• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Reborn As A Demihuman And Became A Mage Apprentice

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jade had been staring silently at the vision orb for the past few hours, motionless, head leaned back against the top of her seat cushion. She didn't even blink as she stared, and if her chest didn't occasionally rise every so often, it would be safe to assume she probably was too stoic to mention something was afflicting her and she died to her unseen injuries. In truth, Jade just sleeps with her eyes open, and when Neria reemerged back into the living room and sent everybody into an idle chatter, the mercenary snorted loudly as she woke up. Her hand immediately went to resecuring the precariously perched hat on her head before she shot up to standing at a stiff salute, almost as if it were instinct.

"Reporting!" She loudly vocalized, standing stock still for a full 5 seconds before realizing she wasn't at camp, there wasn't any other mercenaries around, and she was inside that strange woman's house again. Her form visibly relaxed as she rubbed her dry eyes. Her eyes scanned the room one more time before she really paid any attention to what her new ward was informing them. Again, still with the other slaves who were a combination of hungry, distracted, or pissed off. Nothing new there.

"Anyways, when you are ready, we can head for town, get you new clothes and then get something to eat." That comment made Jade inspect her own ragged uniform. She probably did need real clothes again, and food was never a bad thing, but she kept herself away from the tarts. Eating before going to eat was wasteful, and she had learned to be very careful with making the most out of everything she was given. She tore off her sheath and placed it onto the seat she was sitting on. The town sounded safe enough, and a broken blade probably wasn't going to be very useful to her if something did break out.

She stretched her back, reaching her hands far behind her, then to the left and right, each time a series a painful sounding cracks coming from her. She inhaled deeply, and fixed the frayed plumage of her hat. "I'm ready to go at any time."

"Ranyun, huh?" Viz remarked to no one in particular, as she looked into the vision orb. So that's what they called them here. She had spent most of her time either milling about the house, studying its structure and layout, and observing the outside of the house. While it was protected, presumably, by high level magicks, Viz just had to know. A 'just in case' as it were. Never know when things might go balls-to-the-wall. Once or twice, she passed by what served as a television in this world. Her crew used to have one of these lying around the camp, and the local mage would occasionally switch it on for them to laugh at the funnies. Viz, herself, never bothered much about learning how to control it. Fact of the matter was, even back when she was running with the old gang, she was never much of a watcher herself. Absent-mindedly, she picked up one of the tarts, not bothering with the plate, and shoved it, wholesale, into her mouth when Neria brought them out.

"Really? I was just getting comfortable in these rags." Viz smirked at the invitation to go pick up new clothes, and brushed herself down. "Oh well. Out with the old, in with the new, I guess." She glanced towards rabbit, Fennel, if she remembered right. She had spied him, out of the corner of her eyes, casting looks towards her direction every other time she seemed to be occupied with something else, especially after the mention of ramen. Did he think her a bumbling fool or something? Or was there something more to it? There's no way he was from the other world too...right?

"Hey," she finally turned towards Fennel. "You got something to say to me? You know girls don't like boys with secrets, right?" Trust me, I've had experience, she didn't add.

IG42 IG42

When Fennel asked if he should wake the two who were sleeping up, Neria shook her head and said: "You don't need to. It looks like they are waking up on their own. But thank you for offering to help." With Fennel tempted at poking Caelum and Caelum waking up to threaten Fennel, Neria couldn't help but giggle. Caelum quickly gobbled up a tart and asked for water and a place to freshen up. Neria handed him a glass of water and said loud enough for everybody to hear: "Anyone who wants to wash up before we leave, there are two bathrooms at the end of the hallway upstairs. The last two doors before the window. There is a shower and a bathtub in each. Towels are in the cabinets. You can throw used towels in the hamper."

Neria went rummaged through a cabinet and found a roll of bandages for Caelum and handed it to him. Then Nisha muttered something to herself seemingly forgetting the astute hearing of animal ears. "A TV? That makes me wonder if any of you have lived a past life." Neria said, picking up on the TV part. "If that wasn't meant for my ears, then keep in mind next time that my ears can pick up the tiniest sounds."

When Jade jumped up and exclaimed something after waking up, Neria jumped a little. Jade seemed to be ready after catching herself and thinking briefly. Finally, Viz, watching the vision orb, gave Neria the impression of being interested in the noodles. She then agreed with getting new clothes. Viz seemed to have an issue with Fennel for some reason though. Neria didn't address what Viz said to Fennel as she wanted to see how it would play out. However, Neria briefly spoke up and said: "If you are interested in those noodles, the Ranyun, I know a place in town that makes them. A tanuki demihuman by the name of Shino. We could go there sometime."

Neria then waited a little for everyone who needed to freshen up. She then led everyone out of the door when they were ready. They left the house, then the garden and walked onto the sidewalk towards in the inner part of town. The homes they passed turned from cozy cottages and farmhouses into mansions and European style villas. The sound of seagulls were audible towards the seaside of the town. Eventually they made it to the town center.

The town center was large and had a view of the ocean. The stone tiles of the plaza were a yellowish sand color and in the middle of the plaza was a monolithic monument with a clockface on each side. The arms of the clock read 3:40 in the afternoon. "This is the village plaza. When facing the ocean, the town hall is on your right side and the town theater is on your left. Behind you is the train station. We came from down the road on the right, that is West. Down the road to our left, to the east, is the main street shopping area. So remember, in Ambreville, the ocean is always south. I am telling you this so you don't get lost when you end up walking here alone." Neria explained. "Now let us get you suited up and we can order you school clothes while we are at it."

Neria then led the group down to the main street shopping area. There, many people were enjoying the afternoon outside at some of the cafés. Compared to Frerevue, the humans and demihumans mostly sat near each other and the demihumans here mostly looked middle class, some even upper class. When Neria passed by with the five in tow, some people began to look their way and quietly talk about them. "There goes that witch. Those demihuman with her look like she picked them off the street." Muttered one rude person. Another then said: "Lady Bocq probably saved another group of demihumans from some slaver. I wouldnt want to be a slaver and come across her." Neria picked up on these but ignored it. She was used to being both adored and hated by the community.

Neria stopped in front of a large shop. The sign read: "Genario's Fashions". She entered and invited the others to follow her in. She rang a bell on the counter and a tall man with a deep tan came out from the back room. "Neria! What brings you here? Seeing a custom made dress for yourself?" The man said. Neria shook her head and pointed to the five young demihumans: "They need fresh clothes, at least three sets each. Then we need school uniforms, Genario." "Browse my shop or tell me what you all want. I can then have an assistant measure your sizes. I can quickly make a first set of clothes that can be worn immediately, the rest will have to be picked up tonight or tomorrow morning." Genario said.

"You all just need to tell him what you want. Once that is out of the way, we can take care of uniforms." Neria said to the five.

IG42 IG42 mysteryxio mysteryxio simj26 simj26 RizaTiz RizaTiz archur archur

Nisha Syrvi

Nisha's eyes looked up at Neria when she both said she could hear her and mentioned something about past lives. If it weren't for her still being somewhat asleep, shock would've clearly been plastered on her face. 'That's oddly specific' was that she could think before she continued eating her tart.

After freshening up, she followed Neria outside alongside the others and into the town, where mansions and villas were prevalent. Under any other normal circumstances, she would've been somewhat amazed by them, however those types of houses were basically everywhere for most of her life, as most of her previous...owners...were on the richer side. Mostly because she was typically sold at a high price, all because of that cursed bell that would pretty much force her to obey any command, no matter how much she didn't want to do it. She still couldn't believe that it wouldn't affect her anymore. All the while from the second the exited Neria's house, the small cat-girl clutched the bell around her neck in her hand, trying her best to make sure it never rang. That trauma wasn't easily forgotten. She would've left it at Neria's home, but she didn't want to lose it. She didn't want it to ever get into anybody's hand except hers ever again.

As they were walking through the town, she was thinking what'd she'd do. What was she supposed to do now? The only real goals she had back in her world was to graduate college, get a job as an artist and possibly create a manga, all the while being himself, however that doesn't really work for this world. At least the graduating college, becoming an artist and making manga part. He could still be himself, even more so now that he's a girl. Hell, he's even around 5 years younger, which felt weird, but it solved one of his worries that he used to have, about how everyone around him were accomplishing their dreams and he was 20 and had JUST started to get his life together. Now around 15 years old, she hadn't really kept track of time during her time as a slave, she could actually be what she wants to be, do what she wants to do and even better, start over from zero!

The cat-girl couldn't say that she trusted Neria completely. She still had massive trust issues, however those issues weren't going to be resolved if she kept openly doubting everyone. Her normal shy, anxious and introverted self wasn't going to cut it either. She wanted to try and become better. And a good first step to being better was to start acting how she wanted to be like. No more being introverted, no more being openly distrustful of people and no more hiding how she really wanted to be. Of course, an immediate change in personality was kinda impossible at the moment. First, it was literally yesterday that she got freed from being a slave after 5 years of abuse. Even if she didn't want to be, she still felt anxious and shy. And second, even if she had that willpower to immediately change personality, it would still be seen as odd by those around her. It'd more than likely seem forced to them.

Her thoughts were interrupted as they arrived at the clothing store. Entering the store, she looked around at all the articles of clothing around the shop. A lot of them were rather cute. However, she froze up when she heard Neria tell them to tell the tanned man what they wanted. She hardly knew much about woman's clothing, the most she wore was unisex articles of clothing that had cute or feminine designs back on Earth, much less what was considered cute or pretty in this world. She also didn't really know the exact names of some of the clothing that she had liked, and didn't want to be rude just point and be like 'I want that one" towards some of the outfits on display. Better to just take the klutz route. Taking a deep breath, she looked at the other demi-humans and Neria and asked "What clothes do girls wear?" with a 'Silly Me' pose: hitting herself softly on her head, winking and sticking her tongue out. If all was good, at best they'd think she was just an uneducated or poor demi-human, explaining her lack of basic knowledge like what kinds of clothing girls wear, and at worst they'd just think she's a endearing or stupid ditz.

Interacting with: everyone

Last edited:
Fennel Ravel
Seeing what he thought were tears on Caelum's cheeks Fennel leaned a little closer to look then froze as a pair of dark eyes opened and fixed on him. "O-oh hello there." He smiled nervously then hopped backward at the threat deciding he quite liked having his finger. "Sorry I was just...nevermind sorry." He supposed he couldn't expect an entire group of former slaves to be instantly friendly.

Hearing Nisha mutter something he was pretty sure he heard another familiar word through his elongated ears but before he could decide whether to comment on it or not Jade shouted making Fennel jump again flashing the white underside of his tail in alarm, his attempts to calm down weren't helped by Viz calling him out for peeking at her. "Oh well the thing is..." Floundering he coughed loudly and shut himself up for a moment he decided to try probing for a reaction. "I was just wondering if you'd maybe tried that mochi they mentioned too, or did they call it something different?"

Feeling a bit overwhelmed by Neria herself coming out and mentioning past lives Fennel was happy to take the offer to go freshen up and cool off a little while he was at it, having efficiently washed the grime off of his face and hands he returned to the others and grabbed a tart for himself seeming more at ease.

Out in the town Fennel breathed deeply enjoying the feeling of the clean seaside air in his previous tormented lungs as he followed Neria about while watching the people go about their business, for him it was the first time he had seen other demi-humans living in a state that wasn't either servitude or squalor or a combination of both.

While he wouldn't have objected to dinner first he was looking forward to feeling a bit more human again with some new clothing no matter how inaccurate the expression might be. "Maybe you could try just watching what Jade picks out and getting the exact opposite?" He said with fake innocence in response to Nisha's question. For himself Fennel was able to find a simple collared button-up shirt and a pair of midnight blue slacks that only needed minimal adjustment to accommodate his tail. "Now that's a bit more like it." He said with feeling of satisfaction as he finished adjusting the collar.

With the offer of scrubbing the accumulated dirt off her face, and potentially off the rest of her body later, Jade took the chance to clean herself off as much as she could. After cleansing her face and getting the suds all the way up to her elbows, she made it a point to keep her sleeves rolled up, revealing her rippling arms and purple knuckles. Neria's hospitality was strange. Her reasoning, she didn't fully understand, but Jade would play along. She hadn't been obviously poisoned, or even been told no, and now she was getting new clothes. If anything, she felt she may grow simple and lazy if she didn't keep herself busy, not like that would be an issue. With vague mention of "past lives", she felt that this group was going to force her to keep in shape.

After a little walking, the smell of the sea washed over the former merc. She remembered the old boat they had before they sold it off. The Unsinkable, a leaky old ship that barely earned her name by helping the company scrape by for six months without being able to dock. A contract of theirs got them into deep waters, so that's where they hid until things died down. Six grueling months at sea, dealing with bandits and bounty hunters. As much as she enjoyed the smell, she hated the memories. The fish, the smell, the lack of privacy, and worse of all, she got seasick easily.

Entering the shop was a different experience entirely for her, the rows of clothing and options. Uniforms were her life, so the options for dresses were something that gave Jade some pause, but not enough for her to consider them whatsoever. The bear set her brow and began to process of attempting to decide what exact four copies of workman's pants she was going to order when one of the other demi-humans she hadn't really bothered to learn the name of spoke up. "What clothes do girls wear?" She had this... pose, and expression. Jade didn't quite regret turning around to attempt to answer a question she knew she wasn't really qualified for, but she sure was questioning why she did to begin with. "Wha-" She began, not quite having the words to finish her sentence.

"Maybe you could try just watching what Jade picks out and getting the exact opposite?" Said the (for the circumstance) well dressed rabbit. Fennel, was it? Though she didn't quite consider herself the queen of fashion, she did find something of personal offense to his comment. It didn't even take her a second to decide that she was going to give this girl the best fashion trip of her life, and she grabbed Nisha by the arm. "Listen to me and not that rabbit, girl." She said, peering directly into Nisha's eyes. "You and I are going to find you the perfect clothes, and you will be a sparkling gem in a sea of rocks. Come, we have dresses to look through." Without a moment's hesitation, she began to drag her off towards the much finer clothes fitting for their gender.

Interacting with: RizaTiz RizaTiz

Nisha Syrvi

Nisha couldn't help but stifle a giggle when the rabbit boy mentioned Jade. Now that her mind was somewhat clearer than yesterday, she noticed that this was the boy who helped her walk yesterday. 'I should thank him later' she thought, before Jade grabbed her arm and spoke to her. "You and I are going to find you the perfect clothes, and you will be a sparkling gem in a sea of rocks. Come, we have dresses to look through." said Jade. Nisha's heart skipped a beat and she couldn't help but blush. It was strange, but she couldn't help feel so excited and cheerful at the idea of getting helped out with picking girl clothes with another girl. As weird as it sounded, it was almost like a lifelong dream came true for her. Something so simple like that could make her feel so excited. Was it because she always felt awkward about asking her friends back on Earth to help her shop? Or because she never had the chance to fully embrace who she was and actually dress as how she wanted? Either way, she couldn't hide the beaming smile that was on her face as she let Jade guide her through the store.

Interacting with: archur archur

Caelum
Past lives...the idea of that being the case for all of them seemed pretty unlikely but given that was the case for him, not outside the realm of possibility. He thought how he lived previously before all this happened. He wanted to make a change, live to the fullest more. Maybe if he was feeling up for it he'd ask the others if they had some previous life like him. He washed his body, feeling far more rejuvenated than he had recently. He couldn't remember the last time he didn't have some type of dirt or mud or filth on his body. He wrapped his feet up as best he could, happy with how they seemed to feel. He walked out still shirtless, having his wings over his shoulders. He looked presentable enough. In fact the ones who came to look at him before would ask why he was allowed to keep his "cloak" on. He was also happy because of what they hid.

Caelum didn't really pay any mind to the houses they past. Even before he came to this world he felt that having a large home solely to show off one's status was a real gaudy move. He tried to pay attention to the directions and where he was but only was able to understand the last bit. He didn't mind, worst case scenario he'd take a flight and find his way home that way. Home. He didn't know why the word seemed strange to him now. Maybe because he hadn't had a real one in this world yet.

The clothing shop was a bit jarring for Caelum. In his previous life he'd worn whatever was comfortable unless it was for work or a formal event. He often rummaged through what was on sale as long as the colors didn't clash. Now he had a chance to actually form a style the others seemed to. The range of styles was almost overwhelming and he tried to see himself wearing a certain fashion. He noticed a suit that resembled some sort of tuxedo and imagined himself as a debonair vampire going to sink his fangs into his prey then shook his head and laughed at the thought. There was very few things about him that said 'classy' and 'charming'. He did see a jacket with a long tail that definitely caught his eye. He wasn't sure of the material but it was black and felt like leather. He then also noticed a few symbols carved and dyed on the sides. "See you found something," he said to Fennel as he walked passed him "though don't you think that's sorta...formal?" Caelum walked over to the owner, "Hey, don't suppose you sell shoes here?" He stuck out his wrapped feet. "Also, wondering if you can cut this so these can slide out easy? Rather not rip this jacket to fit my wings." He indicated to his back where the wings and his shoulders met.

Viz
So much for a safe haven. Even here, people regarded her with dirty looks, like scum and dirt on the ground. She wasn't the type to bother about what people thought about her, but this sort of behaviour did put her off somewhat. Taking care to avoid Neria's cone of vision, she snarled, baring her fists and teeth at the obnoxious clientele of the cafe that they passed by, sending one of them falling off his seat. Suppressing a laugh, she jogged back to the group, running a hand along her silver hair, just as they entered the clothing store. She looked around her new surroundings, taking in the scent of new fabric. Fresh and cozy. It was smaller than the store that she and her brothers frequented back in her past life, but it would do. She instinctively reached for the men's suits, before remembering her current disposition. She sighed. At least she could window shop and try to picture herself in them.

One of Neria's entourage spoke up, asking a fairly peculiar question. Viz paid no mind to it, though something at the back of her mind seemed to realise something was off with the question. "Girls can wear anything, as far as I'm concerned. There's little a girl can wear and look bad in, in my experience," Viz answered absent-mindedly anyway. She remembered a few of them in her past life, and indeed, they did look good in almost anything, even in almost nothing at all. A strange smile came upon her face. ESPECIALLY close to nothing at all.

"Hmm..." It wasn't often that she would have the opportunity to play dress up like this. Especially now that she was in this kind of body, she might as well give it a shot. She passed by the clothes that lined the store's interior, one hand wistfully brushing past them. No, no, no. Definitely not. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing frou-frou shit like this. She thumbed through some of the clothes, then moved around towards the counter. Her eyes lit up as she saw something within reach. "Oho!" She almost clambered over the counter, snagging the piece of clothing from behind it. It was a simple black dress, like any other, but its hem was cut short, not unlike the ones common back at where she used to come from. The tailor was probably experimenting on something, and she dearly wanted to inform him that this kind of fashion won't be in vogue until decades later. She turned the dress over in her hands, a small smile creeping onto her expression. Maybe she'd be the first. "I'm taking this. If you've got boots, I'd take those too." She wandered back towards the racks of men's clothes, and picked out a white shirt, draping it over the black dress in her arm. She thought a second longer, then picked at her ragged overcoat, then smirked. "Yeah, that's good for me. I'll take these, thanks." Even if it looked like a bunch of trash, she was rather pleased with her choice, as she dipped into a fitting room.

After some struggling, she reappeared, with her new outfit- the black dress, with the shirt over it, its white contrasting the black, and her black tattered coat over it. She twirled around on one feet, letting her coat flutter about. "Hmmm..." she looked disgruntled. She took off her overcoat and her shirt, and marched over to the tailor, hoisting upon him the white shirt. "Do you think you could alter this a little?" Without waiting for his reply, she gave him her alteration specifics, which basically amounted to turning the shirt into a semi-vest of sorts. She also shoved her overcoat to him, instructing him to do his best to fix the main body of it, replacing its brooches, but leaving its sleeves and hem as they are.

Neria heard as Nisha asked what clothes girls wore. "Maybe was a slave so long that she doesn't know." Neria pondered. Fennel then said that she should pick the opposite of what Jade would wear. "Fennel..." Neria said as she gripped his shoulder tightly. "You shouldn't tease the others." Turning back to Nisha she said: "Well Nisha I could help y..." However Jade took Nisha with her to help her out, possibly to get back at Fennel.

She noticed Fennel had chosen clothes and put them on. "You are looking fine. You really want to stick with the butler thing, don't you?" Neria said.

Meanwhile Caelum had asked the tailor if he could make alterations to a coat he had chosen and if he had shoes. "Of course, I can alter the coat for winged demihumans. I just need to measure your wings. This is not the first time I have made alterations for a winged demihuman, I have had a couple already. There is a pigeon demihuman here in down who usually needs something of the sort." The tailor said. He began measuring Caelum's wings. "Anyways, yes we do offer shoes and I will have an assistant help you with that while I make the alterations." The tailor then waved over an assistant to help Caelum with the shoes.

Viz then mentioned that girls could wear anything they'd like. "That's true. It depends on what style you prefer. Girls wearing pants/trousers may not be as socially acceptable here but you could still go with it. I'd say if a long skirt is uncomfortable with you, wear a shorter skirt or shorts and wear long stockings to make up for modesty. Personally, I would have put Nisha in a knee length buttoned dress or a pleated skirt with a blouse and a tie or a ribbon, maybe even something with a sailor collar like I am wearing." Neria said, still within earshot of most in the store.

Viz then found something and asked the tailor before he left to alter Caelum's clothing of choice whether he could alter the white shirt she found and fix her overcoat. "Of course, there is virtually nothing I shouldn't be able to make when it comes to clothing." The tailor said, taking the clothes with him.

Neria went over to a tailor's assistant who was a demihuman. "Hey. Is the outfit that I ordered ready?" Neria asked. The assistant looked a little puzzled. "The captain of the order outfit. You know the armored dress?" Neria continued. The assistant then remembered: "Ohhh that one. It is done. But isn't it a bit heavy for you?" "Don't worry about that. It shouldn't be an issue. Plus I have plenty of time to walk around and practice fighting in it." Neria said. The assistant then led Neria into a separate room to try out the outfit. Usually, Neria only attended the order in mage robes but a Captain Knight of the Order needed armor, even if it was mostly formal and for show. Neria took off her dress and put on the armored dress which had both chainmail and plate armor. The skirt and sleeves were basically darkened chainmail. Chest protection, neckguard, back and shoulders were plated and colored black and gold. The rest was covered in black or red fabric. The dress came with black plated boots that looked heavier than they actually were. The outfit was heavy, but she'd get used to it in time. All in all, the dress didn't impede movement. She came out to show the others.
"Look I will be wearing this at the adoption ceremony. Just a little formality for a knight captain of the order." Neria said while twirling around.

Fennel Ravel
Feeling a crushing grip on his shoulder Fennel made a slightly strangled noise. "Yes ma'am, sorry ma'am." He said quickly. Watching Jade haul Nisha away he tried to look a bit less amused, it seemed she didn't lean as hard into the rough tomboy image as he first thought.

Preening he took the compliment on his new outfit with all the humility of a racing driver atop the podium. "You're too kind Miss Bocq. I suppose I became so used to wearing this sort of thing that I don't think of it as particularly formal anymore, I'll probably leave out the coattails most of the time though." Finding a pair of dark dress shoes he liked the look of he slipped them on. "I kind of like the butler image, not so much the subservient part but the totally unflappable and always in control side appeals to me." Inwardly he supposed it offset how little control he'd had over this particular life of his.

Satisfied Fennel observed the others milling about taking an interest in the rather gothic outfit Viz was assembling, if nothing else it contrasted well with the pale colours of her hair and skin. The armoured outfit Neria apparently had on order was much flashier and thoroughly dispelled any remaining scepticism he may have had about her lofty titles. "This 'tailor' certainly has a lot of different skills." He commented. "In any case it's wonderful work."

mysteryxio mysteryxio simj26 simj26 TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen

Caelum

There was a sense of unease the came over Caelum. Being measured like this felt like he was back at his teachers order. His 1st teachers. That order did often measure him for things such as armor or new clothes for the times when his wings ripped through. They weren't used to training someone like him, only that they saw him as someone to carry out orders. He pushed the thoughts out of his head. He had to remind himself that this was were he was for now, among someone who seemed decent, like she wouldn't just outright force him to do horrible things, things that he found appalling in his life before. He looked at the tattoos on his hands, symbols of his "cowardice" he saw them as symbols that in him there was something that was who he was. He rubbed his wings as he stretched them, the small scars that could only be seen up close from his several attempts at escaping.

When he was done being measured, he moved to a private area to try on some pants, finding a dark blue pair that he liked. He also picked out a dark purple shirt, asking the man to do the same to that. While he didn't mind showing off his muscles or some of his scars, the ones he wanted to hide would be on his back, he wasn't sure how cold it got at night here and he'd rather have the layers. The shoes he'd found were simple in looks but felt like something he could move and even fight in. They were stitched with a pair of wings on the heels and Caelum felt that these were perfect for him.

He waited for the alterations to be finished. Caelum watched the others as they seemed to find clothes perfect for themselves. When he saw Neria dressed as she was the first thought in Caelum's mind was that she looked like she was from some odd anime he'd seen. When the jacket and shirt were finished he put them on and looked himself over. Not bad, he was happy. As he walked over to the rest of them he wondered just what other secrets this person held. "Magic user, savior of enslaved, captain of the night order...how many lives have you lived?"

Jade led the two towards the dresses at first. She wasn't really too sure of what real girls wore when they wanted to look decent, she just knew that she had to show up that damn rabbit when she and Nisha came back. As she approached the dresses, she quickly began to realize that she really barely understood fashion for women.

She plucked a dress(?) that she felt was particularly girly enough for Nisha. It was mostly black, with sleeves and an accompanying black lace veil. It had a floral aesthetic to it, with roses laced up the sleeves and circling the hem of the skirt. It was funeral attire, with how dark it was. The bear demihuman had never seen what she considered to be "nice" clothing on women before asides from when Hawkwood posthumously had professional mourners at his funeral. They looked ephemeral to her, ghostlike. Their beauty was concealed behind their black veils, where empty tears for a great man they never knew rolled down to their chins, and the ground. It was the only time she really ever saw women in that light before, every other time it was some sort of tavern wench looking to get one of the mercenaries to hire their services. She never understood what it meant, but it was still beautiful to her nonetheless.

Jade knew for a fact that this wasn't what girls were supposed to wear, but this was what she knew, so she gave it a try. "Here, I think this at least looks a little nice." She held it over Nisha's little frame, her lively blonde hair contrasting the bleak black and what it represented. Her face scrunched up a bit as she stared. "Mmm..." She put it back and pulled out a similar dress, but it had a little more liveliness to it. No veil, but black, and its roses held color. "There. I think this could be fine on you." She grinned to herself as she handed Nisha the dress, having decided she wanted one with a similar style done for herself, but without sleeves. She wouldn't let her arms be constrained by mere fabric. Of course, she eyed herself some men's clothing as well. A few pairs of pants and some loose tunics would most certainly suffice when she didn't feel like pretending to be some noblewoman.

When she came out to find the others again and to get herself fitted, she found that Neria was in something that belonged proudly displayed at a blacksmith's. What was this tailor capable of? She was equal parts amazed and confused but figured that she'd be able to get her own set eventually if she wasn't thrown out again. "The armor's fitting on you." She didn't want to say too much, her mind was still on Nisha.

While the others furnished themselves with their new clothes, Viz busied herself with her new duds. The tailor made swift work of her clothes. Certainly better and faster than what she got back home. The old man always took a week or three, and she distinctly recalled her older brother laughing at her oversized tacky suit that she had to wear for the time being. In a land of sorcery and witchcraft, a craftsman this talented was probably of little surprise. That or maybe he didn't want to gouge Neria for coin. It would be terrible for him, she expected.

After meddling around with her overcoat a little longer, she finally made a little pirouette, flourishing her coat for all to see. It was, in equal parts, refined and shaggy at the same time. It was wild and free, with a dash of elegance. To Viz, it was the exact representation of what and who she was and who she will forever be. She glanced at her own feet, then at her arms, and thought of her knife. She wondered if she could ask the tailor for more stuff, as she glanced over at Neria's new outfit. It seemed like he was capable of making not just clothing, but armor as well. She'll have to make note of this place. If push came to shove, and she couldn't craft her own specialised holster, she would just have to grace the tailor with her knowledge on how to keep hidden weapons.

Her eyes drifted past Neria and over to her companions, and she gave a small nod at each of them. "Those are clothes alright," she commented. "Certainly better than whatever rags you had on. You almost look like actual people," she said jokingly. It was something that her brother told her when she got her first suit. It was meant to be a jab towards her behaviour before she moved up the ranks, but she supposed she could repurpose it somehow.

Nisha Syrvi

Letting herself be guided by Jade, Nisha couldn't help but imagine all the possibilities of dresses she could wear. Approaching the vast selection of clothes, she felt a bit anxious. She was excited, clearly, however she still felt weird. Somewhat worried about what the others would think about her, even though she was a girl and wearing a dress was completely normal. As Jade took out a dress, Nisha noticed how dark it was. It honestly looked like funeral attire, however she liked the floral aesthetic of it. "Here, I think this at least looks a little nice." She looked up at Jade and held still when she held the dress over her, seeing how it would fit on her, however Jade didn't look satisfied. She went back and grabbed a similar looking dress, however it looked a lot more lively compared to the other one. "There. I think this could be fine on you." Nisha took the dress and looked at it and took a few seconds to look at it, almost mesmerized, before looking back up to jade. "Thank you very much!" She chirped before heading to go change her clothes.

She was in the changing room for a few minutes before coming back, having taken more than she normally would to just put on the dress to fangirl over herself as she saw how she looked in the mirror. She came back to the others still admiring the dress she now wore with a bright grin on her face. "How do I look?" She asked Jade.

Interacting with: archur archur

Last edited:
Neria spotted the dress Jade picked out for Nisha. The dress seemed kind of dark, but if Nisha liked it, Neria wouldn't object. Neria went over to the two and said: "If you like the dress, I will buy it for you. But personally, I think you would look good in something like this." Neria then pulled out a light blue, knee length dress with a sailor collar. "Or would you prefer something button up instead, like something you could wear a ribbon or tie to?" Neria said pulling out a white button up dress that would just go down slightly above the knees. "They also have hats here. A beret or a straw hat could fit you too."

In regards to Jade's comment, Neria replied: "Thank you. It may be formal attire but I have fought in armor before. It has been many years though. Back then, I learned to handle a sword, because you cannot solely rely on magic. I can show you my skills later."

Looking at the others, Neria nodded and said: "Decent outfits. Once you are done selecting your clothes, we may need to order school uniforms. Some alterations can be made to the uniforms, as long as their basic structure is noticeable. So if you want a lace trim along your skirt or shirt, it is doable. Or if you'd like to wear a turtleneck underneath or wear your uniform with a choker, it should be negotiable with the school. Those beyond school age can be tutored to knowledge."

"When that's done, I guess we can grab something to eat and then prepare for adoption. Once you are legally my adoptive children, we can deal with all the other stuff like school registration and active training, because a lot of magic needs to be learned and practiced outside. Only a part is theory." Neria said.

(If interaction is insufficient, let me know.)

Fennel Ravel
Watching Jade pick stuff out for Nisha Fennel felt he had been too quick to describe Viz's choices as gothic by comparison, speaking of the wolf girl she also seemed to be finished assembling her outfit out and nodded he approvingly as she showed herself off. While he certainly didn't think himself an authority on fashion he did think Neria's suggestions for Nisha did seem better suited for the seaside town at the very least. He suspected there wouldn't need to be any drastic changes to his current outfit to get a school uniform aside from swapping out the coat though he did wonder if ties were required feeling unsure if he remembered how to tie one after so long, picking up one he liked the look of he awkwardly made a knot that was too tight to be presentable.

The mention of swordplay caught his attention next. "Considering what you're capable of with magic I doubt there are many things you can't overcome that a sword would work better for." It was something he'd always found a bit odd in fantasy settings with abundant magic users, when you could set someone on fire at twenty paces with a wave of your hand what did you need a heavy piece of metal for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back