions of those around, she always felt comfort in Dusk no matter what timeline he was in.

Dusk scooted over, though not as much as Rhevens did, meaning Roje's leg would be pressed up against his own. He let his arms rest along the top of the booth, also meaning one arm was behind where Roje now sat. The rumble was felt even better when sitting right next to him. Low and deep, husky and rumbly, that was his tone of voice as he turned his head to grin at Roje. "Your kind of intrusion I never mind, darlin'."

Silver nearly looked like she was glaring down Rhevens as he pushed himself closer to the corner of the booth, following his glance to Dusk to ensure she hadn’t truly bitten off more than she could chew. The way he looked her over was already making a growl form in her throat, rumbling with a restrained threat. “So I look familiar, but we’ve never actually met then?” Silver relaxed, if only a bit, into her new spot. A quiet, tired sigh let her as she watched Roje settle in, tossing ideas around in her mind until she muttered. “Have you met her before?” She looked to Dusk in mentioning Roje, half not expecting him to answer outright. She could practically feel the beasts that were trapped beneath the both of them now that she’d taken a step to draw closer. It was gnawing at her instincts.

Rhevens gave a little shake of his head, one hand moving to self consciously rub at the side of his face. "I don't know your name, but perhaps in passing I've seen you before?"

Roje had taken her spot and couldnt help the chills that ran up her spine. The connection she felt, no matter what, was always there even if he may not even know it. His rumble, his husky voice, that arm that -even though not touching her- was hanging out behind her made her want to just lean into him and take in everything that was him. But her resistance proved strong, for now that is.

Dusk gave a cheeky grin as he spared a glance toward Silver, then looked back to Roje. He took a moment to go through the same routine of staring studying her face, only he dared to get a little closer. Close enough to take a whiff of her hair without actually coming into physical contact. It just made his rumble even deeper. "I couldn't tell you the name, no." Then more direct to Roje, in a husky murmur, "Your scent is lovely, by the way."

The vampire noticed the questions that Silver was tossing out, she was getting answers much like what she'd usually do herself. But failed to do so with her kryptonite right next to her. Well as least some progress was being made. Dusk had replied, looking at her with that gaze. Her eyes had glossed over his features while he seemed distracted. Though he began to lean a little closer, her heart skipping a beat and her stomach knotting at his distance. Then there came the compliment, causing her to bite her lip. "Thanks..." She said softly in return, Dammit. She thought, "I'd say you're not so bad yourself but... You're a werewolf in a vampire's nose. But...It's comforting..."

Silver raised her eyebrows at Dusk’s interaction with Roje, watching how the vampire was practically shying away from her normally tough, straightforward persona into something resembling a person whom found real genuine comfort in another. It was.. odd, to say the least. She understood it from a rational perspective, like when reading a book about something and acquiring as much knowledge on it as possible without really knowing how it felt. “She and I.. aren’t from here.” She muttered slowly to Rhevens, taking a moment to study his features now. “When was the last time you saw people like us before? Tourism doesn’t seem very common.” She nearly winced at Roje mentioning they were wolves, wondering if them knowing this was as taboo as the townspeople made it seem.

Rheven's eyes grew wider than Dusk's, as they both took on a bit of a surprised look with Roje's words. And before Roje could really finish, Dusk had cupped the side of her face and drew her quickly into a kiss, swallowing just about everything after 'you're a werewolf'.

Rheven's flush grew hotter as he sucked his lips in a classic, if not somewhat cliché, way to keep himself from blurting out something. So, he quickly turned his focus away from the opposite side of the booth and looked to Silver. "Oh, well, really? Uh.. eh heh. Eh heh. Uh.." His face was definitely a little more reddish than before.

And that's when Tilly arrived at the booth.

Roje's body had tensed up, following by her eyes widening as his lips had pressed against her own, keeping her from saying any more. The Spark had reignited in her and her mind had gone blank. Slowly, her body began to relax and her hazel eyes had closed, not even taking note of Tilly's voice in her ears. Was a feeling like this transferred from timeline to timeline? Was there always a thread that kept everything connected but yet separate at the same time?

"More rolls, fer yer gullets." Her gaze seemed warm, but also sharp as eyebrows were raised, making it clear she had heard something, or knew something. Or was trying to convey something to those in the booth. It was.. Something.

Silver looked like she’d seen a ghost when she realized Dusk had swooped in and saved face before Roje could impart anything else into the air. She took her own turn to ‘eh heh’ when Tilly arrived with a few rolls, the elderly woman’s face denoting something had been heard. “Thanks, Tilly.” She grumbled respectfully, unable to meet anyone’s eyes as her cheeks began to warm. She drew her hands into her lap when she realized they were shaking, her mind losing its stony forefront as she could feel the anxiety threatening to mess up her original plans to question the wolves.

Dusk continued to swallow up any other words Roje might have had to say, as one arm moved to gently tighten around the woman's shoulders. As she all but melted against him, he was more than happy to continue kissing, the rumble would have been quite loud if his lips weren't planted firmly against Roje's.

The lover that kept coming back; that kept being found. The very few things that made her a happy woman had still existed, and still came back to her despite her sad past. The arm around her had only made it easier to lift her own hand and grip onto his shirt. Just barely she heard the pair across the table, and Silver was right, at least in Skyrim she was. Dusk had a son....You know as much as she didn't want to stop kissing him, she was still with Silver and Rhevens so it was better to not give them a front row seat to their fairly passionate moment. She pulled back a little, her forehead resting against his "Dusk I swear..." She said softly, yet a bit breathlessly with a light laugh.

Dusk kept on rumbling, the hand along the side of Roje's face remained where it was, his thumb brushing against her cheekbone. He seemed more than content to keep his forehead resting against hers as he chuckled and whispered, "What do you swear?"

Rhevens had made the mistake of glancing over, thinking Tilly's appearance would do a cease and desist, only it didn't. His ears felt red hot, and he focused on the one next to him instead. He held out his right hand, his voice quiet, all the better to not tremble with. "Eh heh. I'm Rhevens. Uh..." He tapped the plate of fresh rolls, still warm, the icing gooey. "Eh heh. Roll?"

“I’m not hun—“
Silver’s mouth immediately pressed into a line as her stomach rumbled loudly, her shoulders rising in another low sigh but this time in defeat. “I’m Silver.” Silently, she tore the roll in half, careful to both not look at the two in front of her while managing it. She instead only locked eyes with Rhevens and the reflective window pane next to him, her face growing redder as she handed him the other half. “We’ve met before, but I can’t say how. I’m guessing Dusk is your.. father?”

Rhevens meanwhile took the other half of the roll and murmured, "Thanks. And uh, yeah. Eh heh." He was about to say something more when hands thumped down on the edge of their table.

"Oh em gee! Do we get to plan a wedding?" Yes, that voice, the slightly shrill, slightly condescending, a combination of grating and soothing at the same time. Beth had arrived. "Are you sure this is the one you want? And where is my other daughter?" She was looking around the place but hadn't seen Indy, cat or human.

Tilly had quickly come over and was all but shoving an extra frosted doughnut into the woman's face. "Oh! Nae so loud, not 'ere, Beth. 'ave an appetizer an' take a gander at the menu. 'ere's a free booth." Tilly was firmly guiding the woman into the booth Roje and Silver just recently vacated.

Silver’s fluster cooled swiftly upon impact thudding onto the table suddenly, the familiar, all-too-cheery tone of voice catching her off guard enough that she used the knuckles of her free hand to close her bad ear. She cursed under her breath, We? Silver hoped that the woman hadn’t meant to include her in the planning of some fantasy wedding. Tilly was saving both their asses by ushering her into the booth they’d just emptied though, giving Silver a chance to finally munch on one of the rolls. She was going to ask Rhevens what he’d meant to say before Beth chimed in, but it was then that she realized she couldn’t sense Indy at all. “Wait, where is Indy?”

Roje couldn't help the growing smile on her lips. "I'll tell you one day," Though before she could finish, she heard that familiar voice that made her tense up once again. Though, luckily she had been in Dusk's arms. Her look had darkened and she turned her head to look at her "Mother" "The shit that comes out of your mouth..." She muttered as she mentioned Indy. She's way better without being in here. Surely she's glad to not see you again. She thought before her gaze turned toward Silver while Beth took a seat behind them into another booth with the help of Tilly. "I already knew she wouldn't have stayed. I told her where to go in case she couldn't find us here. She'll be fine, at least I hope considering."

Silver felt the alarm ease up enough in her chest that she could finish her half of the roll. Part of her trying to focus on what was happening around her whilst the other worried unconsciously about being watched while she ate was enough to cease her hunger for now. Not to mention Dusk and Roje getting along so well with each other was starting to drain her social battery.

Rhevens did glance a bit nervously at the woman who slapped the table with the palms of her hands. But the mention of a wedding had him looking alarmed toward Dusk. Dusk who just laughed and dipped his head near Roje's to whisper wickedly, "We could."

Roje melted hearing his laugh in her ear. Dammit Dusk. Even his joke towards the wedding idea made her bite her lip and glance at him. Oh man, what kind of fairy tale ending that would be wouldn't it? Life didn't always work that way though.

And this had Rhevens even more nervous as he couldn't help but tap the table to get Dusk's attention as he whispered, "I don't want a sibling." Which had Dusk laughing more, but more importantly....

Beth turned around in her seat, and exclaimed loud enough for the whole cafe to hear. "YOU'RE PREGNANT?"

Tilly thwapped Beth on the head rather soundly with the menu she had been trying to point out. "I'll thank ye now to stop yellin' in my cafe, or ye kin git oot righ' now."

Rhevens just sunk down a bit in his seat and quickly focused again on Silver. "Uh.. Eh heh. Is Indy your cat? We should uh.. go... look? I can help sniff her out. Eh heh." Anything to get away from the cafe, because the look on Tilly's face was more scary than the screaming woman.

Dusk’s bellowing laughter with Beth’s screech had the muscle in Silver’s jaw leaping. Roje had assured that Indy was likely fine, but she couldn’t get over the idea of her being lost. She blamed it on her love for animals. “My cat—“ She nearly snorted at the fact that Rhevens mentioned ‘sniffing her out’, “She’s our cat, yeah. Closer to Roje than me though.” So close that they’re sisters. “Tilly, thank you for the meal.” Silver nodded respectfully to the older woman before quickly grabbing Rhevens’s hand and exiting the booth. “We’re gonna go.. find Indy. Make sure she’s okay. Try not to have too much fun, okay?” Silver flashed Roje a smirk, looking at Rhevens to see if he would follow.

After hearing Beth yelled once again, she got smacked, causing Roje to release a laugh that was actually pretty genuine. Ha bitch, that's what you get. She thought, taking note that Silver grabbed Rhevens's hand and getting out from the booth. "Yeah, as if we'd have too much fun in the middle of Tilly's diner." She teased, finding herself slowly reverting back to how she once was. "Silv, don't get lost yourself." She then looked at Rhevens, "Don't let anything happen to her either if you go with. I'll hunt you down if you lose her."

[End.]

Leif Hjalkarssen

Leif waited patiently while Bug greeted the new customers. He paid attention to what they were saying, but didn't turn to glance at them again. Outsiders as well, it seemed, at least one of them, as the other seemed to be the owner of the house that just caught fire. Wanting to investigate Bug's shop. He did almost turn around to ask them whether they'd also been teleported there, but better hold back for now, especially with all those listening ears everywhere.

Thankfully, Bug was faster and more proficient than Levi at written communication. Leif did jot down his address at the inn and checked Chase's phone number on his phone before writing it down for Bug as well.

With that taken care of, he thanked Bug and headed out the shop for now. He knew he shouldn't seek Alice right away, which was the original plan, so he headed to Levi's instead, which was on the list anyway, and knocked on the door. On the way, he kept an eye out for familiar faces, and figures.

Riley Adler/Boy

Augie couldn't be serious. He couldn't be that oblivious to it. Did he really think he just wanted to snag a bit of food from the bag? Did he really not feel the extra weight, not feel the bag move in ways to go bags aren't supposed to move? Did he really not feel the overwhelming cat scent tarnishing their food? Okay, he'd eaten small critters before, but Tilly's food was a whole new level, and he didn't want it to mix with anything of lesser quality.

Augie was determined to frustrate his attempts of getting into the bag, and determined to ignore the message he was trying to convey, even after he started barking with frustration. So when he was told to find the way home, he hightailed it home. He did keep an eye out on the ocean though.

He sat at the mouth of the cave waiting for Augie, and when the man finally arrived with their food and the intruder, he resumed the task of insistently trying to get in and get that cat out!

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Just Booty

Bug gave Leif a nod and tucked away the sheet with the number and address before turning his full attention to the potential customers left inside. He grinned at Hatsu and wriggled his eyebrows. "Like the hidden door in the clock trick?" Bug moved out from behind the counter, eager to show it off.

The clock hadn't really moved upon closer inspection, it was just the base of the tall furniture had opened, revealing the secret room 'behind' the clock. "It's a great trick, cost a pretty penny, but well worth it. And yeah, you can totally go in there. It's clothing, from shoes to hats and everything in between. We have a lot of eclectic styles, and some mundane ones as well. Even costumes!" The last was said in a bit of a whisper.

Meanwhile, Bill was homing in on the items that seemed to give off a bit of a 'vibe'. The closest was a box of seashells, but it wasn't the box, or the shells on top. Something deeper in the pile was the source, or rather, one of the sources. There was also a crate of sea glass off to the side, most of it seemed tame, yet again something buried deeper in the assortment nearly vibrated with energy. Oh, and then there was the rack of pendants, or the tray of what looked like mermaid fish tail pins made out of sea glass.

They all looked like things tourists would just eat up.

OOC Information

Bill BillieRoss BillieRoss : The items closest to you all seem to originate from the sea, shells, rocks, sand dollars, sea glass, and so on. Each item doesn't give off the strong vibe you're feeling, but they do have some residue from whatever is the real source of the magic reaching out to you.

Hatsu silverwhere silverwhere : The room has racks and racks of clothing, shelves of hats, gloves, and on the floor racks full of different shoes. The 'costume' like pieces are all sorted together, and all the shirts, pants, jackets, and so on. one could find something for any occasion in this hidden room.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Sleeping Beauty

It took a minute before the door was opened, and a fairly panicked looking Levi quickly ushered Leif inside. "Get in, quick!" The door was locked and double locked before Levi revealed the reason for his distress. "I ain't able to wake him up."

A quick trip down the hall and into the back bedroom revealed Chase, still laying in bed. His breathing was steady, heartbeat strong, but no amount of shaking or calling his name would even cause a batting of the eye. Levi ran hands through his hair as he let Leif take over. "Ain't had a problem, no 'mares or anythin'. I made some food, and came to get him, only.. he ain't waking. I.. I don't know what to do."

Levi wound up folding his arms across his chest, more of a self hug than anything else. Chase's limbs were limp, but his complexion was fine, there wasn't anything out of the ordinary save for him not waking up. "Did yous talk to anyone abouts this?" He spoke quietly, eyes darting between Leif and Chase, obviously concerned.

OOC Information

Leif KodakWolf KodakWolf : On a closer inspection, you can see Chase's eyes moving left and right, as if in deep REM sleep.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Loving Spoon

Beth looked like she was going to protest, but Tilly just waved the menu a bit in the air, and the woman quickly changed her mind. "Good, now, look o'er the food, an' lemme know wot yer want. Quietly." Tilly then slide to Roje and Dusk's booth, with a cat eating grin. "An' you two loverlies? Know wot ya want ta eat, yet?" She tapped on the menu on their table, "Mebbe somethin' ta go?"

Dusk laughed, not at all about to remove the arm from around the woman's shoulders, unless Roje indicated he should. He was having way too much fun playing with the ends of her hair. "I think I'm about game for anything today, Tilly."

Tilly beamed, "Ooch, it's yer day off o' the docks today, ain't it? Ye should show this 'un aroun' town." Which had Beth starting to turn around in her seat, but a glare from Tilly had her stopping. She sat in her booth, obviously sulking and pouting a bit. Something no one seemed to be paying much attention to, other than Beth herself.

OOC Information

Roje Britt-21 Britt-21 : As passive aggressive as Beth was in your hotel room, in Tilly's cafe, it's obviously a different story. And Dusk seems more than willing to indulge whatever you're wanting to do for the time being.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
On the Docks

There are several shops along the docks to keep one occupied, from the grocery store, to the rock and seashells, or the imported goods store and more. The crowd that was once inside, are now outside, and there is a near flurry of activity on the docks. Crews are coming ashore from the trading ships, cargo is being loaded, unloaded, inspected and more.

The noise is about the same, only outside it carries more on the breeze. You can hear the small bells signalling the near departure or arrive of a vessel, the sounds of crates being stacked, and people calling out loudly to give directions to their crew. However, outside, you have the fresh ocean breeze, which if you enjoy the smell of the ocean, you're in luck. If you don't have a jacket, you're going to feel the nip of the slight chill carried in the air. It's late morning now, not quite midday, plenty of time to explore, socialize or help Jay with his boat maintenance first.

Rhevens gladly held onto Silver's hand as she grabbed his, and slid out of the booth to venture outside with his new friend. "Eh heh. Uh, you sure she doesn't know my dad?" They were getting pretty chummy back there, and he was just now feeling the flush leaving his face, thanks in part to the outside breeze. "Oh, so uh.. Where do you think your cat would go?" He was already looking down, concern filling his expression. "She knows to get out of the way of feet, right?"

OOC Information

Silver Silver- Silver- : Rhevens is looking down, trying to keep an eye out for the cute cat he had seen earlier on your table. Occasionally, his fingers twitch and squeeze your hand, seemingly without him realizing he's doing so.

Jay & Bernard & Aódh xAlter xAlter Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Larry Larry : The docks are your playground! Do you assist Jay and follow his lead, or find something else calling your attention? Use the encounters channel in Discord if you need a quick back and forth.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
IC Thread - GM Post
Time to Feast!

Augie was nearly drooling by the time he made it to the cave, only to see Boy waiting for him. "You made it! You must be hungry! I'm starving I think." He laughed, and moved deeper into the cave, past the little rock barrier that kept out most of the outside. Only then did he set the bag down on the floor. "Whew, it felt heavier than usual. I wonder if Tilly packed some extra."

He laughed as Boy started to stick his snout into the top of the bag, "Hey! Let me get your bowl first at least! Geez." Augie had just managed to get the bowl he usually used for the dog, when he heard the bag tumble to one side. "Hey!" Only to be surprised as he turned around to see not only the top container slipping out of the bag, but something most assuredly not any food Tilly packed.

"Oh geeze! Boy, easy!" Augie quickly moved to try and catch and pick up the small cat the dog's investigation had revealed. "Easy there, hey kitty.. Wh.. where did you come from?"

OOC Information

Riley KodakWolf KodakWolf : Augie's reaction showed he isn't always keenly aware of things as he might like to think he is. Maybe he was just very hungry and focused on the food smells, but now there he was trying to pick up the kitten.

Indy Rhyme Rhyme : If you allow Augie to pick you up, he'll immediately cradle you in one arm while trying to pet you soothingly with his other hand. His scent is much clearer then, and the memories feel like yesterday.

IF DECEMBER FREEZES
A story by Out Of Words

Mood: Calm.
Interactions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian | xAlter xAlter
Mentions: Out Of Words Out Of Words | Silver- Silver-
"That's no bother to me Jay," Aódh answered, the smell of the sea a welcome reprieve from the café, "I've nothing to be doing, aside from the craic we'll be up to later."

As the youth relaxed into a steady gait, he couldn't help but be surprised by the flurry of activity that seemed to erupt from the town. Given what the inside of Tilly's was like earlier, Aódh was surprised to see that there was anybody in the town at all! Without the scrambling of the previous day, he could really give the place a proper look. Dockmen, concerned with taking cargo off the various ships that had arrived, flittered about the various platforms. Now that's tough work, the Irishman thought to himself, the sight of the men reminding him of the various instances where his mother, finding him whinging about having to do a bit of a housework, might have suggested work of the dockmen's sort being something to shift his idea of 'work'. Even though he only left just over a week ago, or thereabouts, he couldn't help but think that, given all that had occurred, that it seemed like a longer time than it had actually been since he had actually seen his family. With his experience of Marasong, it wouldn't surprise him if there was some sort of time-meddling going on. Might that be one of the anomalous occurrences that Bernard had mentioned before, as reported by his friend? Maybe, and even in the chance he did get it right, Aódh knew that he didn't have the brains to contemplate the physics of time, or in the way a deviation from it could be called 'anomalous'.

But never mind time, this breeze had a bit of a nip to it. It might smell nice, but it made him wish he had brought a hoody or a jacket with along to the Loving Spoon. It was subtle enough that, along with the scent of the ocean, it made trying to detect any individual scent difficult. His sense of hearing though, was left intact, and even though they had paced a good bit away from it, Aódh detected the sound of the Loving Spoon's door opening, and with a glance backwards, he noticed that Rhevens lad with one of the cat's owners, holding each other's hands as well. Were they an item? Well, given that they were both werewolves, in a place like Marasong, it might be reasonable to suggest so. But he hadn't been here long enough to get enough of a grasp on the relational dynamics of the place. The main thing though, was that Rhevens was being led somewhere else. Him, and that other man, made the hairs on Aódh's neck bristle. Yet, as he had noted in the café, the woman 's smell didn't seem to be nausea-inducing. Did the scent of a given werewolf give an indication as to how powerful it was? Aódh ambled that thought around in his for a few moments before letting it walk off, instead turning to Bernard.

"So, Bernie, before we go off to help Jay with his boat, do ya mind, now that we've gotten away from everyone in the Loving Spoon, telling us about them strange phenomena your friend told ya about?"

Last edited:
Bill
With: silverwhere silverwhere , Out Of Words Out Of Words [Bug]

Bill wasted very little time before rooting around in the box full of stones. It was a little like looking for a needle in a haystack, finding the one magically charged rock in a box full of normal ones, but whatever. Bill had time. And her granny was always saying stuff about ‘magic attracting magic’, so maybe the rock would just fly into her hand. Or something. She didn’t really want to try and cast a spell, given everything that had gone wrong yesterday.

She wasn’t 100% sure what it is she was hoping for. Some kind of hint as to what was wrong with Marasong, maybe. Or maybe she was worried about some poor inert sod stumbling across it, having no clue what it was, getting themselves into trouble.

Or maybe it was the same impulsive curiosity that had driven her through most of her decisions in life. Why move to Dublin? To Marasong? Why flood the town? Because why not.

It had carried her this far. Maybe it’d carry her a little further.

She glanced over her shoulder to make sure nobody was shooting her an odd look.

r2Z3yg9.png
Bernard Greve
With: A reduction in numbers;
Interactions: Larry Larry Out Of Words Out Of Words xAlter xAlter (Jay) Only mentions: What the heck is this?
Art by leevolt on DeviantArt
Mood: Benign;

As the Dane hurriedly paced out of the stuffy diner, the cool air had a soothing effect upon him. Despite being this supernatural creature of the night that by its nature preys upon unsuspecting victims, it is a comfort to know a breeze could still affect him. Jay spoke to him and Aódh about assisting him with boat repairs. At first, he frowned at the very idea but mulling it over in his head revealed that it would not be a bad idea. His countenance became lighter as he spoke to the Korean. "I see no reason to deny your offer. Tread the path," With a wave of his hand. He invited Jay to lead.

The sauntering across the docks was inspirational in a way to Bernard. Not that he needed rousing, but humanity's struggle with everyday life as evidenced by the hardworking men and women of Marasong resonates with him. In his youth, Bernard had been a staunch idealist and bleeding heart. As time went on, his beliefs changed. No longer an optimist however not a cynic. While reminiscence of the past is always welcomed in Greve's eyes, he finds that Marasong is particularly effective at this. As if there is some permeable force in the background that nobody could detect consciously. Two weeks of endlessly toiling away in this town meant that Bernard might be subjected to higher dosages of this ethereal energy. He suspects that others—chiefly Aódh or Jay—to be ailed or have their doubts on the matter. He'll have to properly explain what his goals are to Aódh and possibly Jay. If he opened up about his suspicions regarding that Kai fellow being an immortal then he might look like a crackpot. So he'll lead with his recent findings and simply allude to the immortal.

Then as if by coincidence or fate, Bernard was quizzed by Aódh. He looked at the young man with a steeled expression then looked forwards. Simultaneously he kept his guard up in case anyone bothered to come too close. "I have noted several... Odd occurrences since my arrival to this quaint little town two weeks ago. The colleague that lead me here only provided snippets at first and I did not entirely have all details when I arrived," There had been a pause in his voice, he seemed... aggrieved. "So for the first few days, I had my hair in a mailbox. A Danish saying which means a tricky problem. So I adopted a passive observance policy which finally bore fruit yesterday..." Another pause. This time, he seemed sorrowful and a smidge of fear across his face. "It has come to my attention that there is a hypnotic hymn that plays during nighttime. This tune seems to have no concrete origin point which rules out some inhabitants playing music. But the psychological effects that I experienced were undeniable. You see, I am chiefly aware and self-conscious of anything that deigns to interfere with my psyche. So I already disliked this phenomenon. Even after awakening from my slumber, one that was quite forceful mind you," He gestured with his thumb towards his patches. "It continued to linger. If only I had a method to record such a vibration, though sadly neither my phone nor laptop had the means to do so. That was only the first oddity, the next is quite intriguing." Bernard certainly has a flair for the dramatics. Suspending his audience's anticipations. "I believe I am dealing with an... Immortal." He looked at the two expecting them to laugh or something. "That's right, a creature or rather human that is incapable of dying to time's march. That is what my colleague sent me here, evidenced by the envelope that came yesterday."

Collab boi

Roje & Dusk
Out Of Words Out Of Words

Roje gently shook her head "I'm not very hungry right now. Maybe I'll come back tonight for some dinner." she gave Tilly a closed mouth friendly smile and glanced at Dusk as he continued to play with her hair. He seemed so... Relaxed? Relieved? He wasn't tensed. Tilly suggested a walk around the town, but Roje wasn't sure if she should waste any more time in doing so. Silver, Indy, and herself came out to get answers, not indulge in the pleasures and delicacies that this world was oddly providing. She then thought about something, causing her eyebrows to furrow in confusion as the hazel gaze landed on her "Lover's" features "Dusk... How come you didn't ask how I knew your name? You never told me from the moment you walked into the diner." her voice was soft, almost like a murmur to him, wanting to be as quiet as she could be.

Dusk chuckled, sometimes watching as his fingers toyed with the strands of her hair. "Miranda greeted us by name when we came in." He wore a bemused grin, "And I believe I heard your name is.. Row Jay?"

"I could've not been paying attention for all you know." she pointed out "But yes, its Row-Jay. Different, Unique. Surely no one else could have a name like mine." she joked, smiling softly "There's a lot I want to talk about. A lot I want to say. But...Not here. Not like this. Too many." she pointed out, tilting her head a little toward the diner "Man if only you knew me right about now would help a shit ton." a small huff left her nostrils

Dusk dipped his head low, rubbing their noses together as he rumbled. "Well, since we're going to get married..." A smirk on his face with a little head nod toward the woman on the other side of their booth. "I think I should get to know you more?" It was proving to be a most amusing, and pleasantly so, morning.

Roje's stomach flipped as he mentioned marriage. Well damn. She never thought about marriage for as long as she's been alive. She bit her lip slightly and smiled a bit when he brushed his nose against hers "Mmm, slow down there, big boy." She gently drummed her finger on his chest "We can wait on marriage. But we can learn about eachother some more... just... maybe on a walk, yeah?"

Tilly must have overheard, or she had great fortune telling powers, because just a moment after Roje finished talking, a small bag with two food containers was set on the table. "Yer orders ta go." Beth started to turn around in protest, but Tilly laid a hand on the woman's shoulder and kept her in place. "Best be gettin' while the mornin's bright."

Dusk chuckled, and waited for Roje to slide out of the booth first, already taking the handles of the bag to carry it.

Thank God that her idea seemed to be encouraged the moment she spoke. Allowing her to scoot out of the booth "shortcake we'll be back. Probably. I don't know." She gave some space for Dusk and slowly moved toward the door. Wanting to just get out of the place for the time being. Knowing well she couldn't talk in there. (edited)

Dusk held the diner door open, unable to stop himself from smirking and tipping his invisible hat toward Tilly who was all but blocking Beth from leaving the booth to follow after them. With a chuckle, he followed Roje out, one hand placed lightly against the small of her back as he helped guide her throw a small crowd to a more open spot along the docks.

"Where to?"

Roje followed out with his help, for a town this small, there surely was plenty of people around "Wherever it could be just us. No eyes. No ears." might as well take advantage of the perk of being with her...well...Lover to an extent. "I have questions, many of them and...It seems the only face I could trust here is yours for...Various reasons."

Dusk pondered places while his hand settled on Roje's hip, keeping her next to him. "Hmm." He rumbled, still for about a minute before he started to walk and guided her alongside. "That's difficult in a small town. However, my boathouse isn't far." He grinned wolfishly and gestured farther down the docks, toward the West end.

Roje kept in pace with him, looking around at her surroundings in case of anything before hearing his solution. This made her laugh and shake her head "I mean, If that's the only place we got, then I'll take it. Maybe you'll get a few treats, depends how good you are." she winked, teasing him as she gently bumped him "lead the way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back