• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy IC for The "Ghosts" of Okoheller Woods (ALWAYS OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Apparently," Cassandra said with a shrug. "We try to keep to ourselves, though. I've got a few friends down below who still remember the real old days in Salem. It's... a touchy subject, shall we say. But you seem rather interested and enthusiastic, so I'll take you back to our campsite. We've got to decide what to do about this whole mess, though I can think of a few possibilities right off the top of my head."

withinasapphire withinasapphire

Theourgia winced at the mention of magic. No, I couldn't, she thought with a huff. She tilted her head forward, furrowing her brows. "You really have an adventurous spirit, huh?" She shuffled slightly. "Strength, or, well, brute force magic, isn't all you need to fend off people that want to capture or hurt you, you know. You need the wisdom and knowledge you get from growing up, and you need tact. Most kids, including you, don't have that."

She got up and placed her hands on her hips, "that's why we keep you kids inside the camp. There's still a big chance you could get hurt, no matter how good at magic you are."

She paused, thinking, before continuing. "And your parents are really missing out not being out here," she smiled, "It's really fun to mess with the people out here, right? I won't bring you back to camp, since I don't feel like going back and my day out isn't over yet, either. Instead, I'll chaperone you. That way you won't get in trouble. Not with the coven itself, anyway. Maybe your parents."

Extending her hand to the child, she asked, "what do you think?"

Rosa quietly ventured through the forest, trying to find anyone else in the brush. Her eyes shifted, looking through the trees and bushes. She was sure to run into someone soon, right? Maybe they could help find the source of the alarm. She pulled her hood down, lowering herself to the ground in a crouch walk.

"Apparently," Cassandra said with a shrug. "We try to keep to ourselves, though. I've got a few friends down below who still remember the real old days in Salem. It's... a touchy subject, shall we say. But you seem rather interested and enthusiastic, so I'll take you back to our campsite. We've got to decide what to do about this whole mess, though I can think of a few possibilities right off the top of my head."

“Mess? ..Possibilities?” Ben didn’t quite see this scenario the same way as the witch and neither did he understand it at first - why finding out about them might possibly be a problem, but he was getting to go to their secret lair! That was all that Ben could really care about. Well, that, but also all the deliciously interesting information Cassandra let slip. “And what about your friends down below? Can I meet them??” He had mused, imagining something like a deep cave where they do their rituals before cutting his pause. “Woah- wait wait wait!! let me get my backpack!” And with a spring to his step, Ben rushed to his shelter, coming back, holding the straps that clung to his shoulders. “Ready!”

Warren was a bit shocked when Mason said no to his offer to pay him to be a guide. Most people would just take it. He then paused to think about what he should do next."Alright but I do wish to pay you back somehow you are taking time out of your day to show me around the town. An it don't sit with me too well for you to do it without something in return."Growing up the way Warren did he knows nothing really comes for free. "But if I had to say let's stop by the bakery first. After that, we can go to the fortune-teller". Laughing a little as he says it. Then lastly you can take me to the scary forest." He remembers he was told not to go too deep in the forest by the. Juliets but he did really see why not.

Frank:
Frank raised an eyebrow at that last sentence, paranormal? He wasn't thinking that was where the conversation was going, but nonetheless rolled with it. He opened his mouth to speak, but got interrupted by the peep coming from Sammy, maybe it was just that his senses weren't quite as sharpened as Sammy's from being around the unexplainable for a longer amount of time, or something else, but he didn't hear any stomping, as she laughed, he was beginning to think he had something in his teeth or something akin to that, he quickly moved his tongue around his teeth, trying to make it as unnoticeable as possible, then he began to speak "Well, let's just talk about the town first, if that's all right" he wasn't hoping to find out what that paranormal meant too fast, after all he didn't want Mr. Bloom and him to hit the road over some 'silly' urban legends. Besides even if he did know something...supernatural, he probably wouldn't be able to keep himself from blabbing to the boss. Come to think of the boss, he might like to talk to Sammy they seem like they'd get along. Frank started wondering more about Sammy, she had seemed to have met quite a few people, and, he also thought about if she could, if at all, read their futures to a point where she could read their lives like a book, cover to cover, would that spoil the fun of talking to people if you just knew everything about them already? Scary thoughts, maybe Frank should stop worrying about that, besides, it's still fun for him so far anyway, meeting new people, that is.

Xeppy Xeppy

Cassandra couldn't help it. She buried her face in her hands. "Listen, it seems that there's a few things I need to explain. One, stop sounding like an overexcited puppy. It's obnoxious. Secondly, I could get in a lot of trouble for this, but we've got to figure out how to make sure you can't just blab to everyone. Third, one of those friends I mentioned? Beelzebub. Yep. The one and only, and my dad on top of all that. I'm... not sure you want to be playing in these waters."

gxxberkit gxxberkit

Ivie didn't notice the girl's wince, focusing more on her own dangling feet. She swung from the branch a few more times before jumping down. She smiled a little when she heard the observation of her adventurous spirit. "Yep, sure do!" It was an aspect of her that could be seen as either a good or bad thing depending on who you ask.

Ivie didn't really get what the girl was talking about. She shook her head, her own confidence in her abilities shining through. "I can handle anything! I'm already super good at magic!" She thought for a moment. "I could like..blast any bad guys away or something. Besides, anyone who would want to, like..capture or hurt me would be those, uh..outsider people, right? From that town?" She waved a hand. "They aren't even in a coven, my mom said so! They couldn't do anything."

Pure surprise showed on Ivie's face at what the girl said next, and when she extended her hand. "..huh? You..mean it?" This hadn't been how she had expected things to go. She had fully anticipated being forced back into the camp right away. She stared for a few seconds longer before nodding, a smile spreading across her face. "Yeah! I've never been chaperoned before!" Usually, Ivie would just be out here by herself for hours on end, until an adult from the coven or her parents came tearing through the forest looking for her.

Evie found herself pausing mid-walk. She thought she heard something moving. Footsteps. A person? Someone from the coven, maybe? Evie quickly hid behind a tree, her legs shaking. She didn't know who this could be, assuming what she heard wasn't an animal, and that was the scary part. She could only hope that it wasn't one of those outsiders from the town, she didn't really know what she would do if that were the case. Evie peeked out a little from behind the tree, her heart hammering against her chest. A..hood? She struggled to see their face from where she was standing. Her hands now shaking too, Evie pressed them against her ears. Maybe..whoever this is, will leave. Although, being in a crouching position like that suggests otherwise. Standing there as quietly as she could, Evie felt her heart sink when, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed yet another bug crawling around (with too many legs) all around the tree. Making a noise of surprise, Evie felt her own legs moving quickly on their own, and before she knew it she had moved out from behind her hiding spot involuntarily.

Turning her head to face the stranger she had now revealed herself to, Evie's eyes filled with fear, and before she could even think she found herself running away as fast as she could.

Cassandra couldn't help it. She buried her face in her hands. "Listen, it seems that there's a few things I need to explain. One, stop sounding like an overexcited puppy. It's obnoxious. Secondly, I could get in a lot of trouble for this, but we've got to figure out how to make sure you can't just blab to everyone. Third, one of those friends I mentioned? Beelzebub. Yep. The one and only, and my dad on top of all that. I'm... not sure you want to be playing in these waters."

His brow twitched at the mention of who she claimed to be her father, a bit skeptical since it was a pretty big statement, but ultimately accepted it with slinked shoulders. Who was he to know? Anyhow, Cassandra did have a point. Ben may have been getting a little too energetic. And so a serious look quickly rolled over his normally happy-go-lucky face. In his head, he sternly told himself he better dial it down and keep all that excitement to himself. Though with such an abrasive attitude, he now wasn’t entirely sure he wanted to follow her, however, it would haunt him not to see what awaited. “I’ll be cool..” Ben replied a bit more quietly than he had been speaking, angrily biting his tongue. “Got a plan?”

"Yeah, I do. Or at least the start of one. Follow me." Cassandra led Ben down through the woods, to a patch of forest that would seem just like any other to Ben's eyes. "Our home is hidden by illusion magic. I'm going to have to work a spell through you." She put her hands on Ben's shoulder and concentrated, and suddenly the camp just popped into existence. "And here we are. Welcome to the Okoheller Coven."

Samantha
The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

Sammy raised her eyebrows at the man, who had not answered her answer at the slightest, wondering if he was trying to avoid her question on purpose. Why would he try to do that? It was a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question. Was he not comfortable with the topic? Why’d he enter a fortune tent, then? Or did the question just slip past him entirely? She nodded at his choice of topic, thinking of what to say about the town. There wasn’t really much to say: everyone paid more attention on the woods near them.

Wonderingly, she answered, “Alright, then. We may talk about that. This town… um, nobody really calls it by a name, just by, ‘The town of the Okoheller Woods.’ If you call it that, nobody will think you’re strange. This town usually isn’t haunted, even though we live right next to a haunted forest, but we have had a few…” She let this word roll of her tongue. “Incidents. Nothing serious- just some ghosts playing with us.” Did she believe that? Absolutely not. She still believed that the kids in town were just playing pranks on them. Shaking her head at her thoughts, she continued with, “The people in this town are nice. Not a rowdy group, although a very adventurous and curious one. Of course, they can get riled up over something. The Bloom incident.” She laughs quietly as herself. “I never saw how angry some people in this town could get. That’s what makes the memory so… memorable.” She glanced curiously at Frank, examining him, asking, “Have you met a man named Mr. Bloom before? I don’t know what he’s doing now. It’s been quite a while since he came here.”

Mason
Stern LuLuLu Stern LuLuLu

Mason raised his eyebrows again at Warren’s comment, his eyebrows quickly creasing together again, saying, “Oh! If it bothers you, you can pay me back. I don’t wanna make you feel bad.” Mason scrunched up his mouth, knowing that he was supposed to make things easier for people, not harder. He perked up again when Warren said he wanted to explore the woods, exclaiming, “Ooh! I’m gonna go tonight! I was thinking by myself, but I would love it if you came too! It would make it less scary, haha.”

Mason craned his neck back before looking back at Warren. “You wanna come with me tonight? I’ll have the supplies and everything.” He widened his eyes at the boy. “Don’t tell my dad that I did. I spent my own money on it! It’s just that he doesn’t want me sleeping away from him and stuff. Way too overprotective.” Mason laughed at the memories before looking at Warren, walking in one direction. “C’mon, let’s go. Have you eaten yet? I’ll pay for a pastry at the bakery for you. There’s custard, a plain one, ones with pasty creams, these little cakes…” Mason smiled, waiting on the path after a few steps, waiting for Warren to follow.​

Last edited:
"Yeah, I do. Or at least the start of one. Follow me." Cassandra led Ben down through the woods, to a patch of forest that would seem just like any other to Ben's eyes. "Our home is hidden by illusion magic. I'm going to have to work a spell through you." She put her hands on Ben's shoulder and concentrated, and suddenly the camp just popped into existence. "And here we are. Welcome to the Okoheller Coven."

Before he could even start soaking in his new surroundings like a sponge, the moment that they appeared in the coven, Ben couldn’t help being stricken with awe and bewilderment. He would say he could almost feel the magic radiating off of the other in that split second. It left him with only the most chilling of goosebumps. How the witch was able to send them to some whole other place - Ben just couldn’t comprehend that. And neither could he contain his excitement any longer. “That was fun!” He beamed as he slowly spun, looking all around, itching to explore it just like a kid in a candy store, yet trying to mind his manners as he was swift to make himself stand much more still. “Sooooo what’s next, Captain Cass?”

Theourgia gave the child a blank, confused stare. That town isn't a coven? And they don't have magic? She took a moment to process this, before shaking the thought out of her head. No, that can't be true. How could it?

"Okay, let's go, then!" Returning her smile, Theourgia turned and began heading farther into the forest. "What's your name, by the way? I don't think I ever caught it in camp," she placed her hands on her hips, "probably because I'm almost never there. I'm Theourgia." She thought for a moment, "We really should've already known each other's names, since the coven's so small, right?"

Rosa paused with a startle, her eyes widening. Maybe that girl was the person that made the alarm? She pulled down her hood and chased after the kid. "Wait! Come- come back! What are you doing out here? Are you okay?" she yelled.

"Well, the next thing is something I should have done earlier, honestly." Cassandra rubbed her eyes. "See, we witches kind of like our privacy. So I'm going to cast another spell, one that will prevent you from telling anyone about us. Any words you say about us will become gibberish. Anything you write, nonsense, and any pictures you take or upload to the internet, blurred into uselessness. That way, we keep our secret."

Upon hearing the news about the forest trip he was pretty excited putting a big smile on his face. A more operation was kinda cool in his mind. Warren had been on a few so it was refreshing. Following behind Mason. "Well lead the way I'm a hundred percent game for the nighttime excursion. Also, I am a fan of wild favors and the like do you have any other recommendations for the bakery. An if we ever go again it will be my treat" Taking a good look at Mason and all the things he was carrying he thought it was rude not to ask."Hay you want a hand with that stuff I may only be able to use one arm but that's better than nothing in my book. Oh yeah, do you have any interesting stories about the place you don't mind sharing I'm all ears if so?"Offering a hand while they walked to their destination.

Xeppy

"Well, the next thing is something I should have done earlier, honestly." Cassandra rubbed her eyes. "See, we witches kind of like our privacy. So I'm going to cast another spell, one that will prevent you from telling anyone about us. Any words you say about us will become gibberish. Anything you write, nonsense, and any pictures you take or upload to the internet, blurred into uselessness. That way, we keep our secret."

“Sounds like a good idea!” Ben firmly nodded before he curiously went on. “I mean, I figured I better keep hush-hush about this yet.. I’m not immune to a slip of the tongue. Better safe than sorry.” He then flashed a big toothy grin. “This spell’s got nothin’ on me hunting ghosts ‘round here, right? I’m not going home till I got one!” Despite a real life witch being right there in front of him, there was still a important mission to uphold and It would still be quite a bummer not to get any photographic evidence. “It’s not going to wreck a l l my footage, right??”

gxxberkit gxxberkit

Ivie skipped alongside the girl, humming quietly to herself, now in a gooder mood than before since she could now continue on her little adventure, even if she was being chaperoned. She looked around at everything, her eyes practically sparkling with excitement. It didn't matter if it was all just a bunch of trees. The trees themselves were super amazing to her, who knows how long they've been been around here -- maybe hundreds or thousands of years? Ivie wondered what it would be like to live that long, there was so much you could see for yourself.

Ivie's attention was brought back by the girl asking her a question. Her eyes wandered up to the sky in thought. She then snickered. "Yeah, nope, I don't remember you at all! I've left camp, like, a whole bunch of times. So I don't remember everyone like my sis can, even if it is super small. Like an ant's size." She stopped for a second to pick up a lone stick lying on the ground, then resumed marching along Theourgia's side, waving the stick in the air all the while. "Name's Ivie! So, Theourgia, huh? Hehe, wouldn't be surprised if my sister knew you somehow. She knows everybody. Or, uh, tries to. Dunno why."

Ivie stabbed the stick into the ground, dragging it along with her as she walked. This created a long line in the dirt. "You know her? Looks exactly like me, 'cept our facial markings are switched. She kinda sucks at magic?" A quick look of guilt immediately comes over her, and Ivie fumbled to correct herself. "Sorry, uh..she's going through a learning experience. That's what I meant." Those words were clearly not her own. Ivie proceeded to take her stick out of the ground, abruptly stopping her line that had been created in the dirt.

Evie kept running, her legs moving as fast as she could make them. Who was this person? She wished she had gotten a better look at them earlier. Ignoring the words this person had yelled to her, Evie's mind could focus only on one thing: to get away. She raced through the forest, her mind flooding with possibilities. What should she even do? She felt completely unprepared for a situation like this.

Not fully paying attention to her surroundings, Evie felt her foot suddenly connect with an exposed root of a tree. Flailing her arms, she then fell to the ground. Pain spread fast through her now aching legs, but Evie hardly focused on that. Her eyes flicked towards the stranger, afraid. "S-Stay away from me!" She shouted, backing away.

"Let me see..." Cassandra tapped her head in thought. "Your camera will still pick up any ghosts we see, unless I'm actively using my magic. Best I can do, unless you want me to wipe all knowledge of us from your mind. And I'm not too good with that spell, so you'd probably end up with the intellect of a rutabaga. Your call."

“Oh damn.” The thought of it made his forehead sweat. Possibly having his brain turned to sludge was beyond worse than the grounding he anticipated. “I… think I’ll take my first option, please and thank you.” He laughed albeit somewhat nervously, hoping there were no side effects to this spell Cassandra was about to cast. There may not even be any such thing, but for all Ben knew all this magic could give him a stomach ache. “Wait. This spell isn’t going to do anything extra crazy, right? I mean, will I feel okay or is it like.. gonna make me grow another toe or something?”

Frank:
Frank listened contently to Sammy, but as soon as Sammy got to talking about hauntings as they are he started getting a bit nervous, he kept on trying dismissing them as local legends, but Sammy's speech keeps on talking about it as if it is true, told him otherwise, however as Sammy shook her head upon addressing the ghosts 'pranks' gave him conformation that it was just a local legend, nothing supernatural. He just about choked when Mr. Bloom was mentioned, listening a bit closer whilst at the same time trying to remember what Mr. Bloom did. Frank was getting nervous, after all, if Mr. Bloom finds out they've been in this town, that he had an embarrassing moment here, and that Frank knew about it the whole time, there was no telling what Mr. Bloom would do to Frank. As soon as the question arose if he knew Mr. Bloom, Frank stuttered a bit "W-well, I think I've heard of him, though I am not quite sure what he did." Frank wasn't the type of person to get nervous about his ego and reputation, but something knew took over his thoughts, he didn't feel it before, but maybe it was just him meeting someone and actually sitting down and talking, but Frank thinks that if he is seen with Mr. Bloom by the people of the town he won't be able to visit again, Frank couldn't put his finger on the feeling he had in this town, but he felt, well, welcome, or something, Frank dismisses these thoughts though, and tries to continue the conversation "In fact, I've heard Mr. Bloom" Frank didn't like calling him Mr. Bloom, it felt weird "Is back in town, selling a few things."

Mason
Stern LuLuLu Stern LuLuLu

Mason felt like jumping for joy when Warren agreed to come with him on his little adventure, but stopped himself when he realized that he still had a mountain of supplies in his arms. He beamed back at Warren, as Mason always smiled when someone else did, as it was contagious to him. He nodded furiously when he spoke that he enjoyed wild flavors, as Mason quickly jotted that down in the back of his mind, thinking to remember that later. He was about to reply and give him recommendations before Warren noticed his pile, asking if he could hold onto some of it. Mason already started shaking his head, but the trembling of his arms stopped him. He was getting tired of doing this uncomfortable position of his arms. Reluctantly, Mason placed a some small boxes into Warren’s arms, not sure if he could add more. “Thank you, sir! Sorry, my arms were getting sleepy, haha.”

He perked up when he started talking about interesting stories, asking for them. “Ooh! I have a bunch of ghost stories in my notebook! I always ask witnesses of ghost happenings to tell me them. I remember this one story from Sammy! Uh, she’s the fortune teller in this town, if you didn’t know. Anyways, she was talking about her dead mother haunting her at her house! She said…”

Mason yapped away, immersed in the story, squeaking when he finally reached the bakery. “Oh! We’re here! Haha, didn’t see that here. C’mon, let’s go in!” Pushing the door open, hearing the bell clang, Mason felt the immediate warmth the bakery brought to his skin, it swirling around him. Assuming Warren was right behind him, he walked up to the glass display of goodies, trying to find a flavorful pastry. He wrinkled his nose when he realized that he would have to pay. He did have money on him that he found on the ground, but it wasn’t much. It would probably only pay for one pastry. Sighing, he scanned the foods, examining for the multi flavor one…

Samantha
The Plaid Man The Plaid Man

Sammy remained a blank expression as she saw Frank getting nervous, noticeably stuttering. Sammy could never explain it to herself… she just noticed things more than others notice about people. Was she just more attentive? Hmm. But why was Frank nervous? Did Mr. Bloom do something to him? She didn’t believe for a second that he didn’t know what Mr. Bloom did. She didn’t think this type of man Frank was got nervous for no reason. Despite her thoughts, she put on a smile as if she believed him, although she didn’t know if he saw her in the dark, saying quietly, “Oh. Okay. You’ve probably heard of him. I hear he goes around a lot of towns.”

Although Sammy was good at keeping her emotions restraint most of the time, she was never good at keeping her surprise inside, which spilt out when Frank told her that Mr. Bloom was in town. A small gasp escaped her lips before she closed them, keeping her emotions in tact. “Really, now? That’s a surprise. I wonder why he would want to come back to a town that chased him away with fire.” She thought to herself for a moment, thinking how uncomfortably Frank said Mr. Bloom’s name. Something definitely happened. She smiled at Frank before standing up. “Would you like to go find him with me? I would like to see what he’s selling. I think I need a little more sunlight for today as well. I’m sitting here all day without stretching my legs.” She looked at Frank with an encouraging look, as she silently thought what buisness this man had with the man named Mr. Bloom.​

"No. Now shut up and hold still." Once again, Cassandra put a hand to Ben's shoulder, and he would feel an unusual sensation rolling through his mind. "There, that's better. Now we don't have to worry about our secret being revealed, and you can get to experience all that the supernatural has to offer." She sat down on a rather convenient stump. "I'm sure you have questions, so ask away. What do you want to know?"

As Cassandra took a seat, Ben followed suit, sitting himself crisscrossed in a big soft patch of clover. “Yeah! Sooo.. how long have you witches been here? And are there by any chance other magic or so-called “mythical” beings in these woods??” He rambled, getting more and more passionate about the topic. “Oh- also, can you teach me to do that teleportation thingy you just did?? That was so cool!!”

Frank:
"Oh. Okay. You've probably heard of him. I hear he goes around a lot of towns." Frank was relived, he thought he got off the hook of that one. But as soon as one problem came to a close another one popped into existence. When Sammy asked to talk to Mr. Bloom Frank had to think long and hard, should he take her to Mr. Bloom? What if she didn't want to talk to him anymore, it wouldn't be the first time, but on the other hand, he had never talked to someone like Sammy, but he seemed to like talking to people before he beat their loose change out of them. But, then again, if what Sammy said is true that Mr. Bloom was run out of town, what if Sammy tells the whole town about Mr. Bloom being a fraud, and they chase Mr. Bloom and him out of town again? However, Sammy, in Frank's opinion seemed to be a polite person with no malicious intent on him or Mr. Bloom. This back and forth in Frank's head went for some time and the silence, if not broken, could be painfully awkward, with Frank wincing and rubbing his head often, thinking was always an unpleasant activity for Frank and he often didn't like doing it, but eventually he came to the conclusion to take Sammy to Mr. Bloom, after all, what is the worst that could happen? "Alright I'll find him with you" Frank might live to regret those words but who knows maybe Sammy and Mr. Bloom will become friends, for some reason Mr. Bloom didn't have too many of those, and, unbeknownst to Frank, probably for a good reason too.

Taking the couple of things that Mason passed him Warren carried them without too much trouble but there was some. Thinking to himself he when he recovers things like this will be easier. Thinking that he would do pretty much anything to get better. "It's not a problem it's best if I try to get better at dealing with things like this more often." But he then heard Mason bring up the fortune teller Sammy. When he brought up the question about stories. Then he listened to it the entire time they were walking. Thinking this place really might be haunted by something.

But before he could finish the story they had arrived at the bakery." Oh nice". Walking in behind Mason letting him lead the way coming up to the window most of the baked goods looked fantastic." Well whichever one you order is the one I will have the same and thanks for treating me next one is on me" Thinking that Mason would pick something good.

Theourgia paused, giving the girl a.. look. "A learning experience?" she shook her head, "is that really what the others say?" Theourgia placed her hands on her hips, frustrated. "That's dumb. It's also more rude than just saying they can't do magic. Makes witches like me and your sister feel worse, you know?" She thought for a moment. "Oh, yeah. I can't do magic, by the way."

"And, I don't think I've met your sister either. Maybe my sister has, though. She's a rule-abiding citizen, unlike you," she chuckled. "Doesn't leave the camp unless she's allowed to."

Rosa slowed down as she neared the young girl, avoiding the root the other tripped over. "H-hey, hey, calm down, I'm a witch. Are- are you okay? That fall looked painful," she lowered herself to the ground, removing her hood. "I'm not gonna hurt you.. What are you doing out here?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back