• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy IC for The "Ghosts" of Okoheller Woods (ALWAYS OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Samantha
The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

Sammy silently noted the hesitation of Frank, placing it in the puzzle pieces with the rest of the small hints he was giving, along with his winces and rubbing of his head. Was he getting a headache from thinking too hard? She felt surprised that he was thinking this hard about this, as he seemed to be the person who trusted ones too easily, jumped to how nice one seems to be. After silently waiting for a while, she smiled in a way that she hoped was grateful when Frank would find him with her. If Frank was keeping any secrets from her, Mr. Bloom would most likely expose them to her. She nodded silently, stepping around the table and opening up the flap, stepping outside.

The sun rays immediately came upon her skin, as she felt the warmth immediately. Now that she was away from the darkness, all her many tattoos were shown, along with her purple robe and tied up hair. She went to a sign near the tent, turning it around so it said “Closed” instead of “Open”. She didn’t have designated hours for her fortune tent: it just was closed some times and open others. She immediately scanned the area around her to see if she could see any sign of Mr. Bloom, attempting to remember what he looked like. She believed he wore fancy clothing, but that was all. She turned her head back, looking to see if Frank was behind her. Now, in the plain light, she could see who he was.

Mason
Stern LuLuLu Stern LuLuLu

Mason nodded absently to what Warren said, immediately forgetting it a second later. He only had enough money for one pastry, anyways. Maybe he would buy one and then split it up between them, instead of giving it all to Warren. He did say that he didn’t really like getting something without paying back in return. He scanned the items inside the window display, his mouth watering at the sight of them. Red Bean buns, cakes, doughnuts, all the necessities. Mason was trying to find not the simple flavors, like chocolate, but something a little more… mashed together. His face got closer to the display as he figured out what to get: a blueberry and raspberry tart with cinnamon and frosting.

“Let’s get that!” Mason smiled up at Warren, motioning to the tart. “Uh, unless you don’t like blueberry. Or raspberry. Or cinnamon. There’s probably more options.” And there were- yet, Mason wanted to get this one, simply because it was the only one he could afford. The rest were either in packs or simply a huge cake: this was just a normal sized pastry. Mason waddled over to a nearby table and placed his mountain of supplies on it, he wiping the sweat off his face, letting out a sigh of relief. Now that the supplies weren’t covering most of his body, a white tank top and black shorts were now visible, as he took out a 5 dollar bill from his pocket. This would be enough to pay for the treat. Now that he got the money from his pocket, he grabbed the supplies off the table again, wobbling a bit from the momentum, and went towards Warren again, handing the 5 dollars towards him. “Here! If you don’t wanna buy the tart I suggested, you can buy anything else that’s 5 dollars. You can buy a lot with that, you know, besides packs of treats and cake.”​

Last edited:
gxxberkit gxxberkit

Ivie furrowed her eyebrows, as if reflecting. She then let out an almost nervous laugh. "Heh, ah, yeah.." She never really thought too much about what others might say about her sister. Ivie was mostly off on her own explorations, doing her own thing. "Eh..she can do it, just..she's not.." She seemed to be struggling to find the words. "Uhh..y'know. Good. That's why she sucks. But she can get there..probably."

A look of surprise flickered through Ivie's face at the admittance of the older girl's lack of magic. "Dang, really? Thought all witches knew magic..huh." She shrugged. "Less learning you gotta do then, I guess. Lucky. Wish that were me." After a moment, the gears started turning in the kid's head, rethinking that. "Or maybe not. I just don't wanna see my teacher. Learning's boring. That's why I leave!" She grinned.

Ivie began whacking random things on the ground as they walked with her stick, half of her attention focused on listening to Theourgia talk. "Hm..still think the camp's boring. We should, like, go on field trips or something. Maybe I'd stay longer if we did." She kicked a nearby pebble, launching it into one of the bushes. "Or anything that's fun, really. I dunno."

Appearing to think of something, she looked over at Theourgia. "Hey, you ever see one of those townspeople before? I've been out here a whole bunch, but I've never seen one. Not yet, anyway. What do they even look like?"

Evie stopped, feeling how hard she was breathing as her eyes looked over the supposed witch, now that their closer. She felt part of her guard lower when she spotted the other's facial markings. "I..." She tried to collect herself, as she surveyed her own legs. They got a bit scraped from the fall, but nothing more than that at least. What a trip this has been. "I'm..I'm okay."

She sniffled, quickly wiping at her eyes. She couldn't look at the other witch. "Just..looking for someone." Evie paused, and only continued talking after taking a breath. "My sister. She leaves camp sometimes, and..she was gone for a while, so..I went looking for her." Panic proceeded to make itself known on her face. "U-Um, I don't usually leave camp, ever! I've never done this before! Please don't tell the coven, I don't want to get in trouble!"

Frank:
Frank followed Sammy out of the tent, taking notice of her appearance, and silently waiting for Sammy to switch the sign. Although there was no sign of Mr. Bloom, one might notice a bit of a hum of excitement and gossip, if close enough attention was paid, from citizens of the town scattered about, doing various activities. Frank was indeed present and accounted for when Sammy checked. Frank, now in the light showed a bit more details, he was a bit taller than Sammy, and the original assumption of his clothing was semi-correct, Frank was dressed in a white dress shirt, hat, and overalls, nothing too fancy, but just enough to be considered formal. Franks mustache was able to be seen a bit clearer, and no hair can be seen, the hat may hide some hair on the top of his head, but if so, it would be very little. Frank was still a bit nervous about Sammy and Mr. Bloom meeting up again, but he was a man of his word. However, word or not, Frank was on edge, even he knew that if the Boss said something to reveal Frank for who he was, embarrassment would be imminent, as a result, his eyes were darting back and forth trying to find where the Boss would be, so than he could send Sammy his way without initiating a conversation between the three of them.
Mr. Bloom:
As Mr. Bloom is finishing putting away his stock and earnings, his mind begins to trail to Frank, he has been at that tent for a while. After some time and consideration, Mr. Bloom concludes to finding Frank, he makes his way to the exit of the trailer, grabbing his hat, looking in the mirror quickly, and finally exiting the trailer, and just his luck that he would forget how they got to the tent. He begins wandering for a bit, at first confident that his abilities of navigation would guide him to the right place in town, and gradually getting more and more unsure of himself, until he finally resorted to asking someone in the town, who gave directions, which also happened to be quite a walk from where he was, nonetheless, he started going towards the tent.
Xeppy Xeppy

Last edited:
The floor boards of the small home creaked as Nathan moved across the rather cluttered room. Every surface- table, shelf, and floor- was covered in various pots containing a variety of plants and fungi. The only clear area was a thin path that allowed the lanky man to travel between rooms. At the moment, Nathan was making his way towards the nearby cupboard. His steps looked careless, but muscle memory kept him from trampling any of his companions. In his hands he gently held a bundle of flowers- the common dog violet to be specific. The base of the stems had been wrapped in twine, securing them together. He pulled open the cupboard revealing a number of hooks and hanging bundles of herbs. Carefully, he hooked the new flowers on one of the empty spaces, holding it steady to prevent it from swaying. Nathan took note of how each sample was drying before closing the cupboard once more. It was a shame they needed darkness to dry properly; Nathan would've much preferred hanging them out in the open where he could admire their beauty. He didn't pay much mind to the thought though, as all things require a little time alone now and then. Nathan looked around his small home. He had certainly spent enough alone time for today.
"Sorry, everybody," He began, addressing his audience of herbs. "But you guys aren't much of conversationalists." Nathan took large steps towards his front door, only stopping to slip on his shoes and grab a thin, dark coat. "I'll be back though, so try not to burn everything down." With that, the tall man exited his house and stepped out into the sunlight.
It was a relatively nice day out, one where most people probably wouldn't need a coat, but Nathan had brought his along for a different reason. He slipped on the jacket before throwing his hood up in an attempt to try and conceal his face. Today, Nathan planned on visiting the town just outside the forest. While it wasn't his first time being around normal people, there was still something intriguing about them. The coat was simply a way to try and draw less attention to himself. As a 6'6 man with large scar-like markings along his face and brightly colored eyes, he certainly stuck out like a sore thumb. With less of his face visible, he would appear less odd.
Maybe I'll grab some of that face covering makeup while I'm there, he thought as he trudged through the woods, being careful not to trip on any of the unearthed roots. The thought of him applying makeup simply to hide out among humans made him smile. It felt dumb, but he wanted to be around others. And he had never been good at socializing with those in the coven. People in the coven enjoyed discussing their techniques and forms of practice, but it felt too private to him. Maybe it's because he had been a solitary witch before finding the coven. Maybe it was something he would get over in time. He shrugged his shoulders, uttering softly, "Maybe."

Last edited:
Samantha

Sammy cocked her head a bit as she noted how nervous this man Frank was being, although it wasn’t news by now. Was he trying to find Mr. Bloom from where they were standing currently? Hmm. She couldn’t say anything though- wasn’t she just doing that? Now that they were in broad daylight, she quickly examined him, seeing his formal clothing, mustache, and little or no hair. Now that she wasn’t sitting at the same level as him, she arched her head up, him being noticeably a few inches taller than her, as she opened her mouth, about to say something, before she heard someone holler at her. She noticeably jumped again, before waving at the person in the distance. One of her usual customers. She wasn’t surprised that someone yelled out to her, as this part of town was usually filled with people, as lots of activities were placed near here.

She let out a puff before speaking to Frank, saying, “It seems like he’s not around here. He’ll probably be later, considering how much people linger around here.” As she would always do when idle, she unbraided her hair and let the bun down, ready to braid it and place it back up again. She held strands of her purple hair in between her fingers, braiding it again as she spoke to Frank. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a tent or a car to camp out in, knowing how much he travels around. Maybe we could try looking for one of those? I highly don’t believe that he would be in the woods, so possibly he could be in an inn, or in between the woods and the town.“

She finished her first braid, moving in to the second strand of hair, looping the individual strands in and out of each other. She looked at Frank’s mustache, then gave a small smile, speaking her thoughts, “I wonder if you could braid that. It might be long enough. I could gladly do it for you if so.” Ever since she started doing her hair in the way it was, she had always been doing braids, so much so that when she started doing them, she didn’t need to concentrate on the movements. She then stopped looking at Frank, focusing on the crowd again, before she saw a fancily dressed one walking towards the tent. She narrowed her eyes at the man, wondering if that was who they were looking for.

”Could that be the man?” She asked Frank, still staring at the potential Mr. Bloom.​

"It looks good I will go with what you recommend." Warren gladly accepted the money from Mason and went to order the same pastry. Looking at all the different sweets and treats that are on the other side of the window made him think that anything ordered from here would be delicious. Making his order of the flavorful tart Mason pointed out. He then went to sit next to Mason once he received it and he offered half of it to him the thinking he would want to have some too. Eating his half of the tart he couldn't help but let out his feelings about it."This is really delicious thanks for the pick. So do you come often, and is there a lot to do here? I would like to try some local things."

withinasapphire withinasapphire

As the two walked through the forest, Theourgia surveyed the woods around them. She gave a confused look at Ivie's mention of lack of led field trips. "When I was younger, we had field trips often. We don't do that anymore?"

She placed her hands on her hips, listening to the question. "Oh, yeah," she began, "I've seen tons of townspeople. They look exactly like us, but without all the markings. You know?" Theourgia paused a moment. "Pretty boring to look at, really. And really easy to mess with." Looking down at Ivie, she smiled. "You'd probably like to meet them."

"What? N-no, no, I won't do that. Actually, I'd probably, I'd probably get in trouble, too," Rosa held her arms out in alarm. "I'm, I'm actually, I'm actually looking for someone too.. my own sister. You, I.. were you not the person that made the alarm?"

She blanked out with a confused stare for a moment before shaking her head. "We should find them. Right? I, I think it'll, it'll be better if we help each other." She stood and held her arm out to Evie. "We can get them and head, head back quickly enough.. Maybe the coven won't notice."

(So sorry for the late reply)
Frank:
Frank was still on high alert, eyes trying to find his employer, but as Sammy jumped his concentration shifted towards Sammy, taking note of the general popularity of this certain location. Upon Sammy fidgeting with her hair, Frank takes note, but doesn't say anything. As Sammy is discovering more and more of Mr. Bloom and his trends, he starts getting nervous again, how much could Sammy already know, could she already know that Frank is a partner with Mr. Bloom and just be playing along with Frank's little fib for amusement? Franks overcomplicating thoughts were interrupted by Sammy's question and offer, a bit flustered and confused at the question Frank stuttered a bit "W-Well" and before he could answer he followed Sammy's gaze to meet the person in question, and it was indeed, Mr. Bloom. Already nervous Frank started to think of the consequences and outcomes of his following statement, an activity that made him think much too hard, this can be obvious on the outside, even stealing some glances from people in the crowd. He could either accept that it was Mr. Bloom, and perhaps try to make it seem like they've meet before, but aren't closely tied, but that could end in Mr. Bloom immediately revealing his 'secret identity' Frank concludes that this is too risky. Secondly, he could lie to Sammy, try to hide from Mr. Bloom and wait it out, on the other hand, Mr. Bloom might be looking for him and eventually find him, his little fib crashing down on him. Also risky. He opted for the first option, stopping his ridiculous composure. "Yes I believe that's our man."
Mr. Bloom:
Finding that oaf of a man Frank was easier said than done, after a bit more wandering, this time with a nice visual picture in his head, he wandered towards the section of town where Frank was last seen. Looking around briefly at the crowd, he took note of the time, place, and approximate number of people, yes, this would be a good place to sell goods. He continued looking around, but this time, he felt another type of stare, this time much more noticeable, these stares were accompanied by the occasional giggle, snicker, and other nonsensical giddy noises. This activity was indeed highly suspicious, half of these people he was almost certain he hadn't met before, did he have something on his face, no, he checked in the mirror when he left the trailer. Mr. Bloom finally spotted Frank, that idiot, looking like he was trying to solve a lifelong question, and started making his way over to Frank, as Frank said something to someone by him, no longer looking like a toddler solving basic additive math.

Xeppy Xeppy

Nathan continued his casual meandering until he reached the edge of the forest. He looked at the ground that lay between two communities as if he would spot some kind of line drawn between them. No line existed, but Nathan could've sworn he felt something as he walked into the town. Apprehensively, he tugged at the hood of his coat. Now it was time to rehearse his lines. For those brave enough to call out the giant, they often had to questions for him: what happened to his face, and why were his eyes such a strange color. His markings were easy to write off- a renegade branch had caught him in its path to the forest floor- but his eyes. Those were trickier. Sure, his left eye could be bunched in with the widow maker story, but his right eye? Not many are born with orange eyes. Genetics, he thought casually. He imagined that would be sufficient for the general public.
The town was quaint- identical houses and the occasional tree adorning a front yard. Nathan tried to imagine what it would be like to live a mundane life. He would probably still own a copious amount of plants, but would he feel the same connection to them as he does now. And normal people have boring jobs. His face scrunched up at the thought. He had been to a grocery store before, but he couldn't imagine actually working at one of those places. He paused for a moment. No wonder those people always look so lifeless. I don't understand how they carry on.
He let his bright eyes scan over the people, trying to pick out those who seemed to despise existing the most. The first notable person was a portly man with an enormous mustache. He worry such a worried expression, it was almost like his face was crumpling in on itself. It was almost amusing; Nathan wondered what the man could've been thinking about to cause him such distress. The man then turned to a woman who looked nothing like those around her. Nathan was almost taken aback; the woman's eyes were purple, as was her hair. She had a number of swirling patterns and designs decorating her skin. Was this woman a witch? There was no way. He had never met her in the coven. Perhaps she was from a neighboring coven, or from out of town. A smile twisted onto Nathan's face as his curiosity grew. He took large strides, walking towards the two people. He did his best to make it seem like he wasn't making a bee-line straight to them, but his desire to understand was almost predatory. He had to know. Who were these two strange individuals?

Xeppy Xeppy The Plaid Man The Plaid Man (I know Bloom is also approaching so if you want him to reach them first, that's fine by me)

Samantha
The Plaid Man The Plaid Man Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Sammy’s face twisted into blankness again when she noticed Frank’s worry, immediately thinking that he may have been along the lines of “an open book”, everyone immediately knowing what he was thinking and feeling. She could tell he was nervous, but if he was doing this so she would give up, he had another thing coming. She nodded slightly at the man when he confirmed her thought, her turning back to what they now confirmed was Mr. Bloom. He seemed to notice them- well, mostly Frank, Sammy thought- and started walking over to them. Instead of walking up to Mr. Bloom and meeting him half way of his destination, she simply adjusted her pose of what would seem “casual” and looked around.

If Mr. Bloom was a man who scammed people, he probably didn’t want others recognizing him, such as someone like Sammy, so in an order to appear like she didn’t, she stopped staring at him. She instead tried to find a different thing to look at. She finished her second strand of hair, pulling her hair up to make a bun, weaving the braids into it. She first frowned at small little strands still poking down by the sides of her, before she turned around slightly, eying part of the crowd, feeling someone’s eyes on them. She always had people looking at her: either in her fortune tent or just in general, due to her purple hair, eyes, and black tattoos. She’d been used to people staring at her, yet every time, she’d always turned around to see who it was. Her eyes swept the people there, her looking at everyone, before she landed on one last one. Were they tall! Sammy wasn’t the tallest, so anyone taller than her always seemed at least 7’5. This one was taller than most, however. Even taller than the tall one next to her. As the person was faced towards them, Sammy could see a slight part of their face underneath their hoodie: what seemed like orange eyes, and a little bit of redness. They seemed to be heading their direction, although this was a popular part of the town. They may even be trying to see if the fortune tent is open. After a second, she broke off of staring at them. They stood out a lot in the crowd, but if Sammy was honest, so did she. She never liked it when someone gaped at her because of her appearance. It may have been the case for this one. Instead, she shifted her gaze again to Mr. Bloom, seeing if he caught up to them.

Mason
Stern LuLuLu Stern LuLuLu

As Warren came back over with the tart, Mason placed down the supplies again, walking over to sit with him. When Warren offered half, Mason hesitated for a moment, giving him a look as in, You’re sure?, before taking the tart, immediately placing it inside his mouth without a moments hesitation. Immediately, as he sank his teeth into the bread, his eyes lit up with a feeling of sweetness and sugar. Although he made the suggestion to Warren, he never actually tried this out for himself before. His father only let him buy foods if he shared, since they didn’t have the pleasure of money to buy everything for a specific person, and believe it or not, his father didn’t like cinnamon. Or raspberry. Or blueberry. Or basically anything sweet. Although Mason loved this bakery, he seemed to barely go here unless gazing at all the pastries.

He nodded eagerly, agreeing with Warren’s statement of how delicious it was, and then shook her head. “Technically, you picked the treat, so we should be thanking you!” Mason took another bite of the tart, staring off into space, feeling something buzz in his body whenever he ate something sweet: a sugar rush. How much sugar was in this tart? This is only half of one! It did seem like it had a lot of sugary components to it, however, and Mason was terrible about not getting giddy with sugar.

Mason raised his eyebrows at Warren’s question, staring down at the remaining little chunk of the tart left. Does he come here often? He contemplated about the answer, wondering if he really did come here, before giving the best answer he could. “Uh, well, I think I’m what you call a local here, cause my dad lives here, and I live here with him. I’m not sure what local things would be, instead of exploring the woods. Everyone’s obsessed with that. But, yeah, there’s a lot of things to do here. There’s a popular place in town with a bunch of activities. People usually hang out there. Other than that, I think it’s a pretty normal town. Just a bunch of shops and houses. I guess a local thing would just be shopping a bunch? There’s a crazy amount of stores here.” He smiled and finished off his tart, seeing is Warren finished his.​

Frank:
Frank tries to keep his head down in desperate hopes that Mr. Bloom hadn't seen him and would just continue walking to somewhere else, alas, he would just be delaying the inevitable, something caught his eye, a tall man in the crowd, even taller the Mr. Bloom, with strange looking facial features, he looks over to see Sammy noticing the same exact thing. His head quickly goes back down, no one want's to be caught looking at someone else, after all, who's mother hasn't taught them that it isn't polite to stare? Still, this, anomaly, was burned into the back of his head, not his height, but the amazement of how they made a hoodie of such strange proportions, he can barely find things his size, and he's not even that large. Checking back with Mr. Bloom's location, hoping to find that he had found his way out of the area, but any time before Mr. Bloom could catch up with them is time before Frank had to fake it until he makes it.
Mr. Bloom:
Mr. Bloom did indeed catch up with Frank and the stranger by him. now that they were not surrounded by people he could have a better look at the person Frank was talking to, and she was quite, how to put it, superfluous, to say the least, in his opinion, sure purple's a great color, but only to a certain point, after you've crossed that point, it's just overdoing yourself. Another giggle put his train of thought back on track. "Frank, am I glad to see you" he feel like his paranoia has reached an all time high, like that weird feeling he's had ever since he's gotten into this weird town, is getting closer, he tries to catch a glance behind him while not drawing any attention, from the little he can see, there's a giant a good distance behind him. Just the glance of the figure gave him a dose of adrenaline, well great, yet another weirdo. He turns his attention back towards the mysterious stranger that Frank is with, it's probably no one he's been around very long, seeing as Frank, in Mr. Bloom's opinion is the largest mass of unintelligent organic mass in the world, with the charisma of a clam. Nevertheless, might as well make friendly conversation, who knows what you get from a nice glimpse into someone's train of thought. Mr. Bloom sticks his hand out to the stranger by Frank "Hello there, my name is Mr. Bloom, it seems you've met Frank, I am his associate" Mr. Bloom flashed a smile and on the inside of his head he was groaning at his own kindness. That's the thing with Mr. Bloom's charisma, he can always give the most sincere expressions even if he feels the exact opposite, but after fine-tuning his outward emotion just enough to make it seem just the right level of gusto to sell something, while not overdoing it to a level of blatant lying, like plastic fruit, it would be an honorable attempt to make something perfect, but just, well, too much perfection.
Xeppy Xeppy Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness

Samantha

“I knew it!”

This was the first thought that went into her head when Mr. Bloom went over to them and acknowledged Frank. It always made her feel accomplished where she had a feeling about something, and this feeling turned out to be correct. Still, she remained straight faced, raising her eyebrows at the man as if she was just meeting him. She nodded while he was introducing himself before giving a jump of a sudden burst of giggling behind them. She turned around, only to notice a group of people staring at them- or, specifically, was it Mr. Bloom? She turned around casually again to force a smile to hide her surprise of how genuine Mr. Bloom seemed. She expected him to be… different than this.

She brought out her hand to meet his, already stretched out. “It’s my pleasure, Mr. Bloom. My name is Samantha Ellis, but if it fits your needs, you may call me Sammy. I am the owner of the tent behind us. I don’t think Frank has told me that you two were associates, though. What are you partners in?” She smiled at Frank with the hidden meaning of, Why would you keep this a secret, but agree to lead me to Mr. Bloom?

(Sorry for the late reply!)​

Mr. Bloom:
"The Pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Ellis, Fr-" "Actually, I am not a partner of his, just a customer" Mr. Bloom turned with a confused look to Frank, did he have the audacity to lie about his association with him? No, that can't be right, Mr. Bloom is the smart, charismatic person here, so why would Frank deny their extensive history together. Mr. Bloom doubts that it is some sort of long con to gain money, but Frank has surprised him before, so Mr. Bloom opts to play along "Yes, by the way, how has that lotion been working for you Frank?" Hopefully that will give Frank enough to bite on for a story.
Frank:
As Mr. Bloom was talking with Samantha, Frank knew that things were going south fast and he had to think fast, but, as previously mentioned, that wasn't his strong suit and half cobbled together a story, hopefully Mr. Bloom will pick up on the hint and he can salvage this conversation with little awkwardness socially. "-how has that lotion been working for you Frank?" Amazing! Mr. Bloom got the hint, in addition added a bit more to his dilapidated story "Oh fine, thank you Mr. Bloom." Using Mr. Bloom's name still was uncomfortable, and Frank was thinking that talking back to Mr. Bloom could only lead to good things, which, to anyone with more brains than a monkey could know that was obviously the wrong idea. Frank's thought process was interrupted by a tall man behind Mr. Bloom, with very, how to put it, memorable features, his gaze was something Frank definitely wanted to avoid for some reason ( Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness )
Xeppy Xeppy
(Sorry I took so long, I've been way too busy)

Nathan's pace slowed considerably when he noticed a new individual approaching the two. He couldn't see the front of the man from where he stood, but simply based on the man's outfit, he seemed like the eccentric type. At this point, Nathan had stopped walking all together. Instead he refocused on the first two. He caught the woman's gaze first, but she was quick to look away. This was a typical response people had in regards to his appearance. His height alone was usually enough to intimidate most. The thought of this possible-witch being frightened of him made his lips curl up. Next he looked over to the stockier man, but found he was already looking at him. Nathan blinked in surprise, but recovered quickly. He grinned and waved a spidery hand. Much like the woman, the man quickly looked for anything else to focus on. Nathan took this moment to continue towards them.
"Is there some sort of convention going on?" He began. Now standing amongst the group, he took note of the well dressed man. Nathan's guess seemed to be correct, at least judging by the man's facial hair. "I don't imagine a bunch of societal oddities would gather out of coincidence, though," Nathan patted his jacket pockets as if looking for something. "It seems I lost my invitation."
( The Plaid Man The Plaid Man Xeppy Xeppy Sorry for the incredibly late response, but here it is)

Samantha

Sammy's head cocked to the right as she heard Mr. Bloom's and Frank's banter among themselves, then raised her eyebrows when Mr. Bloom agreed with Frank. She frowned slightly at this: she thought she was right with her theory. Then again, she's a fake fortune teller: when is she ever right? But why did Frank seem uncomfortable with talking to Mr. Bloom, especially when saying his name? The way Frank would say it caused many questions to pop in Sammy's head, but she got rid of them thinking, Oh, he might be embarrassed to admit that he bought lotion. Maybe the lotion was for something he doesn't want others to know about. That might be why he's uncomfortable. Of course, that's it!

She failed to get rid of the questions that were suddenly appearing in her thoughts, though, as she silently tried to solve them before hearing the words, "...It seems I lost my invitation."

Sammy jumped and turned around, taking a few steps back from the sudden voice that wasn't there before. Her adrenaline raised with the fear of what she didn't know was suddenly there: she was too lost in thought to see anything arrive. This inevitably caused her to bump into Frank, which caused her to get startled more. She stepped back from Frank, eyes filled with alarm, misplacing her foot while walking backwards, and slammed to the ground.

She only stayed on the ground for a second, eyes closed, before making them bolt open, searching for the thing that made the voice earlier. As her eyes landed on the man, her composure became more relaxed, although still a little still, as the fear drained out of her. Oh. So, she was right: the man was coming towards them. She didn't guess that he would come talk to them, though. She made a small laugh at her circumstance before examining the man. She could see brown strands of hair coming out from the man's hoodie, although she couldn't really see anything else that she hadn't already seen. Did they have orange eyes as she had suspected earlier, however? It could just be the lighting.

She picked herself up, although a little wobblier than needed, and laughed again. This man most likely appeared while Sammy was inconveniently thinking to herself, although she didn't imagine she would be so lost in her head as if to miss out on hearing him coming. A strand fell out of Sammy's hair, the hair she just redid. She frowned at herself as she examined her robe, trying to point out the dirt that was on it.

She made a disapproving hm and said, "I just redid my hair as well." She sighed, although she didn't really mind too much, and looked up at the man. "I'm sorry, what were you saying? You lost an invitation?"​

Frank:
Frank was half watching the man when he spoke, seeing as he was facing where he was coming from, so he wasn't expecting it when Sammy bumped into him, luckily he caught himself before he fell down as well, but his hat dropped to the ground, he looked where Sammy fell, and tried helping her up, even though she was already mostly up. Frank was facing the man so he caught was he was saying before his remark about the invitations, and could only pray that Mr. Bloom wouldn't make a scene when he blew up at the man, if he heard what this mystery man said prior to butting into the conversation. He turned around to grab his hat to find that Mr. Bloom had already picked it up and was handing it to him. Frank took it, placed it back on his head and looked back to the strange man, what a specimen, tall, and if Frank was any less wise he would call him ugly. The wave that Frank caught a glimpse of was enough to sell the look. To put it bluntly, he thought this guy was from some poorly funded horror movie.
Mr. Bloom:
Mr. Bloom saw a business opportunity where Frank saw a freak, Mr. Bloom saw a wallet waiting to be emptied. At first, yes he was indeed mad, calling their little troupe a group of 'Social Oddities' as he called them, in fact, he was quite red in the face, that was, until he saw the man, completely abnormal, sticking out like a sore thumb among the crowd. Mr. Bloom couldn't count the number of eyes on this person, and Sammy, once she fell, that is. He picked Frank's hat up, eyes transfixed on this man, what a story that scar must carry. Perhaps this man could redeem his reputation in Mr. Bloom's eyes, after all, people have made worse offenses, and have still gotten in his social circle, he means Frank, of course. He was almost certain he could weasel a few dollars from this man, though he had to be careful with his approach, if he tries selling something too early, he might step on Sammy's toes and offend the man, yes, he has to get the man alone first, then he can work individually with the two, after all, something tells Mr. Bloom Sammy might need a different hair spray product, and this man, well, he needs a lot of things, starting with better social skills. Mr. Bloom straightened his tie, and pretended to just notice the man was referring to him and his group. "Sammy, I believe he assumed us to be members of a convention that he was not invited to" Hopefully that'll give enough social space for everyone to wiggle until they become acquainted.

Nathan watched as the situation turned on its head. He couldn't help but blink in surprise. One on the ground, and two with sour expressions. Tough crowd, he thought to himself. Clearly the joke hadn't landed how he had expected, but maybe amongst strangers that was the only way such a joke would play out. Nathan lifted his hands in defense. "My bad, didn't me to step on anyone's toes. I just didn't figure you guys to identify with the average person. My mistake," He shrugged, letting his arms drop back down by his side. His mismatched eyes scanned over the three, but caught on the taller man. His face was red, presumably with rage. He had mentioned the woman's name: Sammy. She was really the only reason Nathan had approached the strange group. He wanted to find out if she was like him- a witch.
"Sorry about your hair, by the way." He began. "I can't imagine how hard doing something like that is." He pulled his hood back to reveal the tousled dark hair that sat on his head. The marks on his face were now more easily visible. He figured if she was a witch, maybe she would recognize the odd pattern- and then maybe she would give him some kind of sign.
Xeppy Xeppy The Plaid Man The Plaid Man (Wish the was a fire reaction cause my god, you lit this man on fire)

Samantha

(Jeez, I feel so bad for Nathan thinking that Sammy is a witch when she isn't)

Sammy nodded at Mr. Bloom, speaking the soft words of, "I see."

Convention? Sammy thought about why this man would think that before eying the men she was talking to before he arrived: a vibrant, fancy clothed man and another fancy clothed man with a walrus mustache. There was also the case of herself: a woman with uncommon colors and much tattoos. She now eyed the new man who had arrived: a mysteriously hooded giant who seems to have uncommon eye colors. She could see how he thought this was a weird convention, and why he wanted to be invited in, as Mr. Bloom had said. The man seemed surprised at what had happened, which made Sammy silently curse at herself. He was most likely trying to do make a friendly and easy conversation, and Sammy's freakiness, as usual, got in the way. She nodded again at the remark of the man apologizing, brushing the strand of hair out of her face, and opened her mouth when he started mentioning her hair.

She slightly smiled with amusement and spoke softly, saying, "And you're saying this to a woman's hair instead of to these men's suits, or better yet, facial hair." She looked over to Mr. Bloom and Frank, and the message was quite clear when looking at how embellished they looked.

The smile immediately slipped off her face when looking at the man's face: scars. Or what looked like scars. What in the world happened there? It looked quite frightening- especially with the right eye obviously pale with those scars near it. She traced the area of her face where the general scars of the man's face were, questioning, "My, what happened? Are those scars? Or..." She paused, lowering her hand. Multi-colored eyes. Marks on face. Was he somewhat like her, with her colored eyed and hair and tattoos? Did he have a job that made for these sorts of things, like her job, a fortune teller? She left her mouth open for a second, thinking on what to ask the man, before deciding to say, "...or do you have those marks because of another reason?" One look at her, or at least in her opinion, screams a magic act. Surely the man could know what she was talking about when seeing her, her basically asking if the marks were handmade or fake. She couldn't afford having another fortune teller tent or other magic act in this town. She had to know.​

Frank:
Frank was watching the two interact, slowly drifting away from the conversation, realizing this might be a good opportunity to explain Samantha's origin and how he met her, along with how to get him to continue acting along with his lie he's been trying to base Sammy's view of him on. He swayed into Mr. Bloom's arm, always a good indicator for the want of an aside. When he got Mr. Bloom's attention he motioned his head for an aside. Mr. Bloom complied, and they turned away for a moment, and Frank quietly and quickly whispered to Mr. Bloom "I met Sammy, we don't know each other besides the one purchase I made, get it?" "Got it." "Good." their whispers drowned by the various other conversations going on around them. Frank turned back towards the other two barley missing a beat in the conversation. Frank adjusted his hat and then looked back at the stranger, he couldn't help but stare, it was just so out of the norm of him to see so...much from one person, and he's been around a lot. Upon thinking this, Frank began going down a 'memory lane' recalling memories of all the fun times Mr. Bloom and he had along the years.
Mr. Bloom:
Mr. Bloom was listening intently. "-instead of to these men with men's suits, or better yet, facial hair." Mr. Bloom was taken aback from this comment, thinking to himself 'Has facial hair really become that rare in this area?' nevertheless, he still listened to Sammy's questions to this man, wow they were moving fast, discussing history before introductions, what a ruthless social approach. Frank pulled Mr. Bloom to the side and whispered a few words to him. Once he came back around, he waited a few more moments for Sammy to finish, and then flashed a smile at the man, and stuck his hand out to him "I apologize interrupting, but, well, someone's got to introduce you to everyone, I am Pennywhistle, but you can call me Mr. Bloom, this nice woman that you startled is Samantha, and that gentleman over there is Frank, I am not sure I caught your name, however"

(I like the uncertainty for him. Keeps everything interesting)

Nathan watched as Sammy brushed the hair back from her face before mentioning the facial hair of the gentlemen beside them. He took another moment to examine the two in full. He supposed she was right, but as far as he knew beards were fairly simple with the right genetics- all it took was some kind of gel. "I guess, but I could never imagine trying to manage more hair than what I've already got." He shrugged the idea off. Nathan's eyes darted to the two gentlemen as they stepped aside, whispering. For a moment, he considered enhancing his ability to hear- the thought was certainly enticing, but with the surrounding noise level all he would end up with was a headache.
He redirected his gaze to Sammy. Her smile had quickly been traded out for a look of curiosity and concern. She traced her own face, mapping out his markings on her own petite face. Nathan watched curiously. It was an odd thing to watch, and he had the thought to just let her feel the markings for herself, but with how well his introduction went he figured this would only end poorly as well.
"My, what happened? Are those scars? Or..." Sammy paused, and Nathan felt like leaping at her. He understood that as a witch you had to be careful what you said around humans, but god he just wanted her to spit it out at this point. "...or do you have those marks because of another reason?"
A grin twisted along his face. She was a witch. That question solidified the thought. Nathan opened his mouth, eager to let her know that she was right, but was quickly cut off. Nathan's eyes narrowed at the taller man. When did they come back?
"I apologize interrupting, but, well, someone's got to introduce you to everyone, I am Pennywhistle, but you can call me Mr. Bloom, this nice woman that you startled is Samantha, and that gentleman over there is Frank, I am not sure I caught your name, however" The taller man- Mr. Bloom- smiled with a hand out stretched. Nathan hesitated for a moment before flashing his own smile.
"Nathaniel, but you can call me Nathan if that suits you better." He took a hold of Mr. Bloom's hand and shook it firmly. "It's certainly a pleasure meeting you Mr. Bloom, Frank, Samantha." He let his bright eyes meet each of theirs as he spoke their names.
Xeppy Xeppy The Plaid Man The Plaid Man
(I hope we keep this misconception up lol)

Last edited:
Samantha

Sammy creased her eyebrows from confusion when this man seemed to be joyed with her statements earlier, grinning wildly. Why would that be? Did he not understand the question she had asked earlier? The man opened his mouth, and Sammy waited for an explanation of his joyfulness before Mr. Bloom started speaking. As she processed Mr. Bloom's words, she quickly tried to erase any signs of embarrassment that was quickly filling inside her. How could she forget to introduce herself? She spends her time giving her name out to strangers in a tent, for goodness sake! To her, this was a new low for a scammer. She felt like a child, having to have somebody else speak for her when she could gladly do so herself.

After Nathanial finished his introduction with eyes full of brightness, Sammy bit her lip, trying to fix her earlier mistake. "It's a delight to meet you, Nathanial. I do apologize for not introducing myself earlier- I did indeed seem to get a little too excited with your marks. As Mr. Bloom here said, my name is indeed Samantha, but you are welcome to call me Sammy. I run a tent at this town. If you stop by, we could have a little talk, like I've had with Frank." She looked at Frank, recalling the discussion they had in her tent earlier before searching for Mr. Bloom, which then caused them to bump into Nathanial here. It was hard to believe this was all a coincidence.

Sammy noticed a mutter around them as she turned to look at the crowd of people, buzzing while looking at them, with there being more giggles than when Mr. Bloom had arrived. They must've looked like a strange group of people bunched together, especially now that Nathanial was here with them, without his hoodie on. She simply waved at the groups of people that had apparently taken an interest in them. Nothing happens in this town.

Sammy looked over to Mr. Bloom and Frank again before a question rushed into her head that caused her to think. Why are they wearing such similar outfits? Although Mr. Bloom's was much more colorful, they both wore similar fine clothing that had the same items, such as the dress shirts and pants. Could that really be such a coincidence? Or did they just happen to dress the same? It does happen sometimes. Frank did mention how he was a customer of Mr. Bloom's, but they only mentioned lotion. Could Frank have also purchased a suit as well?

"Pardon me, Frank, but I couldn't help look at your suit. It looks quite similar to Mr. Bloom's. Did you purchase that as well?" Sammy asked quietly. She couldn't believe that this conversation hadn't popped up before with their showy outfits.

(LOL, it does make it more interesting between them, having different imaginations of what's happening)​

Last edited:
Frank:
Frank raised his hat as Nathan acknowledged him, and placed it back on is head. "-Did you purchase that as well?" darn. Another bluff called by Sammy, the gears started turning in his head, how was he going to get out of this one? But luckily Mr. Bloom interrupted his thought process "No, I recommended a clothing store to him." Upon this sentence being uttered, Frank started gaining a greater appreciation for Mr. Bloom, his quick thinking carried his lack of social skills through this conversation. Frank nodded after Mr. Bloom finished. Frank then again lied dormant in the conversation a while waiting for his turn to speak, thinking to himself 'I haven't seen Nathan around town, sure I've only been here for an afternoon, but he's just so...bizarre, I feel like someone would have mentioned him to me.'
Mr. Bloom:
Mr. Bloom is starting to feel like Frank is just dead conversation weight now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Mr. Bloom, upon Sammy's inquiry thinks to himself that he has to be careful around her, she seems like the curious type, and well, lets just say that wouldn't be too good for Mr. Bloom if she asks what the ingredients are in his products, half of the time even he doesn't know what he puts in there. After this thought he looks back at Nathan, waiting for him to answer the questions Sammy posed, after all, it wouldn't be too bad for those questions to be answered, he too would like to probe a bit at his life. However, in addition to waiting for Nathan to answer Sammy's questions, he was also formulating a sales pitch, scar healing tonic, colored contact lenses, and well, whatever other problems Nathan might have. Who knows, with how seemingly out of touch Nathan seems, it could be quite easy to squeeze a bit more money out of him
(I am so sorry for the late reply)
Deadly Darkness Deadly Darkness Xeppy Xeppy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back