• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Where Should This RP Take Place?

• Just on RPnation with multiple threads

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Use Discord for chatrooms and RPnation for out-of-chat roleplay and ooc

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Have roleplay be solely on Discord

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Stitches and Patchwork

The Cheese Knees
8d04d28e10a76c8fe32b2d552b8ab702f3cf1237_hq.gif

did you get mysterious messages

plot

connection- a relationship in which a person, thing, or idea is linked or associated with something else

For quite some time, Rika Kim had served as a connection herself. Specifically, she used her relations to bring together the members of the charity organization known as the RFA, short for Rika's Fundraising Association, from her fiance's wealthy childhood friend, Jumin Han, to an elusive hacker known only as 707. Together, the association rose money to help support various organizations by fundraising through the hosting of parties, a tactic that proved to be quite successful. And as time passed by with Rika working alongside the members of the group, she served as a driving force within the group, not only leading the organization of these parties as coordinator but serving as an emotional glue for the group.

Which made her sudden death so impactful.

Before the group knew it, the one who had brought them all together had abruptly left their lives. And the RFA had not held another successful party since. All attempts to do so had failed and over time, the connections between the group begun to shift and weaken as tensions arose and the absence of Rika continued to become increasingly evident.

However, a year after Rika's death, Rika's former apartment is purchased by a mysterious organization known only as Magenta, unknown to the RFA, especially since a good majority didn't even know her address. From there, a few individuals that are quite down on their luck found themselves receiving e-mail offers at coincidentally the perfect time. And thus, after sharing a few e-mails with the mysterious yet seemingly friendly landlord of the area, they accept the offer and are all given near-identical times on the same day to move in.

But as they move in, they find themselves wrapped up in increasingly stranger circumstances. Outside of themselves, no one else seems to be within the building. And upon entering, their phones suddenly crashed and upon being reopened, appear to have a new messaging application on it with an unknown number already texting them and giving them rather ominous instructions. Specifically, instructions to find a specific apartment within the complex. Should they disobey these instructions and leave the apartment building or attempt to call any officials or warrant anybody outside of the building to do so, the building will be set to explode.

Upon reluctantly following these instructions, the individuals find themselves suddenly thrust into a chatroom with one more set of instructions from the unknown number.

1. Say you were manipulated into going to the apartment by some text messages from a stranger before being led to the app by the texts
2. Play along and do not alarm them in any way

And before they knew it, under these threatening circumstances, these individuals had become connected to not only the RFA but to a future filled with friendship, romance, and a plot larger and more complex than any of them could imagine.

rules
Hello! So if you couldn't tell, this is a roleplay based in an AU for the otome game Mystic Messenger. As expected, general RPnation guidelines apply alongside a few others rules below. Also, keep an eye out for the password ;):

1. This group is intended to be semi-literate or beyond when it comes to writing out of chatrooms (since I doubt texts need to be a paragraph long haha!). While I am a literate roleplayer myself, I found with classes for some starting again, myself included, it may be harder to write long and detailed posts and I do wish for this roleplay to be relaxing for all of us. Thus, when writing things out of chatroom, it is preferred if you write at least one paragraph per post. However, the more material the better!

2. It is preferred that you do remain semi-active for this roleplay as having a character offline can really cause the roleplay to grind to a halt. Specifically, please try to use your characters once a day, whether it be in chatrooms or irl roleplaying. Should something arise, please inform us in the ooc. This rule is subject to change as I know lives can be crazy and I don't want to be too harsh. But I do want to prevent this roleplay from dying to the best of my abilities so... please be active people!

3. In order to prevent the OC spots from being filled faster than the canon spots or vice versa, especially considering that this roleplay is meant to be OC x Canon, it is preferred that everyone who wishes to join is willing to play one OC and one canon character and give them equal attention (like please do not just play one of them for hours every day and have the other pop by occasionally for a few minutes).

4. This is first come and first serve when to comes to characters. However, please do not use this setup to create an Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu OC and force them to be the center of the plot. This is an ensemble cast and I want everyone to feel as their characters have a role in the story and a moment to shine with deep fun characters. Also please do roleplay the canon characters accurately. Headcanons are beyond welcomed, however, please avoid having the canon be completely out of character.

5. If you couldn't tell, romance will be playing a key part in this roleplay. This is based on an otome game after all. The romance will be specifically centered on OC x Canon pairings. That said, please do not force the romances nor rush them. There will be no heart systems within the rp and rather, the couples are expected to just develop naturally during the course of the plot. So please, don't pressure anyone into entering a relationship with your character or harass anyone on these matters. Just let chemistry do its thing and let's all have fun. And considering that we have quite a large cast interacting with an intricate plot as Mystic Messenger, don't feel the need to base everything around romance. Make some close friendships, create meme-able moments, play a role in the drama. Just have fun with the possibilities!

6. LGBTQ+ is beyond open in this. That said, any discrimination or harassment towards other roleplayers is far from welcomed here.

7. Please be active in the discussion. While I plan to run this roleplay to the best of my abilities, my plot has a few holes in it and I'd love input on how we should handle this storyline and have this be a group effort. Thus, the password to join is how far you played in the game and your opinions on including characters and plot points from Another Story like V, Saeran, and even Rika (and possibly Vanderwood. I know he's not a part of Another Story but... Vanderwood) as I'm a bit hesitant on whether to include them or not considering they could make the plot a bit too complicated. Not to mention, I'd love this roleplay group to feel like a group of friends. Let's share memes, jokes, headcanons, the entire works! After all, I want to use this roleplay to not only create an interesting story but bond with other fans. After all, what's more fun than roleplaying with people you can call friends!

canon cast
Yoosung Kim- Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork
Zen- Wolfiee Wolfiee
Jumin Han- LegendaryWarriors LegendaryWarriors

oc spots
1. Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork
2. Wolfiee Wolfiee
3. LegendaryWarriors LegendaryWarriors
(More OC spots may be opened depending on plot discussion)

thank you for reading!

Last edited:
I’ve played pretty much all of it including some of the new stuff. I would say to leave V, Rika, etc out as playable characters just like you said to keep things simple.

I agree, keeping it simple is often sweeter until you see what kind of group we become, so if things ever end up really good and we have nothing to do we can bring inside stories. As far as the endings I played, 707 was my favorite of course and I played Yoosung and Zen's endings as well. Never got time to finish the other endings.

I agree, keeping it simple is often sweeter until you see what kind of group we become, so if things ever end up really good and we have nothing to do we can bring inside stories. As far as the endings I played, 707 was my favorite of course and I played Yoosung and Zen's endings as well. Never got time to finish the other endings.
I’ve played pretty much all of it including some of the new stuff. I would say to leave V, Rika, etc out as playable characters just like you said to keep things simple.
I really do agree with both comments since while I haven’t played Another Story, I have gotten a good chunk of the spoilers and do feel like it could complicate things if we try to include them. That said, I do imagine them needed to be roleplayed in the future considering the role in the story but more as secondary character rather than love interests

Speaking of characters, LegendaryWarriors LegendaryWarriors ! It seems like you are interested in joining if you don’t mind me assuming (and if so, that’s awesome :D!!!)! Are you thinking of joining as an OC and which canon character are you thinking of playing? Keep in mind that if you prefer Yoosung, I’m up for switching ^^

I wouldn't mind playing Jumin, actually. Though, truthfully I haven't managed to complete his ending yet. Also working on my oc
Jumin is your’s. I wish you luck with him and bet you’ll do great ^^ And take your time with your OC. Though, if we do stick with just the main cast and 5 OCs, that means we have more than half of the cast filled :D so I’ll start making an ooc thread and character sheets thread since it seems sticking to RPnation is the most popular choice according to polls unless you two have any objections

I’d be fine with some discord use! It would probably be a lot easier for some aspects.

Alrighty! Thank you for both of your thoughts! Anyways so, while we may use Discord for the chatroom and maybe some ooc, I see an ooc thread on here just in case so yeh! Feel free to check it out and I’ll put character sign up sheets as soon as I can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back