• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy i never asked to be born - a greek mythology roleplay.

phnx.

it's the things we love most that destroy us
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

coded by accalia.

I NEVER ASKED TO BE BORN.

CHAMPION.
neoni

• DEMI-HUMAN.

SUMMARY.

It’s been one thousand years since Alexander the Great finished his campaign. A thousand years since the world was united under Hellenism. A thousand years since the conquest left each country captured as a shell, collapsing on on themselves.

One thousand years ago, the gods looked upon a broken world, and set out to fix it. Each Olympian chose one champion from across the globe, granting them their knowledge and insight in order to lead a better future. Under the rule of these twelve Champions, the world was united once more, forming the twelve kingdoms of the Olympians and keeping a prosperous peace with only the occasional skirmish.

One thousand years has passed, and trouble is brewing once more. The gods sensed a dark presence sweeping over the world, and with the growing chaos, decided to take drastic measures- each god was to procreate with the reigning descendant of the original Champions, creating a child both demigod and Champion, yet stronger than both. Over the next three years, each god would go on to fulfill this pact, hoping to create a generation strong enough to take on what was to come.

Now fully grown, these descendants are beginning to access a fraction of their full powers, but the chaos has grown tired of waiting, and has begun unleashing itself in full force. Monsters have appeared across the world, cities have fallen, armies slaughtered. When the reigning monarchs of each of the twelve kingdoms die suddenly, their descendants are sent on the run, banding together in a last-ditch effort to save their kingdoms- and themselves.

GM NOTE.

Welcome, welcome! So, I've been getting back into my Percy Jackson phase and when thinking about how I could make a Greek mythology-inspired roleplay that wasn't a complete knockoff, I came up with this mess! Because who doesn't love superpowered royalty, amiright? (wink wink)

This is historical-fantasy-ish because while it does have some historical ties (re: first two sentences) and is gonna have a lot of ancient Greek culture stuff, the 'history' part isn't gonna play a huge role unless people want it to. Also, it does take place around 700 c.e., and with mostly world peace and everything, tech will be around late middle ages. That's mostly just worldbuilding stuff we can workd out together though, for our purposes we're just gonna focus on fighting mosters and being badass demigods.

Once this thread garners enough interest, I'll put up a discord link and a lore thread, and then we can work on characters! Roles will be application-based, and depending on the amount of interest, I might limit the amount of characters one person can have. I may or may not make a character myself, really depends on life stuff, haha, though I really don't mind just being a friendly-neighborhood GM.

As far as the roles go, they're all equal in importance to the plot- you can choose whatever god you like best, whichever kingdom sounds the coolest, whatever floats your boat. The only real exception is 'the outsider', since they aren't nobility (if you guessed Hades for this role, congrats, you get a cookie c: ). They're gonna require a bit of extra info in terms of bio, but that's all gonna get sorted out OOC.

Also, listen to the song in the music player. It's a banger.

ABOUT.

summary:
It’s been one thousand years since Alexander the Great finished his campaign. A thousand years since the world was united under Hellenism. A thousand years since the conquest left each country captured as a shell, collapsing on on themselves.

One thousand years ago, the gods looked upon a broken world, and set out to fix it. Each Olympian chose one champion from across the globe, granting them their knowledge and insight in order to lead a better future. Under the rule of these twelve Champions, the world was united once more, forming the twelve kingdoms of the Olympians and keeping a prosperous peace with only the occasional skirmish.

One thousand years has passed, and trouble is brewing once more. The gods sensed a dark presence sweeping over the world, and with the growing chaos, decided to take drastic measures- each god was to procreate with the reigning descendant of the original Champions, creating a child both demigod and Champion, yet stronger than both. Over the next three years, each god would go on to fulfill this pact, hoping to create a generation strong enough to take on what was to come.

Now fully grown, these descendants are beginning to access a fraction of their full powers, but the chaos has grown tired of waiting, and has begun unleashing itself in full force. Monsters have appeared across the world, cities have fallen, armies slaughtered. When the reigning monarchs of each of the twelve kingdoms die suddenly, their descendants are sent on the run, banding together in a last-ditch effort to save their kingdoms- and themselves.

gm note:
Welcome, welcome! So, I've been getting back into my Percy Jackson phase and when thinking about how I could make a Greek mythology-inspired roleplay that wasn't a complete knockoff, I came up with this mess! Because who doesn't love superpowered royalty, amiright? (wink wink)

This is historical-fantasy-ish because while it does have some historical ties (re: first two sentences) and is gonna have a lot of ancient Greek culture stuff, the 'history' part isn't gonna play a huge role unless people want it to. Also, it does take place around 700 c.e., and with mostly world peace and everything, tech will be around late middle ages. That's mostly just worldbuilding stuff we can workd out together though, for our purposes we're just gonna focus on fighting mosters and being badass demigods.

Once this thread garners enough interest, I'll put up a discord link and a lore thread, and then we can work on characters! Roles will be application-based, and depending on the amount of interest, I might limit the amount of characters one person can have. I may or may not make a character myself, really depends on life stuff, haha, though I really don't mind just being a friendly-neighborhood GM.

As far as the roles go, they're all equal in importance to the plot- you can choose whatever god you like best, whichever kingdom sounds the coolest, whatever floats your boat. The only real exception is 'the outsider', since they aren't nobility (if you guessed Hades for this role, congrats, you get a cookie c: ). They're gonna require a bit of extra info in terms of bio, but that's all gonna get sorted out OOC.

Also, listen to the song in the music player. It's a banger.

roles:
the eagle - child of zeus.
the stallion - child of poseidon.
the peacock - child of hera.
the serpent - child of demeter.
the owl - child of athena.
the raven - child of apollo.
the stag - child of artemis.
the boar - child of ares.
the jack - child of hephaestus.
the swan - child of aphrodite.
the hare - child of hermes.
the panther - child of dionysus.
the hound - the outsider.

rules:
1. Basic stuff, first and foremost- no being an a-hole OOC. That stuff's not gonna fly, and if you're purposefully making other members of the roleplay uncomfortable, we'll have to cut you off the cast.
2. This roleplay doesn't have a hard age limit, but it will include some more mature themes- nothing super explicit, but Greek mythology being weird, it will come into play, so I request that you have the maturity to handle it.
3. I find roleplays tend to do better with more frequent posts rather than longer ones, so instead of asking for a five-paragraph post once a week, I'm gonna try and ask for a two or three-paragraph post every three days or so. This isn't a hard deadline by any means, though I still would like at least a post a week if you hit a writing block. As always, real life comes first, so if you can't post for a while, just communicate.
4. Discord is a must! This roleplay will be heavy on OOC, and I just find things way easier to organize over there.

links:
discord - tba.
character sheets - tba.
lore - tba.

Last edited:
nice fancy code, I'm tentatively interested. What "more info" will be for the outsider? And what fcs (art, anime, real people, written description, etc.) would you be looking for, if any, for applications?

Could we be descendants of gods, titans, and protogenoi who aren't of the main 12? From greek mythology, of course. The Hound role is one I'm interested in, but I'm not sure what is allowed for it.

oooo i'm interested
Interested!
I'm tentatively interested
aaaaah i'm so glad! thanks for showing your interest!

nice fancy code
thank you haha, i spent way too much time on it >.<

What "more info" will be for the outsider?
so, since the outsider isn't a royal, the backstory is a bit more finicky in terms of what would or wouldn't fit into the plot, so it's gonna be a bit more ooc planning-heavy! once the discord is set up, feel free to shoot me any questions their, and i'll be happy to answer!

And what fcs (art, anime, real people, written description, etc.) would you be looking for, if any, for applications?
Oh right i was wondering about the face claims too
for consistency's sake, i'm gonna be doin real faceclaims only!

Could we be descendants of gods, titans, and protogenoi who aren't of the main 12? From greek mythology, of course. The Hound role is one I'm interested in, but I'm not sure what is allowed for it.
so, i'm tentatively open to hearing pitches for other parents of the hound- my original intention was the last demigod child of hades, which i probably should've made clearer, but i'm willing to work with a different divine parent if i hear a convincing enough idea!

so, i'm tentatively open to hearing pitches for other parents of the hound- my original intention was the last demigod child of hades, which i probably should've made clearer, but i'm willing to work with a different divine parent if i hear a convincing enough idea!
I was interested in playing a demigod child of Hestia, honestly.

I was interested in playing a demigod child of Hestia, honestly.
hm, i also heard another of my friends was interested in playing a child of hestia, so i might end up adding themm to the cast or switching out a different god, depending on demand ^^

Though several roles are interesting, I think I am most interested in applying for the child of Dionysus. I have a character in mind for them

I am interested! I have a few roles that I would be up to fill, if available. Id like to throw it out there that I am a minor, though, I am fully accustomed to the... weirdness of greek mythology and life, so no worries from me there. Also, a question: Im apart of a very up beat rp on discord (like... kinda moves with real life time sometimes) and there, when theres some quick-witted rp going on there will be one liners, and ive found for short and sweet moments this works to keep things moving. Would that be allowed? Just, short bits coming from to characters that are having a conversation

I--am--absolutely in love with this idea. I'm going to say I'm tentatively interested, if only because I have no clue how life will kick me in the face next, but I totally in love with the everything this is giving off!! (Also, the way I went "hohohohohoho" when I read "Child of Hera" is just--AAAAAA I like this a lot!)

hm, i also heard another of my friends was interested in playing a child of hestia, so i might end up adding themm to the cast or switching out a different god, depending on demand ^^
If someone else wants the child of Hestia slot, I could also go for being the son of a titan such as Pallas, or maybe a protogenoi such as Gaia or perhaps Nyx or Aether.

Just a quick question. Is this gonna be first come first serve? Or will it be based off of forms if multiple people want a specific role? (Wasn’t sure if it was said already and I just didn’t see so figured I’d ask.)

I am interested!
I'm going to say I'm tentatively interested
im interested yesssir
Also interested!
Oh along with my question I am also interested. Lol
welcome yall, so happy to have you here!!

Though several roles are interesting, I think I am most interested in applying for the child of Dionysus. I have a character in mind for them
(Also, the way I went "hohohohohoho" when I read "Child of Hera" is just--AAAAAA I like this a lot!)
I was thinking of going for Poseidon, or zeus/hera if needed
Hiya, and Demeter is for me. ^33^
yall do NOT know how excited i am to see these characters, bring it on !!

HI I'M HERE, I'M INTERESTED WHOOOOOOOOOOO
WHY HELLO my favorite co-gm

I could also go for being the son of a titan such as Pallas, or maybe a protogenoi such as Gaia or perhaps Nyx or Aether.
ooo i LOVE nyx that is such a good idea!! just make sure to let me know your ideas in the dizzy so that we can fit em into the plot c:

I--am--absolutely in love with this idea. I'm going to say I'm tentatively interested, if only because I have no clue how life will kick me in the face next, but I totally in love with the everything this is giving off!! (Also, the way I went "hohohohohoho" when I read "Child of Hera" is just--AAAAAA I like this a lot!)
AWE YOU ARE SO SWEET

Also, a question: Im apart of a very up beat rp on discord (like... kinda moves with real life time sometimes) and there, when theres some quick-witted rp going on there will be one liners, and ive found for short and sweet moments this works to keep things moving. Would that be allowed? Just, short bits coming from to characters that are having a conversation
this is actually a really cute idea, so like lil side convos between the main posts? i'd totally be down for that, depending on the circumstance irp (since it's gonna be a fair amount a quest-driven rp, it might be a bit restricted when interacting with npcs) but like other than that i'd absolutely be down!

Oh another question, do fcs need to be Greek?
okay this is a super good question!! so over the past thousand years the twelve kingdoms are spanning most of the world (barring some neutral zones and monster areas, but i'm getting off topic-) so it would make most sense for faceclaims to be from around that area- for example, the kingdom of hephaestus is located in modern australia, so it would make most sense for that heir to have an aboriginal faceclaim, the kingdom of aphrodite spans east asia, so they would most likely have an east asian fc, etc.! at the end of the day though, the choice of fc is up to you! all the locations of the kingdoms will be in the lore thread, but just for info's sake, the only kingdom still spanning the ancient greek city-states is the kingdom of athena (with some disputed territory with the kingdom of zeus, but again, topic for the lore thread! i'm getting so ahead of myself lolol)

Just a quick question. Is this gonna be first come first serve? Or will it be based off of forms if multiple people want a specific role? (Wasn’t sure if it was said already and I just didn’t see so figured I’d ask.)
it's gonna be application-based, but feel free to apply for more than one role!

okay, with that all out of the way, the discord will be up later tonight! character thread and lore will likely be up next week, since i've got camp thursday, work saturday and a flight right after, but i can try and squeeze it in friday! aside from that, for all means, ask me ALL the questions you want and feel free to start planning! so excited to do this with yall!!

Nice I feel like I’m gonna use Stephen James as my fc! I’m looking forward to making him! (Will probably be applying for Hound or Boar for him.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back