• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy "I don't care if our colours match, we ain't dating!" Sci fi mecha shit

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
When aliens invaded earth many considered the planet lost, their technology was much greater than anything man made and humans died fighting a losing battle. For two years the aliens mutated the planet and experimented cruelly on every walk of life.
That all changed when a brilliant young man named Finibus Speedam was somehow able to adapt alien tech for human use. Piloting the prototype that would one day be known as a Speedam Mechsuit.vlcsnap_2018_06_09_15h08m55s849.jpg
Finibus fought back against the aliens saving people and repurposing alien technology along the way, after three months Finibus had assembled and trained the Speedam force which was made of ten men and women each with their own Mechsuit. It took them just two weeks to decimate every alien across America. After a month they had saved the planet, any alien lucky enough to survive did so by fleeing the planet. It was a brief but nevertheless brutal war.
Earth had been changed forever from the mutations done to the seas and lands.
Monsterous forms that were once a animal or even a person roam the world causing a constant threat to any that cross it's path.
Known as mutants,
they range from pitiful creatures struggling for death or terrifying monsters able to rip through steel like butterd29voc8-1f74a747-d6b3-4fda-afb6-6a2a9b46e633.jpg
Not only are mutants about but as each nation gets back to their feet they agreed not to mess with the remenments of alien technology left behind. Of course that was ignored by everyone as Finibus Speedam seemed to be the only one capable of safely using or even understanding the alien tech. Fast forward five years and humanity has lept forward leaps and bounds in terms of technology. Apart from Speedam the number of humans who could understand alien tech could be counted on one hand, but that didn't stop anyone from copying said tech as best they can. The most common to be utilized was Mechsuits of various kinds.
e3f98fff4f2422ff48d0647f34d02d42.jpge019f057e7062c1439decd37b2b38d33.jpg9787b42b8b72aae5fe13c81f2cab740c.jpg

While mechs helped in construction, defense and security aswell as military purposes very few man made mechs could match the potential of a Speedam Mechsuit. To start with only forty five percent of the population have the inherent "knack" for being a Mechsuit pilot, anyone else will either fail in their attempt or hurt themselves.
A Speedam pilot describes their Mechsuit as a extension of themselves. While it seems simple the amount of systems being controlled at any given time is more than complex. Even when adapted for a human host it requires the use of the alien AI to function at full capacity.

Mech control became apart of the education system in 2123, four years after the Speedam force saved the world. With Finibus still creating and adapting Mechsuits for the sole purpose of giving them out to worthy pilots, many apply at Noucom school and Noucom academy for the chance learning from dr speedam himself or being selected to join the Speedam forces and receiving a custom Mechsuit.

You are one of the five being selected to form Speedam force 4.
================
It's a rp about a superhero mecha team basically, but the population treat these people like mega celebrities and it's become popular to speculate on who the Speedam pilots date. Shipping as some would say.
Simply because a newscaster gave the "cute" nickname of Christmas to the green ghost mech and Red tank mech in Speedam force one. Now they hate having to work as a duo...
Pilots and mechs have their own sick fandom that everyone has to deal with or hopefully avoid at all costs.

If you join you would be a new recruit or in training to join Speedam force 4, you would be dealing with mutants, illegal mechas, terrorist organizations on small and larger scales, Stalking fans, inappropriate fan-fic, companies wanting you to do ads and trying to buy/steal Speedam secrets!

Not sure if this will get a crowd or not. Either way it's not the most serious setting in the world and most things can be explained by sci fi bullshit. If you want in on this know the post requirements is two paragraphs or more once a week.

That sounds f**king awesome!

I have an idea for a character that might have been experimented on by the aliens but was saved from permanent mutation by the original Speedam Force. So he might have some superpowers outside of the mech work, probably some kind of transformation, and he might have worked as a vigilante before becoming part of the Speedam Force 4. I’m thinking maybe he used the money he got from vigilante work to commission his mech suit from Finibus to largely have the same appearance and powers as his alien transformation. How does that sound?

That sounds f**king awesome!

I have an idea for a character that might have been experimented on by the aliens but was saved from permanent mutation by the original Speedam Force. So he might have some superpowers outside of the mech work, probably some kind of transformation, and he might have worked as a vigilante before becoming part of the Speedam Force 4. I’m thinking maybe he used the money he got from vigilante work to commission his mech suit from Finibus to largely have the same appearance and powers as his alien transformation. How does that sound?
No muties allowed

Oh. I didn't know. Maybe I could just tweak it that he's just a big fan of the Speedam Force and decides to apply not knowing how difficult it is (especially with the ship wars).

Its basically just knock off versions of iron man but the speedam brand mechsuits have alien tech aswell as the sci fi alloys found from mutating the planet and opening up the mines created by aliens.

Mutants of any kind are considered monsters, at the very best they might retain some humanity but be unable to convey that sentience due to being/looking so strange in comparison to a human they would be hunted on sight even if it wasn't violent

Well, like I said, they weren't fully mutant. They might have gotten some otherworldly powers, and a transformation, but they wouldn't be full-on or permanently mutated.

Sounds like a cool idea I just don’t know what a good idea for my guy would be, like how he would stand out from the others.

Sounds like a cool idea I just don’t know what a good idea for my guy would be, like how he would stand out from the others.
Can be as simple as iron man who uses his hands and feet to fly but fights with a sword made of alien steel,
Could be something from anthem or power armour from fallout 4 painted a colour,
Hell you can have a mini metal gear that has all the missiles in its arms an legs...

You can knock of anime, games, cartoons
(I would say movies but not on the scale of Pacific rim, keep all Mechsuits under the size of a house)

Well in that case I guess I could have a character that could turn invisible and has high mobility so he could be useful in fights

As for a backstory he could have had a life of crime or something I’m likely going to refine it later

Ooh, as someone who loved pacific rim. I am in love with this idea.

I'll make a cs page tonight and the rp can start once there's two accepted sheets (three players including me)

But the main story wouldn't start proper until there's five people to make up speedam force 4

Cs page is here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back