• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy I Was Reborn As A Demihuman And Became A Mage Apprentice (Isekai Recruitment)

TanteRegenbogen

Cuddly enby auntcle
Plot: You were reborn in another world as a demihuman. Sometime in your youth, your village was raided and you were sold off into servitude. However you were acquired by an elderly woman. Once you get to her place she reveals herself to have disguised herself as an old woman and is in fact a demihuman who looks rather youthful for her age. She wants to make you and the other demihumans in her care her new mage apprentices. Soon you realize that demihumans are looked down upon in human society. Luckily, your guardian is never far away.

Setting: The town of Ambreville. Era is almost a steampunk-ish setting. Late 1800s like but with magic and some more modern technology.

Demihumans look like humans with animal ears and tails. Lizard type demihumans have lizard like pupils and some scales but appear mostly human.

This is more of a recruitment thread and not an interest check. Don't say you are interested if you don't mean it. I have plenty of people who be like "I'm interested." and don't make characters or dont post.

The actual roleplay thread will be up soon.

What sort of age range are you looking for in characters?

Hmmm...if I make a bat demi would they have wings and if so would they be on the back or attached to the arms

How much leeway is there in the backgrounds? The plot summary would seem to imply everyone is from the same place and went from there to market to caretaker.

Well no, all of them were basically captured and enslaved. But they dont necessarily have to be from the same village or town. All that counts is that they are from a demihuman settlement, doesn't have to be the same.

Well no, all of them were basically captured and enslaved. But they dont necessarily have to be from the same village or town. All that counts is that they are from a demihuman settlement, doesn't have to be the same.
Good to hear, now to get to work.

Basically everything about their past lives before they died. Also I though you wanted to make a character for another RP of mine.
Something came up. As in, 'forced conscription' came up.

Also, it sounded pretty difficult to slip into the flow from the get go, so, just to save you and I both from the headaches, I didn't.

I'd like to add another element to the story. Basically that there are difference similar beliefs/religions in that world. The main ones being the Church of the Goddess (for humans) and the Demihuman Church which basically believes in the same deity as that of the humans however that the prophet is a demihuman instead of a human. The caretaker being a follower of a smaller belief group mainly for magic users mainly of demihuman descent but not exclusive to them. Because honestly, in like an 1800s-ish setting, it would be at least an element, even if only secondary.

RizaTiz RizaTiz Your character is accepted. I will try to get a starting post up this evening. Also forgot to mention, that the start is when they are waiting to be bought but then the "old lady" saves them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back