• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I CAN PUNCH IT! Our Spirit-Slaying Startup《 Character Sheets 》

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
ICPI-Character-Sheet.png

Below you will find the player Character Sheet as well as the NPC Character Sheet in the event you would like to create a recurring/important NPC.
Feel free to format the CS however you'd like as long as all relevant information is included

- P L A Y E R -

Personal
Slayer Registration:
(Any random 8-digit number)
Name:
(Japanese name required.)
(RP start date is September 2022)
Height / Weight:
Appearance:
(Anime FCs only, plus any additional text descriptions; images could also go at the top of the sheet.)
Profile:
(Basically a combination of personality and biography. A general description of your character. For now, don't explain how you were hired for the company.)

Combat
(You do not need to have one of every category.)
Equipment:
(List of equipment your character carries during cases, including weapons. For supernatural weapons, include appearance and it's abilities.)
Abilities:
(Inherent abilities/powers that are supernatural in nature. Different from magic.)
Magic:
(List spells that your character can use. Unlike abilities, spells are not an inherent part of your character.)
Weaknesses:
(Explain any drawbacks your character or their combat style suffers from.)

Relationships
(Depending on your role, delete one of the questions that can't be applied to you. Answer these questions in-character. Leave this blank for now until final cast is confirmed.)
What were the circumstances of your hiring?

What are your views on the president?

What are your views on [blank]?

What are your views on the intern?

Parameters
(This is character flavor and doesn't indicate if another player is stronger/weaker than you. This is also not related to any dice mechanics.)
Resonance: ? / 5 (The strength of your soul and ferocity of its vibration.)
Vitality: ? / 5 (The healthiness of your body and stamina.)
Strength: ? / 5 (Your physical strength.)
Speed: ? / 5 (Your physical speed/agility.)
Body: ? / 5 (Your physical defenses and pain tolerance.)
Intellect: ? / 5 (Your mental acuity and knowledge.)
Technique: ? / 5 (Your martial skill level and/or skill with weapons.)
Magic: ? / 5 (Your skill in using magical arts.)​

Sheet w/o Explanations
Code:
[b][u]Personal[/u][/b]
[b]Slayer Registration:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Date of Birth:[/b]
[b]Height / Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Profile:[/b]

[b][u]Combat[/u][/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Abilities:[/b]
[b]Magic:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b][u]Relationships[/u][/b]
[b][i]What were the circumstances of your hiring?[/i][/b]

[b][i]What are your views on the president?[/i][/b]

[b][i]What are your views on [blank]?[/i][/b]

[b][i]What are your views on [blank]?[/i][/b]

[b][i]What are your views on the intern?[/i][/b]

[b][u]Parameters[/u][/b]
Resonance: ? / 5
Vitality: ? / 5
Strength: ? / 5
Speed: ? / 5
Body: ? / 5
Intellect: ? / 5
Technique: ? / 5
Magic: ? / 5

- N P C -

[ Character Image Here; Anime FCs only ]
Name:
Aliases:
(Alive or Deceased)
Affiliation:
(Groups or organizations they're related to.)
Profile:
(General description of the NPC and their role in the RP.)​

Sheet w/o Explanations
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Aliases:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height / Weight:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]
[b]Profile:[/b]

Last edited:
涼太 • 式波
Ryota Shikinami
PERSONAL ◄

SLAYER REGISTRATION
56281232​
DATE OF BIRTH
July 20, 2000​
HEIGHT / WEIGHT
5'09" (175 cm) / 135 lbs (61 kg)​
APPEARANCE
Note that there are visible scars that wrap around his forearms to show where the transplant of his new arms took place. The skin of his new arms are slightly red in hue and his fingernails are black and sharpened. Sometimes when he is using his powers, strange tattoos appear on his arms momentarily. In terms of attire, the most common clothing he's seen in is his work uniform consisting of a short-sleeved white dress shirt tucked into black slacks, a black leather belt, a pair of really faded high tops in red and white, and a black tie with red stripes. He is noticeably well-built when dressed for work.​
Ever since he was a kid, Ryota—or Ryo, as he prefers—has been a rambunctious punk. He'd always get into trouble for starting fights with others, and he'd always go for the biggest opponents. It was normal for his parents to come home and find Ryo with his face swollen beyond recognition from the beatings he took that day. But no matter how they chastised him, Ryo did what he wanted to do regardless. And what he wanted was to protect others. Every punch and every kick he took was in the service of those who'd been the target of others' bullying.

It was never some righteous display of justice. He just couldn't stand it. He had a keen sense of empathy for others; that still holds true today. Once he started working out—which he did almost religiously—he began to win fights. And despite his lacking in the intelligence department, even against impossible foes, he'd find some offbeat way to achieve victory. His brashness is underscored by a straightforward and frequently blunt attitude. But there's a sense of naivety about it too, like that of a child's.

As far as he can remember, Ryo has been able to see yōkai. At first, he was absolutely terrified of them and often believed he was going crazy. But once he realized that they have no interest in him, he grew more curious and less fearful. He'd spent long stretches of time just observing them going about their business. To be frank, they weren't exactly very fun to watch but it made him feel special to perceive these strange little spirits. When he tried touching one however, his hand simply phased through it. It was a big disappointment to a kid like him. Soon, that consternation grew into apathy. Now he just ignores them like any other uneventful part of life.

In his young adulthood, he dropped out of college to help his mom run their family's convenience store after his dad passed. He didn't mind; in fact, he didn't like college much to begin with. Nothing ever really caught his interest in his studies aside from maybe athletic pursuits. He's incredibly handy with fixing things however, ranging from technology to everyday appliances. Later on, his mom was forced to sell their store after she'd been diagnosed with cancer. Because he's in and out of the hospital a lot to spend time with his mother, much to her chagrin, he finds it incredibly difficult to hold down a steady job and he ends up not taking care of himself very well either.

While not lazy, he just doesn't seem to be very motivated. However, when something sparks his interest, he becomes incredibly excitable and genuinely does his best to learn everything he can about that subject. He has a tendency to refer to himself as the 'unluckiest man alive' and that claim seems to somewhat hold water. When misfortune strikes Ryo, it hits hard and often in a row. As of now, he seems to just coasts through life without any real direction; praying someday his life will change.​

COMBAT ◄

EQUIPMENT
  • Official Yōkai Guide: As a new spirit-slayer, Ryo likes to carry this little thing around so he can quickly access information regarding the various yōkai threats he may encounter. He tends to read it at the most inopportune time.

• Cracked Smartphone: A phone that's certainly seen better days. It's used for communication with his teammates.

• Lucky Charm: A small charm on a shimenawa string fastened to his belt. Ryo is convinced this thing will bring him good luck. That claim is dubious.
ABILITIES
  • Demonic Arms: A pair of arms of unknown origin and undoubtedly paranormal in nature. While Ryo has control of them most of the time, there are instances where they will act in accordance of their own free will. And they seem to have a disdain for Ryo, choking or punching him when the opportunity arises; although he is quick to regain control. Their foremost ability is to be able to punch literally anything.

Intangible matter shatters like glass upon impact, and even otherworldly creatures like yōkai—who are unaffected by most things in the material plane—are fair game to him. The effectiveness of this power directly correlates to the activity of spiritual resonance within Ryo. In addition, he is able to freely control the physiology of these limbs beyond the expectations of what is normal with seemingly no harm being done to himself.

One example: he can twists his arm to an unthinkable degree and cause a rapid rotation that transforms his fist into a rotating drill; creating a fiercely penetrative punch.

• Immense Physicals: After receiving his new limbs, all of Ryo's physical attributes have increased dramatically, entering into the realm of what is considered supernatural. His strength, speed, durability, and stamina have gone beyond that of any human and surpasses even some high-level yōkai. In his first time against a malicious spirit, Ryo punched it so hard that it burst like a water balloon, completely painting the area he was in with its remains.

• Keen Senses: While not as substantial an increase as with his physical properties, Ryo still received an appreciable boost to his five natural senses, going beyond that of ordinary humans.
MAGIC
None​
WEAKNESSES
Ryo's natural inclination is close-quarters combat, meaning he has to get up close and personal in order to land his devastating punches. In the event that he is faced with a more agile foe or one that prefers fighting from a distance, he has to put in much more effort to be effective in combat. He is also not the most intelligent person, operating mostly on instinct and brute force. Complex strategies will work better on him than most. And since he is an inexperienced slayer, his control of spiritual resonance leaves much to be desire. This can result in his powers working oddly or not at all at times.​

RELATIONSHIPS ◄

"It happened out of nowhere. First, I woke up in this creepy-ass hospital with these damn arms; next thing I knew, I'm duking it out with an evil spirit and ended up getting drenched in spirit guts! How is that even possible?! Why do spirits have blood or innards?! Gross! Then our Madame President just kinda hired me on the spot, like I didn't really have a choice. Honestly, I thought I was being scammed. But... I think it turned out to be a good thing. I have a steady job now at least. I have some dependable coworkers. And I can enjoy Ginko's God-like ramen everyday! Is this a 'proper' life?"

"Oh, well, uhh... She's an awesome chef and I think she's really cute- Huh? It's not 'that' type of question? Y-Yeah I knew that, shut up! I mean, I guess I have to say I'm thankful to her. She gave me this job and sorta my life back. I seriously didn't have anything going for me before all of this. But with this job, I feel like I'm doing something that matters. She's a great leader! She looks after all of us and she's definitely been nicer to me than most people I've met. Don't tell her this but she and the others need to be a bit more personable with our clients. Isn't customer service kind of a big deal in any business? Anyways, I'm gonna work as hard as I can to pay her back for everything she's done for me! So... you're going to omit that first part right? H-Hey don't run away!"

What are your views on Kurono Matsusake?
"Man, she's super scary! Why is she always describing things in how pleasurable they would be to maim or kill?! Have you seen her in battle?! I think she gets off on this kind of stuff! Even I start to feel bad for the yōkai! Saving grace is she's really, really good at her job. And you can depend on her to watch your back. But I can't tell if that's because she's genuinely looking out for you or she just wants to keep her killstreak going! But seriously, she gives everybody the creeps! Ask Chiyo! Don't get me wrong, she's hot, but there's a limit to the absurdity! She might be like one of those spiders with the red thing on their abdomen! Stop shouting my sentences? Behind me? H-Hey don't run away!"

What are your views on Chiyo Ran?
"I thought I had a temper but then I met Chiyo. Word of advice: he has a mean right hook. Don’t blurt out the wrong thing when you first meet him. Let's just say I learned through experience. He's pretty cool once you get to know him though. And his healing magic is awesome! I can go all-out if I know he's around, even if I end up getting yelled at sometimes. He seems kinda cold at times too. There's this distance between him and everybody else. I know 'coworkers' don't exactly mean 'friends' but I know that being lonely sucks. Maybe I should see if he wants to go get a beer or something after work one of these days?"

► PARAMETERS ◄

✧ RESONANCE
5 / 5
✧ VITALITY
5 / 5
✧ STRENGTH
5 / 5
✧ SPEED
4 / 5
✧ BODY
4 / 5
✧ INTELLECT
2 / 5
✧ TECHNIQUE
4 / 5
✧ MAGIC
0 / 5​
code by Nano

Last edited:
odkjv1G.png

Matsusake Kurono
SR #16899724
23 y/o | Female | 1999/08/15
5'9 | 141 lbs

• Appearance
    Bold and relaxed, Kurono moves with the audacious ease of someone fully confident that she could kill anyone that bothers her. Her eyes, bright blue and ferocious, casts a predatorial glint as she turns her head, and her clothing choices strike a fine line between being showy and being classy. Tattoos cover her arms and her back, following the motifs of roses and thorns, skulls and snakes, Western designs that clash with yakuza sensibilities. Kurono’s smile means nothing, and there is certainly something homicidal about the way she goes about her work.

But, of course, if one had ever consulted the police about it, they would say she’s clean.

Kurono is the disturbed second daughter of a well-off family. Her childhood pastimes revolved around the destruction of ant hills, the tearing of butterfly wings, and what other cruel mischief she could inflict in the mountains of her family’s property. The way creatures writhed fascinated her, and the rambunctious energy that flooded in her small frame caused her to run riot through the woods, bounding over rocks, climbing up trees, looking for beings to take and break.

They say that children are cruel, for they are unable to sympathize, but even that saying seemed too lenient for Kurono, who’d oft return home muddied and grinning, a collection of trophies in her plexiglass bug container. Her attendants didn’t know what to do with her, her mother was busy managing her affairs, and her father was grooming her older sister to be a successor. Everyone could only lament, then, that the poor child was born in the wrong era.

Because this era was indeed wrong for her.

School replaced the writhing, living world with straight lines and mechanical equations, binaries of fact and truth that compartmentalized and isolated. Cliques formed swift, exclusion became the method of inclusion. And though boys initially warmed up to her love for rough play, and girls initially warmed up to her princely audacity, in the end, none could really stand to be around someone that seemed so off, someone who felt so scary. That was fine though. Kurono didn’t mind. She wasn’t ever alone, after all. She had herself, and that was all she needed to face this maddening world.

Adolescence brought with it delinquency, her fearsome reputation now inspiring local tough guys to try their luck. Sometimes she lost, sometimes she won, but all times, Kurono fought. It was invigorating, after all. The dizziness that ensued after a strike to the back of her head. The frenzy that came as people scrambled to win before their adrenaline drained dry. Brawls or duels, justice or vengeance, self-defence or self-gratification, Kurono didn’t give a shit. It was just fun to fight. It was addicting, to see them writhe.

Suspensions came, then expulsion. Tabloids picked up the story, her connections. Her parents denounced her, threatened to disown her. She dropped out of high school and rented a place out for herself with her New Years savings. For a time, Kurono made her rounds through the amateur fighting circuit, but rules made her antsy, restless. She considered the self-defense force, but they were just the self-defense force. There was something missing, something lacking, some unclear path that she ought to step upon if she were to find her life worth living.

Perhaps she ought to become a hermit.

On January 1, 2017, the Carp Diem incident occurred.

And on evening of the day after that, Slayer #16899724, a crimson-stained shimenawa wrapped around her hands, was registered by the Agency of Supernatural Containment.

Last edited:
i can punch it fc 2.pngfc3.png
Personal
Slayer Registration:
Name: Chiyo Ran ; 千世
Date of Birth: April 12th, 2000
Height / Weight: 5'2 (157 cm) / 115 lbs (52 kgs)
Appearance:
Soft brown hair- often tied in a loose ponytail, wide honey eyes narrowed in a glare, and delicate facial features- all strikingly feminine; though he'd love to pick a fight with anyone that dared point this out. His soft appearance is made jarring in contrast to the way he speaks and moves- aggression and annoyance ebbing at the corners of every sideways glare, crossed arm, and nagging lecture.
Though his frame is small, his line of work sees him getting plenty of physical activity. Beneath however many layers of t-shirts and jackets he's decided on for the day, Chiyo is well muscled and strong for his size, though nowhere near supernatural (or even all that remarkable ). If one happens to catch him without a shirt- in addition to the slightly unexpected musculature; they would be met with a long, deep scar. Stretched over the center of his chest- directly over his heart. Writing ( some sort of rudimentary tattoo ) incircles the old wound, just the word 導体 repeated over again.
His attire ( when not wearing a uniform ) consists of clean dark T-shirts, purposely torn jeans, practical boots, and loose fitting jackets. He tries to look like he doesn't spend too much time on his appearance; but he still tends to gravitate towards more fashionable clothing.

Profile:

" It's better to be hated than a burden, and when you're loved and weak; that's all you can become, " this is the mantra Chiyo repeats in his mind with every clipped swear and rude gesture. Condemning himself to an isolation of his own making until he is "Strong enough" to satisfy his impossible expectations.
Sure-the loneliness may hurt, but it would come around anyway. The second he slipped up. Got hurt. Got someone else hurt- it would be done. When Chiyo inevitably fails his friends, he wont be met with the merciful isolation of an emotional wall between him and his peers, but complete- deafening solitude.
In his mind he may as well skip the part where he gets someone hurt, and cut himself off. The world can be better off for it.

Strangling vines of an inferiority complex root deep into his childhood. The smallest and most sickly of his brothers when he was young, afflicted with an unable to be properly diagnosed illness that had him struggling to gain weight on the best of days; and unable to keep any sort of food down on the worst. Despite a family's talent for healing being passed through the generations, and a renowned practitioner of healing magic being enlisted by his desperate mother; no spell seemed to cure him for more than a few days- and no treatment could do much but lessen the pain.

While Chiyo was left predominantly bedridden, his brothers were becoming exceptionally skilled spirit slayers. A profession like their magic in that it had been passed from their father before his untimely death in the line of duty.
As one may imagine, training to put your life on the line for a pay check took up quite some time and dedication. It was an undertaking as dangerous as it was desirable in Chiyo's young eyes- and one that had him training desperately with every waking moment he could manage; kept a secret. Simply because the boy would much rather avoid the embarrassment of trying and failing.

It wasn't until he was seventeen that he first used magic. Though it is what ultimately cured him- he genuinely wishes he haddent.

Whatever weakness was afflicting him, in his first use of magic he transferred all twelve years of dilapidation onto one of his brothers. It was an accident, but one that was not able to be reversed by Chiyo- and severely effected his brother's prospects of becoming a Spirit Slayer. Or partaking in any form of staining physical activity.
Chiyo turned eighteen not a month later, and left the same night. Weather it was from a distaste in being abandoned for the better part of twelve years, a desire to forget his pitiful past, or a fear of facing his brother- not even he is quite sure.

Combat
Equipment:

Smartphone
Pristine, though a bit of an older model. It gets the job done.​
Wallet
Contains wallet things- ID, Spirit Slayer Badge, Whatever paycheck he's gotten recently- etc.​
Leather Gloves
They're useful when it comes to keeping his hands...at least a little protected.​

Pocket Knife
Doesn't actually use this in battle, but useful for other things.​

Butterscotch
Given to him by his elderly neighbor he often helps with chores- and is still under the impression he is a 15 year old girl. He hates butterscotch. He just can't give them away fast enough to avoid having them accumulate in his pockets.​

Abilities:

Durability
Even without the effects of magic, Chiyo can take on a frightening amount of damage before he gives in. So much so that his hand to hand fighting technique includes "get hit and give it back harder" more so than it does actually dodging.​

Magic:
Karmic Conduit
A magic technique passed through his family, though the form Chiyo practices is notably more powerful than any that have been recorded in recent family history.​
Chiyo's magic allows a user to transfer any damage that afflicts them onto another living (or spiritual, given they have some sort of physical presence) being of equal or greater mass than that of the area sustained; and vice versa. The transfer is made through close contact, a target touching the user's skin- or connected through a thin layer of organic material (ex. a cotton shirt ). The ability can be used to harm given the user is sufficiently injured- or heal by taking on an afflicted person's injuries and transferring them to an enemy or non-sentient plant life.​
Though, as stated earlier- Chiyo's form of this technique is much more effective than those that came before him ( specifically in transferring his own injuries onto other living organic material ) he is much less comfortable with the combat aspect of his magic when forced to use it against any human combatant- processed or not.​
When contact is made and the ability is activated, the words surrounding the scar on his heart will shine- a glow that flickers like candlelight; and burn his skin ever so slightly. The transfer happens instantaneously, unfortunately the pain from any injuries Chiyo himself sustains will linger for the next few hours, healed or not.​
Scar tissue, and any state of the body that has been present for more than a year can not be transferred from others; though Chiyo can transfer anything from himself save the scar on his chest.​

Weaknesses:
Despite his healthy physique , his small stature leaves him greatly lacking in strength; especially when a good chunk of both people and Yokai could simply pick him up and throw him. In addition to the physical shortcoming, he is incredibly emotional- and feelings will cloud his vision more often than they could hope to guide him. It's for this reason he would have no qualms facing off with a much more powerful opponents, and simultaneously have trouble harming any sentient being without having second thoughts. Sob stories are also especially powerful when it comes to pulling at his heart strings, and having him go easy on an opponent.

Chiyo also has a rule in combat of " let the other get the first strike in ", though he insists it's because his ability relies on himself being hurt beforehand- he's still human. If he gets K.O-ed the first hit he is out of the game.

Relationships

"...I thought it was.." his voice dipped into too quiet of a mutter for the last few words to be understood. Upon being told this he coughed thrice to clear his throat.
" I thought it was a regular ramen shop at first, okay? Fuck you," The last word was notably said in English- he must have enjoyed English curse words, considering they were the only part of the language he actually knew.
" It wasn't, obviously. But it worked out fine and all- I wanted to be a spirt slayer for a long time anyways. "

" Fine," the word was dismissive, said with the crossing of his arms and an impatient tapping of his foot.
" She tries to help people. What the fuck else am I supposed to say about it? Decent human person and whatever. " A pause.
" I- am... a little worried she works too much though. "
After a moment's thought, he opened his mouth to add a closing statement.
" And she's the same height as me, so not a pain in the neck to make eye contact with. That's a plus. "

What are your views on Kurono?

Chiyo's head turned- once to the left, once to the right; as though making sure no one was listening in on the conversation.
" She's fuckin scary-" he grumbled " I'm not going to tell her that, of course- 'cuz it would go straight to her head or some shit; but she is. "
It seemed every instance that made Chiyo regard Kurono as such flashed in his mind. A visible shiver traveled down his spine.

" ..But I trust her- not to be not-goddamn-creepy, but in a fight. "

" He just fuckin exploded that thing?! "

Parameters
Resonance: 4 / 5
Vitality: 5 / 5
Strength: 2 / 5
Speed: 3 / 5
Body: 4 / 5
Intellect: 3 / 5
Technique: 2 / 5
Magic: 4 / 5

Last edited:
Personal
Slayer Registration:

Name:
Shion Akatsubaki
Date of Birth:
13th March
Height / Weight:
175cm/120lbs
Appearance:
1644366773204.png

Profile:
Shion was a child birthed solely to become a vessel for a powerful Yokai. His family, the Akatsubaki Clan were servants to a family of formerly renown Onmyoji known as the Yagami Clan. Since their subjugation during the Taisho Era. The Akatsubaki lived and died under the orders of their lords. Born with strong constitutions and calm temperament. They made excellent enforcers and Spirit Slayers. As large Onmyo Families lost their standing in the current era. The Yagami Clan stole the remains and relics of the legendary Yokai known as Otakemaru from Kyoto. Their plan was to transform a member of the Akatsubaki into a powerful warrior under their thrall. Shion was bred from the two strongest of his clan for this purpose. Despite knowing of his fate. Shion's parents did their best to give their son as good of a childhood as they could. Raised with love and affection like any other child. When the time came for the ritual. Otakemaru formed a symbiotic relationship with Shion. Instead of resisting his fate. Shion chose to befriend the legendary Yokai. Otakemaru in turn chose to live with Shion rather than serve anyone elses will. Although they had successfully created their warrior. The Yagami Clan had no control over him. They were later absorbed by a larger family. Shion began to work as a freelance Spirit Slayer in order to use his new powers for good.

Combat

Equipment:

Shiroya: A katana that was gifted to Shion by an Ippon-Datara. Its blade had been forged from hardy materials and its edge sharpened by lasers. It is capable of cutting through human and yokai with minimal effort. Although, it is by no means indestructible. Shion often gets into trouble with the Ippon-Datara whenever his sword breaks.
Daitoren: A katana once used by Otakemaru and imbued with scorching flames.
Shotoren: A katana once used by Otakemaru and imbued with frigid cold.
Kenmyoren: A katana once used by Otakemaru and imbued with shocking electricity.

Abilities:
. Enhanced Strength
. Enhanced Speed
. Enhanced Durability
. Enhanced Mental Acuity
. Enhanced Senses
. Regenerative Healing Factor
. Knowledge of Folklore
. Martial Arts

Magic:
Yokai Shift: A spell Shion created to better utilize Otakemaru's power. It allows him to utilize one of the Sanmyoken to assume a Hanyo or Half-Yokai form. In this state, all of his parameters are doubled and he gains affinity over the element of a specific sword. This power can further be pushed by wielding two swords, which reduces the time limit to thirty seconds. Shion is capable but rarely goes beyond that to wield power similar to Otakemaru himself with all three swords with a mere fifteen seconds time limit.

Weaknesses:
Soul Energy: Otakemaru is one of the most powerful Yokai in existence. Even with a suitable vessel like Shion. He requires a steady stream of soul energy in order to prevent himself from destabilizing the young man's body. This is usually gathered from slain Yokai.
Sanmyoken: Although Shion is able to use the three holy swords of Otakemaru. They are ultimately demonic weapons made for a legendary Yokai. If Shion attempts to push his Yokai Shift further than he can manage. The swords will begin to devour his body and soul.

Relationships

Parameters

Resonance: 2/5
Vitality: 4/5
Strength: 4/5
Speed: 4/5
Body: 4/5
Intellect: 3/5
Technique: 4/5
Magic: 3/5

Last edited:
2d937b5798645ee7b210d6fb3495cd89c1083a38.jpg
黒宮 銀子
Personal
Slayer Registration:
Name: [Family, Given]
Kuromiya Ginko
Date of Birth:
April 16, 1999
Height / Weight:
5'2" (158.8cm) / 109lbs (49.44kg)
Appearance:
Graceful and Refined. These words could easily be utilized to define Ginko, particularly in the way she moves. As a daughter from the Kuromiya family, such a thing is to be expected. However, when taking into account her lithe figure such a thing is accentuated one step further. Given her lack of clear musculature, alongside the fact that she comes up lacking in the height department, it's rather common for her to be mistaken as dainty or vulnerable in appearance. Although there is some muscle, albeit lean to the point of non-detection, these traits would appear a little more true if an ignorant eye was turned towards her agility. Coupled with her striking bluish-gray eyes, and paler complexion, she might seem to be the ideal target for some shady sod- or a drunkard who believes themselves to be 'hot shit'. But the distant, chilling sensation that comes from those very same eyes often serves as a deterrent for the former- unfortunately, the latter can't see straight half of the time and pass out in the other half.

In terms of clothing, her typical style is similar to a somewhat classy business-casual type of look- though regardless of the outfit a coat is always present. Though it's far more likely to find her dressed for work at the ramen shop. That is to say; a pair of jeans, one of many sarashi, a black tank top or tee-shirt, an apron branded with the establishment's logo, and a bandana. The absence of the aforementioned coat here is likely to prevent its tarnishing or overheating whilst working. In terms of additional or strange features, she would never show it but there are markings on her lower back where the skin is black as coal. These black patches almost appear to be in line to look like scratch marks or scars from a knife wound, but their deep black coloration and the slightest icy-blue sheen that comes from it would dictate that it's not scar tissue.
Profile:
Ginko was an inquisitive mind, even from a young age. She would be puzzled by simple things at first, but gradually the challenges she tackled grew and her intellect along with it. However, the first question she held was unanswered for many years. “Why is my hair different from everyone else?” A simple thought for the curious silver-haired girl who found herself surrounded by a family of raven-black locks. The Kuromiya family had always been renowned for their hair that was black at night, not a single member born of its blood deviated from this. In times long since passed they had been an established family of onmyōji, renown for their unparalleled ability to control a wide array of powerful Shikigami. But they grew prideful in those times and found themselves betrayed by a close ally of their family. A curse had been placed upon one of their ancestors, and their blood tainted by this malignant power that now lurked within. Despite its rareness, the curse would activate every so often- changing the offspring who bore it. In time, members of the family had begun to suddenly vanish until their public presence was entirely erased.

The shrine in which Ginko and her family reside is one of the ‘clusters’, the remnants of their family who haven’t been dissolved into the world of normality. As the profession of a “Spirit Slayer” became more prominent in modern times, there were government members who reached out to the family. At first, they were hesitant, but eventually acquiesced and worked to carry out covert activities. In time she was taught to be secretive, and quickly learned the value of keeping information from those who need not hear it- even more so those who it may harm. Despite being studious and boasting a greater than usual level of intelligence, Ginko had a hard time making friends or socializing in general while growing up. So she made up for it in being dependable and became a model of responsibility.

One night there was an incident, something had broken through the barriers and upon sensing her soul, possessed Ginko. Her memories of the situation are murky at best, but she was told that it had been the influence of a yokai. The stench of iron in the air made it clear what had occurred at the shrine, and Ginko was made painfully aware of the ‘Silver Child’ and ‘Cursed Blood’ by the stares of those who had witnessed the carnage. As if to reflect their own emotional states, the naivety she held was quickly warped into distrust. She was forced to undergo multiple rituals, due to an ‘improper cleansing’ of the being that possessed her- supposedly resulting in its soul being shattered rather than cast away. Alongside this her training as a ‘Spirit Slayer’ intensified, now being deemed high-priority to prevent this sort of situation from occurring in the future.

Time went on, and she began working for the ASC in whatever jobs her family handed to her in addition to the part-time jobs she had taken on. To get away from those suffocating stares she drowned herself in work, becoming a textbook workaholic in a matter of weeks. Her capability of talking to people had become a bit less rigid due to the added need for socialization, but she was still rather direct and matter-of-fact in her speech. Sympathy won out over Empathy, and while she could understand the situation of others it became much harder to share those feelings. At this time of her life, she had met an officer by the name of Fujishima Rei, a very talkative individual. In one of their car rides she complained about how she was set to inherit the deed to an old business that belonged to a recently deceased grandfather, mostly about how she didn’t want to be stuck with it. “If you don’t want it, just find someone else to take it off your hands.”

That statement is what resulted in her being given a deed to an old ramen shop in the suburbs of Tokyo, and a small ‘finders fee’. Over the course of three months, she went about repairing the old building, a place which came with a built-in residence- complete with chipping paint. Having graduated early due to skipping a grade, she was able to dedicate most of her time to this and her jobs without a problem. Though the old man who constantly complained to the newly eighteen-year-old about the shop being closed was a nuisance, it helped motivate her along this path. This would be a base of operation henceforth, using the money she’d saved over the years this inconspicuous ramen shop would host her company meant to prevent tragedies like the one she’d been involved with from happening. So, after rebranding the shop and opening its doors the search for potential employees, and her growing passion for ramen, had begun.

Combat
Equipment:
ASC Official Yokai Guide- Despite having memorized the booklet from cover to cover, Ginko is almost certain to have at least one copy of this item on her when doing Yokai related work.

Ofuda Box- Despite being called this, the container which holds the paper talismans she uses acts more like the sheathe to a gun than the ornate container it was likely meant to be. Needless to say, this small container is constantly stocked full of talismans and often found securely strapped to her thigh.

War Fan- This Gunsen war fan isn't so much used for striking or jabbing opponents, though the metal spokes could definitely have a hefty impact, instead it's used as a distraction in most cases. Performing in tandem with her talismans, it can allow for a short distraction of her opponents while she continues chanting. When this fan is opened it holds the character 則 or "Rule" written in boldened black upon its otherwise red backdrop.

'Normal People Items'- This is a broad term to basically describe her cellphone, wallet, and any other miscellaneous item she may bring into a mission. Though it's safe to assume none of these will be harmful against a yokai.
Abilities:
Supernatural Perception- Perhaps the lingering effects of possession, or maybe a boon from the rituals performed on her, Ginko has a greatly heightened sense of perception along with an unnaturally quick reaction time. This allows for her to spot flashes of a spirit or even the features of someone's face within a fraction of the time that a normal human or even one with slightly enhanced senses could. When combined with the enhanced reaction time she gets from this, it's entirely possible that she could sense an attack striking her and dodge it by a hair's breadth. Or catching a button the moment before it hits the floor. Limitations of the human body still exist though, so it's not like she can take on fluidlike properties and dodge every drop of rain or anything.

Divine Dish- One spoonful of broth is all it takes for someone to get hooked. Though it may merely be due to being a talented chef, Ginko has often had the ramen she serves described as divine or magical. For some reason whenever people begin to eat the food she has prepared it's like they find themselves unable to stop- as if their taste buds alone have taken control of their bodies and hunger for stimulation. It's a welcome compliment to see people cleaning their bowls, and it's most definitely good for business, but why this seemingly enchanted effect occurs is still unknown to her.

Magic:
Dance of the Black Shrine-In the past the act of conjuring beings into existence, and binding them with one own spiritual force had been a symbol of an Onmyoji's power. Those very same rituals were improved upon by the Kuromiya clan and served as their namesake for the years that they resided in the spotlight. Ginko's understanding of the old rituals, along with the coveted new ones of her family runs deep- as would be expected of one who had them drilled into their head for their entire life. By following these teachings, Ginko is capable of performing a complex ceremony to draw forth the power of a god, demon, yokai, or ghost and bind it to the resonance of one's own soul. Upon a successful binding, the shiki carries out its master's will. Ranging anywhere from tasks such as surveying, stealing, possession, or fighting. Due to the nature of her family's rituals, the shiki which they summon tend to have great levels of power which are more in line with a shikiōji but this also means that the risks that come from losing control of them can ring much greater devastation.

Chant of the Five Rings- Based on the concepts of Kotodama (Spirit of Language) and Godai (Five Rings), this style of magic revolves around the usage of incantations to weave these worldly elements into a form that is easier to be manipulated by mortal hands. When used properly this style of magic allows for the creation of barriers, utilization of the five elements in their raw or additive state, or even rituals of divination. Being the primary form of offensive magic that Ginko utilizes, it's safe to say that she's adept in her control of it. Despite the fact that this magic can be used without the requirement of a medium or focus, other than the body of the caster, Ginko often chooses to imbue the effects of her incantations into her talismans. This not only concentrates the effect, and grants a much more precise level of control, but can also allow for a deeper level of purification- should that be the intended purpose.

An example of a spell that could be used from this style of magic is; By weaving together the "Ku" (Void/Heaven) along with "Fu" (Wind) and "Mizu" (Water) while stating an incantation may cause the visage of a dragon made entirely of water to appear and fly towards one's opponent to inflict damage or restrain them. If used with a talisman this may strengthen the visage and grant it additional potency, or it could be used to consecrate the water making up the visages body and add a purifying property to the attack. As a typical rule of thumb, the length of an incantation often impacts the strength it bears. As such, shorter incantations are capable of being more rapidly fired off at the cost of moderate to low effect, while longer incantations are more likely to bear a shattering impact.
Weaknesses:
One of the most glaring issues is the fact that Ginko relies near exclusively on magic for fighting. While the presence of the shikigami she controls works to soften the blow of having minimal close-quarters-combat defenses, even they struggle with the presence of an enemy in favor of blitz tactics. Though chanting while evading is possible, it provides a far greater challenge than doing one or the other. Another large deficit comes from the fact that while it is possible to create shikigami in the midst of a battle, it often produces far weaker conjurations in addition to requiring a large time sink to do so. Due to this, if the Shikigami that Ginko has already bound to her is insufficient then there is little-to-no possibility of just summoning a few more.

Relationships
What are your views on Kurono?

"She's a diligent worker, and I respect her dedication to myself and-" One of the interviewers held a hand up to stop her, before explaining their request further. Ginko nodded slowly in response.

"More personal, very well. When I met her she was rather inexperienced, but I quickly worked to fix that. From what I could tell it seemed that the other ASC permitted companies wouldn't accept her. Many of them appeared to have filed her under, what was it again, oh yes! Underqualified and likely Malicious. Anyways, after she came upon the shop, and we spoke for a while, I made an offer and hired her on that day." Some murmuring can be heard among the interviewers before they go quiet again.

"No, I have yet to regret hiring her. In fact, she's been a very important asset to the company. Though I do wish she would stop damaging the cookware when I attempt to taste test the quality of our food. There have been no complaints from the customers... but it slows productivity when I have to leave in order to purchase another pot." Ginko's pause held for a few moments allowing the interviewers to note a few things down before she continued. "She's proven herself more than capable in battle, and I wouldn't trust my life to anyone other than those under my order. Though I get the sneaking suspicion that if I wasn't the one writing her paychecks she might see me as a predator does prey. Or perhaps she already does and is merely a mantis waiting to strike. Which reminds me, be careful when you leave today- I hear there have been numerous incidents of human on human violence a few blocks away."
What are your views on Chiyo?

"Despite his temper he's a hard worker, I remem-" As the interviewer raised a hand once more Ginko glared towards him, and slowly the hand lowered down once more.

"I would ask that you stop interrupting me before I've even begun. When he first came here he was rather confused, perhaps he hadn't recognized the true nature of the ad I put out. But he seemed pleasantly surprised when I gave further detail on the operation we were running. His skills are quite astonishing as well, the magic he utilizes is far different from any style I know of- granted his tenacity is far greater than mine, I would likely die before making full use of such an ability." The sound of scribbling pen against paper rang out, and Ginko sighed while waiting for them to let her continue.

"Though such a trait is to be expected from a member of our company. I have noticed that he's hesitant, or rather entirely resistant to acknowledging me as -sama. From what I saw in the records, I presume it's due to my weaker-looking physique. Though, I can't say I necessarily mind it. He's another such ally I would entrust my life to. Plus he never looks down on me, not that our heights would permit it." The pun that would've been present was merely received by nods, partially due to the lack of emphasis or energy in her voice when she said it. "I do worry that his emotions may someday get the best of him. Or worse yet, they may result in his death. But, the strength of his will alone might let him walk that off as well."

"Well. To put it simply, I believe that he's a gamble. Leaving aside the fact that the concussive force of his fists alone caused an incorporeal being to implode, his resonance was powerful. The combination of those two, and the omission of anything in the system, from what I could find, leads me to believe that something is amiss. Besides, who knows what would happen if they were to get to him first."
Parameters
Resonance: 5 / 5
Vitality: 4 / 5
Strength: 1 / 5
Speed: 4 / 5
Body: 2 / 5
Intellect: 5 / 5
Technique: 1 / 5
Magic: 5 / 5

Last edited:

• Personal
    Name:
    Ariiasqthylinh Au Seki-Ryu (Their name is 100% foreign and it's 100% on purpose. Their real name is Hikkyō, spelled with the kanji for "fire" and "surprise")
    Date of Birth: Aug 8th
    Height / Weight: 5'9" 115lbs
    Appearance:
    Ariiasq, as they insist on being called, is a nigh-bone-thin, lanky teenager with the general disposition of a displeased stork. Their hair—usually a stark black—is often seen temporarily dyed a dark red, and their eyes appear heterochronic due to their poor eyesight in their left eye and affection for strange accessories. Both eyes are naturally dark brown, though the color of their contact changes colors depending on their mood and how much effort they're willing to put in that day.

They're often found in a variety of dark pants and offensively bright tops, and if they own a pair of non-black-and-slip-on shoes, they haven't seen the light of day in years.

Most people describe them as "unsettling", but that has less to do with the spirit chastising them for being mean to strangers and more to do with the fact that they dress in such a discordant way and only smile on one half of their face.

Profile:
    Arii is from a family of spirit-slayers. Or, rather, a family of what used to be spirit slayers and are now owners of a quaint little technology company. Granted, this family also has no less than a basement full of nothing but items that were previously used on spirits, including a variety of enchanted weapons that Arii refuses to get within five paces of, and also jam jars with spirit wards slapped over them that are filled with angry yōkai.

So, normal things to grow up around.

See, all of this would be all well and good if it weren't for the fact that Ariiasq was a particularly weak member of the Seki-Ryu family. They've always had trouble even seeing spirits, much less interacting with them. This inability to make their soul do what they want wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that apparently, their soul resonates very loudly. This has caused most of Arii's life to be plagued with wearing spirit wards their dad made under their clothes, hiding their thumbs when a hearse goes by, and generally existing in a state of paranoia. Eventually, enough exorcisms were enough for them, and at around their early teens, they traipsed down to the Not-So-Forbidden-Basement, grabbed a random jam jar, smashed it on the ground, and told the spirit inside that if it wanted to live it would help them.

The yōkai, after being talked into a corner, agreed to protect Ariiasq, and they made a deal of it. Arii gifted the yōkai the name "Jet" (also called Kuro depending on how much trouble people have pronouncing his name), and they've been working together ever since, though it's mostly just been shooing malevolent spirits out of places or jarring the particularly nasty ones. (continued some on Jet's profile)

Combat
    Equipment:

Really the only combat equipment Ariiasq can be found with are spirit wards, which only work if the spirit's already in a jar and if the paper remains unmarred.*
    The only exception to this is the nigh-useless pen they carry on them that was enchanted a very long time ago in the same manner weapons are. The pen can technically harm yōkai, but Arii uses them to write new wards.

Other equipment they may be found with includes;
    -A phone
    -Their wallet
    -Post-it notes to scribble new wards on
    -An assortment of different street foods
    -A backpack full of nothing but glass mason jars
    -Jet's flute (that they have no idea how to use)

Abilities:
    Ariiasqthylinh's only real ability is their family's power to bind yōkai to deals they agree to. The "deal" can be verbal or written, and requires both parties' full consent. If either of the two parties break the deal, then repercussions will follow to the individual that broke the deal in the exact inverse of what they were going to get out of the deal. (Ex. if Kuro broke his deal with Ariiasq, he would either somehow get stuck back in a spirit jar, or, if Arii was injured, those injuries would be reflected back onto him. His flute might also disintigrate).

Deals can be broken verbally if both parties agree. No repercussions would follow.

Magic:
    N/A; Arii has learned no magic
    (See; Jet's sheet)

Weaknesses:
    Ariiasq would describe themself as almost nothing but weaknesses. They have one thing going for them and that's the speed at which they're able to craft more wards. Due to their physical fragility, Jet can't do too much to their body without damaging them, and pulling energy from their soul is a dangerous game that he wants no part of. As it is, he has to make their soul resonate artificially, so stressing it out any more is more trouble than he really thinks it's worth.

No matter how fast they are, Arii has poor stamina and poorer breath control, and their strategy of "ambush" only works when they're allowed to plan. If they're caught off-guard, they're as good as done.

Parameters
    Resonance: 1/ 5 (as a reminder; Arii can barely see yōkai on a good day. They may have a strong resonance, but they can't use any of it)
    Vitality: 2 / 5
    Strength: 2 / 5
    Speed: 5 / 5
    Body: 2 / 5
    Intellect: 4 / 5
    Technique: 3 / 5
    Magic: 2 / 5

Last edited:
Gray.png
(Credit to the lovely Tapfic Tapfic <3 for this FC)

• Slayer Registration:

Name:
    Luca Graymin (He's an immigrant, hence the non-Japanese name. He usually goes by Gray)

Date of Birth: May 7, 1986

Height / Weight: 6'1" (185 cm) // 121lbs (54.9kgs)

Appearance:
    Skinny to the point that nothing he wears fits, pale enough that he is regularly compared to a vampire, and perpetually wearing a pair of deep eyebags—Gray looks ill and has been told as much many, many times. In fact, he keeps a mental tally of how many times a stranger specifically said the phrase "like you could be knocked over by a strong wind" and it's at 12 now. Whether it be because of his stubble that never seems to grow into a proper beard, his usually uncombed hair that's beginning to grey, or (most commonly) both, he constantly looks disheveled. His hazel eyes are set into a squinted glare the great majority of the time, and his mouth often wears a matching frown. A gash-shaped scar that's somehow paler than the rest of his skin runs across his forehead and just nicks the top of his left eyebrow.

Profile:
    Despite his non-traditionally-Japanese uprbringing, Gray's life always involved yokai (though he wasn't always aware of it). His mom, a daughter of a spirit-slaying family who immigrated to the USA after she decdided she didn't want to follow in her family's footsteps, brought a bakeneko (cat yokai) magically bound in service to her family with her when she left. By the time Gray was born, the bakeneko had been acting as a sort of worst-case-scenario defense of the Graymin kids for a long time all while pretending to be a regular cat. Sure, his mom told him yokai stories, but they were all told with the air of fantasticalness that Gray was told fairy tales, and he soon came to think of them as such. In fact, he would've continued thinking as much until the day their family yokai—fondly nicknamed "Pest"—suddenly broke her bonds.

Later he would learn that she had reached 100 years of age and become a nekomata , therefore gaining enough power to escape the magic that had held her as a servant for so long. All he knew at the time was that he came home and there was a gigantic spirit cat of some sort tearing around.

Now, had this been any other yokai, Gray's soul would've likely been consumed, but Pest had grown fond of Gray over the years she watched him grow up and the idea of killing him was too much for her. Instead, she returned to Japan with Gray in tow. Here, she explained the bare minimum of what yokai were and told Gray to head back to America, claiming that she'd only brought him along to say goodbye and that staying in Japan would only serve to endanger him. Unfortunately for her, Gray has always been a stubborn, self-endangering dipshit, so he—entranced by the sudden new world of yokai he'd found himself in—stuck around even after they went their separate ways.

Fast forward a couple years and Gray's managed to become a spirit-slayer. His curious nature led to him learning as much as he could about magic and yokai, and this knowledge served him well on the field. He took a particular interest in charm making and kept himself (and others) safe by using things like spirit-wards and omamori. Eventually, he ran into Pest again who claimed to be mad that he stayed, but demanded head scritches regardless.

They worked as an on-and-off team for a while. Pest provided information, and Gray provided cat food the actual spirit-slaying. Pest also liked to tag along for the fights, though she swears this wasn't out of concern and only to watch the show. However, this would all start coming to an end when Gray met Ven. He was an ambitious spirit-slayer who had been fired from his old agency and found new employment in Gray's. Over time, as they worked together, they became closer and eventually started dating.

Unfortunately, Ven turned out to be less-than-reputable and, after Gray started slaying more yokai than him, decided to try to stage a little "accident" during an attempt to contain a powerful yokai. Gray lived because Pest was, thankfully, nearby, but she ended up trapped due to a malfunctioned ward. As a result, she now can only feed off of Gray's soul, making any magic and work in the spirit-slaying field extremely difficult for him, eventually leading to his retirement from the field.

This all happened four years ago. Ever since, Gray's been living with Pest and working as a (mostly) normal chemistry teacher. The constant drain on his soul has left him somewhat sickly and tired most of the time. Because of this and a metric ton of trust issues stemming from the Ven incident, he's gained a prickly attitude and interacts with very few friends outside of Pest. However, since he's on good terms with an active yokai, he still reports information he's been told seconhand from Pest. Often, his knowledge is more current than what's written in the manual. Grumpy as he is, he's still willing to give this information out to any spirit-slaying agency that comes knocking, if only because he's worried that not doing so would annoy a group who's whole job is to slay creatures like his only friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back